PDA

View Full Version : Will this do it?....

HTown2ATX
11-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok, so, I just had this question pop into my head and wanted to see what anyone else thought.

We have 2 more national TV games......Thursday nighter against the Eagles at the Link and a MNF at home against the Ravens game left this year.

Both of these games could or most likely should be embarrassing. I would think that embarrassing enough National games would lead to immediate firings of coaches up to and possibly Kubiak.

I gotta believe that this would be the last straw and that Uncle Bob at that point would realize what I have that the Texans are back to joke of the league status.

So, would 2 nationally televised pummelings aginst the Texans force some immediate change?

I cautiously say yes.

But I'm torn between the brown cow says moo too.....

Norg
11-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Well any loss isnt going to help Kubes

I think we win 1 or both of thoes games imo

This team is slowly getting better IMO just sayin

HTown2ATX
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
YES!!!!!!!

Someone went with brown cow!!!!

Damnit, I knew I should have went that way with my vote!!

The reason I put that in there is with the defensive play calling it's like Frank Bush has one of those kids toys that you pull the string and it spins the arrow on the wheel and stops on an animal and says something like "the sheep says...bahh...bahh".

I keep picturing him with one of those that he pulls the string and it gives him the defensive play but there is an error with one of the options and it says "the brown cow says moo".....but instead of him realizing it's not even a real play, he thinks it is and calls it into the Defense on the field.

http://thedirtytshirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/seensay.jpg

Thorn
11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
YES!!!!!!!

Someone went with brown cow!!!!

Damnit, I knew I should have went that way with my vote!!

That was me. :tiphat:

Double Barrel
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Kubiak ain't going anywhere, even if this team finishes 4-12 (which they won't).

All the wishing in the world by fans equals to jack nothing when it comes to our owner loving niiiiiiiice guys. It has become painfully obvious that the owner's inclination to avoid firing niiiiiiiice guys is as influential as any other meddling owner out there. He will never hire a hard-ass coach like Parcells or Cowher. We are stuck with niiiiiiiice and will continue to suffer mediocrity as a result.

I will pass out from shock if Kubiak is let go when his kids play so hard. Bush will be the scapegoat and this will save Mr. Niiiiiiiice for another season of epic suckitude.

I would disclaimer this post with [/cynical sarcasm], but in the end, I know the above is probably closer to the truth. :brickwall:

Pantherstang84
11-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Kubiak ain't going anywhere, even if this team finishes 4-12 (which they won't).

All the wishing in the world by fans equals to jack nothing when it comes to our owner loving niiiiiiiice guys. It has become painfully obvious that the owner's inclination to avoid firing niiiiiiiice guys is as influential as any other meddling owner out there. He will never hire a hard-ass coach like Parcells or Cowher. We are stuck with niiiiiiiice and will continue to suffer mediocrity as a result.

I will pass out from shock if Kubiak is let go when his kids play so hard. Bush will be the scapegoat and this will save Mr. Niiiiiiiice for another season of epic suckitude.

I would disclaimer this post with [/cynical sarcasm], but in the end, I know the above is probably closer to the truth. :brickwall:

Sadly, I think you are right.

HOU-TEX
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Agreed.........unfortunately

keyser
11-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Why would you think this team will perform poorly in those two games? They will come after the team has been all-but-mathematically eliminated from playoff contention (which we're almost at now). Nothing lights this team on fire like playing games after the season is hopeless. I fully expect us to lose against Tennessee, after which we no longer have any chance at all, then catch on fire and win out, making it seem once again that we're on the verge of something great (next year), again.

Thorn
11-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I fully expect us to lose against Tennessee, after which we no longer have any chance at all, then catch on fire and win out, making it seem once again that we're on the verge of something great (next year), again.

It's a Time Warp! We are going to Do It Again!

And while I was just being humorous there, it wouldn't suprise me in the least that is exactly what happens. LOL

Rey
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM

This.

At the end of the day, I think the defensive coaches will get the axe at kubiaks expense.

I'm not really sure how I feel about that scenario right now.

Ole Miss Texan
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't think what day or time of day the game(s) are played will have any effect on how Kubiak, Smith, Bush, et al are evaluated at the end of the year.

Dread-Head
11-22-2010, 03:55 PM
To quote Michael J. Fox: "...Moo.."

houstonspartan
11-22-2010, 04:43 PM

With a season ticket-holding fan base that is getting fed up, McNair can't risk his billion dollar - repeat BILLION - football team regressing. A flat screen tv is cheaper than Texans tickets.

Pantherstang84
11-22-2010, 04:49 PM
With a season ticket-holding fan base that is getting fed up, McNair can't risk his billion dollar - repeat BILLION - football team regressing. A flat screen tv is cheaper than Texans tickets.

They have to pull the trigger before he will get the message.

Double Barrel
11-22-2010, 05:18 PM

8 years of mediocrity resulted in the highest numbers of season tickets being sold at Reliant Stadium to date.

I will believe that season tickets holders will revolt when they actually do it.

PSL investments seem to be a great deterrent to voting with your pocketbook.

Plus, if it's only about the money, even the Bills are profitable right now. Revenue sharing ensures that all teams make a nice profit.

I do not mean to rain on your parade, as I want Kubiak gone as much as the next guy. But, being the pragmatic fan that I am, I think that three factors will be in play here: 1) Kubiak still has two years on his contract after this season, 2) collective bargaining agreement still needs to be resolved, and 3) Kubiak is a niiiiiiiice guy and McNair loves him some niiiiiiiice.

Bush = scapegoat and we see another year of Goobiak ball. Bank on it.

HTown2ATX
11-22-2010, 09:54 PM
LOL.....whoever voted that Kubiak gets an extension...stand up and be counted! lol....i wanna rep you!!

that made me lol big time. i can see it happening too the way this franchise seems so afraid at times to change anything.

TexCanada
11-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I think we will see a big change this off season.