PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Texans' overtime loss to the Ravens...

Dread-Head
12-13-2010, 11:06 PM
*UCK!
Vugg it. At least they made the sons of bitches EARN a win.

MEGA SWATT
12-13-2010, 11:08 PM
tough loss for sure. But so was the jags and jets loss. No more playoff hopes.

Goatcheese
12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
http://mamiakua.com/Image/hole-heart.jpg

drewmar74
12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
*UCK!
Vugg it. At least they made the sons of bitches EARN a win.

Yeah. If you're gonna go down, go down swinging (and not like a bunch of bitches)

PapaL
12-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm proud of THIS team. We've eaten too much of that **** sandwich ready but we've gotta take another bite tonight. Damn good game. Way to fight. D kept us in there. Who wouldve thought it?

Dread-Head
12-13-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm proud of THIS team. We've eaten too much of that **** sandwich ready but we've gotta take another bite tonight. Damn good game. Way to fight. D kept us in there. Who wouldve thought it?

I would like a little hollandaise sauce with my crow. I thought tonight's game was going to be a Raven's blow out. I was dead wrong. Tonight's game was decided by the dumb luck of a coin toss. The Texans played one beautiful game this evening.

Blazin' Toro
12-13-2010, 11:20 PM
There is no such thing as a moral win.

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/164285/300.jpg

Koolaid Time
12-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I would like a little hollandaise sauce with my crow. I thought tonight's game was going to be a Raven's blow out. I was dead wrong. Tonight's game was decided by the dumb luck of a coin toss. The Texans played one beautiful game this evening.

More like the dumb luck of a pass call backed up on your goal line with a DB that has been jumping your routes all night.

GP
12-13-2010, 11:27 PM

What game were you watching, man? Coin toss didn't make us lose the game. Gee whiz...

They punted to us, because our defense stopped them, and then Kubiak and Dennison's genius playcalling ruined it for us.

Please tell me you understand this.

Kubiak said Schaub calls 2-minute drill plays. Who calls other plays? Answer: Not Schaub.

Dread-Head
12-13-2010, 11:29 PM
More like the dumb luck of a pass call backed up on your goal line with a DB that has been jumping your routes all night.

True... now pass me the pepper mill and tell the waiter to bring me a glass or Chardonnay to go with this small helping of crow.

Dread-Head
12-13-2010, 11:31 PM
What game were you watching, man? Coin toss didn't make us lose the game. Gee whiz...

They punted to us, because our defense stopped them, and then Kubiak and Dennison's genius playcalling ruined it for us.

Please tell me you understand this.

Kubiak said Schaub calls 2-minute drill plays. Who calls other plays? Answer: Not Schaub.

Schaub's interception sealed the game for the Ravens, but can you HONESTLY say that had the Texans won the coin toss and gotten the ball first this game wouldn't have ended differently?

Goatcheese
12-13-2010, 11:32 PM

The one where they came back from 28-7...

I'm assuming that someone had to call plays for the other 3 scores but I can't be certain. It may have just been sandlot with people just running whatever they felt like, but I doubt it.

Blazin' Toro
12-13-2010, 11:35 PM
The one where they came back from 28-7...

I'm assuming that someone had to call plays for the other 3 scores but I can't be certain. It may have just been sandlot with people just running whatever they felt like, but I doubt it.

They shouldn't be COMING BACK from any game, they do this to themselves almost EVERY single ****ing game...They're always fighting themselves back into the game around the end of the 3rd quarter. It's definitely the coaches, way too much talent on this team. It's like Kubiak has to ****ing literally grow a brain during the game enough to think in the last quarter. **** Kubiak, get him the **** out of Houston.

Norg
12-13-2010, 11:38 PM
SO what is our draft class looking like :kitten:

Goatcheese
12-13-2010, 11:39 PM
They shouldn't be COMING BACK from any game, they do this to themselves almost EVERY single ****ing game...They're always fighting themselves back into the game around the end of the 3rd quarter. It's definitely the coaches, way too much talent on this team. It's like Kubiak has to ****ing literally grow a brain during the game enough to think in the last quarter. **** Kubiak, get him the **** out of Houston.

