HOU-TEX
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
He has a bursa sac in his knee. Kubiak expects him back tomorrow. Per 610 flash

ThaShark316
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Good info, thanks dude.

JB
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Whew, I saw this and thought shoulder. I'm more comfortable with him coming back from the knee

El Tejano
11-17-2010, 01:24 PM
And people on here thought he had no sac at all.

drewmar74
11-17-2010, 02:06 PM
I hope it doesn't impact what little mobility he has. I doubt that his pocket will be real clean this weekend....

FirstTexansFan
11-17-2010, 02:08 PM
And people on here thought he had no sac at all.

Now THAT'S funny :) +1 rep

MightyTExan
11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm not CnD, but his bursa sac is probably infected. Whose in the mood for Leinhart?

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
I hope it doesn't impact what little mobility he has. I doubt that his pocket will be real clean this weekend....

If you remember, he had a minor ankle sprain the last game..... they threw out half the play book, no roll outs, no bootlegs...

it's going to be ugly.

axman40
11-17-2010, 02:27 PM
If you remember, he had a minor ankle sprain the last game..... they threw out half the play book, no roll outs, no bootlegs...

it's going to be ugly.
Bring on Matty Lite!
:fans:

badboy
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm not CnD, but his bursa sac is probably infected. Whose in the mood for Leinhart?Yeah, let's showcase him for the team who will sign him in free agency. I know we really helped McNabb get a really good extension.

awtysst
11-17-2010, 02:29 PM
If the guy is going to get destroyed anyway, why not sit Schaub for the game and let him heal. Throw Leinart to the wolves. He is not supposed to be the starter going forward anyway. Better to throw a backup to the wolves than a dinged up starter.

Mr. White
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm not CnD, but his bursa sac is probably infected. Whose in the mood for Leinhart?

Leinart's still the number 3. We won't see him until Orlovsky gets pulled from a game or gets hurt.

Thorn
11-17-2010, 02:32 PM
If the guy is going to get destroyed anyway, why not sit Schaub for the game and let him heal. Throw Leinart to the wolves. He is not supposed to be the starter going forward anyway. Better to throw a backup to the wolves than a dinged up starter.

Let's sit Schaub and AJ both, and just let them heal. We got a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game anyway, why risk a more serious injury for two such important players?

We ain't doing **** this year now, so it's time to play the backups anyway to see what they got.

MightyTExan
11-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Leinart's still the number 3. We won't see him until Orlovsky gets pulled from a game or gets hurt.

LOL, I forgot about DanO.

Ole Miss Texan
11-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Or runs out of the back of the endzone...

JB
11-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I can see it now. Ready made excuse for Kubiak. Top player on offense hurt basically all year. Miss one top defender for 4 games. Miss your defensive captain most of the year. Stud DE playing hurt most of the year.

And to top it off, the starting QB gets hurt and can't play at his normal level.

C'mon Bob, you know it ain't his fault...:wadepalm:

El Tejano
11-17-2010, 02:50 PM
I can see it now. Ready made excuse for Kubiak. Top player on offense hurt basically all year. Miss one top defender for 4 games. Miss your defensive captain most of the year. Stud DE playing hurt most of the year.

And to top it off, the starting QB gets hurt and can't play at his normal level.

C'mon Bob, you know it ain't his fault...:wadepalm:

But hey, if the starting QB gets hurt, you got your Kubiak scapegoat and then you don't have to go spend big dollars for a real head coach.

Thorn
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
If McNair isn't smart enough to see past that, then we're no better off than we were with the Tennessee Sap Head. And if that's the case, well, I don't even want to think about that. McNair is a smarter man than Bud Adams, he just has to be.

drewmar74
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM

it's going to be ugly.

Yeah. I imagine so.

That second or third free blitzer might be all she wrote.

CloakNNNdagger
11-17-2010, 03:21 PM

Not really a good sign. There are 3 main bursae of the knees. The most commonly affected in a football player would be the the one in front of and behind the patella (knee cap). These bursae sacs that essentially act as lubricants, cushions and gliders (between the soft tissues and patella) for the front of the knee.

They can be caused by direct trauma or to the front of the knee or overuse, thus causing them to inflame, become swollen and very painful. They can be treated with ice, rest, drawing off the fluid that has accumulated from the inflammation (within the sac) and/or injecting steroid (into the sac to decrease the inflammation. These procedures are usually performed in the office.

