PDA

View Full Version : C'mon thunderkyss, we're all waiting to hear it.

Carr Bombed
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Losing a bet.

But three days later, I'm still not over Sunday's game. I'm trying to be positive over the rest of the season, but they aren't making it easy.

I still believe in this team, & 1 more bad game away from verbally lashing out against this coaching staff.

:) So what do you think of the coaching staff?

jshabang
11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
yeppppppp we're waiting lol

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 06:30 PM
leave him alone, hope is a dangerous thing. the texans crushed it today. let him be

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 06:31 PM
TK, is one poster trying to bring balance to a passionate or often clouded debate.

Let him be.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
lol, i guess you missed it:

We'll win out.

I've been seeing some really good football, more & more consistently over the last 4 weeks, & we're still shuffling starters in the game because of injuries or whatever.

This team has got it, this coach has got it..... we're right there.

Only thing I'm seeing lacking so far, is that our offense isn't clicking out of the gate. I think we fix that next week, & we win out.

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 06:37 PM
wagonhead is the next texan coach cause he has all the answers

Carr Bombed
11-21-2010, 06:42 PM

:kubepalm: "good football"....seriously.

:) Please tell me he was being sarcastic?

Pantherstang84
11-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Well. He does have a lot of rep points and I really like his signature.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 06:49 PM

I'll be home in about 30 minutes... leaving work now. I'll let ya know when I get there.

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Well. He does have a lot of rep points and I really like his signature.

so you think gruden will take this job? why

Pantherstang84
11-21-2010, 07:00 PM
so you think gruden will take this job? why

I don't know if Gruden would take the job or not. Only he can answer that. I do think McNair should at least pay him a visit. He shouldn't publicize it. What do I know. He may already have done it. I dunno. I do know Gruden has not ruled out returning to coaching. If true, why not here?

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 07:03 PM
what? I never claimed to have the answers. I just think the coaching staff sucks and the play on the field has proved it. Sue me.

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
what? I never claimed to have the answers. I just think the coaching staff sucks and the play on the field has proved it. Sue me.

we all know that much but to kick a guy who still believes is weak, you did dig an old post.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
we all know that much but to kick a guy who still believes is weak, you did dig an old post.
no... that post was from like 30 minutes earlier, I had just responded to it in another thread. lol.

Dutchrudder
11-21-2010, 07:20 PM

Dude, that post was from 2 hours ago. It's incredible that Thunderkyss can actually keep hope for this team to go anywhere but up 2011 in the draft order. I now suspect Tkyss just likes attention or being contrary for the sake of it...

The team's performance today was 3 quarters of pathetic play, followed by 14 minutes of focus and good D, then 1 minute of full retard pass D. It's a staple of the Kubiak era, and it needs to change.

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
no... that post was from like 30 minutes earlier, I had just responded to it in another thread. lol.

but why dig? you like hitting a guy when he's down. TK believes far more than you ever will in something

Dishman
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Birds of a feather and all that.

Carr Bombed
but why dig? you like hitting a guy when he's down. TK believes far more than you ever will in something

examples???

Revolution
TK, is one poster trying to bring balance to a passionate or often clouded debate.

Let him be.

Love the avatar by the way... :)

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 07:26 PM

Uh, ok. Whatever you say bub.

GuerillaBlack
11-21-2010, 07:35 PM

You know actually, if our offense had clicked out of the gate against the Jets, we would have won. TK may be right there.

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Dude, that post was from 2 hours ago. It's incredible that Thunderkyss can actually keep hope for this team to go anywhere but up 2011 in the draft order. I now suspect Tkyss just likes attention or being contrary for the sake of it...

