PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Frank Bush

Wolf
11-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I just want to give props. 1st shutout since 2004. chris Johnson was a non factor. Even if it was Rusty Smith at QB, it still is the NFL and shutouts don't come often in the NFL

BTW I am not saying Bush should still be the DC here, but I will give credit for this gameplan

CretorFrigg
11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
I just want to give props. 1st shutout since 2004. chris Johnson was a non factor. Even if it was Rusty Smith at QB, it still is the NFL and shutouts don't come often in the NFL

BTW I am not saying Bush should still be the DC here, but I will give credit for this gameplan

Good job pitching a shut out, but he needs to go. Most of those incompletions/interceptions were a result of Rusty's errant passes rather than our players being in the right position.

:fans:

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Lord knows I have been riding him and calling for his job the last 4 weeks but I have to give him his props for today's game. Hopefully he finally found something that is clicking because the secondary actually played a good game today.

burro
11-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Good job pitching a shut out, but he needs to go. Most of those incompletions/interceptions were a result of Rusty's errant passes rather than our players being in the right position.

This. We did better today, but the truth is that there were several instances in which we just got lucky.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Still have to give the man his props. His defense pitched a shutout. Criticize him when he is bad, but man up and tip your hat when he has a great game.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Lord knows I have been riding him and calling for his job the last 4 weeks but I have to give him his props for today's game. Hopefully he finally found something that is clicking because the secondary actually played a good game today.

yep me too. I figured I would give him props when he deserved it.

TexCanada
11-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Great job by the whole defense! It feels really nice to be able to say that. Well done gentlemen.

Thorn
11-28-2010, 04:16 PM
yeah, well, let's wait and see what happens this coming Thursday.

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 04:16 PM
i'll give props if we can stop vick

FirstTexansFan
11-28-2010, 04:23 PM

I'm with you Thorn, I'll wait and see. If we have truly fixed our problems by merely bringing the coaches out of the booths upstairs to the sideline, why did it take so long to make this adjustment? But to say we owe thanks to Frank Bush for beating up on a clearly inferior opponent is not within my ability.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM

I don't think our problems are fixed, I am just giving him his due or time to shine for atleast a day .. Not many shutouts in the NFL

and the Titans were picked by 6 , If I am not mistaken

FirstTexansFan
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM

I don't think our problems are fixed, I am just giving him his due or time to shine for atleast a day .. Not many shutouts in the NFL

and the Titans were picked by 6 , If I am not mistaken

Not beating up on ya for posting it Wolf, you're right... a shutout of anyone deserves a thank you :)

stingray
11-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I still want him fired.

b0ng
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Good job Frank Bush. Now please enter the closest rocket you can find and set a course for the Sun.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Not too disparage a shut out victory but what was Jeff Fisher thinking only giving Johnson 7 carries when you have a brand new QB on the field.

Rush attempts 12 Pass Attempts 31

I knock Kubiak HARD for abandoning the run, but that is terrible.

No wonder they scored no points.

Rey
11-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Not too disparage a shut out victory but what was Jeff Fisher thinking only giving Johnson 7 carries when you have a brand new QB on the field.

Good point.

I'm with you on a shut out being good anytime this defense can achieve it...

Something I also noticed was that Randy Moss wasn't even trying...

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM

Despite those people who thought the Texans should have signed him just to stop the Titans becoming all powerful on offense.

Leopards don't change their spots.

hradhak
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Cuz until the last drive, they had a total of 7 total rushing yards.
I wanna give Bush props too. The tackling was a lot better, the gap coverage was nearly flawless. I thought our secondary wasn't much better than previous weeks, but to shutdown CJ completely is a big deal.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Cuz until the last drive, they had a total of 7 total rushing yards.
I wanna give Bush props too. The tackling was a lot better, the gap coverage was nearly flawless. I thought our secondary wasn't much better than previous weeks, but to shutdown CJ completely is a big deal.

When you don't try to rush you don't gain yards. Rushing the ball is a game long commitment, it tires a defense, its not a "it didn't work, lets not do it" thing.

Hagar
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh give me break. We beat a team with no QB. There's nothing to congradulate. The Titan's offense mailed it in.

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh give me break. We beat a team with no QB. There's nothing to congradulate. The Titan's offense mailed it in.

I'll give it up in that they blanked a team that play like thay should have been blanked, but your comment on them mailing it in was spot on. I wondered throughout the game how much was Tennessee's apathy and how much was Houston's skill.

Mr. White
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Was he on the sideline again today? I was sitting too high up to tell.

