PDA

View Full Version : Another "BUSHISM"

CloakNNNdagger
12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Maybe the final coaching one for me. ND Kalu this morning on 610 just revealed that on the play that Antonio Smith was called for the costly off sides penalty prior to the "Hail Mary" pass, Bush instructed Smith to "Let it all hang out........I don't care if you're called off sides!"

Ole Miss Texan
12-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Maybe the final coaching one for me. ND Kalu this morning on 610 just revealed that on the play that Antonio Smith was called for the off sides penalty prior to the "Hail Mary" pass, Bush instructed Smith to "Let it all hang out........I don't care if you're call off sides!"

"But you know coach, that's a penalty and they would get another chance."

:rake:

CloakNNNdagger
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Mods, please move to Texans Talk

Surreal McCoy
12-06-2010, 04:21 PM
ND Kalu this morning on 610 just revealed that on the play that Antonio Smith was called for the costly off sides penalty prior to the "Hail Mary" pass, Bush instructed Smith to "Let it all hang out........I don't care if you're called off sides!"

Except it was prefaced with "Do you think Bush said..." which mean the opposite of what you said.

CloakNNNdagger
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Except it was prefaced with "Do you think Bush said..." which mean the opposite of what you said.

That's not the way I heard it. And he follow that comment up with "It's the coaching."

Surreal McCoy
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
That's not the way I heard it. And he follow that comment up with "It's the coaching."

He was talking about how Jason Allen and Wilson didn't do what they were coached to do on the 2nd to last play in the Jets winning drive and how Smith obviously wasn't coached to take a risk in trying and jump the snap against J'Ville, which led to his quote. He was saying the exact opposite of what you are saying - the players need to share equally the blame.

JB
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
He was talking about how Jason Allen and Wilson didn't do what they were coached to do on the 2nd to last play in the Jets winning drive and how Smith obviously wasn't coached to take a risk in trying and jump the snap against J'Ville, which led to his quote. He was saying the exact opposite of what you are saying - the players need to share equally the blame.

Absolutely the players have to take their share of the blame.

The coaches are supposed to put them in a postition to make plays... which has not happened near enough.

The players are supposed to make plays... which has not happened near enough.

DoCRoN
12-06-2010, 09:27 PM

^^^^^^THIS

This was the exact context of that portion of the segment. ND was responding that, sure, coaching is a problem. But also the players are to blame. ND said something to the effect of:

"Do you think that the DBs are coached to let a receiver get behind them 40 yds downfield while ahead with less than a minute to play?" (referencing the Jets game)

"Do you think Frank Bush told Antonio Smith to 'let it all hang out' and not worry about being offsides?" (referencing the offsides penatly that allowed the Jags to be close enough to allow Garrard to attempt the hail mary)

TheIronDuke
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Ew, why would you listen to 610 anyway?

CloakNNNdagger
12-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I had just tuned into 610 when this came on. If I missed the beginning of the sentence, I sincerely apologize to all of you for beginning this thread.

DoCRoN
12-06-2010, 11:34 PM

Lesser of 2 evils (at times). Matt Jackson is just too damn annoying for me on a regular/continuous basis.

SouthSideTexan
12-07-2010, 05:48 AM

Matt and Adam are sophomoric and annoying. It's like listening to a show run by high schoolers. Houston sports radio stinks until the afternoon.

DoCRoN
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Houston sports radio stinks until the afternoon.

Just curious, who's your afternoon favs?