PDA

View Full Version : Dre Whips Finnegan

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
He is a pro bowl corner, better than anyone on our team.

He is also an all-star jerk.

You can be both.

VY is a Pro Bowler. I rest my case.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM

You can be both.

LOL, he is a Pro Bowl corner. Finnegan sucks. He was on an overrated Titans team that year. The only reason why he got in.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Awtysst (and all who share similar opinions), I have a question. If someone on the street (this is just an example) came up and slapped you and your wife, and then spit on your kids, what would you do? Would you fight? Would you wait and try to file a police report?

burro
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Looks like Mr McNair sides with most of us:

The two got into a milder shoving match on the previous play, with Johnson giving Finnegan a shot in the back before Finnegan took off his helmet and walked away.

Finnegan then set off the brawl by jabbing at Johnsonís neck and face mask at the line of scrimmage. Johnson ripped off Finneganís helmet and landed at least two punches to Finneganís head and neck. The two spun each other, and Finnegan tore off Johnsonís helmet before players and referees intervened.

ďI awarded it to Andre on points,Ē Texans owner Bob McNair joked.

This was Round 2 between Johnson and Finnegan. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask during a scuffle after a play in a 34-31 Texans win.

Johnson said this week: ďThatís the past, Iím over that. Thatís way behind me, I donít think about that.Ē But Finnegan got under his skin again, and Johnson was apologetic after the game.

ďI wish that I could take back what happened, but I canít,Ē Johnson said. ďIím pretty sure Iíll be disciplined for it.Ē

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7314698.html

So, we're 2-0 when Andre whips Fruitigan's ass. More reason to be happy about what happened today. :)

b0ng
11-28-2010, 06:07 PM
No source, just wait and see. I hate it, I want CF beat sensless but I don't want to lose AJ. It's gonna happen.

Again, you're just guessing here. We will have to wait and see because nothing is going to come of this until tommorrow at the earliest.

I am betting a big fine but no suspension. The NBA is the league that suspends players for fighting on the court, the NFL really hasn't done that in. . . I don't know.

When was the last time a player was suspended for fighting on the field and it was their first offense?

Gmoney
11-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I can't believe how many Nancys we have on this board. Andre did what he needed to do. Andre did something that this team has needed to do for years. Somebody has stepped out of the Bob McNair mold and created an identity for this team. We finally have a leader that doesnt take shOt from anyone. Hopefully the rest of the team feeds off of this and wins out.

Yankee_In_TX
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
When the ref was trying to get CF off the field and he wouldn't go (after AJ was gone) I for the second time today spewed obscenities "get off the field....leprechaun...."

The NFL photo staff all looked up at me and laughed.

No one likes him. Sadly, if it's a double suspension, CF wins.

texan279
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM

You can be both.

The guy is a bum. He sucks. Go over to the tacks message board right now and most of them are talking about how overrated he is and how bad his play is. They are also calling for Fisher's head over there, talking about how undisciplined the team is under him and how the tacks players have given up on him.

Joe Texan
Andre did self defense and should be exonerated.

ziggy29
I can't believe how many Nancys we have on this board. Andre did what he needed to do. Andre did something that this team has needed to do for years.
If my name were Nancy, I'd be insulted by comparing me to folks who encourage the enabling of bullies.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Again, you're just guessing here. We will have to wait and see because nothing is going to come of this until tommorrow at the earliest.

I am betting a big fine but no suspension. The NBA is the league that suspends players for fighting on the court, the NFL really hasn't done that in. . . I don't know.

When was the last time a player was suspended for fighting on the field and it was their first offense?

I agree, I can't remember the last time especially for a player with a first offense. That's why I don't see it happening. Yeah he landed some good hits on him, but his helmet was torn off.

I see a big fine for both and if anyone gets suspended it will be Finnegan. He's the one that has the history here, and I'm not even sure he gets suspended.

In the NFL players are thrown out of the game for throwing punches and not suspended...Especially how some others (on Titans boards) think this will be a lengthy suspension. I will be very surprised if it's 2 games.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM
If he's such a pro-bowl corner, then how come he got schooled in the end zone by Andre on the TD?

Gmoney
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
If my name were Nancy, I'd be insulted by comparing me to folks who encourage the enabling of bullies.

Hey Ziggy, you may not know it but your name is Nancy. Don't be a Pus$y your whole life.

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
The thing is, eventually someone is going to snap. It happened so fast in the stadium, they turned the big screens off and all we could think was, 'it must have been something really bad for Andre to snap"

I wouldn't take that either. I wish AJ had not gone that far, but I'm glad he took a stand (over CF)

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom//img/2010/11/28/5_20101128170033_600_400.JPG

Runner
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I told my 8 year old what you said just now. He said somebody needs to kick YOUR ass. I am beaming with pride. Quit being such a girl and nut up.

Here. I undeleted your post. It seems very important to you.

ziggy29
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey Ziggy, you may not know it but your name is Nancy. Don't be a Pus$y your whole life.
I was agreeing with you, actually, saying that even a Nancy shouldn't like being compared to people who say we shouldn't stand up to bullies so they can continue to be a bully.

So not only is your personal attack out of bounds, it is also seriously misdirected and your reading of what I wrote is apparently 180 degrees out of phase with what I said. AJ manned up with an apology and I await yours.

Showtime100
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
An 8 year old said "ass" to his dad and got away with it? I want his lawyer. :specnatz:

Mr teX
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Harrison & Dungy just confirmed what we & other players & coaches around the league already knew, they're a team that plays dirty & try to test you & get under your skin. Harrison even said that they tore up his knee with their dirty play antics.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
ESPN Blogs AFC South espn_afcsouth

Fox Houston and Chronicle both report that just before Finnegan initiated fight, he said to #Texans bench: "Watch this." #Titans #NFL half a minute ago via web

Allstar
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
What a b***h.

mattieuk
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
ESPN Blogs AFC South espn_afcsouth

Fox Houston and Chronicle both report that just before Finnegan initiated fight, he said to #Texans bench: "Watch this." #Titans #NFL half a minute ago via web

Who said that AJ or Finnegan?

GlassHalfFull
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Here is a radical thought: Why don't the ref's take control of players like Finnegan and penalize them for their dirty play throughout the game?

Those hands to the face before the fight broke out needed a flag. And my guess is that wasn't the first time it happened.

Kudo's to AJ, too bad he had to take matters into his own hands.

Joe Texan
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Bill just andre'd the granite Bar and his nuckles hurt

False Start
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
David Nuno on FB:

Just found out from a RELIABLE source, Ttians Cortland Finengan seen was seen antoginizing ppl from Dre's camp, including fam, outside team bus.

Finnegan needs his ass whooped again! :bat:

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Who said that AJ or Finnegan?

Of course it was Finnegan.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
David Nuno on FB:

Wouldnt shock me. What a son of a *****.

Kulluminatii
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
I've probably watched that YouTube clip someone posted earlier like 20 times already. I can understand where some of you are coming from that are saying AJ should have never swung...but c'mon, put yourself in his situation and tell me your not going to snap eventually when having to deal with a **** like CF twice a year, the guy had it coming. Time to go watch that clip again, man, if only AJ was in the S&B...:(

HTown2ATX
11-28-2010, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IyQmc3xdik

I just watched this and saw dumbass comment from someone about 'Dre so I responded. Lol....click on the link and look at my response under Htownmetalhead....I thought it was funny anyway.

Feels good to bow my chest about the team again finally!

mexican_texan
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
It's obvious who HASN'T played a sport by some of the Nancy boy replies on this thread.

AJ showed pure LEADERSHIP. He is the emotional leader of the team and stood up for himself and his teammates against a cheap shot punk. I hate Finnegan more than any player in the NFL.

I've never been a star player like AJ, but I've never played under a coach who wouldn't have been pissed off at me for getting myself ejected and probably suspended. Don't see how getting myself off the field benefits the team.

edo783
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Finnigan is lucky Dre isn't like me. I would have beat him senseless with his own dang helmet for that crap. Just the way I feel about that guy's antics over the years.

HTown2ATX
11-28-2010, 06:54 PM
David Nuno on FB:

I hope this fool doesn't go out to clubs or anything in Harris County when he is here...we don't play puci **** like that.....just sayin don't be an enemy when you are inside the loop....bad for your health....especially on the south side like that.

gary
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
AJ did what any real man would do whip up on an stupid ***** and I am glad way to represent AJ. That muff hugga as Dread Head would call him really needed that and more.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
From the immortal words of Kenny Rogers "Sometimes you got to fight when you're a man".

TEXANRED
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Man what a different league this is from the one I grew up watching.

NFL network just showed a clip of Deon Sanders blasting Andre Rison and neither got ejected. If fact they show Sanders taking INT 93 yards for a TD.

Not today.

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 07:01 PM
The next Texans/Titans game should be pay per view ...

Lucky
11-28-2010, 07:16 PM
My post deleted?

Lol @ moderating team. My post was perfectly within the rules. Censorship at its best.
Runner should have left it deleted. If I had the time or inclination, I'd go back and delete others. I'm pretty disappointed that a respected poster like Herv compared another poster to a vagina.

The fight was an emotional moment and not surprising that it would create varying opinions. That emotion shouldn't spill over to where we attack each other for carrying those opinions. It's pretty cut & dried as to what you can and cannot do here. First rule: Don't attack other members. It's not PC. It's just right.

texan279
11-28-2010, 07:18 PM
The next Texans/Titans game should be pay per view ...

