PDA

View Full Version : A different look @ AJ vs the PUNK

badboy
11-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Here is my concern for the next game against Tennessee; I can see Pollard or Troy Nolan getting a few extra yellow hankies thrown at them. Maybe even Cushing. Each have been known to make contact after the opponent crosses the sidelines. This could have a devastating effect on the outcome of that game. Of course by then the Texans season could have been flushed...

I think Kubiak will do nothing to discourage "physical play" and while I'm very ok with that type of game we need to not have stupid penalties. I also expect to see a lot of jumping off sides from both our offensive and defensive lines.

Also, I think Goodell may be in attendance and will have carefully instructed that referee crew to take control of the game early and there will be a snow of yellow flags in Possum Holler.

Is it possible with all the attention to the Jeff Fisher/ Vince Young squabble that Fisher might want to show both Adams and McNair how he operates?

Did anyone notice how Chris Johnson kept twisting his neck as if he had an injury? His eyes seemed to be darting rapidly back & forth. I have not heard anything about a concussion or other injury. Hopefully his behavior was due to the defense we put on him.

HOU-TEX
11-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Here is my concern for the next game against Tennessee; I can see Pollard or Troy Nolan getting a few extra yellow hankies thrown at them. Maybe even Cushing. Each have been known to make contact after the opponent crosses the sidelines. This could have a devastating effect on the outcome of that game. Of course by then the Texans season could have been flushed...

I think Kubiak will do nothing to discourage "physical play" and while I'm very ok with that type of game we need to not have stupid penalties. I also expect to see a lot of jumping off sides from both our offensive and defensive lines.

Also, I think Goodell may be in attendance and will have carefully instructed that referee crew to take control of the game early and there will be a snow of yellow flags in Possum Holler.

Is it possible with all the attention to the Jeff Fisher/ Vince Young squabble that Fisher might want to show both Adams and McNair how he operates?

Did anyone notice how Chris Johnson kept twisting his neck as if he had an injury? His eyes seemed to be darting rapidly back & forth. I have not heard anything about a concussion or other injury. Hopefully his behavior was due to the defense we put on him.

Pollard's good for at least 2 personal fouls per game anyway.

Johnson's just a dumbass. His dreadlocks have more brains than he does. I usually try not to judge by a person's speech, but for the love of Mike, this dude sounds borderline retarded.

Thorn
11-30-2010, 09:54 AM

I asked about this on a Titans board, and they said it was nothing unusual for him, that's it's due to some previous injury.

badboy
11-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I asked about this on a Titans board, and they said it was nothing unusual for him, that's it's due to some previous injury.Thanks for the info. If we dominated him healthy, it can be done again.

TEXANS84
11-30-2010, 10:03 AM

When VY had his charity bowling event down here on the bye week, one of my employees attended. She mentioned that every 10 seconds Chris Johnson twitches his head back and forth...said it was strange. I would assume that he has some sort of neurological disorder, because when I was watching the sidelines for the Texans game he was doing the same thing.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2010, 10:17 AM

Johnson's just a dumbass. His dreadlocks have more brains than he does. I usually try not to judge by a person's speech, but for the love of Mike, this dude sounds borderline retarded.

:spit: Holy shite!! I needed a good laugh and on que HOU-TEX hooks a brother up!

Jackie Chiles
11-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I asked about this on a Titans board, and they said it was nothing unusual for him, that's it's due to some previous injury.

He has Tourrete syndrome I believe. Not joking, he really does.

Joe Texan
11-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Some one needs to knock the h out of hou-tex

HOU-TEX
11-30-2010, 11:28 AM

Please feel free to do so, Joe. I'll look forward to it

Scooter
11-30-2010, 11:32 AM

the head shaking and bobbing is tourette's.

the dumb as a stump stuff he says and types is all him, but the twitches he has a medical excuse for.

edit: it's a nervous twitch, thanks for the clarification DB.

GlassHalfFull
11-30-2010, 11:35 AM

Please feel free to do so, Joe. I'll look forward to it

I had to read your first post 2 times, at first I thought you were being tongue in cheek about our Johnson, then the whole dreadlock/brain thing kicked in. I wonder if Joe got his johnson backwards. :headhurts:

badboy
11-30-2010, 11:41 AM

the dumb as a stump stuff he says and types is all him, but the twitches he has a medical excuse for.I want to make clear that I was in no way making any remarks about CJ's "movement" other thna I thought he may have had a stinger or more serious injury. The info about Tourette's is helpful but I do not recall seeing him move that way before. My hope was he was uninjured and we were shutting him down so we can do it again. Love him or hate him, CJ is a dangerous weapon that we have to face again.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2010, 11:42 AM

the dumb as a stump stuff he says and types is all him, but the twitches he has a medical excuse for.

