PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska v A&M

kiwitexansfan
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Go Big Red.

All you Kubiak lovin's sons of guns ready to get a good ole mud hole stompin' from the Huskers?

:specnatz:

Dutchrudder
11-18-2010, 05:11 PM
You mean the team that only put up 20 points on Kansas? HAH! Wait till Tannehill gets a crack at you guys. Grey, Swope, Fuller and Nwachacku are gonna make some big plays! Watch out for Miller rushing your QB! :D

You couldn't beat UT at Austin this year, what makes you think you can beat A&M?

Stemp
11-18-2010, 05:29 PM
You mean the team that only put up 20 points on Kansas? HAH! Wait till Tannehill gets a crack at you guys. Grey, Swope, Fuller and Nwachacku are gonna make some big plays! Watch out for Miller rushing your QB! :D

You couldn't beat UT at Austin this year, what makes you think you can beat A&M?

Actually, they lost to Texas AT HOME.

Martinez is nowhere near 100%, so look for the Defense to come after him hard. See Griffin III last weekend.

The question is whether Nebraska can stop the A&M run game up the middle and based on how they've played, its not looking good.

Add in 89K hyped up hungry fans who will be LOUD at Kyle and A&M wins the game by a touchdown.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Go Big Red.

All you Kubiak lovin's sons of guns ready to get a good ole mud hole stompin' from the Huskers?

:specnatz:

Look at you! You've been in corn country for just a few months and you have the lingo down.

Cornhuskers going into Kyle Field two days after Bonfire anniversary? :cutthroat:

That goes for you to Marcie!! ;)

kiwitexansfan
11-18-2010, 07:33 PM

With a defense as good as the Blackshirts 20pts is MORE than enough to beat most anyone. Too bad that the pass is A&M's strength given that your going up against the #1 passing defense in the land.

What makes us think we can beat A&M? Because your A&M :)

Actually, they lost to Texas AT HOME.

Martinez is nowhere near 100%, so look for the Defense to come after him hard. See Griffin III last weekend.

The question is whether Nebraska can stop the A&M run game up the middle and based on how they've played, its not looking good.

Add in 89K hyped up hungry fans who will be LOUD at Kyle and A&M wins the game by a touchdown.

Martinez may not be 100% but thats ok, it might just mean we do what we do best and pound the ball with Helu Jr and Burkhead.

Well it seems like you have uncovered our only weakness, the power running game. If you guys persist with that it could get tight so I'll concede on that point.

Look at you! You've been in corn country for just a few months and you have the lingo down.

Cornhuskers going into Kyle Field two days after Bonfire anniversary? :cutthroat:

That goes for you to Marcie!! ;)

Actually I have been here nearly a year now, got here just before the holiday bowl last year.

I was a blase about the Huskers till I went to Lincoln for a game, that sold me a bit more on the whole thing.

I really started this thread just to poke the bear so to speak but I am confident that we can pull it out on Saturday and sent A&M back to the ranks of the great unwashed errrr I mean unranked.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
With a defense as good as the Blackshirts 20pts is MORE than enough to beat most anyone. Too bad that the pass is A&M's strength given that your going up against the #1 passing defense in the land.

What makes us think we can beat A&M? Because your A&M :)

Martinez may not be 100% but thats ok, it might just mean we do what we do best and pound the ball with Helu Jr and Burkhead.

Well it seems like you have uncovered our only weakness, the power running game. If you guys persist with that it could get tight so I'll concede on that point.

Actually I have been here nearly a year now, got here just before the holiday bowl last year.

I was a blase about the Huskers till I went to Lincoln for a game, that sold me a bit more on the whole thing.

I really started this thread just to poke the bear so to speak but I am confident that we can pull it out on Saturday and sent A&M back to the ranks of the great unwashed errrr I mean unranked.

Wow!! That's right, now that I think about it! Congrats, but are you missing the "Mother Land"?

Anywho, Nebraska's defense is going to focus on stopping the run (C. Gray) which means they're going to leave Fuller in one on one coverage too often. Also, I believe Tannehill will have more bootleg type designed runs... Then factor in Kyle Field and the emotions of today (Bonfire Collapse)..

