PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Quotes

Farough
11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-3/Postgame-quotes-Titans-at-Texans/c153253d-803a-41c4-afd9-1a4a6b4332ec

My favourite quote:

Coach Kubiak
(on if he called those passes instead of runs or if that was QB Matt Schaub’s doing) “Matt did. Matt called it. I called run, he said, ‘No way, I’m throwing the ball.’”

burro
11-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I can only hope that this is something they've been encouraging Schaub to do and not a sign of key players losing confidence in Kubiak's abilities. Neither would surprise me.

Allstar
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
lol I love Chris Johnson's answers. He's obviously upset with Fisher:

Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson

(on what he attributes to struggling running the ball today) “I’m not sure. We just have to watch film and see what happened. We weren’t able to run the ball at all so I’m not sure.”

(on the biggest factor of not being able to run the ball) “Just couldn’t stay on the field.”

(on Tennessee Titans CB Cortland Finnegan fighting Houston Texas WR Andre Johnson) “I really didn’t see it. I was on the bench. I just know we’re teams that don’t really like each other.”

(on Cortland Finnegan’s reputation of being an “instigator”) “I don’t know.”

(on if the Houston Texans stacking the line against him was a factor) “We really didn’t run the ball so I don’t think it was that. We could have ran the ball on them but we didn’t run it, so it wasn’t anything like that.”

(on if the team had a lack of focus this week preparing for the game) “I wouldn’t say that’s the reason. A lot happened but I wouldn’t say that’s the reason. We just didn’t make plays.”

(on not being on the field on the series before halftime) “I guess they were giving me rest or whatever. Something like that. It wasn’t anything like that, they just didn’t want me in.”

(on being surprised about the lack of run plays with a rookie QB) “I was surprised we didn’t run the ball that much but when we go three and out, what can you do?”

(on if team was distracted by Vince Young story during the week) “I wouldn’t blame it on that. That’s just an excuse.”

El Tejano
11-29-2010, 07:28 AM
To me, this is where the way Jeff Fisher handled Vince is how Jeff Fisher hurt the team. Chris Johnson liked having Vince in there because he took players out of the box and allowed them to both run free.

That's not going to be the case anymore.

mattieuk
11-29-2010, 10:53 AM
(on Cortland Finnegan’s reputation of being an “instigator”) “I don’t know."

Haha!

Way to back up youe teammate. I guess everyone thinks he is a jackass over there too!

Texans said nothing but good things about AJ since the incident, and Titans fans and players are throwing him under the bus.