PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to get fired, and now

TEXANS84
11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Let's start with David Gibbs or Frank Bush.

BullNation4Life
11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
not gonna happen

CretorFrigg
11-21-2010, 03:16 PM

They should've been fired a LOOOOOONG time ago.

Kimmy
11-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Meet me at McNairs house tonight! Bring signs!

TEXANS84
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't waste the gas money driving down there.

TexanSam
11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
At the very least demoted. make frank bush the waterboy. let someone else call the defense. jesus, it couldn't get any worse.

gwallaia
11-21-2010, 03:22 PM
With the season ending last week, McNair might as well fire the entire defensive staff. It does not matter who they are replaced with. How can keeping them around for the rest of the season help in any way?

MEGA SWATT
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
http://www.caiocacau.com/imagens/mcnair2.jpg

CretorFrigg
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
With the season ending last week, McNair might as well fire the entire defensive staff. It does not matter who they are replaced with. How can keeping them around for the rest of the season help in any way?

Agreed. If anything, that should be a statement to remind the coaching staff/scouting staff/GM that they are responsible for the product on the field.

Texan_Touchdown
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
When the opposing team scores in 55 seconds with no timeouts, and leaves 10 seconds to for the opposing team to cry and as they see the fate in the air wating to be in the arms or the enemy.. Then something needs to be done for this god aweful secondary/defense/team/organization

Norg
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM

:texans: LOL

drewmar74
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
When the opposing team scores in 55 seconds with no timeouts, and leaves 10 seconds to for the opposing team to cry and as they see the fate in the air wating to be in the arms or the enemy.. Then something needs to be done for this god aweful secondary/defense/team/organization

Yeah, but according to Kubiak, Bush is doing a swell job.

BIG TORO
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
If BOB has any respect for his fans he better effen fire somebody!

Hookem Horns
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Defensive staff?? It's the culture of the entire team. They need to replace the ENTIRE staff especially starting with Kubiak. This guy sux as a HC.

Norg
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
LETS FIRE TORO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cut his bull nutzz off

and replace him with a Crazy FIreman fan like the jets have

TEXANS84
11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Defensive staff?? It's the culture of the entire team. They need to replace the ENTIRE staff especially starting with Kubiak. This guy sux as a HC.

But, but, Greg Gumble said Kubiak called "a great game"!

JB
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM
LETS FIRE TORO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cut his bull nutzz off

and replace him with a Crazy FIreman fan like the jets have

That is a neg rep worthy post. :facepalm:

TheRealJoker
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I want a scapegoat!!!

Hookem Horns
11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
But, but, Greg Gumble said Kubiak called "a great game"!

The head coach is responsible for WINNING not "calling a great game", that is for coordinators. Kubiak is nothing but a good OC and a horrible HC.

It's Dom Capers part 2, except this time we went with a OC instead of a DC.

DexmanC
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
The offense doesn't click during a game, until they get down 2 scores
in the 4th quarter.

That same urgency must be maintained THROUGHOUT the entire game.
This team does NOT have a win-at-all-costs mentality, and it has
killed them this season.

Texas T
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
in the 4th quarter.

killed them this season.

Maybe we should tell them that they are late and it's the fourth quarter when they show up...think that might work?

hradhak
11-21-2010, 04:57 PM
How about they play 2 quarters of football before the game starts. That way they'll be "warmed up" for the real game.

TexansSeminole
11-21-2010, 05:09 PM
This loss pissed me off more than any loss. I can't even put into words how I feel.

Kimmy
11-21-2010, 05:12 PM
And ....

Why didn't we take the delay of game penalty and then run the clock down more before kicking the FG?

OH YEAH ... because we have dumbf#ckingcoaches

Pantherstang84
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
And ....

Why didn't we take the delay of game penalty and then run the clock down more before kicking the FG?

I would have taken more than one delay of game penalty if it meant running the clock down.

PockyAF
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM

And mess up our draft position? Passsssed.

Oh, and while we're on that subject. We're at #11 right now. Dallas & Buffalo won today and are on the upswings. Detroit, Cleveland, Minny, and SF momentum is stalled. And Hou & Ten continues to dwindle.

Does anyone remember the TEN @ HOU game in '05? One of the many toilet bowl games that year? Well, guess what, we can relive that moment next week!! Both our team are in shambles.

Too bad we don't have Kris around to shank a 20-something yards FG into the men's room this time around.

