PDA

View Full Version : im done with schaub

Pages : [1] 2

ATXtexanfan
12-02-2010, 11:20 PM
always underthrows balls down field, throws a pick to a DT on a screen (how does that happen), then skips a ball to a guy 8 yards away. goodbye kubes, schaub, rick smith, and frank bush.

mattieuk
12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
always underthrows balls down field, throws a pick to a DT on a screen (how does that happen), then skips a ball to a guy 8 yards away. goodbye kubes, schaub, rick smith, and frank bush.

I'm not sure if I'm done with Schaub, but his inability to run a simple 5 yarder in open space is really pissing me off.

panamamyers
12-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Schaub has had the traits of a loser since the day he got here.
He just has absolutely no traits that a winner has.

He folds up under pressure. He never rises to the occasion. He just simply is not very good, bless his heart. He tries.....
He just is not good.

b0ng
12-02-2010, 11:28 PM
How bout now?

Showtime100
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Let's fix the transmission first (Kubes & Co)

GP
12-02-2010, 11:30 PM
LOL. It is such a kick in the nuts to be a fan of this team.

Can't wait to hear all the noise on here about how much better we looked, blah blah blah...

Always down by 14+ points in first half, always coming from behind.

But screw it. Nothing matters. Squeeze your butt cheeks and brace yourself for the inevitable kick to the nuts.

BSofA04
12-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, it's Scaub's fault for the defense sucking dick all game.:foottap:

Sarcarms...:bender:

Mr. Texan
12-02-2010, 11:33 PM
no qb could win many games with a defense this historically bad

GuerillaBlack
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Schaub has led us on too many comebacks and has shown he is a leader for me to give up on him. But, he does make too many dumb mistakes at times.

VTexan
12-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Shaub just doesn't have that strong of an arm.

BullNation4Life
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
no qb could win many games with a defense this historically bad

True but under throwing a WIDE OPEN Andre Johnson, throwing picks to the damn defensive lineman, skipping the ball 3 yards from the receiver sure in the hell doesn't help either....

ArlingtonTexan
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
The problem is not Schuab isn't good enough ( he is not a difference maker) , it is the real fact that he is still better than what at least half of the league is trotting out there. Schaub's average to good at times act has Houston in a stuck mode. The answer with this type of dude is to get a near perfect team around him. And we know that has not worked so well.

texan279
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
His INT in the first half only resulted in 3 points. Hard to win any game when your defense gives up 34 points.

Pantherstang84
12-02-2010, 11:37 PM

He folds up under pressure. He never rises to the occasion. He just simply is not very good, bless his heart. He tries.....
He just is not good.

Never really thought of that until now but you are right. He is not clutch. When the shinola hits the fan he runs for cover.

Mr. Texan
12-02-2010, 11:39 PM
True but under throwing a WIDE OPEN Andre Johnson, throwing picks to the damn defensive lineman, skipping the ball 3 yards from the receiver sure in the hell doesn't help either....

schaub makes mistakes but...

schaub is not brady
schaub is not manning
schaub is not bress
schaub is not rivers.

he is a solid qb who needs a running game and a good defense to be successful.

if we even had a DECENT defense the texans would be leading the afc south and this thread wouldn't even be here

DexmanC
12-02-2010, 11:42 PM

schaub is not brady
schaub is not manning
schaub is not bress
schaub is not rivers.

if we even had a DECENT defense the texans would be leading the afc south and this thread wouldn't even be here

Problem is, this defense usually has to play the entire first half by itself.
That's not a good recipe to victory. This offense can't sustain a drive
until WELL INTO the third quarter.

SouthSideTexan
12-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! You suck!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he fumbled......no wait.... I can. Why does this crap always happen to us?

WTF

ThaShark316
12-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Schaub guards TEs? Lmfao at these retards

texanhead08
The same story as every week we play one half of football. Until they play 60mins this is what we are going to get.

panamamyers
If the team can't see that Schaub is a loser by now then they deserve what they get. They can cut him loose now and get started with the rebuild or they can give him 4 more years and wallow in mediocrity for those four years then start the rebuild.

I cannot think of a single quarterback out there that I wouldn't rather have.

To have the talent he has around him and to still be 10th in the league in ppg.

The team wins in spite of him, not because of him.

BullNation4Life

schaub is not brady
schaub is not manning
schaub is not bress
schaub is not rivers.

Schaub is barely Jay Cutler.....

GuerillaBlack
12-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Shaub just doesn't have that strong of an arm.

His arm definitely isn't the problem. He has to know WHEN to throw.

ThaShark316
12-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Problem is, this defense usually has to play the entire first half by itself.
That's not a good recipe to victory. This offense can't sustain a drive
until WELL INTO the third quarter.

Like the last 3 games huh? Lmao come on son

burro
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Being better than Carr isn't enough. Like I said in the gameday thread, Schaub is the on field extension of Kubiak - a par at best, natural loser.

fiasco west
12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
The problem is not Schuab isn't good enough ( he is not a difference maker) , it is the real fact that he is still better than what at least half of the league is trotting out there. Schaub's average to good at times act has Houston in a stuck mode. The answer with this type of dude is to get a near perfect team around him. And we know that has not worked so well.

Bingo.

If you want to get rid of your QB you better be making an improvement. Or else you risk the team completely sucking again...remember David Carr?

Matt is not the problem, Football is a team game and Matt would look much better if the defense could prevent teams from scoring every once in a while.

TheMatrix31
Dude, Schaub has done some incredible, INCREDIBLE things here. He's regressed big-time though since his security blanket got hurt last year.

Ryan
If the team can't see that Schaub is a loser by now then they deserve what they get. They can cut him loose now and get started with the rebuild or they can give him 4 more years and wallow in mediocrity for those four years then start the rebuild.

You, my friend, don't know anything.

Mr. Texan
12-02-2010, 11:52 PM
wow, such a backlash to schaub from texans fans.

schaub may not be top tier elite but there is not a better qb we can get.

CharloTex
12-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Let's fix the transmission first (Kubes & Co)

I agree with the original poster. Schaub in fact is part of this year's problem. But there's no denying that Schaub is serviceable, at least. Let's fix the coaching staff, and see if they want to keep, or trade Schaub.

Let Bill Cowher decide.

BullNation4Life
12-02-2010, 11:56 PM
wow, such a backlash to schaub from texans fans.

schaub may not be top tier elite but there is not a better qb we can get.

I'll take Kevin Kolb right now, straight up....Kid may be raw but he has a better arm than Schaub does by a country mile...

Here is a little proof and notice Maclin didn't have to wait on the ball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1YZjiGkkag

Also Kolb can run for a first down....

GuerillaBlack

He just is not good.

*shakes head and walks away*

JCTexan
Matt Schaub is not the problem. The defense has given up thirty points in six of their last eight games. One of the two they didn't give up 30 was San Diego who scored 29 against this defense. The only victory Houston has that they didn't score over thirty was to Tennessee last week. Matt Schaub or the Texans offense is not the problem. You can't expect to win many games if the defense is giving up 30+ points every week.

hradhak
I agree that Schaub has had his problems this year. He hasn't been as consistent. But seriously, he has to have a flawless game for us to win with the way our defense is playing. Right now he's low on the list of problems right now.

Spled
Schaub can play, but he was under 10 times the heat Vick was under.

TexCanada
Schaub really made me angry when he cried about that "hands to the head" non-call. There was nothing there at all. I was watching the game with my buddy who is an Eagles fan and I was seriously embarrassed after that play. If you don't want to get touched, don't play the game.

Mr. White
12-02-2010, 11:57 PM
If you want to get rid of your QB you better be making an improvement. Or else you risk the team completely sucking again...remember David Carr?

That's why I will never EVER ***** about about a competent QB.

He's not Elway or Montana, but he doesn't need to be.

Even Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl for crisakes.

GuerillaBlack
12-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Schaub really made me angry when he cried about that "hands to the head" non-call. There was nothing there at all. I was watching the game with my buddy who is an Eagles fan and I was seriously embarrassed after that play. If you don't want to get touched, don't play the game.

I've seen many QBs whine about that kind of call.

JCTexan
12-02-2010, 11:58 PM
I agree with the original poster. Schaub in fact is part of this year's problem. But there's no denying that Schaub is serviceable, at least. Let's fix the coaching staff, and see if they want to keep, or trade Schaub.

Let Bill Cowher decide.

If Cowher comes here the last thing I want him to replace is the offense. If he just fixes the defense this will be an elite team.

BullNation4Life
12-02-2010, 11:59 PM
That's why I will never EVER ***** about about a competent QB.

He's not Elway or Montana, but he doesn't need to be.

Even Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl for crisakes.

Trent Dilfer also had THE BEST DEFENSE in 2000 and I believe the NFL leading rusher in Jamal Lewis that year. He didn't have to do anything....

TheMatrix31
12-02-2010, 11:59 PM

It's not about him getting hit violently. It's about consistency. If his jersey said Manning/Brees/Brady, you bet your ****ing sweet ass they call it.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM

The second time there was very little contact but the first time Cole came with a hard fore arm to the head and the ref just stood there. That is suppose to be a 15 yard penalty every time and it hasn't been getting called league wide....

Saw the same this happen to Manning against NE

Hervoyel
12-03-2010, 12:02 AM

schaub is not brady
schaub is not manning
schaub is not bress
schaub is not rivers.

I think this is just true. Schaub has limitations that can be schemed around but he's not going to carry anybody on his shoulders. He does a lot with not much in the way of tools. He doesn't have a strong arm. He isn't particularly accurate, and he's certainly not mobile. He isn't (consistently) clutch and makes bad decisions under pressure.

If you can protect him, provide him with a running game, and have a defense that can hold their own then Schaub won't kill you but if you can't do that or don't have those things (or won't use them from time to time for no particular reason other than that you're the smartest coach in the room) then he can be a liability at times.

We have a lousy defense so we're done from the get-go regardless of all of that. "Least of our problems" is a good description of Matt Schaub. If our biggest real problem was rectified then Schaub's maddening play would be a just a minor irritant.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
It's not about him getting hit violently. It's about consistency. If his jersey said Manning/Brees/Brady, you bet your ****ing sweet ass they call it.

against NE, Manning didn't get the call when he got hit which is why it is very inconsistent

97roc
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Bingo.

Matt is not the problem, Football is a team game and Matt would look much better if the defense could prevent teams from scoring every once in a while.

Yahtzee... There are far more trades made for or draft picks spent on other position needs other than QB.

Mr. White
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Trent Dilfer also had THE BEST DEFENSE in 2000 and I believe the NFL leading rusher in Jamal Lewis that year. He didn't have to do anything....

He already has the NFL's leading rusher. His defense is nowhere close.

He's still better than most starting QB's.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM
He already has the NFL's leading rusher. His defense is nowhere close.

He's still better than most starting QB's.

:pissed: he is still irritating as hell to watch....

texan279
12-03-2010, 12:06 AM

So you are telling me you would take Derek Anderson or JaMarcus Russell over Schaub? OK then.....

Mr teX
12-03-2010, 12:07 AM
I think this is just true. Schaub has limitations that can be schemed around but he's not going to carry anybody on his shoulders. He does a lot with not much in the way of tools. He doesn't have a strong arm. He isn't particularly accurate, and he's certainly not mobile. He isn't (consistently) clutch and makes bad decisions under pressure.

If you can protect him, provide him with a running game, and have a defense that can hold their own then Schaub won't kill you but if you can't do that or don't have those things (or won't use them from time to time for no particular reason other than that you're the smartest coach in the room) then he can be a liability at times.

We have a lousy defense so we're done from the get-go regardless of all of that. "Least of our problems" is a good description of Matt Schaub. If our biggest real problem was rectified then Schaub's maddening play would be a just a minor irritant.

See this is the problem i have with some in here. Not saying you Hervey, but aside from 3-4 qbs in the league, all qbs are bothered by these things. Why is that looked at as a problem that only he has?

& For the record, he made many plays with pressure bearing down on him. You're not going to make them all. The guy also almost never gets a short field to work with either. I just can't fathom why some in here think that every team has a manning/brady under center that is immune to pressure.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:08 AM
So you are telling me you would take Derek Anderson or JaMarcus Russell over Schaub? OK then.....

no, but I would trade for Kevin Kolb in heartbeat.....

TexansFight
Schaub reminds me of Chris Chandler. Both are legitimately good QBs. However, neither would ever be considered franchise QBs.

Ghostform
If Shaub makes better decisions and throws to keep drives extended we wouldnt have to see our shit defense.

Norg
12-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Matty will get another year with or without Kubes

SInce he a a Major Cop out he plays on a team that has the worst D in history

and a new OC this year

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Peyton or Brady get that call.

BullNation4Life
See this is the problem i have with some in here. Not saying you Hervey, but aside from 3-4 qbs in the league, all qbs are bothered by these things. Why is that looked at as a problem that only he has?

& For the record, he made many plays with pressure bearing down on him. You're not going to make them all. The guy also almost never gets a short field to work with either. I just can't fathom why some in here think that every team has a manning/brady under center that is immune to pressure.

It's not that, it's the dumb, mental mistakes Schaub makes consistently that irritate folks. Instead of running for the wide open first down again for the second week, he tries to throw it on the run and skips it or throws a uncatchable ball that kills a drive. Constantly holding on to the ball far too long, under throwing receivers constantly....

and this is just to name a few....