I have a feeling and I hope I am right on this, that AJ will let his actions do the talking in a few weeks and just burn Finnegan up and down the field.

gary
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
This thread went from the fight to some acting like children.

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
I have a feeling and I hope I am right on this, that AJ will let his actions do the talking in a few weeks and just burn Finnegan up and down the field.

It's starting already ....

@chrisjohnson28 I pray I don't have another game like today even tho it was out of my hands #paybackisaBITCH

http://twitter.com/ChrisJohnson28

OzzO
11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
AJ was assisted off by Bam Bam and Barkley?

http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/HOU/photos/In_Story_Photos_400_190/400dreleaving.jpg

....“I really don’t have anything to say about Cortland,” Johnson said. “I would like to apologize to the organization, our owner, and my teammates. What happened out there today was not me. I just lost my cool and I wish that I could take back what happened, but I can’t. It’s over and done with now. I’m pretty sure that I’ll be disciplined for it. When that time comes, I’ll find out what it is and have to deal with it from there… I hope that I’m not suspended for the next game.”

Last week, Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour hit Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the facemask with an open hand. Seymour was fined $25,000 by the league but was not suspended, and he played this week against the Miami Dolphins.

“Seymour got kicked out last game, right?” Texans right tackle Eric Winston said. “Did he get to play this game? He wasn’t (suspended), right? So, (Johnson) should be able to play.”...

ht.com (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-3/Johnson-apologizes-for-fight-hopes-to-avoid-suspension/45f981a9-b35d-4409-b908-1ad6646655bf)

TheBigpaki
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
There is a facebook group for it already lol. everyone should join it

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Andre-Johnson-whooping-Finnegans-ass/178444652168186

gary
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
finnegan will have his day Andre bank on that.

Runner
11-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Runner should have left it deleted. If I had the time or inclination, I'd go back and delete others. I'm pretty disappointed that a respected poster like Herv compared another poster to a vagina.

I undeleted it in the spirit of "let your posts define you". I wanted the board to know what the whining was about and what important information was lost to censorship.

Upon further reflection, I should have deleted a bunch of posts and started a thread on the the historical significance of pacifism. We could have started here:

Some pacifists follow principles of nonviolence, believing that nonviolent action is morally superior and/or pragmatically most effective. Some pacifists, however, support physical violence for emergency defense of self or others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifism

wagonhed
11-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Careful. My eight year old called aytwsst a girl and the post got deleted.

Is calling someone a girl an insult? Huh. Never knew.

You should be proud of your eight year old, though.

Hardcore Texan
11-28-2010, 07:43 PM
AJ getting suspended is NOT a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. Large fine is a certainty, but this was a continuation of the same play where he took a shot to the head at the line of scrimmage.

You might be right.....I have a watched a LOT of football in my day, about 31 years worth that I can re-collect and I can't remember once I was watching live that a player swung on someone with their helmet off and didn't get suspended. And that was only one swing. I'll be shocked if it's not at least one game.

Again, I am not defending the scumbag CF, he is the dirtiest player out there and was long overdue for what he got. I just don't want to lose AJ for a game, which again I believe and is totally conjecture, is a certainity at this point.

wagonhed
11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
A question to a number of you:

If you think Andre did the right thing and approve of it wholeheartedly, why are you applauding him for apologizing? You don't apologize when you've done nothing wrong.

BullsOnParade
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
The only thing he did wrong was fight him on the field.

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
lol @ andre johnson at the rockets game

gary
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
He is?

BullsOnParade
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM

What'd he do at the Rockets game?

powerfuldragon
11-28-2010, 07:51 PM
....ďI really donít have anything to say about Cortland,Ē Johnson said. ďI would like to apologize to the organization, our owner, and my teammates. What happened out there today was not me. I just lost my cool and I wish that I could take back what happened, but I canít. Itís over and done with now. Iím pretty sure that Iíll be disciplined for it. When that time comes, Iíll find out what it is and have to deal with it from thereÖ I hope that Iím not suspended for the next game.Ē

ht.com (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-3/Johnson-apologizes-for-fight-hopes-to-avoid-suspension/45f981a9-b35d-4409-b908-1ad6646655bf)
andre johnson's the type of man i aspire to be.

wagonhed
11-28-2010, 07:51 PM

The fight was an emotional moment and not surprising that it would create varying opinions. That emotion shouldn't spill over to where we attack each other for carrying those opinions. It's pretty cut & dried as to what you can and cannot do here. First rule: Don't attack other members. It's not PC. It's just right.
Thanks Lucky.

On top of that, pretty much all the insults being slung in here are sexist, which is disgusting. Calling someone a "pu..." is one thing, but calling them a "vagina" and a "girl" as if that's supposed to be an insult is just wrong.

Also something perhaps many of you aren't aware of this, but calling someone a "pu..." doesn't make you tough. It's the internet. Trying to act macho just makes you look like a fool.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 07:53 PM

Nope he's just sitting there, I think his presence alone is the reason the Rockets may actually come up with a big win.

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 07:53 PM
He is?

yes.

nothing. just humorous to see him at the rockets game.

he got a standing ovation lolololol

wagonhed
11-28-2010, 07:54 PM
AJ did what any real man would do whip up on an stupid ***** and I am glad way to represent AJ.
Glad to see the board is wearing off on you in a positive manner.

texan279
11-28-2010, 07:54 PM
yes.

Your avatar makes me laugh and scares me at the same time lol

steelbtexan
11-28-2010, 07:55 PM
But there is this part of me that wishes Andre Johnson had connected with that shot he threw at Finnegan ... would've been lights out ...

The take no prisoners brand of football is my kind of football.

It's a shame that that Andre has to set the tone for toughness on this team.

That should be Winston/Williams job. IMHO

gary
11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks.

Runner
11-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Is calling someone a girl an insult? Huh. Never knew.

You should be proud of your eight year old, though.

If it wasn't meant as an insult, what was the point of the story?

Would the original poster be offended if I had said to stop whining, stop being a girl about it, and nut up?*

*Just a theoretical example, mind you. I'm not calling any poster here a girl, and I think that would be more an insult to girls than anything else. I know a lot of tough chicks. :)

gary
11-28-2010, 07:58 PM
yes.

he got a standing ovation lololololEric Winston goes to the Rockets games often as well.

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 07:59 PM
The take no prisoners brand of football is my kind of football.

It's a shame that that Andre has to set the tone for toughness on this team.

That should be Winston/Williams job. IMHO

What's even worse (someone posted this elsewhere, can't remember where) that he is getting more attention from the fight over being #1 receiver in the league. He's a classy guy, always has been.

steelbtexan
11-28-2010, 07:59 PM

LOL

Gary you understand what's missing from this team.

Who do you want to fix it is the ?

Maddict5
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
haha from twitter:

Cortland #finnegan is now named Cortland Innegan, because #andre Johnson beat the F out of him

gary
11-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Pride is all AJ should be feeling at this time.

eriadoc
11-28-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm going to go ahead and be that guy - I wish he would have flat knocked him out, and I wish the Texans organization would publicly back him. Finnegan threw the first punch the play before and then came right back with hands to the throat/face. As for sending a message that fighting is bad, that's BS. Starting fights is bad. Standing up to bullies, defending yourself, and prevailing over violence is not bad; it's great. Guys like Finnegan get away with their act because of the BS philosophy that fighting is always bad.

Sometimes, violence does solve the problem. It's a fact that some folks wish wasn't so, but it is so - a cold, hard fact of life. AJ was right to beat this punk's ass, and I think his fans, teammates, and management ought to back him as publicly and boisterously as possible.

Dutchrudder
11-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I really don't see why anyone would be upset by this. This is the NFL, not tennis. People hit eachother routinely during the game, and sometimes people get into fights. It's not often, but it's not uncommon. Nobody thinks twice when fights occur in the MLB, which is a much less brutal sport. Let them duke it out if they wish, fine/suspend them if necessary and move on. It's no big deal, it's not like either team is going to the playoffs this year.

ensign_lee
11-28-2010, 08:06 PM
haha from twitter:

Cortland #finnegan is now named Cortland Innegan, because #andre Johnson beat the F out of him

HAHAHAHAHAAA.

Oh man that's awesome!

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
How was this Cortland Finnegan's fault? Andre Johnson ripped off his facemask that play and popped it off the one before (for no reason either, although the first occasion seemed incidental). Finnegan did't even hit him. Seems to me like he got frustrated by Finnegan's combination of trash talking and aggressiveness, especially at the line of scrimmage. His average production that game probably didn't make him much happier, either.

CF was probably doin' a bunch of little things as well, but nothing even close to warranting those punches. Poor move. Now he and the rest of his team will have to pay for it.

eriadoc
11-28-2010, 08:10 PM

If you think Andre did the right thing and approve of it wholeheartedly, why are you applauding him for apologizing? You don't apologize when you've done nothing wrong.

Well, I didn't say anything one way or another about his apology, but I can't condemn him for apologizing. Personally, I think he has nothing to apologize for, and my post above lays that out pretty well. But I understand the reality of the situation, and he apologized to his teammates and the organization. He put the team's prospects for winning in jeopardy, and that's enough to apologize for, but sometimes even when you're justified in beating someone's ass, you feel bad for doing it afterward (for various reasons). I think it was a classy thing for him to do, albeit unnecessary, IMO.

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2010, 08:11 PM
How was this Cortland Finnegan's fault? Andre Johnson ripped off his facemask that play and popped it off the one before (for no reason either, although the first occasion seemed incidental). Finnegan did't even hit him. Seems to me like he got frustrated by Finnegan's combination of trash talking and aggressiveness, especially at the line of scrimmage. His average production that game probably didn't make him much happier, either.

