PDA

View Full Version : Richard Justice Defends Frank Bush

IDEXAN
12-04-2010, 07:33 AM
The Texans had a really good defensive game plan. Got all kinds of pressure on Mike Vick. Sent him to the sidelines limping multiple times. But Vick made some extraordinary plays, and sometimes you have to give the other guy credit for just being really good.
If the Texans play defense at this tempo the rest of the year, if they're this active at the line of scrimmage and if they bring these same blitz packages to the table, it's going to be tough for me to fire Frank Bush.

Yes, there were missed tackles all over the place, and there were some guys who were wide open. Are those breakdowns because Frank Bush failed to put people in the right spots, or because the Texans are throwing a lot of young guys out there and letting them grow on the job?
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2010/12/texans_were_in.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fsportsjust ice+%28SportsJustice%29
%%
I get a kick out of how Houston Chronicle writer Justice baits you guys, and then you go all nuts about what a jerk he is and how he dosen't know what he's talking about. Well here's another story that he wrote that should send your BP up a few clicks, since half the people in Houston want to blame the DC (the other half the HC), for the Texans problems. They got rid of the last DC, and how's that working out ? Right, the defense is still screwed-up.

Maddict5
12-04-2010, 07:45 AM
all il say in bush's defence is that he showed last year he can co-ordinate a successful D if everybody plays competently for the most part.. something which hasnt really happened this year for long stretches especially in the secondary. whether he deserves to be fired for the players playing this way is another issue

beerlover
12-04-2010, 07:53 AM
good luck with that one :barman:

CloakNNNdagger
12-04-2010, 08:07 AM
I get it. STUFF runs downhill. The peons are the only ones to blame. The higher ups take no accountability. Sounds like a questionably structured organization............sounds like the Texans.:kitten:

b0ng
12-04-2010, 08:13 AM
The title of that article should just be "Yet Another Good Reason Not To Read Richard Justice", although I'm not particularly sure of the contents outside of the first post in this thread.

Kaiser Toro
12-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Looks like another member got baited by Justice again.:kubepalm:

Hardcore Texan
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
The Texans had a really good defensive game plan. Got all kinds of pressure on Mike Vick. Sent him to the sidelines limping multiple times. But Vick made some extraordinary plays, and sometimes you have to give the other guy credit for just being really good.
If the Texans play defense at this tempo the rest of the year, if they're this active at the line of scrimmage and if they bring these same blitz packages to the table, it's going to be tough for me to fire Frank Bush.

Yes, there were missed tackles all over the place, and there were some guys who were wide open. Are those breakdowns because Frank Bush failed to put people in the right spots, or because the Texans are throwing a lot of young guys out there and letting them grow on the job?
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2010/12/texans_were_in.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fsportsjust ice+%28SportsJustice%29
%%
I get a kick out of how Houston Chronicle writer Justice baits you guys, and then you go all nuts about what a jerk he is and how he dosen't know what he's talking about. Well here's another story that he wrote that should send your BP up a few clicks, since half the people in Houston want to blame the DC (the other half the HC), for the Texans problems. They got rid of the last DC, and how's that working out ? Right, the defense is still screwed-up.

Wow, this is how you get your jollies....real nice. Since you know everything but aren't willing to tell us, what is the problem then?

If it ain't the entire coaching staff I don't know what it is.

IDEXAN
12-04-2010, 08:52 AM
"Do you want to revisit the Dunta Robinson decision? I don't think it was Rick Smith's finest hour. I think he should have been on the phone everyday trying to bridge the gap, trying to see if a deal could be done that satisfied both parties. But he did offer Dunta Robinson $23 million guaranteed, and he probably felt he did as much as he should have done."
&&
OK some of you may think the D-Rob/GM-Smith feud comes under the heading of "beating a dead horse", buts it's hard to deny the significant role that the Texans very inexperienced and very young secondary has played in the teams defensive failures this year is it ?
Afterall Frank Bush may have passionately lobbied for the retention of D-Rob because he was the only DBack, certainly the only corner-back, who had any real gravitas and Bush may have felt Robinsons return for atleast one more year was essential to the Dbackfield working ? But as we know the outspoken Dunta had already alientated the the people in charge all the way up the organizational chart. But was that Bushs fault ? I don't think so.

