PDA

View Full Version : Some Sugar-Coated Medicine for Monday Night

dalemurphy
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm in the midst of writing an enormous article outlining the failings of the organization over the past five years. However, I also have these pesky tickets to the game on Monday night. Not only that, but the freakin' Colts keep losing and the mathmetician in me keeps crunching numbers. Remarkably, we are still in this thing. So, for those of you struggling emotionally to get up for the game on Monday, I put together something to inspire us for the next few days. By the way, if the Colts lose at Tennessee and the Jags lose at Oakland this Sunday, the Texans will control their own destiny!

click here if you are interested in sappiness (http://www.texansbullblog.com/hope-apostle-paul-tim-robbins-gene-hackman-tbb-hold-hope/featured-articles/)

BetaV1
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
So what you're saying is this game has the potential to be the most important game in Texans history. Yippee! :cow:

I kid, I kid. I'm honestly trying to not get my hopes up because this team always has a way of ignoring destiny's sexual advances and standing her up on a big date, only to watch some dweeb scoop her on the rebound. The level of excitement off the field is only and always matched by disappointment on the field.

Every time I'm ready to throw the dirt on the team, I come to Texans Talk and some nut deciphers the weekly mystery of "How can the Texans make the playoffs now?" and suddenly I'm sitting in front of the television with a bowl of popcorn, a smile, and in the prime position to receive my weekly kick in the crotch.

Awesome blog, by the way.

spurstexanstros
12-08-2010, 02:18 PM
How many of theses most important games in franchise history have we won 0 sheesh. Well heres to it ending sometime.

dalemurphy
12-08-2010, 02:25 PM
How many of theses most important games in franchise history have we won 0 sheesh. Well heres to it ending sometime.

We won a couple of them last year:

at Miami, vs. New England...

that New England game was a pretty cool experience. We were kinda, sorta in the postseason for about 4 hours.

El Tejano
12-08-2010, 02:33 PM

that New England game was a pretty cool experience. We were kinda, sorta in the postseason for about 4 hours.

And we beat Indy in the first game this year.

TheCD
12-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Every time I'm ready to throw the dirt on the team, I come to Texans Talk and some nut deciphers the weekly mystery of "How can the Texans make the playoffs now?" and suddenly I'm sitting in front of the television with a bowl of popcorn, a smile, and in the prime position to receive my weekly kick in the crotch.

Is there any other way of life as a Texans fan?

I'm in the midst of teaching my daughter that rooting for the Texans means you're going to get your heart broken over and over...but you just can't say "no thanks".

Now my daughter comes and gives me hugs whenever the Texans screw up. She's given me a lot of hugs this year...:texflag:

HOU-TEX
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM

And we beat Indy in the first game this year.

We need to give Gary another 2 year extension

eriadoc
12-08-2010, 04:23 PM
If the Texans win out, they'll likely be in the same position as last year, which is to say that the most important game in the Texans' franchise history will be played by two other teams while the Texans watch and pray. The Texans continue to lose the most important games they play, thus putting themselves in that position. If they would have taken care of business to this point, there wouldn't be a bunch of optimist mathematicians trying desperately to find a way to justify their optimism.

The Texans are done. Play with the math all you want, but in a season when the Colts declined and the division was open to them, they did what we all should have expected them to do - they choked.

dalemurphy
12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
If the Texans win out, they'll likely be in the same position as last year, which is to say that the most important game in the Texans' franchise history will be played by two other teams while the Texans watch and pray. The Texans continue to lose the most important games they play, thus putting themselves in that position. If they would have taken care of business to this point, there wouldn't be a bunch of optimist mathematicians trying desperately to find a way to justify their optimism.

The Texans are done. Play with the math all you want, but in a season when the Colts declined and the division was open to them, they did what we all should have expected them to do - they choked.

I do not approve of this attitude. Please look away... there is nothing to see here.

eriadoc
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I do not approve of this attitude. Please look away... there is nothing to see here.

LOL, I came by this attitude honestly - I earned it as a Texans fan. Unlike some, I can be taught. ;)

ESAD2-14
12-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Sitting at 5-7 and having to hope multiple other teams lose so we have a super small shot at making the play offs, sorry I can't get to excited over that. The Texans would also have to win out for the remainder of the season, with our defense there is a slim to none chance that happens(there is the annual end of year 4 game win streak, thats why I allowed for the slim chance). For 11 out of 12 games I have sat here an watched the D get torched in every conceivable fashion, I have seen nothing that would or should make me expect anything different.

Go Texans :brickwall:

BullsOnParade
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM
We're doomed.

GP
12-08-2010, 06:23 PM

I was thinking of doing an [/thread] here....

But your post was so succinct and so brilliantly constructed, that it's this:

[/forum]

stevn8r
12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Our Texans are playing on Monday night. The biggest stage in Football. You pansies can kiss my ass! I will be there, all in RED screaming my ass off for the team I love! There is a chance to make the playoffs, and lesser teams have done it! We have one hurdle in front of us and that is the Ravens....who we CAN beat!
4 games! that's it! 4 lousy games!
Our Defense has improved as of late! It's not over! IT'S FAR FROM OVER!
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!!! But I digress...

