PDA

View Full Version : Seriously

mridge01
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
After Foster scored his 2nd TD in the 3rd quarter he did NOT see the ball again the rest of the game. Was he hurt? WTF. Did I miss something. I didn't waste my time watching this crappy team, but he's on my fantasy team so I checked his status right after that TD and sure enough, exact same stats as at the end of the game.

CretorFrigg
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Ha ha.

It's the wrong time to ask about your fantasy team after a loss like this.

Texanmike02
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
After Foster scored his 2nd TD in the 3rd quarter he did NOT see the ball again the rest of the game. Was he hurt? WTF. Did I miss something. I didn't waste my time watching this crappy team, but he's on my fantasy team so I checked his status right after that TD and sure enough, exact same stats as at the end of the game.

I hope we realize that we are not going to the playoffs and shelf Foster. I hope that then you get pissed and don't draft him next year, that the guy who does draft him plays you in your all important fantasy superbowl and foster runs for 250 yards with 5 td's.

Go somewhere else and ask about fantasy stuff.

Mike

Kimmy
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
I hope we realize that we are not going to the playoffs and shelf Foster. I hope that then you get pissed and don't draft him next year, that the guy who does draft him plays you in your all important fantasy superbowl and foster runs for 250 yards with 5 td's.

Go somewhere else and ask about fantasy stuff.

Mike

We're all pissed now .. let's not turn on each other. And besides, FF may be the ONLY place a Texan will see a Superbowl :worldpeace:

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:11 AM
I don't give a crap about the Texans anymore, I've long given up on them. I only point that out as a problem. Unless you guys think it's perfectly normal for a coach not to give his playmaker the ball in the 4th quarter.

El Tejano
12-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Duane Brown was false starting and we got sacked. We played against a defense unlike our opponents get to. Their defense kept putting us in 2nd and longs.

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:14 AM
I don't give a crap about the Texans anymore, I've long given up on them. I only point that out as a problem. Unless you guys think it's perfectly normal for a coach not to give his playmaker the ball in the 4th quarter.

Then don't come back in 3 years when we're on a SB run and cry about being "a fan since the beginning".

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Ha ha.

It's the wrong time to ask about your fantasy team after a loss like this.

You know what makes FF fun? Cheering for individual players. I have DeSean Jackson AND the Philly defense on my fantasy team. I also have Santonio Holmes and the Jets D. 2 weeks ago, I benched Holmes and the Jets D. Tonight I benched Jackson and the Philly D. It's about having fun. If all you care about is money, don't be a fan of a team. I can't cheer for Santonio Holmes to get me a win when I want my Texans to win. I won't start the Philly defense when I want Schaub and Foster to run all over their opponent.

Be a fan. If it's about money, then at least keep your mouth shut on this board.

DoCRoN
12-03-2010, 12:19 AM
in 3 years when we're on a SB run

lol. i just have to lol @ this (for right now).

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Then don't come back in 3 years when we're on a SB run and cry about being "a fan since the beginning".

:rofl:lol::rolleyes:

CretorFrigg
12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
You know what makes FF fun? Cheering for individual players. I have DeSean Jackson AND the Philly defense on my fantasy team. I also have Santonio Holmes and the Jets D. 2 weeks ago, I benched Holmes and the Jets D. Tonight I benched Jackson and the Philly D. It's about having fun. If all you care about is money, don't be a fan of a team. I can't cheer for Santonio Holmes to get me a win when I want my Texans to win. I won't start the Philly defense when I want Schaub and Foster to run all over their opponent.

Be a fan. If it's about money, then at least keep your mouth shut on this board.

Was this directed towards me? :confused:

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM

Typical Texans fan. Gloss right over the bigger problem that the best player on the team didn't get a single touch in the 4th quarter. Ya'll may not think so, but that is a huge problem IMHO.

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Was this directed towards me? :confused:

It's directed toward anyone who starts players against the Texans in the hopes to get them a win. Is that you?

Texanmike02
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM

Good. I am glad I don't have to embrace you as a "Texans Fan". I don't give a crap about your fantasy team. Now you voluntarily came here to a TEXANS SITE. We of course did not realize that we would have our days interrupted by your 'urgent' fantasy question. I hope you never win a FF game again. In fact since my season is over would you sent me a list of your players so I at least have some people to root against?

Mike

CretorFrigg
12-03-2010, 12:24 AM
It's directed toward anyone who starts players against the Texans in the hopes to get them a win. Is that you?