The team's performance today was 3 quarters of pathetic play, followed by 14 minutes of focus and good D, then 1 minute of full retard pass D. It's a staple of the Kubiak era, and it needs to change.

if we all agree about kubes why is one of us being called out for having hope? if you watched the game today then your as much a sucker as TK right? just not one for attacks and dissappointed in carrbombed and anyone else who starts calling people out. i usually just look for info here but calling people out in a thread is not the norm around here

ATXtexanfan
11-21-2010, 07:37 PM
examples???

dude when did you start calling people out? i've repped you plenty of times but when did you get ugly?

Carr Bombed
11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
dude when did you start calling people out? i've repped you plenty of times but when did you get ugly?

???? LOL......"when did I call someone out?" Apparently you don't know the history of this thread...

The reason why Thunderkyss is wearing soap was because of a avatar bet....and he said (multiple times) he was going to call out the coaching staff if they had another bad game. This thread is supposed to be good natured fun after a tough loss.. nothing more. It's like a bet thread.. it doesn't need to be turned into something it's not.

Thorn
11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
This board has got a bad case of the Titanic syndrome. Everyone seems to be shoving each other out of the way to get to a life raft. It's the Texans that suck folks, not the posters on this board. Sheesh.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I'll be home in about 30 minutes... leaving work now. I'll let ya know when I get there.

I'm going to take the cop out on this one.

Losing a bet.

But three days later, I'm still not over Sunday's game. I'm trying to be positive over the rest of the season, but they aren't making it easy.

I still believe in this team, & 1 more bad game away from verbally lashing out against this coaching staff.

I heard the game on the radio, I didn't get to see it, so I don't know how bad/good it was. From the game day thread, & what I heard on the radio, the team played well for the most part. A few drops by the receivers, missed blocking assignments on a screen, and a few defensive errors, but a good day for the defense (relatively speaking).

Not using a timeout at the end of the first half, doesn't make sense to me. If we had any timeouts at the end of the game, the one thing I would have done differently, is call a timeout after the first big play they gave up... called the team to the sideline & gave them a little pep talk with a little time to breath.

I know he eventually did this, but too late. I've been saying this, since the Giants game, with this defense, you've got to use your timeouts like it were a basketball game. Break up the momentum, don't let it get started. I know he would have caught slack for it, but with this defense, he's got to do it.

I don't know who was in the game, when he was rushing 4 & playing prevent... if he rushed less than 4, and dropped a lineman into coverage, Sumbitz needs to be fired. If he had 4 linemen, & it wasn't Mario, Smith, Okoye, & Anderson, Sumbitz needs to be fired. If he went prevent with 50 seconds left in the game, & he didn't have 6 DBs on the field..... Sumbitz needs to be fired.

To allow a team to go 70 yards in 50 seconds with no timeouts... & score a TD.... inexcusable.

FirstTexansFan
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
This board has got a bad case of the Titanic syndrome. Everyone seems to be shoving each other out of the way to get to a life raft. It's the Texans that suck folks, not the posters on this board. Sheesh.

Listen to the wise man youngsters, he's spot on. Quit lashing out at those who support the same team as you. They just have different opinions, and guess what, not a one of them amounts to a hill of beans in the big picture :) 43yrs I've lived through this nightmare called Houston Professional Football. You need to learn to either deal with it, or find a team that wins every game. You can be like the SA sports fans... they've switched from the Cowboys to the Raiders :)

DexmanC
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
So, I guess TK keeps the soap on.

Carr Bombed
11-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Listen to the wise man youngsters, he's spot on. Quit lashing out at those who support the same team as you. They just have different opinions, and guess what, not a one of them amounts to a hill of beans in the big picture :) 43yrs I've lived through this nightmare called Houston Professional Football. You need to learn to either deal with it, or find a team that wins every game. You can be like the SA sports fans... they've switched from the Cowboys to the Raiders :)

Nobody is "lashing out" at anybody...

FirstTexansFan
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Nobody is "lashing out" at anybody...

I believe you've been lashed out at, due to a misunderstanding of your postings. I understood the tongue in cheek, ATX did not :)

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I now suspect Tkyss just likes attention or being contrary for the sake of it...