Kimmy
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
And messed up our draft position? Passsssed.

Oh, and while we're on that subject. We're at #11 right now. Dallas & Buffalo won today and are on the upswings. Detroit, Cleveland, Minny, and SF momentum is stalled. And Hour & Ten continues to dwindle.

Does anyone remember the TEN @ HOU game in '05? One of the many toilet bowl games that year? Well, guess what, we can relive that moment next week!! Both our team are in shambles.

Too bad we don't have Kris around to shank a 20-something yards FG into the men's room this time around.

Don't think so, VY has been benched today, Collins is still hurt ... we may be able to win this one, but it's just too late ...

Texas T
11-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Don't think so, VY has been benched today, Collins is still hurt ... we may be able to win this one, but it's just too late ...

I don't think so-didn't you hear their new 6th round draft pick is going to the Probowl (after playing us next week).

Kimmy
11-21-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't think so-didn't you hear their new 6th round draft pick is going to the Probowl (after playing us next week).

You're probably right ... we make stars out of nonames any given Sunday

JB
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
And ....

If you take the delay of game penalty, the clock does not start until the ball is snapped. They would have gained 1 second.

Hookem Horns
11-22-2010, 12:27 AM

Nice ... this is going on the home page.

Wolf6151
11-22-2010, 12:35 AM

Frank Bush. I'm not saying that Gibbs doesn't deserve to go as well but firing Bush will send a bigger message and there's alot more wrong with our defense than just the weak secondary.

Norg
11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
its two ways here people

SO lets

CUT Mcain sorry kid uze a BUST

Trade mario for a 2nd round pick becasue thats prob all we getting for this scrub

Cut Shaun COdy journeyman scrub

Start Barber mcmanis troy nolan anybody u can find off da streets instead of Mcain

SLide in Mitchell in DT and draft or get another DE to replace mario

Brisco_County
11-22-2010, 01:04 AM
No one is getting fired right now. Bush and Gibbs are married to this coaching staff, which will be purged at the end of the year.

machineo
11-22-2010, 05:15 AM
in the 4th quarter.

Averaging 8 points in the first half. Getting down by 2 scores seems to be part of the gameplan.

thunderkyss
11-22-2010, 07:05 AM
At the very least demoted. make frank bush the waterboy. let someone else call the defense. jesus, it couldn't get any worse.

So you think it's the calls that are the problem?

I didn't see the game, can you explain to me which calls were so bad?

Maddict5
11-22-2010, 07:12 AM
And ....

haha
smh at the irony

HTown2ATX
11-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Well, looks like Dexman's 1st 12 games counter on his sig will come true if not worse this year.

Could be 4-8 and not even 5-7.

What an effing joke.

l8r kubes

thunderkyss
11-22-2010, 07:43 AM

I agree with this.

I thought it was maturity. But after watching this most recent 4 game losing streak, I think it's a confidence issue.

Watching all the games over the last 4 years, I don't understand how they can not be confident. They've won games, they've lost games, they should know what it takes to win, & that they can win.

But, It's like they get the ball in their hands, or the ball is on the way to them, & they are thinking, "This is it!! I'm going to win the game, all I've got to do is catch the ball (make this first down, cross the goal line, knock the pass down....... whatever)" then the worst thing imaginable happens..... a HB throws an INT, or a non fumbler fumbles, or a sure handed receiver kicks the ball to the opponents, or they knock the hail mary down into a defender's arms for the winning touchdown.

I don't think you have to be a fire breather to be a good coach. Dungy, Belichick, Landry, there are several examples. But this group of young guys need someone to instill confidence in them. I thought that's what Kubiak has been doing, by throwing KJ out there, & having his back and everything.....

But it's the unit.... the unit has no confidence.

TEXANS84
11-22-2010, 07:54 AM
In prevent mode, the deep pass and sidelines are completely eliminated...the 15 yard pass over the middle should be available. I can't for the love of god understand how we let Edwards over the top on a sideline route. THAT is bad coaching...and someone seriously needs to pay for this.

TrueTexanFan
11-22-2010, 07:58 AM
I think the whole Coaching staff should be fired. We have the talent, but we have no guidance.

3rd and Inches
11-22-2010, 08:01 AM
I think the whole Coaching staff should be fired. We have the talent, but we have no guidance.

Oh we have guidance.. it's called "The Blind leading The Blind"..

HOU-TEX
11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure what I'm going to do if Bush is still here next season. It's just flat out sickening.

McCain playing 5-7 yards off the LOS on the goal line?! WTF? I had to rewind and watch again how much fail was involved in just that one play. I'd fire Bush due to that play alone. Even if it wasn't the scheme and the player was just in the wrong spot. It's friggin week 10!

devo-x
11-22-2010, 09:08 AM
David Gibbs (DB coach) since Kubiak has already expressed confidence in Bush

thunderkyss
11-22-2010, 09:22 AM
in the 4th quarter.

killed them this season.

Agreed.

Dread-Head
11-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Cha...your offense scored 28 points yesterday...that's ENOUGH to win in the NFL if you have even a MEDIOCRE defense. Once again...Fire....BUSH!!!! Your defense is ranked 32...of 32! Either the other 31 cats are GENIUSES...or YOU SUCK! Horse whip the muff-hugga...THEN fire his monkey @ss!

Honoring Earl 34
11-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure what I'm going to do if Bush is still here next season. It's just flat out sickening.

McCain playing 5-7 yards off the LOS on the goal line?! WTF? I had to rewind and watch again how much fail was involved in just that one play. I'd fire Bush due to that play alone. Even if it wasn't the scheme and the player was just in the wrong spot. It's friggin week 10!

The Texans need to ban fantasy football in the locker room . It's clear McCain had Edwards and Sanchez .

I'd fire Bush , Gibbs , and ask Rhodes what he could do health wise .

I wonder what ticket holders will do ? What would send a message to Bob ? The whole thing pisses me off because like all of you , I count the days before the draft then to TC and finally the season . I feel like it's another year wasted .

Ole Miss Texan
11-22-2010, 09:39 AM
And ....

haha
smh at the irony
Isn't it great!? There was some caller into the radio show this morning asking why we didn't just take delay of game penalties and run the clock out to win.

:facepalm:

Chance_C
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
What really sucks is that we might not even get to play meaningful football until 2012. Playing out the string starting next week after only week 10. At least last year we had hopes until the end of the year.

Mr. Texan
11-22-2010, 10:52 AM
if the cowboys finish with a better record than the texans..............:kitten:

Blake
11-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Good post. What is the common theme with our defense? Player development regression? 80% of our D talent gets worse in year 2 and 3. Pollard and Quin are just the latest examples.

Blake
11-22-2010, 10:56 AM
if the cowboys finish with a better record than the texans..............:kitten:

Just like last year with the Titans almost matching us. I have no reason to believe the Texans will win more than the cowboys when it is all said and done.

HOU-TEX
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Can anyone tell me why one of our safety's was playing deep center on the pass to Edwards? There wasn't a WR within 20 yards of him, yet he never made a move to the outside until the ball was thrown.

Do you think it was scheme? Or was it a blown assignment by the player? To me, it falls on the coach either way, but I was just curious.

Texanmike02
11-22-2010, 11:49 AM

As a fan which was more painful to watch. The slant run in front of him or the fade run behind him? Might be part of the delima the coach faces. Its like we played back the first td and so Sanchez was like "play off him and I'll make you pay". So we tried playing up... and Sanchez was like "Play up and I'll make you pay". I think Bush walked out of the Stadium last night thinking "Dammit. I have crappy players, either way they will make me pay".

Mike

HardKnockTexan
11-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Can anyone tell me why one of our safety's was playing deep center on the pass to Edwards? There wasn't a WR within 20 yards of him, yet he never made a move to the outside until the ball was thrown.

Do you think it was scheme? Or was it a blown assignment by the player? To me, it falls on the coach either way, but I was just curious.

I don't have access to game tape or know exactly what was called but the job of the CB on plays like that is to not let the WR get to the side line. The only thing that can beat us is a long completion where the WR gets out of bounds. The CB missed the initial bump and wasn't able to run with the WR. The Texans safety was playing the middle of the field because that's where the WR should of been routed to. It should of never come down to a long pass down the sideline.

Mr teX
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Looked like cover 2 in which case the safety has deep half. In that regard, whomever quinn was holding ran a streak-like pattern in the gap of the coverage & of course, had quinn dead to rights. It looks like Wilson was cheating to quinn b/c he saw quinn burned. So when Sanchez rocketed the 40 yard bomb behind wilson to edwards, Wilson was just a step too late b/c he had to reverse & go back.

