PDA

View Full Version : Ndamukong Suh

Joe Texan
12-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Dude is on first and 10 on ESPN sporting a Michael Jackson Sequined glove on one hand, I got to say "COME ON MAN" but I guess if he wants it he can have it.

MojoMan
12-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Ndamukong Suh

How has he been playing this year? I have not really heard.

Joe Texan
12-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Seems to be playing alright getting called for hitting Cutler and landing an interview about it, Mario can Kill a quarterback and not get an interview

Kulluminatii
12-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Suh is a beast, 49 tackles 8 sacks and 1 INT...he's pretty much a lock for DROY. Add in the factor that he's playing for the Detroit Lions and his stats look that much more appealing. If the Lions can build around Suh on D the guy will be a monster in this league.

GuerillaBlack
12-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Dude is on first and 10 on ESPN sporting a Michael Jackson Sequined glove on one hand, I got to say "COME ON MAN" but I guess if he wants it he can have it.

You couldn't like do a Google search to get his name right before making the thread? LOL. But yeah, Suh is definitely a beast. DROY for sure and he'll be a force for years to come. And about the glove, he is signing it and auctioning it off for a Detroit charity. For that, I said, "well done man".

Texan4Ever
12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Ndamukong Suh

How has he been playing this year? I have not really heard.

He is one of the few draft picks that all the "analysts" got correctly as the second coming of Reggie White. Even at an average weight of 300-Lbs, he's done things that Amobi Okoye dreams he could do (shed blockers and stop the running back before he even crossed the LOS, manhandle offensive linemen and get QB sacks, record an INT, make everyone around him look like a star, etc).

I hope he has a long and illustrious career because the Lions need him to help their defense out. Future Hall of Famer anyone?

Kulluminatii
12-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I hope he has a long and illustrious career because the Lions need him to help their defense out. Future Hall of Famer anyone?

I don't want to jinx him by saying he's a lock...but if he keeps this up and continues to improve, the sky is the limit for Suh. I'm glad the Lions drafted Suh, it gives their fan's some sort of hope of getting better in the future.

bah007
12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Leading up to the draft I said this guy compares favorably to Warren Sapp. We're not even a full year in yet, but it looks good so far..

Kulluminatii
12-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Leading up to the draft I said this guy compares favorably to Warren Sapp. We're not even a full year in yet, but it looks good so far..

I'm just hoping he can stay healthy. Going into the draft, I knew Suh would be better than McCoy...but I never expected him to be better by this much. Who knows, maybe McCoy is a late bloomer and he'll catch up...but right now its looking like the Lions got the best pick in that 1st round.

Mr. Texan
12-07-2010, 01:50 PM
ndonkeykong suh is eating qb's alive.

MONSTER.

HOU-TEX
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Suh is an absolute beast. Darnell Docket has been my favorite DT, but Suh has already evened up with him as my favorites. The guy plays with an attitude and that is what the Texans have been missing since their inception, IMO. If I was GM and was given the chance, I'd trade Mario, Okoye and OD for Suh in a heartbeat. A man-eating DT will make a huge difference in an average Dline.

bah007
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm just hoping he can stay healthy. Going into the draft, I knew Suh would be better than McCoy...but I never expected him to be better by this much. Who knows, maybe McCoy is a late bloomer and he'll catch up...but right now its looking like the Lions got the best pick in that 1st round.

Everyone knew that Suh was the best player in this draft. The problem was where to draft him and what to pay him (because of the position he plays).

I would have taken him with the #1 pick and never looked back. He is the kind of guy you can build a defense around.

BigBull17
12-07-2010, 02:22 PM
A beast. Should have won the Heisman. Was my number one prior to the draft by a long shot, though so far Bradford has been good.

HOU-TEX
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
A beast. Should have won the Heisman. Was my number one prior to the draft by a long shot, though so far Bradford has been good.

Agreed! It's just another reason why I think the Heisman's now a joke

kiwitexansfan
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I like the nickname Chaos N Suh.

dalemurphy
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Suh is a beast, 49 tackles 8 sacks and 1 INT...he's pretty much a lock for DROY. Add in the factor that he's playing for the Detroit Lions and his stats look that much more appealing. If the Lions can build around Suh on D the guy will be a monster in this league.

