PDA

View Full Version : We're playing thursday!

Malloy
11-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Holy crap, I just realized that our next game is in THREE DAYS!!!

We're on national TV, we have to win to put the pressure on Indy and the Jax.

And I'll be dead tierd and hung over at work on friday (late games start 2:15am here...)

Trail.Blazr
11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
610 just had Barry Werner saying that Michael Vick as a scrambling QB, is better for the Texan's defense, opposed to a Pocket Passer.

Apparently, I've only imagined past QB's like VY running all over us and embarrassing the Texans out of what should be Texas win's in the past..

fiasco west
11-29-2010, 11:41 AM
610 just had Barry Werner saying that Michael Vick as a scrambling QB, is better for the Texan's defense, opposed to a Pocket Passer.

Apparently, I've only imagined past QB's like VY running all over us and embarrassing the Texans out of what should be Texas win's in the past..

IDK, I can just picture Vick dodging defenders only to throw it to a wide open WR 40 yards down the field. I can see this happening at least 3 times.

HTown2ATX
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I wasn't planning on seeing this game with the season where it was and I don't have NFLN so I wasn't planning on going out to watch that.

Man, gonna have to get out there now.

Peldon
11-29-2010, 11:50 AM
The game will be aired on channel 39 this Thursday. Usually when we play a game on ESPN or NFL Network it will also be aired on a local channel.

TexCanada
11-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm pumped for this game already. I hope that the defense can step up their game again and give us a chance to win this game. I'm going to try and be positive all week.

Hervoyel
11-29-2010, 05:24 PM
There is a collection of teams that we've never beaten and every time we face them I think "Sooner or later the law of averages says we win one of these" but I'm consistently disappointed. Who are these teams we've never beaten?

New York Jets (already beat us this year)
San Diego Chargers (already beat us this year)
Baltimore Ravens (Will be beating us in two weeks)
Philadelphia Eagles (Will be beating us Thursday)
Minnesota Vikings (Not on the schedule this time)

We're collectively 0-16 against these teams.

But who knows, maybe this year we win a game or two against this bunch finally. After all sooner or later we're bound to win one out of sheer dumb luck right?

keyser
11-29-2010, 06:22 PM
The game will be aired on channel 39 this Thursday. Usually when we play a game on ESPN or NFL Network it will also be aired on a local channel.

That's good to know. Can you tell me what the call letters/network for that station are? I live in Bryan, and we get some Houston stations (including whichever one has aired the preseason games), but not all. Our local cable service finally began offering NFL Network (for $7/month!), but I haven't signed up for it yet (and given that I will be on a plane during the game, I'm not sure I want to do so yet...).

Peldon
11-29-2010, 06:34 PM
That's good to know. Can you tell me what the call letters/network for that station are? I live in Bryan, and we get some Houston stations (including whichever one has aired the preseason games), but not all. Our local cable service finally began offering NFL Network (for $7/month!), but I haven't signed up for it yet (and given that I will be on a plane during the game, I'm not sure I want to do so yet...).

In Houston the call letters are KIAH and it's the CW. Looking at Bryan's TV schedule it doesn't look like it's being aired on anything but the NFL network but I could be wrong.

devo-x
11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
There is a collection of teams that we've never beaten and every time we face them I think "Sooner or later the law of averages says we win one of these" but I'm consistently disappointed. Who are these teams we've never beaten?

New York Jets (already beat us this year)
San Diego Chargers (already beat us this year)
Baltimore Ravens (Texans Win)
Philadelphia Eagles (Texans Win)
Minnesota Vikings (Not on the schedule this time)

We're collectively 0-16 against these teams.

But who knows, maybe this year we win a game or two against this bunch finally. After all sooner or later we're bound to win one out of sheer dumb luck right?

Fixed

thunderkyss
11-29-2010, 08:59 PM

Did he not see what Garrard did to us? That's VY lite....

Offense better be on their game Thursday..... I'll tell you right now, defense won't win the game for us.

Arky
11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Fixed

That would be nice. :)

I believe the Redskins were on this list at the start of the year.....

nero THE zero
11-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Apparently the Texans feel pretty confident about their gameplan against the Eagles.

Last night, Ward Tweeted: "Exhausted but we have a good gameplan vs the Eagles this thursday nite! Can't wait! Let's get it!"

Then, this morning, LZ was talking about how the Texans have seen some things on film that lead them to believe that they could have a lot of success running the ball because the Eagles' LB tend to overpursue, thus leaving cutback lanes wide open.

