PDA

View Full Version : Texans add Gordon to practice squad

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Posted by Nick Scurfield on November 17, 2010 – 5:43 pm

The Texans signed defensive tackle Amon Gordon, 29, to their practice squad on Wednesday. They had a spot available after promoting safety Torri Williams to the active roster on Saturday.

Gordon (6-2, 305) was a fifth-round draft pick out of Stanford in 2004 by the Cleveland Browns. He played in six games as a rookie before missing his second season with a knee injury. He spent the 2006 season on the Denver Broncos’ practice squad, then played in four games with the Broncos and one game with the Baltimore Ravens in 2007.

Gordon played in two games with the Tennessee Titans in 2008 after spending much of the season on their practice squad. He bounced around to three other teams before ending up back with the Titans in 2010. He was waived on Nov. 9 after playing in three games this season.LINK (http://blog.houstontexans.com/category/nick-scurfield/)

TheCD
11-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Perhaps he can work his way onto the depth chart and play? The Titans always have a great d-line, so maybe he had some quality coaching there that can translate into solid production here where we are lacking in talent.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Perhaps he can work his way onto the depth chart and play? The Titans always have a great d-line, so maybe he had some quality coaching there that can translate into solid production here where we are lacking in talent.

They better get him in quickly, because after about six months of Texans coaching, he may forget all he was taught. by the Tacks.

Ryan
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
championship!

badboy
11-18-2010, 03:11 PM
And to think I was concerned the Texans would not make any moves o right this floundering ship.

Wolf6151
11-18-2010, 03:18 PM
And to think I was concerned the Texans would not make any moves o right this floundering ship.

^^^^
This

Wow, a 6 yr. veteran practice squad player, this screams championship.

drs23
11-18-2010, 03:30 PM

What about safety Torry Williams being brought up. He can't be any worse than what's being fielded right now.

awtysst
11-18-2010, 03:30 PM
The important piece here is the elevation of SS Torri Williams to the main roster. There are a number of draft guys, like myself, that saw a lot of promise in TW. One of the detriments of Pollard is his coverage skills. TW is not a hard hitter, but has better coverage skills.

painekiller
11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Posted by Nick Scurfield on November 17, 2010 – 5:43 pm

LINK (http://blog.houstontexans.com/category/nick-scurfield/)

how is this guys eligible for the PS?

I thought you could only be on a PS 2 or 3 years.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 08:13 PM
how is this guys eligible for the PS?

I thought you could only be on a PS 2 or 3 years.

PK,

It's a bit confusing. But he has been on only 2 practice squads previously. One full year was knocked out with injury. He has had very short active status stays with multiple teams. Therefore he still fits into the 2] plus 3] criteria below.

NFL RULES FOR PRACTICE SQUAD ELIGIBILITY:

1]Have no prior Accrued Seasons in the NFL (An accrued season is six or more games on the active roster);

2]Have one prior Accrued Season in which the player was on the 45-man active roster for no more than 8 games; and,

3]Have been on the practice squad with a particular team no more than 2 prior seasons unless the team never had their active roster go below 53 players during the two years the player served on the practice squad. If that is the case, the player is eligible for a third practice squad season.

Amazing, but correct!

TimeKiller
11-18-2010, 09:49 PM
TW, the next safety that won't get a chance to play...

JB
11-18-2010, 09:56 PM
TW, the next safety that won't get a chance to play...

He will play...

Special Teams.

Big Lou
11-18-2010, 11:26 PM
The season is saved!!!!

TimeKiller
11-19-2010, 07:29 AM
He will play...

Special Teams.

I dunno, that Antwaan Molden is something special plus he's a 3rd round pick so TW has a way to go before he sees the field

/Kubiak

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 08:21 AM
They better get him in quickly, because after about six months of Texans coaching, he may forget all he was taught. by the Tacks.

I was hoping they picked him up to learn some coaching techniques.....

:kitten:

:smiliedance: