PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Steakhouse opens

Craig.
11-23-2010, 06:54 PM
When you pay I hear the waiter throws his apron into your lap and leaves with your credit card.

http://www.vinceyoungsteakhouse.com/

TexanExile
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
"Um, waiter, my steak is very tender and weepy. It found out that it wasn't on the menu under 'Starters.'"

Hookem Horns
11-23-2010, 07:06 PM
We went there last night. The service and waiter were awful. After waiting 1 hour to get our food it was cold so the wife and I walked out.

The waiter tried to stop us yelling "You can't walk on your bill!" ... I turned around and said "I am not walking out on the bill, I am walking out on you.". He tried to throw a roll at me but he fumbled it.

ChampionTexan
11-23-2010, 07:13 PM
We went there last night. The service and waiter were awful. After waiting 1 hour to get our food it was cold so the wife and I walked out.

The waiter tried to stop us yelling "You can't walk on your bill!" ... I turned around and said "I am not walking out on the bill, I am walking out on you.". He tried to throw a roll at me but he fumbled it.

Let me guess...but since the owner has a man-crush on you (even though your not all that good a customer), you will be welcomed back with open arms, while other steakhouses in the area get in a bidding war for the services of the soon to be unemployed waiter?

Showtime100
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM

WOW.

I saw on the news the signature steak is called "The Perfect 10" and remember thinking it must only come rare. :smiliepalm:

Dutchrudder
11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
That's odd, I would have bet money he owned a wiener factory.

Wolf
11-23-2010, 08:08 PM
pics from the restaurant. I heard there was a fly in someones soup during the night

http://media.richardcall.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Grover-the-waiter.PNG

http://img.youtube.com/vi/UsjrQxZSHrs/0.jpg

:kitten:

Wolf
11-23-2010, 08:12 PM

I heard this is a couple of pictures from the VIP room

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/vince_young_shirtless_4.jpg
http://215sports.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/vy.jpg

:joker:
:tease:

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 08:16 PM
I heard Vince was asked to leave the facility during the Grand Opening.

*aologies if someone already this angle - did not read the whole thread*

Koolaid Time
11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
He's priced higher than Morton's and Fleming's.

Steaks
Proudly Serving USDA Prime Beef
Prime New York Strip 12oz $36
Prime Bone In Rib Eye Steak 22oz $42
Prime Rib Eye Steak 16oz $38
Filet Mignon 12oz $36
Filet Mignon 8oz $30
Prime Porterhouse 22oz $45
The Perfect Ten $50
Serving Strube Ranch Wagyu Beef, Pittsburg, Texas
10oz New York Strip

Wolf
11-23-2010, 08:53 PM
damn

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
He's priced higher than Morton's and Fleming's.

Steaks
Proudly Serving USDA Prime Beef
Prime New York Strip 12oz $36
Prime Bone In Rib Eye Steak 22oz $42
Prime Rib Eye Steak 16oz $38
Filet Mignon 12oz $36
Filet Mignon 8oz $30
Prime Porterhouse 22oz $45
The Perfect Ten $50
Serving Strube Ranch Wagyu Beef, Pittsburg, Texas
10oz New York Strip

Hell, Sullivan's Porterhouse is 24oz. and is $40.00. Pappas Bros. Porterhouse (which is 26oz.) is $46.95...

*I judge menu/value prices based on porterhouse steaks*

FAIL!

Mr. White
11-24-2010, 09:58 AM
I've heard of prime rib and I've heard of rib-eye, but I've never seen a "prime rib eye" on a menu.

So which is it?

The one with au jus or the one you can buy yourself for sale at HEB and grill yourself?

chicagotexan2
11-24-2010, 10:07 AM
I hear they only use USDA Prime Suicidal Longhorns.

kiwitexansfan
11-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Sure its a steakhouse and not a sausage factory?

Honoring Earl 34
11-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Try VY's favorite , sweetbread .

Dan B.
11-24-2010, 01:24 PM
I've heard of prime rib and I've heard of rib-eye, but I've never seen a "prime rib eye" on a menu.

So which is it?

The one with au jus or the one you can buy yourself for sale at HEB and grill yourself?

