PDA

View Full Version : The new DC

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Now assume that McNair sticks with Kubiak.

Who is out there who could fix the defense?

I'm looking at who is going to get fired this year and how about Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis or John Fox?

John Fox was even a secondary coach on the way up?

How about promoting Kollar?

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 08:18 PM
:choke:

HJam72
11-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Me! :splits:

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Me! :splits:

Couldn't do much worse.

TexanBacker93
11-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Now assume that McNair sticks with Kubiak.

Who is out there who could fix the defense?

I'm looking at who is going to get fired this year and how about Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis or John Fox?

John Fox was even a secondary coach on the way up?

Why promote Koller? The D-line hasn't exactly been great.

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Why promote Koller? The D-line hasn't exactly been great.

Strongest unit on the defense. seems like a Kubiakian/McNairian thing to do.

Not saying I would like that, just throwing ideas out.

Ole Miss Texan
11-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not too familiar with the potential coaches/coordinators. My ideal DC would probably be a guy that is proven, has successfully and quickly improved a defense and would be a possibility to step into the HC gig if ever needed.

One guy that comes to mind would be Sean McDermott, the DC from Philly. They run a 4-3, and are tops on the league in turnovers and sacks I believe. He's only been in this position for a year or two so I really doubt he's a possibility for our DC.

I believe and current DC would need to be promoted to DC/ assistant head coach? I also think Kollar is asst hc so not sure what all the rules are.

hradhak
11-21-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm not too familiar with the potential coaches/coordinators. My ideal DC would probably be a guy that is proven, has successfully and quickly improved a defense and would be a possibility to step into the HC gig if ever needed.

One guy that comes to mind would be Sean McDermott, the DC from Philly. They run a 4-3, and are tops on the league in turnovers and sacks I believe. He's only been in this position for a year or two so I really doubt he's a possibility for our DC.

I believe and current DC would need to be promoted to DC/ assistant head coach? I also think Kollar is asst hc so not sure what all the rules are.
I wouldn't promote an internal candidate if we can. I would try and bring in someone new altogether if possible. We need fresh eyeballs to see the defense and see what we can to do fix this team.

Norg
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Wade phillps and switch to a 3-4 if he wants 2 do that

ZImmer

i dont know i dont get payed to scout LOL

We just need a new one is all i know someone who isnt kubes buddy and lets get a New GM while we are at it that is the DC buddy LOL

LIke it our NOt Kubes will lose a little COntrol of this Team rather he likes it or not if he stays all he will have to worry about is tha O

burro
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
John Fox! Unfortunately, I think someone may scoop him up for head coach.

awtysst
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Here is a name nobody is talking about: Dick Jauron. He was the D Coordinator in Jax where they went to the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years there? Currently he is a DB coach in Philly.

Not a head coach, perhaps a better coordinator.

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Here is a name nobody is talking about: Dick Jauron. He was the D Coordinator in Jax where they went to the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years there? Currently he is a DB coach in Philly.

Not a head coach, perhaps a better coordinator.

Thanks for bringing that name up, he would be worth kicking the tyres on.

Mr teX
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM

interesting you mentioned him. Prior to jim johnson dying, he had no prior coordinator experience. I believe he was in the exact same position Bush was in before JJ died. Yet he's had success & Bush hasn't. The difference? he's got horses & we've got a team with too many jackasses.

If i had my pick, i'd like to see marvin lewis here. He's got a track record as a a good defensive coach & a pretty good eye for the kind of talent it requires. He can also step in as HC if we need him to.

Kimmy
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Mike Tomlin's reaction upon learning Frank Bush still has a job ......

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_10_wk_11_04.jpg