More to come..

NitroGSXR
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Lucky Bronco fans.

TexanSam
12-06-2010, 05:24 PM
From twitter...

http://twitter.com/mortreport/status/11923339941519360

McDaniels' fired; timing does not surprise some in the NFL. A couple of execs expected it last week. check out Monday Night Coutndown @ 7

Mr. White
12-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Denver East should do the same.

Section516
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
:thinking: Is this the quickest a coach has ruined a franchise?

Rey
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
shocking.

CretorFrigg
12-06-2010, 05:28 PM
:smiliepalm:

Now we have competition for new head coaches. :choke:

Please, Cowher, please.

Kulluminatii
12-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Noooo, wish they would have held onto him for another season. Oh well, thanks Josh for helping out the Raiders in your short time in Denver...you will be missed. :cry2:

dtran04
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Talk about epically ruining a franchise. Traded their best players away and got nothing. Now the next coach gets to pleasure of figuring out what the heck to do with Tebow.

JWarren14
12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Damn, it was probably that Quinn Hillis trade that did it, or the Spygate deal. Or maybe trading Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler.

Rey
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Talk about epically ruining a franchise. Traded their best players away and got nothing. Now the next coach gets to pleasure of figuring out what the heck to do with Tebow.

That's a good point.

McDaniels seemed to be the only one in the NFL that was willing to take him that high...

infantrycak
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Leading candidate to replace him for the talking heads - Gary Kubiak.

LonerATO
The Patriot way/ McDaniels killed that whole franchise and Pat Bowlen's dementia didin't help with the decision making.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-bowlen-memory-loss-090209,0,4563356.story

Rey

That'd be awesome.

CretorFrigg
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Damn, it was probably that Quinn Hillis trade that did it, or the Spygate deal. Or maybe trading Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler.

Josh McDaniels is an epic failure. I bet he's really good at Madden though.

McDaniels traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton and a couple of draft picks. Doesn't sound bad, right? Well, he used one of his first rounders to trade up in order to draft Alphonso Smith, who was traded to Detroit for their current tight end, Dan Gronkowski. Tim Tebow has as much playing time as Steve Slaton right now.

He then traded a sixth round draft pick, a conditional pick in 2012, and Peyton Hillis, an all-pro RB, for Brady Quinn, who is currently a third string QB.

He also traded away Tony Scheffler, a great pass-catching TE that is comparable to Owen Daniels a couple years ago.

I could go on...

TexanSam
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM

Would be awesome if they offered Kubiak the job (and he took it) that way McNair doesn't have to waver on the decision on whether to keep him or not.

The1ApplePie
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Man, that Spread Offense is awesome in the NFL ain't it Josh? (without Brady anyhow). Totally worth blowing your team up for.

Texan4Ever
12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
I can't say I'm surprised after all the Broncos are 3-9 after going 8-8 the season before, although two seasons is not enough time to evaluate his performance IMO. Given the scandals and all, it was probably time to let him go.

Makes me wonder why we're holding on to Gary Kubiak after his back to back 8-8 performances. :thinking:

Mr teX

Lets trade Kubiak for elvis dumerville.

Texan_Bill
Somewhere Peyton Hillis shot a snot rocket!!

drs23
12-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Do we get draft picks????:turtle:

False Start
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1900/kubes2011.jpg

:heh:

Wolf
12-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't say I'm surprised after all the Broncos are 3-9 after going 8-8 the season before, although two seasons is not enough time to evaluate his performance IMO. Given the scandals and all, it was probably time to let him go.

Makes me wonder why we're holding on to Gary Kubiak after his back to back 8-8 performances. :thinking:

I didn't follow them but ..
wow after starting out 6-2 ..they are now 5-17

JB
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I know a lot of you jest, but I can see it happening.

A first round pick and Kubiak is rebuilding in Co.

And Denver needs a first round pick.

rmartin65
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM

I would give them a 6th if they took Kubiak.

Heath Shuler
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
So the Broncos are going to have to pay 3 head coaches next year when there might not be any football; I wish I was a millionaire.

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Ol' Josh traded a 1st rd. pick the next year for a 2nd so he could draft the CB out of Wake or Vandy and then cut him the very next season .

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team

Double Barrel
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I sure like y'all's optimism about Kubiak in Denver. I just don't share it.

drs23
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
So the Broncos are going to have to pay 3 head coaches next year when there might not be any football; I wish I was a Billionaire.

fify

Hardcore Texan
12-06-2010, 06:48 PM

That would be awesome! We can send our scrubs to Denver instead of the opposite!

GuerillaBlack
12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes! Kubiak to Denver please!

Rey
12-06-2010, 07:10 PM

:heh:

My new sig.

