PDA

View Full Version : 4th year in a row at 5-7 and 4-13 against playoff teams

Carr Bombed
12-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Sorry die hard fans, but I'll start enough of these threads until this entire coaching staff is run out of town. Need any more proof that this terd needs to be flushed. Oh, I forgot.....he has the 5th best offense in the league. LOL (what a joke that is), how did that #5 offense look during crunch time? Did it look empty to you? (like it has all season)...........like it didn't even matter or count, yep that's how it looked to me to.

Was the league's leading rusher ever a factor?......of coarse he wasn't, not with this GREAT OFFENSIVE COACH. This offensive coach is obviously irreplaceable LMAO..lol, what a joke he is.
:kubepalm:

I mean nobody could coach the league's best RB and arguably the league's best WR to a winning record in what is one of the worst divisions in ALL OF FOOTBALL!...which has been the AFC South.

Carr Bombed
12-02-2010, 11:59 PM
P.S.

Mario Williams is a ABSOLUTE JOKE. All fluff and no substance. God I hope we don't spent 100 million trying to resign this bum.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Was the league's leading rusher ever a factor?......of coarse he wasn't, not with this

Thank you, I'm not the only one that noticed this. He didn't get a single touch after his 2nd TD in the 3rd quarter.

DexmanC
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
I really didn't want to be a prophet.

hradhak
12-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I mean nobody could coach the league's best RB and arguably the league's best WR to a winning record in what is one of the worst divisions in ALL OF FOOTBALL!...which has been the AFC South.

Is it possible, just maybe, that Foster is the league's best running back because of Kubiak and not in spite of him ?

Kubiak has done some amazing things with this offense. It's just our defense that is killing us and that's why we're losing. I don't disagree with you that a coaching change needs to be made, and I would be sad to see Kubiak go, but I think he's had enough time to prove he's not getting the job done.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Is it possible, just maybe, that Foster is the league's best running back because of Kubiak and not in spite of him ?

Kubiak has done some amazing things with this offense. It's just our defense that is killing us and that's why we're losing. I don't disagree with you that a coaching change needs to be made, and I would be sad to see Kubiak go, but I think he's had enough time to prove he's not getting the job done.

Then why not give him the ball in the 4th quarter. Seriously, zero touches. WTF Mrs. Kubiak? Will you ask your husband about that?

DexmanC
Last year the offense was killing us. This year, the defense is killing us.
We STILL have not seen a game where BOTH SIDES showed up at the
same time for ALL 60 MINUTES.

Kubiak is responsible for everything we've seen, and we've come up short
every time. Somebody (Kubiak) has got to answer for that. Losing with
style is NOT SUCCESS!

Texecutioner
Sorry die hard fans, but I'll start enough of these threads until this entire coaching staff is run out of town. Need any more proof that this terd needs to be flushed. Oh, I forgot.....he has the 5th best offense in the league. LOL (what a joke that is), how did that #5 offense look during crunch time? Did it look empty to you? (like it has all season)...........like it didn't even matter or count, yep that's how it looked to me to.

Was the league's leading rusher ever a factor?......of coarse he wasn't, not with this GREAT OFFENSIVE COACH. This offensive coach is obviously irreplaceable LMAO

Story of Kubiak's life.

But yet, people still have faith and hope in a guy who has never taken any team anywhere as a HC.

I don't know if the problem is more with Mcnair for being complacent or if it's with our fan base for being okay with mediocrity and supporting it unconditionally.

wagonhed
thank jeebus we are finally mathematically eliminated (i think?)

no more playoff talk absurdity

wagonhed
12-03-2010, 12:07 AM

i'm crying so hard i'm laughing.... wait.... laughing so hard i'm crying. yeah, that's it. btw your sig has been haunting me all year. apparently it haunts the team too.

DexmanC
12-03-2010, 12:10 AM
The Texans started at their best ever 4-2.

Since then, they are 1-5!!

That ALONE is grounds for termination. They focused so
hard on "starting fast," it turned into the ONLY THING
they could do this season.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM

Doubt it, Kubiak screws him left and right.......ingnores him for long periods of a game, and sometimes ignores him in the redzone.

Arian Foster can honestly say he deserved more yards and a WHOLE LOT of more touches, than he has gotten.

P.S.

:kubepalm: How can anybody say "Kubiak has done some amazing things with this offense." It's been crap all season. YES...IT'S BEEN CRAP ALL SEASON. When you're given a elite WR and a elite RB and you're a "offensive guru"......well you're expected to produce. He hasn't.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:14 AM
The Texans started at their best ever 4-2.

Since then, they are 1-5!!

That ALONE is grounds for termination. They focused so
hard on "starting fast," it turned into the ONLY THING
they could do this season.

Wow man, just wow. Great points very eye opening. Just sad. Okay prophesy something good now. Who's the next coach? Will this team ever even make the playoffs? Stuff like that.

Showtime100
12-03-2010, 02:54 AM
I said this in another post (kinda). But this is Part IV. I feel like Kubiak & Co are Jason and we are watching Friday The 13th: Part IV; The Final Chapter. Remember? The 4th in a series? The Final Chapter, then (obviously) no more?

