PDA

View Full Version : Titans OC has cancer .

Honoring Earl 34
11-24-2010, 08:22 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A busy day at Titans practice was overshadowed by the terrible news Jeff Fisher had to deliver to his team and then to the media: Offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger has been diagnosed with cancer and will undergo chemotherapy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/32267/heimerdinger-illness-cast-pall-over-titans

JB
11-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Terrible news even for a tinnbred.

Come to Houston for the best cancer center in the world Mike!

Thoughts and prayers to Mike H. and his family.

Honoring Earl 34
11-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Terrible news even for a tinnbred.

Come to Houston for the best cancer center in the world Mike!

Thoughts and prayers to Mike H. and his family.

I bet that's why Fisher blew a gasket . Vy only had so much time a week to get the game plan and he was pissing it away .

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Agreed... While talking smack with other teams is fun and all, and also when done lightheartedly (get a grip ShabbyBevo), I never like hearing things like this. Prayers sent to the Heimerdinger clan... Get well soon!!!

drewmar74
11-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Prayers sent to the Heimerdinger clan... Get well soon!!!

Amen. A speedy and complete recovery to him.

brakos82
11-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Hopefully this isn't much of a Heimer-dinger.

Dutchrudder
11-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I thought this was going to be a joke about Vince Young...

Hope he gets that taken care of correctly. Good luck Mr. Heimerdinger.

dc_txtech
11-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Man, never good to hear something like this. I hope the best for him and his family.

gary
11-25-2010, 09:01 AM
I never wish any illness to anyone this sucks so close to the holidays and all too. Prayers sent to him and all who know and love him. May he get better very soon.

False Start
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Sad news. Prayers go out to him, and his family.

CloakNNNdagger
11-25-2010, 11:04 AM
The "C" word strikes fear in the hearts of the strongest of families. May Heimerdinger respond to his treatment, and he and his family be comforted through this difficult time.

Mailman
11-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Terrible news for the Heimerdinger family. On Thanksgiving, no less.

Kinda puts the whole VY/Fisher debacle into proper perspective.

Get well, Mr. Heimerdinger.

steelbtexan
11-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Get well soon Mike.

Thoughts and prayers.

On a side note if the Texans dont win Sunday they never will.

Playing them without their OC and their 3rd string QB starting. It couldn't be set up better for a Texans win.

TexanSam
11-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Did not know his son was an intern in the Texans scouting department. I'll send good thoughts his way and hope he gets better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5849568

Houston coach Gary Kubiak is longtime friends with Heimerdinger after both worked together in Denver. Heimerdinger's son is an intern in the Texans' scouting department, and he flew to Nashville on Wednesday to join his family.

Kubiak said after practice Thursday that he spoke with Heimerdinger on Wednesday.

"You just pray for him that hopefully some positive things happen along the way, but he was very upbeat," Kubiak said. "I got a chance to visit with his son yesterday before I got him on a plane and flew him to Tennessee. I just wish Mike the best and say a lot of prayers for him. He's a great person. It's very tough, but Mike's a tough guy, too."

El Tejano
11-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Praying that he beats this disease.

kiwitexansfan
11-26-2010, 11:06 AM
On a football related note, this could serve as a rallying point for their team before the game, you know lets win one for old Heime.

Koolaid Time
11-26-2010, 06:59 PM
I met Mike Heimerdinger several times when he was the OC on Fred Goldsmith's staff at Rice in the early 90's.

Prayers are with Mike and his family.

CloakNNNdagger
11-26-2010, 10:21 PM
As little as Bud is to be respected, as much is Heimerdinger is to be admired as a coach and a person.

Titans’ Heimerdinger to play on Sunday’s game (http://whatisthetrend.net/titans%E2%80%99-heimerdinger-to-play-on-sunday%E2%80%99s-game-20105597.html)

Mike Heimerdinger of the Tennessee Titans will be back to call plays on their Sunday’s game when they visit the Houston Texans.

Heimerdinger will call plays against the Texans on Sunday before he begins his treatment for cancer.

In addition, Fisher said that it is obvious that Heimerdinger is in his good shape and is ready to play for their game on Sunday night, which results for them to become excited to have him back in the team and keep him involved. He also added that they are praying for him and it has been a very emotional day for all of them, and that the guys in the team were so happy to see him early morning.

Also, Heimerdinger refuses to have interviews with reporters this week. He just walk out of their practice and presumed his work. Moreover, Cortland Finnegan passed by the offensive coordinator and patted him to the back at one moment.

Finnegan said that it means a lot for him to be able to join the team once more. He is a man who deals with what he is dealing right now on a positive way. Fisher also added that, football is Heimerdinger’s passion, so it is not a surprise why he still wants to be part of the game. Also, if he will focus in his job, it will give him a big break right before he started his treatment for cancer.

Fisher added about his coordinator and likewise his friend, which Heimerdinger understands what lies ahead of him. He has a very big fight in front of him.