PDA

View Full Version : Inside 2 minutes reviews

panamamyers
11-28-2010, 01:14 PM
NFL just needs to get rid of this rule if they are not going to utilize it properly. It helped cost us the Jacksonville game and it could have screwed us right there on that Moss non-catch.

Farough
11-28-2010, 01:26 PM
There was one in the Green Bay game today too. It was on a fourth down conversion and the ruling on the field was that Gonzalez completed the catch. Replays showed that it should have been reversed.

*EDIT* nevermind, it was before the 2 minute warning and Atlanta had let the clock roll down to 2 minutes.

panamamyers
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
My solution is to just have someone on the defense go down with a cramp. Give the review booth ample time to decide if they want to review. Same can be done outside of two minutes to give the defense a chance to watch a few reviews and the offense can't hurry up and run a play.

Surprised no one has gone to this tactic yet.

Malloy
11-28-2010, 01:31 PM
My solution is to just have someone on the defense go down with a cramp. Give the review booth ample time to decide if they want to review. Same can be done outside of two minutes to give the defense a chance to watch a few reviews and the offense can't hurry up and run a play.

Or call a TO

panamamyers
11-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Don't want to have to waste a timeout every time you do that.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
11-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Don't want to have to waste a timeout every time you do that.

If there there is an injury within the final 2 minutes of a game that requires a timeout, the injured player's team is charged one of their team timeouts.

panamamyers
11-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I meant other than inside the two minutes.

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2010, 03:01 PM

They had plenty of time to see the replay...............if they wanted to.

hradhak
11-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I'd actually be for making the NFL review every play, before or after the 2 minute warning. I don't think it should be the responsibility of the coaches to fix plays that the refs screw up.