:headhurts:

Dan B.
12-13-2010, 11:41 PM
SO what is our draft class looking like :kitten:

RB, DT, and 5 TE's...

Texecutioner
12-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Tonight's game was decided by the dumb luck of a coin toss. The Texans played one beautiful game this evening.

This is the problem with this fan base. You guys are happy and excited because you saw a close game where we made the typical pathetic 2nd half almost there but not close enough come back where we fell short.

You call this a beautiful game?? Really? That 1st half was beautiful to you? It was atrocious to me. We had one beautiful quarter in the 4th from great players that have all the potential in the world if they had a coach that could get them ready.

This game was another perfect mirage of what the Kubiak coached Texans are. A teaser.

The fact that fans are happy with a game like this when we're 5-8 is an injustice with this fan base for having low expectations and feeling like the bare minimum is acceptable.

DexmanC
12-13-2010, 11:45 PM
The Texans spotted one of the best defenses in the NFL 21 points, because
this team NEEDS the opponent to play PREVENT ZONE. Once the defense
lines up this way, the offense ALWAYS looks ALL WORLD.

Bob Mcnair is there every day, and he STILL doesn't see the great fraud
perpetuated by Kubiak's offense.

b0ng
12-13-2010, 11:46 PM
I would like to figure out how the Texans can keep tricking me into watching the whole game only to just piss in my face for all my effort.

Goatcheese
12-13-2010, 11:53 PM
The Texans spotted one of the best defenses in the NFL 21 points, because
this team NEEDS the opponent to play PREVENT ZONE. Once the defense
lines up this way, the offense ALWAYS looks ALL WORLD.

Bob Mcnair is there every day, and he STILL doesn't see the great fraud
perpetuated by Kubiak's offense.

What game were you watching? Do you even know what a prevent defense is?

It's hard to take you seriously when you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about.

DexmanC
12-13-2010, 11:54 PM
What game were you watching? Do you even know what a prevent defense is?

It's hard to take you seriously when you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about.

They spotted the Ravens 21 points, THEN decided to go to work.
THAT is the game I was watching.

They've played this style of game ALL YEAR LONG, and lose MOST of them.

Goatcheese
12-13-2010, 11:55 PM
They spotted the Ravens 21 points, THEN decided to go to work.
THAT is the game I was watching.

They've played this style of game ALL YEAR LONG, and lose MOST of them.

Nice dodge, but it's not working.

houstonspartan
12-13-2010, 11:58 PM
A "beautiful" game?

What the hell are you people talking about?

I just got back from Reliant. I saw an embarassing disaster that was mitigated by us coming back at the very end, then having our QB toss a pick six. That's what I saw that Reliant Stadium. Not sure what you guys were watching on tv.

Spare me the "moral victory" bull****, people.

We lost.

Jesus.

Texecutioner
12-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Nice dodge, but it's not working.

Is winning a game ever going to be a priority with you or is everything all good because we've got a nice classy coach that that's what's important? I'm just asking, because I typically see you defending Kubiak in every game that we lose like this.

And Dex mentioned this being the typical lay down in the first half and come out hard in the 2nd half crap we've seen all year, but it's actually been two years straight now. I have no idea how anyone could further justify this.

HJam72
12-14-2010, 12:09 AM
First half play was only excusable if they actually WIN the game. Doesn't matter how much you come back from. The fact is that the first half STUNK even more than the 2nd half made up for it. That's why they lost....again....for the same old reason. JJ, for instance, made up for his terrible 1st half performance and all the dropped passes. Great, but we don't need him to make up for crap like that in every game and struggle to achieve mediocrity. We need him to play like a winner.

It took our DC WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long to figure out what to do against their offense. This whole organization needs to realize that the first half counts too.

Goatcheese
12-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Is winning a game ever going to be a priority with you or is everything all good because we've got a nice classy coach that that's what's important? I'm just asking, because I typically see you defending Kubiak in every game that we lose like this.