Mr teX
If Shaub makes better decisions and throws to keep drives extended we wouldnt have to see our shit defense.

:mariopalm:

TheMatrix31
LOL. Trading Schaub for Kevin Kolb.

JCTexan
12-03-2010, 12:15 AM

Don't people realize that he was only the starter for the Eagles the first two weeks before losing his spot to Vick? Schaub is one of the last players Houston should be replacing. The offense is constantly scoring twenty points a week. If the defense would hold the other team with less than thirty this team would win a lot more games.

stingray
12-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Draft Ryan Mallett and trade Matt for a third rounder.

Mr teX
It's not that, it's the dumb, mental mistakes Schaub makes consistently that irritate folks. Instead of running for the wide open first down again for the second week, he tries to throw it on the run and skips it or throws a uncatchable ball that kills a drive. Constantly holding on to the ball far too long, under throwing receivers constantly....

I get it, but i just can't get on a guy when every time he hits the field, he absolutely has to lead his team down for a TD or its pretty much all over. Sometimes you need another facet of the team to pick you up. How about a TD return special teams? How about an int and a short field D? I mean truthfully, the guy always has to drive 75 + yards to score. Manning & Brady don't even do that stuff.

BullNation4Life

YUP in a heartbeat....

Has a far better arm and has already shown he can win games in the limited time he got to play....

you LOL but that kid is gonna get traded somewhere and be a winner and we Texans fans will be stuck with a QB that cannot even hit a WR in stride....

Texanmike02

You weren't happy with Vick's first backup. So you want to try this one?

Mike

fiasco west
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Next thread. Matt is far from the problem.

You want to talk about overrated players, talk about Pollard. The 30 yard pass the Jackson caught(which led to Philly getting the lead) was solely because he ran right past Pollard like he wasn't even there.

I still have faith in Pollard (not as a everydown guy), but I think he is a big reason our secondary is playing how they are.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:20 AM
I get it, but i just can't get on a guy when every time he hits the field, he absolutely has to lead his team down for a TD or its pretty much all over. Sometimes you need another facet of the team to pick you up. How about a TD return special teams? How about an int and a short field D? I mean truthfully, the guy always has to drive 75 + yards to score. Manning & Brady don't even do that stuff.

That I will agree on, he does get the short end of the stick when it comes to field position, but fact remains, he makes far too many mental mistakes that kill drives for his team. That is something you don't see Manning, Brady or even Brees and Rivers make and if he wants to be in that class, he needs to find a way to eliminate those mistakes....

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
You weren't happy with Vick's first backup. So you want to try this one?

Mike

ha, Vick's second backup has a far better arm and can move around a bit better in the pocket, but yeah they are basically the same player I guess...

Mr. Texan
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
That I will agree on, he does get the short end of the stick when it comes to field position, but fact remains, he makes far too many mental mistakes that kill drives for his team. That is something you don't see Manning, Brady or even Brees and Rivers make and if he wants to be in that class, he needs to find a way to eliminate those mistakes....

he's not that class of qb....not even kolb is.

:kubepalm:

how about we get a defense first.

BullNation4Life

You want to talk about overrated players, talk about Pollard. The 30 yard pass the Jackson caught(which led to Philly getting the lead) was solely because he ran right past Pollard like he wasn't even there.

I still have faith in Pollard (not as a everydown guy), but I think he is a big reason our secondary is playing how they are.

already have in the Bearnard Pollard thread.... 8 red zone TDs given up by ol' "BoneCrusher" and 0 picks

97roc

Agree...

So KC was on to something regarding Pollard. Fantastic in the box, oustide... ehhh.. not so much.

TexanBacker93
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Schaub has led us on too many comebacks and has shown he is a leader for me to give up on him. But, he does make too many dumb mistakes at times.

I have to agree with that. He can make the plays, but he has extremely poor pocket awareness and doesn't protect the ball. Sometimes I just wish he could at least slide around in the pocket, but I know he doesn't always have anywhere to go because his starting C is usually 4 yards in the backfield.

JB
12-03-2010, 12:23 AM

He just is not good.

One of the guidelines for posting here is to attack the post, not the poster.

This has to be one of the worst posts ever. Obviously, whoever penned this abomnimation of a post has never watched any Texans football over the last 3 years...

Right now, I am nail spitting mad, and pretty drunk too, but you can kiss my ass dumb****!

TexanBacker93
12-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Agree...

So KC was on to something regarding Pollard. Fantastic in the box, oustide... ehhh.. not so much.

Get Pollard to start overtraining, put some weight on him and make him a LB. He isn't a starting caliber S for an NFL team.

Of course we don't field an NFL defense so maybe he's ok here.

CretorFrigg
12-03-2010, 12:25 AM
Get Pollard to start overtraining, put some weight on him and make him a LB. He isn't a starting caliber S for an NFL team.

Of course we don't field an NFL defense so maybe he's ok here.

Pollard would make an amazing WLB if he bulked up...now THERE's a thought.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:25 AM
he's not that class of qb....not even kolb is.

how about we get a defense first.

must return the :kubepalm: with 2 :kubepalm::kubepalm: for lack of reading comprehension....

Never said he was in that class in fact I think I said he would not be in that class due to the constant mental mistakes that not even Manning, Brady or Brees and Rivers make that kill drives for their teams....

Mr. Texan
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
must return the :kubepalm: with 2 :kubepalm::kubepalm: for lack of reading comprehension....

Never said he was in that class in fact I think I said he would not be in that class due to the constant mental mistakes that not even Manning, Brady or Brees and Rivers make that kill drives for their teams....

you're comparing him to those qb's.

why compare him to brady or manning? hes not those type of qb's so why should their name be brought up?

yall want schaub to be flawless to overcompensate for a TERRIBLE defense? i can't believe this logic

Norg
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
How about Charlie Batch or Dennis dexion ????????????? AJ freely ????

Dat backup from the jets carson Palmer

U know who i would jump on right now VY yup hate him all u want VY does win

utahmark
12-03-2010, 12:29 AM

he was'nt getting that first down. Just because an announcer says something does'nt make it so.

texan279
12-03-2010, 12:29 AM
he was'nt getting that first down. Just because an announcer says something does'nt make it so.

Agreed, and even if he had completed that pass to Walter I believe he was short of the first down marker anyway.

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Schaub can't run from the sidelines and stop a 3rd and 19. Why the Schaub hate tonight?

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM

the hell he wasn't there was nobody around him for 7 yards, he only needed 4. Could have easily ran and slid 4 yards...

Norg
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
DO u think we need another good QB next year to at least put pressure on scahub next year

Becasue these Scrubs Dano and MattyL who came from losing teams arent going 2 do nothing IMO at least here

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:35 AM
the hell he wasn't there was nobody around him for 7 yards, he only needed 4. Could have easily ran and slid 4 yards...

You got that backwards. It was 3rd and 7. He would've gotten 4.

TheMatrix31
How about Charlie Batch or Dennis dexion ????????????? AJ freely ????

Dat backup from the jets carson Palmer

U know who i would jump on right now VY yup hate him all u want VY does win

LOL. Is this English?

And if all VY does is win, then he'd still be the QB of the Titans right now. Instead, he's injured, a locker room cancer, and a primadonna ***** who's overrated in every way, shape, and form.

BullNation4Life
you're comparing him to those qb's.

why compare him to brady or manning? hes not those type of qb's so why should their name be brought up?

yall want schaub to be flawless to overcompensate for a TERRIBLE defense? i can't believe this logic

and what kind of QB is that, Elite? I KNOW HE ISN'T and he NEVER will be with the mistakes he constantly makes. What the hell is so hard about understanding that logic? Schaub could EASILY be ranked up there with those QBs if he wasn't constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes...

:kubepalm::mariopalm::wadepalm:

fiasco west
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Agree...

Pretty much sums him up, good defensive player though. Texans need a DC that realizes this, Pollard should not play on what looks to be passing down. Steelers and Ravens have situational players, works out just fine for them.

One other thing, Flacco and Sanchez are not elite QBs either, look at where their teams are at. Garrard is far from that, in fact if VY was still QB for the Titans he'd be the worst QB in the division IMO and yet his team is leading the division.

Matt is a above average QB and give him protection and weapons he will go to work. Funny thing is, all this about Schaub when the Texans have to go out and score 30 nearly every game to win.

Nevermind our DTs never get pressure. Our Safeties can't cover anything. Our LBs just seem undisciplined and outside of Cushing and Meco can't tackle.

I'm done with this defense.

TexCanada
12-03-2010, 12:36 AM

You guys are right. I shouldn't be complaining about Schaub's whining, I should be complaining about the rule, because I hate it.

Mr. White
12-03-2010, 12:37 AM

I've seen every Eagles game so far this season. Believe me now and hear me later....no you wouldn't.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:38 AM
You got that backwards. It was 3rd and 7. He would've gotten 4.

ok what ever, I'll go back and look at that one he skipped to Walter but last week he had a chance and threw a fast ball off of Foster's head where he could have ran and continued the drive...

utahmark
12-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I think we should probably keep our players that are above average and worry about replacing our players that are below average.

Norg
12-03-2010, 12:40 AM
LOL. Is this English?

And if all VY does is win, then he'd still be the QB of the Titans right now. Instead, he's injured, a locker room cancer, and a primadonna ***** who's overrated in every way, shape, and form.

Hes really not injured and he just hates Fiser

We need some cancer on this team anywayz ??????????

BullNation4Life
I'm done for the night, I'll let yall have at it. Time to wake up the wife and relieve some stress...

Hope her headache is gone....

DerekLee1
ok what ever, I'll go back and look at that one he skipped to Walter but last week he had a chance and threw a fast ball off of Foster's head where he could have ran and continued the drive...

Hey, don't hate on me. I'm with you; I think Schaub should be placed in Don Beebe's House of Speed in the offseason. I'm just saying he wouldn't have made it even if he'd TRIED to run.

hradhak
12-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Pretty much sums him up, good defensive player though. Texans need a DC that realizes this, Pollard should not play on what looks to be passing down. Steelers and Ravens have situational players, works out just fine for them.

One other thing, Flacco and Sanchez are not elite QBs either, look at where their teams are at. Garrard is far from that, in fact if VY was still QB for the Titans he'd be the worst QB in the division IMO and yet his team is leading the division.

Matt is a above average QB and give him protection and weapons he will go to work. Funny thing is, all this about Schaub when the Texans have to go out and score 30 nearly every game to win.

Nevermind our DTs never get pressure. Our Safeties can't cover anything. Our LBs just seem undisciplined and outside of Cushing and Meco can't tackle.

I'm done with this defense.

Sanchez looks good because his defense is solid. Same with Flacco. Put Schaub on those teams and I imagine they'd win more games. I would say that Schaub is a top 10 QB, and that's more than enough to win in the NFL. But no QB, not Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, (insert hall of famer here) can win when his defense gives up 30+ pts. per game. It's just not possible.

I imagine that this year, Schaub's stats would be even better if our defense could give him the ball more often. The fact of the matter is our defense can't stop anyone and so the offense is never on the field.

Mr. Texan
12-03-2010, 12:41 AM
and what kind of QB is that, Elite? I KNOW HE ISN'T and he NEVER will be with the mistakes he constantly makes. What the hell is so hard about understanding that logic? Schaub could EASILY be ranked up there with those QBs if he wasn't constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes...

what the hell is so hard to understand that schaub is not elite but still a solid qb? very few qb's in nfl HISTORY rank up to manning or brady so why compare?

i can't believe people are looking at one of the worse defenses in nfl HISTORY and are trying to act like schaub is the one to blame.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Hey, don't hate on me. I'm with you; I think Schaub should be placed in Don Beebe's House of Speed in the offseason. I'm just saying he wouldn't have made it even if he'd TRIED to run.

no not hating, just got plays blurred together, so many bad plays they kind of all run together not....

here, have one on me:barman:

Brisco_County
12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Stupid thread. Schaub's a great quarterback. When he has an open receiver, he puts it on the money.

Even Manning throws one pick a game. The OP is just being petulant.

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 12:46 AM
what the hell is so hard to understand that schaub is not elite but still a solid qb? very few qb's in nfl HISTORY rank up to manning or brady so why compare?

i can't believe people are looking at one of the worse defenses in nfl HISTORY and are trying to act like schaub is the one to blame.

Because he could be elite, that is the frustrating part of the whole dam thing. He stops making stupid mistakes constantly that kill drives, he can be elite. The comparison comes form other ELITE Qbs who do not makes those mistake, thus they are ELITE. It is that simple. This is the same QB that led the NFL last season in yardage, so he can throw the ball, he just makes the dumb mistakes.

Schaub isn't to blame but when he does dumb ass thing like he did tonight and has this season, he helping the cause either....

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
no not hating, just got plays blurred together, so many bad plays they kind of all run together not....

here, have one on me:barman:

I've had my share of vodka shots tonight, but I'll take a raincheck!

TheMatrix31
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Stupid thread. Schaub's a great quarterback. When he has an open receiver, he puts it on the money.

The whole fanbase is petulant.

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:49 AM
would say that Schaub is a top 10 QB, and that's more than enough to win in the NFL. But no QB, not Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, (insert hall of famer here) can win when his defense gives up 30+ pts. per game. It's just not possible.

Oh, they can "win". Just not consistently. Manning and Brady will win shootouts from time to time. But the Pats and Colts are at their best when their defenses are solid. We don't even have a mediocre D.

TexCanada
12-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Because he could be elite, that is the frustrating part of the whole dam thing. He stops making stupid mistakes constantly that kill drives, he can be elite. The comparison comes form other ELITE Qbs who do not makes those mistake, thus they are ELITE. It is that simple. This is the same QB that led the NFL last season in yardage, so he can throw the ball, he just makes the dumb mistakes.

Schaub isn't to blame but when he does dumb ass thing like he did tonight and has this season, he helping the cause either....

I don't think Schaub can be elite. He is definitely a very good QB, but I don't think he will ever have the on-field awareness to be elite. I'm not done with Schaub, but I wouldn't mind drafting a guy who we could groom for a couple of years. Replacing Schaub at this point would be nearly impossible.

JamesBill
12-03-2010, 12:52 AM

So when he skipped it to Kevin Walter who was 8 yards away? What happened there?

fiasco west
12-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Sanchez looks good because his defense is solid. Same with Flacco. Put Schaub on those teams and I imagine they'd win more games. I would say that Schaub is a top 10 QB, and that's more than enough to win in the NFL. But no QB, not Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, (insert hall of famer here) can win when his defense gives up 30+ pts. per game. It's just not possible.

I imagine that this year, Schaub's stats would be even better if our defense could give him the ball more often. The fact of the matter is our defense can't stop anyone and so the offense is never on the field.

Yeah I 100% agree. Was just pointing out to those that want to get rid of the QB that even if Matt was average (I think he's better than that) it's not all on him.

Matt isn't perfect, but I just want to warn some of you...some teams (Bills...Raiders...) have been looking for a decent QB for a while now. Are you guys sure you want to go back to that?

I'm fine with Matt. He's better than at least half of the league and we can't completely forget the year he had last season.

hradhak
12-03-2010, 12:53 AM

I would say that part of the reason that Schaub doesn't look elite is that he has no room for error. If he makes a mistake as every QB does in this league his team loses since they (defense) can't make up for the mistakes.

If Peyton or Brady makes a mistake, it can get covered by the rest of his team.

I agree that Schaub has some head scratchers, but his defense is so awful they can't hand him the ball back after he does make a mistake.

fiasco west
12-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I would say that part of the reason that Schaub doesn't look elite is that he has no room for error. If he makes a mistake as every QB does in this league his team loses since they (defense) can't make up for the mistakes.

If Peyton or Brady makes a mistake, it can get covered by the rest of his team.

I agree that Schaub has some head scratchers, but his defense is so awful they can't hand him the ball back after he does make a mistake.

Rep for this one. Who else felt like once the Texans did not respond to the Vick TD that put the Eagles up by 3 that it was a done deal? Because we all knew, deep down we knew the Eagles would march right down the field and go up by 10.

hradhak
12-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Matt isn't perfect, but I just want to warn some of you...some teams (Bills...Raiders...) have been looking for a decent QB for a while now. Are you guys sure you want to go back to that?
God no.

I'm fine with Matt. He's better than at least half of the league and we can't completely forget the year he had last season.

Amen. He's certainly capable enough for us to win in this league, but like anyone else in this league he needs a supporting cast (defense) to do so.

Texanfan4ever
12-03-2010, 12:57 AM

Are you seriously blaming Matt for the problems??? I dont have anything else to say!! I am done and going to bed. Not going to deal with ridiculous blame!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

DerekLee1
12-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Rep for this one. Who else felt like once the Texans did not respond to the Vick TD that put the Eagles up by 3 that it was a done deal? Because we all knew, deep down we knew the Eagles would march right down the field and go up by 10.

Exactly. After his mistake (which was a fluke, not a bad decision), he only led the team back to a 24-20 LEAD. And someone wants to throw him under the bus?

Rep.

Texanfan4ever
12-03-2010, 12:59 AM
We have had no defense for HOW MANYGAMES!!!!!! Seriously you are going to put it on Matt??????

hradhak
12-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Are you seriously blaming Matt for the problems??? I dont have anything else to say!! I am done and going to bed. Not going to deal with ridiculous blame!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

No, I think what he's saying is that Schaub got screwed by the bad no call. Schaub got tomahawked in the helmet and Brady, etc would have gotten the call. If you're going to call it for Manning, you have to call it for Bruce Gradkowski, David Carr, and anyone else in the damn league who's a QB.

TheMatrix31
12-03-2010, 01:03 AM

Where in God's name did you get that from my post?

Norg
12-03-2010, 01:04 AM
DIdnt Denver had a very bad D for like the last two years of the shanny era there

Its like the exact same thing is happening here

Texanfan4ever
12-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Where in God's name did you get that from my post?

Hey Matrix!!!! I am sorry! U had the raw end of the deal!!!

hradhak
12-03-2010, 01:11 AM
DIdnt Denver had a very bad D for like the last two years of the shanny era there

Its like the exact same thing is happening here

They did and Shanny wouldn't switch the D coordinator out so he got canned.
Denver's defense under Shanny was never really all that great after the Super Bowl seasons.

Vinnie
12-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Defense lost this game, end of story. Good night, and Miller Lite.

Brisco_County
12-03-2010, 01:31 AM
So when he skipped it to Kevin Walter who was 8 yards away? What happened there?

He saw a second defender coming up to jump the route, which wasn't apparent from the live camera angle, but was in replay. Throwing it high enough for Walter to catch was risking a pick six. Throwing it to Walter's feet was his way of throwing it away.

run-david-run
12-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm not sure if I'm done with Schaub, but his inability to run a simple 5 yarder in open space is really pissing me off.

watch that play again ( I assume you're talking about the third down where he skipped it to Walter), there's a safety unblocked right at the 1st down line in front of him. There's no way he's picking that up unless he turns into Vick for a play. This team has many problems. Schaub does sometimes add to them, but he's right behind Andre and Arian at the bottom of the list of people we need to replace.

run-david-run
12-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Never really thought of that until now but you are right. He is not clutch. When the shinola hits the fan he runs for cover.

Seriously? He's led us to two wins in the final minute this season. He's not perfect by any means. But what exactly is clutch if not that 4th and 10 conversion to Andre or that drive against KC?

run-david-run
12-03-2010, 01:46 AM

You do know he threw for 4,700 yards last year with an average line and one of the worst rushing games in the NFL, right? Do you people even read what you write? I'm almost embarrassed to be in the same fan base as some of you people.
We gave up 30+ points again. We lost the game because we gave up a 3rd and 19. We couldn't stop a draw play to save our lives.
But it's Matt's fault. I don't even like the guy that much, but you're just so wrong that I can't help but defend him.

ObsiWan
12-03-2010, 01:47 AM

Actually, Manning has thrown NINE picks in his last four games. They lost three of those four. Every time Manning faces a tough D, he struggles. (See San Diego, New England).

Rex Ryan figured out how to shut down Tom Brady in NYJ v. NE I. It'll be interesting to see if that works again in the rematch this Sunday.

My point?
All QBs can be stopped. It's just does your squad have the defensive personnel/scheme/coaching to get it done?

It took a perfect game by Cutler (one of his few) and the stud Bears defense (and their ability to pressure Vick with just their front four) to beat Vick & the Eagles. We don't have the Bears' defense (or even anything remotely close) and Schaub didn't pitch a perfect game.

run-david-run
12-03-2010, 01:48 AM
You do know he threw for 4,700 yards last year with an average line and one of the worst rushing games in the NFL, right? Do you people even read what you write? I'm almost embarrassed to be in the same fan base as some of you people.
We gave up 30+ points again. We lost the game because we gave up a 3rd and 19. We couldn't stop a draw play to save our lives.
But it's Matt's fault. I don't even like the guy that much, but you're just so wrong that I can't help but defend him.

Just re-read that. That wasn't mostly addressed at you Hervoyel, although it definitely comes off that way. More aimed at the one you were quoting. One too many for me it seems.

Kulluminatii
12-03-2010, 01:58 AM
:lol: @ this thread.

Some of you guys would SERIOUSLY consider trading Schaub for a backup/project like Kolb? The dude may not be an elite QB, maybe not even a Top 10 QB...but the guy is good enough to help you win games if your D was at least somewhat competent. I could understand wanting to draft a QB in this year's draft to groom behind Schaub, but to give up on Schaub completely is just ridiculous.

worldlyman
12-03-2010, 02:00 AM
Too much nitpicking on an offense and QB that are under constant pressure due to a catastrophicially bad defense.

Too much haterade to consider the overall body of work done by Schaub.

Tonight? 330 yds and 2 TDs on the road. Every QB will make an unfortunate mistake. Schaub's only thrown 8 picks this year.

Schaub led two excellent time consuming drives in the 3rd to get the 24-20 lead!

And at some point, a stinging Eagles defense will come to play as well...that's why a good NFL team NEEDS balance, namely a defense that can at least make its share of stops...which the Texans defense cannot do enough of.

Was it Schaub's fault that the special teams allowed the Eagles to start on their 40? Was it Schaub who allowed a 30yd pass play on that drive to allow the Eagles to grab the 27-24 lead just a bit later?

The defense has to do better than that, better than 3rd-19 defense! There's a difference between 34-24 and 30-24 in the closing minutes of a game, you know.

Simple-minded, knee jerkers don't always see the dynamics of a game. I mean, really, we'll just go to Wal-Mart and grab a "mediocre" QB because Schaub sucks that bad to some people? Because he might miss a hot read here and there?

This is what panamamyers essentially suggests? Rid ourselves of Schaub in order to get a mediocre QB? Hey, we can still lobby for Vince Young, right? Kerry Collins might be there for the taking if not. Talk to Bud up there...let's see!

Schaub's got some issues but he's NOT THE issue.

He produced great clutch moments to go ahead against the Redskins, Chiefs and Jets...just barely missed on getting ahead of the Chargers...and this is after many porous moments by a defense that allows close to 30 points a game!

If the defense could have prevented Chargers' no-name receivers from Pro-Bowl performances.

If the defense could have stopped Sanchez with 50 seconds and no timeouts on the Jets' 25.

If the defense could have held the Eagles to a field goal on 3rd and 19, Schaub could have had an opportunity for another clutch drive!

And Schaub is supposed to be Superman? This season cannot be blamed on Schaub as such. We'd be hard-pressed to see P. Rivers do as much with a defense SO bad.

TheMatrix31
12-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Excellent, excellent post. Schaub had a shitty game, underthrew/overthrew, made mistakes, whatever....but man, what ridiculousness.

"I'm done with Schaub", lmfao. What nonsense.

ThaShark316
12-03-2010, 02:14 AM
This threads hilarious.

So easy to pile on. Is what it is though...these people lost me after the win over KC.

If you have a problem with the state of the team/franchise, voice that shit, but the over the top ridiculous comments are the killers for me.

worldlyman
12-03-2010, 02:32 AM

"Loser?" This IS a loser post. Actually it's been Schaub that carried the Texans to about half the wins this year. Without him they lose to KC and DC. Hell, Schaub had the Jags ready for OT and Jets BEATEN...if not for...ah, well.

phantom17
12-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Hahaha! I'm more DONE with this doofus Defence, than Schaub!:roast:

Texanator
12-03-2010, 07:07 AM
It's Frank Bush you should be done with. Shuab is doing a decent/ good job and has been. No QB completes 100%. However The D seem to have an inate ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory over and over and over.

panamamyers
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM

Is Jamarcus Russell starting somewhere?
I don't think there's a nickel's worth of difference between Jason Campbell, Bruce Gradkowski and Matt Schaub though.

Thorn
12-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Schaub is WAY far down on the list of things to be concerned about for this team. There are much bigger fish to fry long before we get to Schaubby boy.

panamamyers
12-03-2010, 08:57 AM
"Loser?" This IS a loser post. Actually it's been Schaub that carried the Texans to about half the wins this year. Without him they lose to KC and DC. Hell, Schaub had the Jags ready for OT and Jets BEATEN...if not for...ah, well.

Put the stats down.
Look at what Schaub does on the field. He lacks the heart and the stomach for it.

The sooner people quit looking around fo excuses and realize that Schaub just doesn't have it...the sooner we can get someone in that does.

Schaub would be great on that Trent Dilfer Ravens team. He would be great on that Brad Johnson Bucs team.

Matter of fact, that's exactly who he is....he's Brad Johnson.
If as a franchise you want to hitch your wagon to Brad Johnson, then you are going to have some lean years in front of you.

BigBull17
12-03-2010, 08:59 AM
All I'm gonna say is that if you look at our team as a whole, Matt is no where near the problem.

kiwitexansfan
12-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Here is Schaub's problem.

Every time he goes on the field he knows he needs to produce points or the team is going to lose.

If he makes a mistake the team loses. If they punt the team loses.

Due to this he is pushing way to hard, is tense and anxious and things just aren't coming naturally.

The worst defense in the history of football has turned our smart game managing QB into a desperado.

panamamyers
12-03-2010, 09:02 AM
And at some point, a stinging Eagles defense will come to play as well...that's why a good NFL team NEEDS balance, namely a defense that can at least make its share of stops...which the Texans defense cannot do enough of.