CF was probably doin' a bunch of little things as well, but nothing even close to warranting those punches. Poor move. Now he and the rest of his team will have to pay for it.

Finnegan was on the field , it's his fault .

disaacks3
11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
An 8 year old said "ass" to his dad and got away with it? I want his lawyer. :specnatz: In his defense Nitro didn't hear him say a word... :hides:

CF was probably doin' a bunch of little things as well, but nothing even close to warranting those punches. Poor move. Now he and the rest of his team will have to pay for it. I guess you think getting your facemask punched so hard that the back of your head is parallel to the ground couldn't possibly be provocation?

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:15 PM
In his defense Nitro didn't hear him say a word... :hides:

I guess you think getting your facemask punched so hard that the back of your head is parallel to the ground couldn't possibly be provocation?

Except it looks like he doesn't even make contact with the facemask. If you look closely it seems like he pushes the very top of the pads, below the neck, which caused his head to move back. Such an action is completely legal as far as I know.

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 08:16 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/FinneganDefense.jpg

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 08:17 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Texans/FinneganDefense.jpg

and that was Finnigan's first step right as the play happened, a shot to the face of AJ...

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 08:17 PM

LOL. What game were you watching?

Honoring Earl 34
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
WANTED FOR DIRTY PLAY .

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_51mtTP4UXFA/SjbAQ8Gya8I/AAAAAAAACns/157ixUMHiDY/s400/KidPlay.jpg

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Except it looks like he doesn't even make contact with the facemask. If you look closely it seems like he pushes the very top of the pads, below the neck, which caused his head to move back. Such an action is completely legal as far as I know.

How about throwing off a players helmet?

Dutchrudder
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM

9 catches for 56 yards and a TD is average? Maybe for AJ, but that's pretty good for most WRs.

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:23 PM
and that was Finnigan's first step right as the play happened, a shot to the face of AJ...

You're right, in the still shot he clearly contacts the facemask. Even so, it wasn't a direct punch to the facemask. Looks like he hit the top of his pads, then his hands slid up to the bottom of the facemask, tilting his head back. a Definitely an illegal move, there. But still AJ unneccesarily escalates things. A partial shot to the facemask (although hard) to ripping off someones helmet and beating them? Little extreme if you ask me.

Runner
11-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Are you looking at the picture referenced in this post? Doesn't look clean to me...

Wow kiwi. Unsuspecting? Your story begins with Andre throwing him to the ground. Lets look at the first contact on this play (to say nothing of the play before)

I was brought up to defend myself, the big bad man Andre was given little choice.

HTown2ATX
11-28-2010, 08:24 PM

Dude.......seriously?

:kubepalm:

Cortland Actinlikeadoucheagain had NO intention of doing anything other than starting a fight on that play. It's obvious.

I don't blame AJ for what happened. Did he take the bait, yes he did. However, much like last year up in Bumblescum when 'Dre had to put this ***** in his place, CORTLAND had been instigating it ALL DAMN GAME. It's one thing to be loud on the field, completely another to say personal stuff about family (which he apprently repeatedly does) and take cheap shots over and over. Cortland had that coming big time and he's lucky that he wasn't in the Texans sideline like last year or he may not have even made it out this time.

I understand why he apologized......it's common sense you say the right thing even if in your mind you're really saying "Eff that B****, I only wish I beat his ass more!"

cdollaz
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
---

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Can someone make an animated GIF with Finnegen winking and then andre whooping his a$$

No wink ....

http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b444/txngirl/200213235.gif

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
9 catches for 56 yards and a TD is average? Maybe for AJ, but that's pretty good for most WRs.

56 yards is not impressive for any receiver but Rudy. A TD is great for the team, but just because a player has one doesn't mean he has a good game. The point is that its harder to imagine AJ punching Finnegan if he is totally torching him, allowing his play to do the talking. 56 yards for a TD is not showing up a corner, even the best.

Hervoyel
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM

I personally believe that Andre Johnson is apologizing about it in order to begin the process of limiting the fallout this causes the team. I think he's sincerely sorry that his actions might cost the team in Philadelphia if he has to sit. I don't think for a second he's apologizing to Cortland Finnegan or feels that he owes him an apology.

Pantherstang84
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
I personally believe that Andre Johnson is apologizing about it in order to begin the process of limiting the fallout this causes the team. I think he's sincerely sorry that his actions might cost the team in Philadelphia if he has to sit. I don't think for a second he's apologizing to Cortland Finnegan or feels that he owes him an apology.

^ This

3rd and Inches
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j358/3rdandinches/aj-600-323.jpg

SF49erFaithful
How about throwing off a players helmet?

Like Andre Johnson didn't do that first?

Section516
He didn't need to take over the game..

Houston CAR YDS AVG TD LG
Foster 30 143 4.8 0 37
Ward 7 47 6.7 0 17

Foster 9 75 8.3 0 19 11

cdollaz
11-28-2010, 08:30 PM
56 yards is not impressive for any receiver but Rudy. A TD is great for the team, but just because a player has one doesn't mean he has a good game. The point is that its harder to imagine AJ punching Finnegan if he is totally torching him, allowing his play to do the talking. 56 yards for a TD is not showing up a corner, even the best.

http://cdn.nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/salt_thesnail.gif

Hervoyel
11-28-2010, 08:32 PM

Cortland don't you have somewhere else to be right now?

BullNation4Life
11-28-2010, 08:34 PM

Not if he appeals it and I think an appeal take like 2 weeks to process so if anything, AJ could miss the Titans game in Tennessee and the Texans just abused them with Foster....

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Someone needs their eyes checked. Finnegan clearly threw the first punch, but Andre still had his helmet on.

Hervoyel
11-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Not if he appeals it and I think an appeal take like 2 weeks to process so if anything, AJ could miss the Titans game in Tennessee and the Texans just abused them with Foster....

Excellent point. Appeal and get that impending suspension bounced to a game where we might be able to get by without AJ. If that's possible then I'd have to say that's the way to go.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 08:37 PM

He did, but you make it seem like Courtland didn't do anything illegal here.

Even so, he instigated the whole thing. Telling other players to 'Watch This' before the whole thing means he knew what he was about to do or say was going to piss off Dre' so much that he would get that type of reaction.

BSofA04
11-28-2010, 08:38 PM
It's pretty clear that you're in a very small minority of folk (even outside this MB) that think Andre is at fault. If you don't get it, then there's no point in trying to explain it to you.

hookinreds
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM

Better not, the wife and I are driving to Nashville for that one.

Tailgate
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM

He absolutely did. But I just have to point it out that Guidos helmet falls off practically every time he friggin sneezes.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Here. I undeleted your post. It seems very important to you.

Thank you. It was important to me. My voice means something to me otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting. If you did not like it... there is a rep thing that you can always leave but outright censoring me like that.... ugh.

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Dude.......seriously?

:kubepalm:

Cortland Actinlikeadoucheagain had NO intention of doing anything other than starting a fight on that play. It's obvious.

I don't blame AJ for what happened. Did he take the bait, yes he did. However, much like last year up in Bumblescum when 'Dre had to put this ***** in his place, CORTLAND had been instigating it ALL DAMN GAME. It's one thing to be loud on the field, completely another to say personal stuff about family (which he apprently repeatedly does) and take cheap shots over and over. Cortland had that coming big time and he's lucky that he wasn't in the Texans sideline like last year or he may not have even made it out this time.

I understand why he apologized......it's common sense you say the right thing even if in your mind you're really saying "Eff that B****, I only wish I beat his ass more!"
Oh, I agree completely that Cortland was looking to piss AJ off. That much is obvious. But a lot of "little things" he does are within the rules of the game. For example, how aggressive his pad punching is when pressing. Trash talking is another, even if it is about family.

I'm sure Cortland does illegal things too and has a history with AJ, but I don't watch enough TEN-HOU games to know much about that. But AJ isn't without his cheap shots. Like I said, the play before he punched Cortland's facemask and then pushed him in the back after the whistle. But most of the fans on this board are too disillusioned to acknowledge that because it doesn't correspond with what's going on in their fantasy worlds, where a Texan can do no harm.

TheMatrix31
11-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Those of you defending Finnegan or getting on Andre in order to look even-keel, rational, and politically correct should be ashamed of yourselves, period.

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Someone needs their eyes checked. Finnegan clearly threw the first punch, but Andre still had his helmet on.

And another person needs their reading comprehension checked. If you read my post, you'll know that it concerns helmet-throwing and not punches.

gwallaia
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Finnegan is a cheap dirty punk of a player, he always has been. End of story.

The POS punk got what he deserved.

TheIronDuke
11-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh, I agree completely that Cortland was looking to piss AJ off. That much is obvious. But a lot of "little things" he does are within the rules of the game. For example, how aggressive his pad punching is when pressing. Trash talking is another, even if it is about family.

I'm sure Cortland does illegal things too and has a history with AJ, but I don't watch enough TEN-HOU games to know much about that. But AJ isn't without his cheap shots. Like I said, the play before he punched Cortland's facemask and then pushed him in the back after the whistle. But most of the fans on this board are too disillusioned to acknowledge that because it doesn't correspond with what's going on in their fantasy worlds, where a Texan can do no harm.