Well, it wasn't THE LAST ONE! Eight more followed. Next year it's Jason....I mean Kubes & Co: The New Beginning.

:mariopalm:

HTown2ATX
12-03-2010, 07:32 AM

Dex, thought of you and your sig last night dude. I hope you play the lottery, you know your numbers man! lol

Thorn
12-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Last year the offense was killing us. This year, the defense is killing us.
We STILL have not seen a game where BOTH SIDES showed up at the
same time for ALL 60 MINUTES.

Kubiak is responsible for everything we've seen, and we've come up short
every time. Somebody (Kubiak) has got to answer for that. Losing with
style is NOT SUCCESS!

I rep'd you on another post just cause of your sig. I should have saved it for this post. I like this post much better. LOL

Blake
12-03-2010, 07:45 AM

I would agree that our offense is a product of Kubiak, and he has done some good things, but you have to look at it this way. Kubiak is responsible for BOTH sides of the ball. Not just the offense. And if offense is your only game, how is 24 points going to do it? The Eagles on AVERAGE give up 23.4 points per game. Doesnt seem like our amazing offense did much more than the norm. In addition to that the offense turned the ball over twice, once resulting in 3 points for the iggles.

Kubiak should be fired. He has had his time, and its time for someone else to get a shot.

gwallaia
12-03-2010, 07:46 AM
As usual, this Texan team just does not have the ability to win. They don't have enough quality players and coaches.

They just cannot compete against the better teams in the league.

God forbid they should even get the notion in their heads that they could beat the Eagles.

beerlover
12-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Kubiak hitched his wagon to Schaub which is good (makes it easier to roll on out of town together) their resemblence to each other is frightening, whining, excuse layden, soft/weak leaders on & off the field. Is this how we want OUR team the Houston Texans to be represented to the national markets? :kubepalm:

Surreal McCoy
12-03-2010, 08:10 AM

LOL That single comment sums up this entire forum quite nicely.

gwallaia
12-03-2010, 08:13 AM
As soon as you say we are still mathematically eligible for the playoffs is the day you are eliminated from playoff contention.

scourge
12-03-2010, 08:18 AM

no more playoff talk absurdity

Nope, mathematically we are still in it. Theoretically we can win the division at 7-9. I highly doubt any shot of that happening, but the chance is there. So expect a few more weeks of this...

*edit* and for the record, NO, I am not one of the ones who has a positive outlook on the rest of our season.

scourge
12-03-2010, 08:19 AM
As soon as you say we are still mathematically eligible for the playoffs is the day you are eliminated from playoff contention.

I'll buy that. Always seems that way.

2slik4u
12-03-2010, 08:48 AM
P.S.

Mario Williams is a ABSOLUTE JOKE. All fluff and no substance. God I hope we don't spent 100 million trying to resign this bum.

Bro, I was all smiles and agreeing with your first post but this is utterly ridiculous.

He needs to stay a Texan for his career.

Kaiser Toro
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Has Orlovsky found his helmet yet?

rmartin65
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM

He is actually in surgery right now, getting it removed from his rectum.

HOU-TEX
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM

:lol: Good grief! Is that not pathetic?! It was like I was watching a movie or something.

Kaiser Toro
12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
He is actually in surgery right now, getting it removed from his rectum.

Kids will do the darndest things

rmartin65
12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Kids will do the darndest things

True that.

My sources on the street are telling me that Bush is undergoing a similar procedure to remove his copy of "Coaching Defense for Dummies" (a gift from his buddy Kubiak after week 4 of last season).

GP
12-03-2010, 09:14 AM

I could sum up your posts in this fashion: Drive-by heckling with no real substance and form to your posts.

Talk some football and stop doing this. You are stubborn, and I'm not talking about how you refuse to join the dark side or anything. You are stubborn because your only reply is to try and show you are smarter than everyone else. The schtick is getting old. You're having a hard time fitting in.

Again, not because you don't agree with certain people. But because you refuse to engage in actual discussion. I think the No Spin Zone forum, a separate forum located here on texanstalk.com, is where you need to hang out. Because you're not getting the hang of the TEXANS TALK forum here.

4th year in a row at 5-7 and 4-13 against playoff teams, that's the discussion. Do you have anything to add to the discussion, or should we expect more heckling and wisecracking? I dare you to reply to this and to ONLY discuss the topic itself. Can you do it?

Blake
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM

Oh god that was embarrassing. National TV our #2 QB looked like a bumbling *****.

Blake
12-03-2010, 09:18 AM
P.S.

That is kind of silly to say. You want to get rid of our best Dlineman? :mariopalm:

wagonhed
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I know we aren't technically mathematically eliminated. I guess what I meant is mathematically eliminated in the non-technical sense. Which means, we have lost 7 games, and you generally need 10 wins to go to the playoffs. I consider 7 losses the cutoff for the playoffs in the AFCS.

Mr. White
12-03-2010, 10:09 AM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1593824&postcount=88

I guess [lurkmode=off] now?

