PDA

View Full Version : Team Heartbreak....

thunderkyss
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't understand why you do it.

Kubiak isn't going anywhere. You know McNair isn't going to fire him.

Unless something happens in December with the CBA, we can go 4-12, & Kubiak won't go anywhere.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't care if Kubiak stays or goes. I think he's had more than enough time to build this team, things aren't going well for him right now.

I want this team to be a winner more than I want Kubiak to be successful. Believe that.

But since I firmly believe Kubiak isn't going anywhere, mainly because of the CBA & McNair needs to hire a football guy before he hires his next coach anyway, I'm going to hold out hope beyond hope that this team turns it around.

I think chances are better that we'll finish 10-6, than Kubiak will be fired even if we finish 4-12.

Jackie Chiles
11-23-2010, 07:07 PM

This sounds eerily similar to what a lot of people were saying about Richard Smith the year before he got canned. I doubt McNair wants to fire him but if we don't make the playoffs I don't see how he survives.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I support this team!!

DexmanC
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM

Unless something happens in December with the CBA, we can go 4-12, & Kubiak won't go anywhere.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't care if Kubiak stays or goes. I think he's had more than enough time to build this team, things aren't going well for him right now.

I want this team to be a winner more than I want Kubiak to be successful. Believe that.

But since I firmly believe Kubiak isn't going anywhere, mainly because of the CBA & McNair needs to hire a football guy before he hires his next coach anyway, I'm going to hold out hope beyond hope that this team turns it around.

I think chances are better that we'll finish 10-6, than Kubiak will be fired even if we finish 4-12.

I wouldn't be opposed to Kubiak getting the Mangini treatment, as long
as Mcnair hires a competent football man to take control out of Kubiak's
hands.

If the status quo remains <Kubiak retains total control>, I'll be livid.

Wolf
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
next 3 weeks will or should shape what Bob has in mind (if he hasn't already)

Titans
then two prime time games against Philly and the Ravens

for the record, I like Kubiak as an offensive coach. Obviously Bob and Kubiak hopefully realize that they need a proven Defensive coordinator her ..The players are young and the coaching staff within the system (if you call it that) are as young or younger. Obviously a good Defensive coordinator will mask some of the flaws that Gary has.

If Kubiak is gone, so be it but they need to bring in a big name coach in here (I wouldn't be against keeping the Offensive coaches here) .

thunderkyss
11-23-2010, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to Kubiak getting the Mangini treatment, as long
as Mcnair hires a competent football man to take control out of Kubiak's
hands.

If the status quo remains <Kubiak retains total control>, I'll be livid.

If I were McNair, my mind would already be made up to do this. I don't know if Dan Reeves is that guy, or Ray Rhodes (doubt it), Parcells?? Buddy Ryan...... Maybe a Pioli.... .

But before he hires his next head coach, or decide to keep/fire Rick Smith, he needs a football person to help him make that decision.

Wolf
11-23-2010, 07:50 PM
If I were McNair, my mind would already be made up to do this. I don't know if Dan Reeves is that guy, or Ray Rhodes (doubt it), Parcells?? Buddy Ryan...... Maybe a Pioli.... .

But before he hires his next head coach, or decide to keep/fire Rick Smith, he needs a football person to help him make that decision.

Jimmy Johnson :thinking:(as a football person helping)

drewmar74
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I support this team!!

Yes!

Well, at the end of the day, we're pulling for a city, a logo, and a uniform. With that in mind, I feel it is more appropriate to say "I support this particular batch of laundry!"

spurstexanstros
11-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Im there with ya TK..Kubes isnt going anywhere unless the CBA worked out and they have the replacement already comitted (you guys know that happens despite rooney rule)

As I have stated until Kubiak takes steps backward and has a worse record than the year before a firing isnt warrented. I am of the opinion that a change of coaching is changing the whole franchise offense included. and in our division change is not a good thing. Each team has had a universal constant . Peyton, Fisher and Del Rio and the only team to make coaching changes the Texans and if we fire Kubiak that would be two and we would be firing a guy just for the HOPE of getting Cowher and we would push reset on this franchise again. I dont bellieve we are in a divsion that a change will mean from worst to first, nor do I believe it will guarantee we will make the playoffs.(AFC is pretty darn good)

Until Kubiak has a sub .500 season and/or 1-5 in division again and season is over, I reserve judgement. I think a great dc and new GM might be a better solution

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Yes!