Perfect.

NitroGSXR
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
In the end, I was not satisfied with the results and the direction this team was headed.
I am envious of their fans. A take-charge owner.

Pantherstang84
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Denver East should do the same.

But but but there's going to be a lockout. New head coaches will not have time to install their offenses and defenses during the lockout. :sarcasm:

I wonder if they would like to have Kubiak back?

Pantherstang84
12-06-2010, 07:44 PM

We may have to give them draft picks to take him.

texan279
12-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Most everything I am reading on their boards the fans want a defnsive head coach. They are talking about Cowher and Leslie Frazier a lot over there.

J_R
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Sources close to the Broncos told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi that the team is expected to approach former Broncos Super Bowl hero John Elway for a front office position and that if Gary Kubiak were available, then he would be the team's first choice to coach the team next season.

Kubiak, currently the coach of the Houston Texans (http://www.texanstalk.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU) was formerly the Broncos' offensive coordinator for 11 seasons under Mike Shanahan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb2e3b/article/broncos-fire-mcdaniels-name-assistant-studesville-interim-coach?module=HP_cp2

OzzO
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
/\ do it. Do it.

It's like the perfect storm. Kubiak can go play in the hills and rebuild Denver to mediocrity. Elway for front office? Man, it'd be like the good ol days. Wouldn't that be fun for the kids, coach?

Wolf
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM
It was a move that was a long time coming for team owner Patrick Bowlen, but he's going to pay for the impetuous decision to hire McDaniels before the 2009 season. Whenever the Broncos hire their next head coach, they'll be paying three guys -- former head coach Mike Shanahan, McDaniels and whoever replaces McDaniels -- to coach the team in 2011 ... and they'll owe money to McDaniels and replacement in 2012 as well. When Bowlen fired Shanahan after the 2008 season, he still owed him $21 million on the three years remaining in Shanahan's contract, and McDaniels is owed nearly $7 million on his remaining two years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Broncos-fire-head-coach-Josh-McDaniels?urn=nfl-292447

edo783
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
I suspect that McDaniels tried to pull the wool over Pat Bolwlen's eyes and was found out to be much more involved in the spy gate thing and Bowlen chucked him to the curb for incompetency and lying to him.

Mr. White
12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Most everything I am reading on their boards the fans want a defnsive head coach. They are talking about Cowher and Leslie Frazier a lot over there.

My dad lives over there. They still love them some Kubiak.

Most Denver fans think that his departure is the reason why the Broncos went south so quick. MB fans are an altogether different animal than the average fans, though.

Heath Shuler
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Eric Studesville named Broncos’ interim coach

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/06/eric-studesville-will-be-broncos-interim-coach/

Eric Studesville will take over as head coach of the Denver Broncos for the rest of the season after today’s firing of Josh McDaniels.

Studesville is in his first year as the Broncos’ running backs coach. Now he’ll serve as interim head coach for the final four games of 2010.

“I am very appreciative of the trust that Mr. Bowlen and the entire Denver Broncos organization have shown in me,” Studesville said in a statement. “Although the circumstances that this opportunity resulted from are unfortunate, I am excited to lead this football team. We have a great group of players and coaches who are committed to finishing the season on a promising note and making our fans proud of this team.”

Prior to arriving in Denver this year, Studesville spent six seasons coaching the running backs in Buffalo and three years coaching the running backs with the Giants.

Studesville has also served as a quality control coach with the Bears and been an assistant at several colleges. This is his first head-coaching position.

Blake
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
People in the NFL sure cant seem to keep their word, or tell the truth.

Mere days after making a statement that McDaniels job was safe for 2011, he fires the dude? Par for the course actually.

Vinnie
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM

Give me a shot!

http://a.espncdn.com/media/nfl/2006/0122/photo/g_kubiak_195.jpg

Lucky
12-06-2010, 10:50 PM

Please make this happen...

http://dartmouth.org/classes/44/44BB/images/boy_dog_praying.jpg

TheMatrix31
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Josh McDaniels....now there's a coach who's had REAL transgressions. ****in' worthless guy. Should have never been hired to begin with. See ya, McHoody.

houstonspartan
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Mere days after making a statement that McDaniels job was safe for 2011, he fires the dude? Par for the course actually.

This is why, when everyone was panicking at Bob McNair's endorsement of Kubiak a few weeks back, I was laughing. Endorsements mean nothing. Even Jerry Jones admitted that he was in denial about Wade.

BullNation4Life
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I read on the ESPN crawl that the Broncos owner said McDainels could come back next season. WTF is that all about. Does that mean back to the Broncos or to coaching in general?

stingray
12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
I read on the ESPN crawl that the Broncos owner said McDainels could come back next season. WTF is that all about. Does that mean back to the Broncos or to coaching in general?