Pretty sure this has been discussed before but I don't think it's tourette's syndrome. It's the result of an accident, a subsequent neck surgery or procedure and nerve damage - IIRC..

As far as the dumbass excuse.... I got nothing.

Double Barrel
11-30-2010, 11:43 AM
CJ does not have Tourette Syndrome. Here's his interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_aIX7j0d6o) confirmation. He talks about it at the 3:00 mark. It's a nervous habit.

Jackie Chiles
11-30-2010, 12:00 PM
CJ does not have Tourette Syndrome. Here's his interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_aIX7j0d6o) confirmation. He talks about it at the 3:00 mark. It's a nervous habit.

Thanks for the clarification.

badboy
11-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone thinking the referees will play a very big part in that next game besides me?

Texas T
11-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Anyone thinking the referees will play a very big part in that next game besides me?

I'm sure they will. There is no way that Goodell want anything like this to happen again.
Now my next thought is...this is during the time when the NFL can move game times around into Prime Time-does anyone think that, regardless of playoffs, they might move our next game with the Tacks to prime time due to the stur that this fight caused??

disaacks3
11-30-2010, 01:11 PM
I had to read your first post 2 times, at first I thought you were being tongue in cheek about our Johnson, then the whole dreadlock/brain thing kicked in. I wonder if Joe got his johnson backwards. :headhurts: I've heard of "knickers in a twist", but never "johnson backwards"... :boogereater:

scourge
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I've heard of "knickers in a twist", but never "johnson backwards"... :boogereater:

Perhaps GHF should've said that Joe might have his Johnson confused with another...

disaacks3
11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Perhaps GHF should've said that Joe might have his Johnson confused with another... Did he get pics from Favre too?

Texas T
11-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Perhaps GHF should've said that Joe might have his Johnson confused with another...

Yeah...'cause that sounds soooooo much better!

:smiliepalm:

Thorn
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I've heard of "knickers in a twist", but never "johnson backwards"... :boogereater:

A backwards johnson would be a difficult thing to live with.

scourge
11-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah...'cause that sounds soooooo much better!

:smiliepalm:

Yeah, that was the point. It is more humorous this way to me, though.

Texas T
11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah, that was the point. It is more humorous this way to me, though.

I figured...actually it made me laugh but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

Shaft75
11-30-2010, 01:28 PM

Yeah right...

CJ doesn't have tourette's, just like I don't have enlarged shaft syndrome.

Malloy
11-30-2010, 01:57 PM

Ever heard about the backward Johnson then? :)

Double Barrel
11-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah right...

CJ doesn't have tourette's, just like I don't have enlarged shaft syndrome.

Why would he lie about it? idonno:

Unless you've got something more substantial than the actual player saying he does not have Tourette's...

As far as your own syndrome, too much information! :mcnugget:

brakos82
11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Our johnson's better than your johnson. :runaway:

Texan_Bill
11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
We have a collective johnson? :thinking:

brakos82
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
We have a collective johnson? :thinking:

We used to have two collective johnsons.

hradhak
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
We used to have two collective johnsons.

:clap:

TimeKiller
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
My friend had/sort of has the same twitchy-ness to him. It's not tourettes, just nerves, habit, call it what you will. Crack maybe? lolz...

I hope the refs don't feel the need to impose their presence in Nashville. That would be an overreaction to them UNDER-reacting to the original problem which is: they let this escalate for four quarters without a flag. Again.

As for Nolan/Pollard hits out of bounds, I'd like to read the specific rule to find out exactly what's legal/what's not. Seems like there have been some pretty weird calls/no calls about that lately.

gary
11-30-2010, 05:08 PM
I do not care for CJ as a person but when he is not running against the Texans then I cheer for him as a player because I like watching great players live up to all of the hype.

JB
11-30-2010, 06:48 PM
:kubepalm: Gary!

brakos82
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
http://nflspinzone.com/files/2010/11/vince-young-hurt.jpg

Gary!

Giant Tiger
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM

I was thinking that, too; but there are a couple of games to go first. My guess is they'll be paying close attention to the Titans, since other teams called them dirty as well. That's probably why Andre didn't get suspended.