Hardcore Texan
12-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Worst defense in NFL history......anyone, bueller?

Houston_Fanatic
12-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Just because Frank Bush was not able to fix the problems Richard Smith left behind does not mean it is on the players. It could also mean we have two coaches in a row who aren't competant in what they are doing. Was Arizona known for its tough defense?

Now if we get a DC in here with a sound reputation for building tough defenses and he fails then you need to look elsewehere, but until then "It's on him".

Houston_Fanatic
12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If you think your DC can't make a difference just look at what DeRuyter did for the Aggies in one year. He got them playing together as one unit - as a TEAM.

Our guys look lost and confused out there. Losing Barwin and Demeco really hurt our defense but we shoudln't be last in the league.

Mr. Texan
12-04-2010, 09:36 AM
it wasn't the players fault they played 20 yards off receivers on a goal line defensive stand vs. the jets :kitten:

ThaShark316
12-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I love how everyone yells for D-Rob...

This son of a ***** got ROASTED in the 2nd half of the season last year.

Made ATL's pass D great huh? 27th in the got damn league. Stop talking about this dude like he was Revis or Nnamdi. Hell, he's not even a Quentin Jammer.

Yankee_In_TX
12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
i get a kick out of how houston chronicle writer justice baits you guys, and then you go all nuts about what a jerk he is and how he dosen't know what he's talking about. Well here's another story that he wrote that should send your bp up a few clicks, since half the people in houston want to blame the dc (the other half the hc), for the texans problems. They got rid of the last dc, and how's that working out ? Right, the defense is still screwed-up.

lol

b0ng
12-04-2010, 10:56 AM

Made ATL's pass D great huh? 27th in the got damn league. Stop talking about this dude like he was Revis or Nnamdi. Hell, he's not even a Quentin Jammer.

This right here. Robinson is completely overpaid in atlanta and he has been just as mediocre as he was here. He is not the reason we are so terrible in the secondary. Now cutting Reeves and Bennett (keep at least one of them for christ sakes) for no good reason at all is having much more impact than losing Robinson (Which does have an impact).

Getting rid of Robinson was right because he wanted 10 a year. Getting rid of Reeves (and to a lesser extent Bennett) even though they were making less than half that just seems really silly.

Dutchrudder
12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
This article is disappointing on so many levels, but mostly in the author's reply to some of the comments. I've never read Richard Justice's work before, but I know that one of the best ways to lose readership is to attack the readers of your work. Check out some of these posts/replies, it's truly amazing to me that a paper like the Chronicle does not tell him to delete the inflammatory comments as opposed to sinking to their level. Oh and the UT/UH slight in the second is just icing on the cake. What a tool, I'm sorry I gave this guy's page a hit.

Comment by Richard Coward:
2007, 2008, 2009, and now 2010: After 12 games, the Texans' record has been 5-7. Stagnation does not a great coach make. Supporting these guys after this point reeks of homerism. But, you never have been one to be accused of objectivity. Have you?

[You're probably not aware that the players and schedule change every single year. Dang, you people who watch a lot of Fox News just miss so much. Hey did you hear that Sarah Palin will be able to see the World Cup from her front porch? I stole that one from Andy Borowitz. In a week or two, I'll claim it as my own. However, you make some excellent points. I'm not objective. Have never pretended to be. Homer? Yep, I'm that, too. I root for the local teams. Let's just put our cards on the table. And I'm not objective about Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith and Frank Bush. Like all three of 'em a lot, and if you think it's easy for me to write that they should be fired, it's going to be tough. I'll do it if I have to, but I won't like it. Right now, I ain't firing no-bod-ee.--Richard]

Comment by Logical:
Hey Richard, if you were in any other city, lets say...NEW YORK, and wrote this article after this many losses and they way they lost, you would be draggedt hrough the city by your feet. This is the problem with Houston, the fans accept medicority and so do the journalist. And worst yet, we flip flop from game to game.

[I can only give you my opinion, and if someone thinks my opinion is worthy of assaulting me, that would be pretty disappointing. There was this one time I thought Jeff Kent was going to pop me. OK, there were two times. Wilber Marshall walked by once and gave me the throat slashing motion. The Redskins special teams coach was standing next to me at the time and said, ''I hope that was for you and not me.'' Gary Clark got so mad at me once he was shaking with anger. Two PR guys were standing between us, but as one said later, ''If he'd wanted to kill you, there was nothing we could have done.'' I've been threatened a couple of times by college fans. One UH guy said he waited tables at a place where I eat and that he might do something to my food. I thought that was the perfect metaphor for UH. What does a UT grad say to a UH grad? Hey, boy, can I get some cheese on these taters?
Speaking of New York, I'll be doing MLB Network's Hot Stove show from the big city next Thursday and Friday. Please tune in and ask your friends to tune in, too. McClain and I went to Pat's for lunch on Thursday, and the guy behind the counter recognized The General from the NFL Network. I was like, ''Uh, what about me? I'm famous too!'' I felt three inches tall the rest of the day. Damn near killed me.--Richard]

houstonspartan
12-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Guys, guys, guys. Don't let Richard Justice get you all riled up.

Most of his blog posts and columns are written as link bait. Over at the Chron, they track whose blogs get the most hits and the most comments. Justice starts a fire and gets people riled up just to draw people to his blog.

The problem is, he doesn't realize that, in the big picture, he's ruining his credibility as a sports writer. This is the worst defense in the history of the NFL, and he's saying it isn't that bad. That is going to bite him in the ass.

Jerome Solomon started a couple of his blog posts with "I'm not one to start a fire and run like other writers..." It was a clear shot at Justice. Don't take anything he says seriously.

IDEXAN
12-04-2010, 12:29 PM
This right here. Robinson is completely overpaid in atlanta and he has been just as mediocre as he was here. He is not the reason we are so terrible in the secondary. Now cutting Reeves and Bennett (keep at least one of them for christ sakes) for no good reason at all is having much more impact than losing Robinson (Which does have an impact).

Getting rid of Robinson was right because he wanted 10 a year. Getting rid of Reeves (and to a lesser extent Bennett) even though they were making less than half that just seems really silly.
I think you're making Justuce's point for him, because he's not necessarily saying the departure of Dunta is why we have such a mess in the D backfield and therefor serious problems on the defense, which has more to do with inadequate personnel and not whoever the DC is. Maybe the departure of Reeves/Bennett is the biggest problem in the secondary ? The point is it's not the DCs fault if he's left with inferior players to prepare and compete against the NFLs best offenses, is it ?
To my understanding there's only 2 players on the D that are here in large part because of Bushs input and influence - Antonio Smith, who he lobbied strongly for since he coached him in Arizona and Brian Cushing, who reportedly Bush felt could add a physicality to the D that hasn't been present. Re Smith, I would say he's arguably our most consistant DLineman, maybe our most consistant defensive player overall this year, and Cushing generally is considered to be a valuable addition though he's certainly hit some rough patchs in his Texans/NFL career this year.

TimeKiller
12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
At least Richard Smith had ****ty players. Name one player from this defense that is worse than the equivalent in RS's defenses?

You want to call Shaun Cody/Travis Johnson a draw? Fine.
Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Weaver
Cushing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Greenwood
Pollard/Wilson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demps, C.C. Brown, Glenn Earl

but the results are the same. Suck, on an epic level.

Mr. White
12-04-2010, 02:24 PM

%%

There's only one other poster that ever admitted to getting a kick out of RJ and his writing style. Come to think of it, your posts look identical to his.

I'm starting to think this isn't your first time around on this board.

burro
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
lol @ Justice. The only man at the chronicle who may be more of a goober than the fat man himself.

b0ng
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I think you're making Justuce's point for him, because he's not necessarily saying the departure of Dunta is why we have such a mess in the D backfield and therefor serious problems on the defense, which has more to do with inadequate personnel and not whoever the DC is. Maybe the departure of Reeves/Bennett is the biggest problem in the secondary ? The point is it's not the DCs fault if he's left with inferior players to prepare and compete against the NFLs best offenses, is it ?
To my understanding there's only 2 players on the D that are here in large part because of Bushs input and influence - Antonio Smith, who he lobbied strongly for since he coached him in Arizona and Brian Cushing, who reportedly Bush felt could add a physicality to the D that hasn't been present. Re Smith, I would say he's arguably our most consistant DLineman, maybe our most consistant defensive player overall this year, and Cushing generally is considered to be a valuable addition though he's certainly hit some rough patchs in his Texans/NFL career this year.

Again I didn't read the article. But here's my take on what you said, RE: Personnel Issues

I believe there is enough core talent on the defense that you can bring in a DC who can make up a scheme around Smith, Williams/Ryans,Cushing/Whatever dirt turkeys they believe will be the best and come up with something better than what we have right now. I swear, it looks like Frank Bush has stolen a big portion of Smith's old playbook: "Always give opposing receivers 5 - 10 yards of cushion no matter the situation".

The scheme looks completely uncreative and overmatched more often than not in his sterling career. My reactions to frank Bush from the start of his career onward with the Texans:

Oh my god what the **** are they doing
OK better I guess?
wtf
Okay well at least you can stop the run, kinda?
Okay this offseason is gonna be great
Oh god
Okay so we have to win ever game by 35 points
Haha Rusty Smith
:kubepalm:

Seriously. The defense has been pretty horrible for like 5 years straight now, and co-ordinators are replaceable. If they replaced Frank Bush right now I don't see why anybody would shed a tear. If that is Richard Justice's point with the article then I completely back him up. I somehow doubt that's the case.

EDIT: I'm saying you can turn around a defense in one ****ing offseason I've seen it done many times. There's absolutely no reason Frank Bush should have any input on the team once the season is over if they're going to wait that long. But get somebody new in that spot that is not internal for the love of god.

phantom17
12-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Talk to da palm!:kubepalm:

buddyboy
12-04-2010, 07:37 PM
At least Richard Smith had ****ty players. Name one player from this defense that is worse than the equivalent in RS's defenses?

You want to call Shaun Cody/Travis Johnson a draw? Fine.
Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Weaver
Cushing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Greenwood
Pollard/Wilson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demps, C.C. Brown, Glenn Earl

but the results are the same. Suck, on an epic level.

Honestly, I was thinking about it the other day and...

DeMeco Ryans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> just about any stop gap we throw out there.

Sure, he hasn't been the dominant force he was his first couple years (in my opinion), but I was thinking: am I disregarding the loss of DeMeco a bit too much? Maybe DeMeco really IS that important to the defense.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think if DeMeco WAS here he'd fix all our defensive woes. But imagine: what if DeMeco was here and helped solidify our run defense? Suddenly, the kiddie corners don't have to worry about it so much and can focus on doing their job rather than coming up to help so much. Suddenly, rather than setting the edge, Mario can get up the field and cause some havoc, which consequentally, forces some more bad throws?

Plus, Mario's been fighting a sport hernia apparently. And Demps played well for us...for one year at least.

I get it. STUFF runs downhill. The peons are the only ones to blame. The higher ups take no accountability. Sounds like a questionably structured organization............sounds like the Texans.:kitten:

This goes both ways: it's easier to demand a change in coaching because that's a single personnel change that has potential to change a lot. But where do the PLAYERS take accountability?

You say the peons are to blame, well, after two DCs, the result is the same. Who's to say it's NOT the peons?

Where does blaming the higher ups end and when does blaming the players begin?

To be honest, they're both at blame. The scheme has been spotty at times, but the players haven't really been bringing their A game either.

thunderkyss
12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Worst defense in NFL history......anyone, bueller?

Who are the 2010 Washington Redskins?

Patriots.......31
Seahawks...30
Cardinals.....29
Texans........28
Broncos......27
Bills.............26

Not that it makes it better. For instance, the Patriots have a worse defense than we do, yet they've managed a 9-2 record, beating teams like Baltimore, San Diego, & Pittsburgh.

thunderkyss
12-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Just because Frank Bush was not able to fix the problems Richard Smith left behind does not mean it is on the players. It could also mean we have two coaches in a row who aren't competant in what they are doing. Was Arizona known for its tough defense?

Now if we get a DC in here with a sound reputation for building tough defenses and he fails then you need to look elsewehere, but until then "It's on him".

Check last year's stats.

We were 13th in total defense. Now, we're 28th.

Can't blame that on Richard Smith.

ObsiWan
12-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Check last year's stats.

The key players are still here though. DeMeco, Cushing, Williams, Pollard...

When DO we start demanding their heads?

thunderkyss
12-04-2010, 08:34 PM
The key players are still here though. DeMeco, Cushing, Williams, Pollard...

When DO we start demanding their heads?

Demand what you will.

Just saying, can't blame Richard Smith.

Houston_Fanatic
12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Check last year's stats.

huh? You are comparing last year's stats to this year - both under Frank Bush - and saying you can't blame Richard Smith? Sorry - don't understand your logic.

As for dropping from 13th to 28th - I just think we are being exposed more because we are playing a tougher schedule this year. We started out at the bottom of the league last year also under Frank Bush.

Houston_Fanatic
12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
I also think that losing Barwin and Demeco has hurt our defense and now it looks like my suspicions about Cushing are probably true....... so I don't put ALL the blame on Bush, but I think he has done a poor job overall getting his guys prepared and its time to move on.

gary
12-04-2010, 11:29 PM
People still read this duche that is all I am going to say.:kubepalm:

BullNation4Life
12-05-2010, 01:44 AM

:eek: ouch! true, defiantly true but ouch....

IDEXAN
12-05-2010, 08:32 AM
There's only one other poster that ever admitted to getting a kick out of RJ and his writing style. Come to think of it, your posts look identical to his.

Mr White if you really believe that this Justice guy means what he says, then I think at 38 you're still gonna be lookin for that big, fat, ho-ho guy in the red costume to come down your chimney in a few weeks, and you honestly think pro-wrestling is legit, etc.
He's a put-on, a tease, he's just toying with his readers. I've seen some of his stories, blogs where he takes a side of an issue, then takes the exact opposite side a week later in another blog/story. He's just trying to agitate, and it looks like it's working with many of his readers ?

IDEXAN
12-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Again I didn't read the article. But here's my take on what you said, RE: Personnel Issues

I believe there is enough core talent on the defense that you can bring in a DC who can make up a scheme around Smith, Williams/Ryans,Cushing/Whatever dirt turkeys they believe will be the best and come up with something better than what we have right now. I swear, it looks like Frank Bush has stolen a big portion of Smith's old playbook: "Always give opposing receivers 5 - 10 yards of cushion no matter the situation".

The scheme looks completely uncreative and overmatched more often than not in his sterling career. My reactions to frank Bush from the start of his career onward with the Texans:

Oh my god what the **** are they doing
OK better I guess?
wtf
Okay well at least you can stop the run, kinda?
Okay this offseason is gonna be great
Oh god
Okay so we have to win ever game by 35 points
Haha Rusty Smith
:kubepalm:

Seriously. The defense has been pretty horrible for like 5 years straight now, and co-ordinators are replaceable. If they replaced Frank Bush right now I don't see why anybody would shed a tear. If that is Richard Justice's point with the article then I completely back him up. I somehow doubt that's the case.