You mean the games where his coaching had little or nothing to do with the loss? I'm pretty sure he didn't tell Rackers to miss a kick. He didn't tell receivers to drop touchdowns. He didn't tell them to kill most of our first half drives with their stone hands. And so on and so forth.

My problem with soapers isn't that they want Kubiak fired(I want him gone for his management/personnel decisions and nepotism hirings) it's that they have no idea WTF they're talking about. They're a bunch of clueless little twits who can't tell the difference between zone and man, or prevent and cover 2.

And Dex mentioned this being the typical lay down in the first half and come out hard in the 2nd half crap we've seen all year, but it's actually been two years straight now. I have no idea how anyone could further justify this.

They actually had quite a few huge first halves last season and soapers whined about how they didn't score another 20 in the second half(nevermind that we were mostly winning those games).

DX-TEX
12-14-2010, 12:19 AM
You mean the games where his coaching had little or nothing to do with the loss? I'm pretty sure he didn't tell Rackers to miss a kick. He didn't tell receivers to drop touchdowns. He didn't tell them to kill most of our first half drives with their stone hands. And so on and so forth.

My problem with soapers isn't that they want Kubiak fired(I want him gone for his management/personnel decisions and nepotism hirings) it's that they have no idea WTF they're talking about. They're a bunch of clueless little twits who can't tell the difference between zone and man, or prevent and cover 2.

They actually had quite a few huge first halves last season and soapers whined about how they didn't score another 20 in the second half(nevermind that we were mostly winning those games).

I would call those coaching issues and having your players prepared to play 4 damn quarters in a game. How about not using the NFL leading rusher in OT, pinned in your own endzone, against a defense that is clearly worn out and was just torn apart a couple times by draw plays....Yeah lets ignore that because we dont know WTF we are talking about.

durrrr......

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 12:19 AM

Name calling. The last refuge of the stupid and clueless.

Ok. I'm not a "soaper", but I do want Kubiak fired. I'm also a season ticket holder, and until you spend YOUR hard earned cash on this team, shut the f--k up.

MFG16
12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Quick question to all those who are completely fed up with either kubiak or the offense or whatever.. Why do ya'll keep watching the games? If this team is so predictable, why keep watching? Just so you can be mad and get on here and complain? Im not saying people dont have good arguments about the problems with the team, but come on. If you have a headache from hitting your head against the wall, stop hitting your head on the wall.

Goatcheese
12-14-2010, 12:29 AM
I would call those coaching issues and having your players prepared to play 4 damn quarters in a game. How about not using the NFL leading rusher in OT, pinned in your own endzone, against a defense that is clearly worn out and was just torn apart a couple times by draw plays....Yeah lets ignore that because we dont know WTF we are talking about.

durrrr......

You can tell a guy how to catch and how to tackle until you're blue in the face but then he has to go out there and actually do it. Coaching only goes so far. Are you going to bench AJ because he dropped a game winning TD and instead punted it to a defender for a game clinching int? Are you going to cut Ryans for missing tackles? Of course not.

This isn't Madden. You can't just run drills during mini-camp to up your receivers catch rating.

Ok. I'm not a "soaper", but I do want Kubiak fired. I'm also a season ticket holder, and until you spend YOUR hard earned cash on this team, shut the f--k up.

Showing outrage when the truth smacks you right in the face. The last refuge of the stupid and clueless.

I've spent plenty of money on the Texans, not that it matters. You could spend a cool billion and you still wouldn't have any clue what you're talking about.

b0ng
12-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Quick question to all those who are completely fed up with either kubiak or the offense or whatever.. Why do ya'll keep watching the games? If this team is so predictable, why keep watching? Just so you can be mad and get on here and complain? Im not saying people dont have good arguments about the problems with the team, but come on. If you have a headache from hitting your head against the wall, stop hitting your head on the wall.

I've turned off the game before, but lately this team has a knack of keeping me stuck watching the TV even though I already know what's going to happen. I fall for it every single time.

DexmanC
12-14-2010, 12:30 AM

Live a couple mo' years, son. Then, you'll understand why there
shouldn't be a question like the one you posed swimming around in your
head. It's apparent you haven't watched enough football yet.