No. I was just confused 'cause you quoted me. :truck:

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Typical Texans fan. Gloss right over the bigger problem that the best player on the team didn't get a single touch in the 4th quarter. Ya'll may not think so, but that is a huge problem IMHO.

So...are you an A-typical Texans fan? Andre Johnson is the best player on the team and got a sh*t-ton of looks. When you're playing from down 4 and down 10 with less than 5 minutes left, your RB is NOT going to get a lot of looks. Period.

dtran04
12-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Arian won't last very long. He gets enough touches as it is.

By the way, he led the league in touches before this game....

bckey
12-03-2010, 12:27 AM

I heard this before when Capers was about to get fired. We are all fans. Its just some are really tired of the same crap for 9 years. Its very frustrating.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Good. I am glad I don't have to embrace you as a "Texans Fan". I don't give a crap about your fantasy team. Now you voluntarily came here to a TEXANS SITE. We of course did not realize that we would have our days interrupted by your 'urgent' fantasy question. I hope you never win a FF game again. In fact since my season is over would you sent me a list of your players so I at least have some people to root against?

Mike

I never asked a question, I was stating a fact. The best player on the team was not getting any looks in the 4th quarter and your mom is on my fantasy team.

CretorFrigg
12-03-2010, 12:31 AM
I never asked a question, I was stating a fact. The best player on the team was not getting any looks in the 4th quarter and your mom is on my fantasy team.

I think I heard that joke in middle school!

:banana:

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:34 AM

Why the hell else would you watch a Texans game? At least you'd have something to root for.

mridge01
I think I heard that joke in middle school!

:banana:

I agree it was lame.

midway
kubiak is keeping foster fresh for the playoffs lol :kubepalm:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/Suavey077/Guiness-Brilliant.jpg

run-david-run
12-03-2010, 02:04 AM

We only had one regular drive in the 4th quarter. The Eagles had two long TD drives, and when we got it again, we were down 10 with 4 minutes to go and in passing mode.
He probably should have gotten it in that one drive after the Eagles re-took the lead, but it's understandable that he didn't I think.

Texanmike02
12-03-2010, 08:13 AM

For the record I am coming up on the 1 year anniversery of my mothers death. We can talk football or we can talk sports, hell we can even talk shit on here. I enjoy all of it. If however we're going to start bringing up relatives, I have a brother, a father a son and an ex-wife that are all alive. And I've got more ex-wife jokes than anyone you know. I don't tell them or mother jokes or jokes about anyone that I don't know to be alive because every time someone says "your mom", even innocently, I get the image of watching her die. Sure its not your responsibility to not offend me, I'm good with that but I will be in houston on December 30th however and if we are going to talk about dead relatives, I suggest we do it in person. I'll even buy the beer. Before you go all "Oh man I was just making a momma joke", save it. Unless you're in middle school there is really no reason to make a joke like that. Perhaps we should stick to football, or even fantasy football?

Mike

b0ng
12-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Why the hell else would you watch a Texans game? At least you'd have something to root for.

You are seriously a ****ing ***** and we do not give a shit about your ~`++`=`~Fantasy Team~`=`++`~.

The offense wasn't the gigantic white elephant in the room yesterday it was the defense. Now please kindly shut the **** up and go back to posting youtube comments with your football insights and spare us.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 09:48 AM
For the record I am coming up on the 1 year anniversery of my mothers death. We can talk football or we can talk sports, hell we can even talk shit on here. I enjoy all of it. If however we're going to start bringing up relatives, I have a brother, a father a son and an ex-wife that are all alive. And I've got more ex-wife jokes than anyone you know. I don't tell them or mother jokes or jokes about anyone that I don't know to be alive because every time someone says "your mom", even innocently, I get the image of watching her die. Sure its not your responsibility to not offend me, I'm good with that but I will be in houston on December 30th however and if we are going to talk about dead relatives, I suggest we do it in person. I'll even buy the beer. Before you go all "Oh man I was just making a momma joke", save it. Unless you're in middle school there is really no reason to make a joke like that. Perhaps we should stick to football, or even fantasy football?

Mike

Yes I already agreed that was lame by me. My apologies.

buddyboy
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM

You already admitted you didn't watch the game, so why are you arguing so vehemently? The situation demanded that we pass. We scored the TD, and from then on out we were either in long yardage situations or we were down by too much with too little time.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 10:16 AM
You already admitted you didn't watch the game, so why are you arguing so vehemently? The situation demanded that we pass. We scored the TD, and from then on out we were either in long yardage situations or we were down by too much with too little time.

