PDA

View Full Version : VY placed on IR ... However Bud insists that he isn't going anywhere ...

Hookem Horns
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
"They are going to have to work together. I haven't given up on Vince, and I am sure Fisher hasn't either," Adams told Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennesseean from his office in Houston. "Vince was upset and said some things he regretted after doing it, but you have to get to the bottom of it, straighten it out and move on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Could-Bud-Adams-insistence-lead-to-Jeff-Fisher-?urn=nfl-288213

OK, should a thumb injury really put him on the IR or was this a way to keep him off the field by Fisher?

If Bud insists on keeping VY I fully expect Fisher to walk.

disaacks3
11-22-2010, 06:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Could-Bud-Adams-insistence-lead-to-Jeff-Fisher-?urn=nfl-288213

OK, should a thumb injury really put him on the IR or was this a way to keep him off the field by Fisher?

If Bud insists on keeping VY I fully expect Fisher to walk.

Bogus IR...he was ready to come back into the game.

I agree Fisher SHOULD walk if Bud is going to dictate who takes the field on Sundays.

Showtime100
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
"Team Fisher" is beginning to have a certain ring to it. It'd be nice to have a coach who has it in for the Teets.

TEXANRED
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Bogus IR...he was ready to come back into the game.

I agree Fisher SHOULD walk if Bud is going to dictate who takes the field on Sundays.

Yeah, walk on over to the soon to be vacant Texans HC job.

Double Barrel
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
"Team Fisher" is beginning to have a certain ring to it. It'd be nice to have a coach who has it in for the Teets.

Sorry, bud, Kubiak ain't going anywhere and Fisher isn't niiiiiiice enough for this team.

Wolf
11-22-2010, 06:52 PM

I like Jeff Fisher.. strong defense and run the ball, IF he were to come in here, I wonder how long it would take him to revamp the offense to his liking ( or do they do that zone base blocking scheme?) or would he keep the offensive coaches in tact

Showtime100
11-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry, bud, Kubiak ain't going anywhere and Fisher isn't niiiiiiice enough for this team.

Lol, I think you're right, Lucy.

Signed,
Charlie Brown :D

Wolf
11-22-2010, 06:53 PM

yep true popped my bubble :bubbles:

disaacks3
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM

I'm no longer so sure about that. If this team finishes 7-9 or worse, I don't think Kubes will be here next year (or 2012, depending on the lockout).

Double Barrel
11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Lol, I think you're right, Lucy.

Signed,
Charlie Brown :D

For this thread and this thread only! :winky:

I'm firmly in the Charlie Brown fanbase who keeps trying to kick that damn ball every year!

I'm no longer so sure about that. If this team finishes 7-9 or worse, I don't think Kubes will be here next year (or 2012, depending on the lockout).

I'd really like to be as OPTIMISTIC as you (hehe), but honestly, I think they scapegoat Bush and sell it with a marketing blitz.

Unresolved collective bargaining agreement has McNair scared, plus that little extension Kubiak got means it's a profit loss to fire him early.

McNair probably sees the offense still being good (gold star for Kubiak) and it's all Frank's fault that the defense sucks (because Kubiak is an offensive mind).

I can see the team finishing 8-8, just good enough for McNair to justify keeping Kubiak with a new DC.

JB
11-22-2010, 07:58 PM

I'm firmly in the Charlie Brown fanbase who keeps trying to kick that damn ball every year!

I'd really like to be as OPTIMISTIC as you (hehe), but honestly, I think they scapegoat Bush and sell it with a marketing blitz.

Unresolved collective bargaining agreement has McNair scared, plus that little extension Kubiak got means it's a profit loss to fire him early.

McNair probably sees the offense still being good (gold star for Kubiak) and it's all Frank's fault that the defense sucks (because Kubiak is an offensive mind).

I can see the team finishing 8-8, just good enough for McNair to justify keeping Kubiak with a new DC.

I hate to diagree with you, but I don't see us winning 4 more. We finish at 5-11 or 6-10 at best. :choke:

And I thought Matt Williamson was daft when he predicted the Texans to be at best a 6 win team...

FML! Like Thorn, I want to see a Houston football team win the SB before I die, though I know that is a slim hope.