The second type of bursa problems are caused by infection of the fluid within the bursa. This can be caused by a cut or scratch in the overlying areas........or as a seeding from infection in a totally different part of the body. It may commonly require IV antibiotics and/or surgical drainage. Both of these require in hospital treatment.

Treatment of both types is very dependent on resting/immobilizing the underlying joint and avoiding further trauma to the bursal tissues. Continued movement during the acute inflammatory phase will only aggravate the problem and prolong the recovery and encourage chronicity.

Rest is of utmost importance. They better rest Schaub this Sunday, as this would be a bare minimum for avoiding even greater problems........and he may not be ready after that. Depending on his clinical progress beyond that time should dictate if he should be allowed to return to action, and when. I hope a little more common sense prevails in their decision making compared to what we have seen of late.

kiwitexansfan
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
How encouraging, DanO vs one of the best defenses in the NFL when our whole season relies on our offense being able to make up for the horrific defense we field.

I've got the Jets by 20 if DanO starts.

wagonhed
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Let's sit Schaub and AJ both, and just let them heal. We got a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game anyway, why risk a more serious injury for two such important players?

We ain't doing **** this year now, so it's time to play the backups anyway to see what they got.

I agree with this but it won't happen in a million years.

ChampionTexan
11-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Think of the entertainment value alone that would be brought to this board if either Dan-O or Leinart started the game and the Texans pulled it out.

Pretty much the equivalent of a snowball's chance in Houston of happening, but I think I'll get my popcorn ready just in case.

barrett
11-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Why does everyone think this game is that much of a challenge?

kiwitexansfan
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Why does everyone think this game is that much of a challenge?

Any team with a semblance of an offense is a challenge.

Any team with a good defense is death to our chances.

The Jets have both.

barrett
11-17-2010, 05:04 PM

The Jets have both.

So you feel that a good defense is more detrimental to our chances than a good offense? You don't think that specifically a good passing game is more destructive than a good defense as far as matchups are concerned? You don't feel that the Texans have a better chance against a good defense with a good Texans offense as well as a bad Texans defense against a mediocre run first Jets offense with an inaccurate QB?

I'd say, other than the Jets having a good defense everything else points to things in our favor and I also think it's reasonable to think that the Texans offense has the capability to be better than any defense in the NFL. Whether or not they play up to that capability is a more realistic question.

dream_team
11-17-2010, 06:07 PM

When is throwing a game a good idea? The Jets defense isn't as good as last season. More importantly, no Kris Jenkins to deal with. Combine that with their offense starting to struggle, I'd say we have a chance.

Rey
11-17-2010, 06:12 PM
So you feel that a good defense is more detrimental to our chances than a good offense? You don't think that specifically a good passing game is more destructive than a good defense as far as matchups are concerned? You don't feel that the Texans have a better chance against a good defense with a good Texans offense as well as a bad Texans defense against a mediocre run first Jets offense with an inaccurate QB?

I'd say, other than the Jets having a good defense everything else points to things in our favor and I also think it's reasonable to think that the Texans offense has the capability to be better than any defense in the NFL. Whether or not they play up to that capability is a more realistic question.

The only problem is that the Chiefs offense was categorized the same way before we played them too.

I actually think the Jets offense is better...Well at least their passing game...

David Garard isn't exactly the type of QB to sling it around the yard, but he did that against us too.

Make no mistake about it, the Jets will most likely pass the ball all around the yard on us. I don't see us changing that trend this weekend.

Rey
11-17-2010, 06:25 PM
On the news I think they just said DanO will likely get the start.

CretorFrigg
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM

...and our team is 0-5 when our offense scores less than 30 points.

drs23
11-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Rey, where did you hear that? I just heard on 97.5 that GK said Matt would be back at practice tomorrow and would probably start.

Rey
11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Rey, where did you hear that? I just heard on 97.5 that GK said Matt would be back at practice tomorrow and would probably start.

I'm in another room, but I believe that they said DanO would likely start. Not 100% positive, but I could have sworn that's what I heard.

Then after they said that they interviewed DanO and he was talking about how the team has faith in him because they know how hard he's been working. He said he was ready for the opportunity.

drs23
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Hmmm. It WAS BSPN radio after all. I'm sure you're correct in what you heard. Why else would they be interviewing Wrong Way?

