PDA

View Full Version : Dre Whips Finnegan

Pages : [1] 2 3

jerek
11-28-2010, 03:40 PM
But there is this part of me that wishes Andre Johnson had connected with that shot he threw at Finnegan ... would've been lights out ...

Texans34Life
11-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I thought he connected twice....once to the back of the head and the uppercut to his f'n face!

brakos82
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
But there is this part of me that wishes Andre Johnson had connected with that shot he threw at Finnegan ... would've been lights out ...
Remember when we joked that Andre looked like Muhammad Ali after the Washington TD?

Yeah.... lol

Wolf
11-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Remember when we joked that Andre looked like Muhammad Ali after the Washington TD?

Yeah.... lol

http://nimg.sulekha.com/sports/original700/andre-johnson-reed-doughty-2010-9-19-19-40-9.jpg

SoCalTexanFan
11-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Love seeing AJ with emotion. Can't wait to see what he does to him in the next game. Guarantee Finnegan won't make the same mistake....GO AJ

Texecutioner
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Finnegan has had that coming for years. AJ finally had enough and raped Finnegan. It's been a long time coming and I only wish it would have lasted longer.

TEXANRED
11-28-2010, 03:45 PM

Yeah but now he is going 2 get a suspension. I say 4 games.

BrandonLwowski
11-28-2010, 03:47 PM
It was awesome but i hope he doesnt get a suspension...does anyone know the rule to that

fikster
11-28-2010, 03:47 PM

No way, 1 game max if that.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 03:49 PM

Rodney Harrison didn't get a suspension for hitting Big Ben last week, so why would Andre? Especially when Finnegan threw punches, too.

Dread-Head
11-28-2010, 03:49 PM
:headhurts: What the vugg was that?! As much as I dislike Finnegan André lost his cool and shouldn't have. Knowing how cool André NORMALLY is, I can't help but wonder what the HELL Finnegan must have be saying/doing all game to make the man snap like that. AJ doesn't get rattled that easily. I've lost a little respect for the guy. I still think him a class act, but this is clearly beneath him and not one of his shining moments.

...although I have to be honest, I would have loved for him to have done this against the Cowgirls.

TEXANRED
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM

For two fists to the face? I don't know. Maybe Johnson gets a hand slap considering his rep.

awtysst
11-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I just don't understand why yall would like this. It is a HORRIBLE example to set for kids. Telling kids its perfectly ok to knock someone down and take a couple of shots as the way to resolve conflict is a poor message.

Plus, this is a team sport. AJ SHOULD be suspended for a game or two. So, he will hurt the team's chances against the Eagles and Ravens. Those were going to be tough games. Without AJ those are essentially L's.

awtysst
11-28-2010, 03:51 PM
:headhurts: What the vugg was that?! As much as I dislike Finnegan André lost his cool and shouldn't have. Knowing how cool André NORMALLY is, I can't help but wonder what the HELL Finnegan must have be saying/doing all game to make the man snap like that. AJ doesn't get rattled that easily. I've lost a little respect for the guy. I still think him a class act, but this is clearly beneath him and not one of his shining moments.

...although I have to be honest, I would have loved for him to have done this against the Cowgirls.

Agreed. I would like to see AJ address the media and apologize. He should say that he made a monumental mistake and that fighting has no place in football and life in general.

Tailgate
11-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Did you see the play??? Finnegan came after him HARD with a push to the head and didnt have any plans to quit... basically attacking him. He did what 99.9% of all MEN would have done at that point. If anything, I have even MORE respect for AJ.

texan279
11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
I just don't understand why yall would like this. It is a HORRIBLE example to set for kids. Telling kids its perfectly ok to knock someone down and take a couple of shots as the way to resolve conflict is a poor message.

Plus, this is a team sport. AJ SHOULD be suspended for a game or two. So, he will hurt the team's chances against the Eagles and Ravens. Those were going to be tough games. Without AJ those are essentially L's.

Do you really think we have a chance to beat Philly or Baltimore with or without AJ?

Dread-Head
11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Rodney Harrison didn't get a suspension for hitting Big Ben last week, so why would Andre? Especially when Finnegan threw punches, too.

I thought that was Richard Seahorn who hit Roethlissburger? Part of me wants to joke and say I haven't seen anyone get hit that hard since that Asian stripper tagged Bill for stuffing Thai money into her G-string, but given the gravity of this situation, this is going to have some ramifications.

DexmanC
11-28-2010, 03:53 PM

What kind of example does hockey set? It's a sport where the refs actually
back off, and no one is assigned to the penalty box until a player drops
to the ice.

I could think of a couple reasons why such a double standard exists, but
I'll leave it alone...

TEXANRED

Not arguing that Finnegan didnt deserve it, just sayin that when the league reviews the tape they will see Johnson rip off Finnegan's helmet and throw and connect two punches and also rips the refs hands off of him.

Mr. Texan
i love andre johnson.......no homo

texan279
did you see the play??? Finnegan came after him hard with a push to the head and didnt have any plans to quit... Basically attacking him. He did what 99.9% of all men would have done at that point. If anything, i have even more respect for aj.

+1..

BrandonLwowski
Can someone make an animated GIF with Finnegen winking and then andre whooping his a$$

awtysst
11-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Did you see the play??? Finnegan came after him HARD with a push to the head and didnt have any plans to quit... basically attacking him. He did what 99.9% of all MEN would have done at that point. If anything, I have even MORE respect for AJ.

Oh please. I would hope 99.9% of men would be able to not resort to fisticuffs. Shoving is fine, but AJ crossed the line. He ripped off CF's helmet and hit him with closed fists. There is no reason for that despicable behavior on the football field or in life.

AJ is a person many children look up to. AJ told them that the way to deal with adversity is with your hands and not your brain.

Dread-Head
11-28-2010, 03:55 PM

I saw it as well as how Finnegan has been messin with him all day. I won't say I wouldn't have given him a helmet to the facemask, but that's me. Hauling off and clocking the guy only makes AJ look like the bad guy no matter HOW big a jerk Finnegan is.

Texecutioner
11-28-2010, 03:56 PM

Cosign on this one. I cant' believe that anyone would lose respect or knock AJ for this. Finnegan's been taking dirty shots at AJ for years and other players as well, but especially AJ. He took a shot at AJ's facemask and poked the bear for the last time.

I have even more respect for AJ as well. Sometimes a beat down is what a guy needs and Finnegan needs even more than what he got.

And it isn't AJ's job to teach kids how to act on a football field. It's the parents of kids that play and their own coaches to teach them how to act. AJ is only human and you can't expect him to continually put up with a dirty scoundrel like Finnegan constantly taking dirty shots at him every year. Finnegan needed to get raped and he did. And even after it happened he was winking and smiling. No more validation was needed to show that AJ was justified at that point in my book.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
I saw it as well as how Finnegan has been messin with him all day. I won't say I wouldn't have given him a helmet to the facemask, but that's me. Hauling off and clocking the guy only makes AJ look like the bad guy no matter HOW big a jerk Finnegan is.

Absolutely true, Finnegan is a jerk but clever enough to not get caught throwing great haymakers at another player.

Finnegan is a game player and he made AJ lose it big time.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhLwEj1ZtI

video

awtysst
11-28-2010, 03:58 PM
to the ice.

I'll leave it alone...

I agree. I don't like fighting in hockey either. To a certain extent you are right, though the refs are trying to limit the fighting. Yes I know where you are going with the double standard...

AJ is a person you could point to as the guy who plays the game the right way. Parents could point to a guy who works hard and plays hard FOR the team and does so in a productive way.

Dread-Head
11-28-2010, 03:58 PM
to the ice.

I'll leave it alone...

Ever try to break up a fight when BOTH combatants are on ice skates? It's not that easy and it's kind of dangerous. Someone falls and kicks and you have a damn nasty gash from the blade of a skate. Ever take a blade to the leg? It hurts like a son of a *****.

gary
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Both were wrong but the punk was Finnegan the asshole.

BrandonLwowski
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
HERES THE VIDEO GUYS!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhLwEj1ZtI

DexmanC
11-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Ever try to break up a fight when BOTH combatants are on ice skates? It's not that easy and it's kind of dangerous. Someone falls and kicks and you have a damn nasty gash from the blade of a skate. Ever take a blade to the leg? It hurts like a son of a *****.

Neither player is ejected from the game, nor suspended for fighting. They
just sit for a couple minutes in the penalty box, and it's back to the ice.
My description of the glaring double-standard still applies.

Nobody ever goes knee-jerk about fighting in hockey.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Johnson vs Pacquiao lol

BullsOnParade
11-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree. I don't like fighting in hockey either. To a certain extent you are right, though the refs are trying to limit the fighting. Yes I know where you are going with the double standard...

AJ is a person you could point to as the guy who plays the game the right way. Parents could point to a guy who works hard and plays hard FOR the team and does so in a productive way.

You don't like fighting in hockey!? Do you know anything about the sport, or are you just talking out of your @ss...? Go watch soccer or tennis. Leave hockey alone. You obviously have no respect for the game.