Texecutioner
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM

And some how you just still don't get it. Lol!

It's amazing at how you'd turn this around from last season and cry about fans flaming this HC because he can't get his guys to play a full game. What difference does it make if last season it was more of the offense playing well in the first half and then not the second half. Is that still not the same problem? Sorry to be the one to inform you, but it is. It's just this year it's been more consistently in the first half where they play uninspired and unmotivated. Last season you didn't know which half it would be. You just knew you were only going to see one half of good football.

Your justifications here are beyond comprehension for any person who desires to see competency from an organization. From reading these posts of yours one would come to the conclusion that Bob Mcnair could put Larry The Cable Guy to coach this team and you'd stand up for him unconditionally just because Bob employs him and puts him out there with a Texans logo on his clothing.

Mr. Texan
12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
it's 2010 and the Texans are still irrelevant

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
You can tell a guy how to catch and how to tackle until you're blue in the face but then he has to go out there and actually do it. Coaching only goes so far. Are you going to bench AJ because he dropped a game winning TD and instead punted it to a defender for a game clinching int? Are you going to cut Ryans for missing tackles? Of course not.

This isn't Madden. You can't just run drills during mini-camp to up your receivers catch rating.

Showing outrage when the truth smacks you right in the face. The last refuge of the stupid and clueless.

I've spent plenty of money on the Texans, not that it matters. You could spend a cool billion and you still wouldn't have any clue what you're talking about.

I know that our team is 5-8 in a year when Peyton Manning is vulnerable. I also know that Atlanta had a disaster of a team a few years ago, and hired their coach in 2008, and is now staring at a possible deep playoff run. Do you want me to keep going?

Clearly, you're a stat guy. That's fine. But, as Jerry Jones said on "60 Minutes" last night: "Stats are for losers."

MFG16
12-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Live a couple mo' years, son. Then, you'll understand why there
shouldn't be a question like the one you posed swimming around in your
head. It's apparent you haven't watched enough football yet.

You know your probably right, but some of the comments on here make me shake my head.

Showtime100
12-14-2010, 12:41 AM

Congrats. Worst post I've seen tonight. You sound like a Cowboy bandwaggoner. Actually, you don't even sound like a sports fan. This is our team, it's what we do. Personally I can't wait for the day we do something incredible and we are all posting love here for the team (see New Orleans last year)

Let me riddle you this, what is a football fan who loves his hometown and all their teams supposed to do? Maybe you can just pack up and go on a team, but I'm here to stay, no matter how hard it is. There simply is no alternative.

Norg
12-14-2010, 12:44 AM

Im a DIe hard Man im in this till the end till I Die

Im a texans fan 4 life no matter what happens !!!!!!!!!!!!! IM a Fan of the Logo not the teams/Coaches that play under that logo that come and go

Corrosion
12-14-2010, 12:47 AM

I guess its the coaches that dropped what .... at least half a dozen passes , one for a TD ... NO OT if JJ cathes that and they arent forced to settle for 3. Another caused an INT ....

I guess its the coaches that miss tackles .... 3 guy's missed on the return for a TD. There were multiple examples of missed tackles in tonights games. Several on 3rd down that would have resulted in TD drives being cut short. My kids Jr High team tackles better.

You wanna blame someone , blame the guy's who deserve it - the players.

Give me a ****ing break with blaming the coaches for the failure by the players to execute.

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 12:54 AM
I guess its the coaches that dropped what .... at least half a dozen passes , one for a TD ... NO OT if JJ cathes that and they arent forced to settle for 3. Another caused an INT ....

I guess its the coaches that miss tackles .... 3 guy's missed on the return for a TD. There were multiple examples of missed tackles in tonights games. Several on 3rd down that would have resulted in TD drives being cut short. My kids Jr High team tackles better.

You wanna blame someone , blame the guy's who deserve it - the players.

Give me a ****ing break with blaming the coaches for the failure by the players to execute.

Um....guess who'se job it is to blame players and hold them accountable?

The coaches.