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Was he on the sideline again today? I was sitting too high up to tell.

He was. :smiliedance:

BigBull17
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM

One reason was Chris Johnson was running gutless. He is a different back when you pop him in the mouth.

edo783
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM
One reason was Chris Johnson was running gutless. He is a different back when you pop him in the mouth.

He got his bell rung early on. They had a lot of shots of him shaking his head like he was trying to clear the cobwebs out. Never ran with any authority after that.

CretorFrigg
11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
He got his bell rung early on. They had a lot of shots of him shaking his head like he was trying to clear the cobwebs out. Never ran with any authority after that.

He always does that. I doubt it's because he got hit early. But you're right about him showing up as a completely different back when he gets hit hard.

bckey
11-28-2010, 08:08 PM
The Texans suck. I don't give Frank Bush any props for this one. The Titans were horrible with Rusty smith at the helm and no running game. The Titans were that bad on offense more than the Texans were that good on defense.

toronto
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM
No offense to Frank Bush, but I could have gameplanned against a team that clearly showed the world they have folded their tent and quit on their coach, their fans and on each other. I only have approximately 3 hours or so of footage from today's game as proof. I saw WRs alligator arm passes, Chris Johnson not fight for yards, no one stepping up and trying to act like the game mattered.

I saw a Titan offense that doesn't give a shit, and has tuned out. They sure played hard for the coach for cancer, didn't they?

As you can see, I am a disgruntled and fed up Titan fan. This team pulled the 'quit' rabbit out of the hat for the second time in two years (last year's 59-0 debacle in NE). If that had been a very good team opposing them, I truly believe it would have been 60-something to nothing.

bckey
11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Rusty Smith had a 26.7 passer rating. What defense couldn't have stopped them?

Runner
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Definitely got the game plan right for this one. Of course he was given a big clue when the Titans announced their QB...

GP
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Rusty Smith had a 26.7 passer rating. What defense couldn't have stopped them?

When Glover Quin and his one hand gets 3 picks against your team, you know that team is in baaaad shape.

I can't give Bush "props" for finally finding a way to flush a damn toilet. This game was absurdly easy.

You know we are too accustomed to mediocrity when we get a thread like this.

b0ng said it best.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
can some of y'all not have fun with this.. geezus Christ. When the Texans get their ass handed to them, it is all about how the the other team put it to them and when the Texans put it to the other team, it is how the other team sucked

this was supposed to be a light hearted thread

what is also sad is that the Titans where still favored (if I read it correctly) even after VY was out

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow, some fans are spoiled brats who can't seem to enjoy ANYTHING.

GP
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
You two guys just stop already.

One thing I can't stand is when Person A starts a thread, Persons B, C, D, and E go against Person A's opinion, and the whole freaking thread is about Person A crying and complaining about how nobody likes his opinion and blah blah blah. Then Person F comes along to support Person A, and so on and so forth.

I am sooooo sorry I have a differing opinion and decided to burst your thread bubble with my OPINION on your thread topic.

Today was OK, but it doesn't undo the complete hack job that's been demonstrated all season until today. Against a verrrry verrrrry bad team. A team our offense should have hung 30 or 40 points upon. But that's a whole other topic.

Yay! Bush stopped somebody. Maybe it IS time to throw a virtual parade down our cyberstreets tonight?

Are you any happier now?

GP
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Good job Frank Bush. Now please enter the closest rocket you can find and set a course for the Sun.

Best post of the day. Thank you for keeping it real.

I love how you started it off as if you were congratulating him...then reversed course and told Bush to hitch a ride to the sun on the first rocket out of Houston.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I am perfectly fine with it but obviously you didn't read much into the thread... there was no "frank Bush is savior" stuff.. it was just a "NFL is a tough place to play and a shutout is hard to do but the Texans got one (since 2004) that was all .. I figured that I want Bush gone and that I would be fair about it and say" well the defense played good" and he deserved credit

Wolf
11-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Best post of the day. Thank you for keeping it real.

I love how you started it off as if you were congratulating him...then reversed course and told Bush to hitch a ride to the sun on the first rocket out of Houston.

who wasn't keeping it real with this thread? you?

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2010, 10:32 PM

I was listening to ESPN. They mentioned that C.J. was playing injured.

Good point.

I'm with you on a shut out being good anytime this defense can achieve it...

Does that really surprise you, since they didn't game plan around him........out of 31 passing attempts, he was rewarded with 3 receptions and 23 total yds, with only a couple more throws toward him that he didn't catch.

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I was listening to ESPN. They mentioned that C.J. was injured.

Does that really surprise your, since they didn't game plan around him........out of 31 passing attempts he was rewarded with 3 reception and 23total yds, with only a couple more throws toward him that he didn't catch.

Randy Moss must be thinking .. "WTF did I get myself into here with these damn hillbillies
" .... lol

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 10:39 PM
I was listening to ESPN. They mentioned that C.J. was playing injured.

Thanks for the info, those guys are REALLY banged up if that is the case.

I wonder if they were tempted to try Simms at any stage.

DexmanC
11-28-2010, 10:50 PM

We're 5-6, and the first time in a long time this team gave up fewer
than 24 points. Holla at me when you're 10-6, while going 4-2 in
the division.

GP
11-29-2010, 12:36 AM
who wasn't keeping it real with this thread? you?

Just stop. I made a huge mistake by going against the grain (by not supporting your congratulatory thread).

My bad. I validate your thread.

Congratulations on starting a thread congratulating Frank Bush for shutting out a completely inept and injury-plagued team.

:popschampagne:

SheTexan
11-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Bush didn't do anything different, but, the team did. I give the D props for playing like they should have played all season, for paying attention, causing some turnovers, hitting just a little bit HARDER, and playing like they wanted to win. There was a definite dif in attitude. JMO! Not a lot of bragging rights though when you play against a team that is completely broken in so many ways. They play like this against the Eagles and Ravens then we can brag about them, and Bush.

GP
11-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Bush didn't do anything different, but, the team did. I give the D props for playing like they should have played all season, for paying attention, causing some turnovers, hitting just a little bit HARDER, and playing like they wanted to win. There was a definite dif in attitude. JMO! Not a lot of bragging rights though when you play against a team that is completely broken in so many ways. They play like this against the Eagles and Ravens then we can brag about them, and Bush.

Worded very well. I'm in the "wait and see" crowd.

HJam72
11-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I believe I saw a lot more wrapping up and not letting anybody break tackles. That's something we really needed. I blame the Int.s on their QB, but props to Quinn for holding on to them with a bad, bandaged hand.

keyser
11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
I believe I saw a lot more wrapping up and not letting anybody break tackles. That's something we really needed. I blame the Int.s on their QB, but props to Quinn for holding on to them with a bad, bandaged hand.

Yes - that has been one of my biggest problems with the Texans to this point - poor tackling. I saw several times yesterday where they did a much better job tackling (Cushing's one-on-one with Chris Johnson being the best example), and not just flying around hitting (though there was at least one good example of that, too, where the hit caused an incompletion). Also, this was something that was not due to just having a first-time-starting opposing QB.

And, while I'll agree that the Titans QB was the main reason for the interceptions, Quin did what he should on those plays (3 times, and with a broken hand), which is more than has been the case in the past.

It was nice to see the Texans take care of business, rather than finding ways to make the game closer than it needed to be.

Mr. White
11-29-2010, 10:33 AM
I've thought about this a little more before I decided to post in this thread.

Shutouts are hard to get in the NFL against any team. They were pretty close to giving up a TD at the end of the game and still came up clutch.

If Bush wants to be here next year, this was a good start to making that happen. If we get embarrassed on Thursday, then this game won't mean jack shit.

HOU-TEX
11-29-2010, 10:41 AM
It was a nice performance, but let's keep in mind what we were facing. A 3rd string QB who still had ample time to throw the ball. Replace Rusty with a qualified NFL QB and it would've been a totally different game IMO.

I'm expecting the Texans to get Finneganned (*****-slapped) in Philly. A good defense coupled with an explosive offense against the Texans might get ugly quick.

BigBull17
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
The last int was an amazing play. We NEVER catch tip balls.

thunderkyss
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM

I agree completely, Frank Bush was doing the same thing he's been doing all year. They didn't do anything differently from a scheme standpoint...... I don't think there were any extra blitzes or anything.. The defense did what they were supposed to do... man their zones, man their gaps, finish tackles.

Amobi, IMHO, had his best game as a Texan... no sacks, but he's always getting in the backfield, just has no idea where the ball is when he gets there. Yesterday, he found the ball, again & again, & again.

Biggest difference in yesterdays game...

Do you know how many 3 & outs our offense had in the first half?? None, zero, zip, zilch, nada...... you know how many times that has happened all year??????

None, zero, zip, zilch, nada....

We only had one possession, where we held the ball less than 2 minutes..... well actually twice, once before the half, the other before the end of the game..... (so they don't really count).

They were able to play like they did last year, because the offense controlled the clock, let them rest, & they were able to fly to the ball. Our biggest problem on defense has been depth... this year was supposed to be the year we got a real DL rotation, with Mitchell & Barwin...... Barwin & Bullman being out for the year really screwed that up.

JB
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I agree completely, Frank Bush was doing the same thing he's been doing all year. They didn't do anything differently from a scheme standpoint...... I don't think there were any extra blitzes or anything.. The defense did what they were supposed to do... man their zones, man their gaps, finish tackles.

Amobi, IMHO, had his best game as a Texan... no sacks, but he's always getting in the backfield, just has no idea where the ball is when he gets there. Yesterday, he found the ball, again & again, & again.

Biggest difference in yesterdays game...

Do you know how many 3 & outs our offense had in the first half?? None, zero, zip, zilch, nada...... you know how many times that has happened all year??????

None, zero, zip, zilch, nada....

We only had one possession, where we held the ball less than 2 minutes..... well actually twice, once before the half, the other before the end of the game..... (so they don't really count).

They were able to play like they did last year, because the offense controlled the clock, let them rest, & they were able to fly to the ball.

If we still had Shanny Jr this year, we would be sitting at least at 8-3...:kitten:

Wolf
11-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I have been on a fire bush fanclub throughout the season

I was just giving props when I started the thread

so.. is it the players not coming out and firing things up or the coordinator?

or is it just the plain ole Texans coming out with nothing to lose and playing for their coaches?

I did see more fire in the scheme ..whether players or coaches making plays

JB
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
I have been on a fire bush fanclub throughout the season

I was just giving props when I started the thread

so.. is it the players not coming out and firing things up or the coordinator?

or is it just the plain ole Texans coming out with nothing to lose and playing for their coaches?

I did see more fire in the scheme ..whether players or coaches making plays

I think it was a combination of playing our biggest rival, playing with more fire, coaches stressing fundamentals, and the offense playing much, much better.

Allstar
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
No 'Congrats Glover Quin' thread?

thunderkyss
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM
If you haven't seen the Game Balls video on HT.com, I highly suggest it. I especially liked the part where Kubiak say Frank Bush has no ass left. "He's been upstairs, downstairs, etc.... But he's always got your backs."

Or something like that.

machineo
11-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Congrats on your outlier game Frank Bush.

steelbtexan
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Congrats on the Rusty Smith game

Good luck with Mike Vick in Philly on Thursday night in prime time.

Rey
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Shutouts are hard to get in the NFL against any team.

Yep...

It's very rare to come across a team that already struggles a bit offensively, starting a third string QB and the star RB and recently acquired WR are pretty much going through the motions. Not to mention facing injuries at multiple key positions and coming off a tumultuous week where they found out their OC had cancer and their starting QB quit on the team....again...

I agree that shutouts are hard to come by, but the Texans got a lot of help getting that one.

Rey
11-29-2010, 11:32 PM
This game didn't do a thing for me as far as my outlook on the team goes. They will not make the play-offs and I will be surprised with a 9-7 finish. I want to have hope as a fan, but my mind is just telling me to stop it.

Bentley was on the radio earlier and he said that from the first possession he could tell that the Titans weren't into it. He said that Chris Johnson was not himself and he said he was surprised to see him in the line-up as much as he was.

If the Texans go to philly and play well, my interest will peak and my faith may be restored....Too bad that just isn't going to happen though.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-30-2010, 02:48 AM
A broken clock is right twice a day.

TheMatrix31
11-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Yep...

It's very rare to come across a team that already struggles a bit offensively, starting a third string QB and the star RB and recently acquired WR are pretty much going through the motions. Not to mention facing injuries at multiple key positions and coming off a tumultuous week where they found out their OC had cancer and their starting QB quit on the team....again...

I agree that shutouts are hard to come by, but the Texans got a lot of help getting that one.

To the ignore list you go. I have not read one freaking positive thing from you.

thunderkyss
11-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Yep...

I here what you are saying, & you make some good points. But, let's get real. A shut out is a shut out.

The defense did what they were supposed to do against a gimpy offense. If they had allowed Tennessee to score 10-16 points, then I could understand your p.o.v.

The Colts came in without Clark.... for some reason we were supposed to shut them down.... didn't happen, and we *****.

The Titans come in missing a QB who happens to be playing well this year. They still have the same OL, the same Pro Bowl running back.... we shut them down........ and we still *****.

162 total yards. I don't care who you play.... that deserves a pat on the back in this league.

& that's all that is being said in this thread, no one is calling us the second coming of the '85 bears.