It must be tough to resist taking shots at the forum while not adding anything yourself.

burro
12-03-2010, 10:17 AM
This is why Kubiak needs to go. This team collapses and falls apart almost as a matter of habit. The players aren't motivated, there's no sense of urgency - frankly, the whole mindset of this team is dogshit. That's on coaching. Schaub makes a boneheaded decision on the field, walks back over to the sideline with that dumb look on his face - and nothing changes. That's on coaching. On every defensive play at least 4 guys are out of position, leaving enormous areas of the field open (half the time it looks like our LBs and safety's didn't even take the field). That's on coaching. Our time management and TOP has to be among the worst in the league - that's certainly on coaching. You see where I'm going with this. Sure, our players do some pretty dumb things - but when they do them over and over and over and over again, you have to wonder what the hell Kubiak and Co. does Mon-Fri.

Double Barrel
12-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Get ready for 5-8. This team ain't gonna' beat the Ravens on MNF.

How utterly pathetic. Five years into this regime, and we are still staring mediocrity in the face.

gwallaia
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM

How utterly pathetic. Five years into this regime, and we are still staring mediocrity in the face.

I really think the Texans win out and finish 9-7.

Section516
12-03-2010, 10:26 AM

Rather go 5-8 and then 5-9 and so on and so forth..We'd get ate up in the Playoffs..And we could use some higher draft picks.. In the NFL, you either need to suck in order to get better or do good and attract FA's..You can't be consistently mediocre and expect to improve..

Honoring Earl 34
12-03-2010, 10:33 AM
The season is lost and so am I .

Signed
Orlovsky's helmet

Double Barrel
12-03-2010, 10:37 AM
I really think the Texans win out and finish 9-7.

I think we win two more for 7-9.

Rather go 5-8 and then 5-9 and so on and so forth..We'd get ate up in the Playoffs..And we could use some higher draft picks.. In the NFL, you either need to suck in order to get better or do good and attract FA's..You can't be consistently mediocre and expect to improve..

I can understand the perspective, but I just can't bring myself to root for losses. Plus, I'm not convinced that McNair fired Kubiak, even with a 5-11 record. I can see changes in the defensive side of things, but with 2 more years on the contract and a lock out looming, McNair takes what he perceives as the "safe route".

I do agree completely with your last statement. I just hope our owner does, too.

burro
12-03-2010, 11:02 AM

Mediocrity would be a welcomed improvement.

Hardcore Texan
12-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Not only this but then we will turn around and win the last 3. Then McNair will have 'tough decision' to make.....lol

Carr Bombed
12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
That is kind of silly to say. You want to get rid of our best Dlineman? :mariopalm:

If he doesn't start leading the defense and become more of a impact player, yes.. Mario is still young and puts up sack #s....he's a physical specimen. That's why when it comes time to resign him, he's going to become one of the highest paid defenders in NFL history. At that price tag, I want a gamer.....not some incredible athlete who gets by on talent alone, but drifts through LONG stretches in ball games or weeks at a time. Mario Williams needs to become more of a football player, he needs to have more fire in his belly. Also Antonio Smith (one stupid penalty a game and all) has been our best Dlineman this season even though it won't show up on our stat sheet.

Mario Williams has the talent and god given ability to absolutely rape offenses, Bruce Smith style. He needs to bring it for the big majority of his plays (I won't say all the plays, because the truth is...even great DEs take a breather every now and then). Mario Williams is like a exotic sports car with a small motor. It's impressive and fancy, but it doesn't really get you where you want to go like you want. I would love to see the stats Mario would put up in a contract year....that's all I'm saying. I'm not writing him off....I just wish he would try a little harder and give more effort. Also it wouldn't hurt if he actually worked on some moves instead of just the bull rush or his patented "get blocked and ran completely out of the play" play.

To be fair to Williams though, we still don't know how much of this we can attribute to our sub par coaches and our care bare organization. Williams might just need a kick in the ass, fire breather for a position coach.

Lucky
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
To be fair to Williams though, we still don't know how much of this we can attribute to our sub par coaches and our care bare organization. Williams might just need a kick in the ass, fire breather for a position coach.
If the right coach is selected, he should be given free reign to develop the roster. If he thinks Mario is part of the solution, then re-sign him. If not, trade Williams for draft picks. There shouldn't be many sacred cows on this roster.

ThaShark316
12-03-2010, 06:46 PM
counting down the days til Brad Childress is named Texans coach.

JB
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
counting down the days til Brad Childress is named Texans coach.

I certainly hope you are being facetious...

or twisted evil

thunderkyss
12-03-2010, 07:28 PM

'nuff said......

thunderkyss
12-03-2010, 07:32 PM
This is why Kubiak needs to go. This team collapses and falls apart almost as a matter of habit. The players aren't motivated, there's no sense of urgency - frankly, the whole mindset of this team is dogshit. That's on coaching.

& what is the mindset of the players?