Why haven't we cut any players for their failure to execute? I agree that the players deserve a large share of the blame. But, who is supposed to hold them accountable? I'm lost here. Help me out.

worldlyman
12-14-2010, 01:07 AM
I know that our team is 5-8 in a year when Peyton Manning is vulnerable. I also know that Atlanta had a disaster of a team a few years ago, and hired their coach in 2008, and is now staring at a possible deep playoff run. Do you want me to keep going?

Clearly, you're a stat guy. That's fine. But, as Jerry Jones said on "60 Minutes" last night: "Stats are for losers."

These same Falcons failed to make the playoffs last year despite 11-5 in 2008, and have had a nice diet of Rams, Panthers, Bengals, 49ers, Cardinals, Browns and the like this year. Wish the Texans could have had a schedule like that in 2010.

9-7 last year wasn't as truthful a test as THIS season for Houston. But guess what, even a Texans team missing a defense, missing parts still, was STILL in position to beat qualitatively superior teams like the Jets, Eagles, Chargers, Ravens and Jags (who are quite better than they are given credit for).

The Texans just were not ready for that formidable gauntlet they had this year. I think they will get their defense improved in the coming seasons.

But they SOLVED and IMPROVED in areas such as running (seems like Foster is the specimen compared to Slaton), red zone production and overall offensive balance.

Whether you admit it or not, the Texans are still young and have upside. They are built for the long haul and once they get it going, they will be pretty good for awhile. The Falcons could go back to 8-8 next year, for all we know!

MFG16
12-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Congrats. Worst post I've seen tonight. You sound like a Cowboy bandwaggoner. Actually, you don't even sound like a sports fan. This is our team, it's what we do. Personally I can't wait for the day we do something incredible and we are all posting love here for the team (see New Orleans last year)

Let me riddle you this, what is a football fan who loves his hometown and all their teams supposed to do? Maybe you can just pack up and go on a team, but I'm here to stay, no matter how hard it is. There simply is no alternative.

I wasn't saying people should switch teams. I just wondered why people who completely hate the coaching staff/front office keep watching under the current regime. Why not just wait untill Kubiak gets fired and/or wait untill something positive happens. Some comments read like "this team is so predictacble.." just asked why people keep watching if they already know the outcome.

michaelm
12-14-2010, 01:14 AM

100% rep

Lucky
12-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Whether you admit it or not, the Texans are still young and have upside. They are built for the long haul and once they get it going, they will be pretty good for awhile.
Just how long is this haul?

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 01:16 AM
These same Falcons failed to make the playoffs last year, and have had a nice diet of Rams, Panthers, Bengals, 49ers, Cardinals, Browns and the like this year. Wish the Texans could have had a schedule like that in 2010.

9-7 last year wasn't as truthful a test as THIS season for Houston. But guess what, even a Texans team missing a defense, missing parts still, was STILL in position to beat qualitatively superior teams like the Jets, Eagles, Chargers, Ravens and Jags (who are quite better than they are given credit for).

The Texans just were not ready for that formidable gauntlet they had this year. I think they will get their defense improved in the coming seasons.

But they SOLVED and IMPROVED in areas such as running (seems like Foster is the specimen compared to Slaton), red zone production and overall offensive balance.

Whether you admit it or not, the Texans are still young and have upside. They are built for the long haul and once they get it going, they will be pretty good for awhile. The Falcons could go back to 8-8 next year, for all we know!

I don't even know where to start.

1) The Texans has a soft schedule LAST YEAR, and they failed to take advantage. Regardless of what you say about Atlanta's supposedly soft schedule this year, they took advantage of it and they are rolling along. Even WITH a "soft schedule" Atlanta is taking advantage of it with a coach that they have had for less than three years. Last year was Kubiak's FOURTH YEAR, and we couldn't take advantage of an easy schedule. Why?

2) The Texans schedule THIS YEAR was more difficult, but so what? You play the schedule you are given. And, we knew the schedule, what, back in April? AND, the NFC East was somewhat vunerable this year. Dallas was defintely a winnable game.

3) Peyton Manning has been beatable this year. Ask Jacksonville. THIS was the year to take the division.

