PDA

View Full Version : I don't regret my soap avatar. I embraced it. Will wear it until that day comes!

GP
12-03-2010, 09:58 AM
There has been some minor rumblings and ruminations about how some are not sporting soap because they "can't get behind that mindset, but are ready to do it 'if certain things' happen and blah blah blah."

There have been minor comments made about how some people are switching back and forth as the tides rise and lower with this team.

Let's get something straight: The win vs. the Titans felt good because it's like getting a numbing shot before they drill your tooth. Takes the pain away, but the real work lies ahead. That "real work" is that we absolutely need to lose the remaining games in order for the Kubiak era to end.

I don't care about "if we lose our awesome and potent offense." We got some players here. Kubiak is not the only offense builder alive. AND, we could retain a lot of aspects of what we have and build in new things from a new coach (Because I have a feeling that our success is not solely tied to the genius of Kubiak). Improved what we had, has done a somewhat good job of getting better talent on offense (Foster being the feather in his cap).

My point with this thread is that i won't be switching my avatar. I won't be switching my sig image. It's there. It remains there. Even if the guy is back next year. even if there's no games next year and he's drinking coffee in his pajamas on Sundays. I don't care. The writing is on the wall.

Oh, and "yes," I most certainly will be eating crow when we rattle off that magical "run the table" streak and win the division somehow. You know, since that's reallllly gonna' happen and we gotta' sit and wait and not make brash statements right now. This thing is done.

"We have some really good guys here. Everybody gets along with one another," says Eric Winston. Yeah, Eric, we know. Just one big, happy family that loves one another. You guys got THAT going for ya'. Merry Christmas to the Texans family.

HTown2ATX
12-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I have never sported the avatar only because I love the drum kit pic I got on there now.

But I am in the club and do not switch back and forth. I agree with you on the tits game. I was excited but saw it for what it was.

Fire this *****.

Andre aint gettin any younger.

rmartin65
12-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Yep, I got on it later than a lot of you, but I am not switching until he is fired. Or he takes the Texans to the playoffs.

HuttoKarl
12-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Soap is necessary.

TexansBlood
12-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Yup fire Kubiak, he's garbage.

Thorn
12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm in the Fire Kubiak club, I'm just not changing my avatar again. I sported the soap for a bit though.

silvrhand
12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
LoL, been sporting and taking crap for mine since last year..

:barman:

HoustonFrog
12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
There has been some minor rumblings and ruminations about how some are not sporting soap because they "can't get behind that mindset, but are ready to do it 'if certain things' happen and blah blah blah."

There have been minor comments made about how some people are switching back and forth as the tides rise and lower with this team.

Let's get something straight: The win vs. the Titans felt good because it's like getting a numbing shot before they drill your tooth. Takes the pain away, but the real work lies ahead. That "real work" is that we absolutely need to lose the remaining games in order for the Kubiak era to end.

I don't care about "if we lose our awesome and potent offense." We got some players here. Kubiak is not the only offense builder alive. AND, we could retain a lot of aspects of what we have and build in new things from a new coach (Because I have a feeling that our success is not solely tied to the genius of Kubiak). Improved what we had, has done a somewhat good job of getting better talent on offense (Foster being the feather in his cap).

My point with this thread is that i won't be switching my avatar. I won't be switching my sig image. It's there. It remains there. Even if the guy is back next year. even if there's no games next year and he's drinking coffee in his pajamas on Sundays. I don't care. The writing is on the wall.

Oh, and "yes," I most certainly will be eating crow when we rattle off that magical "run the table" streak and win the division somehow. You know, since that's reallllly gonna' happen and we gotta' sit and wait and not make brash statements right now. This thing is done.

"We have some really good guys here. Everybody gets along with one another," says Eric Winston. Yeah, Eric, we know. Just one big, happy family that loves one another. You guys got THAT going for ya'. Merry Christmas to the Texans family.

It is dudes like Winston that makes me shake my head. He and Pollard are on the radio all the time acting like things are so good and how the team is so together and how they have this bad ass attitude but then week in and week out I see Winston get schooled and Pollard get lost in coverage. Here is an idea..shut your mouth and play. Just stop with the sound bytes and trying to sound smart. Your mediocre players who are getting your ass kicked every week.

What is it about this town..."keep Carr, he's a good guy", "keep Gary, he is a good guy," "you can't get rid of or sit Senor Pop-up Bagwell or Roller Skates in the Outfield Biggio, they are icons"................How niiiiccccce.