Well, at the end of the day, we're pulling for a city, a logo, and a uniform. With that in mind, I feel it is more appropriate to say "I support this particular batch of laundry!"

:texanbill:

HOU-TEX
11-24-2010, 08:53 AM

Sure, he'll turn it around in the last 4 games like he always does.

You're high again

BTW, I think Kubiak will be back next season too, but not due to the CBA. It has to do with McNair holding on to suckage a year or two longer than he should.

Heck, I'm beginning to think we'll be going status quo at DC too. Do you think Kubiak has the sack to fire his buddy? I don't

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Im there with ya TK..Kubes isnt going anywhere unless the CBA worked out and they have the replacement already comitted (you guys know that happens despite rooney rule)

As I have stated until Kubiak takes steps backward and has a worse record than the year before a firing isnt warrented. I am of the opinion that a change of coaching is changing the whole franchise offense included. and in our division change is not a good thing. Each team has had a universal constant . Peyton, Fisher and Del Rio and the only team to make coaching changes the Texans and if we fire Kubiak that would be two and we would be firing a guy just for the HOPE of getting Cowher and we would push reset on this franchise again. I dont bellieve we are in a divsion that a change will mean from worst to first, nor do I believe it will guarantee we will make the playoffs.(AFC is pretty darn good)

Until Kubiak has a sub .500 season and/or 1-5 in division again and season is over, I reserve judgement. I think a great dc and new GM might be a better solution

Be patient. This team is going to finish 6-10 and probably 2-4 in the division. it will also not play any meaningful games after October per usual.

Kubiak can go screw himself for all I care. Nice and being a Texan isn't enough. Just win.

axman40
11-24-2010, 09:03 AM

You're high again

BTW, I think Kubiak will be back next season too, but not due to the CBA. It has to do with McNair holding on to suckage a year or two longer than he should.

Heck, I'm beginning to think we'll be going status quo at DC too. Do you think Kubiak has the sack to fire his buddy? I don't
He goes or you both go, no problem.
:barman:

houstonspartan
11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Loser talk.

I find it hard to believe you're a season ticket holder, to be honest. The season ticket holders I know are DONE.

drs23
11-24-2010, 10:08 AM

You're high again

No but Rick Smith has the sack to do it when McNair directs him to do so. I really believe that will be the extent of the firings. If McNair were to hire a Football Operations guru to run the show with Smith just handling contract negotiations, Kubiak running the offense and the new hard nosed DC (given the proper tools) implementing a real NFL defense, we have a winning NFL team. JMHO

97roc
11-24-2010, 10:11 AM
As long as this doesn't turn into a Minnesota situation, McNair will keep Smith/Kubiak. And no, Kubiak will not sack Bush on his own (did i say sack bush?), but McNair may force a change at DC after the season. Nothing happens to the Smithiak unless the 2011 season implodes. Depressing.

Double Barrel
11-24-2010, 10:48 AM

I agree, TK. Short of an overwhelming fan rebellion that directly relates to the bottom line of this franchise, I do not see Kubiak going anywhere in 2011. They will scapegoat Bush and buy Kubiak another year (or two) with the excuse of implementing a new defensive scheme.

It's wishful thinking on the part of the fan base that we see a proven HC in 2011 in a Texans shirt, but I just don't think McNair is that kind of owner. He has the patience of a cat.

I support this team!!

I love my country!! :patriot :texflag:

You're high again

yep. The owner's M.O. has always been to give suckage the benefit of the doubt. He hated to fire Capers, he hated to see HWWNBN go, and he will do the same with Kubiak. I am resigned to this fate as a Texans fan. It is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that our team is "that" team in the NFL now. The cellar dwellers, the perpetual bridesmaid, the pretenders who desperately want to be contenders but never are, the aquarium's sucker fish. We've become a laughing stock, but it's not funny. The emperor obviously has no clothes on, but our owner is blind at midnight in a cave. He's always the last one to "get it".

axman40
11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/Ironclad_2009/jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-.jpg

HOU-TEX
11-24-2010, 10:54 AM
I agree, TK. Short of an overwhelming fan rebellion that directly relates to the bottom line of this franchise, I do not see Kubiak going anywhere in 2011. They will scapegoat Bush and buy Kubiak another year (or two) with the excuse of implementing a new defensive scheme.