That said, Nebraska can win the game, but they are not going to provide "a good ole mud hole stompin'!"

Hope Aria and the family is doing well in America's Heartland!

kiwitexansfan
11-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah, we miss NZ. America does our heads in sometimes, totally different to what we are used to.

Nebraska has a very fast defense, running QBs are meat and potatoes to them. Either bring the power running or bring the box of tissues.

As for playing at A&M, the Huskers have been FAR better on the road than at home this year. You'd all have a better chance if you were playing up here.

FirstTexansFan
11-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, we miss NZ. America does our heads in sometimes, totally different to what we are used to.

Nebraska has a very fast defense, running QBs are meat and potatoes to them. Either bring the power running or bring the box of tissues.

As for playing at A&M, the Huskers have been FAR better on the road than at home this year. You'd all have a better chance if you were playing up here.

Well I rarely wager, but on this one Kiwi we'll have to do an avatar bet. My team wins, you gotta wear that beautiful aTm one I'm gonna find for ya, and vice versa if the Huskers pull it off... deal? :)

kiwitexansfan
11-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Well I rarely wager, but on this one Kiwi we'll have to do an avatar bet. My team wins, you gotta wear that beautiful aTm one I'm gonna find for ya, and vice versa if the Huskers pull it off... deal? :)

Sure, why not. I'll wear an Aggie avatar for a week if the Huskers lose.

I can't stand any longer because I'm just so flighty with them.

pbat488
11-18-2010, 08:26 PM

Tannehill isn't a running QB, though he does have great ability to escape from the pocket and every once in a while we'll do a designed run/zone read for him.

Also, as I'm sure Esoom and maybe wolverinefan(?) can attest(other current students at A&M I think, possibly more) the buzz around campus is pretty electric. We're going to be fired up for this one as we're fighting for a chance to make it into the Big 12 title game, however slim it is. I've got tickets for 2nd deck, 3rd row at the 45 yard line, which are PRIMO seats if anyone's ever sat on the student side of Kyle Field, so I'm freaking pumped for this.

Either way, hope to have a great game for a final road sendoff of the Corn, and hopefully both teams bring their A game!

Texan_Bill
11-18-2010, 08:28 PM

I hear you!! I'm sure given your situation, I would be missin' home too. I just hope they're treating y'all well up there! If Marcie is the benchmark, than I'm sure y'all are doing fine and being treated well!

Anywho, the reason I mentioned Tannehill on designed bootleg runs is because it's a misdirection play which works well against aggressive fast defenses. Also, the "peso" defense is designed to stop the spread offense. A&M runs a pro-style offense. This again favors Fuller in the passing game and Tannehill on those misdirection plays. Remember, Tannehill while not the fastest cat in the world was a WR, meaning he can run a little bit.

We'll see. That's why they play the games, no? :)

Texan_Bill
11-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Tannehill isn't a running QB, though he does have great ability to escape from the pocket and every once in a while we'll do a designed run/zone read for him.

Also, as I'm sure Esoom and maybe wolverinefan(?) can attest(other current students at A&M I think, possibly more) the buzz around campus is pretty electric. We're going to be fired up for this one as we're fighting for a chance to make it into the Big 12 title game, however slim it is. I've got tickets for 2nd deck, 3rd row at the 45 yard line, which are PRIMO seats if anyone's ever sat on the student side of Kyle Field, so I'm freaking pumped for this.

Either way, hope to have a great game for a final road sendoff of the Corn, and hopefully both teams bring their A game!

No he's not. Again though, that's because Sherman runs a "Pro-style offense".. I just have a feeling the Aggies are going to mix in a wrinkle. Think Matt Schaub play action pass where he has 20 yards in front of him. Schaub's got all day to throw, Tannehill takes off. Watch! We'll see some of that.

As far as the second bolded part, F that! I hate teams that break-up conferences. See Arkansas and the SWC! ;)

kiwitexansfan
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
I got to tell you the only things that I can tell you about A&M is that they wear some shade of red? Don't they? Kubiak wen't there and their logo is aTm or something.

It should be a great game, maybe even a Big 12 Championship preview if you get one over on us.

Texan_Bill
11-18-2010, 09:14 PM
I got to tell you the only things that I can tell you about A&M is that they wear some shade of red? Don't they? Kubiak wen't there and their logo is aTm or something.

It should be a great game, maybe even a Big 12 Championship preview if you get one over on us.

My little Kiwi friend, you need to work on your "smack". That was pretty weak!! :D There have been plenty of badasses that came from A&M.

It should be a fun game. In any event, pay attention to Kyle Field, the fans, the tradition and the respect that A&M fans have in general. Darryl (aka Double Barrel) mentioned in another thread about how well he and his family was treated while at Kyle Field for his enemy son who plays for another school (I kid, I kid)...

I think it's awesome that you have embraced a bunch of people who are so enthused about husking corn in yet, a year's time. That's awesome!! We however, prefer eating corn. :D

kiwitexansfan
11-19-2010, 09:36 AM
My little Kiwi friend, you need to work on your "smack". That was pretty weak!! :D There have been plenty of badasses that came from A&M.

It should be a fun game. In any event, pay attention to Kyle Field, the fans, the tradition and the respect that A&M fans have in general. Darryl (aka Double Barrel) mentioned in another thread about how well he and his family was treated while at Kyle Field for his enemy son who plays for another school (I kid, I kid)...

I think it's awesome that you have embraced a bunch of people who are so enthused about husking corn in yet, a year's time. That's awesome!! We however, prefer eating corn. :D

Not Smack just an acknowledgement that I have no knowledge about college football outside of my little Husker bubble.

You prefer to eat your corn with Husks on? Well whatever floats your boat I guess.

badboy
11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Someone please post a pm to me after the game on this guy as I will be on vacation week and have other plans for this game time. Thanks!
Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
Height: 6-5. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
5/5/10: Had identical 8.5-TFL, five-sack seasons as a sophomore and junior.

Texan_Bill
11-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Not Smack just an acknowledgement that I have no knowledge about college football outside of my little Husker bubble.

You prefer to eat your corn with Husks on? Well whatever floats your boat I guess.

:lol:

BTW, that "little Husker bubble" is huge. Husker Nation travels and represents very well, no matter where they play.

FirstTexansFan
11-19-2010, 12:07 PM

BTW, that "little Husker bubble" is huge. Husker Nation travels and represents very well, no matter where they play.

They have classy fans as well. Though they'd never field a team if they didn't raid Texas High Schools :)

TexansLucky13
11-19-2010, 12:27 PM
This will be a great game... can't wait.

Texan_Bill
11-19-2010, 01:12 PM
They have classy fans as well. Though they'd never field a team if they didn't raid Texas High Schools :)

Unless you're a Nebraska wide reciever named Niles Paul that has a couple of key dropped passes against Texas.

kiwitexansfan
11-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Unless you're a Nebraska wide reciever named Niles Paul that has a couple of key dropped passes against Texas.

Niles Paul was not a popular man after that effort. He found out that not all Nebraska fans are the greatest fans on the planet.

I've actually not seen anything for Paul to feel he is worth the hype.

Texan_Bill
11-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Niles Paul was not a popular man after that effort. He found out that not all Nebraska fans are the greatest fans on the planet.

I've actually not seen anything for Paul to feel he is worth the hype.

Two dropped TD passes will get you booed or heckled in most places and certainly will prove you to be over-hyped.

pbat488
11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Nothing to do with game other than they got Gameday instead of us... but how stupid is this lol...

Only one end zone will be used for offense Saturday at Wrigley Field for the Illinois-Northwestern game because of safety concerns

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=5824661

kiwitexansfan
11-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Nothing to do with game other than they got Gameday instead of us... but how stupid is this lol...

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=5824661

Saw that on Sportscentre today, talk about great planning and forethought being put into that production.

Your going to wonder if there is only one endzone being used tomorrow too, as the Huskers keep scoring in the A&M one. (Just to relate it back to this thread somehow).

IDEXAN
11-21-2010, 08:19 AM
In town this Thanksgiving week to spend time with friends & family, so got a chance to watch last nights game and I promise you the Aggies had their
12th man working for them full-time and he wasn't in the stands.
If you don't know what I mean by that, let me give you a hint: Cornhuskers had 8 times as many penalities as A&M and 14 times the penalty yardage. Does that help ?

Stemp
11-21-2010, 08:50 AM
I was at the game and Kyle ELECTRIC! Very loud all game long. The 12th Man was definitely a factor in this big win, though the Husker fans will claim its a screw job by the refs. Haven't yet rewatched the game, but the only questionable call IMO was the roughing the passer penalty. Pelini was his own worst enemy by riding the refs all game long. He lost his composure and his team was undisciplined which cost them a lot of penalties.

IDEXAN
11-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I was at the game and Kyle ELECTRIC! Very loud all game long. The 12th Man was definitely a factor in this big win, though the Husker fans will claim its a screw job by the refs. Haven't yet rewatched the game, but the only questionable call IMO was the roughing the passer penalty. Pelini was his own worst enemy by riding the refs all game long. He lost his composure and his team was undisciplined which cost them a lot of penalties.
Remember that flag they threw on the Aggie DB for pass interfearance, then picked up ? It was very late in the game, a very meanful play. Do You honestly think they pick up that flag had it been thrown on a Cornhusker DB ? I think not.
Trust me that was a little kick in the azz to the Cornhuskers, a little good bye gift to them as they exited the Big 12 conference.

Revolution
11-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Remember that flag they threw on the Aggie DB for pass interfearance, then picked up ? It was very late in the game, a very meanful play. Do You honestly think they pick up that flag had it been thrown on a Cornhusker DB ? I think not.
Trust me that was a little kick in the azz to the Cornhuskers, a little good bye gift to them as they exited the Big 12 conference.

They picked up the flag because it was not pass interference. The only bad call was the roughing the passer call. The Huskers played undisciplined football and now are trying to blame the refs.

Revolution
11-21-2010, 09:33 AM

As an old boss would say....Pelini is a mouth breather...

Revolution
11-21-2010, 09:34 AM
In town this Thanksgiving week to spend time with friends & family, so got a chance to watch last nights game and I promise you the Aggies had their
12th man working for them full-time and he wasn't in the stands.
If you don't know what I mean by that, let me give you a hint: Cornhuskers had 8 times as many penalities as A&M and 14 times the penalty yardage. Does that help ?

I watched the game and the Aggies were much more disciplined. Does that help you figure out a few things?

Dan B.
11-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Sometimes Pelini comes across wound up WAY too tight. That has to translate to his team. They come out looking constipated in big games. Need more fiber in their diet.

IDEXAN
11-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I watched the game and the Aggies were much more disciplined. Does that help you figure out a few things?
Perhaps they were more disciplined, but their very good friends wearing the striped-shirts also gave them lots and lots of support.

Pantherstang84
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Perhaps they were more disciplined, but their very good friends wearing the striped-shirts also gave them lots and lots of support.

Blaming officials is weak. If the Cornsuckers were as good as the Omaha folks said they were, this game shouldn't have even been close.

Last night another overrated team got exposed. That's all that happened.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes.... Really, really weak.

Now Nebraska, go run off to the Little 11.... and take that with you!!

IDEXAN
11-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Blaming officials is weak. If the Cornsuckers were as good as the Omaha folks said they were, this game shouldn't have even been close.

Last night another overrated team got exposed. That's all that happened.
I'm pro Aggie football - actually got a couple of Aggies in the family. But I'm obviously not blindly supportive of the the team, maybe Like I am 'bout the Texans.
So anyway if you don't want to recognize that officiating was a factor in last nights games, not a big deal to me. Whatever.

Revolution
11-21-2010, 11:08 AM

Take that weak sauce somewhere else.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Take that weak sauce somewhere else.

I know people in Nebraska / Iowa that wouldn't whine that much.

Much love to Marcie and Kiwi!!

Stemp
11-21-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm pro Aggie football - actually got a couple of Aggies in the family. But I'm obviously not blindly supportive of the the team, maybe Like I am 'bout the Texans.
So anyway if you don't want to recognize that officiating was a factor in last nights games, not a big deal to me. Whatever.

Bad officiating, good officiating and injuries are part of every game.
Last week, A&M had 2 touchdowns called back and were fighting the refs the whole game and STILL found a way to win on the road.

The majority of the calls on Nebrasak were personal fouls, false starts and illegal procedures. That is lack of discipline, NOT a screw job. There was only 1 holding call against the Huskers, which is the weapon of choice for refs and screw jobs.

Ckw
11-21-2010, 11:35 AM

I was at the game and sure the calls helped. But to call it a screw job is asinine. The Aggies just came into the game more composed and under control, and the defense was electric. Hell, just about every time the Nebraska offense had a penalty they continued to drive down the field and get within scoring range. But the Wrecking Crew showed up unlike I have ever seen and were not going to allow them to score a touchdown.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
While I'm not quite ready to call the current defense, the "Wrecking Crew" just yet......... In any event:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/Wrecking-crew.png

GlassHalfFull
11-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I have spent all morning hanging out on texags.com and watching videos from the game.

So excited to see defense back at A&M. Gig'em Aggies!!!!

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I have spent all morning hanging out on texags.com and watching videos from the game.

So excited to see defense back at A&M. Gig'em Aggies!!!!

That's what I told Kiwi last night. A&M knew how good Nebraska's "D" was but Nebraska didn't know how good the Aggies "D" was!!

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 12:03 PM
To be honest your defense is solid but not super great. With Martinez anything less than 100% the Huskers is WEAK.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 12:18 PM
To be honest your defense is solid but not super great. With Martinez anything less than 100% the Huskers is WEAK.

:rolleyes: Whatever!

Stemp
11-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah.. but the fact that one of best RB is out with a broken leg doesn't matter :rolleyes:

Esoom
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
The atmosphere at the game last night was amazing. I have never heard Kyle Field that loud. It wasn't a pretty win, but you take what you can get. Luckily, Taylor Martinez can't do anything but run the football, and the backup is awful.

pbat488
11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Last night was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJKnPLFYmkg

This video was one of the coolest things I've seen at Kyle in my years... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loA9KqKdkgI .. right after the Wrecking Crew shut down Nebraska's last drive people started spontaneously throwing their 12th man towels in the air to celebrate... was crazy being in the stands and looking up and seeing it snow 12th man towels!!

So proud of my team and school for last night, it was insane in there. WHOOP!!!

Dutchrudder
11-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Sadly, many of the posts in this thread disappeared :( Oh well, Aggies pulled out a tough win against the Cornhuskers in what may be their last meeting for a very long time. Grats to the Aggie D for playing a great game! Gig 'em!

Dutchrudder
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
The atmosphere at the game last night was amazing. I have never heard Kyle Field that loud. It wasn't a pretty win, but you take what you can get. Luckily, Taylor Martinez can't do anything but run the football, and the backup is awful.

Cody Green is the backup at Neb. I actually know his sister, who is a Baylor bear, because she was an intern at Chevron a few years ago. At the time, Cody was being recruited by A&M, LSU, OU, Neb and others. He had made a verbal commitment to A&M, but later switched to Nebraska because he didn't care for Mike Sherman. Turns out we didn't miss much :)

Dutchrudder
11-21-2010, 06:35 PM

Nice avatar! Repped! :chickendance:

pbat488
11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Wow, apparently there's a rumor going around that Taylor Martinez quit the Nebraska football team today?!

It's off a highly discredible forum but I've seen it in other forums as well... wonder if any credibility to it..

http://boards.ign.com/college_football/b8546/197806708/p1/?17

Here's Nebraska message board's thread but having trouble getting to site...

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48924-potentially-awful-news-per-rss/page__pid__706314#entry706314

JB
11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow, apparently there's a rumor going around that Taylor Martinez quit the Nebraska football team today?!

It's off a highly discredible forum but I've seen it in other forums as well... wonder if any credibility to it..

http://boards.ign.com/college_football/b8546/197806708/p1/?17

Here's Nebraska message board's thread but having trouble getting to site...

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48924-potentially-awful-news-per-rss/page__pid__706314#entry706314

I haven't seen anything, but I would not be surprised if he was fed up with Pelini's temper...

Showtime100
11-21-2010, 07:34 PM
HEY! What happened to all the posts from last night!! Missing is the posts where I bet Kiwi a zillion dollars the Huskers would lose 9-6. I just hope Kiwi pays up. :D

Kidding all, I know about the server thing.

Pollardized
11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
HEY! What happened to all the posts from last night!! Missing is the posts where I bet Kiwi a zillion dollars the Huskers would lose 9-6. I just hope Kiwi pays up. :D

Kidding all, I know about the sever thing.

I saw the bet you guys made!!!!

You saw mine with him too, right????

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Then you would of seen the post were I left specific instructions on how to collect on the bets.

I would repeat it but I don't want to risk others finding out and getting there first.

Stemp
11-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Then you would of seen the post were I left specific instructions on how to collect on the bets.

I would repeat it but I don't want to risk others finding out and getting there first.

Does it involve magic mushrooms and a white rabbit? Cause I followed those directions and while it was a great trip, I didn't find the million dollars. :boogereater:

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Does it involve magic mushrooms and a white rabbit? Cause I followed those directions and while it was a great trip, I didn't find the million dollars. :boogereater:

He's in freakin' Nebraska... No magic mushrooms and no white rabbits!! :chickendance:

kiwitexansfan
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
He's in freakin' Nebraska... No magic mushrooms and no white rabbits!! :chickendance:

Plenty of corn though.

JB
11-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Plenty of corn though.

Un-shucked...:kitten:

DiapHer
11-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Plenty of corn though.

That is called :money::money: growing along the roads.

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Plenty of corn though.
Right, but not quite the same psychedelic effect. ;)

That is called :money::money: growing along the roads.

I hope enough money that y'all can make another trip down here... OR are y'all gonna go to San Diego?? :foottap:

Stemp
11-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I haven't seen anything, but I would not be surprised if he was fed up with Pelini's temper...

Hmmmm... supposedly confirmed by a grad assistant.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523734-taylor-martinez-quits-the-team

Texan_Bill
11-21-2010, 09:37 PM
My coach is too hard on me! :cry2:

Signed,
The Junction Boys that thinks he's a Puh Cee!!!

sakebomb
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM

I read the penalties were 16 (neb) - 2 (good guys)

I would say five of those were false starts, two for kung fu fighting, and one for intentional grounding. Take those stupidity penalties away and it's only 8 - 2.

I will give you the roughing the passer call. That was weak. That all being said Bo needs to take his meds before a game. Those temper tantrums can't be great for recruiting.

Dutchrudder
11-21-2010, 10:01 PM

You're right, we should be looking for the Emerald City, a talking lion and flying monkeys. Maybe while we're there we get Thorn a heart.

:kitten:

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2010, 07:25 AM
You're right, we should be looking for the Emerald City, a talking lion and flying monkeys. Maybe while we're there we get Thorn a heart.

Or a liver?

Texan_Bill
11-22-2010, 07:57 AM

Or a liver?

keyser
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
OK, a serious question, Texans-related:

I was really impressed by Nebraska's tackling during the game. They seemed to be doing a great job through most of the game at tackling: wrapping people up, making shoestring tackles, taking players down without letting them push forward for 3 extra yards after the tackle started.

I also heard the announcers say that Nebraska had problems earlier in the year with poor tackling. So, they seem to have made a dramatic improvement.

What I'd like to know is (if anyone knows): was there anything special they did to improve this (e.g. did they just practice, or have a new coach, or what)? And, if so, what would it take to bring this to the Texans?

disaacks3
11-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Pellini will get a "talking to"...