Yeah, because AJ is well-known throughout the league for being a hot-headed and dirty loud-mouthed player. You don't know **** about playing in a division with the dirtiest players/team in the NFL so your opinion on this particular situation means nothing. Enjoy playing in the ****tiest division in the NFL though, wish we could own you punks again.

cdollaz
11-28-2010, 08:46 PM
But AJ isn't without his cheap shots. .

Name one.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Yet, most everyone in the football world (fans, analysts, etc.), completely disagree with you, so maybe we aren't as delusional as you think. With every situation like this, there always has to be some cool guy that must come in and try to disagree with everyone else.

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 08:47 PM
He did, but you make it seem like Courtland didn't do anything illegal here.

Even so, he instigated the whole thing. Telling other players to 'Watch This' before the whole thing means he knew what he was about to do or say was going to piss off Dre' so much that he would get that type of reaction.

Ya, CF was being an instigator, I agree. I don't deny that CF is a ****-talking, dirty player. I'm merely arguing that his actions didn't warrant that beating. Nor that it was all his fault.

BSofA04
11-28-2010, 08:48 PM
And another person needs their reading comprehension checked. If you read my post, you'll know that it concerns helmet-throwing and not punches.

So defend the spearing and personal fouls CF has received the last 3 years playing the Texans. All have been directed towards AJ, usually because he is closing in on 150 yards receiving. There's a history you clearly do not understand. AJ had enough, CF got dealt with.

fiasco west

Well first of all, McNair avoids signing these types of guys.

MEGA SWATT

Because we can. Get over it.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 08:49 PM
So defend the spearing and personal fouls CF has received the last 3 years playing the Texans. All have been directed towards AJ, usually because he is closing in on 150 yards receiving. There's a history you clearly do not understand. AJ had enough, CF got dealt with.

Exactly. Love this opposing fan that comes in and tries to know the history between AJ and CF, but doesn't know squat. It's been leading up this this. Was bound to happen eventually.

mexican_texan

You neg repped me because I like soccer? Really?

SF49erFaithful
Name one.

How about you read the sentence DIRECTLY AFTERWARDS.

Pantherstang84

So you don't know the history of Cortland Innegan or his problems with the league but yet you can make an accusation against one of the league's most well behaved players? :strangle:

Ranger Tom
11-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry to get off topic, but if you're a 49ers fan, why does your avatar show Crabtree in his Texas Tech uniform?

FirstTexansFan
11-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Why we getting all testy with a troll? Mod's send him packing back to SF... uh wait, he'll like that... :)

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Ya, CF was being an instigator, I agree. I don't deny that CF is a ****-talking, dirty player. I'm merely arguing that his actions didn't warrant that beating. Nor that it was all his fault.

Well thats where most of us will differ from you. Most of us have seen this guy play...many many times...and most of us feel it was deserved. That's just our opinion, and apparently the opinion of other fans (and apparently Tony Dungy...) of teams in the same division that see enough of Finny. Go look at the Jags and Colts board. All feel it was deserved.

About whose fault it is, I don't see how that is even a argument. Andre talks trash to no one, yet Finnegan is known for it and is even reported to saying 'Watch this' before the incident. Also I'm positive watching Andre play (and I have never ever missed a Texans game) that Finny's physical play or Finny holding Andre to a mediocre game (For Andre at least) is what led to that.

I mean if that was the case Andre Johnson would have been going at it with other more talented CBs. I remember Flowers was pretty physical with Andre, and Andre showed no signs of anger like he did today.

YES Andre does occasionally do something cheap in order to gain an advantage(Like push off of Flowers in that same game), but pretty much every player does so meh. That doesn't excuse Finnegan for being a douche though.

cdollaz
11-28-2010, 08:57 PM
How about you read the sentence DIRECTLY AFTERWARDS.

That wasn't a cheap shot,. That's 2 players pushing each other, which happens all of the time. Why are you even here, troll?

jakeface
11-28-2010, 08:57 PM
He was trying to play it off like most punk do when they get stole like that..

LOL....Cortland will be feeling that for a while.

(been watching this GIF for like 5+ minutes......)

me too.. so effing proud of aj

SF49erFaithful
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Well thats where most of us will differ from you. Most of us have seen this guy play...many many times...and most of us feel it was deserved. That's just our opinion, and apparently the opinion of other fans (and apparently Tony Dungy...) of teams in the same division that see enough of Finny. Go look at the Jags and Colts board. All feel it was deserved.

About whose fault it is, I don't see how that is even a argument. Andre talks trash to no one, yet Finnegan is known for it and is even reported to saying 'Watch this' before the incident. Also I'm positive watching Andre play (and I have never ever missed a Texans game) that Finny's physical play or Finny holding Andre to a mediocre game (For Andre at least) is what led to that.

I mean if that was the case Andre Johnson would have been going at it with other more talented CBs. I remember Flowers was pretty physical with Andre, and Andre showed no signs of anger like he did today.

YES Andre does occasionally do something cheap in order to gain an advantage(Like push off of Flowers in that same game), but pretty much every player does so meh. That doesn't excuse Finnegan for being a douche though.

I agree with everything you're saying. But still, how does that warrant a total beatdown? CF talks a lot of **** and is the ******* in that relationship....who cares? Since when is trash talking illegal? And of course people from other MBs in the division will agree with you, b/c as a trash talker, CF will only garner strong distaste from rival fans. In the NFL you just have to compose yourself better, simple as that.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
In his defense Nitro didn't hear him say a word... :hides:

I guess you think getting your facemask punched so hard that the back of your head is parallel to the ground couldn't possibly be provocation?

Nope. Nobody did. He said it to me in sign language.

BSofA04
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
SF49erFaithful IS Cortland Finnegan. Both like to agitate to get a response. Get a life man, life's too short to spend you day trying to get under others skin.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I agree with everything you're saying. But still, how does that warrant a total beatdown? CF talks a lot of **** and is the ******* in that relationship....who cares? Since when is trash talking illegal? And of course people from other MBs in the division will agree with you, b/c as a trash talker, CF will only garner strong distaste from rival fans. In the NFL you just have to compose yourself better, simple as that.

Dude, get out. You have no idea what you're talking about. Just about all NFL fan message boards are siding with Andre Johnson. Maybe you really are Cortland Finnegan.

hradhak

It's not that CF is only trash talking. He's shoving AJ in the facemask. He frequently hits him late etc. I imagine AJ could care less about the trash talking, but dirty hits all day long get old fast.

GP

Dude, are you for real?

You don't know much about the AFC South. Innegan is notorious for cheap-shotting. It's not our opinion. It's well-documented and much talked about among other NFL players and commentators.

AJ has had enough. The buck stopped with AJ today. He finally decided that simply walking away was not working. He's been walking away until last year when he had a mini-meltdown with Innegan. This time? He went full beast on him.

AJ is not known for outbursts. He does a whole lot of walking away. How many times have you watched AJ being shown on the TV sports shows where he's being a jackass...such as you see with other superstar WRs? Huh? Waiting for your answer...of course, I'll be waiting forever because AJ is perhaps the most quiet, soft-spoken, non-confrontational, team-oriented superstar WR to play the game.

Just stop trying to be the cool guy with a differing opinion on a topic. This topic is as one-sided and vanilla as it could ever be.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Not only rival fans though, but also I just mentioned them because we see it so often. Not only that you have a ex-coach like Dungy mentioning it.

It's more than just trash talking, it's cheap shots AFTER whistles as well. It's whatever, He does whatever he can get away with. Like I mentioned earlier, he's the guy NBA coaches put in just to piss off the opposing team.

gary
11-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Poor old Finnegan got owned by AJ once again just admit it Cortland you suck.

Jackie Chiles
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/6o03ep.jpg

I love the reaction from the woman sitting in the front row on the far right of the screen. Shes wearing black, she gives him a standing O before hes even finished with Finnegan, awesome.

Runner
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I love the reaction from the woman sitting in the front row on the far right of the screen. Shes wearing black, she gives him a standing O before hes even finished with Finnegan, awesome.

That IS funny.

gary
11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Lol, I see that too.

Kimmy
11-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Lol, I see that too.

I like this one better :)

Stemp
11-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Lol, I see that too.

I don't think anyone in the NFL and probably anyone on the Titans roster, is bemoaning the beatdown AJ put on that dirty POS

Jackie Chiles
11-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Is this the Ryan v Ventura of the NFL? Maybe not quite that epic but I am still on a high from this game.

gary
11-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Next time Andre should hit him in the junk.

Big Lou
11-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Sweet shot of Dre punching Side Show Bob:

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201011/a7eba5f933e9dc5b63dd490d1cfb46d8.jpg

SheTexan
11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Next time Andre should hit him in the junk.

Had a discussion with a bunch of gal friends the other day as to why men call their most prized possession "junk" but, I guess we can leave that topic for another day! lol Maybe I'll ask that question in the NSZ forum!:ahhaha:

Just wanted to say though, in keeping with the topic of the thread. I don't think I have EVER been so proud of a Texan player!! CF got what he deserved and our AJ was the one to give it to him!! EXCELLENT IMHO!! I've been looking for this team to show some backbone, balls, whatever you want to call it, for nine years now, and I saw some of it come out today! I am PROUD they've decided to quit taking crap off the bullies in the NFL! I'm ONE HAPPY TEXAN gma!!

DexmanC
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I am actually quite disappointed with the responses I am seeing right now. There are right ways and wrong ways to respond to bullying.

Teaching children its ok to resort to fisticuffs is a recipe for disaster. We should instead teach our children to out-think and use cunning strategy to get out of difficult situations.