Rey
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Hmmm. It WAS BSPN radio after all. I'm sure you're correct in what you heard. Why else would they be interviewing Wrong Way?

Everything I'm reading says Gary is hopeful that Schaub will be healed in time and should be able to start.

I think that they are probably unsure at this time...I don't think it's set in stone either way...

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 07:05 PM
On 610, they said Schaub was in the Hospital all night, DanO got the starter reps...

Kubiak says if he's healthy, Schaub is starting.

kiwitexansfan
11-17-2010, 08:40 PM

I do believe a good defense hurts our chances more than a good offense.

Any offense, even a bunch of no names can look good/great against our defense.

We need our offense to outscore the opponent because our defense is restricting no one. A good defense makes this task even harder.

drewmar74
11-17-2010, 08:41 PM
On 610, they said Schaub was in the Hospital all night, DanO got the starter reps...

Kubiak says if he's healthy, Schaub is starting.

Sounds like a big "if."

Also, based on what CND said, I sincerely hope they don't rush him back too quickly.

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Sounds like a big "if."

Also, based on what CND said, I sincerely hope they don't rush him back too quickly.

We've run out of time.

We need him to win.

JB
11-17-2010, 09:53 PM
We've run out of time.

We need him to win.

Are you willing to lose him for the season to win this game?

drewmar74
11-17-2010, 09:58 PM

Yeah - I'm hoping Kubiak isn't willing to risk sacrificing Matt for the season to save his arse.

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM

If he was a running back, I would think that risk is there. Rest all week, shoot him up on Sunday.

If we lose the next two, let him rest the remainder of the season.

Brisco_County
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Rest is of utmost importance. They better rest Schaub this Sunday, as this would be a bare minimum for avoiding even greater problems........and he may not be ready after that. Depending on his clinical progress beyond that time should dictate if he should be allowed to return to action, and when. I hope a little more common sense prevails in their decision making compared to what we have seen of late.

Not a good injury for your most important player to have. This took out Marvin Harrison for almost an entire season, and Peyton Manning's bursitis recovery took the entire offseason and some of the regular season.

Schaub will insist on starting though. He and AJ are both the type who can't justify missing a game because of pain. To get them off the field, either something has to be broken, or the team you're playing is the Raiders.

CloakNNNdagger
11-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Since Schaub isn't an RB and that makes it OK to throw him out there Sunday, I strongly suggest that instead of going for another DL, we start thinking of looking for a QB with a bum knee that we can steal in the 1st round of next year's draft. Then we'll be able to maintain continuity and won't have to end up changing our whole system.

Norg
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Teh F is a bursa sac ???? is that what kobe had were he just Drained his knee ????????????

Texanmike02
11-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I wonder if this has been an ongoing problem for Matt. During the Giants game he got hit low and in the front of the knee... and it left him with a noticeable limp for several series. I wonder if this has anything to do with that?

Mike

BullNation4Life
11-17-2010, 11:55 PM
I wonder if this has been an ongoing problem for Matt. During the Giants game he got hit low and in the front of the knee... and it left him with a noticeable limp for several series. I wonder if this has anything to do with that?

Mike

Actually I remember that it was the KC game and it was Tamba Hali that did it, came in low right when Schaub threw the ball and Schaub kept hobbling around. I remember becasue I was pissed that Hali didn't get a 15 yard personal foul for hitting a QB below the waist, anybody remember the Bernard Pollard rule that was put in after Pollard tore up the NFL Golden Boy Tom Brady's knee couple of years ago that a defender could not tackle or lunge at the QB's legs?

TheMatrix31
11-18-2010, 04:13 AM

I am. I've wanted blood from the Jets since we got worked in Week 1 last year, and with all of Rex Ryan's fat **** jibber-jabber, and then them sneaking in over us only because the Colts and Bengals laid down.

If the season is all over as everyone thinks it is, then we go out there and win this one at least then forget about the rest.

Malloy
11-18-2010, 05:25 AM
If the season is all over as everyone thinks it is, then we go out there and win this one at least then forget about the rest.

It ain't over till it's over, this 'all in, I'm buggered'-attitude REALLY rubs me the wrong way!

Is it over, no, are we screwed, yes. We need to keep calm until it's _really_ over.