People are ripping Schaub, and he deserves some of it..but you want to know who makes Schaub look worse...that little kid Gary. You look bad when you are throwing all game compared to riding your league leading rusher that can't be stopped. When your having to force balls because you abandoned the great running game, you look sorry. Schaub isn't a stud but he can do plenty to win. The coach just doesn't allow it. Schaub does get happy feet against teams that bring the heat though.

Kubes is out of his league. I'm not even sure if he is a good coordinator anymore.

And for all the people last year who said that Atlanta making the playoffs after getting a new coach, after the horrible Vick mess, etc was just a one year thing and was playoff luck..really?Same with the all the other teams that are turning it around yearly...don't look now, here comes the Browns.

:backsout:Done

Runner
12-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I've never sported the soap avatar, but I've wanted Kubiak replaced after since the end of his third season. I couldn't delude my self that constant mediocrity was the right way to build a championship caliber team. The last two season have pretty much met my expectations.

GP
12-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Good to see the folks coming on here to explain the "why" behind their non-soap avatar.

I understand your reasoning for having a non-soap avatar: If you have a real good avatar that you think defines you on this forum, then so be it. If it fits well, then you gotta' wear what's comfortable.

Maybe change the little sentence that's under the avatar, to something like "Soap Member" or "Fire Kubiak"? Just thinking of ways to show your opinion without having to change the avatar.

I'm not trying to call out those who aren't soapers. I am trying to say that THIS guy has sported the soap for about 6 weeks now, did not change it after the Titans win, and will NOT be changing it even if we have a miracle and make it to the playoffs. It will be an abberation; swamp gas. You see it, and you reach out to touch it, but it slips through your fingers.

There has been too many weird, illogical finishes to Texans games this season. It's a pattern. It's a telling sign to any normal, NFL-watching fan. The team is lost. They are a nice group of guys, tyring hard and never giving up, but they are not prepared and their on-field brainfarts are a result of not feeling like they are put in a good position to win. When you feel like you're screwed before the coin flip, how are you going to react during the game? You're going to play without confidence. And without confidence, you're just waiting for that special moment when you know you're going to get roasted on a certain type of play. You're waiting for it. You're scared to death of it. It then becomes a thing of hoping the opposing team somehow bungles and botches the job.

We've been reduced to hoping the OTHER team can't execute their gameplan. Reduced to hoping the other guy drops the ball in the end zone. Reduced to knowing that a team will find 19.5 yards on 3rd and 19. Reduced to feeling good that it wasn't a blowout. Reduced to feeling good that we beat the Titans and shut them out.

That Colts game at the start of the season? An abberation. The result of the Colts not taking us seriously, which they did in the second meeting this season. Talent is half the puzzle. The other half is having players on your team who reflect the style and substance of your head coach (the "leader"). We have players who are talented. They by-and-large are players who reflect the same behavioral patterns as their head coach.

You surround yourself with like-minded people. We have the Good Boy Scout, Never Harm Another Person attitude...which pays off in some form or fashion. I would not want us to become dirty like the Jags or Titans. But there has to be an element of ruthlessness that's what I called "controlled chaos."

That mindset doesn't exist here. We are robotic, predictable, stable, conservative, reserved, calculated risk takers. And in this league, today, you are going to get figured out and owned by your opponents. They will eat you alive. If the other teams don't drop balls, miss tackles, or stray from their own gameplan they devised against us, they will eat us for lunch and ask for second helpings.

We've been reduced to being thankful we're not totally inept, yet being told to hang in there and let things improve over time.

Time is a precious commodity in the NFL. 16 games over 17 weeks, then you wait about 9 months to get another shot at 17-weeks worth of "time."

(sigh)

Go Texans.

False Start
12-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I am down with showing Kubiak the door, but I have had my avatar since I joined up here, and cant bring myself to change it.

GP
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
It is dudes like Winston that makes me shake my head. He and Pollard are on the radio all the time acting like things are so good and how the team is so together and how they have this bad ass attitude but then week in and week out I see Winston get schooled and Pollard get lost in coverage. Here is an idea..shut your mouth and play. Just stop with the sound bytes and trying to sound smart. Your mediocre players who are getting your ass kicked every week.

What is it about this town..."keep Carr, he's a good guy", "keep Gary, he is a good guy," "you can't get rid of or sit Senor Pop-up Bagwell or Roller Skates in the Outfield Biggio, they are icons"................How niiiiccccce.

People are ripping Schaub, and he deserves some of it..but you want to know who makes Schaub look worse...that little kid Gary. You look bad when you are throwing all game compared to riding your league leading rusher that can't be stopped. When your having to force balls because you abandoned the great running game, you look sorry. Schaub isn't a stud but he can do plenty to win. The coach just doesn't allow it. Schaub does get happy feet against teams that bring the heat though.