"Prime" before the word ribeye indicates the quality of the cut. "Prime Rib" is a separate dish. The top 2% of beef in the US is graded prime. Interestingly, there is no such thing as a prime filet -- or if you get one than it is an awful filet mignon. Marbling is a primary consideration for designating beef as prime. Filet should never have any marbling.

Joe Texan
11-24-2010, 01:35 PM

I was at PAPAs steak house and the waiter brought out a rare steak to a girl who had ordered well done, LLong story short the waiter was fired the table got taken over by the manager and our $425 bill was compted, Now we protested the waiter getting fired and were told that the rules of the resturant are perfection and he dropped the ball.

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I was at PAPAs steak house and the waiter brought out a rare steak to a girl who had ordered well done, LLong story short the waiter was fired the table got taken over by the manager and our $425 bill was compted, Now we protested the waiter getting fired and were told that the rules of the resturant are perfection and he dropped the ball.

The girl should've been fired for ordering a steak well done! Did she ask for A-1, too??

If so, WHY THE HELL WERE YOU HANGING OUT WITH MY EX???!?!? :foottap:

Dan B.
11-24-2010, 01:44 PM

That's a pretty basic (and expensive) screw up, and that's definitely the kind of thing you can get fired for at a fine dining restaurant. You have to bring people what they ordered.

Still, Pappa's has the most exacting standards I've ever seen. I knew someone who made it to her last day of training there, but dropped a single drop of wine on the guest's table cloth as she poured a glass of wine. She was sent back to Day 1. She then turned the label of a bottle away from the guest while opening it on another training shift and was let go for those two mistakes.

Showtime100
11-24-2010, 01:50 PM

I wonder if the waiter stormed out but not before throwing his/her order pad and half his uniform into the customers. :thinking:

Craig.
11-24-2010, 11:00 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/socialclimbing/2010/11/vince_young_tackles_steaks.html

The executive Chef is married Mattress Mack's daughter. Say hello to Lampshade Laura.

http://blogs.chron.com/socialclimbing/LADD9610_high_res.jpg

Koolaid Time
11-25-2010, 10:14 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/socialclimbing/2010/11/vince_young_tackles_steaks.html

The executive Chef is married Mattress Mack's daughter. Say hello to Lampshade Laura.

Ahhh... another place for Mac to "Launder" some money.

wagonhed
11-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I really thought this was a joke, even when I saw the website.

wagonhed
11-25-2010, 05:22 PM
That's a pretty basic (and expensive) screw up, and that's definitely the kind of thing you can get fired for at a fine dining restaurant. You have to bring people what they ordered.

Still, Pappa's has the most exacting standards I've ever seen. I knew someone who made it to her last day of training there, but dropped a single drop of wine on the guest's table cloth as she poured a glass of wine. She was sent back to Day 1. She then turned the label of a bottle away from the guest while opening it on another training shift and was let go for those two mistakes.
I despise restaraunts like this and I despise people who go there. I despise everything about it!

We went to a place like this on the Riverwalk after my Mom's wedding and I refused to get a steak (the cheapest one was $40 even though I wasn't paying, obviously. I ordered fries and a margarita.

It's utterly disgusting that there are places like this while people, anywhere, go hungry.

JB
11-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I despise restaraunts like this and I despise people who go there. I despise everything about it!

A comment like this show you to be a pretty despicable being...imo.

houstonspartan
11-25-2010, 05:28 PM

We went to a place like this on the Riverwalk after my Mom's wedding and I refused to get a steak (the cheapest one was $40 even though I wasn't paying, obviously. I ordered fries and a margarita.

It's utterly disgusting that there are places like this while people, anywhere, go hungry.

Wow. I don't think there's anything wrong with an occassional splurge on a nice meal, if you can afford it. I don't think most people go there every night, but, on a birthday, anniversary or wedding, I don't see the harm in a nice meal.

