View Full Version : Team Childress

gg no re
11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Let's make it happen.

http://tomofthailand.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/chillywilly.jpg

HTown2ATX
11-22-2010, 10:55 PM
:lol:

Just the title made me almost spit my beer out my nose laughing.

He's probably working at the GAP again right now with that small earpiece he used to wear on the sidelines like he was one of those guys that works there walking around with his little headset.

(To keep my man card I will stipulate....once upon a time I was married, so GAP was just one of the many, mannnnnnnyyyyy stores I had to endure now and then...)

Brisco_County
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
No thanks. I have this vision of Childress wearing a trenchcoat and prowling local parks in a van.

Probably a nice guy, but that's just his look.

m5kwatts
11-23-2010, 12:06 AM
I'll take him as the offensive coordinator under a real head coach.

mattieuk
11-23-2010, 12:08 AM
Hmm. That is an interesting proposition.

So this is Childress who had a beast of a running back (well, beast of a one two punch!). An all-pro receiver come in and out the door in a month. A defensive line that would match almost any other in the league. And he didn't win a Superbowl?

What is he going to do with no defense and the rest of our issues? No thanks, I'll pass.

TheMatrix31
11-23-2010, 12:30 AM
So wait, you want to get rid of Gary Kubiak and get BRAD CHILDRESS?!

REALLY.

BigBull17
11-23-2010, 01:04 AM
No thanks. I have this vision of Childress wearing a trenchcoat and prowling local parks in a van.

Probably a nice guy, but that's just his look.

He does have a little pedophile look doesn't he? Wonder if they give out little white van replicas at the stadium...

Back on topic, no way. At least the team hasn't quit on Kubiak. The Vikings completely fell apart.

wagonhed
11-23-2010, 01:04 AM
I"m down for this fo sho

edit: that was supposed to be all capitals

VTexan
11-23-2010, 02:08 AM
this guy trolled some texans fans hard

Corrosion
11-23-2010, 03:07 AM
No freaking way ..... absolutely NOT.

TEXANJAK
11-23-2010, 05:18 AM
no way.not him

TexanExile
11-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Oh, sure. I can see Arian Foster really liking THAT personality in charge.

No.

Seņor Stan
11-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Everyone needs to synchronize their sarcasm meters in ....3....2....1

TimeKiller
11-23-2010, 07:40 AM
:vomit:

El Tejano
11-23-2010, 07:59 AM
For all you Kubiak haters, this is the risk you are going to take if you get rid of Kubiak. We have an owner that doesn't like to spend money on big names but instead gambles and throws big money at people that aren't worth it. This has been evident through our drafts, FA signings, and even coordinator signings.

Something tells me that if we let Kubiak go, this will be the guy we go after. Especially since we've already interviewed him before. This will lead to more horrible seasons. I don't want this guy, which means we bring him in and hire him right away.

FirstTexansFan
11-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Brad? Nope! Ray? I think he'd make a good defensive line coach :)

GuerillaBlack
11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
For all you Kubiak haters, this is the risk you are going to take if you get rid of Kubiak. We have an owner that doesn't like to spend money on big names but instead gambles and throws big money at people that aren't worth it. This has been evident through our drafts, FA signings, and even coordinator signings.

Something tells me that if we let Kubiak go, this will be the guy we go after. Especially since we've already interviewed him before. This will lead to more horrible seasons. I don't want this guy, which means we bring him in and hire him right away.

LOL, I love this. I like the chances of getting a new coach like Cowher, or even Rob Ryan instead of sticking with Kubiak.

drewmar74
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM

:panic:

mattieuk
11-23-2010, 10:17 AM
this guy trolled some texans fans hard

With some of the rubbish posted on this board recently, it is getting hard to tell!

:confused:

El Tejano
11-23-2010, 10:21 AM
LOL, I love this. I like the chances of getting a new coach like Cowher, or even Rob Ryan instead of sticking with Kubiak.

Me too. Count me in with the people who want Kubiak gone but I also have to remind myself of what this front office has done before and that's whatever is more affordable. They've never done anything that was headline attention grabbing or anything that would make the NFL feel our team was a nice marketable team. Instead they've gone with status quo coaching, and status quo players. Have they done anything to make you think that all of a sudden they are going to do anything different than that?

Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, are all coaches who have taken their teams to the promise land. Childress is a guy who has choked.

Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, are all coaches that many teams will be clamoring for come February. Childress will still be looking for a HC job or will have to settle for a coordinator job.

What does this mean? Childress will be the more affordable coach in an offseason that still has no guarantee of a next season. That right there spells us going after him vs. any of the top 3 I mentioned earlier. If that's the way our FO is going to handle our "vacant" coaching position, and they haven't done anything to make me think otherwise, then I'd rather stay with Kubiak and let him get a DC. Meanwhile we can see the Panthers take on Cowher and go to the Super Bowl in two years.

GuerillaBlack
11-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Me too. Count me in with the people who want Kubiak gone but I also have to remind myself of what this front office has done before and that's whatever is more affordable. They've never done anything that was headline attention grabbing or anything that would make the NFL feel our team was a nice marketable team. Instead they've gone with status quo coaching, and status quo players. Have they done anything to make you think that all of a sudden they are going to do anything different than that?

Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, are all coaches who have taken their teams to the promise land. Childress is a guy who has choked.

Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, are all coaches that many teams will be clamoring for come February. Childress will still be looking for a HC job or will have to settle for a coordinator job.

What does this mean? Childress will be the more affordable coach in an offseason that still has no guarantee of a next season. That right there spells us going after him vs. any of the top 3 I mentioned earlier. If that's the way our FO is going to handle our "vacant" coaching position, and they haven't done anything to make me think otherwise, then I'd rather stay with Kubiak and let him get a DC. Meanwhile we can see the Panthers take on Cowher and go to the Super Bowl in two years.

I don't know. If a coach like Cowher is showing interest in the Houston Texans job, you think McNair will turn a blind eye to a coach like that for someone like Childress, who players have repeatedly said they don't like?

texanhead08
11-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Childress got the Vikings to the playoffs with a bad QB.

This season his diva QB cost him his job. He is not a bad coach he is just dealing with high expectations and a QB who can't deliver anymore.

It didn't help that his 1,000yd WR has been out all year, thats why they made the Moss trade they were desperate and it ended up costing him his job.

El Tejano
11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't know. If a coach like Cowher is showing interest in the Houston Texans job, you think McNair will turn a blind eye to a coach like that for someone like Childress, who players have repeatedly said they don't like?

Didn't know Cowher has shown interest except for last year. Has there been a report that he wants to come here or something? I agree with you as far as wanting to get a coach of that calibre but my point still stands that Mcnair wont just go and get Cowher. He will figure out a way to say "Well this coach could be just as good and he will cost us alot less money."

kiwitexansfan
11-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Childress is just Kubiak with a better roster.

El Tejano
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Childress is just Kubiak with a better roster.

That's my point. That's why I said earlier that we have to be careful because if Kubiak goes, our dumb owner would go and do something stupid like get Childress and we will just have the same mess. If that's what we are going to do, might as well just get Kubiak a real DC like Phillips or even Marvin Lewis if he gets canned or someonelse.

gary
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Brad never once showed that he was encharge and not Farve on top of that his team did not like him. No thanks.

DexmanC
11-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Anybody see Ray Childress' commercial on the Spanish stations?

He pronounced the word "ciudad" as "see-you-DODD."

Oh, you're talking about his snot-nosed brother, Brad.

Dutchrudder
11-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't mind Chilly coming is as a defensive consultant. We could use some help there and he has had a successful 4-3 defense in the past.

JB
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't mind Chilly coming is as a defensive consultant. We could use some help there and he has had a successful 4-3 defense in the past.

Childress was OC with the Eagles. And about the only credit he can take for his job there was working with McNabb. Reid called all the plays.

ThaShark316
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM

He doesn't know **** about defense...

FirstTexansFan
11-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Anybody see Ray Childress' commercial on the Spanish stations?

He pronounced the word "ciudad" as "see-you-DODD."

Oh, you're talking about his snot-nosed brother, Brad.

Geez Dex, any Aggie knows "see-you-DODD" is spanish for "city" :)

gg no re
11-23-2010, 07:35 PM
oh you guys :(

http://www.cartoonscrapbook.com/01pics-L/chilly-willy_L84.jpg