Wolf
11-22-2010, 10:24 PM
The Tennessean reported Monday that owner Bud Adams had talked to Fisher and Young and told them to “get this thing settled” and work together. Adams said Young told him he wanted to return to the game, and the 87-year-old owner isn’t going to release the No. 3 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

“Oh, God, yeah. He is under contract. I wouldn’t want to let him go. We are going to pay him a lot of money,” Adams told the paper. Young is due to receive $8.5 million in 2011.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-young

make it rain Bud, make it rain

:lol:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2010, 10:48 PM
The Tennessean reported Monday that owner Bud Adams had talked to Fisher and Young and told them to “get this thing settled” and work together. Adams said Young told him he wanted to return to the game, and the 87-year-old owner isn’t going to release the No. 3 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

“Oh, God, yeah. He is under contract. I wouldn’t want to let him go. We are going to pay him a lot of money,” Adams told the paper. Young is due to receive $8.5 million in 2011.

:spit: Awesomeness!!!!

Texan_Bill
11-22-2010, 10:54 PM
It is a little disheartening that Blazing Arrow wasn't around to witness the chicanery and tomfoolery of Vincent, "Radio" Young.

RIP Kian!! errrr Flaming Sparrow.

JB
11-22-2010, 10:54 PM

:spit: Awesomeness!!!!

We need a toad palm for these classic fumbuck moments...

texanhead08
11-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Way to divide the team Bud. I do not miss that moron running this cities team one bit.

Wolf
11-22-2010, 11:00 PM
so bud basically said to fisher that he is number 1 in his book when it comes to the team)
(too bad vince didn't have number 11 as a jersey number and would have made the picture even better)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JKD5BZC4VY8/TKVYYfFBwpI/AAAAAAAALyg/aFucFbqG1gs/s400/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

Dutchrudder
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, what an dumbass. You don't EVER bench a hall of famer. Even Kubiak isn't that stupid, he would NEVER bench Vince...

JB
11-22-2010, 11:03 PM
so bud basically said to fisher that is is number 1 in his book when it comes to the team)
(too bad vince didn't have number 11 as a jersey number and would have made the picture even better)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JKD5BZC4VY8/TKVYYfFBwpI/AAAAAAAALyg/aFucFbqG1gs/s400/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

It's ok. We all know that Buck Fud can't count...

NitroGSXR
11-22-2010, 11:34 PM

Right. I fully expect Brad Childress to sign on...

Kill me please.

Norg
11-23-2010, 12:19 AM
i wish our owner had this much of a desire to WIN

Hookem Horns
11-23-2010, 12:35 AM
I was reading about the injury to VY. He hit his thumb on the helmet of a defender. IIRC Warren Moon suffered the same injury however was only out 3 weeks or so and obviously not put on IR.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 12:55 AM
I love my Texans fans buddies, irrespective of the story... You people are awesome!!

houstonspartan
11-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Wow, what an dumbass. You don't EVER bench a hall of famer. Even Kubiak isn't that stupid, he would NEVER bench Vince...

WTF?

Hall of Famer??

A little early, isn't it?

And, Kubiak wouldn't have drafted Vince in the first place. Our offense is too intricate and complicated, and Vince would never have the capacity to figure it out and lead the team.

GuerillaBlack
11-23-2010, 03:47 AM
WTF?

Hall of Famer??

A little early, isn't it?

And, Kubiak wouldn't have drafted Vince in the first place. Our offense is too intricate and complicated, and Vince would never have the capacity to figure it out and lead the team.

Your sarcasm meter needs to be repaired.

steelbtexan
11-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Way to divide the team Bud. I do not miss that moron running this cities team one bit.

How do you like the moron that's currently running this cities team?

steelbtexan
11-23-2010, 07:50 AM
i wish our owner had this much of a desire to WIN

Me too

Although the world would've been a better place had Bud been aborted.

And for the record I'm against abortion.

steelbtexan
11-23-2010, 07:56 AM

This is what most likely will happen.

Although I think it would be the worst thing for this franchise in the long/short term.

This organization needs change in the worst way from top to bottom. IMHO

steelbtexan
11-23-2010, 08:04 AM

I'm not a big Fisher fan.

But I could get on board with hiring Fisher if he brought Munchak and Washburn with him.

Matthews amd Munchak toughens up the OL

I would pay to be in training camp and watch OkOye cry as Washburn toughens him up. Can you imagine Washburn reaching MW the tricks of the trade.

He** Washburn has Babin playing at a near all pro level.

Somebody neg rep me and get me off the 666 crap. LOL

Lauren
11-23-2010, 09:54 AM
There are some hilarious responses on Shaggy Bevo in a thread titled "Fisher ***** Vince yet again...". Aside from nearly every single post blaming Fisher and anointing Vince as their glorious crowned one, here are some of my favorites:

Oh noes! A VY homer will be skipping the game because of this. Damn.