The key is being able to appreciate the fact that you can afford an occasional nice meal and that, as you pointed out, not every one can.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 06:27 PM
*makes it a point to go out for a $45.00 steak this weekend*

Wolf
11-25-2010, 06:33 PM

hmm I thought treasures was a bit cheaper than that, unless you are counting a tip in with it (but I know what you were getting at) LOL

:runaway:

FirstTexansFan
11-25-2010, 06:33 PM

Godbless the rich, the poor can beg, they're used to it :)

Showtime100
11-25-2010, 06:41 PM
hmm I thought treasures was a bit cheaper than that, unless you are counting a tip in with it (but I know what you were getting at) LOL

Lol, yep, by "$45.00 steak" he means $5.00 steak with a $40.00 lap dance. :D

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 09:07 PM

A few doors down from Treasures is the Capital Grille and Pappas Steakhouse.. NICE!!! and how convenient?? :D

BeerTastesLikeVictory
11-25-2010, 09:31 PM
I ordered fries and a margarita.

If you feel that strong about it, maybe you should have not gone for the margarita since alcohol is not a necessary dietary staple to survive and donated the extra money to Unicef.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 09:33 PM
If you feel that strong about it, maybe you should have not gone for the margarita since alcohol is not a necessary dietary staple to survive and donated the extra money to Unicef.

:lol: Repped!!!!

gary
11-25-2010, 09:45 PM
There some who deserve a nice meal and every once in awhile like to spend for a great meal zero wrong with that please.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 09:58 PM
There some who deserve a nice meal and every once in awhile like to spend for a great meal zero wrong with that please.

You tell 'em SuperGary!!!!!!

gary
11-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't understand this idea that just because some do not spend that much does not mean you should. That is just nuts IMO. May I say crazy?

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I don't understand this idea that just because some do not spend that much does not mean you should. That is just nuts IMO. May I say crazy?

Some of us work our asses off so that we can afford a nice meal once in awhile. Some of us save money, so that we can afford a nice meal once in awhile..... Some of us, because we do these things, are still very generous and charitable and never back away from fund raising or participation in charitable events. You know that about me, no?? ;)

I don't get it either, my little brother.

gary
11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I know. What can I say?

houstonspartan
11-25-2010, 10:32 PM
I know. What can I say?

Co-sign for you and Texan Bill. Splurging on a nice meal every now and then and giving to charity are not mutually exclusive.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Co-sign for you and Texan Bill. Splurging on a nice meal every now and then and giving to charity are not mutually exclusive.

Repped!!!

gary
11-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Repped!!!
Spread some around TB. LOL

Showtime100
11-25-2010, 10:42 PM

That's why it's called Thanksgiving. A time to give thanks for our good fortune and freedom, whatever that means for each of us.

I post this knowing full well that one day I could be one of those people that don't know where their next meal is coming from. No, I don't go to many places that have huge prices because I really should only do that on special occasions due to my perpetual list of other things to spend my money on. But I am thankful this is a country that allows me to be in a position to make certain choices.

Holy crap, sorry for that. /end speech/

I'm going to drink now, I've been sober all day.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Spread some around TB. LOL

Repped!!!!

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 10:54 PM
That's why it's called Thanksgiving. A time to give thanks for our good fortune and freedom, whatever that means for each of us.

I post this knowing full well that one day I could be one of those people that don't know where their next meal is coming from. No, I don't go to many places that have huge prices because I really should only do that on special occasions due to my perpetual list of other things to spend my money on. But I am thankful this is a country that allows me to be in a position to make certain choices.

Holy crap, sorry for that. /end speech/

I'm going to drink now, I've been sober all day.

No worries bro!! You're money!!! Rep, if I could....

Freakin' asshats!!!

gary
11-25-2010, 11:04 PM
No worries bro!! You're money!!! Rep, if I could....

Freakin' asshats!!!
Taken care brother.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Taken care brother.

You know.... You, Your Mom, your Aunt know.... whatever y'all need, i will either contribute or take care of it..... BTW cash the check..... It's in YOUR name. You're of of age now!!!!!!

I wanna take you, Mom, and Auntie out for $35 to $45 steaks, now!!! Y'all wanna meet up at Pappas???

Thorn
11-25-2010, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't be seen in public in Vince Young's sausage house. And if I want to eat good meat and pay high prices, I'd rather go to Fogo De Chao anyway. That way I can have some beef, chicken, sausage, ribs and all kinds of gluttony shall ensue.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 11:30 PM
T................ Fogo De Chao ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

gary
11-25-2010, 11:31 PM
You know.... You, Your Mom, your Aunt know.... whatever y'all need, i will either contribute or take care of it..... BTW cash the check..... It's in YOUR name. You're of of age now!!!!!!

I wanna take you, Mom, and Auntie out for $35 to $45 steaks, now!!! Y'all wanna meet up at Pappas???I don't have a ride to the bank or I should say mom won't let me. Call her if you really want to meet up or e-mail her school is out in a few weeks and I'll have more time then just let me know man.

PapaL
11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Are sharp objects allowed in there? Vince Young suicide doors.

Heath Shuler
11-26-2010, 05:52 PM

One of the single most important human achievements of all time; you are like Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King and that Chinese tank guy all rolled into one; revolutionary stuff.

Pollardized
11-26-2010, 06:19 PM
TB, you can take me for a steak, and I'll even answer to "Gary" if you want...

gary
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll just answer to Pollardized if you want Bill.

FirstTexansFan
11-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I'll answer to Bill's B*tch if it'll get me a steak :)

gary
11-26-2010, 06:33 PM
I'll answer to Bill's B*tch if it'll get me a steak :)
That is just wrong. LOL.

FirstTexansFan
11-26-2010, 06:35 PM
I know Gary, I should know better :) My apologies young man if I offended... but don't get in my way of a good steak :)

gary
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I know Gary, I should know better :) My apologies young man if I offended... but don't get in my way of a good steak :)
I am just messing with ya.

Koolaid Time
11-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Heartbreakers on I-45 in Dickinson used to have a hell of a good KC Strip to go along with the scenery.

GP
11-26-2010, 10:16 PM

I despise you, because you drive a vehicle when others don't have one.

I also despise you because you have constant unlimited access to a clean water supply when others do not.

And i really despise you because you have a house/apartment (built safely due to building codes) and watch TV and post on the message board when some people huddle in a cave and share body heat to make it through the night.

Except I really don't "despise" you because I can't fault you for having things others do not. It's not your fault.

Ease up on the whole "despising" stuff. Your human too.

Texan4Ever
11-26-2010, 10:58 PM
I hope Vince's restaurant is a success. Hope he decides to donate a few $$$$ towards scholarships at his alma mater considering the fact that UT is stingy with scholarship.

burro
11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Wowwwww. My hometown just epic failed....big time...

ziggy29
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I hope Vince's restaurant is a success. Hope he decides to donate a few $$$$ towards scholarships at his alma mater considering the fact that UT is stingy with scholarship.

Yeah, especially since Longhorns Incorporated is so desperately strapped for cash...

BigBull17
11-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I heard this is a couple of pictures from the VIP room

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/vince_young_shirtless_4.jpg
http://215sports.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/vy.jpg

:joker:
:tease:

The guy in the first picture is totally eye ****ing VY. Never noticed that?

Double Barrel
11-30-2010, 12:12 PM
The biggest problem with the Vince Young Steakhouse is that everything on the menu melts down under very low heat.

Showtime100
11-30-2010, 07:01 PM

Lol! That might be the first time I've seen that particular pic and I thought the same thing.

JB
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM

Lol! That might be the first time I've seen that particular pic and I thought the same thing.

Really? You guys checking it out that hard? Ewww!

Texan_Bill
11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
The biggest problem with the Vince Young Steakhouse is that everything on the menu melts down under very low heat.

:spit: Literally a snot rocket!!!

Texan_Bill
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Really? You guys checking it out that hard? Ewww!

Don't act like you don't notice "flamers"! They kinda stand out.

*not that there's anything wrong with that*

Joe Texan
11-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Yea Pappas Steak House is the best of the best

And Bill this young lady was a waitress at a fine establishment of a different sort so I am not sure all here rubiks were cubed if you know what I mean

Doppelganger
11-30-2010, 09:47 PM
I figure people may go initially for the name, but will return if the food is good. The athlete's name brings them in, but the food will make them return, or choose not to.

JB
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
I figure people may go initially for the name, but will return if the food is good. The athlete's name brings them in, but the food will make them return, or choose not to.

Been to Austin much? VY's name will feed 4 family's for a week with each utterage.