Off Coordinator: Gary Kubiak
Def Coordinator: Dick LeBeau

one can dream right?

MFG16
11-21-2010, 09:50 PM
If we are going to purge the entire Coaching staff

WOuld yall accept Kubes if he steps down to the OC
WHich he would prob never do but wouldnt that be great if he did

If we kept Kubes, then that wouldn't be purging the enitre coaching staff. On a serious note I don't think kubiak would step down. Imagine that conversation: Mcnair: Your fired. Kubiak: Damn. Mcnair: Wanna be the OC?
Kubiak will either be the HC next year or gone.

Brisco_County
11-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I would like to keep Kubiak as OC, but that's asking too much. It would be nice, but don't expect it.

Lucky
11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I would like to keep Kubiak as OC, but that's asking too much. It would be nice, but don't expect it.
The Texans would not have to fire Rick Dennison. If the next head coach wanted to keep the offense intact, that's a possibility as Dennison is under contract. It wouldn't be unprecedented (Dungy kept Tom Moore on when he became Colts head coach).

I don't think it's that big of a deal. WCO coordinators are a dime a dozen. Kubiak isn't special, he just mimicked Mike Shanahan.

gafftop
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Don't want Dennison as OC are you crazy. The problem with this whole staff is it is inexperienced not too mention inept. The Texans have no possible replacements for head coach on staff.

Normally I would not say fire head coach in middle of season but because of the lockout possibility I would definitely get your next head coach if he is available now. If the one you want is out there do it NOW or we will probably be stuck with Kubiak for next year. Why the hell did they give him an extension. i think he would have played with more urgency if he did not have it. This may be Kubiak's and the whole coaching staffs problem is they are too cautious. Bush tried to protect D but all that did was make them tentative. By playing cautious they created no turnovers. Today he let them go a little and they created a couple of TOs. The same with the offense, they start tentative. In football you need to be agressive.

MAKE A CHANGE NOW IF THE MAN YOU WANT IS AVAILABLE OR WE HAVE KUBIAK AGAIN FOR NEXT YEAR.

Fred
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
I would accept Kubiak as the OC in the second half only. Get someone else for the first half so the most talented offense in the league can go into halftime with more than 3 or 7 points.

TexanSam
11-21-2010, 10:33 PM
I would not be surprised if the Dennison was kept on as offensive coordinator if/when a new coach is brought it. Wouldn't mind it either. The offense hasn't been the big issue this season.

Texecutioner
11-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Pretty shocking that anyone would want Kubes even as an OC at this point. Some people just never learn.