PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss ".."Wht have I gotten myself into HERE..ths place is crazy"

Hookem Horns
11-23-2010, 10:35 AM
http://twitter.com/MikeHillESPN/status/6472060012339200

LOL, welcome to Budville Randy! He should have behaved in New England. Instead he gets shipped off to a full blown circus tour. First stop Minnesota, second stop Budville.

Malloy
11-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Aw... poor Randy :)

Dutchrudder
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Just wait till the Broncos claim him on his next trip to the waiver wire. Then his NFL episode of the Twilight Zone will be complete.

Ole Miss Texan
11-23-2010, 10:40 AM
That's what you get when you put $ before :trophy:

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Moss Meltdown v.3 in 5...4...3...2...1...

GP
11-23-2010, 10:53 AM
http://twitter.com/MikeHillESPN/status/6472060012339200

LOL, welcome to Budville Randy! He should have behaved in New England. Instead he gets shipped off to a full blown circus tour. First stop Minnesota, second stop Budville.

You know, as bad as our season has been...as much as I feel rotten about our losses...and as much as the team and its coaches are putting up a stinker when they shouldn't be...

AT LEAST we have the Titans and Vince Young who are making our selection of Mario Williams over VY look like the best decision EVER. Many analysts were sure that VY would have made us instant Super Bowl champs, and now we have VY flipping out so much that nobody is going to give the guy another chance.

Even if he gets it together somehow, he's going to crater AGAIN. It's built into him. It's who he is. There's a reason we bombed the wonderlic test at the combine. And it's not because he didn't study enough. It's because he's shallow and immature and incapable of rational thought and expression.

He's a nut bar. Period.

And we get to watch this all go down. It's a nice consolation prize.

Hookem Horns
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Many analysts were sure that VY would have made us instant Super Bowl champs,

What analysts? The ones over at Shabby Bevo? Most real NFL analysts were saying the VY was a project that would take time to develop if ever. One thing I don't think they had in the equation was his immaturity. Also I don't think many knew he was nuts on top of that.

Showtime100
11-23-2010, 11:45 AM
It's funny seeing this reaction from Moss. I guess the circus looks a little crazier from the stands than it does from his usual perspective.

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
You guys are going to meltdown after 6th Rnd rookie Rusty Smith connects to Moss for his 1st NFL TD!

Book it.

TexansSeminole
11-23-2010, 11:55 AM
You guys are going to meltdown after 6th Rnd rookie Rusty Smith connects to Moss for his 1st NFL TD!

Book it.

I have no doubt that Rusty Smith will have a good day against our Texans defense.

Showtime100
11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
I have no doubt that Rusty Smith will have a good day against our Texans defense.

.....but as long as Andre gets him some Titans secondary it won't help the Teets enough.

I hate the Texans. Hard to talk smack when those sumbitches couldn't close an umbrella.

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 12:05 PM

I'm expecting Foster to gain 350 yards and get 7 TD's. We couldn't stop a runny nose right now.

TexansSeminole
11-23-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm expecting Foster to gain 350 yards and get 7 TD's. We couldn't stop a runny nose right now.

We may not even try to run him. You really never know with this team.

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Book it.

I'm going to golf clap. :clap: Rusty's first TD and the historical Moss-catching-his-third-TD-with-three-different-teams-in-one-season...I'm giddy with anticipation.

Opposing teams making history at Reliant seems to be our franchise's calling card, sort of our gift to the rest of the NFL for bestowing us with the honor of having a team again.

houstonspartan
11-23-2010, 01:00 PM
You know, as bad as our season has been...as much as I feel rotten about our losses...and as much as the team and its coaches are putting up a stinker when they shouldn't be...

AT LEAST we have the Titans and Vince Young who are making our selection of Mario Williams over VY look like the best decision EVER. Many analysts were sure that VY would have made us instant Super Bowl champs, and now we have VY flipping out so much that nobody is going to give the guy another chance.

Even if he gets it together somehow, he's going to crater AGAIN. It's built into him. It's who he is. There's a reason we bombed the wonderlic test at the combine. And it's not because he didn't study enough. It's because he's shallow and immature and incapable of rational thought and expression.

He's a nut bar. Period.

And we get to watch this all go down. It's a nice consolation prize.

Thing is, a lot of Texans fans slammed the team for giving David Carr one more year. (I didn't. I wanted to see what a new coach would do). The thinking was, we were set at qb - for the time being - and that maybe a new coach could fix him. I had no problem with that.

The people who say we should not have given David Carr one more year are often the same people who are now saying we're glad we didn't take Vince Young. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If we hadn't given Carr one more year, we would have needed a qb, and would have more than likely taken Vince.

We made a decision that we thought was best at the time: Give Carr another shot. It didn't work out. I'm tired of hearing McNair being slammed for that extra Carr year, because I think it's a moot point. Should we have canned him and brought in Vince?

Anyway, this is all in the past. Everything happens for a reason. I'm fine with our qb situation.

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 01:34 PM
We may not even try to run him. You really never know with this team.

I'm going to golf clap. :clap: Rusty's first TD and the historical Moss-catching-his-third-TD-with-three-different-teams-in-one-season...I'm giddy with anticipation.

Opposing teams making history at Reliant seems to be our franchise's calling card, sort of our gift to the rest of the NFL for bestowing us with the honor of having a team again.

Dang you guys are down.

It's taken the Titans a few weeks longer to get me to feeling the same way.

When you know you suck you can start to laugh about it.

When your team gives you expectations of greatness before hitting the self destruct button it's harder to come to terms with.

Zero chance the Titans beat the Texans this week. Have you seen us play lately?

Mailman
11-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Pretty pretty pretty sure that this is Mike Hill trying to make a twitter funny and not something that actually happened.

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Thing is, a lot of Texans fans slammed the team for giving David Carr one more year. (I didn't. I wanted to see what a new coach would do). The thinking was, we were set at qb - for the time being - and that maybe a new coach could fix him. I had no problem with that.

The people who say we should not have given David Carr one more year are often the same people who are now saying we're glad we didn't take Vince Young. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If we hadn't given Carr one more year, we would have needed a qb, and would have more than likely taken Vince.

We made a decision that we thought was best at the time: Give Carr another shot. It didn't work out. I'm tired of hearing McNair being slammed for that extra Carr year, because I think it's a moot point. Should we have canned him and brought in Vince?

Anyway, this is all in the past. Everything happens for a reason. I'm fine with our qb situation.

That's just not true, man. Lots of folks saw HWWNBN for what he was before and during 2-14.

And just because a person did not like HWWNBN does not automatically mean that they supported VY. I did not want HWWNBN for another year and wanted the Texans to draft D'Brick or Hawk. But, I'm a fan of defense, and I've seen teams win championships with scrub QBs and stellar D's, so my perspective is obviously not the norm. I'm not denying that your point is valid, just that it's not as black and white generalities as you seem to imply.

People slam McNair for the HWWNBN because he was an owner impacting football operations based upon misguided loyalty (and perhaps a man crush). He was interviewing HC candidates with the loaded question about HWWNBN. McNair screwed the pooch with that decision and the subsequent contract extension, and this is perhaps why Gary has a little bit longer rope than any of us want him to have. Perhaps McNair considers 2006 to be somewhat of a mulligan for Kubiak. Who knows.

Dang you guys are down.

It's taken the Titans a few weeks longer to get me to feeling the same way.

When you know you suck you can start to laugh about it.

When your team gives you expectations of greatness before hitting the self destruct button it's harder to come to terms with.

Zero chance the Titans beat the Texans this week. Have you seen us play lately?

If I don't laugh at the situation, I will cry. We are a Charlie Brown fan base playing Lucyball, renewing our sense of hope and optimism annually only to have the Thanksgiving tradition not of turkey and dressing, but of a Texans meltdown. You can smell it in the air!

drewmar74
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
This has got to be the most unusual Texans vs. Titans thread I've ever read.

Titan fan - We suck.
Texan fan - We suck more.
Titan fan - No no no. Look I'm telling you - we definitely suck more.
Texan fan - Are you kidding me? We're awful.

It's bizarro texan talk....

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/763310-bizarro_1_super.jpg

toronto
11-23-2010, 02:22 PM

Titan fan - We suck.

I know, its the least amount of buildup to our game ever.We both know our seasons are cooked, that major changes (HC, QB etc) are coming. Sad when you hit Nov 23rd and your hopes have been destroyed. May the less cursed team win on Sunday?

Showtime100
11-23-2010, 02:25 PM
For my part I can't talk the talk because the Texans ain't walking shit. Earlier in this thread I tried, but I can't sell a product I currently don't believe in.

drewmar74
11-23-2010, 02:40 PM
For my part I can't talk the talk because the Texans ain't walking shit. Earlier in this thread I tried, but I can't sell a product I currently don't believe in.

Oh, I agree 100%.

It's still just a really bizarre thread. Especially given that hopes were reasonably high for both clubs in the offseason.

GP
11-23-2010, 02:45 PM
What analysts? The ones over at Shabby Bevo? Most real NFL analysts were saying the VY was a project that would take time to develop if ever. One thing I don't think they had in the equation was his immaturity. Also I don't think many knew he was nuts on top of that.

ESPN and its goons were the apparent ring leaders, then you had some NFLN guys riding Bush and Young's jocks.

The mantra was this: "You just passed on the QB who single-handedly won the NCAA championship? AND you also passed on the Heisman winning running back who is electricity in human form? Houston, you just passed on two superstar, elite weapons on offense...for Mario Williams who plays where? Who IS Mario Williams anyways?"

Isn't that the sort of bilge that every sports outlet in the nation, and maybe in Tibet and Bangladesh, as well, was spouting off the day of the draft?

I guess I don't have the same type of TV as you do. My TV had "Houston, you guys are a laughing stock for passing on either of those two guys" blaring on it for about a full year after the draft.

It was like napalm. You couldn't escape it. Even the commercials for various products were riding those two guys' jocks, capitalizing off of everyone in the sports media realm who had deemed it a HUGE mistake by the Texans.

That's why this is all so delicious. But I don't think the media will cover it too much, because it will make viewers think "Wait a second, didn't these guys poke fun at Houston for passing on him? Hmmm...."

With the sports media realm, especially ESPN, they are just as into their public image as McNair is. So they won't do too much coverage and commentary on VY. It would hurt the brand.

Norg
11-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I hope Mario or cushing sacks the dog shit outta Rusty putting him on IR then we do the same to SImms thus who is your QB then ?????? MUHAHAHAH

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 11:36 PM
How quickly y'all forget. Randy is just a good old boy!!

Just Good ole boys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrL6PqJjvBQ)

Koolaid Time
11-24-2010, 03:20 AM
ESPN and its goons were the apparent ring leaders, then you had some NFLN guys riding Bush and Young's jocks.

The mantra was this: "You just passed on the QB who single-handedly won the NCAA championship? AND you also passed on the Heisman winning running back who is electricity in human form? Houston, you just passed on two superstar, elite weapons on offense...for Mario Williams who plays where? Who IS Mario Williams anyways?"

Isn't that the sort of bilge that every sports outlet in the nation, and maybe in Tibet and Bangladesh, as well, was spouting off the day of the draft?

I guess I don't have the same type of TV as you do. My TV had "Houston, you guys are a laughing stock for passing on either of those two guys" blaring on it for about a full year after the draft.

It was like napalm. You couldn't escape it. Even the commercials for various products were riding those two guys' jocks, capitalizing off of everyone in the sports media realm who had deemed it a HUGE mistake by the Texans.

That's why this is all so delicious. But I don't think the media will cover it too much, because it will make viewers think "Wait a second, didn't these guys poke fun at Houston for passing on him? Hmmm...."

With the sports media realm, especially ESPN, they are just as into their public image as McNair is. So they won't do too much coverage and commentary on VY. It would hurt the brand.

Lets see, pass on a running back that had already visited with NFL Security over his illegal "Agent" that had connections to Organized Crime and pass on a quarterback that scored a 6 on the Wonderlic and was already exhibiting symptoms of mental health issues..

As Paul Harvey used to say "now you know the rest of the story."

OzzO
11-24-2010, 01:08 PM

Titan fan - We suck.

You think so? I see it as the most smack talk that can be mustered up every year, toward mid to end season, usually starting in November. Nothing new with the past leadership / team effort, nothing new with the current.

texanhead08
11-24-2010, 02:53 PM
I hope Mario or cushing sacks the dog shit outta Rusty putting him on IR then we do the same to SImms thus who is your QB then ?????? MUHAHAHAH

That sounds like that old Oiler-Steeler game in the 1970's where Tony Dungy was playing QB in the 4th quarter.

Thorn
11-26-2010, 07:23 AM

Titan fan - We suck.

Yeah, it is a tad unreal, but given the situation, I'm not surprised. Right now these two teams are hitting some lows. Frankly I laugh at the Titans, but you can't help while laughing being just a tad pissed at having to laugh and point at the Texans for being such chumps as well.

Lucky
11-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Most real NFL analysts were saying the VY was a project that would take time to develop if ever. One thing I don't think they had in the equation was his immaturity. Also I don't think many knew he was nuts on top of that.
That has surprised me. My qualms with Young were based on his inability to see the field and deliver the football. I would have given him high marks for leadership and intangibles.

Randy Moss unhappy? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

Hervoyel
11-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Titan fan - We suck.

Doesn't this entire thread belong in the "Smack Talk Yourself Forum"?

ChildressTitanMan
11-27-2010, 07:34 PM
I just realised that the Jags lead the division.

We are in a world of shit right now.

gwallaia
11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
You could tell by watching Randy Moss today that he did not want to be there playing for the Titans. He barely even showed up.

I bet Moss never would have guessed as the season began that he would be catching balls from someone named Rusty Smith.

eriadoc
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
How bad a player are you when the Texans secondary holds you to two catches for 23 yards? Or intercepts you three times and holds you to 138 yards? That's just awful.

dtran04
11-28-2010, 09:22 PM
He's probably trying to get cut again so that he can finally go back to the Patriots.

Nawzer
11-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I forgot that Randy Moss plays for the Titans because it sure didn't look like he out there. That one pass towards the end of the game which was kind of high, he didn't even try on that one. He looks like he's ready for the offseason.

SheTexan
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I bet he would have loved to back up AJ today, esp in that fight with Finnegan! :aggressive:

Fred
11-28-2010, 10:21 PM
How bad a player are you when the Texans secondary holds you to two catches for 23 yards? Or intercepts you three times and holds you to 138 yards? That's just awful.
Whoa! Wait a minute! Randy's real value is like Reggie's - he's a decoy. All the national talk has been that Randy Moss deserves the credit for Chris Johnson's big numbers. So - add 5 yards rushing on 7 carries to Randy's credit. Heck, even give him credit for the 2 yards receiving Johnson made on his 2 catches.

Norg
11-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Ive lost alot of respect for MOss if u dont give 100% out there then why even been on the field why even play the game just hang up teh cleats if your not going to give it your all

i know its not the same but on some of my online games i give 1ooo percent intill the game clock hits zero alot of people quit for various reasons its funny but ive one some games sometimes even when its like a 4 on 2 or 8vs4

BigBull17
11-30-2010, 11:19 AM

The main thing that has hurt him, IMO, is nobody ever corrected him or really criticized him until he was in the NFL. He was the Golden Boy and that can be very bad for you. Even great athletes have to be humbled at least once.