I mean, lets say your kid has a job where a fellow employee is picking on them. Do you want them to resort to fisticuffs and likely lose their job? Or instead use their brain and find a way to expose and deal with the bully in a way that allows them to keep their job?

You never had to beat the **** out of a bully? Not even once?

MEGA SWATT
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Had a discussion with a bunch of gal friends the other day as to why men call their most prized possession "junk" but, I guess we can leave that topic for another day! lol Maybe I'll ask that question in the NSZ forum!:ahhaha:

Just wanted to say though, in keeping with the topic of the thread. I don't think I have EVER been so proud of a Texan player!! CF got what he deserved and our AJ was the one to give it to him!! EXCELLENT IMHO!! I've been looking for this team to show some backbone, balls, whatever you want to call it, for nine years now, and I saw some of it come out today! I am PROUD they've decided to quit taking crap off the bullies in the NFL! I'm ONE HAPPY TEXAN gma!!

It is actually the "family Jewels," if you ask me. However, once the phrase "She has junk in the trunk" became popular to describe a female's generous glutes, the term "junk" then was adopted for any private part--male or female.

AJ definitely has large enough Jewels to handle CF, judging by the beatdown he layed down!!!

gary
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Just wanted to say though, in keeping with the topic of the thread. I don't think I have EVER been so proud of a Texan player!! CF got what he deserved and our AJ was the one to give it to him!! EXCELLENT IMHO!! I've been looking for this team to show some backbone, balls, whatever you want to call it, for nine years now, and I saw some of it come out today! I am PROUD they've decided to quit taking crap off the bullies in the NFL! I'm ONE HAPPY TEXAN gma!!Hope everyone enjoys my new avatar it will be staying for awhile because I love it.

TexCanada
11-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Ya know its funny, I faced a situation similar to this as the captain of a team recently. It was the same set-up with the guy from their team notorious for getting under people's skin, and our guy reacted. As the captain, I was pissed off at my own player because we knew ahead of time what was going to happen, and he still lost his cool. I was angry because it hurt our team in the process and really didn't solve anything.

In no way do I feel sympathy for CF, and he really did have it coming. Having said that, I don't really like the fact that AJ lost his cool and reacted. It was fun to watch, but I just feel like there was better ways to handle it. With the colts set to lose tonight we will find ourselves one game back from the division lead, and possibly going in to next game without AJ.

SheTexan
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
It is actually the "family Jewels," if you ask me. However, once the phrase "She has junk in the trunk" became popular to describe a female's generous glutes, the term "junk" then was adopted for any private part--male or female.

AJ definitely has large enough Jewels to handle CF, judging by the beatdown he layed down!!!

"family jewels" I've heard a zillion times before, but, guess my age is tellin on me now cause I've never heard the phrase "she has junk in the trunk" in ref to a "females's generous glutes!" :) Lesson learned, I'll pass it on to my galpals! Now ya know what we talk about on a slow day at work!:ahhaha:

DexmanC
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/122bxhc.jpg

It was only a matter of time...

steelbtexan
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM
You never had to beat the **** out of a bully? Not even once?

Guess not

This is the attitude that has been lacking and needs to continue. IMHO

The attitude that says we are the Texans and we came to Philly for one purpose and one purpose only. To kick you're a**.

They need to have this attitude for the rest of the season. Then maybe my attitude on Smithiak will change.

TEXANRED
11-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Thanks for the new Avatar!

TEXANRED
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
No wink ....

Can anyone edit this? Mortal combats finish him and instead of Finnegan walking away he explodes.

mussop
11-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Mario just launches. Finnabitch is gonna be puffy tomorrow. Couldn't happened to a more deserving _____ by a better MAN. Go Andre!

AMEN!!!

Kiwi you are right and the fact that Finnigan (a well known ass-clown) was able to to get that kind of a reaction out of such a mild mannered class act like Johnson just shows how big of a **** Finnigan really is and his actions need to be addressed by the NFL.

This is more of an indication of what kind of a player and person Finnigan is than Andre. Johnson has been one of the most professional athletes this city has ever known. In the end though he is still a man and has a limit to what he will take.

fiasco west
11-28-2010, 11:00 PM
AMEN!!!

Kiwi you are right and the fact that Finnigan (a well known ass-clown) was able to to get that kind of a reaction out of such a mild mannered class act like Johnson just shows how big of a **** Finnigan really is and his actions need to be addressed by the NFL.

This is more of an indication of what kind of a player and person Finnigan is than Andre. Johnson has been one of the most professional athletes this planet has ever known. In the end though he is still a man and has a limit to what he will take.

Fix'd

I think it is interesting though that the the ESPN guys alluded that the Texans next game was on NFLN so maybe...just maybe they just won't suspend it. I mean I already saw my first commercial for the next Thurs Night game and it was Vick and the Eagles vs Andre and the Texans.

Maddict5
11-28-2010, 11:17 PM
haha anyone see gameday?? deion was narrating the fight in slo-mo and when aj ripped his helmet off deion says 'ok now your helmets off so run.....RUN!!'

Giant Tiger
11-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Neither player is ejected from the game, nor suspended for fighting. They
just sit for a couple minutes in the penalty box, and it's back to the ice.
My description of the glaring double-standard still applies.

Nobody ever goes knee-jerk about fighting in hockey.

Finnegan's not a fighter, he's always reminded me of D'Arcy Tucker... he gets cheap shots in & hides behind his teammates. He finally got caught this time.

I'd like to know why no coach has ever spoken to Jeff Fisher the way Chuck Noll spoke to Jerry Glanville a few years back.

GP
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Innegan reminds me of Josh Koscheck who is a big twirp in the UFC. Lots of yammerin' and not much to show for it.

And GSP and AJ are two classy, humble guys who outshine both of them.

powerfuldragon
11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
afc south, son.

GuerillaBlack
11-28-2010, 11:54 PM
afc south, son.

the hood division of the NFL.

TexansSeminole
11-28-2010, 11:55 PM
This was fantastic. I knew that eventually something similar to this may happen with these two given their history, but I never thought Andre would go at him like that. I absolutely love it. Had it been any other player I would be a little down on Andre, but everyone knows that Finnegan deserved this. He's been asking for it for years. You know a guy is cheap and looked down upon when just about every analyst, former player or coach, starts talking about how you basically deserved it. Even Titan fans are saying that he had it coming.

Anybody have a video of Dungy or Cowher talking about this incident?

Mr. Texan
11-28-2010, 11:58 PM
motion to change thread title to "Dre Whips Innegan"

powerfuldragon
11-29-2010, 12:03 AM
motion to change thread title to "Dre Whips Innegan"

i respect these boards, i'd hate to see the mods swayed by a twitter blast.

MEGA SWATT
11-29-2010, 12:06 AM
NFL Network: Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin "Bump and Run" receiver vs CB:

DS: "When a guy like AJ does this (gets out of character), you know CF was mouthing off, b/c that is not the type of guy AJ is"

MI: "CF was thinking AJ is quiet, let me get you(AJ) riled up, get you off your game, but he didnt think it would get him beat down"

DS: "He (CF) will be known for that the rest of his career!!! LOL"

MI: "All his boys will tell him Yo Dog, You got whoop'd Dog on TV right in front of everybody. Don't know how you go home and hold your woman tonight..LOL!!"

DS: in a playful crying voice.."How you tell your kids that, How you tell your kids what happened."

Mr. Texan
11-29-2010, 12:07 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/5861563/should-andre-johnson-suspended

you know what to do texans fans :kitten:

powerfuldragon
11-29-2010, 12:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/5861563/should-andre-johnson-suspended

gogogo

MEGA SWATT
11-29-2010, 12:14 AM

done!

DoCRoN
11-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Interesting responses in Florio's SNF PFT chat...

8:29
AskSNF: What do you think will happen to Andre Johnson (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1575)?
PFTonSNF: I think it’s more likely that Cortland Finnegan (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4035) will get suspended.

8:30
AskSNF: will Andre Johson play in the Eagles games this thursday?
PFTonSNF: Yes. Even if he’s suspended the process won’t end by Thursday.

8:33
AskSNF: Why would Cortland Finnegan get suspended when Andre Johnson started it?
PFTonSNF: Finnegan has more extensive history of fines for this kind of stuff.

8:40
AskSNF: Won’t the league suspend Andre Johnson, as well, for throwing a punch?
PFTonSNF: You mean like they did to Richard Seymour (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1134)?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/28/mike-florios-snf-extra-chat-first-half-10/#more-93625

NitroGSXR
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM

AskSNF: What do you think will happen to Andre Johnson (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1575)?
PFTonSNF: I think itís more likely that Cortland Finnegan (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4035) will get suspended.

PFTonSNF: Yes. Even if heís suspended the process wonít end by Thursday.

AskSNF: Why would Cortland Finnegan get suspended when Andre Johnson started it?

AskSNF: Wonít the league suspend Andre Johnson, as well, for throwing a punch?
PFTonSNF: You mean like they did to Richard Seymour (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1134)?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/28/mike-florios-snf-extra-chat-first-half-10/#more-93625

Seymour... open handed swings so basically he slapped Big Ben like a girl.

Andre... fisted Finnigan.

mattieuk
11-29-2010, 12:42 AM

PFTonSNF: I think itís more likely that Cortland Finnegan (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4035) will get suspended.

PFTonSNF: Yes. Even if heís suspended the process wonít end by Thursday.

AskSNF: Wonít the league suspend Andre Johnson, as well, for throwing a punch?

