PDA

View Full Version : Saints DE Will Smith charged with domestic abuse

Wolf
11-28-2010, 11:41 AM
NEW ORLEANS ó New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith was arrested Saturday in Louisiana after he was accused of grabbing his wifeís hair and pulling her down the street.

Police in Lafayette, which is about 50 miles west of Baton Rouge, said Smith and his wife had gotten into an argument just after 2 a.m. while leaving a nightclub. Police Cpl. Paul Mouton said in a press release that officers on patrol saw the argument escalate, and then saw Smith grab the womanís hair.

Greg Bensil, the director of media relations for the Saints, said in an e-mail that the team was aware of the charges and had spoken with Smith. He said the teamís security staff is looking into the matter but declined further comment.

Mouton says the womanís injuries were minor. Smith has been charged with domestic abuse and simple battery.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7313529.html

jaayteetx
11-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Nothing good ever happens at 2am.

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I believe they showed him with his extremely happy family after the game. Very sad.

Maddict5
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I believe they showed him with his extremely happy family after the game. Very sad.

i remember that aswell. two small kids iirc. you'd expect more from a well off 30 yr old guy with kids