It's wishful thinking on the part of the fan base that we see a proven HC in 2011 in a Texans shirt, but I just don't think McNair is that kind of owner. He has the patience of a cat.

I love my country!! :patriot :texflag:

yep. The owner's M.O. has always been to give suckage the benefit of the doubt. He hated to fire Capers, he hated to see HWWNBN go, and he will do the same with Kubiak. I am resigned to this fate as a Texans fan. It is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that our team is "that" team in the NFL now. The cellar dwellers, the perpetual bridesmaid, the pretenders who desperately want to be contenders but never are, the aquarium's sucker fish. We've become a laughing stock, but it's not funny. The emperor obviously has no clothes on, but our owner is blind at midnight in a cave. He's always the last one to "get it".

Welp, I feel better now. :lol:

Runner
11-24-2010, 11:06 AM

No doubt they are "that team". All the fans of playoff contenders are circling the Texans on their remaining schedules and penciling in a little "w". Then they are logging into their fantasy football site to see if any of the Texans next opponent's top four or five receivers are somehow still available.

But let's be proud of our "vision" when Bob proves the rightness of our faith by choosing more losing instead of fixing what is wrong with the team. Embrace the inept; it has a bull on its helmet!

thunderkyss
11-24-2010, 11:53 AM

I try to put myself in Kubiak's situation, & think about what I would do.

First, the situation. We thought our pass coverage was week in 2009 (the stats bear that out). Glover Quin was our best corner in 2009, we didn't think Reeves was good enough to see the field unless we were in dime or someone was hurt.

Frank didn't make the decision to let Dunta walk, or cut reeves, or keep Molden. At least he didn't make those decisions by himself. If I"m Gary Kubiak, I'm thinking this is the situation I put him in.

A big reason we believed we were going to be better on defense, was the growth of Brian Cushing & Connor Barwin. A big reason we've had success on D was the play of Demeco Ryans. We haven't had all three of them on the field at the same time once this season. At one time, what we thought of as a deep LB unit was decimated by injury, we've had to bring FAs off the street to play, they actually saw time on the field, & were cut the following week to make room for a special teams player. That's a situation that Frank Bush did not create. How do I (as Gary Kubiak) think he is doing considering this situation.

Adversity & injury is part of the game. As professionals, we have to deal with them. Sunday comes around regardless what our personal situation is, regardless what our injury situation is, regardless when & if we decide we made a bad decision several months ago.

If I'm Gary Kubiak, I recognize that we have a depth issue on this team, an issue we did not adequately address during the off-season. Which is why Damien Lewis is on this team now, Mark(?) Anderson, Jason Allen....

If Frank Bush told me he was happy with Okam & that's why he stayed around so long..... maybe I would lean towards firing him. But since he didn't cause Bulman, Demeco, Wilson & Barwin to get hurt, since he didn't shot Cushing up with hCg, since he didn't make the decision to let Dunta walk or cut Reeves by himself.

I would think Frank Bush is doing a decent job with what he's got. Not a fine job, not a heck of a job, but decent enough that I wouldn't be looking to fire him at the end of the season.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I try to put myself in Kubiak's situation, & think about what I would do.

First, the situation. We thought our pass coverage was week in 2009 (the stats bear that out). Glover Quin was our best corner in 2009, we didn't think Reeves was good enough to see the field unless we were in dime or someone was hurt.

Frank didn't make the decision to let Dunta walk, or cut reeves, or keep Molden. At least he didn't make those decisions by himself. If I"m Gary Kubiak, I'm thinking this is the situation I put him in.

A big reason we believed we were going to be better on defense, was the growth of Brian Cushing & Connor Barwin. A big reason we've had success on D was the play of Demeco Ryans. We haven't had all three of them on the field at the same time once this season. At one time, what we thought of as a deep LB unit was decimated by injury, we've had to bring FAs off the street to play, they actually saw time on the field, & were cut the following week to make room for a special teams player. That's a situation that Frank Bush did not create. How do I (as Gary Kubiak) think he is doing considering this situation.