He's awesome! He plays all over the D-line. I even saw him lining up like a stand-up MIKE on Sunday. I think he's the best pure football player to come out of the draft in at least 5 years.

drs23
12-07-2010, 07:49 PM
In response to JT's post, the glove is about some video game he's hawking. He's going to sign it, auction it off and the proceeds go to charity. He's not trying to be Michael Jacksonoff.

ensign_lee
12-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Dude is ridiculously good. HOOOOLY crap.

Of course, looking at Bradford, doesn't look like any team could really have gone wrong with either the #1 or #2 pick.

Back to SUh, dude is ridiculous.

Wolf6151
12-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Suh is a beast. The Texans should have traded their entire 2010 draft for the #1 pick and taken Suh. We could have signed a crappy FA CB for less money than we're paying Jackson and had much better results due a much better pass rush.

IDEXAN
12-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Everyone knew that Suh was the best player in this draft. The problem was where to draft him and what to pay him (because of the position he plays).

I would have taken him with the #1 pick and never looked back. He is the kind of guy you can build a defense around.
You seem to imply that DT is not a premium position ? If so, I disagree because after QB it ranks with the other most highly-valued positions
which would be CB, OT & edge-rusher.

gtexan02
12-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Watching him makes me sad. He is a one man wrecking crew. He's the sole reason that team is interesting to watch on defense. 8 sacks already as a DT? Wow

TimeKiller
12-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Suh is a beast. The Texans should have traded their entire 2010 draft for the #1 pick and taken Suh. We could have signed a crappy FA CB for less money than we're paying Jackson and had much better results due a much better pass rush.

I would've done it. Not even kidding and I'm not just saying that in hindsight, I would've done it period. Here's my whole draft, I just want the most surefire DT prospect of all time.

The1ApplePie
12-08-2010, 10:47 AM
You seem to imply that DT is not a premium position ? If so, I disagree because after QB it ranks with the other most highly-valued positions

DT's taken so high have an alarming rate of beings busts.

Look at all the first round DT's taken in the past 10 years and see how many are even still playing.

GuerillaBlack
12-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I would've done it. Not even kidding and I'm not just saying that in hindsight, I would've done it period. Here's my whole draft, I just want the most surefire DT prospect of all time.

Mario and Suh on the same line?

*sits back and smiles at that dream*

Suh is what a lot of people thought Okoye was suppose to become. F Okoye and his lazy ass.

toronto
12-08-2010, 11:58 PM
I knew after watching him personally make Colt McCoy his ***** all game in the Big 12 championship (5.5 sacks LMAO) that he was insane good, and he's proven everyone that he was the best player in the draft.

I pray for his health, because Lion fans deserve him. They've suffered enough.

Kulluminatii
12-09-2010, 01:46 AM
When you have a guy who's name roughly translates to "House of Spears", you know he has to be something special.

http://cdn4.mattters.com/photos/photos/1557359/Ndamukong-Suh-Gerald-McCoy.jpg

In this pic Suh looks like an absolute beast, and McCoy pales in comparison.

beerlover
12-09-2010, 02:13 AM

agree about Heisman but Bradford would & did go #1 because of position. the funny one was some scouts actually thought McCoy was the better tackle, need to bookmark those guys & not listen to a thing they say hereafter.

Texan4Ever
12-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I personally felt that McCoy was overrated and I still can't figure out what the hype behind him was. He wasn't anything special at Oklahoma and his stats can't even begin to compare with Suh. Suh basically took over the defensive line and the entire defense and did his own thing.

In simple words, McCoy was a PART of the defense but Suh WAS the defense. No doubt in my mind, Suh = D ROY.

ChampionTexan
12-09-2010, 09:29 AM

You may disagree, but the folks paying the money are clearly in the camp that it's not in the upper half in terms of value. Here's the order (highest to lowest) of the 2010 franchise tag amounts for all positions:

1. Quarterback
2. Defensive End
3. Offensive Line
4. Linebacker
5. Cornerback
6. Wide Receiver
7. Runningback
8. Defensive Tackle
9. Safety
10. Tight End
11. Punter/Kicker

gtexan02
12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
You may disagree, but the folks paying the money are clearly in the camp that it's not in the upper half in terms of value. Here's the order (highest to lowest) of the 2010 franchise tag amounts for all positions:

1. Quarterback
2. Defensive End
3. Offensive Line
4. Linebacker
5. Cornerback
6. Wide Receiver
7. Runningback
8. Defensive Tackle
9. Safety
10. Tight End
11. Punter/Kicker

Where is this ranking coming from?

You can't get rankings based purely on franchise tag values, as its only the top 5 players at that positon.