Kubes is out of his league. I'm not even sure if he is a good coordinator anymore.

And for all the people last year who said that Atlanta making the playoffs after getting a new coach, after the horrible Vick mess, etc was just a one year thing and was playoff luck..really?Same with the all the other teams that are turning it around yearly...don't look now, here comes the Browns.

:backsout:Done

Been wondering where you went to.

Enjoyed your post.

Agree with all of it.

Texas T
12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
GP-check out Pollardized "Rant" he really does a good job summarizing what has been said on this thread.

No soap avatar for me-but there has got to be a change.
This season is a wash-maybe they should look at doing it now and the new coach can start his system now. Then there is no concern about the potential lock out.
At a minimum, we could use a new DC-NOW!!
It won't happen, and Kubs will say that he's behind his DC, again...

Porky
12-03-2010, 10:55 AM
This team is two miracle finishes away from 3-9. In year 5, to even think about being that bad is unacceptable.

But the elephant in the room is Bob Mcnoob. He is the problem. He is a horrible owner. As long as he is the owner and doesn't change himself, the team won't change. We are deluding ourselves to think that McNair has it in him to go out and sign the chin or some other good coach.

Make no mistake - when the Texans win 3 out of their last 4 and finish 8-8 expect Mcnoob to come out and say they played with good effort, Gary has them going in the right direction, they just need to carry over the momentum to next year, and we need stability going into a potential lockout.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.

The mediocrity starts at the top - and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Depressing. :mariopalm:

Marcus
12-03-2010, 10:59 AM
LOL!

As if some of you think that if you have soap in your avatar long enough, that will actually influence things??

Now I can see why fantasy football is such a hit.

ThaShark316
12-03-2010, 11:02 AM
No point in sporting some soap. he's not going anywhere.

Not that i want dude fired, but still. Besides, when it comes to finding a new coach, McNair wouldn't break the bank. Probably not a knock on the man, but I'm sorry, if you think we wouldn't hire a bad retread, you are kidding yourself.

Think more Brad Childress and Rod Marinelli, not Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden. Just how I feel.

V Man
12-03-2010, 11:02 AM
This team is two miracle finishes away from 3-9. In year 5, to even think about being that bad is unacceptable.

But the elephant in the room is Bob Mcnoob. He is the problem. He is a horrible owner. As long as he is the owner and doesn't change himself, the team won't change. We are deluding ourselves to think that McNair has it in him to go out and sign the chin or some other good coach.

Make no mistake - when the Texans win 3 out of their last 4 and finish 8-8 expect Mcnoob to come out and say they played with good effort, Gary has them going in the right direction, they just need to carry over the momentum to next year, and we need stability going into a potential lockout.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.

The mediocrity starts at the top - and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Depressing. :mariopalm:

"Must spread more rep before"

I believe Porky hit it out of the park on this one. We have had two coaches here, and they are basically the same, just one was offense and the other defense; both passive nice guys. Bob may fire Gary this year, but hard to believe that he won't hire the same type of coach.

GuerillaBlack
12-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.

I know this team needs change, but I hate this logic. The team could just as easily have been 9-3.

GP
12-03-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL!

As if some of you think that if you have soap in your avatar long enough, that will actually influence things??

Now I can see why fantasy football is such a hit.

I don't think it influences McNair.

All I've got, and all you guys got, is each other. My fan affiliation with this team is actually this place right here. Right now.

And if we can't impact things on the field, at least we can be on here and know where one another stands. And it doesn't matter if we get people "converted" to our soap lifestyle or not. After five years of this particular "product," I'm talking football with my fellow fans and stating my position on how I feel about this team.

It's cathartic for me. If, and when, we DO end up winning enough to win the division or maybe make advance deep into the playoffs or maybe even win a title, then I will look back on this and remember the memories of how dissatisfied and cranky we were.

It's the whole package, Marcus. Not a singular moment or fleeting existence for me. Even McNair can blindly stumble upon a great HC and set of assistant coaches under that HC who have what it takes. At this point, we're just wishing for the CHANCE of McNair ridding us of one guy in favor of maybe a new guy who "gets it" and who can produce a next level up.

Is that laughable?

houstonspartan
12-03-2010, 11:10 AM
The reason I don't have an avatar at all is because I've basically been too lazy to download one. lol. Hell, I just filled out the "location" boxes just a few days ago.

Avatar or not, I've been consistent with my feelings about Kubiak.

Fire his ass.

GP
12-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I know this team needs change, but I hate this logic. The team could just as easily have been 9-3.

It's not bad logic.