Schaub makes a boneheaded decision on the field, walks back over to the sideline with that dumb look on his face - and nothing changes. That's on coaching. On every defensive play at least 4 guys are out of position, leaving enormous areas of the field open (half the time it looks like our LBs and safety's didn't even take the field). That's on coaching. Our time management and TOP has to be among the worst in the league - that's certainly on coaching. You see where I'm going with this. Sure, our players do some pretty dumb things - but when they do them over and over and over and over again, you have to wonder what the hell Kubiak and Co. does Mon-Fri.

agree.

thunderkyss
12-03-2010, 07:38 PM

I'll go with that. I don't think they are as good as the Ravens.... 9-7 last year, 8-3 now.

What would it mean, if we do beat the Ravens?

Hypothetically? I don't see it happening, but if the Texans beat the Ravens, what would that mean?

thunderkyss
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM

Consistently?

To be considered consistently mediocre, we'd have to have been mediocre for at least 50% of the time we've been in existence.

We haven't.

HJam72
12-03-2010, 07:42 PM
I'll go with that. I don't think they are as good as the Ravens.... 9-7 last year, 8-3 now.

Hypothetically? I don't see it happening, but if the Texans beat the Ravens, what would that mean?

It would mean that we should have beaten, Dallas, Jax, and swept Indy. That's about all it would mean at this point.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I just saw that Mario has a sports hernia.....I feel bad now. :kubepalm:

If he's hurt, he needs to think about shutting it down. That's not something you want to mess with. Why is it every year Mario picks up some kind of nagging injury?

80tothezone
12-04-2010, 01:06 AM
P.S.

MW is 5th in the NFL among Defensive Ends in sacks. He has been playing hurt and has 0 up the middle pass rush to help him and smith out. We would be stupid to get rid of one of the few bright spots in our defense because the secondary sucks. Fix the problem and the problem aint MW.

DexmanC
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I just saw that Mario has a sports hernia.....I feel bad now. :kubepalm:

If he's hurt, he needs to think about shutting it down. That's not something you want to mess with. Why is it every year Mario picks up some kind of nagging injury?

Because a shitty defense is even shittier without him. Mario will play with
one leg if he's allowed to do so. He WILL be allowed to do so, because
Kubiak NEEDS Mario if he has ANY shot at beating bad teams, or
playoff teams who're resting starters.

Carr Bombed
12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
MW is 5th in the NFL among Defensive Ends in sacks. He has been playing hurt and has 0 up the middle pass rush to help him and smith out. We would be stupid to get rid of one of the few bright spots in our defense because the secondary sucks. Fix the problem and the problem aint MW.

WOW...lol. Somebody is late the the party. :kubepalm:

Carr Bombed
12-04-2010, 01:18 AM
edit

Norg
12-04-2010, 12:24 PM

a chance for kubes to keep his job save face on another national TV game

a chance to go 9-7 and maybe win the divison with help

play spolier and if ravens lose this game they might not win the divison

burro
12-04-2010, 01:07 PM
& what is the mindset of the players?

The sedated "whatever - it's just another game, no big deal if we lose or play bad". Every week, on both sides of the ball we send out 11 limp richards who don't seem like they even want to be there. The exceptions? AJ and Arian and what do we do? We criticize them for pimp slapping a punk who had it coming (AJ) and for acting "arrogant" when he makes a big play that makes it a one score game. (Foster) :kubepalm:

gary
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM
The coaching staff is the main problem with Mario IMHO.

thunderkyss
12-04-2010, 08:18 PM
a chance for kubes to keep his job save face on another national TV game

a chance to go 9-7 and maybe win the divison with help

play spolier and if ravens lose this game they might not win the divison

Let me put it another way.

The Texans have yet to beat a team with something to play for this late in the season. The Ravens are still trying to win their division, & may not lock it up until week 17.

If the Texans beat the Ravens (again, not likely) they will have beat a "good" team like they've never done this late in the season.

80tothezone
12-04-2010, 11:13 PM
something I will say is that kubes has done wanders for our offense.. I would love him as an OC but as a head coach who is responsible for the entire team he is a joke. When he got here our offense was a disaster our line sucked and our passing game was .... well our passing game was David Carr esque. He has helped us go from gawd horrible to less than good which is an improvement but he has kept us around 8-8 for the past 3 yrs and we need to move on. Hopefully bill cower will keep some of the things going that Kubes started and fix the atrocity that is the defense.

stingray
12-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Kubiak is cut from the same cloth as Wade Phillips. Great, great coordinators. One is an offensive genius and the other a defensive genius. Both are great guys with Texas ties. But they are both very average head coaches.

Lucky
12-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Kubiak is cut from the same cloth as Wade Phillips. Great, great coordinators. One is an offensive genius and the other a defensive genius. Both are great guys with Texas ties. But they are both very average head coaches.
Wade Phillips coached 5 playoff teams in 9 years as a head coach. I agree that Wade could be described as an average head coach. Gary Kubiak is not at that level.

Thorn
12-05-2010, 07:49 AM
The dilemma for a lot of us is that we want a coaching change, but we’re not willing to wish a loss on the team to get it. We want the Texans to win, but we also want a new head coach. Kubiak has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he isn’t a head coach.

thunderkyss
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
something I will say is that kubes has done wanders for our offense.. I would love him as an OC but as a head coach who is responsible for the entire team he is a joke. When he got here our offense was a disaster our line sucked and our passing game was .... well our passing game was David Carr esque. He has helped us go from gawd horrible to less than good which is an improvement but he has kept us around 8-8 for the past 3 yrs and we need to move on. Hopefully bill cower will keep some of the things going that Kubes started and fix the atrocity that is the defense.