You may want to just step out of the way on this whole Schaub argument.
You are taking the losing side of this argument, and you are not able to read into the situation enough to see it.

No one is asking for Schaub to be perfect. There is such a thing as winning time. that time came up there in the 4th quarter and what did Schaub have for us? A horribly underthrown choke job of a throw to Walter. It was not really surprising is the bad part. That's par for the course for him.

When I really knew we simply had a loser on our hands was last year's Cardinals game. He essentially gave them the game with that pick six.
He gave the Eagles the game with that pick before halftime. He gave the colts the game with a pick six earlier this year.

Blake
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Schaub is not the problem. He HAS proven that he is not an elite QB that some people thought he would be this year.

The problem is on the other side of the ball. Not resigning Dunta, or getting a veteran CB has really hurt this team. Also our D scheme has been behind the curve all year.

kiwitexansfan
12-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Schaub is not the problem. He HAS proven that he is not an elite QB that some people thought he would be this year.

The problem is on the other side of the ball. Not resigning Dunta, or getting a veteran CB has really hurt this team. Also our D scheme has been behind the curve all year.

No matter what you say, not giving Dunta his cash was the right decision.

Not bring back Reeves at a reasonable cost or pursuing other experienced players however is a good point.

TimeKiller
12-03-2010, 09:06 AM
LMFAO at this thread. Done with Schaub are you? Where's your replacement?

b0ng
12-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Why would you actively spend picks changing offensive personnel when the defense is as bad as it is/

panamamyers
12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
The whole Schaub situation reminds me of Jerrod Johnson at A&M.

Aggie fans LOVED Jerrod Johnson. They thought he was the second coming of John Elway over there. Everyone else in the country knew that he was horrible and that the Aggies were doing what they were doing in spite of him.

Some Aggie fans finally started to wise up and call for Tannehill to come in and take over. Other were vehemently opposed. Jerrod is not the problem they would say. Look at all those numbers he puts up. He throws for a lot of yards sometimes. Jerrod is way down the list of problems.

I wanted them to keep Jerrod in there, because I am a Longhorn fan. I knew that Jerrod did the little things that ensured that they lost more than they won. He would get a sack here, a fumble there...whatever it took to make sure they got an L.

They have a winner at qb now, and the whole entire attitude has changed on the team.

You can say what you like about us needing to fix our defense. I could find 15-20 qb's in the NFL right this second that would have us sitting at 7-5

Blake
12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
No matter what you say, not giving Dunta his cash was the right decision.

Not bring back Reeves at a reasonable cost or pursuing other experienced players however is a good point.

Yeah not getting into the Dunta debate. Our 6 corners have 8 TOTAL years of NFL experience. And 4 is from Jason Allen who was signed 2 weeks ago. So we had a total of 4 years of NFL experience from our 5 cornerbacks to start the 2010 season. Recipe for success?

texan279
12-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Too much nitpicking on an offense and QB that are under constant pressure due to a catastrophicially bad defense.

Too much haterade to consider the overall body of work done by Schaub.

Tonight? 330 yds and 2 TDs on the road. Every QB will make an unfortunate mistake. Schaub's only thrown 8 picks this year.

Schaub led two excellent time consuming drives in the 3rd to get the 24-20 lead!

Was it Schaub's fault that the special teams allowed the Eagles to start on their 40? Was it Schaub who allowed a 30yd pass play on that drive to allow the Eagles to grab the 27-24 lead just a bit later?

The defense has to do better than that, better than 3rd-19 defense! There's a difference between 34-24 and 30-24 in the closing minutes of a game, you know.

Simple-minded, knee jerkers don't always see the dynamics of a game. I mean, really, we'll just go to Wal-Mart and grab a "mediocre" QB because Schaub sucks that bad to some people? Because he might miss a hot read here and there?

This is what panamamyers essentially suggests? Rid ourselves of Schaub in order to get a mediocre QB? Hey, we can still lobby for Vince Young, right? Kerry Collins might be there for the taking if not. Talk to Bud up there...let's see!

Schaub's got some issues but he's NOT THE issue.

He produced great clutch moments to go ahead against the Redskins, Chiefs and Jets...just barely missed on getting ahead of the Chargers...and this is after many porous moments by a defense that allows close to 30 points a game!

If the defense could have prevented Chargers' no-name receivers from Pro-Bowl performances.

If the defense could have stopped Sanchez with 50 seconds and no timeouts on the Jets' 25.

If the defense could have held the Eagles to a field goal on 3rd and 19, Schaub could have had an opportunity for another clutch drive!

And Schaub is supposed to be Superman? This season cannot be blamed on Schaub as such. We'd be hard-pressed to see P. Rivers do as much with a defense SO bad.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :bravo:

b0ng
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Put the stats down.
Look at what Schaub does on the field. He lacks the heart and the stomach for it.

The sooner people quit looking around fo excuses and realize that Schaub just doesn't have it...the sooner we can get someone in that does.

Schaub would be great on that Trent Dilfer Ravens team. He would be great on that Brad Johnson Bucs team.

Matter of fact, that's exactly who he is....he's Brad Johnson.
If as a franchise you want to hitch your wagon to Brad Johnson, then you are going to have some lean years in front of you.

This "take" is patently stupid. Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer never carried the offense with their passing game. Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson didn't have defenses that were so bad they magnified any offensive mistakes that were made. Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson were never looked at as above average QB's ever, and would have never thrown for the passing title in the same year that Brady, Manning and whoever else were all playing and relatively healthy.

You say "throw out the stats" because they don't fit your explanation that is full of just cliches and hyperbole. Nobody here thinks Schaub is perfect, but when you a defense that is historically one of the worst passing defenses ever (http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/11/17/1820920/1981-baltimore-colts-vs-2010-houston-texans) then you are pretty much hosed as a QB. The fact that Schaub has cut down on his turnovers this year while keeping us a threat through the air makes me wonder if you actually watch the games or if you're just trying to get more replies to your posts.

There is no way that anybody will agree with you that the problem with this team rests on Schaub and not any one of the myriad of dumpster fires and train wrecks that we call a defense.

Get Out.

EDIT: There are exactly 3, maybe 4 QB's who could maybe win with this awful ****ing defense. Actually no, I take that back, the only QB I can think of who is keeping a great record while the pass defense is god awful is Tom ****ing Brady. There are not 15 - 20 QB's playing in this league who could win by scoring 35+ points every single game. Get the **** out of here your opinions are worthless.

Blake
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM

Aggie fans LOVED Jerrod Johnson. They thought he was the second coming of John Elway over there. Everyone else in the country knew that he was horrible and that the Aggies were doing what they were doing in spite of him.

Some Aggie fans finally started to wise up and call for Tannehill to come in and take over. Other were vehemently opposed. Jerrod is not the problem they would say. Look at all those numbers he puts up. He throws for a lot of yards sometimes. Jerrod is way down the list of problems.

I wanted them to keep Jerrod in there, because I am a Longhorn fan. I knew that Jerrod did the little things that ensured that they lost more than they won. He would get a sack here, a fumble there...whatever it took to make sure they got an L.

They have a winner at qb now, and the whole entire attitude has changed on the team.

You can say what you like about us needing to fix our defense. I could find 15-20 qb's in the NFL right this second that would have us sitting at 7-5

Guy, keep your college ball comparisons at home. This is the NFL. There are no Jerrod Johnsons here.

HJam72
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
This team has a long term deficit in terms of how many high round draft picks have been spent on the secondary. We should have Revis and one of the better, young FSs on this team and we don't. That's the problem. I can't tell you we'd be on our way to the SB, but we'd be a LOT closer to making that run. I know we got KJ in the first round, but that had to be done just to replace Robinson....and we already had a problem. I hope that KJ will get better with experience. I don't know, but we can't spend two-thirds of every draft on DTs and TEs. We need a secondary.

We will continue to have this kind of D until we get one...

panamamyers
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
This "take" is patently stupid. Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer never carried the offense with their passing game. Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson didn't have defenses that were so bad they magnified any offensive mistakes that were made. Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson were never looked at as above average QB's ever, and would have never thrown for the passing title in the same year that Brady, Manning and whoever else were all playing and relatively healthy.

You say "throw out the stats" because they don't fit your explanation that is full of just cliches and hyperbole. Nobody here thinks Schaub is perfect, but when you a defense that is historically one of the worst passing defenses ever (http://www.battleredblog.com/2010/11/17/1820920/1981-baltimore-colts-vs-2010-houston-texans) then you are pretty much hosed as a QB. The fact that Schaub has cut down on his turnovers this year while keeping us a threat through the air makes me wonder if you actually watch the games or if you're just trying to get more replies to your posts.

There is no way that anybody will agree with you that the problem with this team rests on Schaub and not any one of the myriad of dumpster fires and train wrecks that we call a defense.

Get Out.

Schaub is Brad Johnson. He's the type of guy you have fill in until a real qb gets to town.

No one is asking Schaub to be perfect. You have to be good enough to score more points than the other team. You don't see Vick crying because his defense let the Texans score twice and take a lead there in the 3rd quarter. He did what he had to do. He came back out and threw perfect passes. Schaub then came back out and choked a ball into the ground 3 feet in front of Walter on third down.

It reminded me of those catchers that have a mental block and have trouble throwing the ball back to the pitcher in baseball. I honestly felt bad for Schaub on that throw it was such a choke job.

Schaub does not have to be perfect. This offense is so good that he is in the enviable position that he just needs to make the easy throws.
He just chokes.

HJam72
12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not really upset about this loss; it's the one's to Dallas, Indy, and Jax that tick me off. None of those were excusable.

2slik4u
12-03-2010, 09:26 AM

I am completely amazed at how you guys completely give up on our best players.

Schaub:

Our pro bowl QB who has single handedly kept us in ball games due to ability to get into rythms and connect with his WR's. He led the league last year in passing and is 6th on the all time single season passing record. His previous years were "on pace" (before injury of course) to be on par with his season last year.

He has two knocks on him. He was injury prone, which he is now completely shedding that image once he finishes his second straight year without missing a game and the other knock is his lack of a rocket arm and mobility.

I do agree that he underthrows our WRs, I think more so this year than I have ever seen in the past but give me a break. I believe we have a top 10 QB in the league. We now have a running game which is why he is not posting the inflated numbers as he did last year.

I know I know, we couldnt run the ball so thats why he had 4770 yards last year. If he wasnt worth a crap, there is no way we would have went 9-7 last year and he would have not led the league in his respective categories.

It is assenine to single out our pro bowl franchise QB seeing as how we have so many other issues.

You are just looking for things to ***** at now. I know we have completely run the "defense sucks" thread into the ground but choosing to say things like this is ridiculous.

You're probably on the Mario sucks bandwagon too huh?

This board wears me out sometimes but damnit, I must get on at least five times a day to get my Texans fix.

panamamyers
12-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Guy, keep your college ball comparisons at home. This is the NFL. There are no Jerrod Johnsons here.

It's called an analogy.

The situations are identical, yet on different levels.

You have a fanbase that thinks you have bigger problems. You have a quarterback that knows how to make those mistakes at the critical points of the game that will cause you to lose.

I am sure that Texans Talk had some David Carr supporters too at the time.
I just hope that it doesn't take that long to figure out that Schaub doesn't have the goods.

texan279
12-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Schaub is Brad Johnson. He's the type of guy you have fill in until a real qb gets to town.

No one is asking Schaub to be perfect. You have to be good enough to score more points than the other team. You don't see Vick crying because his defense let the Texans score twice and take a lead there in the 3rd quarter. He did what he had to do. He came back out and threw perfect passes. Schaub then came back out and choked a ball into the ground 3 feet in front of Walter on third down.

It reminded me of those catchers that have a mental block and have trouble throwing the ball back to the pitcher in baseball. I honestly felt bad for Schaub on that throw it was such a choke job.

Schaub does not have to be perfect. This offense is so good that he is in the enviable position that he just needs to make the easy throws.
He just chokes.

When Brad Johnson was in Tampa there defense was always ranked in the top 10. Everyone knows you have to score more points than the opponent to win. But when you already know your defense is going to give up 30 points before the game starts you are already putting pressure on your offense before they take the field. No offense in the NFL should be expected to put up more than 30-35 points a game every game just to have a chance at winning. The pass to Walter, OMG. If he had put it between the 8 and 3 it would have been a pick 6 or at best Walter would have been 1-2 yards short of the 1st down. He skipped that ball to Walter on purpose to avoid the INT, just like you see other QB's throw balls at receiver's feet intentionally to avoid intentional grounding calls.

2slik4u
12-03-2010, 09:34 AM
It's called an analogy.

You have a fanbase that thinks you have bigger problems. You have a quarterback that knows how to make those mistakes at the critical points of the game that will cause you to lose.

I just hope that it doesn't take that long to figure out that Schaub doesn't have the goods.

How you managed to get 24 rep points amazes me.

b0ng
12-03-2010, 09:37 AM

Constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes while throwing for 18 touchdowns and 9 interceptions and 3000+ yards. This line of thinking is ridiculous and the fact that you want to replace him with himself (Sorry, Kolb's arm might be better in your head, but it has yet to proven consistently on the field since KEVIN KOLB CAN'T KEEP A STARTERS JOB). People talk about ball protection, Kolb certainly doesn't do that. You talk about "clutchness" and "being a winner" and Kolb is no more of a winner or is no more clutchy than Schaub is. If we are going to get rid of our QB it better be for an upgrade and not a ****ing lateral move.