EDIT: I'm saying you can turn around a defense in one ****ing offseason I've seen it done many times. There's absolutely no reason Frank Bush should have any input on the team once the season is over if they're going to wait that long. But get somebody new in that spot that is not internal for the love of god.
Here's my prediction: they fire Frank Bush because they need a scapegoat for the Ds disappointing performance this year, bring in another DC, but also
add as many as 4 or 5 new starters on defense thru the Draft and FA. And if the players they bring get the D turned around, then the new DC will get full credit, otherwise we'll be back to looking for a new DC. No make that a new HC, because I really think Kubiak gets another year, but that's it.

b0ng
12-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Here's my prediction: they fire Frank Bush because they need a scapegoat for the Ds disappointing performance this year, bring in another DC, but also
add as many as 4 or 5 new starters on defense thru the Draft and FA. And if the players they bring get the D turned around, then the new DC will get full credit, otherwise we'll be back to looking for a new DC. No make that a new HC, because I really think Kubiak gets another year, but that's it.

Agreed. I think a lot of people will want Kubiak gone after this year, but I see that being the most likely outcome.

Mr. White
12-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Mr White if you really believe that this Justice guy means what he says, then I think at 38 you're still gonna be lookin for that big, fat, ho-ho guy in the red costume to come down your chimney in a few weeks, and you honestly think pro-wrestling is legit, etc.
He's a put-on, a tease, he's just toying with his readers. I've seen some of his stories, blogs where he takes a side of an issue, then takes the exact opposite side a week later in another blog/story. He's just trying to agitate, and it looks like it's working with many of his readers ?

Funny that's what you read into my post. Nice diversionary tactic.

I'm just saying you remind me of another poster that hasn't been here in a while. Your posts look exactly like his and your takes are exactly the same. You guys even use the same terminology. For a guy that hasn't been here very long, you seem pretty familiar with the place, too.

Not that I'm saying that you're the same guy.....

There's absolutely no good reason why a guy would be on this board for as long as he has and then show up again a few months later with an altogether different identity.

Joe Texan
12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Richard Justice is a tool, He failed to mention the cover two during the last 45 seconds of the jets game or the ability to teach volley ball to the secondary.
one day he hates the Texans and next he wants to suck his readers into his giant web of What can I say to get under thier skins. He is a shock Jockey and will say anything to sell his peice.

beerlover
12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Richard Justice is a tool, He failed to mention the cover two during the last 45 seconds of the jets game or the ability to teach volley ball to the secondary.
one day he hates the Texans and next he wants to suck his readers into his giant web of What can I say to get under thier skins. He is a shock Jockey and will say anything to sell his peice.

Richard Justice is a contrarian who relishes going against mass opinion because he is trying to draw attention to his work/himself :whip:

Surreal McCoy
12-05-2010, 01:04 PM

Nice job attacking the poster. And here you were spouting about being all football talk? lol Really, you couldn't make it up.

Now back to the regularly scheduled circle jerk...

Mr. White
12-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice job attacking the poster. And here you were spouting about being all football talk? lol Really, you couldn't make it up.

Now back to the regularly scheduled circle jerk...

Not an attack at all. Just an observation.

The fact that it offends you so much makes me think you probably have an old username laying around yourself.

BTW, do you ever have anything to say besides "this board sucks?"

houstonspartan
12-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Richard Justice is a contrarian who relishes going against mass opinion because he is trying to draw attention to his work/himself :whip:

That's exactly it. He doesn't believe half of what he writes.

IDEXAN
12-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Funny that's what you read into my post. Nice diversionary tactic.

I'm just saying you remind me of another poster that hasn't been here in a while. Your posts look exactly like his and your takes are exactly the same. You guys even use the same terminology. For a guy that hasn't been here very long, you seem pretty familiar with the place, too.

Not that I'm saying that you're the same guy.....

There's absolutely no good reason why a guy would be on this board for as long as he has and then show up again a few months later with an altogether different identity.

You know you're just too smart for me Mr. White, seeing thru my diversionary tactic and all like you did.
So you're on to us, that is me and my identical twin brother down state
93 in Arco. We're the big Justice fans for sure.
But since you mentioned all this, you know I've been suspicious that you're really that Vinny guy that everybody talks about ? Can you confirm or deny that for me today ?

IDEXAN
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Bingo !
But you know along the way, I think Justice also does write some pretty interesing, even informative opinion.

Surreal McCoy
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
BTW, do you ever have anything to say besides "this organization sucks?"

Serious question.

Mr. White
12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Serious question.

