PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Texans Defense: A new Breed?

Gymrat2005
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Before I start this off let me tell all of you that I understand why Kansas City put Pollard on waivers and let him go, we thought they were the stupidest group of people in the NFL but i now realize why they did such a thing.

Basically this is the way i see it.

Our defense is bad, really bad sooo bad that in order for us to even be manigable next season some drastic things need to be done.

4-3 ( 4 Down Linemen, 3 Linebackers)

If we dont atleast change our DC next season and we stick with the 4-3 we need to go out and Draft Preferably the most gifted and talented ball hawk safety in the draft ASAP, even if it means having to move into the top 5 and trading away 2012's 2nd and 3rd.

The next step is moving Bernard Pollard to Will (weak side linebacker), ask him to gain 5-10 pounds in the offseason of muscle and theres a Above average Linebacker who's specialty is Coverage.Brian Urlacher played safety in college soo for all of you who think it cant be done think again.

3-4 (3 Down Linemen, 4 Linebackers)

This defense is very deceptive and requires more hybrid and Athletic players than we currently have on this roster, it would require a massive overhaul within the draft and free agency, we would need a NT, Marcel Darious has NT written all over him or even a 3-4 Defensive End.

Cut pollard if we got to the 3-4, he cant cover, and i know he can lay the wood, but the Secondary's Job is to Cover.

BUT back to my original statement, I no longer want Pollard as our starting SS,not with this years Secondary maybe if we draft a true Ballhawk FS we could manage it but until then no.

JB
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
:kubepalm: Pollard gonna knock the piss out of you

Gymrat2005
12-03-2010, 08:47 PM
:kubepalm: Pollard gonna knock the piss out of you

Last night on the eagles opening drive, down at the goal line Pollard was in charge of covering the tightend who waltzed into the endzone with pollard 5 yards behind grabbing at air.

:kubepalm:

JB
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Last night on the eagles opening drive, down at the goal line Pollard was in charge of covering the tightend who waltzed into the endzone with pollard 5 yards behind grabbing at air.

I didn't say Pollard would cover you...

He is a force in run defense and a liability in pass defense. He needs a very good FS next to him.

HJam72
12-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Just get the FS. How blatantly stupid can this organization be? I don't know about all that other stuff, and I'd like to see a couple of large, bruiser DTs and stop with all this stunt stuff. I also like a 3-4 that disguises many blitz packages, but just get a FS for crying out loud...

silvrhand
12-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I didn't say Pollard would cover you...

He is a force in run defense and a liability in pass defense. He needs a very good FS next to him.

JB, normally we agree but last night Pollard got his juked out of his jock strap quite a few times last night, it was not good. His tackling this year is a bit spotty at times.

drewmar74
12-03-2010, 09:31 PM
His tackling this year is a bit spotty at times.

I think that is being kind.

JB
12-03-2010, 09:36 PM
JB, normally we agree but last night Pollard got his juked out of his jock strap quite a few times last night, it was not good. His tackling this year is a bit spotty at times.

Yeah, I know. But I got to be in denial about something. I think that everyone on the defense is trying to do too much. But Pollard has been very bad the last few games.

Htownsportsfan
12-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Was that the play that was very close to an illegal pick play or the one where Polllard and Cushing cut each other off essentially picking each other.

Gymrat2005
12-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Was that the play that was very close to an illegal pick play or the one where Polllard and Cushing cut each other off essentially picking each other.

I have no idea man but it was the opening drive, you can only score once per drive. After i saw it i threw my $275 phone at the wall and it shattered into pieces im just really sick and tired of everyone on this board drinking the pollard koolaid. He's great for PR, he's great in run support, and he's great in the locker room or what is perceived.

But he's a safety, he is the last line of our defense, we should of drafted earl thomas last year, the FS out of texas. 4 games into the season this year had had like 3 picks and was being talked up for a possible DROY award. I'm 19 years old, I dont want to be 30 before this team gets its first Superbowl.

JB
12-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I have no idea man but it was the opening drive, you can only score once per drive. After i saw it i threw my $275 phone at the wall and it shattered into pieces im just really sick and tired of everyone on this board drinking the pollard koolaid. He's great for PR, he's great in run support, and he's great in the locker room or what is perceived.

But he's a safety, he is the last line of our defense, we should of drafted earl mitchell last year, the FS out of texas. 4 games into the season this year had had like 3 picks and was being talked up for a possible DROY award. I'm 19 years old, I dont want to be 30 before this team gets its first Superbowl.

Damn! And I thought I was drunk!

texan279
12-03-2010, 11:30 PM

But he's a safety, he is the last line of our defense, we should of drafted earl mitchell last year, the FS out of texas. 4 games into the season this year had had like 3 picks and was being talked up for a possible DROY award. I'm 19 years old, I dont want to be 30 before this team gets its first Superbowl.

I said the same thing in 2002.........I will be 32 in February.............:fireball::trophy:

CretorFrigg
12-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I dont want to be 30 before this team gets its first Superbowl.

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one that thought that. I said that a couple years ago. I'm 29 now. I'll be 30 next season.

KA4Texan
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Whats wrong with 30? :D

Not to make you feel worse, but we havent even had a playoff showing before you turn(ed) 30.:gun:

I just hope Im not on my death bed having never seen the Texans in a playoff or SB

97roc
12-03-2010, 11:49 PM
I don't see us changing to a 3/4 next season. Not only do we not have the players to do so, we won't have the time with the potential lockout. I am in complete agreement about the FS need. But take a look at the draft prospects, and you might see there isn't a FS that worthy of a top 10 pick. BP should continue to start, but should come out in passing situations. I guess the real question is, who will replace him during that time?

80tothezone
12-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I don't see us changing to a 3/4 next season. Not only do we not have the players to do so, we won't have the time with the potential lockout. I am in complete agreement about the FS need. But take a look at the draft prospects, and you might see there isn't a FS that worthy of a top 10 pick. BP should continue to start, but should come out in passing situations. I guess the real question is, who will replace him during that time?

niel rackers

axman40
12-04-2010, 10:25 AM
A new Breed
would be better than
The Walking Dead!

Thorn
12-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I dont want to be 30 before this team gets its first Superbowl. 30?????

:lol:

:panic:

ObsiWan
12-04-2010, 11:16 AM
30?????

:lol:

:panic:

younguns.... what should we do with 'em?
:barman:

infantrycak
12-04-2010, 11:20 AM

Pollard got picked on that play. Under the rules there should have been a flag but it is a rarely enforced penalty. Should have picked a different play as an illustration of poor coverage.

Gymrat2005
12-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Pollard got picked on that play. Under the rules there should have been a flag but it is a rarely enforced penalty. Should have picked a different play as an illustration of poor coverage.

It was the play that wast most memorable to me bc it was the one where i threw my phone at the wall. Every safety in the Nfl doesnt get picked on that play. The next time we play cover 2, look at pollard thats an example of poor coverage.

TimeKiller
12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
-----Barwin-Smith-Okoye-Mario------
-----Cushing-Ryans-Pollard-----------
-----Jackson-Quin-2nd round pick-1st round pick----

Faster, more coverage, less crappy players like Diles, Wilson and Cody.

infantrycak
12-04-2010, 12:39 PM
It was the play that wast most memorable to me bc it was the one where i threw my phone at the wall. Every safety in the Nfl doesnt get picked on that play. The next time we play cover 2, look at pollard thats an example of poor coverage.

Your phone is irrelevant. If that's your best example of poor coverage then there's no point to the discussion. And I'm not claiming Pollard is good in coverage, just that is a bad example.