Again, I didn't watch the game, I was at work & only heard bits & pieces on the radio.

It didn't sound that bad. Sounds like our defense answered the call for 3.85 Quarters, & our offense showed up in the 4th to try to "save the day" by digging us out of a hole we shouldn't have been in.

I was in the game day thread, saying about all the negative crap I care to say about this team at this time.

I think we should all go back & read all the posts in all the threads since the Jaguar loss. That should remind us what the expectation of this team in this game was.... it sure as hell wasn't having a 27-23 lead with 0:50 left in the game. Far from it.

If we came into this game 6 & 3 and lost this game, I don't believe the attitude of the board would be that this was 3 quarters of pathetic football. We'd have lost to a good team... redeemed ourselves by putting 27 points on the team that spanked us last year. We'd still be pissed about the last minute breakdown.

It sucks that we came into this game losing the previous three... That's on the Texans, they put themselves in this situation, & need to find whatever it is they'll need to win out..... The Chargers game was more upsetting than this game, because we controlled it for the most part & gave it away at the end.

The Colts game was more upsetting, because we know the Colts couldn't keep us off the field if we would have done what we know we could do.... run the ball. Still no guarantee we would have won that game, but we would have been dictating instead of asking for permission to speak.

The Jaguars game was more upsetting than this game, at least the Jets have a defense. Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Jets... those are the teams we've lost to over the last 5-6 weeks... all of them much better defensively than the Jags... but the Jags told us when to stand up & when to sit down.... very bad taste in my mouth....

But this wasn't 3 quarters of pathetic football.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 08:22 PM
if we all agree about kubes why is one of us being called out for having hope? if you watched the game today then your as much a sucker as TK right? just not one for attacks and dissappointed in carrbombed and anyone else who starts calling people out. i usually just look for info here but calling people out in a thread is not the norm around here

Thanks for the support man...... but I'm a big boy, I can take it.

I bring it on myself.

But it's worth it, I think, for this team.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
???? LOL......"when did I call someone out?" Apparently you don't know the history of this thread...

The reason why Thunderkyss is wearing soap was because of a avatar bet....and he said (multiple times) he was going to call out the coaching staff if they had another bad game. This thread is supposed to be good natured fun after a tough loss.. nothing more. It's like a bet thread.. it doesn't need to be turned into something it's not.

That's the way I'm taking it.

No offense taken at all, like I said.... I keep putting my foot in my mouth.

Nobodies fault but my own (hey, that sounds like a song).

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
It didn't sound that bad. Sounds like our defense answered the call for 3.85 Quarters

the Jets scored 30 points

just fyi

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:00 PM
the Jets scored 30 points

just fyi

& we scored 27.... are you saying the Jets suck on defense?

Speedy
11-21-2010, 09:04 PM
If we came into this game 6 & 3 and lost this game, I don't believe the attitude of the board would be that this was 3 quarters of pathetic football. We'd have lost to a good team... redeemed ourselves by putting 27 points on the team that spanked us last year. We'd still be pissed about the last minute breakdown.

But they're not 6-3 and we've seen this act all season long. 3 quarters of pathetic football is the team slogan. If they were 6-3 and they had a game like this where they play 3 quarters of pathetic football, then you chalk it up to every team has a game like that. The Texans have had at least 8 games like that. Maybe if they ever decide to play more than 1 quarter of good football they'd be one of those 6-3 teams.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 09:04 PM

yes.... yes that's exactly what i'm saying

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Ok guys how about this.

Frank Bush needs to be fired before they get to back to Houston, & here's why.

The final touchdown play, there are two receivers on top. Our two corners are up top... man coverage.

The receivers run crossing routes, like they've done every game, multiple times per game, and our Corners get picked....

We've never stopped a reception when the other team decides to run those routes.

Sooner or later, you'd think Frank Bush would learn that the corners need to switch men, don't try to follow the receivers. Outside man stays outside, on top of the receiver... there's no way he'll catch a fade. The Corner would have to look out for the back shoulder throw, but he'll have the fade covered.