Well, there will be two empty club seats at Reliant next weekend.

Race card.

You got to be shitting me. Brett Favre emails pics of his junk to chicks in the front office, bitches about his coach in every national interview and press conference, and it isn't even a ****ing question who, between Favre and Childress, will get the axe. But VY is the one with the attitude problem? **** you racist assholes.

VY homer wastes $20 on hat.

**** Fisher. My titans hat is going in the trash.

I hope VY homer from quote #1 has his receipt.

I just bought bunch of new Titans gear to wear next weekend. What a fool. I wonder if in can trade it for some Browns gear?

ORLY? We hadn't noticed.

i thought it was pretty clear that most of us only care about the titans because of vince.

Could Vince be Jesus?

In Vince I trust, and I always will because he is the truth.

We gained a fan this week. Hooray.

Well ****. Go Texans (this week at least).

I do, too.

No shit. I hope they win 59-0.

Here we go.

definitely going for the texans this week and hoping the titans lose out.

gwallaia
11-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Funny stuff Lauren.

I went over there and found this gem.

hopefully fisher gets in a car wreck and dies on his way home tonight.

El Tejano
11-23-2010, 10:24 AM
There are some hilarious responses on Shaggy Bevo in a thread titled "Fisher ***** Vince yet again...". Aside from nearly every single post blaming Fisher and anointing Vince as their glorious crowned one, here are some of my favorites:

Oh noes! A VY homer will be skipping the game because of this. Damn.

Race card.

VY homer wastes $20 on hat.

I hope VY homer from quote #1 has his receipt.

ORLY? We hadn't noticed.

Could Vince be Jesus?

We gained a fan this week. Hooray.

I do, too.

Here we go.

All these quotes are hilarious however, there's something I see here. Perhaps a hindsight is 20/20 vision moment here. See, these are the kind of fans we would've inherited if we selected VY. Sure things would be great when Vince was scoring TDs but at the first sign of Vince not doing anything our fan base would look crazy stupid because we'd have these kind of guys on our message boards and not going to games.

drewmar74
11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Funny stuff Lauren.

I went over there and found this gem.

Sumbitch.

That's just wrong.

Lauren
11-23-2010, 10:30 AM
All these quotes are hilarious however, there's something I see here. Perhaps a hindsight is 20/20 vision moment here. See, these are the kind of fans we would've inherited if we selected VY. Sure things would be great when Vince was scoring TDs but at the first sign of Vince not doing anything our fan base would look crazy stupid because we'd have these kind of guys on our message boards and not going to games.
We certainly dodged a bullet in more ways than one.

Here's another that had me lauging:

VY as a Cowboy? He would undoubtedly get the love from the fans that he sorely lacked in Ten. Starting over with a new coach as well. Even have a chance to win in a QB battle with Romo.

Then there was one where one dude was telling another to go to his KKK meeting or something and the guy responded "KKK meeting canceled this week due to Thanksgiving, btw." Had me rolling, but I lost it in all 18 pages of the thread.

Hookem Horns
11-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Wow Lauren. I stopped visiting Shaggy Bevo not long after I joined because a few more weeks of that would have made an Aggie out of me. Hornfans has it's morons too however there is a decent balance over there. Plenty of fans over there see VY as he is.

houstonspartan
11-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Your sarcasm meter needs to be repaired.

lol. You are correct. My bad. It was late when I read that and posted.

Hookem Horns
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Darn you Lauren ... I couldn't resist ... more quotes from Shaggy Bevo

This.

As a Titans fan, I am sick of this s**t. I am sick of Randy Moss already and the media making it sound like we have to throw him the ********g ball. I am sick of Fisher not doing what is best for our team and trying stupid s**t. I am sick of a *******y defense. I am sick of everyone thinking Fisher has won s**t. The ********************r is great for ********g .500 football. I am sick of our *******y fans, Titans fans are the dumbest ******s in the world. Booing because we were not running Washington out of the building, they are an NFL team, they have a great coach who can make adjustments.

F this day and f this entire football season, college and pro.

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Man, the Austin representation for VY would have made the Fresno Mafia for HWWNBN look like amateurs. Yet another reason why that draft decision could not have gone any better.

I hate to diagree with you, but I don't see us winning 4 more. We finish at 5-11 or 6-10 at best. :choke:

And I thought Matt Williamson was daft when he predicted the Texans to be at best a 6 win team...

FML! Like Thorn, I want to see a Houston football team win the SB before I die, though I know that is a slim hope.