I don't know.... our offense has been looking David-Carr-esque for much of this year. Think 2002-2003ish.....

Shaub isn't throwing the ball until the receiver is wide the heck open, we're seeing Andre have to stop for what should be touchdown passes, because the ball is coming out late.... or DBs & LBs having time to make-up for their mistakes. You can see all our receivers stop, turn, wait, ball get's batted away since their defender had time to recover.

Then there are the balls thrown in the dirt......

thunderkyss
12-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Wade Phillips coached 5 playoff teams in 9 years as a head coach. I agree that Wade could be described as an average head coach. Gary Kubiak is not at that level.

I know we all tend to overstate the level of talent we have on our team.

But look at the teams Wade has coached.... the talent was undeniable. Much more so, than what we've got. Top ten offense.... top ten defense..... just not a lot of play-off wins.

Texas T
12-05-2010, 12:11 PM
The dilemma for a lot of us is that we want a coaching change, but we’re not willing to wish a loss on the team to get it. We want the Texans to win, but we also want a new head coach. Kubiak has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he isn’t a head coach.

You just hit the nail on the head-and hard.
I really think we need some new coaching for our team, and I know to get that Kubs will have to have an under .500 season, and I just can't bring myself to hope my team looses.
I have no idea what to do, so I'll do what I always do and root for the good guys to win and everything will play itself out.

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Let me put it another way.

The Texans have yet to beat a team with something to play for this late in the season. The Ravens are still trying to win their division, & may not lock it up until week 17.

If the Texans beat the Ravens (again, not likely) they will have beat a "good" team like they've never done this late in the season.

The Texans are 4-13 under Kubiak against Playoff teams.

I think I remember all of the wins.

'06 Colts - "The Christmas Eve Miracle"

'07 Jags - They rested all their starters, and the Texans beat them by scoring
something like 42 points in the final game of the season.

'08 Titans - This was the 13-12 game. The Titans talked about how
that game was "The Texans' Superbowl."

'09 Patriots - The Pats treated the game like a glorified scrimmage, and
the Texans played as if their lives were on the line, also the final game
of the season.

So. The Texans have beaten ONE playoff team per year, since
Kubiak has gotten here. ALL of the victories came against teams
who didn't give a damn. The Texans are 1-5 in their last SIX games,
the ONLY win against a Titans team that Q-U-I-T.

Get Kubiak's ass outta here.

Texas T
12-05-2010, 12:19 PM

I think I remember all of the wins.

'06 Colts - "The Christmas Eve Miracle"

'07 Jags - They rested all their starters, and the Texans beat them by scoring
something like 42 points.

'08 Titans - This was the 13-12 game. The Titans talked about how
that game was "The Texans' Superbowl."

'09 Patriots - The Pats treated the game like a glorified scrimmage, and
the Texans played as if their lives were on the line.

who didn't give a damn. The Texans are 1-5 in their last SIX games,
the ONLY win against a Titans team that Q-U-I-T.

Get Kubiak's ass outta here.

I bet we beat that this year-already beat the Colts and Chiefs-both of which look like playoff teams. Now if we can beat the Ravens...

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I bet we beat that this year-already beat the Colts and Chiefs-both of which look like playoff teams. Now if we can beat the Ravens...

Neither of those teams are playoff teams, yet.

Texas T
12-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Neither of those teams are playoff teams, yet.

I get that-thats the reason I said they "look like" playoff teams.
My thought was more toward-not thinking that they would really beat the Ravens.

thunderkyss
12-05-2010, 02:57 PM

who didn't give a damn.

Counting the Colts..... if we beat the Ravens Monday night, that would be two.....

Does that change anything? Would that mean the Texans are any better?

If the Chiefs make the play-offs..... would that make 3???

would that mean anything?

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Counting the Colts..... if we beat the Ravens Monday night, that would be two.....

Hell no. Nothing has changed at all. No team has yet clinched a playoff
berth, and Kansas City has the Chargers and Raiders bearing down
on them. No team in the AFC West is guaranteed to make the playoffs
at this time.

Look at how I broke down their 4-13 record. The fact this team can NOT
beat playoff teams who NEED VICTORIES stares you in the face. That
is FAILURE over a 4+-season period.

Texecutioner
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM

I seriously laugh every time you guys keep acting like Kubes has done these wonders with this offense. He hasn't done anything close to that. Before this year and last year he was the dumbest play calling RZ coach I had literally ever seen. Just last season alone he put all of his trust in Chris Brown on the GL twice and then had him throw a pass after he had been horrible all season down there which put the Texans out of the playoffs. He also kept this great talent in Foster out of the lineup all season when our RB's struggled all season, and Foster was just sitting around waiting.