The Redskins win was due to the Redskins abandoning what worked for them in the first half: The 3-step drops and quick pass plays that exploited the soft zones in our "zone" defense. They really screwed themselves hard, such as what we see when Gary forgets in similar fashion.

Like I said: If a team just sticks to its weekday strategy they planned to implement against us, and if they JUST don't shoot themselves in the foot, they will beat us.

Heck, one of the commentators last night said this: "If the Eagles can just find a way to keep Vick IN the game until the very end, then they will win the game." It's no secret. You only have to keep doing what you know will work, keep chipping away, don't abandon what's been working, and you're going to beat the Texans.

Why?

Because the Texans start slow, play catchup all game long (mostly starting in the 2nd half), and at some point there will be one or two major goof-ups by the Texans that keeps the opposing team in power.

3rd and 19. Breathe it in, hold that breath, and exhale. Repeat. And tell me how this is not accurate.

GuerillaBlack
12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
It's not bad logic.

Nah, it's bad logic to me, because we could just as easily won other close games that we lost. Use something else than the team being "a few lucky breaks away from being 3-9", when they can just as easily be 9-3.

Porky
12-03-2010, 11:21 AM

Easily be 9-3? How exactly is that? They have been behind by at least 2 touchdowns in 8 of their 12 games. Exactly how does that equate to easily a 9-3 record?

Yes, they could have pulled off another mircale finish or two after being totally humilated most of the game - maybe against the Jets or Chargers for instance, but you are simply not going to sit here and tell me that after being down two TD's in 8 out of 12, that somehow it's just a toss of the coin between 3-9 and 9-3. No way, no how.

Like most years, they are what they are. They have gotten some damn lucky wins, and also lost a couple of head scratchers at the end of the game. At the end of the day, they are 5-7. I was only pointing out the fact that they could easily be 3-9, and to even contemplate that thought tells me they are in unacceptable territory.

Houston_Fanatic
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't sport the soap because I think it will influence anybody - I do it for the same reason as GP - to make a statement of where I stand. I miss my Texans-Oilers helmet AV but it won't come back until Kubes is gone. He has got to go - he and Bush are dragging our team down.

HoustonFrog
12-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Been wondering where you went to.

Enjoyed your post.

Agree with all of it.

I disappeared this year. Needed a break. I didn't like the direction things were going and I was enjoying watching games less because I linked it to how people would react here...whether it be the Cowboys or Texans. I do miss posting with people and all but with my 2 little ones I have actually spent more time away from watching and writing about ball and more time just doing things.

I also wanted to add something about the Kubiak thing. As a person who has been a 35 year Cowboy fan and had the Oilers as a secondary team, I really have tried hard to latch onto the Texans..its where I live now. But it has been tough due to how the team operates. I don't agree with McNair and Kubiak and how mediocre works for people. I'd really like to see a new direction because I'd really like to enjoy the Texans again. It makes it hard when they advertise their 5 act play and yet the 5 acts are really just the 1st act over and over.

Changed the signature :)

GuerillaBlack
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Easily be 9-3? How exactly is that? They have been behind by at least 2 touchdowns in 8 of their 12 games. Exactly how does that equate to easily a 9-3 record?

Yes, they could have pulled off another mircale finish or two after being totally humilated most of the game - maybe against the Jets or Chargers for instance, but you are simply not going to sit here and tell me that after being down two TD's in 8 out of 12, that somehow it's just a toss of the coin between 3-9 and 9-3. No way, no how.

Like most years, they are what they are. They have gotten some damn lucky wins, and also lost a couple of head scratchers at the end of the game. At the end of the day, they are 5-7. I was only pointing out the fact that they could easily be 3-9, and to even contemplate that thought tells me they are in unacceptable territory.

Andre catching that easy TD against the Chargers instead of it bouncing off his knee, that's one win. Stopping the Jets with 50 seconds left and no timeouts, that's another win. Freak hail mary play against Jacksonville, that's another W. And then they can't stop a 3rd and 19 and give the ball back to our offense. IF you're going to try and say they should really be 3-9, someone could just as easily point out the breaks/luckiness other teams got against us that could have went our way.

Doesn't change the fact that our defense sucks and we need new coaching, but I hate seeing the "we should be 3-9", or whatever other record posts. That's not a good way of looking at it.