Well, my 8-8 prediction was not based on optimism, hope, or any kind of sane perspective.

It was based upon historical evidence of a roster full of mediocre scrubs realizing that the ONLY chance that they have to remain in the NFL is if one Gary Kubiak retains a head coaching position with the powder puff franchise of the NFL.

I have no doubt that a proven NFL HC would immediately release 75% of this roster based upon film study and not requiring actual practice time, and of that 75% released, I'd wager that approximately 28.182% would have a solid chance at the Detroit Lions practice squad.

Mediocre players can do astounding things for career survival. We should know... :bubbles:

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Young is mentally too fragile.

It's a real shame because he's actually been playing very well. Something just isn't right between him and Fisher though and hasn't been for a long time.

I don't think we have many options for 2011 beyond Young though.

Even if the Titans lose out and go 5-11 there may not be a potential franchise QB available for them in the draft.

FA options are limited.

Fisher's reputation is a myth. 17 seasons of mediocrity, I would love for the Texans to appoint Fisher as HC. I don't think he'll stay in Tennessee next year if Young stays too so it might happen..

Be careful what you wish for though, he sucks.

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 01:14 PM
^ Dude, you don't know mediocrity...at least not the fine example that our franchise has established for mediocrity.

In nine seasons we have one - absorb that number - just one winning season to show for it. And that's it. Nothing else to talk about, nothing else to mention, one freakin' winning season to hang our hats on.

Fisher, on the other hand, has won an AFC Championship, three division titles, six winning seasons (all six with 10 wins or better), and six trips to the playoffs. All of this while dealing with an obtuse, meddling owner and relocating the team twice in his tenure.

So be careful of what YOU wish for, because Fisher's replacement could really introduce you to true mediocrity, especially if his name is Gary Kubiak.

Dan B.
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
You guys need to work on your smack talk. This "my coach is more mediocre." "No, MINE is" stuff is not the way it's supposed to work.

That Shaggy link is hilarious btw. The ones charging racism are pretty good, but I like the ones that are claiming Fisher is the puppetmaster for a massive ESPN media conspiracy even more.

Dutchrudder
11-23-2010, 01:38 PM
^ Dude, you don't know mediocrity...at least not the fine example that our franchise has established for mediocrity.

In nine seasons we have one - absorb that number - just one winning season to show for it. And that's it. Nothing else to talk about, nothing else to mention, one freakin' winning season to hang our hats on.

Fisher, on the other hand, has won an AFC Championship, three division titles, six winning seasons (all six with 10 wins or better), and six trips to the playoffs. All of this while dealing with an obtuse, meddling owner and relocating the team twice in his tenure.

So be careful of what YOU wish for, because Fisher's replacement could really introduce you to true mediocrity, especially if his name is Gary Kubiak.

I wished for mediocre teams a long time ago because I HATE parades. I just can't stand them, and if I ever see one going down Memorial I just might have to move back to Cleveland where I know I'll be safe from them....

Dutchrudder
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
You guys need to work on your smack talk. This "my coach is more mediocre." "No, MINE is" stuff is not the way it's supposed to work.

That Shaggy link is hilarious btw. The ones charging racism are pretty good, but I like the ones that are claiming Fisher is the puppetmaster for a massive ESPN media conspiracy even more.

Well, Rush Limbaugh once said that about Andy Reid and McNabb. That's an odd suspicioin for Longhorns to have in common with Rush...

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM

lol!! lol:

I long ago realized the futility of talking smack on behalf of a perpetual mediocre franchise. Although I have indulged with my fair share of smackage for our beleaguered team, I have felt somewhat of a hybrid entity between a doofus and a moron, and indulged simply to keep my skills sharp for the eventual 2022 season when our hapless franchise makes history with it's first trip and subsequent choke in the playoffs. (Which coincidentally, 2022 happens to be the same year that Peyton Manning pulls a Brett Favre by playing out the rest of his HoF career with the Mexico City Jaguars.)

p.s. I am shocked - SHOCKED, I say - that I actually spelled beleaguered right the first time. :chickendance:

ChampionTexan
11-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Young is mentally too fragile.

It's a real shame because he's actually been playing very well. Something just isn't right between him and Fisher though and hasn't been for a long time.

I don't think we have many options for 2011 beyond Young though.

Even if the Titans lose out and go 5-11 there may not be a potential franchise QB available for them in the draft.

FA options are limited.

Fisher's reputation is a myth. 17 seasons of mediocrity, I would love for the Texans to appoint Fisher as HC. I don't think he'll stay in Tennessee next year if Young stays too so it might happen..