P.S. Finnegan deserved every bit of that. I just wish it wasn't during the football game.

Ranger Tom
11-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Johnson vs Pacquiao lol

Pacquiao would have put up more of a fight.

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Cosign on this one. I cant' believe that anyone would lose respect or knock AJ for this. Finnegan's been taking dirty shots at AJ for years and other players as well, but especially AJ. He took a shot at AJ's facemask and poked the bear for the last time.

I have even more respect for AJ as well. Sometimes a beat down is what a guy needs and Finnegan needs even more than what he got.

And it isn't AJ's job to teach kids how to act on a football field. It's the parents of kids that play and their own coaches to teach them how to act. AJ is only human and you can't expect him to continually put up with a dirty scoundrel like Finnegan constantly taking dirty shots at him every year. Finnegan needed to get raped.

1. Yeah, CF has been doing that to AJ for years, and AJ handled it properly until now. He continually outplayed CF and made him look foolish time and time again. Instead of lowering himself to CF's tactics, he stayed above the fray.

2. That's a nice sentiment, but we all know that's not how it works. Young players try to emulate older ones. AJ has tried to emulate his hero: Jerry Rice. Would Jerry Rice ever swing at another player? Nope. He'd laugh it off and laugh as the opposing player cost his team 15 yards.

The bigger is in life. If a punk is constantly bothering you, would you resort to fisticuffs? If you do, you could go to jail for it. What made AJ so amazing was that he was like Jerry Rice in talent and personality. He didn't let opposing players bother him. Now, he has lost some of his luster.

BullsOnParade
11-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Richard Seymour guys...

Pantherstang84

You know what? I used to get bullied in school until I stood up in 7th grade and kicked the caca out of one of them. Never got messed with after that. Same thing with my two boys. They got bullied until they stood up. Sometimes you just have to do it. And teaching your kids otherwise sets them up to get bullied their whole life.

fikster
Oh please. I would hope 99.9% of men would be able to not resort to fisticuffs. Shoving is fine, but AJ crossed the line. He ripped off CF's helmet and hit him with closed fists. There is no reason for that despicable behavior on the football field or in life.

AJ is a person many children look up to. AJ told them that the way to deal with adversity is with your hands and not your brain.

Statements like yours are the reason we will always be 8-8 or 7-9. A player stands up for himself and defends his house and you get in here and talk about kids looking up to him. Kids should look up to their parents not a professional athlete they will never have a relationship day to day. The captain of our team did something he felt he had to do in order to get the bs with finnegan to stop. Now what we need to do is talk to our kids and tell them that wasn't the best way to handle but sometimes it happens.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Not arguing that Finnegan didnt deserve it, just sayin that when the league reviews the tape they will see Johnson rip off Finnegan's helmet and throw and connect two punches and also rips the refs hands off of him.

But Richard Seymour didn't get suspended for throwing punches last week, so AJ shouldn't either. And of course Finnegan deserved it. Had it coming for years.

fikster
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Neither player is ejected from the game, nor suspended for fighting. They
just sit for a couple minutes in the penalty box, and it's back to the ice.
My description of the glaring double-standard still applies.

Nobody ever goes knee-jerk about fighting in hockey.

Preach!

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:06 PM
You don't like fighting in hockey!? Do you know anything about the sport, or are you just talking out of your @ss... Go watch soccer or tennis. Finnegan deserved every bit of that.

Yes, I know all about the sport. I am well aware of the history of the sport and thoroughly enjoy it. It does not mean I have to enjoy every part of it. I believe what is holding hockey back is the fighting.

Oh, and try to make a salient point without the use of poorly devised person jabs.

BrandonLwowski
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
NEWS UPDATE Chuck Knorris doesn't throw punches he throws AJ's

b0ng
I respect Andre's actions. After watching the montage of cheapshots in this game and seeing the crap Finnegan pulls somebody needed to bloody his lip. Besides that, fighting is not the end of the world and happens all the time.

Please don't use "Think of the Children" arguments. If you don't want children seeing violence they shouldn't be watching a football game anyway.

GuerillaBlack

Please.

Richard Seymour threw punches at Big Ben last week and only got a fine. Andre should not be suspended. It's not like it was one-sided.

Dishman
to the ice.

I'll leave it alone...

Fair enough, but if Andre is suspended for any length of time will it have been worth it? If I'm hoping the wins continue then probably not, but if the next game or two are losses anyway then maybe it is worth it.

BullsOnParade
Yes, I know all about the sport. I am well aware of the history of the sport and thoroughly enjoy it. It does not mean I have to enjoy every part of it. I believe what is holding hockey back is the fighting.

Oh, and try to make a salient point without the use of poorly devised person jabs.

Holding the sport back? Honestly, from someone who has played hockey all my life, you're what's holding the sport back.

Surreal McCoy

Dunno about that. We have no history or really large fanbase so look for them to make an example of the Texans.

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 04:08 PM
1. Yeah, CF has been doing that to AJ for years, and AJ handled it properly until now. He continually outplayed CF and made him look foolish time and time again. Instead of lowering himself to CF's tactics, he stayed above the fray.

2. That's a nice sentiment, but we all know that's not how it works. Young players try to emulate older ones. AJ has tried to emulate his hero: Jerry Rice. Would Jerry Rice ever swing at another player? Nope. He'd laugh it off and laugh as the opposing player cost his team 15 yards.

The bigger is in life. If a punk is constantly bothering you, would you resort to fisticuffs? If you do, you could go to jail for it. What made AJ so amazing was that he was like Jerry Rice in talent and personality. He didn't let opposing players bother him. Now, he has lost some of his luster.

Sports figures should NEVER be your kids Heros, you as a father should be and if you are not, you are failing as a parent, period

Ranger Tom
11-28-2010, 04:09 PM

We might be going off-topic here, but I agree. Every time I see hockey players ripping their gloves off, I find myself exasperated, wishing they'd get back to the game.

burro
How could anyone hate on Andre for what happened out there today? When did giving someone what they deserve, especially when they are provoking, become a morally despicable thing to do? I say good for Andre and good for the Texans, maybe now we wont be viewed as the vagina of the NFL.

Malloy
I'm proud of AJ!

On that specific play Finnegan hit AJ HARD in the face, he did not even WANT to play football, all he wanted was to hurt AJ. AJ responded :)

If someone tried to break my neck while I'm trying to do my job, I would freaking bash his head in. AJ's response is standing up for oneself, I would even go as far as to call it self defence.

BullsOnParade
I think flopping is what's holding soccer back. Talk about men acting like girls.

TEXANRED
11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
But Richard Seymour didn't get suspended for throwing punches last week, so AJ shouldn't either. And of course Finnegan deserved it. Had it coming for years.

Lets hope your right. We got Philly on Thursday, Baltimore on Monday, and back to the Titans. And we are only 1 game out of 1st

Texecutioner
11-28-2010, 04:11 PM

You can't expect AJ to be a robot and not have any emotion or any type of backbone at all. That's not realistic. When this becomes a pattern with AJ and he's repeatedly ripping helmets off of DB's and beating the snot out of them every other week then I'll agree with you and your point. This will probably be a one time incident where AJ showed his more human side and Finnegan's antics finally hit a boiling point where he erupted. I have no problem with AJ standing up for himself and destroying Finnegan. I wish he would have gotten a little longer actually, so Finnegan could have finally gotten the message, but unfortunately he'll be right back at it next week with someone else and with AJ again winking and all. He's a scumbag, and eventually scum like him needs to get dealt with. You can only turn the other cheek for so long.

Mr. Texan
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=66205

not even tits fans are defending finnegan

Jackie Chiles
Please.

Richard Seymour threw punches at Big Ben last week and only got a fine. Andre should not be suspended. It's not like it was one-sided.

I'm pretty sure he will be suspended for a game. Finnegan might be as well.

Totally worth it though, **** Finnegan if he thinks he can get away with that ****. If that can't light a fire under our butts for the rest of the season we might as well just forfeit the rest of our games. SHUTOUT!

mattieuk
You know what? I used to get bullied in school until I stood up in 7th grade and kicked the caca out of one of them. Never got messed with after that. Same thing with my two boys. They got bullied until they stood up. Sometimes you just have to do it. And teaching your kids otherwise sets them up to get bullied their whole life.

Man, you were so wrong.

As all of the anti-AJ's ass kicking crowd are mentioning, the best way to deal with a bully, is let then get away for their actions without getting any sort of comeuppance (and heck, why not earn a few million dollars in contract money at the same time!). Teaching bullies a lesson, shesh, what is the world coming to!

:sarcasm:

TheRealJoker
11-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Does anybody have pics of Aj punching Finnegan?

awtysst
Statements like yours are the reason we will always be 8-8 or 7-9. A player stands up for himself and defends his house and you get in here and talk about kids looking up to him. Kids should look up to their parents not a progressional athlete they will never have a relationship day to day. The captain of our team did something he felt he had to do in order to get the bs with finnegan to stop. Now what we need to do is talk to our kids and tell them that wasn't the best way to handle but sometimes it happens.