Adversity & injury is part of the game. As professionals, we have to deal with them. Sunday comes around regardless what our personal situation is, regardless what our injury situation is, regardless when & if we decide we made a bad decision several months ago.

If I'm Gary Kubiak, I recognize that we have a depth issue on this team, an issue we did not adequately address during the off-season. Which is why Damien Lewis is on this team now, Mark(?) Anderson, Jason Allen....

If Frank Bush told me he was happy with Okam & that's why he stayed around so long..... maybe I would lean towards firing him. But since he didn't cause Bulman, Demeco, Wilson & Barwin to get hurt, since he didn't make the decision to let Dunta walk or cut Reeves by himself.

I would think Frank Bush is doing a decent job with what he's got. Not a fine job, not a heck of a job, but decent enough that I wouldn't be looking to fire him at the end of the season.

tkyss, you don't think Bush has done a bad enough of a job to get fired?

ok, i am calling bullsh*t on this. no one can be that naive and stupid...especially you.

thunderkyss
11-24-2010, 12:21 PM
tkyss, you don't think Bush has done a bad enough of a job to get fired?

ok, i am calling bullsh*t on this. no one can be that naive and stupid...especially you.

That long rant was to say I bet Kubiak does not fire Bush... most likely because he feels he helped put Bush in a bad situation.

I don't know how the season will end up. I'm still hoping for 10 wins.

But I've said repeatedly, if we don't get into the play-offs, & make some noise, I don't want Kubiak here. I don't care if we get 10 wins, if we don't make the play-offs..... I don't care for Kubiak or Bush to be here.

This thread, is about how it doesn't matter what we want, doesn't matter how many "Team Gruden", "Team Cowher", "Team Childress" threads we start.

Unless they get the CBA worked out, Kubiak isn't going anywhere. If Kubiak doesn't go anywhere, Bush isn't going anywhere.

I don't care much for self loathing, self pithy, or any of that..... I'd much rather hope they turn this around & get us where we want to go.

I'm wasting my time..... I know that. My point is so are all of you..... but you don't know it.

OzzO
11-24-2010, 12:54 PM
I try to put myself in Kubiak's situation, & think about what I would do. ...

Makes sense and I see where you're coming from. However if Kubiak is thinking that and therefore waiting for the perfect storm season where it's an easy schedule, no players are injured, the rooks adapt cleanly to the playbook, the vets sign for an NFL average, and the rainbow is consistantly over Reliant and the practice fields.....

Everyone's gotta deal with it in the NFL (as you mentioned) but it's those that advance beyond the excuses that proves the leadership.

If I was to guess, unless a complete season meltdown happens (like 6 wins or less) that Kubiak and Smith are staying and we have a new defensive staff - otherwise McNair's marketing team will have some MAJOR work to do. Removing the defensive staff will appease a good amount of people and will hold others at bay just a little longer.

Anything more than that will be gravy.

drs23
11-24-2010, 03:01 PM
If Kubiak doesn't go anywhere, Bush isn't going anywhere.

I was pretty much with ya until right there. I think house gets cleaned on that side of the ball.

If I was to guess, unless a complete season meltdown happens (like 6 wins or less) that Kubiak and Smith are staying and we have a new defensive staff - otherwise McNair's marketing team will have some MAJOR work to do. Removing the defensive staff will appease a good amount of people and will hold others at bay just a little longer.

Anything more than that will be gravy.

This is more in line with what I'm thinking.

We'll see.

thunderkyss
11-24-2010, 05:07 PM
This is more in line with what I'm thinking.

We'll see.

I'm just trying to tell ya..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knO1Ip9oEg)

Big Lou
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Please don't neg rep me but, I'm OK on one level with Kubiak staying IF, Bush is fired, and his replacement is picked by Rick Smith with out any input what so ever from Kubiak. Rick should be sequestered during the process.

