PDA

View Full Version : Officially half my life now

sandmanx
12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
I turned 34 today, so now it's officially half my life since a Houston team went to the playoffs in the NFL. It still shocks me that I was in attendance to the last playoff game in Houston history when I was a junior in high school. I remember being a young, dumb teenager thinking we would beat Joe Montana back then, and when we didn't, there is always next year...

Damn, how did we turn into Cleveland?
:kubepalm:

TexansFight
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
I tell everyone the same thing. 17 years and counting brother. Last time we had a Houston team in the NFL playoffs was in 1994. I was a freshman in college. I am 35 now. FML.

Kimmy
12-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I turned 34 today, so now it's officially half my life since a Houston team went to the playoffs in the NFL. It still shocks me that I was in attendance to the last playoff game in Houston history when I was a junior in high school. I remember being a young, dumb teenager thinking we would beat Joe Montana back then, and when we didn't, there is always next year...

Well, Birthday! Obviously the 'Happy' left in the 4th quarter :(

midway
12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm 31. I remember that game like it was yesterday. 14 years old, sitting at home on my parents bed (they had the only tv) just KNOWING that the Oilers were going to win.

Then again I also remember how my 13 year old life came crashing down after the Oilers-Bills game.

Norg
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
94 was the last time Huh

i think i was in 4th Grade Elemantary school

LOL

TexansFight
12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
It's actually worse than Cleveland. The "new" Browns made it to the playoffs in Butch Davis' 2nd year if I remember correctly.

AnthonyE
12-03-2010, 01:42 AM
I tell everyone the same thing. 17 years and counting brother. Last time we had a Houston team in the NFL playoffs was in 1994. I was a freshman in college. I am 35 now. FML.

I was 4 years old. Wasn't even aware of football until 2 years later when I went to my first game.

TD
12-03-2010, 06:58 AM
The older I get, the more it starts to sink in that there's a real possibility of dying without seeing Houston in the Super Bowl. :(

b0ng
12-03-2010, 07:23 AM
I have discovered drugs since the Texans have been in the playoffs, so it's not all bad.

HJam72
12-03-2010, 08:36 AM
OMG, I just figured out what Houston's football problem is!!! I need to get laid! You guys gotta help me!....for the team!

HTown2ATX
12-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Or Detroit?

HOU-TEX
12-03-2010, 08:42 AM
94 was the last time Huh

i think i was in 4th Grade Elemantary school

LOL

Did you graduate?

2slik4u
12-03-2010, 08:47 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I was eleven. That means its been well over half my life.

:mariopalm:

mridge01
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM

Thanks for making me feel old and depressed all at the same time. I'm the same age and God I can't believe it's been 17 years, but it sure feels like it I guess.

jaayteetx
12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I watched that game as a young Marine in my barracks in Millington,TN. Yep, long azz time ago.

Texan_Bill
12-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, I'm 29 therefore it's been more than half of my life. :foottap:

:runaway:

hobie
12-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Well, I'm 29 therefore it's been more than half of my life. :foottap:

:runaway:

Maybe in dogyears you are

Dutchrudder
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I lived in Cleveland until 1997, then my family moved to Houston. So I wasn't even a Houston fan during the NBA championships with Hakeem, and the Browns made the playoffs once that I can remember (1994). Not only that, but I lived through the loss of the Browns to Baltimore, thanks to Art Model, and instead moved to a city that was in the process of losing their NFL team too. So I essentially had no NFL team to follow or root for until 2002, although I was able to root against the Ravens every time they played, but that didn't work out too well either...

Oh, and I went to Texas A&M from 2003-2007 and suffered through the Franchione years.

So there, beat that Mr. Depressed Football Fan.

FirstTexansFan
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Lets see, Oiler Fan since '67, zero Super Bowls to show for that... Texans fan from day one, no playoffs or Super Bowls... That's 43yrs of suckitude... I'm either a masochist, or those darned drugs fried my brain... oh thank heaven for chemically induced euphoria :)

Doppelganger
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I was 13 years old at the time.