This could be YOUR LAST Monday Night game until 2012!
So let's get our collective, down in the dumps, woe is me asses up for one more BATTLE RED experience and kick some Raven tail! Now, who is with me?!?
I want to stagger over to the hotel and be totally deaf from my brethren voices screaming VICTORY!!!
Thanks to Dale for the thread...It was needed
That is all
GO TEXANS!
:texflag:

and due to nbc copyright infringements, the motivational speech has a freakin dog in it!
For me, will y'all please imagine TORO in the dogs place?
THANKS

motivational speech (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmybQKpmTw)

dalemurphy
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Our Texans are playing on Monday night. The biggest stage in Football. You pansies can kiss my ass! I will be there, all in RED screaming my ass off for the team I love! There is a chance to make the playoffs, and lesser teams have done it! We have one hurdle in front of us and that is the Ravens....who we CAN beat!

So let's get our collective, down in the dumps, woe is me asses up for one more BATTLE RED experience and kick some Raven tail! Now, who is with me?!?
I want to stagger over to the hotel and be totally deaf from my brethren voices screaming VICTORY!!!
That is all
GO TEXANS!

and due to nbc copyright infringements, the motivational speech has a freakin dog in it!
THANKS

You crazy b-stard!! You, sir, are an inspiration.

El Tejano
12-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I forgot all about Battle Red week. Oh it's on now.

Ryan
12-09-2010, 12:28 AM
If our team does tank it this season and miss out on playoffs, let's at least hope the talking heads get off of our bandwagon altogether and just stop talking that the next season is our year, simply due to the fact that i want my sunday games back. Primetime games are fun and everything on occasion, but traditionally we aren't that spectacular in them and i think Sunday afternoon football is what it's all about. We've had FOUR SUNDAYS this season of no Texans to root for, i'm not a fan of that.

But nonetheless, Monday night, i'll be sporting my red and cheering my ass off for the glimmer of hope that we still have.

Malloy
12-09-2010, 01:43 AM

That is all
GO TEXANS!

THANKS

Thats the spirit ;)

Hookem Horns
12-09-2010, 05:06 AM
"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cQb2tKyozEQ/SZYb_wfCxqI/AAAAAAAAA3k/cH6BsdLZkFQ/s400/a_chance.jpeg

... and that means I have to root for the Titans tonight? No thanks.

Malloy
12-09-2010, 08:11 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cQb2tKyozEQ/SZYb_wfCxqI/AAAAAAAAA3k/cH6BsdLZkFQ/s400/a_chance.jpeg

With someone NOT named VY at QB it'll be 'easier' for me :)

Mean Machine
12-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Until we are mathematically OUT of the play-offs, there is a CHANCE!
So UNTIL that time happens, I am going to yell, scream, cheer, for my TEAM.

Who's with me!!!!

C'MON TEXANS!!!

dalemurphy
12-09-2010, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

80tothezone
12-09-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm in the midst of writing an enormous article outlining the failings of the organization over the past five years. However, I also have these pesky tickets to the game on Monday night. Not only that, but the freakin' Colts keep losing and the mathmetician in me keeps crunching numbers. Remarkably, we are still in this thing. So, for those of you struggling emotionally to get up for the game on Monday, I put together something to inspire us for the next few days. By the way, if the Colts lose at Tennessee and the Jags lose at Oakland this Sunday, the Texans will control their own destiny!

click here if you are interested in sappiness (http://www.texansbullblog.com/hope-apostle-paul-tim-robbins-gene-hackman-tbb-hold-hope/featured-articles/)

love the speech stalone makes ... one of my favorite from a movie and pretty much the anthem of the Houston Texans and for that reason despite every year's heartache and disappointment ... I love this team god damnit!!!!

eriadoc
12-09-2010, 09:11 AM

That's where I am. If my team sucks so badly that I have to root for the Titans, then they suck bad enough not to get into the playoffs. They should have never left their fate in the hands of the Titans.

HOU-TEX
12-09-2010, 09:14 AM
That's where I am. If my team sucks so badly that I have to root for the Titans, then they suck bad enough not to get into the playoffs. They should have never left their fate in the hands of the Titans.

Isn't that what Kubiak and players were preaching to us before the season? How they needed NOT to rely on other teams to decide their fate. Yeah, how's that working out now fellas?

dalemurphy
12-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Isn't that what Kubiak and players were preaching to us before the season? How they needed NOT to rely on other teams to decide their fate. Yeah, how's that working out now fellas?

If Tennessee and Oakland win this week, Texans control their own destiny. Yippee!

BetaV1
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM

Kubiak also said he was tired of seeing the Colts atop the division and that it was time for somebody else to win the AFC South.

Looks like he might be right about that one way or another. :spin:

Double Barrel
12-09-2010, 02:31 PM

No doubt. And I know what would happen if I lowered my mind to that place with no standards and actually sullied my brain with thoughts of rooting for the Titans...the Tits would win, the Jags would lose, and we'd get embarrassed in our ketchup bottle game by a real playoff contender.

Let the Texans win the next four and the pieces fall where they fall, but I ain't ever rooting for the Titans (and that includes the unfortunate potential if they even draft my son!!!).

Dwade
12-09-2010, 06:39 PM

That is all
GO TEXANS!

THANKS

I'm sorry man...but this upcoming loss to Baltimore is gonna hit you hard

BetaV1
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
ESPN's AccuScore System (http://tinyurl.com/32xkcjj), which is a football simulator run on Sky Net, gives the Ravens a 63% chance to win and the Texans a 36% chance to win. Average score (rounded up) is Baltimore 27, Houston 23.

This thing is usually pretty darn close. :(

CloakNNNdagger
12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
With the Colts doing as well as they are in the 1st half of the game, it looks as if the only thing that the Texans will be in control of is their next year's draft position.

JB
12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
With the Colts doing as well as they are in the 1st half of the game, it looks as if the only thing that the Texans will be in control of is their next year's draft position.

I think I need some drug coated drugs...

edo783
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Just put a condom on and you will be alright.