Ummm... I was following my player. Also, why does the situation demand going pass wacky when your down only 3 points with the entire fourth quarter to go? Did you go to the Kubiak school of playcalling?

JB
12-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Ummm... I was following my player. Also, why does the situation demand going pass wacky when your down only 3 points with the entire fourth quarter to go? Did you go to the Kubiak school of playcalling?

You're calling people out when you didn't watch the game or know what the score was?

:kubepalm:

People don't care about your stupid fantasy team. If you want to talk about how Kubiak screwed your FF team over, take it to the fantasy forum.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM
You're calling people out when you didn't watch the game or know what the score was?

People don't care about your stupid fantasy team. If you want to talk about how Kubiak screwed your FF team over, take it to the fantasy forum.

How do I not know the score? It was 27-24 with most of the fourth quarter to go. Also I know how to use the internet. If you click on this little thing called a boxscore you can find out some pretty neat stats.

JB
12-03-2010, 10:29 AM
How do I not know the score? It was 27-24 with most of the fourth quarter to go. Also I know how to use the internet. If you click on this little thing called a boxscore you can find out some pretty neat stats.

It was 24-20 entering the 4th...

mridge01
12-03-2010, 10:31 AM
It was 24-20 entering the 4th...

And... then it was 27-24 with like 10 minutes to go. What's your point?

mridge01
12-03-2010, 10:33 AM
You are seriously a ****ing ***** and we do not give a shit about your ~`++`=`~Fantasy Team~`=`++`~.

The offense wasn't the gigantic white elephant in the room yesterday it was the defense. Now please kindly shut the **** up and go back to posting youtube comments with your football insights and spare us.

Fair enough, but you should care about the fact that Kubiak refuses to give the ball to one of his best playmakers in the entire fourth quarter, which was the reason for my post to begin with. Forget about the fact Arian's on my fantasy team. It's ridiculous he never even touched the ball after the 3rd quarter.

Texas T
12-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Fair enough, but you should care about the fact that Kubiak refuses to give the ball to one of his best playmakers in the entire fourth quarter, which was the reason for my post to begin with. Forget about the fact Arian's on my fantasy team. It's ridiculous he never even touched the ball after the 3rd quarter.

But they did get the ball to the best player, in that situation, Andre Johnson...

mridge01
12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
But they did get the ball to the best player, in that situation, Andre Johnson...

Touche. But I did say one of the best playmakers. Arian is clearly the other.

DBCooper
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Stats don't tell a football game, you have to watch the game.

This attitude is why I don't play FF, individuals are put above the team, it's all about the team.

Ckw
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Geez, chill out guys.

I understand you are all frustrated about the shitty state of our team but give the guy a break.

He makes a good point that it is ridiculous we didn't give the ball more to Foster when that was about the only thing that was working on offense and was what got us the lead.

Just because he mentions his fantasy team doesn't mean you need to tear him a new asshole.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Geez, chill out guys.

He makes a good point that it is ridiculous we didn't give the ball more to Foster when that was about the only thing that was working on offense and was what got us the lead.

Thanks, that's really all I'm trying to say. Believe me I'm more frustrated about the Texans losing that my fantasy football team, but I just cannot bring myself to watch this team week after week only to be subjected to the same treatment. What was it that Benjamin Franklin said about the definition of insanity?

Texan_Bill
12-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Touche. But I did say one of the best playmakers. Arian is clearly the other.

NO, what you said was:

Gloss right over the bigger problem that the best player on the team didn't get a single touch in the 4th quarter.

Andre is clearly the best player on the team.

Way to crawfish, though!

Runner
12-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks, that's really all I'm trying to say. Believe me I'm more frustrated about the Texans losing that my fantasy football team, but I just cannot bring myself to watch this team week after week only to be subjected to the same treatment. What was it that Benjamin Franklin said about the definition of insanity?

That was Einstein.

However, this team has avoided making the big change with Kubiak for two years now. After that, all this other repitition should be expected.

mridge01
12-03-2010, 12:34 PM
That was Einstein.

However, this team has avoided making the big change with Kubiak for two years now. After that, all this other repitition should be expected.

Both are credited with the phrase, but Franklin was around first so I always defer to him.