BullNation4Life
11-18-2010, 06:39 AM
It ain't over till it's over, this 'all in, I'm buggered'-attitude REALLY rubs me the wrong way!

Is it over, no, are we screwed, yes. We need to keep calm until it's _really_ over.

as much as I admire your positive outlook, man it is over. Texans play nothing but playoff contenders until week 16 when they face Denver, and I can't say with confidence that Denver won't do to the Texans what they did to KC, and yes the Titans are a playoff contender until they are completely knocked out.

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets
Ravens
Titans/squared ( this would mean twice)
Eagles with probably the hottest QB in the league and Vick isn't showing signs of slowing down. Fact in point, he is showing signs of being an elite QB now...

that fat ***** ain't singing yet, but she is warming up fast....

Hardcore Texan
11-18-2010, 07:12 AM

The Jets have both.

So you're telling me there's a chance....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2085/2079118961_08150e7b12_m.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 07:46 AM
I wonder if this has been an ongoing problem for Matt. During the Giants game he got hit low and in the front of the knee... and it left him with a noticeable limp for several series. I wonder if this has anything to do with that.

A direct blow to the knee cap is classic. But on any number of plays where Schaub may have fallen to his knees (knee first) could have caused the same....................

http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/11/02/13774569/260xStory.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/michael_silver/06/08/texans/p1_carr_getty.jpg

..................or actually slowly getting up after a hit, after taking a few "steps" on his knees before becoming fully upright.

Bursitis of the knee actually carries a nickname of "HOUSE MAID'S SYNDROME" with its characteristic moving around on the knees. This problem is especially common in other professions such as wrestlers, mechanics, floor tile layers..............and prostitution (usually associated with carpet burns).

silvrhand
11-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Bursitis of the knee actually carries a nickname of "HOUSE MAID'S SYNDROME" with its characteristic moving around on the knees. This problem is especially common in other professions such as wrestlers, mechanics, floor tile layers..............and prostitution (usually associated with carpet burns).

I had this from a shot in the knee during my senior year in High School it sucks you basically walk around with a ice pack on your knee hoping the swelling goes down, then you go in they stick a nice needle in your knee and drain off the interesting color fluid. Took weeks for it to get right..

I would guess Matt will likely start he'll get a shot before game to starve off the swelling and then afterwards his knee will look like the stay puff marshmallow man.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Since Schaub isn't an RB and that makes it OK to throw him out there Sunday, I strongly suggest that instead of going for another DL, we start thinking of looking for a QB with a bum knee that we can steal in the 1st round of next year's draft. Then we'll be able to maintain continuity and won't have to end up changing our whole system.

See.....

Doctor's orders.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 08:23 AM

What he said.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I had this from a shot in the knee during my senior year in High School it sucks you basically walk around with a ice pack on your knee hoping the swelling goes down, then you go in they stick a nice needle in your knee and drain off the interesting color fluid. Took weeks for it to get right..

I would guess Matt will likely start he'll get a shot before game to starve off the swelling and then afterwards his knee will look like the stay puff marshmallow man.

Pretty accurate description.

http://www.healthhype.com/wp-content/uploads/800px-Prepatellar_bursitis-300x199.jpg

drewmar74
11-18-2010, 09:38 AM

http://www.healthhype.com/wp-content/uploads/800px-Prepatellar_bursitis-300x199.jpg

:eek:

Sumbitch!

El Tejano
11-18-2010, 10:15 AM

LOL! Funny how some our willing to throw our franchise QB out like that but wont want the FO to run that kind of risk on a FA or draft pick.

Thorn
11-18-2010, 10:31 AM
LOL! Funny how some our willing to throw our franchise QB out like that but wont want the FO to run that kind of risk on a FA or draft pick.

I still think they should just sit him on the bench this Sunday and let DanO prove or disprove his worth. This season is gone, we need Schaub in good shape for next season, or if you like, the rest of this (worthless) season.

scourge
11-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Schaub playing this weekend is idiotic. I'd rather them just sit him and throw in Dan O or Leinart. Not that I have any faith in them at all, but risking further injury to Schaub is just stupid.

Coaching decisions never cease to amaze me, and just when I thought they'd already hit rock bottom.

Thorn
11-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Schaub playing this weekend is idiotic. I'd rather them just sit him and throw in Dan O or Leinart. Not that I have any faith in them at all, but risking further injury to Schaub is just stupid.