Shame on the Texans for not taking advantage of an easy schedule last year, and shame on them for not taking advantage this year of a shifting NFL landscape where teams are more on an equal footing.

DX-TEX
12-14-2010, 01:25 AM

Where is the accountability that your messiah Kubiak so openly values? Who has been held accountable for this season? No one.

Yes when a team does not even do the fundamentals of a game correctly then I blame the person who is supposed to be holding them accountable. Using your logic we dont need a damn coach. These 52 guys can just do it on the fly.

BRILLIANT!

Corrosion
12-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Um....guess who'se job it is to blame players and hold them accountable?

The coaches.

Why haven't we cut any players for their failure to execute? I agree that the players deserve a large share of the blame. But, who is supposed to hold them accountable? I'm lost here. Help me out.

At this point in the season .... You dance with you ya got. Its not like there are more talented players on the streets.

Kubiak has held guy's accountable and when he did many if not most on this board were pissing and moaning about how he held out Foster and how it could have cost them the game ...

People are looking for a scapegoat .... That shouldnt be Kubiak. As much as it pains me to say it , it probably shouldnt be Smith either , even as bad as tis defense s performed. He's the same guy who turned the Texans defense around last season .....
They played the first 4 without Cushing , They let Pay Me Rick walk via FA (I would have too). They lost Barwin for the season and the pass rush hasnt been the same since. They lost their defensive leader in Ryans ..... and who knows if he will come back. MW is playing hurt and has been all year.
In no way am I making excuses for the players on the field here .... but the coaches have been handcuffed somewhat by these issues.

Coaching is about putting the players in position to succeed , to make a play .... this staff for the most part has done that.

They lost to the Jaq's when a player made a play and an opposing player made a better one.

They lost to the Jets when a player made a mistake - the safety who had deep help on Edwards and turned inside rather than covering the outside (Believe it was Wilson).

With those two games they became the first team in NFL history to lose two consecutive games decided in the final ten seconds.

Its easy to place blame on the coaches because what are you really going to do , fire all the players who **** up? **** you wont have anyone left on your roster after week three.

Dont know if any of you know this but McNair told Kubiak point blank to stop accepting the blame for his players failures to the media .... McNair believes in Kubiak.

buddyboy
12-14-2010, 01:34 AM

What I heard Dex say was that the Texans defense purposefully lays down the first half so that Kubiak can make himself look good on offense the second half since the opposition is playing prevent defense.

Agree/disagree?

The only thing Goatcheese said about that post was that the idea that this offense can only score when the opposition is in prevent defense (and that the Ravens were IN prevent defense for most of the game) is absolutely nonsensical.

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 01:43 AM
At this point in the season .... You dance with you ya got. Its not like there are more talented players on the streets.

Kubiak has held guy's accountable and when he did many if not most on this board were pissing and moaning about how he held out Foster and how it could have cost them the game ...

People are looking for a scapegoat .... That shouldnt be Kubiak. As much as it pains me to say it , it probably shouldnt be Smith either , even as bad as tis defense s performed. He's the same guy who turned the Texans defense around last season .....
They played the first 4 without Cushing , They let Pay Me Rick walk via FA (I would have too). They lost Barwin for the season and the pass rush hasnt been the same since. They lost their defensive leader in Ryans ..... and who knows if he will come back. MW is playing hurt and has been all year.
In no way am I making excuses for the players on the field here .... but the coaches have been handcuffed somewhat by these issues.

Coaching is about putting the players in position to succeed , to make a play .... this staff for the most part has done that.

They lost to the Jaq's when a player made a play and an opposing player made a better one.

They lost to the Jets when a player made a mistake - the safety who had deep help on Edwards and turned inside rather than covering the outside (Believe it was Wilson).

With those two games they became the first team in NFL history to lose two consecutive games decided in the final ten seconds.

Its easy to place blame on the coaches because what are you really going to do , fire all the players who **** up? **** you wont have anyone left on your roster after week three.

Dont know if any of you know this but McNair told Kubiak point blank to stop accepting the blame for his players failures to the media .... McNair believes in Kubiak.