We fall for it, every time.

NitroGSXR

Do not be fooled. Turnovers marred the outstanding defense the Jets brought on the field today.

Speedy
It didn't sound that bad. Sounds like our defense answered the call for 3.85 Quarters,

Yep, 30 points and 400 yards, great game for the D.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Yep, 30 points and 400 yards, great game for the D.

wait, are you trying to say the jets defense sucks?

wait, what?

what just happened.:confused:

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
But they're not 6-3 and we've seen this act all season long. 3 quarters of pathetic football is the team slogan. If they were 6-3 and they had a game like this where they play 3 quarters of pathetic football, then you chalk it up to every team has a game like that. The Texans have had at least 8 games like that. Maybe if they ever decide to play more than 1 quarter of good football they'd be one of those 6-3 teams.

I understand what you are saying.

I'm saying if you look at this game by itself, it wasn't bad. There haven't been 8 games like this one. Our defense did a fine job for 3.85 qtrs. they gave up 330 yards of offense & 23 points to a team that averages. 362 yards & 23 ppg.

The offense was pathetic for 3 Quarters.... I'll give you that.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM
yes.... yes that's exactly what i'm saying

Really?

So if our defense is as good as the Jets, & we can play offense for 4 quarters, winning out shouldn't be a big deal.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Really?

So if our defense is as good as the Jets, & we can play offense for 4 quarters, winning out shouldn't be a big deal.

yes, exactly! how did you know?

DexmanC
11-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Really?

We haven't done both of those at the same time, which is why there
are 6 losses on the ledger.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
wait, are you trying to say the jets defense sucks?

wait, what?

what just happened.:confused:

Like I said, I haven't watched the whole game, so I can't say how bad they were. 30 points don't tell the whole story, & neither does the 401 yards of offense.

I know the defense played well enough for us to have a 21-20 lead in the first half. Didn't happen, but that's not the defenses fault. I know it's asinine to expect our 5th ranked offense to score 21 points in one half against the best defense in the league...... but we scored 20 points in the 4th Qtr........

Is it too much to ask, to not go 3 & out 4 times??

Defensively, we played good enough to win, up till the last 50 seconds.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
We haven't done both of those at the same time, which is why there
are 6 losses on the ledger.

agreed.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
allow me to summarize:

TK: the Texans D played well today

me: they allowed 30 pts...

TK: so your saying the Jets defense sucks???

me: :confused:

TK: our defense and offense are so great, we're gonna win out

me: :mcnugget: :headhurts:

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
allow me to summarize:

TK: the Texans D played well today

me: they allowed 30 pts...

So you're saying our defense did not play well today, because we allowed 30 points.

If we had only allowed 27, would you have said we played well?

is the cut-off for good defense 28 points or something.

You're going to have to help me understand what you are saying, because it's not making sense, compared to what happened.

Corrosion
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM

How bout SOMEONE on the defense ... ANYONE Make a damn play when it counts.:smiliepalm:

This one isnt on Kubiak. No matter how many times he says "its on me" ..... Its on the defense. 70+ yards , 48 seconds and a 4 point lead and they have no time outs. Put the blame where it belongs - The secondary.

HTown2ATX
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Damn.

I have to say, after seeing what I saw today I kind of wondered how TK would try to spin it once I started thinking about getting on here. But, I didn't think someone would start a whole thread calling him on it........

This season is beyond effing over. What a joke.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 09:28 PM
How bout SOMEONE on the defense ... ANYONE Make a damn play when it counts.:smiliepalm:

This one isnt on Kubiak. No matter how many times he says "its on me" ..... Its on the defense. 70+ yards , 48 seconds and a 4 point lead and they have no time outs. Put the blame where it belongs - The secondary.

I know if that last TD play didn't score, they would have done something else and got their TD..... so it probably really doesn't matter.