1)There is a difference between defending the house and AJ's actions. For example, AJ could have thrown a nice hard block on CF on the next play or two. Plus, look at the schedule. The Texans NEED to win a bunch of games. If AJ is suspended 1 game, its pretty much a loss. We don't have the kind of depth at WR to make up for his loss.

2) Kids should look up to better role models not athletes. I agree. But they don't. Kids look up to all kinds of poor role models. Here is the thing, if a kid resorts to fisticuffs to settle an issue they may get suspended or even expelled from school. THAT is going to hurt them when it is time to apply for college. They may have been a great student but that one moment had MAJOR effects.

We need to teach kids to resolve differences not with fisticuffs but with their brains.

And quite frankly it is losing players of AJ's caliber to suspensions which will keep the team at 7-9 or 8-8. Not people like me.

headsplint
Seriously!?!? You guys who are bashing AJ for losing his cool? Trade in your pink panties for some big boy underwear. That was the effing shit! I'm all about role models and professionalism, but C.F. is one of the biggest P.O.S. in the NFL and deserved that beat down.

I would have done the same thing and been proud for my son to see it. Sorry about the personal attack but jeez this isn't golf, or tennis it's the goddamn NFL. Man up!

Nothing could have made my day any better.

HJam72
11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm proud of AJ!

On that specific play Finnegan hit AJ HARD in the face, he did not even WANT to play football, all he wanted was to hurt AJ. AJ responded :)

If someone tried to break my neck while I'm trying to do my job, I would freaking bash his head in. AJ's response is standing up for oneself, I would even go as far as to call it self defence.

Exactly. There's a point where fighting is necessary for self-defense or the defense of others. It's one thing to turn the other cheek and quite another to just keep looking for fresh places on you that they can abuse next.

It's not like anyone can accuse AJ of being a bully here. That cheap-shot punk's been pulling crap like that every game against him for years. I doubt it will actually stop the prick, but I don't blame him at all. Enough is enough.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Statements like yours are the reason we will always be 8-8 or 7-9. A player stands up for himself and defends his house and you get in here and talk about kids looking up to him. Kids should look up to their parents not a professional athlete they will never have a relationship day to day. The captain of our team did something he felt he had to do in order to get the bs with finnegan to stop. Now what we need to do is talk to our kids and tell them that wasn't the best way to handle but sometimes it happens.

Agreed.

Sometimes you lose your cool like that and it happens. Courtland was being a ***** any ways and deserved it. He's like that one guy you throw into a NBA game just to piss off the other players.

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I wish someone would have whipped up on Allen when he dove at Schaub's knees . The Texans have always been passive and while I don't like AJ getting into a fight ... you gotta defend yourself or change youer name to the Houston Amish .

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:16 PM
You don't like fighting in hockey!? Do you know anything about the sport, or are you just talking out of your @ss...? Go watch soccer or tennis. Leave hockey alone. You obviously have no respect for the game.

P.S. Finnegan deserved every bit of that. I just wish it wasn't during the football game.

Show me where in my post I "disrespected" hockey. I simply pointed out that I did not like an aspect of it. I simply choose to think for myself and render my own opinions. If THAT is your definition of disrespect, then you have a lot of growing up to do.

HJam72
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Agreed.

Sometimes you lose your cool like that and it happens. Courtland was being a ***** any ways and deserved it. He's like that one guy you throw into a NBA game just to piss off the other players.

Dennis Rodman. Fennigan, Rodman, clowns....and homos....not that there's anything wrong with that.

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 04:17 PM
For all those talking about how they lost some respect for AJ and how he is a role model and failed the kids and oh, how AJ lost some of his "Jerry Rice-class" by kicking that little vagina's a$$----"Cry me a MF River".

Pro athletes are NOT role models for kids or anyone else.

AJ is still a classy guy in my book and I was very impressed by how AJ dominated that punk and kicked his a$$.

Don't mess with AJ:strangle:

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:20 PM
I am actually quite disappointed with the responses I am seeing right now. There are right ways and wrong ways to respond to bullying.

Teaching children its ok to resort to fisticuffs is a recipe for disaster. We should instead teach our children to out-think and use cunning strategy to get out of difficult situations.

I mean, lets say your kid has a job where a fellow employee is picking on them. Do you want them to resort to fisticuffs and likely lose their job? Or instead use their brain and find a way to expose and deal with the bully in a way that allows them to keep their job?

CretorFrigg
11-28-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure he will be suspended for a game. Finnegan might be as well.

Totally worth it though, **** Finnegan if he thinks he can get away with that ****. If that can't light a fire under our butts for the rest of the season we might as well just forfeit.

Hey, even if Andre Johnson is suspended, that'll give him time to heal his bum ankle.

BullsOnParade
Show me where in my post I "disrespected" hockey. I simply pointed out that I did not like an aspect of it. I simply choose to think for myself and render my own opinions. If THAT is your definition of disrespect, then you have a lot of growing up to do.

You're 29. Quit acting like you've seen it all. Fighting is part of hockey, and it always will be. More people come to the game, than stay away from it, because of fighting. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I can already tell you don't play it.

Like I said, I wish the fighting wouldn't have happened on the football field, because it isn't part of the sport, but to say Cortland didn't deserve it...

C'mon man. He's been asking for it for years.

mattieuk

That was the worst thing that AJ did in the whole ordeal.

Tailgate

Right on. There is a point to where, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Marcus
11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I wish AJ would have ripped Finnegan's face off.

He provoked all of that in order to get AJ out of the game. Did you see how he was clapping and celebrating to his bench after they escorted AJ off.

Seriously, Finnegan needed to lose some teeth over that.

TexansFight
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
It's obvious who HASN'T played a sport by some of the Nancy boy replies on this thread.

AJ showed pure LEADERSHIP. He is the emotional leader of the team and stood up for himself and his teammates against a cheap shot punk. I hate Finnegan more than any player in the NFL.

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I am actually quite disappointed with the responses I am seeing right now. There are right ways and wrong ways to respond to bullying.

Teaching children its ok to resort to fisticuffs is a recipe for disaster. We should instead teach our children to out-think and use cunning strategy to get out of difficult situations.

I mean, lets say your kid has a job where a fellow employee is picking on them. Do you want them to resort to fisticuffs and likely lose their job? Or instead use their brain and find a way to expose and deal with the bully in a way that allows them to keep their job?

Dude, when did the NFL become Primrose? GMAMFB Bro. These are men in adult situations. Kids need to see this and learn from their parents that this is not the way you should handle things....however once your Brady Bunch Happy ending is over--you need to explain to your kids the way the world is and teach them how to defend themselves.

fikster
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=awtysst;1592890]1)There is a difference between defending the house and AJ's actions. For example, AJ could have thrown a nice hard block on CF on the next play or two. Plus, look at the schedule. The Texans NEED to win a bunch of games. If AJ is suspended 1 game, its pretty much a loss. We don't have the kind of depth at WR to make up for his loss.

2) Kids should look up to better role models not athletes. I agree. But they don't. Kids look up to all kinds of poor role models. Here is the thing, if a kid resorts to fisticuffs to settle an issue they may get suspended or even expelled from school. THAT is going to hurt them when it is time to apply for college. They may have been a great student but that one moment had

1. No doubt the Texans need Andre but the Texans also need to show some heart and emotion.

2. You have got to be kidding me. Step up and parent your kid. You need to be a role model to them, not a pro athlete. Andre had enough and did what he felt he needed to do as a man. Did you ever play sports because physical contact and violence is part of all sports. I back Andre 100% because this is not something he does every day. That tells me that finneatrick did something that the couldn't stand anymore.

Finally, if he does aggressively block the guy and handles it in your passive aggressive fashion, who is to say that he doesn't get a reputation as a dirty player. At least now, he will be known as someone you don't screw with. Maybe that part will spread through the team and we will have a backbone.

BullNation4Life

I'm disappointed that you think professional athletes should be role models and heroes to young children when that job falls directly on the parent. You still have a lot to learn...

TexansFight

This man gets it

False Start
I had no problem with it. Finnegan was being his usual self and playing like a dirty b!tch! I guess he finally got tired of being owned by Dre, and couldn't take it no more. Dre is the most humble player in the game so I think it had to be something really bad for him to go off like that. :wild:

I bet Finnegan will think twice before he decides to unleash the beast again.

There are a lot of people here that say this team needs to show some attitude, and fight in them. Then, when they do folks complain, I don't get it.

Thats just my take on the situation.

HJam72
Hate to tell y'all this, but I saw three punches landed by AJ in the replay on YouTube. The roundhouse when Finn first went down, a second more normal, somewhat roundhouse-ish punch, and the upper-cut. The first roundhouse slammed Finnegan's head into the dirt. I believe it landed and did anyway.

b0ng
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Comparing being in grade school and having a job is not good. And yes, if my child is getting bullied by some kid who's bigger than him you are damn straight he is learning self defense. We all get it, you don't like violence. As you can see you are in the minority here and you're going to be typing words on the internet for a long time trying to defend your position.

TexansFight
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM

To hell with the kids. This is the frigging NFL. I'd erect a statue of AJ pummeling Finnedouche if I owned the Texans.

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
LOL @ the nfl becoming a daycare to teach kids moral values

LOL

again....LOL

Mr teX
This has been brewing for years...Finnegan can't cover him so he tries to push AJ's buttons & until today AJ had resisted for the most part. AJ should be commended for being able to resist this long. Finnegan the little irish-looking leprechaun, got exactly what he deserved...a beat down. Even titans fans agree.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=66205

mattieuk
I had no problem with it. Finnegan was being his usual self and playing like a dirty b!tch! I guess he finally got tired of being owned by Dre, and couldn't take it no more. Dre is the most humble player in the game so I think it had to be something really bad for him to go off like that. :wild:

I bet Finnegan will think twice before he decides to unleash the beast again.

There are a lot of people here that say this team needs to show some attitude, and fight in them. Then, when they do folks complain, I don't get it.

Thats just my take on the situation.

Spot on.

I think we'll have a lot more posts like this when people are back from the game.

BullsOnParade
Comparing being in grade school and having a job is not good. And yes, if my child is getting bullied by some kid who's bigger than him you are damn straight he is learning self defense. We all get it, you don't like violence. As you can see you are in the minority here and you're going to be typing words on the internet for a long time trying to defend your position.

Amen.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Andre Johnson trending on Twitter.

False Start
Finnegan reminds me of this guy:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4486/kylewithouthat.jpg

mattieuk

LOL

again....LOL

But it is!

If you are getting bullied, then deal with the SOB that is being a jackass. Great life lesson for kids in school IMO.

HJam72
Here's what I like:

AJ waits all this time, until we are winning against them in a 17-0 game with the ball and 3.5 minutes or so left in the game, to pound on Finnegoober's head. :)

LonerATO
Finnegan did something or said things to AJ all day and it was go time for AJ. I can understand when someone says something to you and you walk away, but in AJ's case you can't walk away. I lost no respect for the man and if any thing I respect him for letting Finnegan know he's no ones punk.

OzzO
FINISH HIM!

I can dig it. Probably years of frustration built up as well. Shoulda went up the coaches afterwards and yelled, "I'm coming for you next, unless you turn this friggin team around!"

headsplint
11-28-2010, 04:29 PM

I would much rather my son come home and say some guy pushed me in the face dad, so I beat the shit out of him, than for him to say some bully knocked my glasses off, bloodied my lip, and blackened my eye dad, but after he was done punching me I told on him.

C'mon man!

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:30 PM
You're 29. Quit acting like you've seen it all. Fighting is part of hockey, and it always will be. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I can already tell you don't play it.

Like I said, I wish the fighting wouldn't have happened on the football field, because it isn't part of the sport, but to say Cortland didn't deserve it...

C'mon man. He's been asking for it for years.

So what if I am 29. DOes that mean, I am not allowed to register an opinion? What age do I need to be to have the ability to express my thoughts. I have never said I have seen or know it all. I am expressing an opinion. Fighting is currently a part of hockey. I don't deny that. But it does not have to be. Neither of us are mind readers and know where it is going in the future. I don't like the fighting aspect of hockey. International hockey does not have fighting. The Olympic hockey tournament does not allow fighting and it was an exciting tournament in my opinion. No I don't play hockey. So what? Are you saying only a person who has played a sport is qualified to comment on it?

Sure, CF is a punk. He has been one for years. But playing hard within the game of football would have been smarter. Instead of ripping CF's helmet off, taking him down, and landing a couple of uncontested shots, he could have been smarter. Let CF throw that punch and then use his inertia on the next play to deliver a nice strong hard block.

Again, I am still waiting for you to identify EXACTLY where i disrespected hockey. If you are going to throw those terms around you need to have the ability to back it up.

MEGA SWATT

LOL

again....LOL

Yeah, some posters want this to be Primrose up in here:kitten:

PockyAF
LOL.

ND Kalu just said that "the fight was awesome. If you didn't like what you saw, then you're either a women or a man who wishes he had women body parts."

Even he said Courtland is a punk.

"Did you see the connection?"

:laughjump:

Pantherstang84
LOL at N.D. Kalu on 610 postgame..

"If you didn't like what you saw from AJ either you are a woman or a man who wishes he had woman body parts."

HJam72
11-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Finnegan did something or said things to AJ all day and it was go time for AJ. I can understand when someone says something to you and you walk away, but in AJ's case you can't walk away. I lost no respect for the man and if any thing I respect him for letting Finnegan know he's no ones punk.

That's just it. You can't always walk away. That argument is false-logic.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 04:31 PM
LOL.

ND Kalu just said that "the fight was awesome. If you didn't like what you saw, then you're either a women or a man with women parts."

Even he said Courtland is a punk.

"Did you see the connection?"

:laughjump:

Beat me to it.

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:32 PM
I would much rather my son come home and say some guy pushed me in the face dad, so I beat the shit out of him, than for him to say some bully knocked my glasses off, bloodied my lip, and blackened my eye dad, but after he was done punching me I told on him.

C'mon man!

See I would rather my son come home and say, see Dad I had this bully at work, who was bothering me. Instead of beating the **** out of him and getting fired, I used my head and now, not only is he gone, but I was promoted!

headsplint
11-28-2010, 04:34 PM

"If you didn't like what you saw from AJ either you are a woman or a man who wishes he had woman body parts."

Exactly! I can't imagine the fight breaks out and a football fan looks away in disgust. If that's the case, maybe a little less desperate housewives on sunday and a little more football.

awtysst
11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Alright, I am done. I have expressed my opinion. Yall don't like it and that's fine. I am done with this topic until we hear how the NFL i going to deal with this and potential suspensions.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 04:35 PM
See I would rather my son come home and say, see Dad I had this bully at work, who was bothering me. Instead of beating the **** out of him and getting fired, I used my head and now, not only is he gone, but I was promoted!

Glad I'm not your son.

TexansFight
AJ got a game ball from Kubiak. His coaches and teammates love and respect the hell out of him.

headsplint

"...out of him and getting fired, I used my head and now, not only is he gone, but I was promoted.....and he gave me my dolly back!"

Buffi2

One minute here. I am a woman, a retired elementary school teacher and I like what AJ did. Applaud him even. Hayull, I wish he'd given Finnegan a bloody nose and knocked out a few teeth. Not that I would ever have advocated that in a classroom.:spin:

GuerillaBlack

LOL. Life isn't a fairy tale.

LonerATO
11-28-2010, 04:36 PM
CBS just showed AJ getting a game ball and apologizing to the team for losing his cool. Guy is beyond class act and this team needs to get him in the playoffs

MEGA SWATT
So what if I am 29. DOes that mean, I am not allowed to register an opinion? What age do I need to be to have the ability to express my thoughts. I have never said I have seen or know it all. I am expressing an opinion. Fighting is currently a part of hockey. I don't deny that. But it does not have to be. Neither of us are mind readers and know where it is going in the future. I don't like the fighting aspect of hockey. International hockey does not have fighting. The Olympic hockey tournament does not allow fighting and it was an exciting tournament in my opinion. No I don't play hockey. So what? Are you saying only a person who has played a sport is qualified to comment on it?

Sure, CF is a punk. He has been one for years. But playing hard within the game of football would have been smarter. Instead of ripping CF's helmet off, taking him down, and landing a couple of uncontested shots, he could have been smarter. Let CF throw that punch and then use his inertia on the next play to deliver a nice strong hard block.

Again, I am still waiting for you to identify EXACTLY where i disrespected hockey. If you are going to throw those terms around you need to have the ability to back it up.

The reason they were uncontested is because Finnedouche was pinned on the ground by one of AJ's hands while the other delivered some blows to the head.....That's called getting your a$$ kicked.

Bro, stop whining.

Wolf
I hope yall got to catch the lockerroom speech

AJ-
"I am sorry about what happened on the field, I should have kept my cool. (missed the middle of it and couldn't type fast enough)
."

mattieuk
11-28-2010, 04:39 PM

AJ-
"I am sorry about what happened on the field, I should have kept my cool. (missed the middle of it and couldn't type fast enough)
."

And we're back to AJ being perfect again.

Dread-Head
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM

AJ-
."

I saw it too and my towering respect for this incredible athlete has been restored. That man is the epitome of class and dignity despite his actions of the field today. Love ya André.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
**** that, Andre. THANK YOU. No need to apologize. You basically gave the highlight of the season so far.

False Start
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM

AJ-
."

I saw that, Dre is a hell of a person, and a laid back guy........that I would not fluck with. :hide:

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Hate to tell y'all this, but I saw three punches landed by AJ in the replay on YouTube. The roundhouse when Finn first went down, a second more normal, somewhat roundhouse-ish punch, and the upper-cut. The first roundhouse slammed Finnegan's head into the dirt. I believe it landed and did anyway.

And that's called "getting your a$$ kicked"

:fingergun::fingergun:

TexCanada
11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I have mixed feelings about this situation. A guy like CF surely does have a beating coming to him, but I don't feel as though a single thing was accomplished by AJ delivering it to him. Does anybody really think that CF is thinking, "man I sure learned my lesson today"? No, he is probably sitting there thinking that he finally accomplished what he wanted to, getting under the great AJ's skin.