Ok, so I ask again: Who is supposed to hold the players accountable? The player fairy?

I'm serious here.

Three years ago, I told someone that if we didn't get a hard-hitting Safety, it would catch up to us. Last season, right after the San Fran game, I told a friend of mine that I was getting worried about Kris Brown and his missed kicks.

I don't claim to be a football genius by any means. The things I mentioned were clear, obvious holes that this team had. If I can see them, why can't the coaches?

Corrosion
12-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Ok, so I ask again: Who is supposed to hold the players accountable? The player fairy?

I'm serious here.

Three years ago, I told someone that if we didn't get a hard-hitting Safety, it would catch up to us. Last season, right after the San Fran game, I told a friend of mine that I was getting worried about Kris Brown and his missed kicks.

I don't claim to be a football genius by any means. The things I mentioned were clear, obvious holes that this team had. If I can see them, why can't the coaches?

Again , players have been held accountable for their actions .... Brown missed FG's and where's he at now ? Foster screws up and is held out of the game , fans ***** and complain. Jackson's minutes have declined substantially due to his performance ..... Dont you consider those instances of the coaches holding players accountable ? Also , even in todays age of information , you arent privy to what goes on behind closed doors.

Cant win for losing .... kinda like they cant win for losing on the field.

Sure this team has holes , especially in the secondary and ... at DT. Its hard to fill every need .... expecially in one offseason.

From what Ive heard they expected Nolan to be the guy at FS .... he hasnt really stepped up.

This team is built for the long haul , once they put it together , they will be good for many years to come. Its a matter of the players executing , believing in themselves and the system.

HJam72
12-14-2010, 01:59 AM

But, I like hitting my head on the wall. :mcnugget:

houstonspartan
12-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Again , players have been held accountable for their actions .... Brown missed FG's and where's he at now ? Foster screws up and is held out of the game , fans ***** and complain. Jackson's minutes have declined substantially due to his performance ..... Dont you consider those instances of the coaches holding players accountable ? Also , even in todays age of information , you arent privy to what goes on behind closed doors.

Cant win for losing .... kinda like they cant win for losing on the field.

Sure this team has holes , especially in the secondary and ... at DT. Its hard to fill every need .... expecially in one offseason.

From what Ive heard they expected Nolan to be the guy at FS .... he hasnt really stepped up.

This team is built for the long haul , once they put it together , they will be good for many years to come. Its a matter of the players executing , believing in themselves and the system.

Um, Kris Brown was not immediately held accountable. They let him rot and blow games for us for weeks after they knew he was bad, and THEN they kept him, and THEN they held a competition to see who would get the job. On the 31 other NFL teams, he would have been cut in the middle of the season.

The Jets, and, I think, the Steelers recently cut their kickers. Both teams are staring at a playoff run, and decided: "Hmm. We need to shore up our kicking game."

So they cut their kickers and brought in new ones. Mid season.

Get it?

Kimmy
12-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Um, Kris Brown was not immediately held accountable.

Get it?

And guess who has come in to those teams "looking" this year? Kris Brown. I always shout at the TV .. NOOOOooooooooo! Don't do it hahaha

Corrosion
12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Um, Kris Brown was not immediately held accountable. They let him rot and blow games for us for weeks after they knew he was bad, and THEN they kept him, and THEN they held a competition to see who would get the job. On the 31 other NFL teams, he would have been cut in the middle of the season.

The Jets, and, I think, the Steelers recently cut their kickers. Both teams are staring at a playoff run, and decided: "Hmm. We need to shore up our kicking game."

Get it?

Brown has been with how many teams this year ?

I do believe that if the Texans felt there was a better option available they would have made that move last season because it was obvious that Brown wasnt getting the job done.

But look at all the teams that need kickers this season .... they may have cut their kickers but they brought in retreads like Brown to attempt to fill the hole.

If there isnt a better option , you may as well dance with who brung ya .... at least you night get lucky that night.