Also this is contengent on Kubiak calling the plays on game day. Dennison has improved the run game, and although this is the 20th time I've said this but it appears to me that Kubiak is calling the plays when a certain threshold is reached. It's literally like a switch is flipped when they are behind more than 14 points in the second half. It has to be Kubes calling the plays, its like night and day. If Dennison stays on he needs to coordinate the O, but not call the plays. I don't want to see our Offense scrapped and completely rebuilt for 3 years.

If these conditions aren't met then I want to see Cowher, Dungy, or Fisher in here. Make it happen Uncle Bob.

Rey
11-24-2010, 09:04 PM
That long rant was to say I bet Kubiak does not fire Bush... most likely because he feels he helped put Bush in a bad situation.

Do you think it's possible that Kubiak could bring in someone with more experience to be co-captain of the defense with Bush?

See, my fear is that you may be right on Kubiak and Bush staying.

If the worst case scenario comes true with both of them keeping their jobs next year, I'm hoping that they'd at least bring in some real talent, and/or bring in another 'consultant' type...

They don't seem to know what they are doing on the defensive side of the ball at all.

Texecutioner
11-24-2010, 09:43 PM

And this is exactly why I don't even think you believe anything you write in here. We're sitting here on the verge of having the worst defense in the history of the NFL and you're saying that you wouldn't be looking at firing this guy at the end of the season. Completely unbelievable.

I have no other logical choice but to believe that you write this stuff for attention in here, or that you're simply insane, because this makes no logical sense at all and I just can't fathom how anyone would say that a coach of this sort shouldn't lose his job when he's never ever had any success at all as a DC in his entire career at this position as a coach to even look back on to give him any benefit of the doubt. He hasn't even been mediocre at any point. If you're serious with this post, I just don't see how anyone could take your football IQ seriously for even one second and that's being nice about it. This goes beyond any reasonable logic.

Frank Bush shouldn't lose his job. :lol:

You must be writing this stuff just to get responses or something. No way you could believe that.

drs23
11-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Symantics here, but I agree with you. Kubiak won't fire Bush. But I'll buy the first round if McNair doesn't have Rick Smith do it. It's Bob's call, right? Like others, I've read McNair's interview (http://http://blog.houstontexans.com/2010/11/24/mcnair-chimes-in-on-texans-struggles/) and as always, he checked his tounge. We'll see how it plays out. I think the CBA will come into play here so things may not change at all. Between the lines he seemed pissed to me. I would not be surprised to see a big shake up on the D side of the ball.

We'll see.

JB
11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Do you think it's possible that Kubiak could bring in someone with more experience to be co-captain of the defense with Bush?

See, my fear is that you may be right on Kubiak and Bush staying.

If the worst case scenario comes true with both of them keeping their jobs next year, I'm hoping that they'd at least bring in some real talent, and/or bring in another 'consultant' type...

They don't seem to know what they are doing on the defensive side of the ball at all.

I think these last six games determine the future. If they don't get the job done, McNair will have to make a move. Not sure what that move will be, but I think that changes will be made. This Sunday's performance will be telling.

drs23
11-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I think these last six games determine the future. If they don't get the job done, McNair will have to make a move. Not sure what that move will be, but I think that changes will be made. This Sunday's performance will be telling.

^^^^This.

Rey
11-24-2010, 10:13 PM

See...That's what scares me...

I know I'm just a fan, but my mind is already made up. I think change is needed regardless of what happens this Sunday or in any of the games that follow. Winning some games at the end of the year when teams are resting starters or when you are pretty much out of play-off contention is soooo 2008-2009....

I understand what you're saying about this game coming up, because if they win this next game they can still technically better their record from last year. While I don't think it's all that realistic, it still remains a possibility.

But I guess you are right...gotta take in all the results before you make a decision....

Lucky
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
This Sunday's performance will be telling.
What's so special about this Sunday? After 74 games, don't we know enough about the leadership of this team?

The Texans defeat a team starting their 3rd string rookie QB, and they've "turned the corner"? How low have the standards for this team become? A win on Sunday (which I fully suspect) will be more fool's gold. This team isn't good enough, and a win against the depleted Titans won't change that.

JB
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
What's so special about this Sunday? After 74 games, don't we know enough about the leadership of this team?

The Texans defeat a team starting their 3rd string rookie QB, and they've "turned the corner"? How low have the standards for this team become? A win on Sunday (which I fully suspect) will be more fool's gold. This team isn't good enough, and a win against the depleted Titans won't change that.

I wasn't talking about the fans perception of the team. I think this Sunday will be telling as far as McNair's perception of Kubiak and Bush.

If the team comes out flat and unprepared at the start of the game, I think McNair will start having serious doubts about keeping Kubiak.

Wolf
11-25-2010, 11:38 AM
If Bush isn't gone, I will be amazed. Average opponent QB ratings so far through 10 games is 110 .. one hundred and freaking 10 (post 34) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77396&page=2)

And I hope they don't try to use the inexperience as an excuse with the secondary, that was the coaches decision. Hell,the colts started rookie CB's toward the last season last season and didn't have bob sanders and they were far from this. (I know some can say they have Dwight and crew on the front 4, but this team is too far from excuses with mario and Antonio on the D-Line)

Lucky
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
If Bush isn't gone, I will be amazed.

And I hope they don't try to use the inexperience as an excuse with the secondary, that was the coaches decision.
But was it Frank Bush's decision? Or is he playing the hand that's dealt to him? I'm not suggesting that Bush is "doing a heck of a job". Just that it seems grossly unfair to place all of the burden on Frank's shoulders.

Lucky
11-25-2010, 11:53 AM
If the team comes out flat and unprepared at the start of the game, I think McNair will start having serious doubts about keeping Kubiak.
But why should McNair's decision revolve around this game? The Texans have come out flat for most of the season. There seems to be more than enough data points to draw a conclusion. I can't see why this particular game should be considered make or break.

JB
11-25-2010, 12:00 PM
But why should McNair's decision revolve around this game? The Texans have come out flat for most of the season. There seems to be more than enough data points to draw a conclusion. I can't see why this particular game should be considered make or break.

Never said this game is make or break. I said this game will be telling as to how the rest of the season goes.

Wolf
11-25-2010, 12:06 PM
But was it Frank Bush's decision? Or is he playing the hand that's dealt to him? I'm not suggesting that Bush is "doing a heck of a job". Just that it seems grossly unfair to place all of the burden on Frank's shoulders.

IMO,My thinking is both (and add Rick Smith to it ) came to that decision. and if Kubiak made the decision without his coordinator's input and handcuffed Bush like that,then Kubiak is a crazy

there has to be something else.. Bush dumbed the defense down last year to get the players to play faster and if I recall, he stated that he simplified it again this year.

Lucky
11-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Never said this game is make or break. I said this game will be telling as to how the rest of the season goes.
I guess I see the distinction. But, you never really explained why this game will be a springboard for success.

JB
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I guess I see the distinction. But, you never really explained why this game will be a springboard for success.

More like I see it as a potential continuation of failure. If they win this week, they still have 5 more games to win to have a chance at post season.

If they lose this one, I think all will agree the season is over, and McNair will have to acknowledge that as well. His comments about his expectations have ensured that, imo.

Wolf
11-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I think they will kick ass this weekend

however the next two games, I expect the defense to get lit up. Desean Jackson (did I spell his name right?) against our secondary scares me

Lucky
11-25-2010, 01:17 PM
If they lose this one, I think all will agree the season is over, and McNair will have to acknowledge that as well. His comments about his expectations have ensured that, imo.
This game may be your tipping point. Others have reached theirs. A handful will never admit Kubiak's failures, I'm convinced.

McNair has seemed to draw a line in the sand in regards to this game. Will he take a similar stance for the Eagles game? The MNF versus the Ravens? I think it will have to become obvious that this isn't working for McNair to make a move. And I think it will be that obvious by the end of the season.

JB
11-25-2010, 01:26 PM
This game may be your tipping point. Others have reached theirs. A handful will never admit Kubiak's failures, I'm convinced.

McNair has seemed to draw a line in the sand in regards to this game. Will he take a similar stance for the Eagles game? The MNF versus the Ravens? I think it will have to become obvious that this isn't working for McNair to make a move. And I think it will be that obvious by the end of the season.

McNair's tipping point is what I was pointing at.