An ass kicking on the scoreboard is a lot greater punch to the mouth then a physical punch to the mouth is in this situation.

Grams

Well I am a woman and I absolutely LOVED what AJ did to that punk!

He had been hitting AJ with his elbow in the throat at the LOS. You rock AJ!!!

OzzO
Hard to hit a guy when he assumes the HWSNBM fetal position when you're wailing on him.

Maybe the NFL will send AJ a thank you card and a gift certificate to Chili's.

TexCanada
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM

AJ-
."

Thanks for sharing this, I didn't see it. Good stuff.

TheMatrix31
I have mixed feelings about this situation. A guy like CF surely does have a beating coming to him, but I don't feel as though a single thing was accomplished by AJ delivering it to him. Does anybody really think that CF is thinking, "man I sure learned my lesson today"? No, he is probably sitting there thinking that he finally accomplished what he wanted to, getting under the great AJ's skin.

An ass kicking on the scoreboard is a lot greater punch to the mouth then a physical punch to the mouth is in this situation.

Doesn't matter to me what the hell he thinks about it. An ass-kicking is an ass-kicking.

ChrisG
Extremely proud to b wearing a# 80 jersey today

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Doesn't matter to me what the hell he thinks about it. An ass-kicking is an ass-kicking.

Did I really rep you for this post? Winning cures everything I guess. I tried to rep you but I must spread it around.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2010, 04:45 PM
man's game.

Carr Bombed

LOL, now way in hell is it 4 games......Big Ben didn't even get that for rape.

Worst case scenerio.....1 game suspension. And at just a 1 game suspension the question has to be raised.......why didn't Andre throw more punches :). A 1 game suspension is a bargain.

BullsOnParade

Just stop.

Fighting in the Olympics? No, that's not a good idea. Do you know why? Because we're representing countries coming together for sports, instead of fighting.

You don't take contact out of football. You don't take stealing bases out of baseball. You don't take dunks out of basketball. It's what makes the sport. You're taking something out of the sport that's integral, and you don't even understand why it's in the sport in the first place. That's how you're disrespecting hockey.

You're not old enough to register a response until you can realize all of that. I'm not responding to you anymore. It's pointless. Believe what you want. :smiliepalm:

Rey
11-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah...I wish Andre would've connected more solidly...

But still...Finnegan got his ass handed to him...

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2wmj1uu.gif

Dread-Head
11-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Just stop.

You don't take contact out of football.:

Then the league should REALLY stop Fing with Harrison of the Steelers and just let the man play football.

PapaL
I think Terrance Howard: Whoop That Trick Lyrics redone are in order:

I'ma make these suckas recognize, I aint playing ho
If you violate, off the top, trick you gotta go
I,ve done held in,a lot of shit,
...And I'm bout 2 flip
Now I think it's time 2 show you bitches who you ****in with
A-JAY, that's the name,
And I came to bring the pain

Mr teX

my new avatar!!!

BullsOnParade
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I love how Cowher supports AJ and how Kubiak gave him the game ball. Sometimes fighting is just.

Go search Cortland Finnegan on YouTube, and just look at all the clips of his cheap shots.

Shaft75
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Thank god! It's about friggin time!

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 04:51 PM

HTown2ATX
LOL...man....'Dre effed homeboy up!!!

Cortland got JACKED!!!

GuerillaBlack
Thank god! It's about friggin time!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1592999#post1592999

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I'M THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

I'M PRETTY!

I'M A BAAAAD MAN!

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/91/l_21d51d4c0cd143598e40527683a0c43b.jpg

FirstTexansFan
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Merge in 3...2....1

Mr teX
11-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I'M THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

I'M PRETTY!

I'M A BAAAAD MAN!

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/91/l_21d51d4c0cd143598e40527683a0c43b.jpg

nice!

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 04:54 PM
....best GIF ever.

Mailman
11-28-2010, 04:55 PM
One play that is certain to get lost in the wake of AJ making Finnegan his personal Robin Ventura is the atrociously dirty facemask committed two plays earlier by Michael Griffin, who mysteriously was not penalized on the play (they called it on Finnegan lol).

Were it not for Griffin yanking at Foster's facemask as he raced by, Foster probably would've had a 96 yd TD run.

hradhak
11-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Frankly, I'm glad AJ put this guy in his place. He's a POS and the NFL should be looking into suspending and getting rid of Finnegan from the league.

AJ's going to get suspended, I have no doubt, but I think they should go easy on him since he's never had any history of this and Finnegan is a turd.

hradhak
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
One play that is certain to get lost in the wake of AJ making Finnegan his personal Robin Ventura is the atrociously dirty facemask committed two plays earlier by Michael Griffin, who mysteriously was not penalized on the play (they called it on Finnegan lol).

Were it not for Griffin yanking at Foster's facemask as he raced by, Foster probably would've had a 96 yd TD run.

Yeah I was pissed when I saw that. I'm hoping the NFL gets a look at it too.

GP
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
The only thing I saw wrong with it, was that there wasn't another Texans player jumping Finnegan as hd stood out there and winked and gloated.

Should've been Pollard racing right AT Finnegan when he did that.

It should have taken all of the field security to whisk Finnegan off the field for his own protection.

I don't think Finnegan tries the cheap stuff next time. McNair is probably already compiling years and years of footage to show Goodell. Just a hunch. He went to see Goodell on behalf of Cushing.

HTown2ATX
11-28-2010, 04:57 PM

The only thing missing from this GIF is the bad ass uppercut that AJ landed...that was the best part....anyway to add that?

Dude, AJ is an effing beast. I partied way to hard last night and was on sobriety watch all day and doing some stuff during the game (since both teams heading into this game appeared to be garbage I didn't commit to 3 hours of sofa time).

Luckily I had just sat down to eat some lunch on the play before the fight and I even noticed AJ in the bottom of the screen having words.

Next play was AMAZING. These teams hate each other and 'Dre is a beast hands effing down! I don't know if Cortland things AJ is weak cause he is quiet or something but he should have learned his lesson last year up in Bumblescum. Some bitches just don't learn and I damn near spit my food out watching AJ lay the law down.

Pimps up, ho's down....and Cortland.....you down fool...lol @ u.

Bigbots_02
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Its really aggrivating to listen to people talk about how they lost respect for Andre Johnson. Not many have said it but to the few who have... Seriously, you should find a cliff. Andre is a class act 99.9% of the time. And although Im aware that this is football and not boxing, you dont know what really happened. At this point in time, even if Andre really was to blam...SO WHAT... like I said, hes a class act 99.9% of the time. And believe me when I say, the last thing he would want to do is hurt his team but... If he does get suspended, it really is unfortunite but Id gladly take it... Im sure he thinks just like me... Damn the money, Im a MAN 1st

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
The only thing I saw wrong with it, was that there wasn't another Texans player jumping Finnegan as hd stood out there and winked and gloated.

Should've been Pollard racing right AT Finnegan when he did that.

Sure and get another playing risking suspension, smart call that.

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 05:02 PM
The only thing missing from this GIF is the bad ass uppercut that AJ landed...that was the best part....anyway to add that?

http://i56.tinypic.com/6o03ep.jpg

Runner
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Oops - merged threads the wrong way, so I changed the title to be more general.

Farough
11-28-2010, 05:04 PM
As much as I hate that Andre is probably going to get suspended for this. I LOVE IT! Finally someone stood up to that ******! He went straight at 'Dre's face on that play, its clear as day. Finnegan deserves anything that comes his way.

HTown2ATX

Awwwwwwww sssshhhhiiiiiitttttttttt........lol DAMN!!!!! That uppercut man.

Damn!

I mean, he held Cortlands head still and everything to set him up for the uppercut. Set him up perfectly.

Makes me wonder how many fights 'Dre must have been in growing up in Miami.

I'd rep you again if I could!

b0ng
Posted at BRB:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n306/blazin_6/149634_1491792904697_1530240210_31019602_8091211_n .jpg

Hook'Em, you know this has to be on the website somewhere. Even if it's only for a few hours.

FirstTexansFan
11-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Awwwwwwww sssshhhhiiiiiitttttttttt........lol DAMN!!!!! That uppercut man.

Damn!

I'd rep you again if I could!

Wow, didn't notice him grabbing him by the hair just before the uppercut... I'd say that made the point! LOL

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Is it just me or does Finnegan come up at the end laughing at AJ?

Farough
11-28-2010, 05:07 PM

Nope, not just you. Looks like he was laughing. Probably nervous laughter

Tailgate
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM

What better way to try and "look" like you actually didnt get your ass just beat.

HTown2ATX
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM

He was trying to play it off like most punk do when they get stole like that..

LOL....Cortland will be feeling that for a while.

(been watching this GIF for like 5+ minutes......)

Bulluck53
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
He's laughing because he is THAT guy who gets his ass beat and still talks ish. Just how he is

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 05:11 PM
CF thought he just got AJ ejected and didn't know he too was ejected from the game, that is why his punk arse was laughing...

notice he wasn't laughing when Dre was landing them bean pies on his head...

TITAN1
Both acted like jerks. Props to the Texans on a well played game!

Wolf

he was laughing and clapping and called AJ a Mother F'er

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
He got up and started laughing and clapping, and jiving like an illiterate douche****.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 05:14 PM
good thing AJ didn't take MMA training with Cush last summer

Nawzer
11-28-2010, 05:14 PM
That replay keeps getting better and better.

burro
11-28-2010, 05:21 PM
That's what all punk ass bitches do when they get beat down. They get up talking shit after it gets broken up. Fruitigan = owned

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 05:22 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/242bva9.jpg

:kingkong:

The Cush
11-28-2010, 05:22 PM
I love how Finnegan spent so much effort throwing Andre's helmet after he ripped it off, that definately cost him any chance of getting the dominant position in that fight. Glad to see that punk finally get what was coming to him

burro
11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
good thing AJ didn't take MMA training with Cush last summer

For real! The only thing that could have made that better is if it had been Cushing pounding on him. If he got up at all, he wouldn't have been laughing.
:fans:

PockyAF
11-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Yea teaching your sons that getting punched in the face is ok, teaching your daughters that being sexually abused is ok, saying that we should of just sat back after 9/11 would have been a great decision. Yea, you're right. There's no case, whatsoever, in which we should ever resort to violence.. psst.

All extreme examples, but what did it have in common with what Courtland did to AJ today, and in multiple games in the past? They were all an act of violence. He went straight for his head on back to back plays. His sole intentions were to HURT him, severely. AJ had probably had his chin-strap, buckled tightly too, he could have caused a serious neck injury. If you think that's acceptable, then you're values and morale are all jacked-up.

This was not just trash-talking, and small cheapshots. Again, it was an act of violence.

I wouldn't even call Courtland a bully. A bully just pick on you (trash talk, cheapshots), not try to harm you in a serious manner. Courtland was an attacker today, and I'm proud that AJ stood up and defended himself.

Mr teX
11-28-2010, 05:28 PM
He's laughing because he is THAT guy who gets his ass beat and still talks ish. Just how he is

Yeah, this is true. Dude has probably been getting his ass beat like that since he was in elementary school; probably why he plays the way he does.

run-david-run

Uhh, the Titans got both in this case. I bet you he'll think twice after the next couple of weeks when everyone in the NFL sees that video and gives him hell for it. He's a cocky little p*ick, and he just got exposed.

PapaL
I for one, love this thread and all the various responses.

Regardless of where you sit on the fence; it is a great Texans day.
This week we'll be headlines not for choking but for delivering two whoopings in one day.

mattieuk
11-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Yea teaching your sons that getting punched in the face is ok, teaching your daughters that being sexually abused is ok, saying that we should of just sat back after 9/11 would have been a great decision. Yea, you're right. There's no case, whatsoever, in which we should ever resort to violence.. psst.

All extreme examples, but what did it have in common with what Courtland did to AJ today, and in multiple games in the past? They were all an act of violence. He went straight for his head on back to back plays. His sole intentions were to HURT him, severely. AJ had probably had his chin-strap, buckled tightly too, he could have caused a serious neck injury. If you think that's acceptable, then you're values and morale are all jacked-up.

This was not just trash-talking, and small cheapshots. Again, it was an act of violence.

I'm proud that AJ stood up to that bully today.

Dude, I hate that faux Irish moron, but he ain't Bin Laden.

PockyAF
11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Dude, I hate that faux Irish moron, but he ain't Bin Laden.

I don't know. His face looks like some serious WMD to me. I'm sure that his winks and grins resulted in several death of kittens.

Rey
11-28-2010, 05:34 PM

I'd be more ashamed if my Kid only knew one way to think.

I think different situations call for different measures. I don't believe in one clear cut way to handle every situation.

Sure it's fine to handle a potentially rowdy situation in the work place that way...But what if your child goes to jail for a crime he didn't commit...

Should he go in there are be someones ***** and complain to a warden and guards who don't give a damn? Or if he is capable should he just knock the shit out of the 6 ft 190lb SOB who is trying to take his bread?

I know that is an extreme example, but my point still stands.

Personally I don't have a problem with using physical force in some occasions.

Yes this Andre thing will have negative ramifications possibly in the form of a suspension...But that said, there are positives that can come from the situation as well.

As man..Well really as a human being, sometimes you will be put in situations where physical violence is necessary to your sanity and/or survival.

TheMatrix31
He got schooled in the endzone on Andre's TD and proceeded to bruise his vagina.

PhilpW
Texans showed some backbone today. We are considered "soft" by the league for taking the kind of crap the Titans are known for. Not today. I'm sure Andre is is not proud of what he did, but this may help this lethargic group.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Texans showed some backbone today. We are considered "soft" by the league for taking the kind of crap the Titans are known for. Not today. I'm sure Andre is is not proud of what he did, but this may help this lethargic group.

Last season the Texans showed some fight against the Titans(yeah there was both types of fights last year too) . I just wish they would show the same fight against all the other teams as well

BIG TORO
11-28-2010, 05:38 PM
I was there and I just have to say AJ! AJ! AJ! AJ! efeen rocks!

fiasco west
What will be great is if the NFL suspends Finny for being a repeat offender and just fines Andre.

It is entirely possible this happens.

Do it NFL. You may actually teach Finny a thing or two if you do this. If you suspend Andre then Finny thinks he's won that battle and will continue this crap.

drs23

I say if your kid's job is as #80 on the Houston Texans then that "fellow employee" got what he'd been begging for. Wouldn't wanna ignore him, his feelings might be hurt.

:fans:

^^^What they said.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 05:39 PM

I told my 8 year old what you said just now. He said somebody needs to kick YOUR ass. I am beaming with pride. Quit being such a girl and nut up.

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I gave up on this thread on page 3. How long did the rest of you last until it got repetitive?

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I told my 8 year old what you said just now. He said somebody needs to kick YOUR ass. I am beaming with pride. Quit being such a girl and nut up.

lol....

Kids say the dardest things....

mattieuk
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I gave up on this thread on page 3. How long did the rest of you last until it got repetitive?

Still going.

GO AJ! :)

Texecutioner
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Come on guys lets not totally berate Awtysst over his comments here. I heavily disagree with what he's saying myself, but he's generally a pretty good poster in here. He doesn't need to be raked over the coals for his beliefs on this particular issue.

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM

I could watch this....

all day long....

Texecutioner
11-28-2010, 05:46 PM
I could watch this....

all day long....

So could I man. :ahhaha:

This is probably the highlight of my football season!!

Malloy
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM
For the record I'm not especially pro violence, I'm pro self defence, and I'm pro 'standing up for oneself'

One view does not exclude the other.

As a kid a guy from my school tried to strangle me, I first opted to remain passive in order for him to realize that what he was doing was wrong. When my sight started to blur I stopped him, he never made a move at me again.

Sometimes, one has to do stuff that one is not proud of, but it's better than doing nothing.

BullNation4Life
Come on guys lets not totally berate Awtysst over his comments here. I heavily disagree with what he's saying myself, but he's generally a pretty good poster in here. He doesn't need to be raked over the coals for his beliefs on this particular issue.

Eh he can have his beliefs but him thinking professional athletes should be role models and heroes to young kids is what I find disconcerting...

your children should not look up to people that make millions to play a game, they should look up to you as their parents...

Runner

Absolutely right. Keep the name calling to Finnegan, not fellow posters.

Showtime100
I could watch this....

all day long....

Couldn't agree more!! Btw, mark me down as in the camp that says Andre did what he had to do. :fans:

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Eh he can have his beliefs but him thinking professional athletes should be role models and heroes to young kids is what I find disconcerting...

your children should not look up to people that make millions to play a game, they should look up to you as their parents...

That's not turrible - C. Barkley :ahhaha:

Allstar
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
It's a physical game. When you get paid to hit people, fights happen. Don't know why anyone is butt hurt about this.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Lets do a quick check on the fight stats here.

AJ 6'3" 225 - Finnegan 5'10" 188

Lets also look at the fight action, the much larger man throws his opponent onto the ground.

The larger man then starts to throw punches on an unsuspecting opponent, because that doesn't happen in the NFL.

The much larger man lands two clean punches on the much smaller opponent.

The much smaller opponent gets up laughing showing absolutely no damage from the larger man's undefended and unexpected punches.

Does that sound right?

Ok, give props to AJ if you must for not taking Finnegan's crap anymore, but lets not pretend that this was any sort of fair fight or a beating on Finnegan.

Finnegan was laughing because he got that reaction out of AJ. Players like him, act like they do to take the opponent out of their normal mindset. AJ throwing punches was a huge victory in Finnegan's mind games.

I believe that if Finnegan wasn't such a tool, with a terrible reputation he probably would not of been ejected.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I could watch this....

all day long....

This is the only thing that needs to be shown for the highlights tonight for this game.

Pretty much sums up the game perfectly.

Runner
11-28-2010, 05:58 PM

Lets also look at the fight action, the much larger man throws his opponent onto the ground.

The larger man then starts to throw punches on an unsuspecting opponent, because that doesn't happen in the NFL.

The much smaller opponent gets up laughing showing absolutely no damage from the larger man's undefended and unexpected punches.

Does that sound right?

Ok, give props to AJ if you must for not taking Finnegan's crap anymore, but lets not pretend that this was any sort of fair fight or a beating on Finnegan.

Finnegan was laughing because he got that reaction out of AJ. Players like him, act like they do to take the opponent out of their normal mindset. AJ throwing punches was a huge victory in Finnegan's mind games.

I believe that if Finnegan wasn't such a tool, with a terrible reputation he probably would not of been ejected.

Let's not forget that poor little overmatched guy got a few free shots to Dre's face on the snap during the game. Some early shots while being protected by some combination of Dre's good nature, the no fighting rule, and "let them play referees" even out big bad Andre's advantage.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 05:59 PM
My post deleted?

Lol @ moderating team. My post was perfectly within the rules. Censorship at its best.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM

Does that sound right?

Oh God.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM

Does that sound right?

he got his reputation for a reason this will be his 4th or 5th fine this season (If i heard right from NFL network) (and we can previous seasons to it)

Finnegan knew what he was doing,(talking the shit and going borderline dirty if not dirty) and AJ isn't a fighter

Should AJ have thrown punches? Even AJ said he was sorry that it happened and it shouldn't have happened.. People lose their cool and all one can ask is that they hold their composure the next time

Actually I was surprised last year when Finnegan tried to take AJ's head off there should have been a fight .

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM

Does that sound right?

Wow kiwi. Unsuspecting? Your story begins with Andre throwing him to the ground. Lets look at the first contact on this play (to say nothing of the play before)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/FinneganDefense.jpg

I was brought up to defend myself, the big bad man Andre was given little choice.

drs23
11-28-2010, 06:04 PM

Before a large audience as well. THANKS, AJ!

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow kiwi. Unsuspecting? Your story begins with Andre throwing him to the ground. Lets look at the first contact on this play (to say nothing of the play before)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/FinneganDefense.jpg

I was brought up to defend myself, the big bad man Andre was given little choice.

Silence. Everyone who sees this pic and is playing Finnegan as the victim needs to stay SILENT.

Brisco_County
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
My only criticism of Johnson is that he didn't land a cleaner punch.

It's nonsense to fault Andre. When authorities do nothing to stop violators, you do something about it. You make them pay. It's part of being a man, and it's expected. Bending over and accepting crap isn't civility, it's fear, and it encourages the criminals and reprobates of the world.

Now officials will pay more attention to Finnegan and not give him an inch, which they should've done long before any fistfights were sparked.

2slik4u
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
I just don't understand why yall would like this. It is a HORRIBLE example to set for kids. Telling kids its perfectly ok to knock someone down and take a couple of shots as the way to resolve conflict is a poor message.Plus, this is a team sport. AJ SHOULD be suspended for a game or two. So, he will hurt the team's chances against the Eagles and Ravens. Those were going to be tough games. Without AJ those are essentially L's.

Dude give me a break. What you are saying is a perfect example of being to PC. If "daddy" cant explain to "junior" why he shouldnt do that then "daddy" shouldnt let his kids watch a violent game like football.

This is a grown mans game that is for our entertainment! Not saying it was right or not but I am very glad that our "gentle giant" showed some piss and vinegar out there.

It shows these players still have some fight in them that many of us debated was gone over the past four weeks.

They kicked him out and he will be fined, hopefully it ends at that seeing how his track record is next to perfect.

drs23
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Yeah...I wish Andre would've connected more solidly...But still...Finnegan got his ass handed to him...

Rey, that upper cut CONNECTED!

awtysst
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM

I appreciate that.

I have had some time to reflect and I still disagree with Andre's actions.

I think what I am most disappointed in at the moment is the reaction of many of the poster's here.

There are many things which we can agree and disagree about. However, there is no reason to resort to personal attacks. If you disagree with my comments, feel free to do so. What keeps this particular community strong is the ability to civilly air out disagreements. In a good discussion, back and forth viewpoints are always appreciated.

Resorting to name calling cheapens your argument and takes away from the power of your argument. I am disappointed more people chose to use the former when addressing my commentary.

2slik4u
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Dunno about that. We have no history or really large fanbase so look for them to make an example of the Texans.

No fanbase?

Not gonna happen. He will be fined and it will be forgotten.

Heath Shuler
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM

Does that sound right?

:goodpost:

:kubepalm:

cdollaz
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Something else that should be considered when doling out punishment: their behaviour after the incident. Andre walks off the field quietly, and the other asshole keeps flapping his mouth at everyone, trying to incite the crowd, and pretty much acting like a dick all the way into the locker room. That right there shows you the difference between these two people.

mattieuk
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM

Does that sound right?

http://film.virtual-history.com/photo/06/large/06085.jpg

Reminds me of this. Finnepunk runs his mouth off to everyone, hiding behind the fact if they touch him they'll be fined, and finally someone does something about it, and ends up getting bad rep for doing what everyone wanted doing. AJ is our Lennie.

FR0497
Dre did what every other receiver in the NFL probably wants to do to Finn. We will probably lose him for a game but damn it that was a loooong time coming and worth it IMO.

TheRealJoker
When will we find out if AJ is suspended?

2slik4u
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM

probably in the next two days.

Wolf
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM

Casserly said the league will talk about it tomorrow. He said this was AJ's first time getting fined (he believed) and Finnegan has been fined 4 times already.

TheRealJoker
11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Casserly said the league will talk about it tomorrow. He said this was AJ's first time getting fined (he believed) and Finnegan has been fined 4 times already.

AJ was also fined for last year's skirmish with Finnegan when we beat the Tacks on the road I think.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Silence. Everyone who sees this pic and is playing Finnegan as the victim needs to stay SILENT.

That is football, happens plenty of times every week. Throwing punches not so much.

I'm not saying Finnegan is a victim, I'm arguing he got what he wanted out of the situation and that AJ didn't hurt him with the punches.

JCTexan
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Something else that should be considered when doling out punishment: their behaviour after the incident. Andre walks off the field quietly, and the other asshole keeps flapping his mouth at everyone, trying to incite the crowd, and pretty much acting like a dick all the way into the locker room. That right there shows you the difference between these two people.

Hopefully the NFL looks at the play and realizes that Finnegan went after Andre's facemask at the beginning of the play, and ripped/threw his helmet off to get Andre pissed enough to throw punches. Another thing that should be noted; Andre & Finnegan went at it pretty good in Tennessee last year.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Should AJ have thrown punches? Even AJ said he was sorry that it happened and it shouldn't have happened.. People lose their cool and all one can ask is that they hold their composure the next time

Glad AJ has said sorry, everyone has a breaking point I guess.

drs23
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM

Mario just launches. Finnabitch is gonna be puffy tomorrow. Couldn't happened to a more deserving _____ by a better MAN. Go Andre!

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
What will be great is if the NFL suspends Finny for being a repeat offender and just fines Andre.

It is entirely possible this happens.

Do it NFL. You may actually teach Finny a thing or two if you do this. If you suspend Andre then Finny thinks he's won that battle and will continue this crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg&feature=related

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM

So your saying Finnegan expected to get punched in an NFL game, and could see the punches coming through the back of his head.

Eyes in the back of his head, no wonder Finnegan is a good CB. Maybe he can teach that trick to our CBs.

ziggy29
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Ah, so he's the A. J. Pierzynski of the NFL...

Hardcore Texan
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I read about half this thread, and see alot of posters bashing each other. Look, no matter how emotional the topic, take a step back.

Bottom Line: Regardless of how anyone feels about it, Aj WILL get suspended and now we won't we see him in prime time, maybe two games in a row. In the end, the team is hurt by this.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
That is football, happens plenty of times every week. Throwing punches not so much.

I'm not saying Finnegan is a victim, I'm arguing he got what he wanted out of the situation and that AJ didn't hurt him with the punches.

And I'm arguing that he's a moron and that it doesn't matter what he thinks or gets out of it, he got an ass-beating that he deserves.

There are other reasons people get their asses beat besides getting their ass beat to get taught a lesson.

Sometimes, it just happens. If he's causing the fight by being a dirty prick, chances are he's going to think the same way whether he gets his ass beat or not.

b0ng
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Bottom Line: Regardless of how anyone feels about it, Aj WILL get suspended and now we won't we see him in prime time, maybe two games in a row. In the end, the team is hurt by this.

Source?

If you're just guessing then you should probably put that you are just guessing since you state things so matter-of-factly.

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM

Does that sound right?

Finnegan, is that you? You got your a$$ beat down bro, BEAT down!

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM
So your saying Finnegan expected to get punched in an NFL game, and could see the punches coming through the back of his head.

Eyes in the back of his head, no wonder Finnegan is a good CB. Maybe he can teach that trick to our CBs.

You think he's a good CB. *stares* mmmk.

Yes, actually, I am sure he knew those punches were coming in an NFL game. He did everything he could to bring them on not just that play, but the whole game. Yes, he expected and even wanted this to happen. That's Courtland. That's his game. Good CB, out of respect for you kiwi, I'll just say I disagree.

gwallaia
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Andre is a man.
Courtland is a *****.

Andre will beat that POS Punk every time.

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM

amen brother!

Grforces
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Finn got what he deserved. The league should of done something about him a long time ago. The irony of Fisher being on the competition commitiee, and having the dirtiest, cheapest player on his team dosen't escape me. I loved the hit, I loved it, loved it, loved it. No one deserved it more, and im glad he got it from the most elite reciever in the league.
Everyone always says we don't show toughness, we don't show emotion, we let other teams pound on us and always take it.
Well eat it!

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
That's the whole thing I wonder if the Finnegan defenders understand. If Andre just went off for no reason I don't think he'd have much support here for his actions.

Brisco_County
It looks like a Texans fan has edited the Wikipedia entry on Cortland Finnegan:

On November 28, 2010, Finnegan incited a fist fight with Texans WR Andre Johnson and lost. The repercussions of the fight are currently pending.

BigBull17
He should get what Symore got.

Houston_Fanatic
I appreciate that.

I have had some time to reflect and I still disagree with Andre's actions.

I think what I am most disappointed in at the moment is the reaction of many of the poster's here.

There are many things which we can agree and disagree about. However, there is no reason to resort to personal attacks. If you disagree with my comments, feel free to do so. What keeps this particular community strong is the ability to civilly air out disagreements. In a good discussion, back and forth viewpoints are always appreciated.

Resorting to name calling cheapens your argument and takes away from the power of your argument. I am disappointed more people chose to use the former when addressing my commentary.

Well, then add me to your list of posters you are disappointed in. I am a mother to two boys and I (and their Dad) taught them to stick up for themselves and their friends and not let bullies get away with their crap.

I applaud what AJ did today - good for him standing up to that punk ass! It is the only thing bullies understand - you can't reason with them.

And bullies can be girls, too. My oldest came home with bite marks on his arm and it was a girl doing it to him. He was 6' 2" as a freshman in high school so he couldn't even grab her arm w/o getting suspended. I told him to take his size 14 steel-toed Doc Martin boots and step on her toes and while she was pinned to bend down and get in her face and talk some sh*t to her. I promised him he wouldn't get suspended for being "clumsy". The bite marks ceased.

Hervoyel
11-28-2010, 06:37 PM

This post makes you appear to be a colossal vagina. I would hope that 99.9% of men would have a point at which enough becomes enough and a response must be forthcoming. Children who look up to AJ also can and do reach a point where they have to defend themselves and AJ just taught them that when you get to that point you try and knock the sucker into last month.

That's just me though. I saw Finnegan jab at Andres eyes twice and that was enough for me. I don't think that defending yourself is despicable behavior.

Cortland Finnegan is known across the NFL as a dirty player. He got what he deserved. I'd like to see it happen to him again next week and the week after that. If all the people who put up with his shit go off on him then eventually the message is going to get through that the problem isn't AJ or anyone else, it's Cortland.

Stemp
11-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Cortland got what was coming to him. The push to the mask will play against him when they dole out the punishment as well his history of dirty play and fines.

I suspect Andre will get large fine and Finnegan will get a 2 game suspension and a talk with the commish.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I'd be honored to have my children look up to a man like Andre who is soft-spoken and composed for 7 years until he finally blew up. It's good for a cihld to learn that sometimes, you DO have to stand up for yourself.

Children who look up to Andre would also know that he doesn't act like that ever.

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd be honored to have my children look up to a man like Andre who is soft-spoken and composed for 7 years until he finally blew up. It's good for a cihld to learn that sometimes, you DO have to stand up for yourself.

Children who look up to Andre would also know that he doesn't act like that ever.

I'll tell you what I've always known, and Courtland should know this. Stay away from the quiet ones. They'll eff you up. :fans:

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 06:44 PM
I read about half this thread, and see alot of posters bashing each other. Look, no matter how emotional the topic, take a step back.

We'll see.

Roger is very.......unpredictable with his suspensions. I'm hoping they let Andre go for not being a repeat offender and also it WAS retaliation. Andre also realizes and is apologetic after the incident, every little bit helps with Goodell.

I don't think it is guaranteed that he will be suspended though, and if he's suspended it can't be two games. That's just silly IMO especially when Finny instigated the whole thing.

It will hurt though, The Eagles have shown that they can get beat deep in the air so Andre would be a big omission if they do suspend him.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
This post makes you appear to be a colossal vagina. I would hope that 99.9% of men would have a point at which enough becomes enough and a response must be forthcoming. Children who look up to AJ also can and do reach a point where they have to defend themselves and AJ just taught them that when you get to that point you try and knock the sucker into last month.

That's just me though. I saw Finnegan jab at Andres eyes twice and that was enough for me. I don't think that defending yourself is despicable behavior.

Cortland Finnegan is known across the NFL as a dirty player. He got what he deserved. I'd like to see it happen to him again next week and the week after that. If all the people who put up with his shit go off on him then eventually the message is going to get through that the problem isn't AJ or anyone else, it's Cortland.
Careful. My eight year old called aytwsst a girl and the post got deleted.

Hardcore Texan
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Source?

If you're just guessing then you should probably put that you are just guessing since you state things so matter-of-factly.

No source, just wait and see. I hate it, I want CF beat sensless but I don't want to lose AJ. It's gonna happen.

Allstar
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Looks like Mr McNair sides with most of us:

The two got into a milder shoving match on the previous play, with Johnson giving Finnegan a shot in the back before Finnegan took off his helmet and walked away.

Finnegan then set off the brawl by jabbing at Johnson’s neck and face mask at the line of scrimmage. Johnson ripped off Finnegan’s helmet and landed at least two punches to Finnegan’s head and neck. The two spun each other, and Finnegan tore off Johnson’s helmet before players and referees intervened.

“I awarded it to Andre on points,” Texans owner Bob McNair joked.

This was Round 2 between Johnson and Finnegan. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask during a scuffle after a play in a 34-31 Texans win.

Johnson said this week: “That’s the past, I’m over that. That’s way behind me, I don’t think about that.” But Finnegan got under his skin again, and Johnson was apologetic after the game.

“I wish that I could take back what happened, but I can’t,” Johnson said. “I’m pretty sure I’ll be disciplined for it.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7314698.html

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Let me see. To the best of my knowledge one of the combatants has publicly apologized and one has not. I wonder which one I want my kid to side with?

Hardcore Texan
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Let me see. To the best of my knowledge one of the combatants has publicly apologized and one has not. I wonder which one I want my kid to side with?

Andre is going to be sick at his stomach over this, not because a punk got beat but because it could hurt his team, that will be the message he conveys to the public. Make no mistake, CF is freaking dirty and deserved what he got and a lot more. AJ is so much of a team player that he'll be sick over it. He reached his breaking point, it happens to all of us, just too bad it wasn't a scrimmage or something like that and not caught on tape.

Stemp
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Somebody needs to find the number of Tonya Harding's boyfriend and send him a picture of the fake irishman.

cdollaz
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Andre is going to be sick at his stomach over this, not because a punk got beat but because it could hurt his team, that will be the message he conveys to the public. Make no mistake, CF is freaking dirty and deserved what he got and a lot more. AJ is so much of a team player that he'll be sick over it. He reached his breaking point, it happens to all of us, just too bad it wasn't a scrimmage or something like that and not caught on tape.

Getting caught on tape was the best part. Now I can watch it anytime I want.

Hervoyel
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Careful. My eight year old called aytwsst a girl and the post got deleted.

Mine probably will then too but that's just the breaks.

kiwitexansfan
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
You think he's a good CB. *stares* mmmk.

He is a pro bowl corner, better than anyone on our team.

He is also an all-star jerk.

You can be both.

disaacks3
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM

Have to disagree here...standing up for yourself, after dealing with abuse all day, isn't any kind of bad example. I don't think a "Gee Cortland, I'd appreciate it if you didn't slam my head back when you give me a shot to the facemask at the snap" is gonna get the message across in a violent sport.

Eyes in the back of his head, no wonder Finnegan is a good CB. Maybe he can teach that trick to our CBs. So, Finnegan expected Andre to walk gingerly away after ripping his helmet off? Finnegan must have a room temperature IQ if he thought that AJ was "letting it go" at that point.

Bottom Line: Regardless of how anyone feels about it, Aj WILL get suspended and now we won't we see him in prime time, maybe two games in a row. In the end, the team is hurt by this. AJ getting suspended is NOT a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. Large fine is a certainty, but this was a continuation of the same play where he took a shot to the head at the line of scrimmage.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I would hope that Goodell uses common sense and not let the actual fight itself cloud his judgement. He needs to watch the tape of the WHOLE game up to the incident and the aftermath then make a decision. Just basing a decision on who threw the most vicious punch is the politically correct way to look at it. As stated before, the league itself bears some responsibility here. They let Lucky Charms get away with it far too long.