Revolution
12-14-2010, 06:19 AM

First, I want Kubiak fired. This has got to end and we need a proven winner (both GM and HC) brought in next year to get this organization off the track of mediocrity.

I have a problem with your last sentence. Self-fulfilling to your first point...

If you don't spend money on the team, you can't have an opinion? Please....

IDEXAN
12-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Whether you admit it or not, the Texans are still young and have upside. They are built for the long haul and once they get it going, they will be pretty good for awhile.

Nobody's young forever, not even the Texans. Before the 2011 regular season begins (if we have one ?), both Schaub & AJ will be 30 and that's not young anymore. Not in football years.

Thorn
12-14-2010, 07:21 AM
it's 2010 and the Texans are still irrelevant

And that, my fellow fans, says it all.

Good effort? Poor planning? Bad players or coaches? Football gods don't like us? Living in Houston is bad karma? Whatever. All that matters is the Texans are right back where they started and have relatively little to show for their first decade in the NFL. Well, other than terrific talent that is being wasted on an inept team.

drs23
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM

Had not heard/read that anywhere before. When/where did he say this?

Rey
12-14-2010, 10:54 AM
These same Falcons failed to make the playoffs last year despite 11-5 in 2008, and have had a nice diet of Rams, Panthers, Bengals, 49ers, Cardinals, Browns and the like this year. Wish the Texans could have had a schedule like that in 2010.

Remember this post from early in the season:

The Houston Texans are 3-2...so at this point they do not "suck." I do have grave concerns about their combined inability to generate a consistent pass rush and defend intermediate routes.

But all this about "being competitive" stuff week in and week out stuff, trying to hold the Texans to some standard or whatever, I have to say that I think NFL teams in general are very competitive at their level. And at that level, there are always peaks and valleys, especially in this season/era of great parity.

You were not impressed by the victory over the Redskins? To be down 27-10 in a tough stadium, by what is apparently a tough Washington team, and finding ways, making big plays down the stretch to pull out a win...I mean, that doesn't "suck" what the Texans did that day.

You are doing the "what if" regarding victories over the Colts and Raiders? The Texans dominated those teams and while moments got sketchy toward the ends of those games, Houston never really lost control.

Remember, that same Colts team just flat pancaked the very same Giants, 41-10 a few weeks ago. (Giants also got whacked by the Titans, 29-10 too.) Remember the Raiders just recently beat those supposedly elite Chargers as well!

Competitive, schmepetitive. In this NFL era, you're just going to have a couple Sundays or so when you're going to have your a-- handed to you. The Texans are not exempt. They've indeed had their butts handed to them a couple times now. That doesn't mean they suck. They just simply have to execute better, put the bad games behind and win more games ahead.

"Competitive?" The Dallas Cowboys racked up 500 yards of O against the Titans last Sunday...they owned TOP 36 to 23 mins. Yep. They still lost. The Cowboys were about as competitive as they could be. You think Cowboy fans still appreciated their team being "competitive" after that loss?

"Competitive?" Even in the NFL of yesteryear, when there were still truly dominant teams, even the 15-1 1985-86 Chicago Bears got their butts handed to them 38-24 in one game. Just totally blown out.

I wonder about these "fans" who think their team should be so perfect every single down, every single quarter. NFL players do have talent but they aren't machines.

That being said, yeah, the Texans better find a way to pressure the quarterbacks more consistently. The Texans overall offense was 4th heading into the NY game, but despite the observation of it being "off", I take the view that this new balanced dynamic between run and pass is still being worked out and will get better as the season progresses. Add to the recovery time needed for Andre and Owen too. Owen Daniels has been looking better too...so he's getting there.

You can't keep making excuses for a team that is just not that good. At some point you have to face the music and just realize that you aren't that good.

You can't just keep extending the time frame for them to actually become a good team....

Well, I guess you can, but that just doesn't seem very smart....

The Texans have not been a good team and they had serious weaknesses that could be seen from the first game. Yes we rolled on the Colts the first game of the season, but those Colts were not the Colts of years past.

I think we were very fortunate to be 3-2 at that time...We got lucky...

but in the end, when the real bullets started flying this team showed their true colors...