FirstTexansFan
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't care if someone fly's the soap or not, I don't care if they want Kubiak here or they want him gone. We're all fans of the Texans, period. I read all opinions expressed here, and I never hate on those who express an opinion different from mine. We're all entitled to an opinion, but I'm in the Marcus camp on this one. It doesn't matter what we say here, what avatars we fly, or how big our font is when we type "WE SUCK!", we aren't the ones making the decisions, we're merely along for the ride. I realize when things go south, their is a tendency to turn on one another. But whats the point? Neg repping people, and personal attacks are childish imo. We're all in the same leaky azz boat. Grab a bucket and keep us afloat as fans :)

GP
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Nah, it's bad logic to me, because we could just as easily won other close games that we lost. Use something else than the team being "a few lucky breaks away from being 3-9", when they can just as easily be 9-3.

I play Texas Hold 'Em. Not much anymore, but still...I know how to play.

The group I play with, there's a guy who is verrry good. He knows the finer nuances and the calcluations of risk/reward on any given hand of cards.

I will win SOME of the time. He wins almost all of the time.

Why is that? It's because he's better than me. While I can still "hang," and still eek out a great hand every now and then, he's just miles beyond me on how to win the marathon.

Maybe this is a flawed analogy. I don't care. The premise remains.

The point is that the Texans have won a few of those narrow games because they're like me: They win a few. But they're going to lose MORE than they win because the abilities are not sharpened enough.

Players need coaches who prepare them each week (prior to gameday) with an attitude of "We know what they are going to do, and they DON'T know what we're going to do. And when they figure out what we're doing, we're already switching gears and exploiting them before they can adjust."

That's why a guy like Bilicheck, or Rex Ryan, is so successful. They instill a sort of "we're invincible" mentality. Not that they think they are perfect. They're almost like a guy who is a world-class MMA athlete. The top-notch guys are top-notch because they can process things and feel as though they are ready to combat any sort of strategy that was planned against them.

You'd like to think we could have won more of those close games, but the result of those games is a very good indicator of the level of preparedness and strategy-building philosophy that Kubiak is (or maybe i should say "isn't") known for.

It's natural to delude yourself and think we're better than we are showing ourselves to be. We are, in the words of of Dennis Green, who we know we are. No need to to try and play the "What if; only if" game. We are who we are. Win a few of those, but gonna' lose the majority of them. Otherwise, that Redskins comeback we accomplished would have been playing out for us on a more regular basis like it has been for the Jets who are doing the same thing but finding ways to actually achieve it.

GuerillaBlack
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
See my post above yours GP. We're going to just have to agree to disagree.

GP
12-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't care if someone fly's the soap or not, I don't care if they want Kubiak here or they want him gone. We're all fans of the Texans, period. I read all opinions expressed here, and I never hate on those who express an opinion different from mine. We're all entitled to an opinion, but I'm in the Marcus camp on this one. It doesn't matter what we say here, what avatars we fly, or how big our font is when we type "WE SUCK!", we aren't the ones making the decisions, we're merely along for the ride. I realize when things go south, their is a tendency to turn on one another. But whats the point? Neg repping people, and personal attacks are childish imo. We're all in the same leaky azz boat. Grab a bucket and keep us afloat as fans :)

Re-read my posts. Not calling out people.

Marcus called people out.

So that's who you support? The one who called people out?

I am re-stating my position and asking people to discuss the topic of how some people (a) sport the soap and don't remove it, (b) switch back and forth with it, and (c) won't sport it no matter what.

This is a legitimate discussion. It's been going on in other threads recently, and I am making a whole thread about it so that we can discuss it all by itself with its own "thread."

And I am ASHAMED of you for making pollardized your Number 1 guy on here. I gave you a ham sandwich. Pollardized must have taken you out for lobster!!!!

:harumph!:

GP
12-03-2010, 11:34 AM
See my post above yours GP. We're going to just have to agree to disagree.

Ah, yes. Agree to disagree.

How about we play rock, paper, scissors?

This is like Highlander...there can be only ONE.

LOL.

Olive branch accepted. I agree that you disagree with me and that you are WRONG!

:neener:

FirstTexansFan
12-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Re-read my posts. Not calling out people.

Marcus called people out.

So that's who you support? The one who called people out?

I am re-stating my position and asking people to discuss the topic of how some people (a) sport the soap and don't remove it, (b) switch back and forth with it, and (c) won't sport it no matter what.

This is a legitimate discussion. It's been going on in other threads recently, and I am making a whole thread about it so that we can discuss it all by itself with its own "thread."

And I am ASHAMED of you for making pollardized your Number 1 guy on here. I gave you a ham sandwich. Pollardized must have taken you out for lobster!!!!