Here's an idea from the same train of logic: Lets fire Frank Bush and hire Richard Smith as a DC. This can't go wrong can it?

Mailman
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM

dude, just stop. you are posting foolishness and embarrassing yourself with such nonsense. :kubepalm:

HOU-TEX
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
We have the worst defense in NFL history, yet we're going to blame Schaub for a couple boneheaded plays?

We had the ball for 3 ****in minutes in the 1st quarter due to our defense's inability to get the hell off the field! Allowing the Eagles to convert a 3rd and 19 is absolutely pathetic? Every time the Eagles completed a pass our defender was 3-5 yards away from the WR. Shitty tackling + Shitty scheming = Worst defense ever

But let's blame Schaub? Maybe AJ and Foster too since they had a couple bad plays too?

Meh, I've been partially done with this team this year. Now I'm completely done for the season. If there aren't a few heads rolling after the season, I won't be as involved with this team next season either. I consider a lot of y'all good friends so I definitely will not be leaving the board

b0ng
12-03-2010, 09:42 AM

He just chokes.

So you're going to respond to my post by re-iterating that you have no idea what you are talking about. Gotcha.

What is it about you can't rely on your offense to score 35 points a game do you not understand? Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for people? You point out ONE ****ING PLAY where Schaub skips a ball on the ground and ignore THE ENTIRE FIRST AND FOURTH ****ING QUARTERS THE DEFENSE PLAYED.

The offense is not "so good he has to make easy throws". When you are down by 10 points or more constantly that changes the complexity of the offense to dropping back back 34 to 50 times. There is no offense where you drop back that many times to pass and all of them are easy throws, that's just a retarded opinion that nobody with the IQ of Peter King or better would ever hold.

And you don't see Vick crying about his defense because HO HO HO, they can hold a team to under 25 points every once in awhile. Now go and type something really dumb again so I or one of the other great posters here can take you to task again. It's fun.

Texas T
12-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I am completely amazed at how you guys completely give up on our best players.

Schaub:

Our pro bowl QB who has single handedly kept us in ball games due to ability to get into rythms and connect with his WR's. He led the league last year in passing and is 6th on the all time single season passing record. His previous years were "on pace" (before injury of course) to be on par with his season last year.

He has two knocks on him. He was injury prone, which he is now completely shedding that image once he finishes his second straight year without missing a game and the other knock is his lack of a rocket arm and mobility.

I do agree that he underthrows our WRs, I think more so this year than I have ever seen in the past but give me a break. I believe we have a top 10 QB in the league. We now have a running game which is why he is not posting the inflated numbers as he did last year.

I know I know, we couldnt run the ball so thats why he had 4770 yards last year. If he wasnt worth a crap, there is no way we would have went 9-7 last year and he would have not led the league in his respective categories.

It is assenine to single out our pro bowl franchise QB seeing as how we have so many other issues.

You are just looking for things to ***** at now. I know we have completely run the "defense sucks" thread into the ground but choosing to say things like this is ridiculous.

You're probably on the Mario sucks bandwagon too huh?

This board wears me out sometimes but damnit, I must get on at least five times a day to get my Texans fix.

rep to you kind sir, I completely agree with you.

I really think that Schaub's issue this year is:

1. The line is not keeping defenders off of him so he's scrambling more and as we all know he is not the fleetist of foot.

2. He knows that winning the game rests on his shoulders. He knows that this defense is not going to help so he MUST get a touchdown EVERY possession. That fact causes him to either force throws (causes interceptions) or throw short (to not allow the interception). So he looks like he's doing a really bad job but he's trying to lead the team to wins, the D as it is right now does not help him.

That's the way I see it.

2slik4u
12-03-2010, 10:10 AM
rep to you kind sir, I completely agree with you.

I really think that Schaub's issue this year is:

1. The line is not keeping defenders off of him so he's scrambling more and as we all know he is not the fleetist of foot.

2. He knows that winning the game rests on his shoulders. He knows that this defense is not going to help so he MUST get a touchdown EVERY possession. That fact causes him to either force throws (causes interceptions) or throw short (to not allow the interception). So he looks like he's doing a really bad job but he's trying to lead the team to wins, the D as it is right now does not help him.

That's the way I see it.

This is what Im thinking is causing the increase in underthrown balls this year as opposed to the past.

agreed.

ThaShark316
12-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Just goes to show that SOME people around here aren't over 2006. Just saying...

keyser
12-03-2010, 11:33 AM
This team has a long term deficit in terms of how many high round draft picks have been spent on the secondary. We should have Revis and one of the better, young FSs on this team and we don't. That's the problem. I can't tell you we'd be on our way to the SB, but we'd be a LOT closer to making that run. I know we got KJ in the first round, but that had to be done just to replace Robinson....and we already had a problem. I hope that KJ will get better with experience. I don't know, but we can't spend two-thirds of every draft on DTs and TEs. We need a secondary.

We will continue to have this kind of D until we get one...

The problem is not that we've had too many DTs/TEs, to the lack of secondary. In fact, I think we've massively overdrafted on secondary, by the numbers. The problem has been (like you said), that we haven't spent our top round draft picks on the secondary.

Since Rick Smith came ('07-'10 drafts), we've had:
2007: secondary in rounds 4, 5; other defense rounds 1, 7; offense rounds 3, 5, 6 (plus round 2 for Schaub)
2008: secondary in rounds 3, 6; other defense rounds 4, 5; offense rounds 1, 3, 7 (plus round 2 for Schaub)
2009: secondary in rounds 4, 6, 7; other defense rounds 1, 2; offense rounds 3, 4, 5
2010: secondary in rounds 1, 6; other defense rounds 3, 4; offense rounds 2, 4, 6, 6, 7

So, we've had more picks (9) in the secondary than in the rest of the defense combined (8). (14 picks, or 16 if you count the 2 Schaub ones, were for offense).

When you look at where those picks fall, though, the average position of those picks has been in round 4.667 for the secondary, round 3.375 for the rest of the defense, and round 4.42 for the offese (4.125 if you count the Schaub picks).

So, there has actually been a lot more drafting of secondary than I'd have guessed, but they haven't picked them very high.

jshabang
12-03-2010, 01:25 PM
How you managed to get 24 rep points amazes me.

:bravo::kubepalm:

Ole Miss Texan
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't think there's a nickel's worth of difference between Jason Campbell, Bruce Gradkowski and Matt Schaub though.

:backsout:

Ole Miss Texan
12-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Ok ok I'll bite.

Campbell: 7 starts; 8 games. 1,322 yards - 7 TDs - 6 INTs. 75.8 QB Rating
Gradkowski: 4 starts; 6 games. 1,059 yards - 5 TDs - 6 INTs. 66.3 QB Rating
Schaub: 12 starts; 12 games. 3,089 yards - 17 TDs - 8 INTs. 93.2 QB Rating

Campbell/Gradkoski (combined): 2,381 yards - 12 TDs - 12 INTs

Schaub is having a pretty poor year by all of our standards.... but to say he's not any better than Campbell, Gradkowski... or that he's a bottom 5 QB in this league like I've read on here is asinine. I truly hope your emotions have gotten the best of you because of our subpar season and that 90% of your posts are not REALLY your true thoughts.

2slik4u
12-03-2010, 01:54 PM
:backsout:

I think this may be some part of the most elaborate scheme in history to steal a QB.

Maybe he is a Titan fan trying to implant the fact that Schaub sucks so we storm McNairs office and demand him to be released......therefore, Bud Adams can go and sign him.

Pretty far fetched I know, but there is no way anyone who knows anything about football let alone the Houston Texans can really feel this way.

This guy (panama) is wearin me out.

Doppelganger
12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
It's called an analogy.

If you honestly think that you are a fool. David Carr NEVER led the league in passing. Schaub consistently has had more tds than Ints since becoming a starter. Carr for a career is 65 tds 71 INts. Schaub is 76 tds 48 ints. Schaub has a career passing rating of 91+ Carr has a career passer rating of 74.9.

The only thing Carr leads Schaub in is staying healthy and even that is something Schaub is doing better in now.

http://www.wpromote.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/pity-the-fool.jpg

Rey
12-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Schaub is much better than Carr.

That said, he is not an elite QB. Not even close.

He is good enough to win with if you field a defense that takes pressure off of him. The defense doesn't have to be tops in the leauge, but a defense that atleast consistenly caused turnovers and not giving up TD's left and right would help out a lot.

Mr teX
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM

He is good enough to win with if you field a defense that takes pressure off of him. The defense doesn't have to be tops in the leauge, but a defense that atleast consistenly caused turnovers and not giving up TD's left and right would help out a lot.

Where does elite stop then? top 5...top 10? If you stop at 5 as being elite, then you leave out guys like Rothlisberger & Ryan & frankly you can't do that with rothlisberger having 2 rings already. If you stop at 10, then Schaub is right there.

off the top of my head there are only 8 qb's that are clearly better than him.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Ryan
& if you are impressed with arm strength, Flacco.

Every other qb in this league, it's a debate & one that schaub is in.

leebigeztx
12-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Where does elite stop then? top 5...top 10? If you stop at 5 as being elite, then you leave out guys like Rothlisberger & Ryan & frankly you can't do that with rothlisberger having 2 rings already. If you stop at 10, then Schaub is right there.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Ryan

Right now, i would take freeman,sanchez,eli,vick,and romo over schaub.

Runner
12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I think Schaub is good enough to take the team to the next level. I'd fix a lot of other things before I would the QB.

Mr teX
12-03-2010, 03:24 PM

Vick & Freeman - wait & see. One is young & we really don't know how he will progress. & with Vick, we still don't know what he can do as this is the 1st time he's shown that he can be a good pocket passer. In addition to this, Schaub essentially played him to a draw last night. Its just that Vick's game is "pretty" & schaub's isn't.

Sanchez, like schaub at times, isn't consistent & has the tendency to turn it over in critical situations - (see our game)

Eli & Romo are turnover machines & have just as much trouble staying consistent as schaub does at times.

Not saying that i wouldn't take these guys over schaub, but i think a successful case can be made for him over any of these guys.

For the few plays schaub didn't make last night, he made more than his fair share when he had pressure on him. He's solid, he just has a weak arm.

Big Lou
12-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Are we still talking about "Schaub Sucks"?

Really, get rid of Schaub because we consistently lose after putting up 30 points.

SCHAUB IS NOT THE PROBLEM, GO SEE FRANK BUSH AND HIS EXCUSE FOR A DEFENSE!!!

If Schaub wasn't always playing from behind he'd probably have fewer mistakes by far.

I'm glad some of you aren't the GM, because you'd cut a Pro Bowl QB, to draft somebody with no experience and leave the 32 ranked defense un touched.

Unbelieveable......

I try not to critcize people points of veiw on this board, but really. This is like kicking your dog because it rained outside.................

:kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm::kubepalm:

Andre_Johnson
12-03-2010, 04:41 PM
You, my friend, don't know anything.

rep rep rep.... Thank you for proof that I'm not going crazy, this guy is ignorant and needs to stop his tirade of shooting down Matt Schaub for our team's lack of defense.

Andre_Johnson
12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
So you're going to respond to my post by re-iterating that you have no idea what you are talking about. Gotcha.

What is it about you can't rely on your offense to score 35 points a game do you not understand? Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for people? You point out ONE ****ING PLAY where Schaub skips a ball on the ground and ignore THE ENTIRE FIRST AND FOURTH ****ING QUARTERS THE DEFENSE PLAYED.

The offense is not "so good he has to make easy throws". When you are down by 10 points or more constantly that changes the complexity of the offense to dropping back back 34 to 50 times. There is no offense where you drop back that many times to pass and all of them are easy throws, that's just a retarded opinion that nobody with the IQ of Peter King or better would ever hold.

And you don't see Vick crying about his defense because HO HO HO, they can hold a team to under 25 points every once in awhile. Now go and type something really dumb again so I or one of the other great posters here can take you to task again. It's fun.

I swear it's like he just finds more and more ways to prove how dumb he is....
:bravo:

Ole Miss Texan
12-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Here... let me help you out then.