But I think Frank Bush should get fired for the way the defense played that last play. The corners should have switched receivers there in the endzone, not man. We've been burned on that one again & again & again.

Texas T
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok guys how about this.

Frank Bush needs to be fired before they get to back to Houston, & here's why.

The final touchdown play, there are two receivers on top. Our two corners are up top... man coverage.

The receivers run crossing routes, like they've done every game, multiple times per game, and our Corners get picked....

We've never stopped a reception when the other team decides to run those routes.

Sooner or later, you'd think Frank Bush would learn that the corners need to switch men, don't try to follow the receivers. Outside man stays outside, on top of the receiver... there's no way he'll catch a fade. The Corner would have to look out for the back shoulder throw, but he'll have the fade covered.

We fall for it, every time.

On this play the DBs needed to be on the outside. They were not and the receiver was able to get out of bounds and stop the clock...that's bad position coaching to me.

I was watching the pre-game for the Eagles/Giants and they said that someone on the Texans defensive coaching staff needed to be fired after that happening game after game...

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 09:30 PM

Not sticking up for TK, but when the hell will you hold players accountable?? Huh?? You seem to have it in for the coaching staff, and that's fine. BUT when the **** are players going to make a play???? Really??????

That said, Richard Smith errrr Frank Bush needs to be fired, tomorrow. As much as I like Kubes, he needs to go at the end of the season. I want a hard-ass coach that holds players accountable.

Carr Bombed
11-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Not sticking up for TK, but when the hell will you hold players accountable?? Huh?? You seem to have it in for the coaching staff, and that's fine. BUT when the **** are players going to make a play???? Really??????

That said, Richard Smith errrr Frank Bush needs to be fired, tomorrow. As much as I like Kubes, he needs to go at the end of the season. I want a hard-ass coach that holds players accountable.

Texan Bill, I've already held players accountable......remember my "Chris Myers" rant......or Chris Brown, Steve Slaton, Ryan Moats rants. Last season's "Playoffs or bust" statement by Bob McNair, followed by the celebration of a underachieving 9-7 record and out right acceptance of mediocrity was enough for me to realize that the main problem goes WAY BEYOND the players and it starts at the top. The players aren't going to change until the coaches do.

The players change, but the same "WTF??/how did they lose that game??" moments still occur. Glover Quinn was not here during the Rosencoptor play and neither was Allen....but yet we continue to break NFL records in ways to lose. It isn't mainly a personnel problem as much as it's coaching.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM

What else do you want them to do? Everyone in the backfield is rotating with someone except Quin & Pollard.

Wilson switches with Nolan & they both screw up.

Allen, Jackson, & McCain has a little rotation going with a little McManis thrown in there.

What else can you do but blame the coaches for getting one bum to split snaps with another bum.

Not that I think they are bums or anything, but from the soapers perspective..... they're all bums, it's not like we're swapping DBs because of injuries.

GNTLEWOLF
11-21-2010, 10:03 PM
What else do you want them to do? Everyone in the backfield is rotating with someone except Quin & Pollard.

Wilson switches with Nolan & they both screw up.

Allen, Jackson, & McCain has a little rotation going with a little McManis thrown in there.

What else can you do but blame the coaches for getting one bum to split snaps with another bum.

Not that I think they are bums or anything, but from the soapers perspective..... they're all bums, it's not like we're swapping DBs because of injuries.

:goodpost:

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 10:07 PM

Maybe we should be rotating Pollard out for someone who has some idea of what pass coverage is.

thunderkyss
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Maybe we should be rotating Pollard out for someone who has some idea of what pass coverage is.

Not today, he did his job. (far as I can tell)....

Wolf
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8674/21151028tdpivsmw.gif

Wolf
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM

this.. I can't figure out kubiak. When Slaton was making mistakes and fumbling last season. His ass was pulled. (rightfully so) . granted we don't know what the defensive assignment is/was some of the players are struggling and getting toasted and we seem to just roll with it. :headhurts:

Heath Shuler
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm going to take the cop out on this one.