Truthfully, we can't put it on Allen..he's only been here 2 weeks & doesn't know our "scheme":smiliepalm:. It's all on our veteran FS Wilson...He's got to squeeze that down a bit more & make sanchez question whether he wants to throw that ball.

HardKnockTexan
11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Looked like cover 2 in which case the safety has deep half. In that regard, whomever quinn was holding ran a streak-like pattern in the gap of the coverage & of course, had quinn dead to rights. It looks like Wilson was cheating to quinn b/c he saw quinn burned. So when Sanchez rocketed the 40 yard bomb behind wilson to edwards, Wilson was just a step too late b/c he had to reverse & go back.

Truthfully, we can't put it on Allen..he's only been here 2 weeks & doesn't know our "scheme":smiliepalm:. It's all on our veteran FS Wilson...He's got to squeeze that down a bit more & make sanchez question whether he wants to throw that ball.

That's BS. It stars with the corner. The basic fundamentals of the CB position tell you that if the other team has to get out of bounds to stop the clock DO NOT let the WR beat you on the outside. Wilson was playing the middle of the field because that's where the threat SHOULD of been.

Mr teX
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
That's BS. It stars with the corner. The basic fundamentals of the CB position tell you that if the other team has to get out of bounds to stop the clock DO NOT let the WR beat you on the outside. Wilson was playing the middle of the field because that's where the threat SHOULD of been.

They were in some kind of zone in which case Allen expected help over the top that Wilson didn't provide. Even with Allen letting him get outside, had wilson been in position to squeeze the window in which to throw through, there is no play to be made over there b/c the safety is there to break it up. Bottom line, he shouldv'e been playing honest. Allen screwed up but i put that play more on wilson b/c safties are supposed to be erasers..& he's too slow to get over there & erase any mistakes by a cb.......much less a guy that had only been in a texans uni for 2 weeks.

Blake
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Cha...your offense scored 28 points yesterday...that's ENOUGH to win in the NFL if you have even a MEDIOCRE defense. Once again...Fire....BUSH!!!! Your defense is ranked 32...of 32! Either the other 31 cats are GENIUSES...or YOU SUCK! Horse whip the muff-hugga...THEN fire his monkey @ss!

That sounds racist!!!!!

But I agree. He has shown that over 2 seasons he doesnt have what it takes to be a quality DC.

Ole Miss Texan
11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
The play has to go to the sideline, they had no timeouts. The corners should have forced the wideouts inside. I would have preferred the safeties playing closer to the sidelines too. That's where the play had to go, especially such a deep throw. I'd rather a S be in position on the outside and cut inside to follow a WR than a S be in the middle of the field and have to cut outside.

If Wilson was playing more to the outside, Edwards wouldn't have made the catch. That's where Wilson should have been.

Had Edwards cut inside where there was "more of an opening" because Wilson wasn't there, we would have had more players available for the tackle in the middle of the field.

There was 24 seconds left at the start of that play. 16 seconds when Edwards ran out of bounds. If He would have caught in in the middle of the field, the Jets' best case scenario (assuming he didn't score) would be that Edwards immediately went down and we immediately touched him. That would have likely been with 12-13 seconds remaining maximum and the clock still rolling. I don't know if that's enough time for the entire offense to run down the field 45 yards and get the snap off to spike it. Remember they had to score a TD in this scenario and they had no timeouts.

TimeKiller
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Why is Allen playing over guys a little more versed in the system? During crunch time?

But James Casey barely gets a look.

disaacks3
11-22-2010, 12:57 PM
When the opposing team scores in 55 seconds with no timeouts, and leaves 10 seconds to for the opposing team to cry and as they see the fate in the air wating to be in the arms or the enemy.. Then something needs to be done for this god aweful secondary/defense/team/organization That's it in a nutshell. Hail Mary's happen every now and then. There's ZERO reason that a team can drive 90 yards in 45 seconds without the use of timeouts. Somebody needs to be fired ASAP.

Yeah, but according to Kubiak, Bush is doing a swell job. Well, acccording to Kubiak it's all on him anyways.

But, but, Greg Gumble said Kubiak called "a great game"! Gumble would know a gamplan if it fell on him.