The fact that this team for the last THREE seasons has had so many games where the offense is awful for one half and then great another half is NOT the production of a coach that has done wonders with an offense. Kubes has a pretty good QB and the best WR in the league and when you have that you can have pretty average pieces around that and still have a pretty good offense. Kubiak is literally one of the worst offensive coaches I've ever seen and I'd never want that dude as my OC. Sure he can put on offense together that can pad some yardage stats and even get some nice PPG averages, but his decision making in the clutch is some of the worst I've ever seen from any coach. When we need to run he always wants to pass, when we have no running game like we did in the first two seasons with him he constantly wanted to run the ball with aging RB's that were terrible.

Calling Kubiak an offensive Guru is one of the biggest football myths I've heard anywhere and no one outside of a Texans fan base refers to Kubiak as that.

Rey
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Winning games that matter to other teams doesn't mean anything to me.

We beat the Bears when they were trying to get into the play-offs a couple years ago.

It means absolutely 0.

When the Texans start winning games that WE need, then it'll matter.

When the Texans start doing a better job within the division, then it'll matter.

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Winning games that matter to other teams doesn't mean anything to me.

We beat the Bears when they were trying to get into the play-offs a couple years ago.

It means absolutely 0.

When the Texans start winning games that WE need, then it'll matter.

When the Texans start doing a better job within the division, then it'll matter.

Clinching a "non-losing" season, or our first "winning" season didn't matter?

thunderkyss
12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Look at how I broke down their 4-13 record. The fact this team can NOT
beat playoff teams who NEED VICTORIES stares you in the face. That
is FAILURE over a 4+-season period.

Calm down, calm down..... Just trying to make sense of it all.

Are you saying there is no way we beat the Ravens? or do you think the Ravens don't count, since they may not make the play-offs? (they're 8-3 with the Steelers, Houston, Saints, Cleveland & Cincinatti left to play)

Carr Bombed
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM

No, not really and I hated the way they celebrated it too. It was celebrating medocrity.....which is one of the reasons why we have the problems that we do today. We are content with the status quo and have absolutely zero foresight when it comes to planing for future hurdles.

The Jets were 9-7 and made it all the way to the AFC Championship game......then they were one of the most active offseason teams.

The Houston Texans were 9-7, didn't make the playoffs....had the "We're freaking winners BOB!!!" speech and then sat on their collective asses during free agency and didn't really look to improve their roster.

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Calm down, calm down..... Just trying to make sense of it all.

Are you saying there is no way we beat the Ravens? or do you think the Ravens don't count, since they may not make the play-offs? (they're 8-3 with the Steelers, Houston, Saints, Cleveland & Cincinatti left to play)

It already makes perfect logical sense. Anything that supports Kubiak
returning as head coach is illogical. We have five years of evidence.

If Baltimore still has a Wildcard berth, or division championship un-clinched,
the Texans will not win. They've NEVER, under Kubiak, beaten an un-clinched
playoff team. Doing it for the first time, FIVE YEARS IN, is far too late.

imatexan
12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
It already makes perfect logical sense. Anything that supports Kubiak
returning as headcoach is illogical. We have five years of evidence.

If Baltimore still has a Wildcard berth, or division championship unclenched,
the Texans will not win. They've NEVER, under Kubiak, beaten an unclenched
playoff team.

I will translate Dex's posts:

"Kubiak sucks and better be gone, any one who disagrees is wrong and should not say what they think"
:handshake:

Not saying you are wrong, just predictable.

You probably have swayed my opinion a bit on firing kubiak, I must admit. I still am on the fence but Bush must go!

DexmanC
12-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I will translate Dex's posts:

"Kubiak sucks and better be gone, any one who disagrees is wrong and should not say what they think"
:handshake:

Not saying you are wrong, just predictable.

You probably have swayed my opinion a bit on firing kubiak, I must admit. I still am on the fence but Bush must go!

I never said Kubiak should go because I said so. I say Kubiak should go, because
the evidence says so. The evidence I speak of, is enumerated in almost all
my Kubiak-must-go posts. There is an intense desire, on my part, to use logic to support
my arguments regarding Kubiak.

I was one of Kubiak's strongest supporters. Sometimes, you just have
to admit that 1+1 really DOES equal 2.

Texecutioner
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM

What's funny is that a lot of people that bash some of your posts literally have no idea how strong you were of a Kubiak supporter at one point. The minute you slapped yourself in the face though, you completely changed and wanted no more of what you saw and you haven't budged one bit ever since. I respect that a lot more than the folks who act like football experts, but change their stances every week depending on whether or not the Texans win or lose. Those are those hind sight types of fans that swing either way depending on what's the popular opinion. I was getting trashed before season 3 for telling folks that Kubiak was a bad coach and that Rick Smith was lousy. It's been funny to see certain folks finally jump off the wagon on the coaching staff while others refuse simply because this guy coaches the Texans. I'll never understand it honestly. It's like some people feel like Kubes is their brother because he got hired here or something. He's not different than a guy who coaches in Oakland or Baltimore. I've never understood the unconditional loyalty to a guy you've never worked with or met just because you want him to pan out.