Ainge, Erik
Anderson, Derek
Bartel, Richard
Basanez, Brett
Batch, Charlie
Beck, John
Boller, Kyle
Bomar, Rhett
Booty, John David
Bouman, Todd
Bradford, Sam
Brandstater, Tom
Brennan, Colt
Brohm, Brian
Brown, Jarrett
Brown, Levi
Brunell, Mark
Bulger, Marc
Campbell, Jason
Canfield, Sean
Cantwell, Hunter
Carpenter, Rudy
Carr, David
Cassel, Matt
Clausen, Jimmy
Clemens, Kellen
Collins, Kerry
Collins, Todd
Crompton, Jonathan
Croyle, Brodie
Cutler, Jay
Daniel, Chase
Davis, Nate
Delhomme, Jake
Dixon, Dennis
Edwards, Trent
Favre, Brett
Feeley, A.J.
Fitzpatrick, Ryan
Flynn, Matt
Freeman, Josh
Frye, Charlie
Garrard, David
Gradkowski, Bruce
Grossman, Rex
Gutierrez, Matt
Hall, Max
Hanie, Caleb
Harrell, Graham
Harris, Trevor
Hasselbeck, Matt
Henne, Chad
Hill, Shaun
Hiller, Tim
Hoyer, Brian
Jackson, Tarvaris
Johnson, Josh
Kafka, Mike
Kitna, Jon
Kolb, Kevin
LeFevour, Dan
Leftwich, Byron
Leinart, Matt
Lewis, Thaddeus
Losman, J.P.
McCown, Luke
McCoy, Colt
McGee, Stephen
McNabb, Donovan
Moore, Matt
Nichols, Matt
Null, Keith
O'Connell, Kevin
O'Sullivan, J.T.
Orlovsky, Dan
Orton, Kyle
Painter, Curtis
Palko, Tyler
Palmer, Carson
Palmer, Jordan
Pennington, Chad
Pike, Tony
Quinn, Brady
Ramsey, Patrick
Randolph, Dominic
Ratliff, Brett
Redman, Chris
Robinson, Zac
Romo, Tony
Rosenfels, Sage
Simms, Chris
Skelton, John
Smith, Alex
Smith, Rusty
Smith, Troy
Snead, Jevan
Sorgi, Jim
St. Pierre, Brian
Stafford, Matthew
Stanton, Drew
Stull, Bill
Tebow, Tim
Thigpen, Tyler
Volek, Billy
Wallace, Seneca
Webb, Joe
White, Pat
Whitehurst, Charlie
Wilson, John Parker
Young, Vince

sbalderrama
12-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Schaub is not even close to being the problem with this team. Yeah, not one of his better nights, but still.

This team is where it is because of horrid defense, not offensive problems.

Rey
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Ryan

I didn't say anything about numbers...I don't look at it as top anything...

There are three guys I consider elite right now. Rivers, Brady, Manning. IMO, everyone after them I would consider very good, or upper echelon.

Thorn
12-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Schaub is not even close to being the problem with this team. Yeah, not one of his better nights, but still.

This team is where it is because of horrid defense, not offensive problems.

Exactly. Schaub is not the problem. Our frigging defense is the problem.

Schaub might not be the greatest QB on the planet, and he isn't, but the problem with this team is the friggin defense. Period.

Sway
12-03-2010, 08:12 PM
All you have to do is LOOK at the guy- his eyes, his face, he's not in it. He's not a leader or a motivator, and those are two inherent qualities of a great QB. NEXT!!! Matt would be a good backup.

He just is not good.

80tothezone
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM

He just is not good.

Not really he leads us on the game winning drive several times only to be let down by the Defense. I changed my opinion on this since last night because if you read one of my earlier posts id did blame the offense but really for the most part they have put up the points when they were needed. Yes schaub had one of his worst games ever yesterday but really this team has one huge glaring problem and that is our defense. I mean take the Jets game he scores with 53 seconds left in the game and puts us up by 4. then the defense cant keep the Jets out of the end zone for under a minute? And this is schaub's fault? Jacksonville same deal, chargers #80 had one of his rare let downs.

but go back through the season and watch how many times he has led the team down the field for a game winning drive, then count the number of times the defense did he impossible and let the other team score with less than no time left. I would even say that it takes pressure for him to play to his ability level. Now he does lack a little arm strength from what I have seen this year... yes.... but he makes good decisions and is able to put the ball where it needs to be most of the time.

He will never be Manning but he is good and not the problem with our team. I blame kubiak and bush they are the sole reason our team is where it is today. U can't really even blame Khareem Jackson or the secondary I mean he is a rookie and has no one to mentor him in how the game is played on the pro level.
Back to schaub though I think his shoulder is hurt ... he has had a noticeable drop in arm strength since last year so something might be wrong there..

JB
12-03-2010, 08:44 PM
All you have to do is LOOK at the guy- his eyes, his face, he's not in it. He's not a leader or a motivator, and those are two inherent qualities of a great QB. NEXT!!! Matt would be a good backup.

You and Panama must still be butt hurt about 06

80tothezone
12-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Are u guys forgetting that he led the league in yards per pass total yards and one other category last year. And this was done WITHOUT a run game so people knew we would be passing and he still picked apart defenses. He hasn't put up those numbers this year but he hasn't needed to (we have the best run game in the NFL). WHen it counts he scores ... he did it yesterday only to be let down yet again by the Defense and then he had a rare drive that ended in a turnover. He creates plays with movement in and out of the pocket ... threads the needle on passes that most QB's couldn't dream of making (occasionally).... he had a bad night last night and still played better than most....

JB
12-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Are u guys forgetting that he led the league in yards per pass total yards and one other category last year. And this was done WITHOUT a run game so people knew we would be passing and he still picked apart defenses. He hasn't put up those numbers this year but he hasn't needed to (we have the best run game in the NFL). WHen it counts he scores ... he did it yesterday only to be let down yet again by the Defense and then he had a rare drive that ended in a turnover. He creates plays with movement in and out of the pocket ... threads the needle on passes that most QB's couldn't dream of making .... he had a bad night last night and still played better than most....

Paragraphs would make your posts a lot easier to read.

97roc
12-03-2010, 09:05 PM

Uh oh... do we have a Romo vs Schaub thread starting?

Texan_Bill
12-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm thinking.... I'm thinking..... :thinking:

DUMBEST THREAD - EVAH!!

Hardcore Texan
12-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Holy crap, I think I'll take another week break from the mb. It's okay to be frustrated, we all are, but how about some perspective.

Yes, yes, let's run Schaub out of town, that'll fix the fact we need 3 cornerbacks, a free safety, and a new coaching staff.

Didn't even Trent Dilfer win a Superbowl? :um:

Matt Schaub is light years better than that guy and a good QB.

infantrycak
12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking.... I'm thinking..... :thinking:

DUMBEST THREAD - EVAH!!

I don't know about evah but certainly in the elite category so I'm right there with you Bill.

b0ng
12-03-2010, 09:16 PM
How was last night a terrible game? He threw for millions of yards, under lots of heat, and gave us a chance to win. He completed 61% of his passes and had an average of 9 YPA. And came back after getting smoked multiple times. He fed Andre the Giant, connected with 8 different receivers. Yes, it would've been nice if he didn't throw a pick and had a fumble, but, it also would've been nice if we could've stopped a 3rd and 19.

Schaub is not an elite QB, but you're going to be chasing one of those for a long time if you run every decent QB out of town because he's not throwing for 4 gazillion yards a season.

kiwitexansfan
12-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Can someone fix the spelling/grammar of the thread title, it bothers me.

http://wesleying.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Grammar-Police.png

Texan_Bill
12-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't know about evah but certainly in the elite category so I'm right there with you Bill.

:clap:

You're right. Given your and my longtime history on TT, we have seen dumber threads. That said this is certainly worthy of HOF consideration.

80tothezone
12-03-2010, 09:31 PM

I would even take a defense that held the other team to field goals. I still say put 11 in the box for the rest of the season maybe one of the other team's receivers might trip and fall on the way to the endzone ore something. Got about as good a chance of that happening as them actually getting a stop

BullNation4Life
12-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes while throwing for 18 touchdowns and 9 interceptions and 3000+ yards. This line of thinking is ridiculous and the fact that you want to replace him with himself (Sorry, Kolb's arm might be better in your head, but it has yet to proven consistently on the field since KEVIN KOLB CAN'T KEEP A STARTERS JOB). People talk about ball protection, Kolb certainly doesn't do that. You talk about "clutchness" and "being a winner" and Kolb is no more of a winner or is no more clutchy than Schaub is. If we are going to get rid of our QB it better be for an upgrade and not a ****ing lateral move.

Here's an idea from the same train of logic: Lets fire Frank Bush and hire Richard Smith as a DC. This can't go wrong can it?:kubepalm:

Has Kevin Kolb even got a fair shake to start? He lost his job for 2 reasons, injury and Andy Reid loving running QBs. Kid hasn't even got a fair chance to remain a starter in the league. He has had a handful of game sand has done fairly well so this line of thinking isn't ridiculous as you so eloquently stated, it is just upgrading to a younger product of what you have. If you had a TV that you liked and it was pretty good then died after 5 years, wouldn't you want the same model but newer and upgraded? no different in what I was purposing...

I'll backtrack a bit and say I do like Schaub, I just cannot stand the stupid mistakes and the under thrown balls and skipping that kill drives. Nothing wrong with replacing him with a b younger version with a better arm. I haven't seen enough of Kolb, other than in college, to say he makes the same stupid mistakes Schaub seems to consistently make...

and your stupid comment about Frank Bush and Richard Smith isn't even in the same f'ing ballpark. Trading crappy for *hitty isn't what I was going for. Trading serviceable for serviceable who is younger and has a better arm is more the path, but nice try...

b0ng
12-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Has Kevin Kolb even got a fair shake to start? He lost his job for 2 reasons, injury and Andy Reid loving running QBs. Kid hasn't even got a fair chance to remain a starter in the league. He has had a handful of game sand has done fairly well so this line of thinking isn't ridiculous as you so eloquently stated, it is just upgrading to a younger product of what you have. If you had a TV that you liked and it was pretty good then died after 5 years, wouldn't you want the same model but newer and upgraded? no different in what I was purposing...

I'll backtrack a bit and say I do like Schaub, I just cannot stand the stupid mistakes and the under thrown balls and skipping that kill drives. Nothing wrong with replacing him with a b younger version with a better arm. I haven't seen enough of Kolb, other than in college, to say he makes the same stupid mistakes Schaub seems to consistently make...

and your stupid comment about Frank Bush and Richard Smith isn't even in the same f'ing ballpark. Trading crappy for *hitty isn't what I was going for. Trading serviceable for serviceable who is younger and has a better arm is more the path, but nice try...

Hmmm, gets injured, been in the league as a backup for a few years, hasn't really shown much. Okay, so he's not Matt Schaub then who is he? Sorry, but Matt Schaub is a better version of Kolb because he can actually hold down a starters job until proven otherwise. And yes, the analogy totally applies in reference to Smith = Bush Kolb = Schaub with one caveat, we already know that Schaub can do perfectly fine as a starter on an NFL team and Kolb is a complete toss-up.

Also, when the hell did we start comparing QB's to tv's? Has Schaub died on us or something? No? What do you mean he's on pace for 2:1 TD's:INT's? Over 3000 yards passing again? Mid 60's completion percentage? Yeah, sure sounds broken to me, we should totally do a trade in.

Look, if we had a guy who was actively ****ing up our games week in and week out, sure I'd be totally on board with getting rid of Matt. But we don't, and he's not. You guys are missing the gigantic elephant in the room which almost all of our offseason moves should be about upgrading, and that's the goddamned defense. I'm tired of listening to people who are supposed perfectionists completely ignore a historically bad defense and point to a ****ing QB who for all intents and purposes is having another fine year, even if he is playing from behind in 9/10ths of the games on the schedule.

Finally, if Kolb is in the league for 4 years, and has "never gotten his fair shake" then that probably means he sucks. How does he suck? I don't know, decision making, accuracy, injuries, whatever. At least with Schaub when we traded for him he didn't have this unique history of sitting out games due to injury, we got to experience that.

Again, talking about replacing Schaub is just misplaced anger that should be directed at the mother****ing coaching staff and the asshole personnel on the defense. Matt Schaub is not the ****ing problem here, and neither is most of the offense except for Jones, Walter and OD all falling off a cliff. But even with those listed woes Schaub is still running the offense, doing it pretty efficiently, oh and he has to contend with Frank Bush's Pee-Wee defense playing the opposite side of the ball.

Thankfully enough, we aren't getting rid of Schaub this offseason, and we damn sure aren't trading him for Kevin ****ing Kolb. So that is just a fantasy that's going to live in your, and pretty much yours alone, head. My fantasies have more to do with Chasey Laine, a bottle of uppers, and glow in the dark body paint, but hey, to each their own.

JB
12-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Gosh Bong! Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel about the absurd notion that Schaub is the problem!

97roc
12-03-2010, 11:33 PM
:clap:

You're right. Given your and my longtime history on TT, we have seen dumber threads. That said this is certainly worthy of HOF consideration.

Hello, I am 97roc, and I am a rookie. I am just wondering, what thread would be considered the dumbest thread - evah?

b0ng
12-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Hello, I am 97roc, and I am a rookie. I am just wondering, what thread would be considered the dumbest thread - evah?

I think there's a couple of Reggie Bush > Mario Williams threads that got started like this past off-season or something ridiculous like that.

I'm sure there are also a few threads dedicated to David Carr that have some hilarious posts in them.

Gosh Bong! Don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel about the absurd notion that Schaub is the problem!

The amount of *'s in the post is directly proportional to how awesome it is.

edo783
12-04-2010, 12:15 AM

I have been here since the start. Some might say since the start of time, but I digress. This thread is epic in it's utter stupidity. Might others be worse ....... well, that's a bit like art, it's in the eye of the beholder, but this is an epic failure of coherent thought.

Carr Bombed
12-04-2010, 12:28 AM
aaaaa.... SCHAUB IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE....THE JAGUARS ARE LEADING THE DIVISION WITH DAVID ****ING GARRARD!