I heard the game on the radio, I didn't get to see it, so I don't know how bad/good it was.

Again, I didn't watch the game, I was at work & only heard bits & pieces on the radio.

Like I said, I haven't watched the whole game, so I can't say how bad they were.

Quit rubbing it in you lucky SOB:)

2slik4u
11-21-2010, 10:30 PM

Its funny you say that but we don't even need to make a play. All we need to do is prevent the big play. How hard is that?

As for your second point, these are all on Kubiak. He is the HC, thats what comes with the territory. He hired the DC, which apparently is so bad he actually made our defense worse. Bush isnt calling the plays and schemes that should be called but once again, it all comes back to Kubes. On the other note, if we were 7-3 he would be getting praised.

I am completely sick to my stomach of how today went. I now go into each game expecting to lose but after we fought back into the game and scored 17 points in 10 minutes, my hopes went thru the cieling.......only to come back crashing down to earth.

This pathetic piece of ******* team/staff/organization completely rips my heart out and pisses on it damn near every weekend and as always, I come back for more every time.

I need Mcnair to make a change for Christ Sake's. Its effing ridiculous how we are once again wishing and hoping for next year. I feel like this around week 8 every damn year. Its crap and Im tired of it.

Dutchrudder
11-21-2010, 10:58 PM

It didn't sound that bad. Sounds like our defense answered the call for 3.85 Quarters, & our offense showed up in the 4th to try to "save the day" by digging us out of a hole we shouldn't have been in.

I was in the game day thread, saying about all the negative crap I care to say about this team at this time.

I think we should all go back & read all the posts in all the threads since the Jaguar loss. That should remind us what the expectation of this team in this game was.... it sure as hell wasn't having a 27-23 lead with 0:50 left in the game. Far from it.

It sucks that we came into this game losing the previous three... That's on the Texans, they put themselves in this situation, & need to find whatever it is they'll need to win out..... The Chargers game was more upsetting than this game, because we controlled it for the most part & gave it away at the end.

The Colts game was more upsetting, because we know the Colts couldn't keep us off the field if we would have done what we know we could do.... run the ball. Still no guarantee we would have won that game, but we would have been dictating instead of asking for permission to speak.

The Jaguars game was more upsetting than this game, at least the Jets have a defense. Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Jets... those are the teams we've lost to over the last 5-6 weeks... all of them much better defensively than the Jags... but the Jags told us when to stand up & when to sit down.... very bad taste in my mouth....

But this wasn't 3 quarters of pathetic football.

I think you really need to go watch the game. The score was 23 to 7 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I don't care who we are playing, 7 points through 3 quarters of football is pathetic. It felt a lot like the Cowboys game up to that point. Their defense was much better than the 27 points showed, as most of those can be credited to turnovers by the offense deep in their territory.

The 4th quarter is when the defense woke up, got pressure on Sanchez to force an INT, Cushing forced a fumble from Greene, and our offense converted 10 points out of those. The defense gave them great field position with a quick stop, which lead to a bad punt by the Jets. The ensuing drive starting near midfield led to a TD. Our defense was giving the offense great opportunities and they were able to score 20 points in the 4th thanks to short fields.

Of course you know how it ended, which is why I say they played 14 minutes of good football. Even still, those 14 minutes give me some hope for the future of this team and some insight to the potential of our players. However, I don't think any of that talent will be put to good use this season given the people coordinating it all. If they played like they did in the 4th quarter of this game for a full game, I would be right with you predicting 10-6...

Lucky
11-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I think you really need to go watch the game.
I couldn't give another Texan fan this advice. He's better off keeping this debacle unseen.

Texecutioner
11-22-2010, 12:06 AM
I now suspect Tkyss just likes attention or being contrary for the sake of it...

You just now figured that out?

houstonspartan
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
You just now figured that out?

LMAO!

To be honest, it took me a while to catch on, too. When he stated last week that Rod Marinelli shouldn't have been fired despite going 0-16, I was pretty much done paying attention to his posts.

Texecutioner
11-22-2010, 12:15 AM
LMAO!

To be honest, it took me a while to catch on, too. When he stated last week that Rod Marinelli shouldn't have been fired despite going 0-16, I was pretty much done paying attention to his posts.

Yeah, that little gem had me chuckling as well.

GuerillaBlack
11-22-2010, 01:07 AM
I think you really need to go watch the game. The score was 23 to 7 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I don't care who we are playing, 7 points through 3 quarters of football is pathetic. It felt a lot like the Cowboys game up to that point. Their defense was much better than the 27 points showed, as most of those can be credited to turnovers by the offense deep in their territory.

The 4th quarter is when the defense woke up, got pressure on Sanchez to force an INT, Cushing forced a fumble from Greene, and our offense converted 10 points out of those. The defense gave them great field position with a quick stop, which lead to a bad punt by the Jets. The ensuing drive starting near midfield led to a TD. Our defense was giving the offense great opportunities and they were able to score 20 points in the 4th thanks to short fields.

Of course you know how it ended, which is why I say they played 14 minutes of good football. Even still, those 14 minutes give me some hope for the future of this team and some insight to the potential of our players. However, I don't think any of that talent will be put to good use this season given the people coordinating it all. If they played like they did in the 4th quarter of this game for a full game, I would be right with you predicting 10-6...

True, but if you look deeper into it, the defense did stop the Jets offense enough times. The problem was, our offense didn't do anything to capitalize on it. They went three and out, or had very short drives. That only tires our defense even more. You can't expect them to keep stopping the Jets, when they are constantly put back on the field? Once our offense started playing better (in the fourth quarter) and had longer drives, our defense got the rest it needed and came out and played better. Caused two turnovers, with one being in the last two minutes. Our offense couldn't do a damn thing with it, except get the usual field goal.

thunderkyss
11-22-2010, 03:00 AM
True, but if you look deeper into it, the defense did stop the Jets offense enough times. The problem was, our offense didn't do anything to capitalize on it. They went three and out, or had very short drives. That only tires our defense even more. You can't expect them to keep stopping the Jets, when they are constantly put back on the field? Once our offense started playing better (in the fourth quarter) and had longer drives, our defense got the rest it needed and came out and played better. Caused two turnovers, with one being in the last two minutes. Our offense couldn't do a damn thing with it, except get the usual field goal.

Field goal, punt, punt...... that's the Jets in the 1st Qtr.
punt, punt, punt......... that's us.

we finally score a TD, our defense allows a TD, we then go 3 & out. We hold them to a field goal, we waste 58 seconds, & save a timeout to go into halftime.

We start the second half.... force a long field goal. Our offense comes out, goes 3 & out. Defense allows a TD, offense goes 3 & out. We force them to punt, score is 20-7 Jets.

We fumble the ball. I know it's a fluke, but it's always a fluke.

We're not even in the game, if the defense doesn't step up & play even better...

We never should have been down 20-7.

Corrosion
11-22-2010, 03:26 AM

Pollard had a solid day .... Eugene Wilson and Troy Nolan were both pretty bad Sunday.
Wilson had deep responsibility on the play that got them into scoring range with 10 sec left .... he was out there playin will it go round in circles. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhap_K8X3yM) :smiliepalm:

I believe Nolan had deep responsibility on Santonio Holmes first long TD and took a really shitty angle after being out of position to begin with - What should have been a nice gain turned into a TD because of that.

Anyone on that defense makes a play during that final possession we put the pink soap away for a week at least.

thunderkyss
12-02-2010, 08:25 PM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8674/21151028tdpivsmw.gif

Time to take another sip boys......

drink up.

Malloy
12-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Time to take another sip boys......

drink up.

Yeah baby, I'm all optimism the next 3 hours! :)