I like how the talking heads are appearing and just slating Finneb*tch for being a jackass, and praising AJ's character, and how this is a one off because of a punk.

Seriously worried about the disciplinary results though.

mattieuk
11-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Clutching at straws but the official NFL.com website says:

Personnel fouls for unnecessary roughness were called on both players, and fines likely are coming, too. Johnson had to be restrained by several team personnel as he was pushed away, then was escorted off the field by a police officer for an early shower. Finnegan jogged off the field, at one point waving to the Houston crowd.

Doesn't mention anything about a suspension likely...

[/clutching at straws]

powerfuldragon
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Seymour... open handed swings so basically he slapped Big Ben like a girl.

Andre... fisted Finnigan.

reword, plz.

NitroGSXR
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
reword, plz.

Lol. Visualization is how I roll... so nope. You could ask Lucky to delete the post. I'm sure he'd be glad to oblige.

Malloy
11-29-2010, 01:32 AM
haha from twitter:

Cortland #finnegan is now named cortland innegan, because #andre johnson beat the f out of him

winner! :)

wagonhed
11-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Lol. Visualization is how I roll... so nope. You could ask Lucky to delete the post. I'm sure he'd be glad to oblige.

Someone's bitter. :doot:

Texanator
11-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Finnegin is a punk and only got what he deserved. He's the type of Bully who knows he can't be touched, so every time the ref turns his back, he throws a punch. I loved Dre's quote about the difference between a dirty player and a PUNK, and Finn being the later.
I lost no respect for Dre' if anything I gained more.

TheDrifter
11-29-2010, 07:21 AM

Looks like the people of Indiana and Florida agree with just a fine.

Im somehow not shocked.

SeŮor Stan
11-29-2010, 07:23 AM
It would be a disservice for the NFL to suspend Johnson. It is their own inability to control Finnegan's dirty play that directly led to Andre throwing down the Leprechaun and taking his Lucky Charms.

Kimmy
11-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Mike Ditka is on Mike and Mike - he said Dre should be applauded. Said if a snake bites you, you should be able to step on the snake (no link yet, should be up on podcast soon)

El Tejano
11-29-2010, 07:40 AM
Given our owner, and if Andre serves any suspension, Andre just may have saved Kubiak's job.

Kimmy
11-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Mike Ditka is on Mike and Mike - he said Dre should be applauded. Said if a snake bites you, you should be able to step on the snake (no link yet, should be up on podcast soon)

Link

#Ditka on #AndreJohnson: I wouldn't suspend him, I'd appluad him

http://twitter.com/MikeAndMike

CloakNNNdagger
11-29-2010, 07:57 AM

For everyone's reading pleasure (http://www.livedash.com/transcript/mike_and_mike_in_the_morning/36/ESPN2/Monday_November_29_2010/525049/)..............the transcript to the part of the show you refer to:

02:19:32 Talking to hall of famer mike [Ditka] one of the things we saw over the weekend, you don't see it.
02:19:37 You don't see haymakers thrown in the fight an awful lot now adays.
02:19:43 But you saw it with andre johnson and court hand finnagen from houston and from tennessee.
02:19:48 So, I guess we'll start off this way.
02:19:50 Did you ever get in a fight on the field?
02:19:52 >> I did.
02:19:52 Let me tell you something, i heard all your conversation this morning.
02:19:56 I wouldn't suspend him, I would have plot him [I believe it should have been transcribed as "applauded him], I would have plot him if I was a national football league, where does it say if a snake bites you, you can't step on a snake?
02:20:08 This is exactly what happened to this kid.
02:20:10 This kid a great football player who goes about his business and doesn't say anything.
02:20:14 The other guy is a pain in the you know where.
02:20:17 And that's his whole game is to try to disrupt you and aggravate you and take a cheap shot.
02:20:23 That's what he does.
02:20:24 And you know, I admire -- listen, I applaud him.
02:20:29 The other thing you learn in football, you learn in life.
02:20:31 Don't mess with people who can whip your butt.
02:20:36 [Laughter] >> you know what?
02:20:37 I agree 100% with what you said, but unfortunately the league -- >> unfortunately, there is no unfortunately.
02:20:43 There's no set rule for this.
02:20:44 The league doesn't have to do anything to him.
02:20:47 Now, you're saying we'll let you out.
02:20:49 I hear what your saying.
02:20:51 Why are they?
02:20:51 He did the right thing.
02:20:53 Anybody that knows the history between these players, that knows courtland finnagen and the way he plays the game and the cheap shots he takes, they don't have to do a thing.
02:21:02 But will they do something?
02:21:03 That's up to them.
02:21:04 You want to be politically correct, you do something.
02:21:07 You don't, hey, we'll put you in the ring next time is all.
02:21:11 >> "Mike and mike" and mike ditka, that was not answer the first question, and we asked with big smiles on our face.
02:21:16 You have any recollection of getting involved with anything like this on the field?
02:21:20 >> Well, yeah.
02:21:22 I got into a few as I played.
02:21:24 We had players who pushed the envelope at that time, too.
02:21:29 And it just -- I don't know that it ever continued very long.
02:21:33 I'm sure I got a couple of shots in, I got probably hit a few times.
02:21:38 Let me tell you something, I'll be very honest with you, I did not get suspended, neither did the other guy.
02:21:46 I did not get thrown out of the game, neither did the other guy.
02:21:49 We're trying to make football something it isn't.
02:21:51 Football is family, it will always be football.
02:21:54 There will always be hitting, always somebody getting mad.
02:21:56 This is going to happen.
02:21:58 >> This is as good as it gets.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Late to the party, but I applaud AJ....

AJ exposed what a POS "Fake Ass Irishman" really is (although we already knew)... And finally, someone on the Texans has a heartbeat. Will AJ be suspended? Probably, but he should be back in time to see those Tinnbreds and "Fake Ass Irishman" in a couple of weeks!!!!

chicagotexan2
11-29-2010, 08:05 AM
WOW!!!!! We all know someone that just needs to get thier @$$es beaten beacuse they are world class aholes. That diminutive P.O.S. had it coming and Andre gave it to him good. It's hard to call that punk a bully, but AJ had enough of his antics and gave him the only thing he understands. A good ole fashion @$$ whipping. I loved it.

CloakNNNdagger
11-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Kubiak giving the Game Ball to AJ says it all.

Runner
11-29-2010, 08:11 AM
It would be a disservice for the NFL to suspend Johnson. It is their own inability to control Finnegan's dirty play that directly led to Andre throwing down the Leprechaun and taking his Lucky Charms.

The refs in individual games share some blame too. Finnegan does a lot of this "borderline" (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt) stuff in clear view of everyone. If it is borderline, they should call it sometimes.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 08:11 AM

WOW!! That is awesomeness!!!

TheMatrix31
11-29-2010, 08:14 AM

Adam_Schefter

Houston HC Gary Kubiak awarded Andre Johnson a game ball for producing at least 60 catches in 8 straight seasons - not for the fight. 2 minutes ago via web

....heh, yeah RIGHT it was for that, Schefty.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Adam_Schefter

Houston HC Gary Kubiak awarded Andre Johnson a game ball for producing at least 60 catches in 8 straight seasons - not for the fight. 2 minutes ago via web

Right!!! :winky:

spurstexanstros
A freaking men to all the posts..

I think AJ is now up there with Nolan Ryan is Texas sports fight lore. You mess with the bull and you get the horns. Ole Cortie is lucky Eric Winston didnt get ahold of him otherwise we might be talking about a fatality. I hope there is not a suspension but in todays league players found drunk driving will get a pass and those who make one mistake get hit hard.

I hope this lights a fire under the team especially if AJ gets suspended. I didnt give the Texans much of a shot vs Eagles but now I see the team rally around their leader and come out guns blazin and make a playoff run.

"Son, sometimes you got to bow up" My Dad to a then 14 yr old freshman basketball player STS

BIG TORO
Adam_Schefter

I think the ball was for the accuracy of his punches!

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 08:22 AM
I think the ball was for the accuracy of his punches!

Dude.... If those punches were as accurate as they should've been, that ***** would've been knocked the **** out!!!! ANd yes, that ***** is Cortland Finnegan!!!!

Stemp
11-29-2010, 08:22 AM
CBS showed the locker room. Kubes said "This game ball goes to.... well, he didn't get the finished the game but he's the first player to have 60 catches in the first 6 season of his career, Andres Johnson". AJ then apologized to his team for the altercation and said "let's keep this up and keep doing what we need to do".

AJ is the epitome of everything that is good about the NFL. Finnegan is the poster child for dirty play and **** talking.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
LMFAO at Tinnbred fan. Some were actually defending Finnegan and called Andre a thug from the "U"!!!! :lol:

Idiots!!!!

chicagotexan2
11-29-2010, 08:29 AM
I am actually quite disappointed with the responses I am seeing right now. There are right ways and wrong ways to respond to bullying.

Teaching children its ok to resort to fisticuffs is a recipe for disaster. We should instead teach our children to out-think and use cunning strategy to get out of difficult situations.

I mean, lets say your kid has a job where a fellow employee is picking on them. Do you want them to resort to fisticuffs and likely lose their job? Or instead use their brain and find a way to expose and deal with the bully in a way that allows them to keep their job?

Calm down there Joel Osteen. You may live in a world where thugs, bullies and punks can be talked down and reasoned with, but some of us don't. You raise your children to turn the other cheek (and they'll probably get popped on that one too) but I tell mine to defend themselves when you know there is no other way. A bully does not stop until they are stopped.

hradhak
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
AJ should be AFC offensive player of the week. And World Heavyweight Champ. :dancer:

HTown2ATX
11-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Down....goes....Frasier!!!!!!!

haha.....friggin love this energy I have again for this team right now. Feels good!!!