There is no way in hell that guy will be a head coach next year. I think they meant in any coaching capacity.

houstonspartan
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Spygate II = Fired for cause.

This guy will be lucky if he gets another dime out of Bowlen.

Texan4Ever
12-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Has ANY Bill Billicheik diciple succeeded as a head coach??? I'm thinking no.

houstonspartan
12-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Has ANY Bill Billicheik diciple succeeded as a head coach??? I'm thinking no.

Nope.

I told someone earlier that the problem in the NFL right now is that there are too many "Little Bilichek's" running around. And owners are so blinded by his assistants that they don't do their dilligence when hiring.

Malloy
12-07-2010, 02:57 AM

He should have said that his PAY was safe :)

TimeKiller
12-07-2010, 08:05 AM
I bet Papa Shanahan ends up back there.....word is....Washington Redskins suck. Real Bad.

McD didn't deserve the job in the first place and certainly didn't do anything to keep it. Denver really wants Kubiak like that huh? I bet he goes back and wins 2 more rings.....

NitroGSXR
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Nope.

I told someone earlier that the problem in the NFL right now is that there are too many "Little Bilichek's" running around. And owners are so blinded by his assistants that they don't do their dilligence when hiring.

This right here is also the Texan's problem except that we hired little Shanahans. Getting by with knockoffs just isn't feastible. 100% authentic is the only way to go. Albeit authentic comes at a premium. Will Bob McNair nibble? My magic 8 ball says... not likely.

Mr teX
12-07-2010, 08:23 AM
They'll take Kubiak back, Bowlen makes sure that he has no say in bringing in the personnel & hires him a competent D. coordinator & i bet he'd flourish over there.

It's basically what needs to happen over here, he's just worn out his welcome.

Mr teX
12-07-2010, 08:25 AM
This right here is also the Texan's problem except that we hired little Shanahans. Getting by with knockoffs just isn't feastible. 100% authentic is the only way to go. Albeit authentic comes at a premium. Will Bob McNair nibble? My magic 8 ball says... not likely.

But the "authentic" shanahan is garbage so...it's looking more & more like great qb's make head coaches in this league.

houstonspartan
12-07-2010, 09:31 AM

lol. Funny you said that, because right after I wrote that, I was thinking: "There are too many little Shanahan's running around, too."

DX-TEX
12-07-2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb2e3b/article/broncos-fire-mcdaniels-name-assistant-studesville-interim-coach?module=HP_headlines

Sources close to the Broncos told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi that the team is expected to approach former Broncos Super Bowl hero John Elway for a front-office position and that if Gary Kubiak were available, he would be the team's first choice to coach the team next season.

Kubiak, the coach of the Houston Texans, was the Broncos' offensive coordinator for 11 seasons under Mike Shanahan.

There ya go Bob! No guilt for terminating the mans employment, he will be hired right away. Throw in Rick Smith for good measure.:cow:

HuttoKarl
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Can we trade Kubiak for a first or second round pick?

IDEXAN
12-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Maybe we should settle for a future year 6th or 7th ?

Rey
12-07-2010, 09:59 AM
the stars are aligning

GuerillaBlack
12-07-2010, 09:59 AM

I think Josh McDaniels traded away all of their picks. This is good news though. Maybe it helps McNair a little more in making the decision to fire Kubiak.

stingray
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I would give up a fourth rounder right now to the Broncos to take Kubiak.

Yankee_In_TX
12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow - their owner is crazy.

Dutchrudder
12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Why would you fire Kubiak when you could trade him and his coaching staff in the offseason? If Uncle Bob wants to save some money, trade Kubiak and some of the staff for a 7th rounder so you don't have to pay their salary for the next 2 years.

HuttoKarl
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
:thinking: Is this the quickest a coach has ruined a franchise?

Get rid of best RB. Check.

Get rid of best WR. Check.

Get rid of best QB. Check.

mattieuk
12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Get rid of best RB. Check.

Get rid of best WR. Check.

Get rid of best QB. Check.

But! But! They've got Tebow!

JWarren14
12-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Pretty much sums it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt2_C9wLNjU&feature=player_embedded

HoustonFrog
12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Just read on ESPN Insider that another possibility is Kubes gets fired and then Denver hires Troy Calhoun and makes Kubes the OC

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

EDIT: New updates indicate Calhoun took his name off the list....according to Denver Post

nero THE zero
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Just read on ESPN Insider that another possibility is Kubes gets fired and then Denver hires Troy Calhoun and makes Kubes the OC

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

EDIT: New updates indicate Calhoun took his name off the list....according to Denver Post

Wouldn't that be ironic. LaCaforna is also reporting Calhoun is not interested, though.

