PDA

View Full Version : Jets to try out Kris Brown

Section516
11-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Concerned by Nick Folk's recent downturn, the New York Jets are checking into available kickers, ESPNNewYork.com has learned. On Tuesday, they're scheduled to work out veteran free agent Kris Brown, according to a league source.

Folk, who played a major role in two of the Jets' first six wins, has missed five of his last 10 field-goal attempts. In last Thursday night's win over the Cincinnati Bengals, he was unsuccessful from 44 yards, almost missed an extra point (he got a good bounce off the upright) and came up short on three kickoffs.

The Jets, preparing for next Monday night's first-place showdown against the New England Patriots, aren't a stand-pat team under general manager Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan. If they sense a problem, they will try to fix it.....

Continued at http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5865727

El Tejano
11-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Oh Joy!

ChampionTexan
11-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh Joy!

?????

steelbtexan
11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Concerned by Nick Folk's recent downturn, the New York Jets are checking into available kickers, ESPNNewYork.com has learned. On Tuesday, they're scheduled to work out veteran free agent Kris Brown, according to a league source.

Folk, who played a major role in two of the Jets' first six wins, has missed five of his last 10 field-goal attempts. In last Thursday night's win over the Cincinnati Bengals, he was unsuccessful from 44 yards, almost missed an extra point (he got a good bounce off the upright) and came up short on three kickoffs.

The Jets, preparing for next Monday night's first-place showdown against the New England Patriots, aren't a stand-pat team under general manager Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan. If they sense a problem, they will try to fix it.....

Continued at http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5865727

Brown signed to fix the Jets kicking woes.

LOL

HuttoKarl
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM

LOL

Too bad we already played the Jets.

houstonspartan
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM

LOL

lol. Yeah. At the very least, though, I give them credit for actually FIXING a current problem instead of letting it fester the rest of the season. They see the playoffs, and are thinking "Ok, we need to deal with this problem."

Dutchrudder
11-30-2010, 10:46 AM
lol. Yeah. At the very least, though, I give them credit for actually FIXING a current problem instead of letting it fester the rest of the season. They see the playoffs, and are thinking "Ok, we need to deal with this problem."

Yeah, the Jets signed Folk this offseason after they let Feely go to the Cardinals. I would guess they will owe Folk some cash if they cut him, but obviously winning is more important to them than a couple million bucks.

HOU-TEX
11-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Welp, at least he'll get to go to the playoffs. Good luck, KB, hope you stick with them.

ChampionTexan
12-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Looks like Folk is going to hang on to his job for at least another week.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports that the Jets are likely to stick with Nick Folk for the Week 13 game against the Patriots.
The Jets had Kris Brown in for a workout Tuesday. Mehta says the decision is "not written in stone," but it sounds like Folk will be given one more chance to kick for his job Monday night

LINK (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4273&line=192962&spln=1)

Hookem Horns
12-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Wow, I missed Brown getting cut by the Chargers. When did that happen?

ChampionTexan
12-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Wow, I missed Brown getting cut by the Chargers. When did that happen?

When Kaeding got healthy, and they had to add Vincent Jackson to the 53 man roster (before this past weekend's games).

El Tejano
12-01-2010, 08:50 AM
?????

Maybe he'll help the Jets lose a few games in December.