Nebraska chancellor to address Bo Pelini's outbursts at Taylor Martinez, refs
By Cindy Boren
Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini is in a bit of hot water after yelling at freshman quarterback Taylor Martinez (and triggering an internet wave of rumors that Martinez had quit the team) and screaming at officials.

Pelini, whose repeated outbursts were captured on TV and who was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct in the fourth quarter of the Cornhuskers' 9-6 loss to Texas A&M in College Station, Texas, has gotten the collegiate equivalent of a call to the principal's office.

"I think it was very unfortunate," Harvey Perlman, chancellor of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, said, "and I think it's something we'll have to address with Bo." Link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/11/nebraska_chancellor_to_address.html)

Showtime100
11-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Pellini will get a "talking to"...

Link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/11/nebraska_chancellor_to_address.html)

I would imagine the talk will go something like....

"On the record, for shame. Off the record, no shit, right?"

Not in his corner is all but one call was legit IMO.

disaacks3
11-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I would imagine the talk will go something like....

"On the record, for shame. Off the record, no shit, right?"

Not in his corner is all but one call was legit IMO. Agreed, the Roughing call was garbage.

That said, getting in your INJURED QBs face, yelling at him and poking him in the chest certainly won't help your recruiting any.

Ole Miss Texan
11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Well it's a good thing A&M didn't fire Sherman mid season!!!

Dutchrudder
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Agreed, the Roughing call was garbage.

Yeah, it was. It was a ridiculous call, but I kind of wonder if Bo Pelini's attitude throughout the game made his team a target for penalties. He was a loudmouth jackass the whole time. I don't think I have ever seen a coach act like that as much as he did during one game.

That said, getting in your INJURED QBs face, yelling at him and poking him in the chest certainly won't help your recruiting any.

That was weird too. What the hell could he possibly be angry about with Taylor? The guy got stepped on by his own guard on a handoff play. It's not like he was out of position or doing something stupid, like dancing around in the backfield. I don't understand that at all, and the game was only 3-3 at the time.

Stemp
11-22-2010, 04:03 PM
That was weird too. What the hell could he possibly be angry about with Taylor? The guy got stepped on by his own guard on a handoff play. It's not like he was out of position or doing something stupid, like dancing around in the backfield. I don't understand that at all, and the game was only 3-3 at the time.
Rumor is that he texted his Dad when he went back into the locker room. Someone apparently was able able to read his lips when he was caught screaming on the TV.

bah007
11-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Rumor is that he texted his Dad when he went back into the locker room. Someone apparently was able able to read his lips when he was caught screaming on the TV.

I heard this secondhand so take it for what it's worth:

When he was in the locker room he texted his dad and told him that the x rays were negative and that he was fine.

One of the GA's told Pelini that Martinez was texting people while he was in the locker room. That pissed Pelini off (rightfully so), but what the GA didn't tell him was that Martinez only texted his dad to let him know that he was okay.

Dutchrudder
11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I heard this secondhand so take it for what it's worth:

When he was in the locker room he texted his dad and told him that the x rays were negative and that he was fine.

One of the GA's told Pelini that Martinez was texting people while he was in the locker room. That pissed Pelini off (rightfully so), but what the GA didn't tell him was that Martinez only texted his dad to let him know that he was okay.

If he was doing that in the NFL, he gets a $10,000 fine... :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
11-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Who cares about Martinez or Bo Peilini???? The fact is that Texas (and yes, I normally refer to them as TU) went into Nebraska and punked them. Nebraska heads to College Station, Kyle field and gets punked again. Point being, get outta of the Big XII 'cause y'all can't hang with the conference and especially teams from Texas!!!!.

Run away... Run away to another conference....
Break up a conference.... PUH CEES!!! Not not unlike the Arkansas pigs (that effectively broke up the greatest Conference, ever.) The SWC.......

That said, I love Marcie :heart:

Kiwi too, from NZ that adopted Nebraska after finding treatment and support for Aria!!! *Aria is still in my prayers!!*