END OF THREAD.

You can win with a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.....you can't win with a defense as bad as ours and a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.

ObsiWan
12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
aaaaa.... SCHAUB IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE....THE JAGUARS ARE LEADING THE DIVISION WITH DAVID ****ING GARRARD!

END OF THREAD.

You can win with a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.....you can't win with a defense as bad as ours and a QB the caliber of Matt Schaub.
I cannot believe there are ten pages discussing a non-issue.

The defense's inability to hold a lead once the offense gives them one is the problem here. Unless these trolls - and they HAVE to be trolls to ignore the obvious - are that lacking in observational ability or football knowledge.

Let's review shall we...
San Diego - Schaub and the offense had the Texans up 23-14 before the defense gave up 15 2nd half points to give up the lead. He was marching the team to a possible go-ahead score when A.J., uncharacteristically, let one bounce off his hands into the waiting arms of the SD safety. Did I mention he put up these points on the league's best defense?

Jaguars - Matched the Jag offense point for point to a 24-all 4th qtr tie only to watch the d give up the losing TD with 8 seconds left.

Jets - Schaub and the offense put up 20 4th qtr points (against a Rex Ryan defense who knew we had to throw) to bring us back from being down 23-7 to grab the lead. Only to watch our d give up the losing TD with 45 seconds left.

Eagles - Schaub and the offense brought the team back from 20-3 down to take the lead 24-20. The defense couldn't stop Vick from putting up 14 straight 4th qtr pts and hold that lead.

Yeah... Schaub is definitely the problem here. He has shown no ability to bring the team back from behind.
NOT!

yeah, these folks HAVE to be trolls, posting this ridiculousness to get our goat.
:mariopalm:
...okay, now End of Thread.
:D

sbalderrama
12-04-2010, 04:11 AM
and lets not forget that our "slow starting" offense wouldn't look nearly that bad if the defense wasn't allowing the opponents points on nearly every drive.

corytx8
12-04-2010, 06:06 AM
mods, i not only recommend locking this thread, but i recommend deleting it too.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 04:15 PM
i just dont see it with this guy, above average but not elite. there probably 22 teams in this league that will take him but 10 that have better, we can't beat the better

TexCanada
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
i just dont see it with this guy, above average but not elite. there probably 22 teams in this league that will take him but 10 that have better, we can't beat the better

So when are you unveiling your plan to acquire one of these 10 people?

Brandon420tx
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
So your saying is in the top half of the NFL at QB and you don't want him

Logic = fail

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 04:33 PM
So your saying is in the top half of the NFL at QB and you don't want him

Logic = fail
so will take him over sanchez, big ben, brady, flacco, brees, rodgers etc

4x4tx
09-25-2011, 04:35 PM
he just has to get tougher and be willing to take some hits. He is a buy guy surely he is not going to break in half, although the grabbing of the helmet thing really had me baffled...maybe the guy scratched his neck? lol

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 04:36 PM
sissy

Brandon420tx
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM

I think your asking me if I would take him over those names.
I would definately take Brees, Rodgers, and Brady over Schaub. The other 3 have their plusses and minuses.

My point was you pretty much said that Schaub is the number 11 QB in the league right now, and that we can go to QBMart and just pick up a new elite QB talent. If it was so easy then why haven't those other 21 teams not done yet?

Big Lou
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Un-f-ing believable really. Schaub sucks?????

Seasons over let's install Wade as the HC.

This board is unbelievable sometimes. I'm outta here until things cool down. You Philly like fans aren't bringing me down.

gwallaia
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Its threads like these that make me long for the days before message boards and the internet.

Joeycharp89
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Once again, how would we get any of those guys? You see elite QBs bumming around as free agents? Maybe Favre?

Mr teX
09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah, Tom Brady suxs he chunked 4 picks today against the frickin bills....1 was a pick 6 that pretty much costed them the game..some of you guys are just morons. I think i'm gonna do what Gwallia & stay away from these boards...too many dumbasses with knee jerk reactions.

TexCanada
09-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't think anyone is saying he sucks.. but, c'mon, let's be real here. Long term analysis, this guy will not win us a superbowl, unless our D starts playing like the 2000 Ravens team. The dude is way too inconsistent, hot and cold, jekyll and hyde

We need a actual franchise QB, if we are ever going to take that step to get our team where we want them to be

Did you not see how we moved the ball today? We scored 33 points. 33 points should be enough to win a game.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 04:47 PM

I would like to see Matt traded.

I would like to see him with a team that can play defense. He would be All-Pro.

How many Houston fans didnt think the defense was going to give up a TD in every posession in the fourth quarter?

Matt leads a drive to set up the win with 2 minutes left. What's my only thought?
ooops...We scored too quickly.

Let Matt go somewhere else. He dewserves it after the years he has suffered here.

MEGA SWATT
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't think anyone is saying he sucks.. but, c'mon, let's be real here. Long term analysis, this guy will not win us a superbowl, unless our D starts playing like the 2000 Ravens team. The dude is way too inconsistent, hot and cold, jekyll and hyde

We need a actual franchise QB, if we are ever going to take that step to get our team where we want them to be

Then our only hope is that he improves, and gets more consistent and makes better decisions under pressure. I mean, what else are we supposed to do? We can keep improving our defense and hope to stay healthy. On offense, bringing in a healthy AF will help for sure.

I mean it's not as easy as going to the Franchise QB store and picking one up.

welsh texan
09-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Can't believe you're saying you'd take Sanchez over Schaub, the dude has his faults but c'mon man Sanchez is holding the Jets back from being great not helping them to be really good.

Moving on to Schaub today, not that I think we should run him out of town or anything but he has a lot to work on for me.

This season he doesn't seem to have got into the zone with Andre, I've seen the ball bouncing out of AJ's hands too many times so far and logic leads me to believe that its Schaub's timing rather than AJ having hands of stone.

His pocket presence looks to have regressed somewhat, our O-line is built to concentrate on the run and is doing a very good job in that area but allows pressure to penetrate in Pass Pro.

Schaub doesn't do a good enough job of finding the check down when that happens, and frankly, when the line is setup the way it is, its on the QB to find a way of coping with that, we're not asking for Michael Vick or anything here, just feel the pressure coming and slide, and know where your RB is to get the ball out.

I definately believe all of these problems have come from Schaubs turnover problems earlier in his career, I think Kubiak designs the O to either get the 1st down or protect the ball.

I'm not sure we'll ever fully understand how good Schaub is tbh, in my mind there is the possibility that his elite numbers are genuine and he is a really good (not great) QB in a system which is designed to support the run as much as possible and then pass the ball. On the other hand he could be totally average in a great system that gets him the yardage. I really don't know, but I certainly wouldn't be looking to get rid of him while we have other priorities.

badboy
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I would like to see Matt traded.

I would like to see him with a team that can play defense. He would be All-Pro.

How many Houston fans didnt think the defense was going to give up a TD in every posession in the fourth quarter?

Matt leads a drive to set up the win with 2 minutes left. What's my only thought?
ooops...We scored too quickly.

Let Matt go somewhere else. He dewserves it after the years he has suffered here.all pro maybe but if he goes to a team without a hall of fame WR (AJ) and an all pro TE (OD) and a very good RB (Tate or Foster) he will only be a below average QB.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 04:51 PM
LOL. It is such a kick in the nuts to be a fan of this team.

My balls hurt. :gun:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0906/fail-fail-kick-balls-groin-demotivational-poster-1244192465.jpg

TexCanada
09-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Cool story bro

Did you see how we were scoring the points when the Saints were slumping in the 1st half?

And that was Schaub's fault? What hope does a QB have in the redzone when we call plays that include having Slaton in the backfield, or just no RB at all?

4x4tx
09-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Schaub would be great if he never gets hit or had to scramble. Once he gets pressure he is toast and panicks. I still cant remember him making a throw and getting crunched as he is doing it because thats what it takes. Instead I see his feet get jittery and him short arm the ball for a skip pass or INT. He doesnt like to get his uniform dirty. Brees on the other hand is a tough little bastard and is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Come on schaub grabbing his head like he had really been hit was embarrassing.

Air Canada
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM

I'll TAKE HIM.. OVER FLACCO and SANCHEZ... for sure:dancer:

ATXan
09-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Just heard that there is a 85% of fair weather today. They say it will last until next Sunday at 3:15 pm.

badboy
09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
And that was Schaub's fault? What hope does a QB have in the redzone when we call plays that include having Slaton in the backfield, or just no RB at all?Because Slaton can run the ball in or slip out to catch the ball and be overlooked by defense focusing on AJ and TEs.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Did you not see how we moved the ball today? We scored 33 points. 33 points should be enough to win a game.

thirty three points is nothing in an offense driven league, saints avg 32 before this game and hit how many today

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Can't believe you're saying you'd take Sanchez over Schaub, the dude has his faults but c'mon man Sanchez is holding the Jets back from being great not helping them to be really good.

Moving on to Schaub today, not that I think we should run him out of town or anything but he has a lot to work on for me.

This season he doesn't seem to have got into the zone with Andre, I've seen the ball bouncing out of AJ's hands too many times so far and logic leads me to believe that its Schaub's timing rather than AJ having hands of stone.

His pocket presence looks to have regressed somewhat, our O-line is built to concentrate on the run and is doing a very good job in that area but allows pressure to penetrate in Pass Pro.

Schaub doesn't do a good enough job of finding the check down when that happens, and frankly, when the line is setup the way it is, its on the QB to find a way of coping with that, we're not asking for Michael Vick or anything here, just feel the pressure coming and slide, and know where your RB is to get the ball out.

I definately believe all of these problems have come from Schaubs turnover problems earlier in his career, I think Kubiak designs the O to either get the 1st down or protect the ball.

I'm not sure we'll ever fully understand how good Schaub is tbh, in my mind there is the possibility that his elite numbers are genuine and he is a really good (not great) QB in a system which is designed to support the run as much as possible and then pass the ball. On the other hand he could be totally average in a great system that gets him the yardage. I really don't know, but I certainly wouldn't be looking to get rid of him while we have other priorities.

is it just me or did sanchez beat peyton then brady last year in the PLAYOFFS, not saying anything just saying

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 05:18 PM
all pro maybe but if he goes to a team without a hall of fame WR (AJ) and an all pro TE (OD) and a very good RB (Tate or Foster) he will only be a below average QB.

I 'll take that bet. You seem to have lost track of the fact that he has been one of the most prolific qb's in the nfl. It's the defense that has cost him several years of his career.

But that's OK....A fan base of years of losing wouldnt know a good qb if he looked them in the face.

Corrosion
09-25-2011, 05:26 PM
I 'll take that bet. You seem to have lost track of the fact that he has been one of the most prolific qb's in the nfl. It's the defense that has cost him several years of his career.

But that's OK....A fan base of years of losing wouldnt know a good qb if he looked them in the face.

Despite having an All World WR an All Pro TE and a good running game .... Schaub has lost more games than he has won.

So he's thrown for 4000 in back to back years ..... because they were so often behind and had to throw

Schaub's had a history of getting coming up short in the red zone ..... Today that bit them in the ass.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM

point is hes good but not great, didn't dre go to probowl with **** as his qb

badboy
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM

I like Schaub especially for this team but he is prolific because his recievers catch passes not on target and that is on Matt. The D has cost him games but not sure how you mean cost him years?

welsh texan
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
is it just me or did sanchez beat peyton then brady last year in the PLAYOFFS, not saying anything just saying

Yeh but Sanchez manages the game ok, but he isn't all that good, maybe above average, but no better than Schaub.

He also had 2 really good wide receivers splitting the coverage, Schaub has 1 in double coverage constantly. (not a knock on our decent depth at wr, just calling it as I see it)

He also has one of the top rated D's in this league.

I'd take Schaub over Sanchez, I'd take the Jet's D over last years Texans' D even quicker.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Yeh but Sanchez manages the game ok, but he isn't all that good, maybe above average, but no better than Schaub.

He also had 2 really good wide receivers splitting the coverage, Schaub has 1 in double coverage constantly. (not a knock on our decent depth at wr, just calling it as I see it)

He also has one of the top rated D's in this league.

I'd take Schaub over Sanchez, I'd take the Jet's D over last years Texans' D even quicker.

so what about peytons and bradys D, sanchez is not on their level nor is their D on sanchez's, who is their wr that demands constant doubles? by the way sanchez is 4-2 on the road in the playoffs, matt 0-0

TEXANRED
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
so what about peytons and bradys D, sanchez is not on their level nor is their D on sanchez's, who is their wr that demands constant doubles? by the way sanchez is 4-2 on the road in the playoffs, matt 0-0

Sanchez sucks but he is better than Schaub.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 08:17 PM
The thing is, even the "perfect" QB's have bad days. We just don't see them because we're always watching the Texans. At most we see the highlights or we might watch the replay on NFLN if we care about that matchup or want to see "Mr. Perfect" screw the pooch for once. After it's over we forget about it mostly.

Schaub isn't a perfect QB. He's got problems. To say he doesn't is to watch the game through homer-vision goggles. His shortcomings are well known and just like almost every other team in the league we build our game plans around them while every defense in the league tries to exploit them.