GP
12-07-2010, 01:13 PM
No way would McNair trade Kubiak. It's not in Bob's DNA to do that, and certainly not for a 7th-round pick. That would be a humiliating experience for Gary Kubiak, along the same lines as the minor league baseball player who was traded for nothing more than a few basbeball bats...then the dude ends up killing himself over the embarassment of the deal. Not that Kubes would off himself, since he would load the gun but would forget how to use it... :rimshot: ...but moreso because McNair would not do that to any of his coaches.

So everyone can forget the idea of trading Kubiak to avoid having to pay him. The Broncos would do that deal yesterday, which brings me to this point:

McNair certainly would not let Kubiak go after this season, simply because he wouldn't want Kubiak to go to Denver and flourish there (while further embarrassing this franchise). Remember: It's been kicked around here quite a bit as to the idea that the only reason Kubiak was signed to an extension was to more or less take out some "insurance" in case our team DID win a title and then we got our guy under extended contract.

The moves are about the dollar signs, folks. Stability, dependability, comfortability, and just a general lack of risk that might reap a bad reward.

The only way Kubiak leaves here, and heads for Denver, is if he (a) works out a deal with McNair to release him, or (b) Kubiak decides to really crash this team on purpose, killing it off and doing everything he can to get fired.

IMO, we'll see if he can get it done. If things get radically worse, especially with the vibe and mood of the players, and if Kubiak can find a way to derail this team so badly that our final games are lopsided blowouts, I think he can get it done.

Otherwise, there's a very very slim chance of McNair working hand-in-hand with Kubiak to get the Texans to release him so he can go coach another AFC team. And I don't see Kubiak just quitting. If he does indeed pull a "Aww shucks, I failed and I need to take the high road and quit for the betterment of the team" routine then we have our answer.

So there's three ways this ends up:

1. Kubiak tanking so hard, on purpose, that he gets fired

2. McNair being the kind and generous grandfather who allows Kubiak to leave early and seek other opportunities. I think this one is a possibility only if Kubiak finds a way to relinquish lots of contract dollars due to getting a contract with the Broncos. It's possible. Another variable in this equation has to be that McNair might already have a strong candidate and wants to move on it quickly.

3. Kubiak quits at the end of the season, throwing a huge press conference and giving the best acting performance of 2011 when he claims he's just getting out of the way so the Texans can move on to better days. LOL. I can seriously see the guy doing that...then, two weeks or a month later he's the Denver head coach. Shocker! LOL.

I hope he leaves. Just go away already. Thanks for the memories. Blah blah blah.

GP
12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
ESPN Insider teaser headline says Mike Leach a possible head coaching candidate for the Broncos.

Very interesting.

Bowlen better get the stadium's mechanical closets cleaned out and ready for occupancy. LOL.

Man, it would just be soooo rich if Leach goes to a team and turns them around and makes them winners. Just to stick it to TTU.

BigBull17
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Josh McDaniels is an epic failure. I bet he's really good at Madden though.

McDaniels traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton and a couple of draft picks. Doesn't sound bad, right? Well, he used one of his first rounders to trade up in order to draft Alphonso Smith, who was traded to Detroit for their current tight end, Dan Gronkowski. Tim Tebow has as much playing time as Steve Slaton right now.

He then traded a sixth round draft pick, a conditional pick in 2012, and Peyton Hillis, an all-pro RB, for Brady Quinn, who is currently a third string QB.

He also traded away Tony Scheffler, a great pass-catching TE that is comparable to Owen Daniels a couple years ago.

I could go on...

Traded a TE to Detroit, then realized he needed a TE and traded a CB TO Detroit for a shittier TE...Awesome. Marshal is a *****, so whatever.

houstonspartan
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Wow, Bronco fans apparently are really willing to bring in Kubiak as head coach. They also want John Elway as GM/President. That's...interesting. Personally, they can have Kubiak. I'll even pitch in for his airfare.

But, I hope Bronco fans aren't getting caught up nostalgia. That's the problem Shanahan eventually ran into in Denver, and Kubiak is running into here: They want to re-capture those back-to-back Super Bowls. Problem is, they had John Elway as a QB, and defensive linemen have gotten bigger since then.

It's possible Kubiak may have learned his lessons and will bring in a defensive expert, but I doubt it. Most likely, he'll go to Denver and hire ALL of his former Bronco teammates and continue running in place, not getting anywhere.

That's fine. As long as he leaves Houston.

texanhead08
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
If they want him we will pay for his plane ticket there too.