PDA

View Full Version : Overheard in the tunnels

houstonspartan
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
I have to share this story.

I was getting coffee in the tunnels, and I was walking past two older black ladies. It appeared they were talking very seriously about something very personal.

As I walked past them, I heard the conversation:

"And GIRL, instead of just catching the ball, he tried to knock it away!! And he knocked it away to a player on the other team! I guess he thought he was playing volleyball or something!!"

The other lady responded:

"What? No he didn't???"

I looked at them, laughed, and said: "Let's not relive that moment."

They both burst out laughing.

It's going to be a while before the Jacksonville game is forgotten.

Ole Miss Texan
11-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Hahaha, that's really funny. :lol:

Yankee_In_TX
11-17-2010, 04:20 PM
I was in a legal proceeding today where the Texans were discuss on the record. I should order a transcript :)

Thorn
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
That's going to be replayed for years now. It will end up on a NFLN Top Ten show of some sort, like the Oilers/Buffalo playoff game. We always seem to get screwed on those shows.

m5kwatts
11-17-2010, 04:28 PM
The Chris Brown interception to the Immaculate Deflection.....tune in to next season's Jacksonville game to see what new twisted and demented way God decides to torture Texans fans!

ThaShark316
11-17-2010, 04:29 PM
That hail mary will be the equivalent of the Browns/Saints hail mary.

Talked about a little on top plays lists, but hardly "over the top" memorable.

Ole Miss Texan
11-17-2010, 04:32 PM
That hail mary will be the equivalent of the Browns/Saints hail mary.

Talked about a little on top plays lists, but hardly "over the top" memorable.

Particularly since it's likely that neither team will even make the playoffs.

Dutchrudder
11-17-2010, 04:33 PM
The Chris Brown interception to the Immaculate Deflection.....tune in to next season's Jacksonville game to see what new twisted and demented way God decides to torture Texans fans!

A preview of next year.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nr9hjssWwM)

ThaShark316
11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Particularly since it's likely that neither team will even make the playoffs.

Exactly.

Now if one makes it:

Jags - "that hail mary was the springboard to a great finish!"

Texans - "they really showed a lot of resolve after that heart breaker in Jacksonville during the regular season"

As a person that wants to be an announcer, I know how these jackasses think. :specnatz:

drewmar74
11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
:wadepalm:

HuttoKarl
11-17-2010, 04:46 PM

I must spread some rep around before giving you any more reppage.

ThaShark316
11-17-2010, 04:48 PM

13-2 record and we win at jax when it doesn't matter in week 17. :fans:

imatexan
11-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Ya it's going to be a long while....until sunday when the Texans either loss again and everyone will be talking about the losing streak and how bad we are or we win and a glimpse of hope is back.

Pantherstang84
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Ya it's going to be a long while....until sunday when the Texans either loss again and everyone will be talking about the losing streak and how bad we are or we win and a glimpse of hope is back.

Well. At least after they lose to the Jets, the annual 4 game losing streak will be over. The only question that will remain is if it will be a 5 game losing streak.

m5kwatts
11-17-2010, 06:48 PM
I must spread some rep around before giving you any more reppage.

Lol I'll keep em coming until then

False Start
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
My Mom is in the hospital, and when I went to visit her, I was sporting my Texans thermal, and hat. The nurse was an older lady, probably in her 70s, and she said "did you see that game Sunday? That was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen."

So yeah, everybody and their Grandma will never forget it. :kubepalm:

MEGA SWATT
11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Rosencopter still takes the cake:wadepalm:

http://www.benkepple.com/Images/sage.jpg

Brisco_County
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Every year, we have one play that epitomizes the entire season.

Hookem Horns
11-18-2010, 12:20 AM
You think that's bad? Ever since I bought tickets to see the Jags/Titans MNF game I have been getting spammed and robo called by the Jags begging me to buy more tickets.

Yesterday I get a call from Florida, I am thinking it is a client ... I answer and it is a recording of the play by play of that damn hail mary play by the Jags radio guys. The message says "see what you missed last Sunday? ... You should have been there blah blah blah" followed by them begging me to buy more tickets.

I say a few colorful words into the phone before hanging up. I can't get rid of those bastards. I am going to have to call because there is no option out.

TexansSeminole
11-18-2010, 12:35 AM
You think that's bad? Ever since I bought tickets to see the Jags/Titans MNF game I have been getting spammed and robo called by the Jags begging me to buy more tickets.

Yesterday I get a call from Florida, I am thinking it is a client ... I answer and it is a recording of the play by play of that damn hail mary play by the Jags radio guys. The message says "see what you missed last Sunday? ... You should have been there blah blah blah" followed by them begging me to buy more tickets.

I say a few colorful words into the phone before hanging up. I can't get rid of those bastards. I am going to have to call because there is no option out.

I GOT THE SAME CALL!!!

I turned to my roommate and go, "It's like they are taunting me".

I bought tickets to a Texans-Jags game 2 years ago and went out there to see it and they still call me!

I think the exact wording was "Don't miss anymore unforgettable moments."

Rep (must spread) for experiencing the same thing I did. I screamed "Stop taunting me" into the phone. I thought I was the only die hard Texan fan that received that call.

Hookem Horns
11-18-2010, 12:43 AM
I GOT THE SAME CALL!!!

I turned to my roommate and go, "It's like they are taunting me".

I bought tickets to a Texans-Jags game 2 years ago and went out there to see it and they still call me!

I think the exact wording was "Don't miss anymore unforgettable moments."

Rep (must spread) for experiencing the same thing I did. I screamed "Stop taunting me" into the phone. I thought I was the only die hard Texan fan that received that call.

LOL, yeah that was the call. OMG ... I just realized you said you bought those tickets 2 years ago. There has to be a way to get off of their list. My brother in law was complaining about the same thing since he bought Jags tix to see his Eagles. I think they even called him when I was out there right before they started calling me.