Be careful what you wish for though, he sucks.

Fisher would probably be towards the top of my (currently not formulated) preferred list of next HC's for the Texans assuming he was available when the position became open.

I do have a little concern about the fact that since Floyd Reese (and Jeff Diamond before him) have been gone a little while, I kind of sense a downward trend for the franchise as a whole. The list of very good to great coaches who had trouble adding the front office responsibilities to their list is a long and impressive one. Mike Holmgren jumps to mind, but I'll throw Dan Reeves in there too. Based on track record, it wouldn't be a stretch to include the Big Tuna in that list (and no, I've never thought it particularly unusual when dealing with upscale dining for two completely different people to acquire the food and prepare it).

This however is going to be 100% Fisher's call. If he wants control of personnel (and I can't fathom he won't), he's gonna get it from someone. I'm just not a fan of one person having too big a kingdom. Never really liked it with the Texans, and haven't seen too many instances where it's been really successful.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I just spent the last 30 minutes over there. I'm dumber for having read any of that. Neg. Rep. Lauren!! ;)

Jeff Fisher is a racist!

Signed,

Steve McNair

:rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow Lauren. I stopped visiting Shaggy Bevo not long after I joined because a few more weeks of that would have made an Aggie out of me. Hornfans has it's morons too however there is a decent balance over there. Plenty of fans over there see VY as he is.

Yeah, that place isn't very becoming of a fan base. WOW!

Dan B.
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Wow. This is a gem of a post:

Fisher has never said anything bad about Vince, but he has his sycophants in the local media who will leak whatever vitriol he wants in order to continue to have access to the inner sanctum. Jim Wyatt and that other prick from the Tennessean. I've been reading their shit since VY got to town, and it has always been the same thing. I imagine it's the same with the local radio guys.

Fisher says, "whatever was said stays in the locker room," except it doesn't really, does it? Fisher's carefully scripted version of events gets "leaked" to the media, yet the players are forbidden from speaking publically about anything.

Machiavelli ain't got shit on Jeff Fisher.

I don't know how you can't laugh your ass off at this stuff Bill. This is gold.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow. This is a gem of a post:

I don't know how you can't laugh your ass off at this stuff Bill. This is gold.

Oh, I was LMAO!!! Some of that stuff is so stupid, it's funny as hell.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Travis Rodgers is referring to VY, simply as "six". :lol:

Mailman
11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Good to see I was not the only one staring through the Shaggy Bevo windows and laughing at those delusional fanboy posts over the last few days. I really loathe some of those idiotic VY Til I Die posters, particularly those who are honest enough to admit they've only called themselves "fans" of the Titans since the 2006 draft. They are completely out of their minds and embedded deep inside Vince Young's ass, so I really shouldn't expect any of them to express a rational thought any time VY has one of his little tantrums and gets put in Time Out Corner by his coach.

Those assholes can go straight to the same hell that awaits Kenneth Stanley. They weren't around to cheer for Houston's former pro football franchise and they certainly won't be around for Bud once their Black Jesus begins his second career as a steak house greeter.

In short, **** Vince Young and **** his Shaggy Bevo enablers.

That is all.

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Meh

Fisher has lost the plot.

That Shaggybevo site is funny stuff. I never knew the VY homers had their own inbred forum

Dutchrudder
11-23-2010, 02:57 PM
So if Fisher resigns this season, what are the chances Kubiak gets interviewed to work with Vince and turn him around as a QB?

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 02:59 PM

2008 13-3 and we laid an epic egg in the playoffs followed by an 0-6 start in 09. You can have him.I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

Bud seems to have mellowed from the crazy days when he fired Bum.

Now he only meddles when it comes to Vince Young.:headhurts:

I'd like to see Jim Harbaugh get the HC job.

ChildressTitanMan
11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
So if Fisher resigns this season, what are the chances Kubiak gets interviewed to work with Vince and turn him around as a QB?

I can see it now.

Any new HC would have to agree to be nice to Vince Young. Lane Kiffin might be the only candidate.:smiliepalm:

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Never gonna' happen, just for the simple Aggie v. Longhorn thing if nothing else. It's like some kind of weird dueling cults between those two schools. Makes me glad I went to (and eventually dropped out of) UH. :winky:

2008 13-3 and we laid an epic egg in the playoffs followed by an 0-6 start in 09. You can have him.I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

yeah, you've got some good points. While Fisher's resume looks good when compared to the futility of the Texans, he's still only got six winning seasons in 16+ seasons of doing it. But hey, a glass of muddy water still looks good to a fan base dying of thirst.

JB
11-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow!

QB Vince Young asked to leave team facility http://tnne.ws/32t

From Jim Wyatt

http://twitter.com/jwyattsports

BIG TORO
11-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Wow!

From Jim Wyatt

http://twitter.com/jwyattsports

It would seem that things could never get back to normal after all this. Either the coach or the QB would have to go.

drewmar74
11-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Didn't see that coming.....

GP
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
That makes two Titans QBs who were told to leave and not enter the team facility. First McNair and now VY.

My advice to Vince Young is to avoid eating at Dave & Buster's.

Dan B.
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
That makes two Titans QBs who were told to leave and not enter the team facility. First McNair and now VY.

Yet more proof (as if you needed any) that Fisher is a racist. He also had McNair killed, btw. I read all about it on Shaggy Bevo.

houstonspartan
11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Guys, you have to ignore all the dumbasses on the Shaggy Bevo site. They are why UT athetes struggle in the NFL. They protect and coddle their athletes to the point where the athlete has no sense of the real world. It's one reason why UT players often haul ass back to Austin every chance they can get.

It's sad, really.

Double Barrel
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
For some reason(s), this just seems like a really good time to post this image:

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Jeff-Fisher-Peyton-Manning-Jersey.jpg

Stemp
11-23-2010, 04:46 PM
The good news for VY is that the Raiders still have their designated "Worthless overpaid QB" roster spot open. :lol:

drs23
11-23-2010, 05:48 PM

IF Kubiak gets the axe he would be my first choice here as well. He's turned down NFL jobs before. Wonder what he'd do now. Interesting to think about.

BigBull17
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
How do you like the moron that's currently running this cities team?

Our owner is backing his guy. It's maddening, but it's better than warring with your coach over a player you picked to piss off a rival city. Our sin is loyalty.

toronto
11-23-2010, 08:39 PM
IF Kubiak gets the axe he would be my first choice here as well. He's turned down NFL jobs before. Wonder what he'd do now. Interesting to think about.

I'm convinced Harbaugh wants the Michigan job, his alma matter etc. I think he prefers college ball.

Norg
11-24-2010, 12:28 AM
VY will be a Seahawk Next year bank on it

other maybes

Bengals

49ers

Texan

El Tejano
11-24-2010, 08:25 AM

other maybes

Bengals

49ers

Texan

Cardinals?

Texanmike02
11-24-2010, 09:47 AM

And don't cheat on your gf.

Mike

(too soon?)

drs23
11-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm convinced Harbaugh wants the Michigan job, his alma matter etc. I think he prefers college ball.

That's the first I'd heard that but it makes perfect sense. I'm still in the camp that he would make a fine NFL coach and would like to see him here but I'm in the minority that believes our D will get a facelift and GK will remain.

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 10:45 AM

other maybes

Bengals

49ers

Texan

Why would there be "other maybes" when you say "VY will be a Seahawk Next year bank on it"???

:dontknowa

texanhead08
11-24-2010, 12:03 PM
McFatass seems to think that Kubes isn't going anywhere, but Bush and Gibbs are gone. He claims the only way Kubes gets fired is if we finish the season getting blown out every game.

HOU-TEX
11-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Why would there be "other maybes" when you say "VY will be a Seahawk Next year bank on it"???

Cuz it's Norg? :shrug:

drewmar74
11-24-2010, 12:32 PM
McFatass seems to think that Kubes isn't going anywhere, but Bush and Gibbs are gone. He claims the only way Kubes gets fired is if we finish the season getting blown out every game.

Where did you see that?

Mr. White
11-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Here's (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/23/jeff-fisher-could-be-trying-to-force-his-way-out-of-tennessee/) an interesting PFT article from yesterday. Especially toward the end when they start talking about the Texans.

Jeff Fisher could be trying to force his way out of Tennessee

Posted by Mike Florio on November 23, 2010, 7:03 PM EST

Most NFL observers believe that, after the season, Titans owner Bud Adams will have to choose between quarterback Vince Young and coach Jeff Fisher.

Fisher apparently is trying to make the decision easier for Adams.

At a time when the organization has issued a statement aimed at refuting a report from Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean that Young was asked to leave the facility on Monday, Fisher tells ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that, indeed, Young has been banned.

Here’s the money quote from Mort’s story: “Fisher made it clear that Young is currently not welcome at the facility at the present time.”

And so the bigger story here is that the team is trying to tiptoe its way around the situation, and Fisher is mincing no words. It’s a recipe for Fisher to eventually be the former coach of the Titans.

It’s not a surprise. Last year, someone (i.e., Fisher) leaked to Mortensen the notion that Adams’ decision to force Fisher to bench Kerry Collins for Young may have opened a “loophole” in Fisher’s contract that would have allowed Fisher to force his way out.

Said Mort at the time, “The Cowboys, the Bears. You never know.”

Over a year later, that same sentiment applies. Though Fisher’s six playoff appearances in 17 years and his career winning percentage of 54.6 shouldn’t move him into the presidency of the Fired Football Coaches Association, the Cowboys and Bears are the two teams that could be the most interested in Fisher.

We’d throw the Texans into the mix as well. And the chance that Fisher would return to Houston and remain in the division could be enough to get Adams to keep Fisher around.

Then again, dumping Young could trigger the same outcome. In a Twitter entry posted moments ago, Young provided a one-word update on his status.

“Houston.”

This just keeps getting crazier.

Showtime100
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Then again, dumping Young could trigger the same outcome. In a Twitter entry posted moments ago, Young provided a one-word update on his status.

“Houston.”

He meant going to Houston to have a good cry, not playing with the Texans. If Bob is reading this, don't even think about it.

houstonspartan
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Here's (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/23/jeff-fisher-could-be-trying-to-force-his-way-out-of-tennessee/) an interesting PFT article from yesterday. Especially toward the end when they start talking about the Texans.

This just keeps getting crazier.

Bud Adams will never, ever, ever, ever fire Jeff Fischer. Why? Becuase he knows Bob McNair would snap him up in three seconds. Bud Adams is a bitter, cranky old bastard that hates the city of Houston.

He knows we have a qb, so, he's knows he's not screwing us by keeping the great VY away from us. But, he also knows that Jeff Fischer is a better coach than Gary Kubak, and NO WAY does he allow Fischer to come to Houston.

Mr. White
11-24-2010, 02:46 PM
He meant going to Houston to have a good cry, not playing with the Texans. If Bob is reading this, don't even think about it.

Heard on the the John and Lance show yesterday that McNair stood up at his church sometime after the 06 draft and made it clear to the congregation that Vince Young never had any chance of ever coming to this team. He also laid out a bunch of reasons why he didn't want him.

They didn't go into any more detail than that.

FWIW, the Twitter post is deleted now.

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Where did you see that?

McClain related the above in an interview on Radio 610.

Showtime100
11-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Heard on the the John and Lance show yesterday that McNair stood up at his church sometime after the 06 draft and made it clear to the congregation that Vince Young never had any chance of ever coming to this team. He also laid out a bunch of reasons why he didn't want him.

Thanks for posting that. Good info. :fans:

houstonspartan
11-24-2010, 02:53 PM

So, Bob McNair stood up, in a public place, and discussed why he didn't want Vince Young? And called him out?

I find that far fetched. That doesn't sound like McNair at all. He's classier than that. I did hear that he'd talked to VY's mom in private and explained why they didn't take him and that they had a pleasant converstation.

But nothing about a public recrimination of VY. That's hard to believe.

Showtime100
11-24-2010, 02:56 PM
I sort of took it as he was "overheard to say" and not neccessarily him standing up in front of God and everybody to say Vince sucks. :)

Mr. White
11-24-2010, 03:04 PM
I sort of took it as he was "overheard to say" and not neccessarily him standing up in front of God and everybody to say Vince sucks. :)

That's probably more like it. The way Lance said it sounded like he was speaking before the congregation, but I probably heard it wrong.

I know I'd be Bob McNair's shadow if I knew where he goes to church. They probably heard it from someone who has the same idea.

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Bud Adams will never, ever, ever, ever fire Jeff Fischer. Why? Becuase he knows Bob McNair would snap him up in three seconds. Bud Adams is a bitter, cranky old bastard that hates the city of Houston.

He knows we have a qb, so, he's knows he's not screwing us by keeping the great VY away from us. But, he also knows that Jeff Fischer is a better coach than Gary Kubak, and NO WAY does he allow Fischer to come to Houston.

That may be true. But if VY is "invited" by Bud to return to the team, don't be surprised if Fisher RESIGNS at the end of the year.

Double Barrel
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM

In your own words as a response to the bolded: "I find that far fetched. That doesn't sound like McNair at all. He's classier than that." :winky:

McNair would have to fire Kubiak in order for that to happen. And only blind optimism would delude us into believing that he'll fire Gary after this season. :lion:

gwallaia
11-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Praise the Lord! Can the congregation give me an Amen!

texanhead08
11-24-2010, 03:51 PM
McFatass said that in his weekly chat yesterday on the chronicle website.