:harumph!:

My agreement with Marcus is with the fact, nothing we do here changes what the owner decides. I never support anyone that personally attacks anothers position. I enjoy the TK's on the board, you need a balance of kool aid and anger lol And the reason I promoted Pollardized, he knows I'm an atheistic Jew who doesn't eat pork <grin>

Second Honeymoon
12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Andre catching that easy TD against the Chargers instead of it bouncing off his knee, that's one win. Stopping the Jets with 50 seconds left and no timeouts, that's another win. Freak hail mary play against Jacksonville, that's another W. And then they can't stop a 3rd and 19 and give the ball back to our offense. IF you're going to try and say they should really be 3-9, someone could just as easily point out the breaks/luckiness other teams got against us that could have went our way.

Doesn't change the fact that our defense sucks and we need new coaching, but I hate seeing the "we should be 3-9", or whatever other record posts. That's not a good way of looking at it.

by the same logic that we could be 8-3 is the same logic that could see us at 3-9..or worse. The only constant is Gary's utter suckitude....

....and as for the soap. I have been a soaper since the day the guy was hired. The guy was a bargain basement hire and had no track record and did not deliver a quality cache of coaching candidates. He stuck with Richard for 3 years too long and he shouldn't have hired Bush. Bush is unqualified and had no business getting the job. He was cheap just like the way McNair likes it. Cheap coaching staff, cheap free agent signings, and you let your #1 Corner walk when your defense already sucked. I have not liked him since he agreed to work with Carr in order to get the job. He gained some points with me when he quickly gave Carr the hook after just one year under him, but the laundry list of failures has just wore on me over time.

How many times do we need this dip**it screwing the pooch, before we get rid of him.

KUBIAK MUST GO!! It is nice that pretty much everyone is united on this front..outside of the turds at 610 Homerville. Even though there are a few people holding on stubbornly, for the most part everyone wants this loser and his friends err coaches to get the hell out of our city.

GO AWAY GARY. IT'S ON YOU. YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!

The season is over, Bob. We barely made it into December with faint hopes intact and that was more due to injuries and failures by the Colts than anything we did. Bob, do something or you can go screw yourself.

FWIW - I called 6-10 before the season and was called crazy. They may get 7 but considering they started 4-2 that is just pathetic.

GARY KUBIAK SUCKS!!! and so does Bush, Rick Smith, Bob McNair and Mario.

oh and to all the Schaub haters, if not for him being paired with an embarassing and pathetic defense, he is the hottest QB in the league going into last night's game. He should have had 4 straight wins with the first 3 being come from behind wins with less than 2:00 in the game. Its not his fault. He hasn't played great but he has done enough for us to win in almost every game besides Dallas. To anyone asking for him to leave with Kubiak, be careful what you wish for. Schaub is part of the solution, not part of the problem. Go back and watch games from 2002-2006 to see how bad things were before he got here.

Matt, keep your head up and hopefully Bob will get a real head coach and spend some $$ and take a risk for once and get some help for our defense both on the field and in the booth.

TexCanada
12-03-2010, 12:11 PM

I agree with you. I hate playing the "what if" games. Nobody takes the Jets "miracle win" away from them, so why we we discount ours? Change is needed, but this argument is weak.

DexmanC
12-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Winston hasn't updated the videoblog on his website sense going 4-2
at the bye week. I guess he only does the radio show due to contractual
obligations. Pollard doesn't give a damn, because he's a free agent. If
Kubiak's back, I expect Pollard to be gone. Well, maybe not. Playing
for Kubiak means you'll get your money whether you win or not.

There is no TRUE accountability with this team, and it looks like the
fans at Reliant must force Bob Mcnair's hand, AGAIN.

TexCanada
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Winston hasn't updated the videoblog on his website sense going 4-2
at the bye week. I guess he only does the radio show due to contractual
obligations. Pollard doesn't give a damn, because he's a free agent. If
Kubiak's back, I expect Pollard to be gone. Well, maybe not. Playing
for Kubiak means you'll get your money whether you win or not.

There is no TRUE accountability with this team, and it looks like the
fans at Reliant must force Bob Mcnair's hand, AGAIN.

I agree with you that Kubiak should be done here, but I'm curious to hear what your opinion is on when you think Kubiak should have been fired. End of this year? Last? The year before?

The reason I ask is because of your comment about us forcing McNair's hand. Personally I agree with bringing back Kubiak this year because I had seen improvement from year to year. That is, up until this year. So for me, if Bob cans Kubiak after this season, I think that McNair will have handled the situation quite well.

nytexan
12-03-2010, 12:39 PM
oh and to all the Schaub haters, if not for him being paired with an embarassing and pathetic defense, he is the hottest QB in the league going into last night's game. He should have had 4 straight wins with the first 3 being come from behind wins with less than 2:00 in the game. Its not his fault. He hasn't played great but he has done enough for us to win in almost every game besides Dallas. To anyone asking for him to leave with Kubiak, be careful what you wish for. Schaub is part of the solution, not part of the problem. Go back and watch games from 2002-2006 to see how bad things were before he got here.

Matt, keep your head up and hopefully Bob will get a real head coach and spend some $$ and take a risk for once and get some help for our defense both on the field and in the booth.

I've gone from a Kubiak backer to a soaper, I just can't stand it anymore. Smith needs to go and the entire defensive coaching staff also. Whoever was in on the decision to go with that young secondary needs to go also. No ifs, no ands, no buts. GONE.

As for Schaub, with all day to throw he's awesome. With any type of pressure on him, he panics, he can't run and he puts himself into trouble because he still doesn't move well in the pocket. Having said that, he's not nearly the #1 problem on this team. The #1 problem of this team was the decision to go with that young secondary without a veteran presence and without a safety. That decision dug the graves of everyone involved with it.

jaayteetx
12-03-2010, 12:42 PM
how many staight season at 5-7? ya, i think we've seen a big enough sampling. time for change.

drewmar74
12-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't have a soap avatar.

I sport the soviet propaganda poster telling folks "Shhhhhhh."

Why? Because earlier this season you could tell that we had gaping ass holes in this thing but a lot of folks didn't want to hear it. Don't dare to poke a hole in the illusion that was our playoff hopes or you were going to get shouted down. So I found my little Russian maid to remind us to "Shhhhhh" because the Texans are playing their tails off and we shouldn't talk bad about them.

The D is awful. The offense is "off" this year. I think that we honest to goodness peaked last year at 9-7. Kubiak got us better but "better" is a very relative term.

We need someone NEW to take us to the next level.

And to whoever said "Andre ain't getting any younger" I agree and hoist a beer in your direction. I'll noodle back through the thread and rep you.

houstonspartan
12-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I agree with you that Kubiak should be done here, but I'm curious to hear what your opinion is on when you think Kubiak should have been fired. End of this year? Last? The year before?

The reason I ask is because of your comment about us forcing McNair's hand. Personally I agree with bringing back Kubiak this year because I had seen improvement from year to year. That is, up until this year. So for me, if Bob cans Kubiak after this season, I think that McNair will have handled the situation quite well.

This wasn't directed at me, but let me step in here for a second.

You're part of the "incremental improvement" crowd, I see.

Kubiak lost the fan base after last year's Monday Night Football loss against the Titans. That was it. We should have won that game, especially considering we were coming off a bye week.

Kubiak should have been fired after last off season. Instead of firing him, we give him an EXTENSION. People argued, "Well, they had to give him an extension in order to keep his coaches and get the offensive coordinator he wanted." My reply to that: Tough nuts.

So now, he was given an extension, he was able to get the coaches he wanted, he was able to get the offensive coordinator he wanted, he FINALLY got a running game going (an outstanding running game at that) and where are we?

5-7.

Again.

KA4Texan
12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I havent had faith in him for awhile but this was the last season I could "give him a chance" I've had as much as I can take of him as the Texans coach, IF he returns, I will cheer for the team, I will hate the loses....... I just cant get to excited knowing where we have been and the deja-vu feeling all over again.

As for the soap, I dont like having the same avatar as everyone else, so I cant bring myself to put it up there, but, the sentiment is there.

TexCanada
12-03-2010, 12:56 PM
This wasn't directed at me, but let me step in here for a second.

You're part of the "incremental improvement" crowd, I see.

Kubiak lost the fan base after last year's Monday Night Football loss against the Titans. That was it. We should have won that game, especially considering we were coming off a bye week.

Kubiak should have been fired after last off season. Instead of firing him, we give him an EXTENSION. People argued, "Well, they had to give him an extension in order to keep his coaches and get the offensive coordinator he wanted." My reply to that: Tough nuts.

So now, he was given an extension, he was able to get the coaches he wanted, he was able to get the offensive coordinator he wanted, he FINALLY got a running game going (an outstanding running game at that) and where are we?

5-7.

Again.

I've never really thought of this before, but I think you are right in that I could probably be put in the "incremental improvement" crowd. I finally found my place on this board!!

Kubiak was pretty close to losing me after the infamous halfback pass last year, but the fact that we finished 9-7 was enough for me to give him one more chance. I wasn't thrilled with 9-7 and missing the playoffs, but I felt like all we needed to do was cut out a few mistakes and we could add on an extra win or two. I think it is now clear that those mistakes will always be part of a Kubiak-run team (and not only his gameday mistakes, but his poor choice for the coaching staff around him as well), and for that I think he should be fired.

I believe in patience when it comes to building a team. I prefer building through the draft over several years, and then maybe adding in a vet or two when we are ready for the next step. I think this is the best way to build a great franchise, instead of just having a team that is good for one or two years.

3rd and Inches
12-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't have a soap avatar.. but I think it pretty much sums things up and how I'm feeling lately.

houstonspartan
12-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I believe in patience when it comes to building a team. I prefer building through the draft over several years, and then maybe adding in a vet or two when we are ready for the next step. I think this is the best way to build a great franchise, instead of just having a team that is good for one or two years.

Well, sure. We all do. It's the best way to build a team.

But that's the "Kubiak will eventually become Bill Belicheck" argument. I fell for that as well. How many years do we give him to make this thing happen?

Dishman
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM

I'm just too lazy to change my avatar and I read/post from my phone mostly.

TexCanada
12-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, sure. We all do. It's the best way to build a team.

But that's the "Kubiak will eventually become Bill Belicheck" argument. I fell for that as well. How many years do we give him to make this thing happen?

Don't get me wrong, I am in the "fire Kubiak" crowd along with many other people here. I felt as though this was his make or break year, and he simply hasn't got it done. I was just curious to find out other people's opinions on when he should be/have been fired, since a lot people seem to think that he should have been gone long before now.

gary
12-03-2010, 03:52 PM
What would you really Pollard and Winston to say on a radio show while being under a contract or exspect them to say about their own team? Just an easy question.

PapaL
12-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I support the soap; however I like my avatar. That is all.

infantrycak
12-04-2010, 12:52 PM

I agree with your posts on this subject.

ObsiWan
12-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Agreed. If our last-minute wins were luck for us then our last second losses should be characterized as pure luck for the other teams too. That's being consistent.

That said, a change is in order. Maybe that will result in us being on the upside of more of these "lucky" finishes

TEXANRED
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
It's time for Kubiak to go and became even more apparent after Richard Justice wrote and article in support of him and Bush.

You know you are a moron when Richard Justice supports you.

GuerillaBlack
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
by the same logic that we could be 8-3 is the same logic that could see us at 3-9..or worse. The only constant is Gary's utter suckitude....

....and as for the soap. I have been a soaper since the day the guy was hired. The guy was a bargain basement hire and had no track record and did not deliver a quality cache of coaching candidates. He stuck with Richard for 3 years too long and he shouldn't have hired Bush. Bush is unqualified and had no business getting the job. He was cheap just like the way McNair likes it. Cheap coaching staff, cheap free agent signings, and you let your #1 Corner walk when your defense already sucked. I have not liked him since he agreed to work with Carr in order to get the job. He gained some points with me when he quickly gave Carr the hook after just one year under him, but the laundry list of failures has just wore on me over time.

How many times do we need this dip**it screwing the pooch, before we get rid of him.

KUBIAK MUST GO!! It is nice that pretty much everyone is united on this front..outside of the turds at 610 Homerville. Even though there are a few people holding on stubbornly, for the most part everyone wants this loser and his friends err coaches to get the hell out of our city.

GO AWAY GARY. IT'S ON YOU. YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!!!!

The season is over, Bob. We barely made it into December with faint hopes intact and that was more due to injuries and failures by the Colts than anything we did. Bob, do something or you can go screw yourself.

FWIW - I called 6-10 before the season and was called crazy. They may get 7 but considering they started 4-2 that is just pathetic.

GARY KUBIAK SUCKS!!! and so does Bush, Rick Smith, Bob McNair and Mario.

That's exactly what I'm saying to all of those using the 3-9 argument. You're agreeing with me.

Lucky
12-04-2010, 11:57 PM
LOL!
What's laughable is if you think Kubiak will survive this train wreck.

...I hate seeing the "we should be 3-9", or whatever other record posts. That's not a good way of looking at it.

You are what your record says you are.

I've always liked Gary Kubiak, the guy. I just stopped believing in him during the 2008 season. His record says that he's not good enough. Nothing personal, but it's time for Gary to be shown the door.

TEXANRED
12-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I miss Jerry Glanville.

gary
12-05-2010, 12:05 AM
It has been time for Kubiak to be shown the door in my eyes but I don't make the calls.

TEXANRED
12-05-2010, 12:07 AM
It has been time for Kubiak to be shown the door in my eyes but I don't make the calls.

Ya know everytime we post back to back Innnegan keeps getting his ass whooped.

gary
12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Ya know everytime we post back to back Innnegan keeps getting his ass whooped.
Lol, you are right.