In prevent mode, the deep pass and sidelines are completely eliminated...the 15 yard pass over the middle should be available. I can't for the love of god understand how we let Edwards over the top on a sideline route. THAT is bad coaching...and someone seriously needs to pay for this. Two guys blew their coverage and Wilson had his head up his ***.

Dread-Head
11-22-2010, 01:36 PM
That sounds racist!!!!!

But I agree. He has shown that over 2 seasons he doesnt have what it takes to be a quality DC.

:thinking: Is Bush black? Honestly I have no idea what he looks like. I just know he's DC...and SUX at it.

DexmanC
11-22-2010, 01:38 PM
:thinking: Is Bush black? Honestly I have no idea what he looks like. I just know he's DC...and SUX at it.

The favorite codeword for potential racists regarding Frank Bush is "unqualified."

I haven't seen anybody use it, so good job everyone.

:chef:

drewmar74
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Why is Allen playing over guys a little more versed in the system? During crunch time?

But James Casey barely gets a look.

Because Kubiak has to have some players like Casey. That way, at the end of the year, he can look pensive and say "We have some kids like James that I wish we had gotten a little more playing time."

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
It would be kind of cool if our resident Renaissance festival revelers dressed in periodic gear to storm Reliant with pitchforks, torches and cauldrons full of Schaub tears.

DexmanC
11-22-2010, 01:41 PM
I think Kubiak is back, no matter what. He'll just call more of his
buddies, and offspring of buddies, to replace his current inept, inexperienced,
gutless, staff. Houston fans have to FORCE Bob Mcnair to make changes, just
as they did with Carr.

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I think Kubiak is back, no matter what. He'll just call more of his
buddies, and offspring of buddies, to replace his current inept, inexperienced,
gutless, staff.

Those are all code words of a racist

Dread-Head
11-22-2010, 01:43 PM
The favorite codeword for potential racists regarding Frank Bush is "unqualified."

I haven't seen anybody use it, so good job everyone.

:chef:

Oh so he IS black. Okay I'm all for a brotha having a job, but he gave teh Cowgirls their FIRST win of the season and every team the Texans have faced has had RECORD setting offensive days against them. The man's gotta go. Stay black and proud Frank, but baby ya gotsa go. To Quote myself and Texan Bill: "Get the VUGG OUT!"

Dread-Head
11-22-2010, 01:44 PM

YOU'RE a codeword for "racist"!
:jk:

HOU-TEX
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd like to fire myself for falling for the same bullshit year after year.

utahmark
11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't care if he is,
green, red, black, or yellow.
that fool,
has got's to go.

DexmanC
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM

LOL. Good observation.

gwallaia
I don't care if he is,
green, red, black, or yellow.
that fool,
has got's to go.

I draw the line with green people.

Thorn
It's Monday afternoon and no one has been fired yet that I can see. It doesn't suprise me, but it sure doesn't make me happy either.

devo-x
11-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Who was fired today?

Kimmy
11-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Who was fired today?

Brad Childresss .... damn .. wrong team

Koolaid Time
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Who was fired today?

If the Texans pull defeat from the jaws of victory before a Home Crowd next week, McNair will have to fire "someone" if he wants to keep butts in the seats.

Wolf
11-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Sadly the Texan staff is so weak and inexperienced ,I am afraid that they have no one that can step up.
who has been on the staff the longest? Johnny Holland? (defensively)

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Houston fans have to FORCE Bob Mcnair to make changes, just as they did with Carr.

The fans forced Carr to be moved on? Really?

How do you figure that?

JB
11-22-2010, 08:19 PM
The fans forced Carr to be moved on? Really?

How do you figure that?

'Cause surely Uncle Bob reads every post on this MB, and after a year and a half of getting bombed, he catches on to what the fans want and takes appropiate action...

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
'Cause surely Uncle Bob reads every post on this MB

I think folks who do not visit this message board are fans as well.

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I think folks who do not visit this message board are fans as well.

I think fans who do not visit this board are the sensible ones :brickwall:

Kaiser Toro
11-22-2010, 08:30 PM
I think fans who do not visit this board are the sensible ones :brickwall:

Have you listened to a call in show before? The calls range from suicidal to Kevin Bacon's epic first role as Chip.

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Have you listened to a call in show before? The calls range from suicidal to Kevin Bacon's epic first role as Chip.

Radio shows pi$$ me off more than people on here do. Thankfully I only get to hear people whine about the Huskers on local sports talk.