JB
11-24-2010, 04:27 PM

Cuz it's Norg? :shrug:

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/Fail/funny-facebook-abbrev-spell.png

gwallaia
11-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Another quote from the Black Jesus worshipers over at Shaggy Bevo.

The fans in Tennessee do not deserve VY.

To which I say, Yes They Do!

CloakNNNdagger
11-24-2010, 07:09 PM
VY texted an apology to Fisher, probably because it afords one the luxury of spellcheck...............plus it can be composed by his mother..........:kubepalm:

Jeff Fisher says Vince Young’s text apology won’t do any good

Titans coach Jeff Fisher didn’t have much use for Vince Young‘s text message apology.

“I’m not a real big text guy. I’m not really into this new age stuff. I don’t twit or tweet, but I think face-to-face is a man thing,” Fisher said on Wednesday via TitansInsider.com.

While Young was trying to do the right thing by texting Fisher, he should be old enough to know there are more appropriate avenues to apologize to your boss for openly disrespecting him. It’s immature. Leaking the apology to the media right after also confuses what the real motivation is here.

Communication between Fisher and Young seems to be a constant problem. Young never told Fisher he wanted to re-enter Sunday’s game, then was upset when he didn’t get put back in. There were also reports Young didn’t particularly push hard to start against the Dolphins the week before, so Kerry Collins just got the call.

If Young really wants to settle things down, he should find a way to meet with Fisher. Or at least call the man — perhaps without broadcasting the news right after. The Titans coach asked if anything good could come from the text.

“I don’t think so, no. Someone could have grabbed his phone and texted it,” Fisher said.LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/24/jeff-fisher-would-have-preferred-a-face-to-face-apology/)

Dutchrudder
11-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I could see Jeff Fisher taking a year or two off from coaching if he resigns/fired. He's been doing it for a very long time and I bet he would enjoy a break for a year or two.

GP
11-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Isn't this getting to such a level of absurdity, and predictability, that it becomes impossible for that team to ever coexist with VY?

It's almost as if VY isn't into playing football...but he doesn't want to live with the depression of knowing he let people down.

To me, he is trying to get fired and Bud won't let him. Neither will the sector of UT fans who worship him. He has the skills, but the other part of him is out to lunch.

He could have put up great numbers against us. I think this is one of the reasons he was sooo upset: He dreams of sticking it to us, and now he can't. He thinks Fisher robbed him of that chance. Two chances, actually.

Mr. White
11-25-2010, 12:57 PM
The latest via PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/25/report-titans-will-pay-vince-youngs-roster-bonus/)

Report: Titans will pay Vince Young’s 2011 roster bonus

Posted by Mike Florio on November 25, 2010, 12:25 PM EST

At a time when it’s becoming increasingly obvious that Titans owner Bud Adams will be required to choose come 2011 between quarterback Vince Young and coach Jeff Fisher, it’s becoming increasingly obvious that the octogenarian is skewing Young.

Charley Casserly of CBS reports that the Titans expect Adams to pay Young a $4.25 million roster bonus due on the 10th day of the 2011 league year. If so, it means that Young will be on the team next year.

And it means that Fisher probably won’t be coaching it.

But don’t look for Adams to let Fisher walk away. Head coaches still may be traded, and we think that Adams will make it known that any team looking for a new coach can pony up picks and/or pesos for the ability to hire Fisher.

If Adams has no takers, things could get ugly. Especially if the owner chooses to let Fisher know that he won’t be released from his contract via text message.

Looks like Fisher's the odd man out now.

Wolf
11-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Adams saying happy bird day
http://slanchreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
11-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Adams saying happy bird day
http://slanchreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bud-adams-flipping-the-bird.jpg

As time has gone on, Bud's verbal skills have continued to deteriorate.

Must spread the rep.

drewmar74
11-25-2010, 10:38 PM
As time has gone on, Bud's verbal skills have continued to deteriorate.

Must spread the rep.

Got him for you. It was certainly worth of it, too.

Lucky
11-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Looks like Fisher's the odd man out now.
Fisher out of Possum Holler would be great news for Texans fans. Glad to see Titan fans finally getting a dose of Bud.

edo783
11-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Glad to see Titan fans finally getting a dose of Bud.

When ya get a dose of Bud, even penicillin won't make it better. :kitten: