PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak to Denver?

bckey
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Is the stage set for Kubiak to take over the reigns in Denver? It sure looks like a possibility with the odd timed firing of Josh McDaniels. Maybe behind the scenes Bob McNair and Pat Bowlen have discussed Kubiak's future. You know how McNair tends to be too nice to people he really likes. Just a thought.

ThaShark316
12-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I doubt it bruh.

However...I know a few Broncos fans and they wouldn't mind seeing Kubes go there. Not that it means much, just saying.

I do know that Bowlen loves Kubiak and would have made him the coach if he hadn't bounced already.

Ryan
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I think the game at Denver might be a tryout if we lose the next two.

ChampionTexan
12-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Is the stage set for Kubiak to take over the reigns in Denver? It sure looks like a possibility with the odd timed firing of Josh McDaniels. Maybe behind the scenes Bob McNair and Pat Bowlen have discussed Kubiak's future. You know how McNair tends to be too nice to people he really likes. Just a thought.

I'm just curious, even if Bowlen did want to hire Kubiak if available, what sort of discussions between he and McNair would make any sort of sense to be taking place (for either side?)

BullsOnParade
12-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Or Urban Meyer? Reunited with Tebow.

beerlover
12-09-2010, 01:24 PM
If Kubiak is such a good fit in Denver why not in Houston? Ownership loves his team first, good guys finish first approach.

If anybody could make Tebow work in the NFL its Oregon HC Chip Kelly. He would use the altitude in his favor, keep with the traditional small, quicker, value added positional players like Elvis Dumervil & on sheer conditioning alone whip up teams if they don't get to em early.

Shaft75
12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
I personally think it will be Frank Bush.:spin:

Second Honeymoon
12-09-2010, 01:47 PM
good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the ass.
take your carebear attitude and your aww shucks persona and get the hell outta here.

ThaShark316
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
take your carebear attitude and your aww shucks persona and get the hell outta here.

Wade Phillips was already fired homie.

Kaiser Toro
12-09-2010, 02:04 PM
The Denver position being open only makes it more difficult for McNair to let Kubiak go, in the event we do not go on the 4th Annual Wayne Fontes Memorial Run. McNair has the "asset" signed through 2011, there is value in that asset due to the current market and with a potential lockout.

Htownsportsfan
12-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I really think Pat Bolen is just like the other owners and coaches who had a Hall of Famer make them look smarter than they really are and its all coming out in the wash. After Elway retired he allowed Shanny Sr. to bring in thug after thug and continue to struggle to hold that team together rather than rebuild. His fires Shanny to rebuild but goes and hires a fresh faced kid and gives him the keys to the store. Then when his team suffer from typical rebuilding woes from a lack of talent he fires the kid with games still yet to be played and a lockout looming without a real coaching candidate to to over.

I dont think Mcdaniels was ready for that kid of responsibility but I agree with Mike Lombardi that owners often times are their own worst enemy! They dont like the system they currently run so they bring in a new coaching staff for change. Then they dont have the fortitude to ride out the rough times with losses and booing fans while the right talent is acquired for the change. So now Denver needs a new coach to come in during what looks like a lock out off season and still dont have much top of the line talent. Then theirs the Texans. Lots of talent and an owner that thinks he is doing the right thing in giving his coach plenty of time and not making a change but is most likely just delaying the inevitable.

Double Barrel
12-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Kubiak to Denver

Music to my ears that makes my heart dance.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen.

beerlover
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM

yeah I can see you death metal style :wesmantexanfan:

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Whitechapel/similarartists

Showtime100
12-09-2010, 03:24 PM

I'm afraid I'm in agreement on both points.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/P7gbvYSB8VkXQ4kH7B7bmg.gif

Rey
12-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I wish. I really, really wish.

MightyTExan
12-09-2010, 06:48 PM

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/P7gbvYSB8VkXQ4kH7B7bmg.gif

http://www.gifflix.com/files/dfd9cf40c68c.gif

BrandonLwowski
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Sterling Sharpe on Thurday night kickoff just said that kubiak is the perfect coach for denver...so pink soaps might get there wish come true.

CretorFrigg
12-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Darn, when I opened this thread, I was hoping for a legitimate source. Oh well, let's get rid of Frank Bush first. Like. Right now. This second. Before the Ravens game. Do it. Fire him. Fire Frank Bush.

GP
12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
The Denver position being open only makes it more difficult for McNair to let Kubiak go, in the event we do not go on the 4th Annual Wayne Fontes Memorial Run. McNair has the "asset" signed through 2011, there is value in that asset due to the current market and with a potential lockout.

4th Annual Wayne Fontes Memorial Run.

OMG! LMAO!

:crying2:

False Start
12-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I sure as hell hope so. As soon as I heard McDaniels was fired, I made this.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1900/kubes2011.jpg

I just don't think he will be gone though. Unless they completely fold, I think McNair will keep him around. :(

Doppelganger
12-09-2010, 09:50 PM

Sorry. I don't get it?

Mr. White
12-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Sorry. I don't get it?

It's Ron Simmons saying "Damn!!!"

houstonspartan
12-10-2010, 12:38 AM

Second,

A-freaking-men. I can't rep you anymore than I already have.

Bye-bye, Kubiak.

TimeKiller
12-10-2010, 08:33 AM

One too far?

BigBull17
12-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm just curious, even if Bowlen did want to hire Kubiak if available, what sort of discussions between he and McNair would make any sort of sense to be taking place (for either side?)

I think it would be like this.

McNair: "So, you want Gary as your coach"
Bowlen: " Um, I think I'll pass"
McNair: "I wasn't asking, you WILL take him"
Bowlen: "No, I won't YOU keep him".

Then it becomes rich old guy make up phone sex.

False Start
12-10-2010, 10:42 AM

:yes:

Pollardized
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM

Farooq!!!!!

DexmanC
12-10-2010, 04:55 PM

He was first Black man to hold the World Heavyweight Championship
in WCW. I believe it was in '92. After him you had guys like
Booker T and The Rock become World Champ. Ron Simmons will
always be the first.

I used to be a wrestling fan back in the day. Now. I don't know
what it's become.

ArlingtonTexan
12-10-2010, 05:23 PM
always be the first.

what it's become.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa4a2a_big-van-vader-vs-ron-simmons-wcw-he_sport

DexmanC
12-10-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa4a2a_big-van-vader-vs-ron-simmons-wcw-he_sport

Jim Ross could sell a match like no other. I forgot how good that
was. Yep. I cried when I saw this match as a young child.
This was a big moment, like Jackie Robinson taking his first
at-bat, or Jack Johnson becoming World Heavyweight Champion.

Doppelganger
12-10-2010, 07:08 PM
It's Ron Simmons saying "Damn!!!"

Sorry that does not help me whatsoever.

always be the first.

what it's become.

So he is a wrestler then. Ok. Yeah. I watched back in the late 80s but even as a kid it seemed to over the top for me. I guess I never saw this guy. The guys I remember were Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Million Dollar Man, and Macho Man Randy Savage. I imagine none of those guys can still wrestle. I mean they would be in their50s or 60s at this point, i would imagine!

DexmanC
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Sorry that does not help me whatsoever.

So he is a wrestler then. Ok. Yeah. I watched back in the late 80s but even as a kid it seemed to over the top for me. I guess I never saw this guy. The guys I remember were Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Million Dollar Man, and Macho Man Randy Savage. I imagine none of those guys can still wrestle. I mean they would be in their50s or 60s at this point, i would imagine!

There was a guy who wrestled well into his 70's. His name was Lou Thesz.
Wrestling was in a whole-other context pre 1995. It used to be as big
as any major sport.

TexanAggie89
12-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey guys, im a usual poster on the Texans website message board, but i came over here because the conversation seems more about football, and less knee jerk threads.

I would support Kubiak going to denver, BUT i do think we will miss our offensive production and excitement to see our team score alot of points. If Cowher really said what the media said that he is looking at his opportunities, Mcnair should take a look at him.

Also, for coordinators, I see Josh McDaniels as a great potential OC if we had Cowher. We have the players already to keep our explosiveness. And he did make Kyle Orton look like Tom Brady at times, and he cant trade away our players! :hurrah:

For DC, i see Marvin Lewis out in Cincy, as i think he has more than worn out his welcome. Imagine a HC like Cowher, with the mastermind behind the Ravens' early 2000's Defenses....

Doppelganger
12-10-2010, 08:11 PM
There was a guy who wrestled well into his 70's. His name was Lou Thesz.
Wrestling was in a whole-other context pre 1995. It used to be as big
as any major sport.

WOW! That is amazing. That is a testament to his athletic ability to be able to wrestle into his 70s. Like I said, I watched in the late 80s and have not since. I know some people love it, I have a friend who watches religiously, but it is not for me.

Than again, I watch the Texans religiously and he does not. So, to each his own I suppose.

JCTexan
12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey guys, im a usual poster on the Texans website message board, but i came over here because the conversation seems more about football, and less knee jerk threads.

I would support Kubiak going to denver, BUT i do think we will miss our offensive production and excitement to see our team score alot of points. If Cowher really said what the media said that he is looking at his opportunities, Mcnair should take a look at him.

Also, for coordinators, I see Josh McDaniels as a great potential OC if we had Cowher. We have the players already to keep our explosiveness. And he did make Kyle Orton look like Tom Brady at times, and he cant trade away our players! :hurrah:

For DC, i see Marvin Lewis out in Cincy, as i think he has more than worn out his welcome. Imagine a HC like Cowher, with the mastermind behind the Ravens' early 2000's Defenses....

Welcome to the board. I use to frequent the other, but I found this board to have more knowledgeable football fans.

If Kubiak is indeed fired I would certainly hope Cowher is at the top of the list to be his replacement. I would rather they stick with Dennison than bring Mcdaniels here to be the OC. Mcdaniels has been one of the dumbest head coaches the last couple of years, and I would rather they just keep the offense the same. Lewis would be an excellent choice if indeed Cowher is the head coach next year. He has experience running the 3-4 defense both as a defensive coordinator & as a head coach.