PDA

View Full Version : How far do the changes need to go?

keyser
12-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm wondering what other folks think we need to do from here. Is it a matter of a simple coaching change, or do we need to go farther in making changes to this team. Where do you come out on this?

For me, the problems go deeper than just the coaching, though I think we've got some good players that we can still build from...

Just to be clear on some choices:

There will always be some changes/turnover with the draft, so assume those changes with any choice.
New players/roster changes mean bringing in a significant number of new people FA/draft/trade/whatever as starters/backups: figure about 1/3 +/- of the starters, say.
Blowing up the whole team can't be done in just a year, but would be a planned change over 2-3 years.
When I say "coaches", you can include Rick Smith in there, also.

Mr. White
12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I didn't see "Replace GM and coaching staff" so I didn't vote.

burro
12-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Somewhere between option 2 and option 4. I would say the entirety of the coaching staff needs to go. That includes Kubiak, Dennison, Bush, Gibbs, and probably Marciano as well if what we've seen is any indication of the future. I can't say that I am 100% behind getting rid of Rick Smith, because I can't determine who much of this falls on him as opposed to Kubiak - feel free to jump in there though.

That said, we need some sort of veteran presence in the secondary. Someone besides Pollard, who is completely worthless against even the most average QB/WR tandem. Also, I don't ever want to see Brice McCain on the field again. Period. Non-negotiable. I don't care who we find to replace him, hell bring Faggins out of the UFL for all I care - but this guy is just crap and no amount of coaching is going to change that me thinks. Also it would be nice to have a RG who isn't a pwn magnet. The same could be said for the rest of the d-line, though I think in Mario and Okoye's case that they would both benefit from better coaching.

BigBull17
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I clicked the wrong button meant to click 2, not 3. Coaches are biggest problem. It is a shame, since I really do think Kubiak is a really nice man. I would want my son to play for him, because he would do anything for his players. Except win, sadly.

Thorn
12-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Problems are everywhere. We need to replace the coaches, but also need major roster changes.

That comes the closet to how I feel. We need a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, and some changes made to personel on the defense. The offense is good enough as is for the time being, and could be a much better unit if coached sensibly.

Section516
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Dennision can run Kubes offense..Id keep him..