PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Playoff dreams?

LikeMike
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Well it seems like the team would have to win almost every game from here on out to make the playoffs, and I just don`t see that happen.

So now what? Keep doing what we`re doing (keep the coaching staff, build through the draft, be calm in free agency)? I don`t think that will work - to me Kubiak and Bush are kinda like Brown was last year - good guys that are in a state where everything goes bad for them and they can`t get themselve out of it. Replacing Brown worked out pretty good, if you can get the right coaches I guess it would work out as well.

And I think its about time to try to get one major free agent in the off season - either a DT or a CB/FS. Building through the draft is fine, but at one point or the other you need that impact player right away - and DTs or CBs need time to develop, and DTs especially are often hit or miss.

IŽd say it`s time for McNair to show, he is ready to do what needs to be done to turn this franchise around.

DerekLee1
11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Well it seems like the team would have to win almost every game from here on out to make the playoffs, and I just don`t see that happen.

So now what? Keep doing what we`re doing (keep the coaching staff, build through the draft, be calm in free agency)? I don`t think that will work - to me Kubiak and Bush are kinda like Brown was last year - good guys that are in a state where everything goes bad for them and they can`t get themselve out of it. Replacing Brown worked out pretty good, if you can get the right coaches I guess it would work out as well.

And I think its about time to try to get one major free agent in the off season - either a DT or a CB/FS. Building through the draft is fine, but at one point or the other you need that impact player right away - and DTs or CBs need time to develop, and DTs especially are often hit or miss.

IŽd say it`s time for McNair to show, he is ready to do what needs to be done to turn this franchise around.

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? I don't know that they can win another f'ing GAME!!

Norg
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Playooffffffffffffffsssss playooofffssssssssssssssssss

drewmar74
11-21-2010, 03:37 PM
http://couchgroove.webs.com/mora.jpg

This guy can't believe you even mentioned playoffs.

MannyFresh
11-21-2010, 03:39 PM
oh yeah, big time "BUh Bye"...

gafftop
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Those dreams were popped after the Indy loss.
Both sides of the ball have gotten WORSE.
Guess what Texans that is what happens when you do NOTHING to improve yourself. Especially when you don't know what talent is. If you did you would have done something to get some in FA.

Showtime100
LOL!!!

:popcorn:

Malloy
I have playoff dreams.

Playoff hopes on the other hand... not so much...

stingray
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
So who do we draft in the first round of the NFL Draft?

drewmar74
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
I have playoff dreams.

Playoff hopes on the other hand... not so much...

And playoff expectations left about 2 weeks ago.

Those are soon to be followed by the inevitable "mathematical elimination."

PockyAF
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
It was over after week 6, when we were getting our asses handed to us, AGAIN, at home. At that point I knew there was no way that we were going anywhere with that POS of a D. It was the first time I was ever bitter after a win.

Any of you who held on to those playoffs dream this year, after that, well I feel really bad for you after these last two weeks.

Honestly, after week 6, If I could just pick any 3 games to win this year it would've been against TENx2 and NYJ. I just hate these damn team so much. Well, these assholes managed to get my hopes up again and break my ****ing heart. So congrats Texans, you're still able to destroy the hopes of even those who've long has given up in this season. I didn't even care about the Jags game; in fact I thought it was hilarious. But this game was just unacceptable.

So, here's to you, Houston Texans; you guys can just go **** yourselves.

Malloy
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
And playoff expectations left about 2 weeks ago.

Those are soon to be followed by the inevitable "mathematical elimination."

When that happens we'll start playing better. I almost cant wait :)

tamericus
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
When that happens we'll start playing better. I almost cant wait :)

Ah yes, the annual late season rally. Where we win the scrub games that don't matter and reach our plateau of 8-8.

Historyhorn
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Is it too early to start talking about who we're going to squander this year's first round pick on. My vote is another TE or a defensive lineman that under-performs.

Oh...while we're at it, why don't we go ahead and win a few games down the stretch to save this staff's jobs and blow our draft position all to hell.

Sounds about par for the course.

Go Texans

Jottoz
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
It was over after week 6, when we were getting our asses handed to us, AGAIN, at home. At that point I knew there was no way that we were going anywhere with that POS of a D. It was the first time I was ever bitter after a win.

Any of you who held on to those playoffs dream this year, after that, well I feel really bad for you after these last two weeks.

Honestly, after week 6, If I could just pick any 3 games to win this year it would've been against TENx2 and NYJ. I just hate these damn team so much. Well, these assholes managed to get my hopes up again and break my ****ing heart. So congrats Texans, you're still able to destroy the hopes of even those who've long has given up in this season. I didn't even care about the Jags game; in fact I thought it was hilarious. But this game was just unacceptable.

So, here's to you, Houston Texans; you guys can just go **** yourselves.

This was a tough season before the 1st game was ever even played!

I can see the forest for the trees......

Not sure about everyone else. Seems like we were supposed to win the Super Bowl with the #1 SOS.

Hmmmm reality would say otherwise!

Norg
11-21-2010, 03:50 PM
So who do we draft in the first round of the NFL Draft?

WE prob just trade up and start to rebuild LOL

Rey
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't expect this team to make the play-offs...

I will be surprised if we get to 9-7....

OzzO
11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
This was a tough season before the 1st game was ever even played!

I can see the forest for the trees......

Not sure about everyone else. Seems like we were supposed to win the Super Bowl with the #1 SOS.

Hmmmm reality would say otherwise!

True, because if the Texans can get to 9 wins with the 15th hardest schedule, or 8 wins with the 8th hardest, or 8 wins with the 16th hardest.....

...ain't no WAY the Texans are gonna get far with the hardest. They shoulda just quit as soon as the schedule came out this year since it's gonna dictate how they play and what their outcome will be.

wagonhed
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Naw, that will happen next week when we score our 7th loss. We could still theoretically make it at 10-6. I just want that 7th loss so the "sunshine club" will stop posting finally. So I can't wait for next week.