I may actially try to watch the game Thursday (I don't get NFL Network and prior to yesterday and the way the season had gone, I had no intention of going out to see it).

Only 1 game out of 1st in Division.

C'mon guys!!!!

:jam:

:fans:

Dutchrudder
11-29-2010, 08:40 AM
I watched the video again and after the CF throws his hands at AJ's facemask, you can see CF throw the first punch towards AJ's helmet. AJ is smart enough to know to take off the helmet before throwing punches, so that's what he does :) No question this was instigated by CF, and that he threw the first punch. I'll be surprised if AJ gets suspended for getting into a fight with this loser. CF brought it on himself.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/11/28/johnson-finnegan-ejected-for-fighting/

Thorn
11-29-2010, 08:41 AM
The whole thing can be blamed on Finnegan, we all know his modus operandi. He instigated the whole thing with his punk ass ways. However, the NFL will punish them both and we all know it. If the NFL is smart and wants to suspend them, they should suspend them both for the next Titans game. But I suspect the NFL will do something none of us feel is right. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

DerekLee1
11-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Apparently NFL Films had AJ mic'ed up for this game. Oh, what I would give to get my hands on THAT tape!!

Drew_Smoke
11-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I just heard on the radio that #80 was miked by NFL Films for this game.

That will be historic footage seeing Courtland Ventura bounced around like that.

HTown2ATX
11-29-2010, 08:52 AM
LMFAO at Tinnbred fan. Some were actually defending Finnegan and called Andre a thug from the "U"!!!! :lol:

Idiots!!!!

:lol:

Well, what do you expect, when you're in Bumblescum and you're looking at family members the wrong way this is what you get.

There's not enough genes in the pool for everyone you know!

(banjo playing)

Malloy
11-29-2010, 08:53 AM

Gandalf beating the snot out of Gollum :)

gwallaia
11-29-2010, 08:59 AM
What's up with the dude's hair?

spurstexanstros
11-29-2010, 09:00 AM
I heard two things when I was watching fight.

I heard Avery Johnson telling Steve Nash " I will not be manhandled not in my house."

and I hear Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi.

I have always said on this board..if you go down go down swinging. Hopefully this is a start to a fantastic finish.

chicagotexan2
11-29-2010, 09:03 AM
610 has the video in slo mo. It's like the Courtland Finnegan Zepruder film.

Note to self - Don't eff with Andre Johnson.

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/

Malloy
11-29-2010, 09:09 AM
reword, plz.

On national tv... the ultimate embarrasment :)

Mean Machine
11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
I support Andre 100%. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do.
Go Texans!

Malloy
11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Looks like the people of Indiana and Florida agree with just a fine.

Im somehow not shocked.

And players around Tennessee and Philly want a suspension :)

GuerillaBlack
11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
It's too bad Gus Johnson wasn't calling the game. That fight would have been more epic.

HOU-TEX
11-29-2010, 09:22 AM

No doubt! Does he actually think it looks good? Good Lord, he looks like a used Q-tip.

DoCRoN
11-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Seymour... open handed swings so basically he slapped Big Ben

slapped him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9TdYe7L4Q

BullNation4Life
11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
It's too bad Gus Johnson wasn't calling the game. That fight would have been more epic.

I can hear it now...

GUS JOHNSON: "Annndre Johnson dropping the B's on Finnigan like he stole something! ANDRE JOHNSON with the uppercut!

then there is whinny ass Steve Tasker...

"I don't know why these 2 guys cannot play the game like I played it back in the day. This is uncalled for and Andre Johnson should be ashamed of himself. Fans didn't come here today to see a fight, they came to see a football game"

Then back to Gus...

" ANDRE JOHNSON IS A MAN!"

DoCRoN
11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Since I'm posting youtube links, I assume everyone saw this one from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq5yS5ArC70

NitroGSXR
11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
slapped him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9TdYe7L4Q

So would you consider that "punch" to be comparable to Andre's?

DoCRoN
11-29-2010, 09:28 AM

I didn't say that. But I consider it to be much more than a "slap".

GP
11-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I can hear it now...

GUS JOHNSON: "Annndre Johnson dropping the B's on Finnigan like he stole something! ANDRE JOHNSON with the uppercut!

then there is whinny ass Steve Tasker...

"I don't know why these 2 guys cannot play the game like I played it back in the day. This is uncalled for and Andre Johnson should be ashamed of himself. Fans didn't come here today to see a fight, they came to see a football game"

Then back to Gus...

" ANDRE JOHNSON IS A MAN!"

Tasker would have ran onto the field (WWF style) and tried to help Innegan out.

That's the sort of Houston Hating Turdface that Tasker is.

And Dan Fouts rarely had anything good to say about us. Anybody notice that? I can understand his bias during our Chargers game that he commentated upon earlier this season...but he was whining about everything that didn't go the Titans' way.

It was pretty obvious.

Why is there this widespread hatred for the Texans? We haven't done a freaking thing to anybody. We're charitable: We give games away on a regular basis. LOL.

BigBull17
11-29-2010, 09:40 AM

I would bet a weeks salary that Fake Irishman was being chippy the whole game. Dre kept his cool till he snapped. He's is a dirty player who reminds me of a Utah Jazz player. They foul so much you can't call all of them. He does so much little **** the ref would have to throw a flag every play.

chicagotexan2
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM

What do you mean?

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/128916579368206766.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/118/089/RackMultipart.24710.0_display_image.jpg?1258906348

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_d31d973494444a96b4f5aec80510c2b1.jpg

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/83398610.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548F36EF87886BA34C0 32283C3CB14F9FEBC0FE5923B9FF826E

Stemp
11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
If the NFL wants to stop this mess, they need to come down hard in the instigators, not the retaliators. Give AJ a big fine, but fine and suspend Innegan for 2 games and have him meet with Goodell. Tell him if he instigates another fight, his suspension will be 3 games then 4 and 5 till he learns his lesson.

TheCD
11-29-2010, 09:47 AM

Of course we all agree with what AJ did, but at the same time I don't think anyone should be able to predict what the NFL should do in this case.

The hit Seymour laid was on an unsuspecting player who didn't start anything.

Finnegan and Andre manned-up and went after each other. I don't think a multiple game suspension should be coming for AJ as this is his first offense and doesn't go along with the precedent the NFL has set (blows to the head of a defenseless player).

In my opinion the two guys went at it and you can't punish them under the guise of "player safety". If the NFL tries to make that case they have lost it.

Ole Miss Texan
11-29-2010, 09:49 AM
As soon as it happened I was like, "I wanna know what Finnegan was doing because AJ would not have snapped like that if it wasn't serious." Good job to AJ for standing his ground. Finnegan was a punk the whole game, always has been. AJ even warned him, supposedly, to stop playing like that but CF didn't listen. I loved seeing this. I loved how AJ got a standing ovation as he was leaving the field, the stadium went crazy for him.

The Titans were being little jackasses after the play too. One of the D-lineman was in the middle of the field waving his hands and talking smack to the fans.

What gets me about this whole thing is that when a fight breaks out on the field.... it usually gets a lot more people involved. When BOTH teams saw it was Finnegan and AJ and that the were really going at it, Myers ran over to pull Finnegan off, Leach just seperated AJ and everyone else ran over to Finnegan. Usually the opposing team would get all up in arms but not the Titans. They looked over and saw who it was and were all simultaneously thinking, "Ah sh*t it's Andre Johnson. God dam*it Corty why the f*ck are you starting sh*t with him." If it were ANY two other players, this fight would have gotten real bad with the benches cleared. But the Titans have too much respect for AJ and not enough for their own teammate CF to even defend him.

Andre 2 - Finnegan 0

HOU-TEX
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Personally, I fully expect a suspension for AJ. Throwing haymakers at a player without a helmet is a huge no-no. I totally commend AJ for doing what he did, but I'm also realistic.

Let's not forget that AJ also slapped the ref's arms away from him too. Also a big no-no.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 09:53 AM

It's on the ghey tip!

eriadoc
11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
The Titans were being little jackasses after the play too. One of the D-lineman was in the middle of the field waving his hands and talking smack to the fans.

That was Babin.

Hey, if Innegan wants to be known as the dirtiest player in the NFL as he has stated, then I think the NFL league office as well as the refs should take him at his word and whenever something like this happens, just go after Innegan.

CloakNNNdagger
11-29-2010, 10:02 AM

That's what happens when you line your helmet with Velcro and get it yanked off.

BIG TORO
11-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Steve Wyche predicts AJ will not be suspended:

He also called the fight "street justice!"

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1575

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Steve Wyche predicts AJ will not be suspended:

He also called the fight "street justice!"

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1575

"Street justice"

I love it!!!

Mr. Texan
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sUoPTHeGKUM

:koolaid:

HTown2ATX
11-29-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sUoPTHeGKUM

:koolaid:

LOL....bad ass....I was hoping there would be a video of this!!!

DerekLee1
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Wonder if Goodell will be listening to AJ's mic tapes as part of his investigation?

BIG TORO
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Wonder if Goodell will be listening to AJ's mic tapes as part of his investigation?

He should I bet CF was talking alot of crap before he got man handled!

NitroGSXR
11-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Of course we all agree with what AJ did, but at the same time I don't think anyone should be able to predict what the NFL should do in this case.