I guess you're not able to answer the question I asked you without trying to turn it back around on me. The classic "ex-girlfriend" argument.

For someone who was bitching about "attacking the poster," it sure seems like you're attacking the poster.

To answer your question (since you won't answer mine,) in about 4850 posts, I don't think one of them says "this organization sucks." Are there things I would change? Yes....and even the most die-hard Kubiak homers agree these days.

Here's another question for you. How are you any different from any other troll?

Surreal McCoy
12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I guess you're not able to answer the question I asked you without trying to turn it back around on me. The classic "ex-girlfriend" argument.

For someone who was bitching about "attacking the poster," it sure seems like you're attacking the poster.

To answer your question (since you won't answer mine,) in about 4850 posts, I don't think one of them says "this organization sucks." Are there things I would change? Yes....and even the most die-hard Kubiak homers agree these days.

Here's another question for you. How are you any different from any other troll?

Let's see here. First you pretend to be message board police then turn right around and start attacking another poster. Well done you. Seems pretty simple to practice what you preach, eh? On the other hand, I'm sure it all gets very confusing what with the evil McNair stealing your heard-earned money and Gary Kubiak purposely trying to lose games just to embarrass you. Poor Diddums.

PS - I must admit, I am quite impressed with your post total, thanks for bringing that to my attention ;)

JB
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Let's see here. First you pretend to be message board police then turn right around and start attacking another poster. Well done you. Seems pretty simple to practice what you preach, eh? On the other hand, I'm sure it all gets very confusing what with the evil McNair stealing your heard-earned money and Gary Kubiak purposely trying to lose games just to embarrass you. Poor Diddums.

PS - I must admit, I am quite impressed with your post total, thanks for bringing that to my attention ;)

I get that you are frustrated with the negativity here. But you are not going about it very well. Instead of the snide comments and not so thinly veiled sarcasm, why don't you try to talk about why people should be positive about this team?

Mr. White
12-05-2010, 05:31 PM

Okay, I get it now. You're going to get even with all those mean ol' message board posters that say all those bad things about those nice guys McNair and Kubiak.

Anybody that criticizes them are just not swell fans. I bet all these people make you so mad that you could just spit.

So, you're really gonna show 'em now because you've got one-liners.

burro
12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Guys, come on now - how about a little fan unity? We all have our opinions on the Texans, which we are bound to be vocal about all things considered, but it's not a good time when fans start turning their frustration inward and start slagging on one another. We all love the Texans, that should be enough to keep us united and away from each other's throats.

Surreal McCoy
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
I get that you are frustrated with the negativity here. But you are not going about it very well. Instead of the snide comments and not so thinly veiled sarcasm, why don't you try to talk about why people should be positive about this team?

Fair enough request JB and I'll try to keep it in mind going forward. That said, there's not really much "discussion" going on here unless it's slating the team/organization in some form or another. Witness the 9-7 playoffs thread (and countless others) where the OP is subject to a torrent of abuse, snide comments and sarcasm of the type you're asking me to refrain from. You ask why I think people should be positive about the team in its current state and that's a prime example of the absolutism that defines this board and indeed the majority of Houston sport fans. In other words, just because I find the over-reactions to be hysterical doesn't mean I think everything is sweetness and light with the team.

I do think people should be encouraged to vote with their feet. If you (figurative) honestly feel the organization is more committed to making money than winning, then why support them? As bad as this season has been, I still get enjoyment out of supporting my team - win or lose.

Rey
12-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Fair enough request JB and I'll try to keep it in mind going forward. That said, there's not really much "discussion" going on here unless it's slating the team/organization in some form or another. Witness the 9-7 playoffs thread (and countless others) where the OP is subject to a torrent of abuse, snide comments and sarcasm of the type you're asking me to refrain from. You ask why I think people should be positive about the team in its current state and that's a prime example of the absolutism that defines this board and indeed the majority of Houston sport fans. In other words, just because I find the over-reactions to be hysterical doesn't mean I think everything is sweetness and light with the team.

I do think people should be encouraged to vote with their feet. If you (figurative) honestly feel the organization is more committed to making money than winning, then why support them? As bad as this season has been, I still get enjoyment out of supporting my team - win or lose.

good post.....especially that last part..

JB
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Fair enough request JB and I'll try to keep it in mind going forward. That said, there's not really much "discussion" going on here unless it's slating the team/organization in some form or another. Witness the 9-7 playoffs thread where the OP is subject to a torrent of abuse, snide comments and sarcasm of the type you're asking me to refrain from. You ask why I think people should be positive about the team in its current state and that's a prime example of the absolutism that defines this board and indeed the majority of Houston sport fans. In other words, just because I find the over-reactions to be hysterical doesn't mean I think everything is sweetness and light with the team.

Thanks for the response. I agree with to an extent, as many call me a die hard koolaid drinker. But most of the posters here, even the ones that are extreme in their negativity (imho), are passionate Texans fans. Most feel it is time for this regime to change, and feel it is necessary for this franchise to improve.

Many of the posters have just come to this position recently, others have been posting the same for years.

Perhaps just post your thoughts, and don't worry so much about others. If you disagree with someone's opinion, give yours and maybe have a good conversation.

Just my thoughts on it, though I have to confess that I have not always followed that line of reasoning.

edit: As far as the bolded, most of us feel this way.

thunderkyss
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM
huh? You are comparing last year's stats to this year - both under Frank Bush - and saying you can't blame Richard Smith? Sorry - don't understand your logic.

As for dropping from 13th to 28th - I just think we are being exposed more because we are playing a tougher schedule this year. We started out at the bottom of the league last year also under Frank Bush.

If Frank Bush was able to get us that defense in 2009 with what Smith left, there is no reason he couldn't do the same (or at least something similar) with practically the same guys in 2010.

Yes the competition is better..... (Jags?? Chiefs?? Raiders?? Jets??)

I liked what Bush did in 2009, allowed our guys to do their thing & attack the LOS..... we played behind the LOS so much last year...

This year, their on their heels. That's on Bush... or Kubiak.... or both.

Not Richard Smith.

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
If Frank Bush was able to get us that defense in 2009 with what Smith left, there is no reason he couldn't do the same (or at least something similar) with practically the same guys in 2010.

Yes the competition is better..... (Jags?? Chiefs?? Raiders?? Jets??)

I liked what Bush did in 2009, allowed our guys to do their thing & attack the LOS..... we played behind the LOS so much last year...

This year, their on their heels. That's on Bush... or Kubiak.... or both.

Not Richard Smith.

Weren't the Texans insanely good on scoring the first drive, last year?
Doesn't scoring on the first drive immensely help the defense? Didn't
the script work well last year, and not at all this year? Keeping
the defense off the field means they can't give up yards and points.

Much like Kubiak's won/loss record. Upon closer inspection, you
see plenty of smoke-'n-mirrors.

Blake
12-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Stopped reading RJ a few years back and have stuck with it. Guy is an asshat.

I am really tired about being the team who couldnt overcome the tough schedule, or injuries, instead of being the team that is putting knots on the other teams head, and being circled on their calendar.

Well, we are being circled on their calendar, but for a different reason...

Double Barrel
12-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Looks like another member got baited by Justice again.:kubepalm:

That's because Dick Justice is a master baiter. http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUbMCulhWGAuarfoyDSKotg1kwfR3j1 Gfn0Z7Rpxerx7QH9V-k buh dum ching

Stopped reading RJ a few years back and have stuck with it. Guy is an asshat.

I am really tired about being the team who couldnt overcome the tough schedule, or injuries, instead of being the team that is putting knots on the other teams head, and being circled on their calendar.

Well, we are being circled on their calendar, but for a different reason...

RJ is irrelevant so he has to write this kind of crap for anyone to bother caring.

However, after reading all the wonderfully myopic takes on these boards and listening to H-town sports talk radio over the past 9 years, I don't see why RJ means anything to anyone. His perspectives have all the freshness of regurgitated cud.

HOU-TEX
12-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Justice is a Dick