Schaub's arm isn't exactly the ultimate weapon. Usually that's not an issue if the guy is terribly accurate. Schaub isn't. He's a streaky passer who threads needles sometimes and then throws one in the dirt or into the receivers back or ass. Schaub (like almost all QB's) is less effective when he's been smacked around a few times.

That's all pretty standard fare though. The real deal-breaker for most of us is that Schaub doesn't seem to be that vocal, "rallying point" leader-type. He's Gary only in uniform and throwing the ball as opposed to standing on the sidelines. As much as the players like him (just as they like Gary) they don't seem to be much in the way of inspired by him. Not one single guy on that team looks like he thinks Matt Schaub is going to throw all of them on his back and carry them to a win.

He's a good QB. Does what he's told, follows instructions and tries to execute the game plan. He's got most of the necessary tools to do the job. A lot of teams would like to have Matt Schaub starting for them. Unfortunately none of those teams are better than we are. That's a simple fact. You look at teams that are considered contenders in the AFC and all of them would say "Thanks but we'll stand pat" if you tried to swap them yours for theirs. New England wouldn't part with Brady nor would San Diego part with Rivers. Indianapolis wouldn't part with Manning and Pittsburgh wouldn't swap you for Big Ben. Likewise Baltimore wouldn't trade you Flacco. I question whether Buffalo would part with Fitzpatrick right now either. Jason Campbell in Oakland finally seems to be getting his legs under him as well. Statistically he's not in this discussion but he's not costing them games and sometimes that's all you want out of your QB.

The Jets would laugh if you tried to swap them Schaub for Sanchez.

You may think he's better than some of those guys but do you really think they would want Matt Schaub over their guy?

So in the AFC if you rule out those teams that appear (right now) to be headed for the post-season that leaves.

Jacksonville - Gabbert
Cincinnati - Dalton
Miami - Henne
Cleveland - McCoy
Denver - Orton
Tennessee - Hasselbeck
Kansas City - Cassell
Indianapolis - Collins

Over the hill guys and wet-behind the ears newcomers make up most of that list. Good company to be in. That's the hill that Matt Schaub is the king of right now and some of those younger guys might be surpassing him in the coming years.

There's a reason Gary Kubiak is always looking under rocks and sifting through the latter rounds for an overlooked QB prospect. Matt Schaub is exactly what he appears to be and that is a guy who is as coached up as he's ever gonna get.

And I like Matt Schaub. Don't think for a second that I don't like him. We need to upgrade that position though.

EllisUnit
09-25-2011, 08:24 PM
The thing is, even the "perfect" QB's have bad days. We just don't see them because we're always watching the Texans. At most we see the highlights or we might watch the replay on NFLN if we care about that matchup or want to see "Mr. Perfect" screw the pooch for once. After it's over we forget about it mostly.

Schaub isn't a perfect QB. He's got problems. To say he doesn't is to watch the game through homer-vision goggles. His shortcomings are well known and just like almost every other team in the league we build our game plans around them while every defense in the league tries to exploit them.

Schaub's arm isn't exactly the ultimate weapon. Usually that's not an issue if the guy is terribly accurate. Schaub isn't. He's a streaky passer who threads needles sometimes and then throws one in the dirt or into the receivers back or ass. Schaub (like almost all QB's) is less effective when he's been smacked around a few times.

That's all pretty standard fare though. The real deal-breaker for most of us is that Schaub doesn't seem to be that vocal, "rallying point" leader-type. He's Gary only in uniform and throwing the ball as opposed to standing on the sidelines. As much as the players like him (just as they like Gary) they don't seem to be much in the way of inspired by him. Not one single guy on that team looks like he thinks Matt Schaub is going to throw all of them on his back and carry them to a win.

He's a good QB. Does what he's told, follows instructions and tries to execute the game plan. He's got most of the necessary tools to do the job. A lot of teams would like to have Matt Schaub starting for them. Unfortunately none of those teams are better than we are. That's a simple fact. You look at teams that are considered contenders in the AFC and all of them would say "Thanks but we'll stand pat" if you tried to swap them yours for theirs. New England wouldn't part with Brady nor would San Diego part with Rivers. Indianapolis wouldn't part with Manning and Pittsburgh wouldn't swap you for Big Ben. Likewise Baltimore wouldn't trade you Flacco. I question whether Buffalo would part with Fitzpatrick right now either. Jason Campbell in Oakland finally seems to be getting his legs under him as well. Statistically he's not in this discussion but he's not costing them games and sometimes that's all you want out of your QB.

You may think he's better than some of those guys but do you really think they would want Matt Schaub over their guy?

So in the AFC if you rule out those teams that appear (right now) to be headed for the post-season that leaves.

Jacksonville - Gabbert
Cincinnati - Dalton
Miami - Henne
Cleveland - McCoy
Denver - Orton
Tennessee - Hasselbeck
Kansas City - Cassell
Indianapolis - Collins

Over the hill guys and wet-behind the ears newcomers make up most of that list. Good company to be in. That's the hill that Matt Schaub is the king of right now and some of those younger guys might be surpassing him in the coming years.

There's a reason Gary Kubiak is always looking under rocks and sifting through the latter rounds for an overlooked QB prospect. Matt Schaub is exactly what he appears to be and that is a guy who is as coached up as he's ever gonna get.

And I like Matt Schaub. Don't think for a second that I don't like him. We need to upgrade that position though.

i dont know if i agree with this. You give us a number 1 defense and we wont always have to rely on Schaub to make a play. Sanchez is terrible only reason he has any success is cause they have always had a good Defense. Give Schaub a top 10 D and we wont be having this conversation.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM
i dont know if i agree with this. You give us a number 1 defense and we wont always have to rely on Schaub to make a play. Sanchez is terrible only reason he has any success is cause they have always had a good Defense. Give Schaub a top 10 D and we wont be having this conversation.

You know, in a more extreme example of the same thing if you give David Carr a league leading rusher, a bunch of Pro-Bowl linemen, and some HOF receivers as well as a top 10 defense then he'd be "leading" us to the playoffs right now.

At some point you have to look at the entire team objectively and ask the question "Is the talent we've stacked around him hiding the fact that our franchise QB really isn't a franchise QB?"

I'm not kidding when I say I like Matt Schaub but I'm not infatuated with his spooky-magic QB skills. He's good, not great. He's replaceable and we might just find that if we could upgrade the QB position we might get a few more wins. Maybe spend a little less time watching Matt on the sideline looking like "Oh shit, this is happening again isn't it".

ObsiWan
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Jacksonville - Gabbert
Cincinnati - Dalton
Miami - Henne
Cleveland - McCoy
Denver - Orton
Tennessee - Hasselbeck
Kansas City - Cassell
Indianapolis - Collins

must spread rep...
Great summary. Couldn't have said it better meself.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Sanchez is a great example. Thanks for bringing him up. Today he has a great game (one of his best) and the Jets lose. Why? Their usually vaunted defense gives up 34 to the Raiders. This was a WEEKLY occurence for Matt in Houston. See how long you think Sanchez is top-notch, or how long the Jets fans love Sanchez, if the defense keeps playing like that.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
You know, in a more extreme example of the same thing if you give David Carr a league leading rusher, a bunch of Pro-Bowl linemen, and some HOF receivers as well as a top 10 defense then he'd be "leading" us to the playoffs right now.

At some point you have to look at the entire team objectively and ask the question "Is the talent we've stacked around him hiding the fact that our franchise QB really isn't a franchise QB?"

I'm not kidding when I say I like Matt Schaub but I'm not infatuated with his spooky-magic QB skills. He's good, not great. He's replaceable and we might just find that if we could upgrade the QB position we might get a few more wins. Maybe spend a little less time watching Matt on the sideline looking like "Oh shit, this is happening again isn't it".

I see. So this was a "TOP 10" defensive performance today? Maybe you need to look objectively. eh?

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
I see. So this was a "TOP 10" defensive performance today? Maybe you need to look objectively. eh?

I'm talking about things Matt Schaub does and has been doing for years. You're taking about today I guess.

But if you want to talk about today the defense was lights out in the first quarter and quite good in the first half. They didn't keep Matt & the Texans offense out of the endzone and settling for FG's today. That was the Saints defense and they aren't "TOP 10" either. They just somehow managed to come up with a bunch of red zone stops. Wonder how they did that?

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm talking about things Matt Schaub does and has been doing for years. You're taking about today I guess.

Oh...Ok.....You are right. So I guess the Texans have had a "Top 10" defense for years?

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh...Ok.....You are right. So I guess the Texans have had a "Top 10" defense for years?

You need to learn how to read. When you can follow a conversation I'll continue talking to you.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
You need to learn how to read. When you can follow a conversation I'll continue talking to you.

Sorry I made your point look foolish.

Give Matt a Top 10 defense for the last few years and he would be paid a lot more money than has been paid.

When you can make a point worth following I will continue talking to you, OK?

80tothezone
09-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Dude go whine to yo mama.... matt pl a greatame so did the rest of the team .... ya just can't give a team like NO a crack, which we did. GB SCHAUB KUBES TATE AJ

Sentssxx from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Texn4life
09-25-2011, 09:02 PM
This forum is hilarious. We lost the game but it wasn't because of Matt. We gave up 40 points against a really good team. 33 points should win against anybody and we let receivers run wild in the 2nd half. I love how some people just don't know football.

GP
09-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Sorry I made your point look foolish.

Give Matt a Top 10 defense for the last few years and he would be paid a lot more money than has been paid.

When you can make a point worth following I will continue talking to you, OK?

Why do you have blind allegiance to a single player like this?

Same college? High school? You're a relative of his?

I follow THE TEXANS. People who follow only a single player, and act like everything around the single player is faulty and holding back the single player is just bizarre.

Nobody can say anything critical of Matt Schaub without you crying.

Hervoyel
09-25-2011, 09:20 PM

I follow THE TEXANS. People who follow only a single player, and act like everything around the single player is faulty and holding back the single player is just bizarre.

Now you stop picking on Mrs. Schaub. That's just not right.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 09:52 PM

I am a fan of Matt, and of the Texans.

When a player produces hugely despite the glaring weaknesses of the team (defense) but continues to persevere, I am very supportive. This is called "crying" on here, I guess, but it is with good reason. All I have seen from most Texans fans on this forum is crying without reason - - Follishly blaming the few players who have delivered time after time.

But you are right.....Judging texans fans based on the sample on here is probably foolish. It is difficult in Atlanta to find anyone who wants to talk about Houston.

Atl Cav
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Now you stop picking on Mrs. Schaub. That's just not right.

I have children, and I know when their logic fails them they become silly. I expected that much from you.

80tothezone
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't really

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

80tothezone
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
ok I actually got off my phone and on my computer to post this..... WTF is wrong with all you people over reacting to 1 loss. I started reading the boards after the game and was reminded of the jackasses at my nephew's soccer game yelling at the kids acting like it's the world cup. If I take anything away from this game it is that we are a contender. We played 60 mins with one of the best teams in the NFL and had a shot at winning the game late. Our D showed a little crack and a player like brees will exploit that. The Texans played an excellent game today against a tough opponent in their house... They got some things to work on but ... it is week 3 so does everybody. Anyway back to the jackasses calling for schaub's head or mario or kube's head. Get a grip the Packers would have a tough time winning in NO...

GP
09-26-2011, 12:38 AM
I am a fan of Matt, and of the Texans.

When a player produces hugely despite the glaring weaknesses of the team (defense) but continues to persevere, I am very supportive. This is called "crying" on here, I guess, but it is with good reason. All I have seen from most Texans fans on this forum is crying without reason - - Follishly blaming the few players who have delivered time after time.

But you are right.....Judging texans fans based on the sample on here is probably foolish. It is difficult in Atlanta to find anyone who wants to talk about Houston.

I'd say it's foolish for you to try and defend Matt Schaub and convert what you deem as "haters in here" (paraphrased).

When you start saying things like (paraphrased, again) "I wish Matt Schaub would go to a team whose defense could help Matt Schaub enjoy the victories he so richly deserves because his shit doesn't stink" you're going to zoom right off into weird-o territory. To me, that was the telling post you made. You are a Schaub fan FIRST, just say so and own it.

Dutchrudder
09-26-2011, 01:05 AM
This thread is dumb.

GP
09-26-2011, 01:12 AM
This thread is dumb.

You're dumb if you don't have a Matt Schaub tattoo on your foreskin.

Now you're going to go out and get one just because you don't want to be ostracized from this thread. Loser.

kwayshauntay
09-26-2011, 02:33 AM
One of the first things that comes to mind when I hear the name "Matt Schaub":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg

panamamyers
09-26-2011, 08:36 AM
These same people that think Schaub does great are also the ones that would go to their grave thinking that David Carr was a great qb too and he just needed help.

Schaub would not start for very many teams around the league. Quit listening to 610 and being brainwashed into thinking that Schaub is some great qb. He's an average qb that can be your qb until you get a Super Bowl caliber qb, nothing more and nothing less.

Watch the game again yesterday and pretend like you are watching the Redskins and Dallas. Forget that it is Matt Schaub or that it is the Texans. Watch the one qb come unraveled and choke down the stretch while the other wins the game.

Doesn't matter if the Texans scored 55 points. The Saints kept coming and scored more. Green Bay had to score a lot to beat the Saints too, but guess what they kept scoring. They have a qb. We don't.