The hit Seymour laid was on an unsuspecting player who didn't start anything.

Finnegan and Andre manned-up and went after each other. I don't think a multiple game suspension should be coming for AJ as this is his first offense and doesn't go along with the precedent the NFL has set (blows to the head of a defenseless player).

In my opinion the two guys went at it and you can't punish them under the guise of "player safety". If the NFL tries to make that case they have lost it.

The thing about Seymour's hit is that it was more comparable to the hit the Finnegan put on Andre... a swift hand slap. People are trying to rationalize Andre's actions by using the Seymour example and I think they're setting themselves up for disappoinment.

Malloy
11-29-2010, 10:53 AM

Man I REALLY would love to hear those.

Anyone with an NFL connection? :)

DerekLee1
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
The thing about Seymour's hit is that it was more comparable to the hit the Finnegan put on Andre... a swift hand slap. People are trying to rationalize Andre's actions by using the Seymour example and I think they're setting themselves up for disappoinment.

What AJ did was retaliation. Had Ben cracked back at Seymour the way AJ did, I don't think HE would have been suspended either. The precedent has been set. Hit a player in the head after the play, fine and no suspension. I suspect the NFLPA will be able to appeal any suspension and put it off until at least after the Philly and Baltimore games. I think AJ plays Thursday night, with or without a suspension.

El Tejano
11-29-2010, 11:00 AM
I've mentioned this before but noone commented on this. How will you all feel if Dre gets suspended and we end up not making playoffs or having a winning record for that matter and our owner says "well it's not Gary's fault Andre didn't play the last 5 games" and decides to keep Kubiak?

Kimmy
11-29-2010, 11:02 AM
I've mentioned this before but noone commented on this. How will you all feel if Dre gets suspended and we end up not making playoffs or having a winning record for that matter and our owner says "well it's not Gary's fault Andre didn't play the last 5 games" and decides to keep Kubiak?

Kubiak needs to go regardless. Good coaches find a way to win, even with injuries, suspensions, etc.

It can't always be someone else's fault.

cdollaz
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM

We've won in the past without Andre. His not being there is not an excuse for losing.

gwallaia
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Where are all the Possum Holler fans? I would like to hear their take on their punk ass ***** getting beat down.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM

There's more than a good chance that we don't make the playoffs anyway, so I'm all for Dre exposing Finnegan for the little ***** we all knew he was.... KUDOS to AJ, irrespective of the outcome. I could care less about the second part of the question... I'm just glad to see someone on this team get fired up and for it to be a guy like AJ, speaks volumes!!

NitroGSXR
11-29-2010, 11:10 AM
What AJ did was retaliation. Had Ben cracked back at Seymour the way AJ did, I don't think HE would have been suspended either. The precedent has been set. Hit a player in the head after the play, fine and no suspension. I suspect the NFLPA will be able to appeal any suspension and put it off until at least after the Philly and Baltimore games. I think AJ plays Thursday night, with or without a suspension.

I understand that. I'm talking about people who are using the Seymour "so-called punch" as justification for Andre not to be suspended.

Dude... don't get me wrong. I do not think Andre should be suspended and I fully think he was justified. Man... you should have heard me chanting ANDRE ANDRE ANDRE from my seats as well as while I was exiting. Sometimes somebody's gotta do what they gotta do and I get that but that also comes with consequences. Even though I was about ready to jump from section 551 onto the field to back my boy, Dre, up.

El Tejano
11-29-2010, 11:49 AM
We've won in the past without Andre. His not being there is not an excuse for losing.

It is when you are unsure about the next season and don't want to spend big money on a coach.

SeŮor Stan
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Is there any chance at all that the Texans list Andre Johnson as "probable" with "sore right fist" on this weeks injury report?

Please.

Malloy
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Is there any chance at all that the Texans list Andre Johnson as "probable" with "sore right fist" on this weeks injury report?

Please.

And have the Titans list Finnegan with a 'bruised ego' :)

SeŮor Stan
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
And have the Titans list Finnegan with a 'bruised ego' :)

Change that to "bruised labia" and we've got a deal.

HTown2ATX
11-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Change that to "bruised labia" and we've got a deal.

LOL...you beat me to it!

badboy
11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I just don't understand why yall would like this. It is a HORRIBLE example to set for kids. Telling kids its perfectly ok to knock someone down and take a couple of shots as the way to resolve conflict is a poor message.

Plus, this is a team sport. AJ SHOULD be suspended for a game or two. So, he will hurt the team's chances against the Eagles and Ravens. Those were going to be tough games. Without AJ those are essentially L's.You explain to your children that at their age they are expected to take issues of punks bullying them to the adults in charge. This was not about one incident or even one incident in this particular game. AJ did not retaliate until the 4th quarter & the play before showed AJ was fed up. This is a prime example of the authorities screwing up. Fennigan was allowed to continue his punk ways as he has historically against Johnson and other WRs. This is on the referees and hopefully the commish addresses that. If AJ gets suspended so should the referee.

If a child goes to the teacher and informs what is going on and after years of the same bully trying to take his lunch money, you clap the kid on the back and say "well done for defending yourself." You apologise that the authorities did not act as they were supposed to and tell the child that each incident is different and that you trust the child to act as you have taught them. You also send a strong letter of criticism to the school board.

Andre_Johnson
11-29-2010, 12:16 PM
"I would like to apologize to the organization, our owner, my teammates," he said. "What happened out there wasn't me. I just lost my cool and I wish I could take back what happened but I can't. I'm pretty sure I'll be disciplined for it, I'll have to deal with it from there." -AJ

Like he said, he'll be disciplined for this and he knows he's going to have a long talk with Goodell this week. Finnegan had that coming, but no one in Houston is going to be happy with the inevitable suspension.

Ole Miss Texan
11-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I've mentioned this before but noone commented on this. How will you all feel if Dre gets suspended and we end up not making playoffs or having a winning record for that matter and our owner says "well it's not Gary's fault Andre didn't play the last 5 games" and decides to keep Kubiak?Andre Johnson did what he had to do and I commend him for it. If he gets suspended, so be it. This was not just an isolated incident where AJ got mad from one play. It's Cortland Finnegan who has been doing this sh*t since he joined the league, has been doing this all year and all game. Andre warned him to play ball and quit doing that cheap stuff. Then Finnegan taunted the Texans bench saying "watch this" and then violently jerked Andre's helmet up and got in his throat.

This HAD to be done. Not because of 1 play but because of hundreds of incidents from CF. If Andre gets suspended and we lose and miss the playoffs so be it, we're a longshot anyways. This is something that will have a PROFOUND effect on the rest of the Texans players. If anything, this may help them play with more fire, more grit, more passion the rest of the year and throughout their careers. The Texans became a better team because of what AJ did. I truly believe that.

Kudos AJ, Kudos.

Cjeremy635
11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Don't know if anyone posted the .gif.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/mollywhoppin.gif

BSofA04
11-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Andre Johnson did what he had to do and I commend him for it. If he gets suspended, so be it. This was not just an isolated incident where AJ got mad from one play. It's Cortland Finnegan who has been doing this sh*t since he joined the league, has been doing this all year and all game. Andre warned him to play ball and quit doing that cheap stuff. Then Finnegan taunted the Texans bench saying "watch this" and then violently jerked Andre's helmet up and got in his throat.

This HAD to be done. Not because of 1 play but because of hundreds of incidents from CF. If Andre gets suspended and we lose and miss the playoffs so be it, we're a longshot anyways. This is something that will have a PROFOUND effect on the rest of the Texans players. If anything, this may help them play with more fire, more grit, more passion the rest of the year and throughout their careers. The Texans became a better team because of what AJ did. I truly believe that.

Kudos AJ, Kudos.
Hell yeah Ole Miss Texan! Let the league take notice we will whip your a** if you mess with us!

badboy
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Don't know if anyone posted the .gif.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/mollywhoppin.gif"AJ, once you have the punk on the ground, do a rear mount and go for a choke hold!" signed George St. Pierre

houstonspartan
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Andre Johnson did what he had to do and I commend him for it. If he gets suspended, so be it. This was not just an isolated incident where AJ got mad from one play. It's Cortland Finnegan who has been doing this sh*t since he joined the league, has been doing this all year and all game. Andre warned him to play ball and quit doing that cheap stuff. Then Finnegan taunted the Texans bench saying "watch this" and then violently jerked Andre's helmet up and got in his throat.

Kudos AJ, Kudos.

Agree. Every human being has their breaking point. Even nice, mild-mannered Andre Johnson.

b0ng
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Stolen from BRB/Houston SBNation blog.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/494704/cortland1129.png

TITAN1
11-29-2010, 12:33 PM
And have the Titans list Finnegan with a 'bruised ego' :) That is from one of his "punches" that hit Cortland on the shoulder pads. Johnson lost his cool, he let Cortland get under his skin just like he wanted him to do. That is why Cortland was laughing. I guess you forget when Johnson was fined $7500 last year for swinging Cortland to the ground by his face mask. Stop acting like Johnson is some kind of an angel. Also remember your Txeans still have to come to LP field. One of your offensive linemen admitted that they chop block. If you are going to call out a player on another team, call out your own also.

eriadoc
11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
One of your offensive linemen admitted that they chop block.

Bull****. He said they cut block, which is legal.

HuttoKarl
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Bull****. He said they cut block, which is legal.

Tit-ans fans can't read...cut a man some slack.

TITAN1
11-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Bull****. He said they cut block, which is legal.BS, they chop block and you know it!