Based on total average salaries, DT is the 4th highest paid position in the NFL

The list is as follows:

QB
DE
OL
DT
CB
LB
WR

The rank is a little old, but I can't imagine its changed that much:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/nfl.average.salaries.by.position/content.1.html

ChampionTexan
12-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Where is this ranking coming from?

You can't get rankings based purely on franchise tag values, as its only the top 5 players at that positon.

Based on total average salaries, DT is the 4th highest paid position in the NFL

The list is as follows:

QB
DE
OL
DT
CB
LB
WR

The rank is a little old, but I can't imagine its changed that much:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/nfl.average.salaries.by.position/content.1.html

Yeah, the ranking is coming from the franchise tag values, and yeah, that is only the average of the top five, but considering the question was whether Suh's position should have impacted whether he should have been the #1 overall selection, the top five players at each position is a valid source to use.

Dutchrudder
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I'd be concerned about evaluating salary averages based on position. I think you should consider strictly starting players for the evaluation. Many teams only carry 2-3 QBs, but will likely have 4-5 DTs, CBs, RBs, etc. Chances are the last guys will get paid near the minimum, and there are more of them depending on the position.

HOU-TEX
12-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I still can't believe he was fined for that. This league's really beginning to piss me off.

DexmanC
12-10-2010, 08:53 PM

8 Sacks as an interior lineman? In his Rookie Season? This guy's
the re-incarnation of Warren Sapp. He even scored his 1st touchdown
on his 1st interception while highsteppin' like Deion. THAT'S how you
hit on a 1st round draft pick. Too bad the Frickin' Lions are the ones
that did it. Prior to Schwartz, they were the epitome of bad 1st round
picks. Since then, you have Matt Stafford and Ndamukong Suh.

Not bad at all.

Kulluminatii
12-10-2010, 09:12 PM
8 Sacks as an interior lineman? In his Rookie Season? This guy's
the re-incarnation of Warren Sapp. He even scored his 1st touchdown
on his 1st interception while highsteppin' like Deion. THAT'S how you
hit on a 1st round draft pick. Too bad the Frickin' Lions are the ones
that did it. Prior to Schwartz, they were the epitome of bad 1st round
picks. Since then, you have Matt Stafford and Ndamukong Suh.

Not bad at all.

I'd go as far as to say he'll be better than Sapp.

Now if only they could get an o-line that can protect their franchise QB, they'll pretty much be set on offense. I still believe Stafford is a much better QB than Sanchez, if you switch the two and put Stafford in the Jets you'll see how good he can be with some protection.

Wolf
12-10-2010, 09:20 PM
off the field .. he is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet (so it seems)

on the field.. BEAST

would have been a perfect Texan

BigBull17
12-13-2010, 12:12 PM
agree about Heisman but Bradford would & did go #1 because of position. the funny one was some scouts actually thought McCoy was the better tackle, need to bookmark those guys & not listen to a thing they say hereafter.

Bradford was a good pick, cause QB is most important position in the NFL. Suh was still graded out as my best player in the draft.

TheCD
12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Bradford was a good pick, cause QB is most important position in the NFL. Suh was still graded out as my best player in the draft.

I've been keeping an eye on Bradford, just out of curiosity. The guy has played amazing for a rookie QB, and even though he's lost a couple of games for the team, he's definitely won more than he's lost on his own.

I think Bradford looks like an above-average vet, IMO, right now. I think that as a rookie that's about the best compliment I can give a QB.

stingray
12-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I'd go as far as to say he'll be better than Sapp.

Now if only they could get an o-line that can protect their franchise QB, they'll pretty much be set on offense. I still believe Stafford is a much better QB than Sanchez, if you switch the two and put Stafford in the Jets you'll see how good he can be with some protection.

Stafford not being protected is greatly exaggerated. And everytime he gets hurt, it's during a play where he harldy got touched. The last time he separated his shoulder, he was barely touched and he landed awkardly on his shoulder. I think the guy is just brittle.

Kulluminatii
12-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Stafford not being protected is greatly exaggerated. And everytime he gets hurt, it's during a play where he harldy got touched. The last time he separated his shoulder, he was barely touched and he landed awkardly on his shoulder. I think the guy is just brittle.

I don't think he was fully healed from his previous injury when he was playing in that game. The guy definitely needs to bulk up or something though, he has the talent but if he can't play more than 2 games a season all that talent is wasted.