Sounds good to me. But, it's important to remember that Foster touched the ball 39 times against the Titans and this is a short week. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of Ward than we normally do.

El Tejano
11-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Apparently the Texans feel pretty confident about their gameplan against the Eagles.

Last night, Ward Tweeted: "Exhausted but we have a good gameplan vs the Eagles this thursday nite! Can't wait! Let's get it!"

Then, this morning, LZ was talking about how the Texans have seen some things on film that lead them to believe that they could have a lot of success running the ball because the Eagles' LB tend to overpursue, thus leaving cutback lanes wide open.

Sounds good to me. But, it's important to remember that Foster touched the ball 39 times against the Titans and this is a short week. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of Ward than we normally do.

Which could be why Ward Tweeted what he tweeted.

IDEXAN
11-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Texans opened as a 7 point dog, but it's now at 9 and could be at double-digits by KO. That's a really big point-spread for any NFL game.

keyser
11-30-2010, 09:58 AM

Is it just me, or is this the kind of information that it would be better if the Texans did not have announced to the world ahead of the game?

BIG TORO
11-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Texans opened as a 7 point dog, but it's now at 9 and could be at double-digits by KO. That's a really big point-spread for any NFL game.

Im thinking about putting some money on the texans if the spread goes into double digits.

Is it just me, or is this the kind of information that it would be better if the Texans did not have announced to the world ahead of the game?

I was thinking the same thing!

HOU-TEX
11-30-2010, 10:06 AM

You have to pressure a scrambling QB in order to make him scramble. Our front seven isn't camparable to the Bears

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2010, 10:07 AM

Heck, this season, non-running QBs we've faced have at times looked like Arian Foster, against our D.

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Putting your game plan out there more than just simply saying "we think we can have some success running the ball against the Eagles,'' is just like:

http://squintingeyes.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/img_1683.jpg?w=600&h=480

Ryan
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
I will be working right through the game :(

i will track the game on my phone and dvr it and hopefully there will be a good result to watch when i get home.

nero THE zero
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
The Texans didn't "release the gameplan." LZ did.

Regardless, it's not exaclty on the level of Wikileaks to suggest that the team with the NFL leading rusher is going to run the ball.

VTexan
11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Offense is going to have to step up if we are going to win. I'm thinking at least 30 points because our defense (league worse still after a win against Rusty Smith) is going against the most explosive unit in the league.

This game will be a big indicator if the Titans game was a fluke or not.

thunderkyss
11-30-2010, 01:00 PM
....because our defense (league worse still after a win against Rusty Smith) is going against the most explosive unit in the league.

This game will be a big indicator if the Titans game was a fluke or not.

You need another game to decide whether or not the Titans game was a fluke??

Have you been watching any of the other games?

Hardcore Texan
11-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Garrard is another one.

ThaShark316
11-30-2010, 01:19 PM
I think we can get this one...

do one of two things:

jump on them early, or hang around til late, steal it at the end.

stevn8r
11-30-2010, 01:25 PM
The Giants and the Bears gave the "blue print" on how to contain and beat Vick and the Eagles...Rush the left side and contain the right...Use Anderson coming from the left and Mario waiting for a flushed out Vick..He does not throw well when rolling to his right.

Eagles D has injury issues at corner so hopefully that will open up the passing game!

After the beat down the Eagles gave to the Redskins, I thought for sure we were going to get distroyed! But I am feeling a lot better now. Eagles coming off of a loss and Vicks first interception...Us getting our second shut out in team history and Dre's ass kicking of Innegan and the way we play on the road>>>?!?...
There is a chance! :evil:

hradhak
11-30-2010, 03:51 PM
The Giants and the Bears gave the "blue print" on how to contain and beat Vick and the Eagles...Rush the left side and contain the right...Use Anderson coming from the left and Mario waiting for a flushed out Vick..He does not throw well when rolling to his right.

Eagles D has injury issues at corner so hopefully that will open up the passing game!

After the beat down the Eagles gave to the Redskins, I thought for sure we were going to get distroyed! But I am feeling a lot better now. Eagles coming off of a loss and Vicks first interception...Us getting our second shut out in team history and Dre's ass kicking of Innegan and the way we play on the road>>>?!?...
There is a chance! :evil:

The only thing is can we execute the game plan with no real practice and only 4 days between games. If we can get Vick out of the pocket, we have to be able to tackle, which has been a huge issue for all but our last game.