JB
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
What's funny is that a lot of people that bash some of your posts literally have no idea how strong you were of a Kubiak supporter at one point. The minute you slapped yourself in the face though, you completely changed and wanted no more of what you saw and you haven't budged one bit ever since. I respect that a lot more than the folks who act like football experts, but change their stances every week depending on whether or not the Texans win or lose. Those are those hind sight types of fans that swing either way depending on what's the popular opinion. I was getting trashed before season 3 for telling folks that Kubiak was a bad coach and that Rick Smith was lousy. It's been funny to see certain folks finally jump off the wagon on the coaching staff while others refuse simply because this guy coaches the Texans. I'll never understand it honestly. It's like some people feel like Kubes is their brother because he got hired here or something. He's not different than a guy who coaches in Oakland or Baltimore. I've never understood the unconditional loyalty to a guy you've never worked with or met just because you want him to pan out.

I know you don't intend it, but this post is all over the place. First you praise Dex for changing his mindset, (because it agrees with yours?), then you bash those that change their minds. Then you bash the steadfast (those who don't agree with you?) for not changing their minds.

Texecutioner
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
I know you don't intend it, but this post is all over the place. First you praise Dex for changing his mindset, (because it agrees with yours?), then you bash those that change their minds. Then you bash the steadfast (those who don't agree with you?) for not changing their minds.

That's not what I did at all.

I had a lot of arguments with Dex about Kubiak and Smith for a long time and he'll tell you that. He was just as strong of a supporter as you at one point, but when he saw enough it was enough. He didn't flip flop based off of what he saw week in and week out in year 4. At that point you know what you're going to get. I had a lot of arguments with plenty of folks two years ago about this current regime in Kubiak's 3rd season. At the end of the day, Kubiak and company have proven me correct over and over again. That's not what I wanted either. I wanted to be wrong, but I had zero confidence in that happening and I've been spot on regarding these coaches and this GM who shouldn't have ever been hired in the first place over here after Casserly screwed us over. Kubiak was nothing but a hot name when we needed a new coach and should have never had the unconditional support that he has gotten up to this point and for some reason still is getting. He's never proven anything to have this support from you guys, but you still give it to him because you think he's a nice guy and you don't even know him personally.

I know that you want this guy to succeed and want to feel like he's the right man for the job. I've heard this same song dance for years now. I've been cursed out over it on this site for it. But you're arguing for a guy that has nothing in his corner to say that he should be a HC anywhere. He's only proven the opposite and if you're fine with not winning and wanting a "nice coach" then just say so. No arguments from me then. Kubes is your guy. That's seems to be what you want and what your criteria is in a HC. Mine is about a guy who can take this team to a SB and make them a consistent winner. You and I have two different perspectives for what we want out of our team.

Rey
12-05-2010, 10:30 PM

No.

Not to me. I was not celebrating or feeling happy about getting to 9-7 and missing out on the play-offs.

Overall, the team was very inconsistent during that 9-7 run.

I can understand losing games. I can't understand a team that comes out far too often and simply looks unprepared.

houstonspartan
12-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I never said Kubiak should go because I said so. I say Kubiak should go, because
the evidence says so. The evidence I speak of, is enumerated in almost all
my Kubiak-must-go posts. There is an intense desire, on my part, to use logic to support
my arguments regarding Kubiak.

Yeah, anyone who doubts you should search your posts from a year ago. You were Mr. Kubiak. lol.

But, no one twisted your arm to convince you the other way. You're a grown-ass man and came to your own conclusions on your own.

ensign_lee
12-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Before y'all go off on Kubes, Schaub, Mario, whatever flavor of the week it is to hate on...

Remember how much everyone hated Dunta last year? Remember how everyone wanted Jacques Reeves off this team because he couldn't turn his head around?

Well...think about how much you miss them now.

Now, think about that. Don't you think it's possible you could run Kubiak/Schaub/Mario/goat of the week out of town and then regret it later?

Getting rid of the things that are working is not how you succeed. Things can always get worse. Think about how you'd feel if you were a Panthers fan, totally unable to compete every week. That was US four years ago: 2-14, remember?

Everyone relax. Just because the Falcons struck gold and turned their team around in 2 years doesn't mean that every team can achieve the same success in the same time frame. The Bucs took what...30 years to turn around? THIRTY YEARS.

Are there problems on this team? God, yes. But are we terrible in every aspect of the game? No. Careful throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

GP
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Before y'all go off on Kubes, Schaub, Mario, whatever flavor of the week it is to hate on...

Remember how much everyone hated Dunta last year? Remember how everyone wanted Jacques Reeves off this team because he couldn't turn his head around?

Well...think about how much you miss them now.

Now, think about that. Don't you think it's possible you could run Kubiak/Schaub/Mario/goat of the week out of town and then regret it later?

Getting rid of the things that are working is not how you succeed. Things can always get worse. Think about how you'd feel if you were a Panthers fan, totally unable to compete every week. That was US four years ago: 2-14, remember?

Everyone relax. Just because the Falcons struck gold and turned their team around in 2 years doesn't mean that every team can achieve the same success in the same time frame. The Bucs took what...30 years to turn around? THIRTY YEARS.

Are there problems on this team? God, yes. But are we terrible in every aspect of the game? No. Careful throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

St. Louis Rams are 6-6. With a rookie QB, and an AWFUL previous season. And hardly any playmakers on that entire offense and defense.

Still feel good about your post? You shouldn't.

HTown2ATX
12-06-2010, 08:38 AM
St. Louis Rams are 6-6. With a rookie QB, and an AWFUL previous season. And hardly any playmakers on that entire offense and defense. :kubepalm: :kubepalm: :kubepalm: :kubepalm:

Sitting in my truck while it's running in a closed garage and it's NOT WORKING!!!!!

:gun:

Surreal McCoy
12-06-2010, 08:45 AM

Excellent post. Will be funny watching everyone label you a Kubiak apologist simply for using an ounce of common sense.

GP, I've no quarrel with you but I do have to ask something. Do you honestly believe that just because you mention the post you are not attacking the poster?

ensign_lee
12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
St. Louis Rams are 6-6. With a rookie QB, and an AWFUL previous season. And hardly any playmakers on that entire offense and defense.

If we were in the NFC West, we'd be an 11-5 team every year. So yeah, I do feel good about my post.

I still have the gawdawful memories of 2-14 in my head.

HOU-TEX
12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Welp, this season was ripe for the taking and we pissed it away. We're going to let the friggin Jags take the division? Good grief! Having the division wide open this season and completely laying an egg should open McNair's eyes. Then again, who the heck knows what McNair's going to do?! Love the guy, but damn, it's a business and you should do what ever it takes to be successful!

DexmanC
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
If we were in the NFC West, we'd be an 11-5 team every year. So yeah, I do feel good about my post.

I still have the gawdawful memories of 2-14 in my head.

I doubt that's correct. Kubiak does best against coaches who
don't know how to scheme against his offense. He's beaten
the coaches of the AFC South less than 10 times in 5 years.

We played against the AFC South last year. We almost got beat
by Vernon Davis catching the same route OVER AND OVER. Survived
against San Francisco. We got beat by the Cardinals, who put
the game away in the first half and went to sleep. The Rams
almost beat us, and they had no quarterback and no wide receiver.
We played the Seahawks when the season was over for them, and
they probably would beat us this year. If you guys remember,
this was the "We Wubs Kubes" game, when the players attributed
their victory over the Seahawks to Kubiak's Saturday Night Speech.
BullScheize.

Kubiak just doesn't beat teams who have Superbowl aspirations.

jshabang
12-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Welp, this season was ripe for the taking and we pissed it away. We're going to let the friggin Jags take the division? Good grief! Having the division wide open this season and completely laying an egg should open McNair's eyes. Then again, who the heck knows what McNair's going to do?! Love the guy, but damn, it's a business and you should do what ever it takes to be successful!

this

i am livid lookin at the state of the colts and state of the titans.......Manning finally lookin human.....and fisher losing control of his QB and team......and the texans with all there weapons basically gave up a golden oppurtunity to take a division that would have been easy to take even if we were average.....so performing below average and squandering this golden oppurtunity is the ultimate kick in the nuts to me.....

becuz u can almost guarantee that the colts wont play this bad again next year....so this wasted oppurtunity is extremely hard for me to swallow.......the colts or titans usually take this division yearly with 12-13 wins or more....the year it doesnt take us 13 games to win the division....we stumble mid season ....go 1-5 in our last 6 and watch the Jags have the guts to take over and take advantage of this situation....painful stuff man....painful stuff

thunderkyss
12-06-2010, 12:28 PM

Thing about it, by "everyone's" definition, John Fox is a good coach. He's gotten the Panthers to the play-offs several times. NFC Championship game even.

But he stinks now, gotta go.

This is not in defense of Kubiak, just saying. I don't care what happens to Kubiak at this point, I just want this team to win.

thunderkyss
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM

Ahhhh... to be in the NFC West.....

:kitten:

Thorn
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Ahhhh... to be in the NFC West.....

:kitten:

Actually, with the current state of the AFC South, we could be doing better there as well.

thunderkyss
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I doubt that's correct. Kubiak does best against coaches who
don't know how to scheme against his offense. He's beaten
the coaches of the AFC South less than 10 times in 5 years.

We played against the AFC South last year. We almost got beat
by Vernon Davis catching the same route OVER AND OVER. Survived
against San Francisco. We got beat by the Cardinals, who put
the game away in the first half and went to sleep. The Rams
almost beat us, and they had no quarterback and no wide receiver.
We played the Seahawks when the season was over for them, and
they probably would beat us this year. If you guys remember,
this was the "We Wubs Kubes" game, when the players attributed
their victory over the Seahawks to Kubiak's Saturday Night Speech.
BullScheize.

Kubiak just doesn't beat teams who have Superbowl aspirations.

Just want you to know.......

I can't argue with that.

wagonhed
12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
GP, I've no quarrel with you but I do have to ask something. Do you honestly believe that just because you mention the post you are not attacking the poster?
Out of your 49 posts, I've seen you attacking other fans in at least 10 of them. Pot meet kettle.