Coaching decisions never cease to amaze me, and just when I thought they'd already hit rock bottom.

Starting Schaub is about our only chance to win this weekend, and Kubiak is trying to save his worthless hide by risking more injury to the franchise QB.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 11:19 AM

El Tejano, I hope you recognized my tongue-in-cheek was in response to TK's post of "If he was a running back, I would think that risk is there."

drewmar74
11-18-2010, 11:23 AM
This thread is depressing.

To counteract this, I'm now pretending he just has a hackey sack problem and that the knee is fine.....

:nolisten:

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 12:03 PM

What?? That's not that bad, I've seen worse. Just put some tape on it...

He'll be all right.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 12:09 PM

We're in the must win part of the season, playing a tough team on the road. Unless you think we can run on the Jets the way we ran on the Colts (wk 1) I want Schaub out there.

If we lose that game, not one person here is going to be like, "Well, Schaub was hurt, what do you expect him to do."

We lose the next 3-4 games with Schaub on the bench it's going to be, "He should have been 6-2 at that point anyway."

Texas T
11-18-2010, 12:12 PM
So does anyone know if he did show for practice today??

Thorn
11-18-2010, 12:13 PM
We're in the must win part of the season, playing a tough team on the road. Unless you think we can run on the Jets the way we ran on the Colts (wk 1) I want Schaub out there.

If we lose that game, not one person here is going to be like, "Well, Schaub was hurt, what do you expect him to do."

We lose the next 3-4 games with Schaub on the bench it's going to be, "He should have been 6-2 at that point anyway."

I guess it kind of depends on your outlook. If you believe that there is still a chance for the Texans to make some noise this season, then you'd want Schaub out there because he is our only chance against the Jets. Our defense isn't going to win it, and neigher is DanO.

If you think the season is already down the drain (like me) then you don't want to risk further injury to the franchise QB by playing him in a game that's probably going to be lost no matter who is the QB.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 12:17 PM
El Tejano, I hope you recognized my tongue-in-cheek was in response to TK's post of "If he was a running back, I would think that risk is there."

Let's say he injured his Bursa sac.... it swole on him, they cut him then drained his knee.... it got infected, he spent the night in the hospital.

Is it not common for players to continue to play with this? Draining the knee periodically?

It's not going to get any better until he sits & rests for weeks.... I understand that, but what are the chances of it getting worse?

It's not like he's a running back, getting 30 carries a game, running hard, and moving piles...... he's a QB, 3 steps, throw.....

He'll probably get hit & knocked down 10 times (okay, against the jets probably 20 times) Most of those hits won't be to the knee or falling on the knee.

I'm not a doctor.... but I'd like to play one on TV.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
If you think the season is already down the drain (like me) then you don't want to risk further injury to the franchise QB by playing him in a game that's probably going to be lost no matter who is the QB.

That is exactly what I would think if Kubiak put DanO in the game.

That is unacceptable.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Let's say he injured his Bursa sac.... it swole on him, they cut him then drained his knee.... it got infected, he spent the night in the hospital.

Is it not common for players to continue to play with this? Draining the knee periodically?

It's not going to get any better until he sits & rests for weeks.... I understand that, but what are the chances of it getting worse?

It's not like he's a running back, getting 30 carries a game, running hard, and moving piles...... he's a QB, 3 steps, throw.....

EDIT: He'll probably get hit & knocked down 10 times (okay, against the jets probably 20 times) Most of those hits won't be to the knee or falling on the knee.

I'm not a doctor.... but I'd like to play one on TV.

I appreciate your take. This morning on 610, a physician said that he'd be surprised if Schaub didn't play on Sunday..........that he guessed that he was kept over night for "observation" and probably had a traumatic bursitis not an infected bursa. It would be EXTREMELY unlikely to admit a patient with traumatic bursitis for observation. Even if fluid were drained by needle (not surgically), this would be an office or a simple ER procedure. As you may notice, Kubiak was quick to say "NO SURGERY." As well you may have noticed that there was no statement as to "NO INFECTION." Infection with overnight IV antibiotics to be continued as oral antibiotics would better explain the hospitalization. A traumatic bursitis can be treated conservatively and with needle aspiration (with recommendation for limited rest and no further acute exposure to continued trauma as it tries to resolve). Continued chronic recurrence of the bursa swelling would eventually lead to surgical excision. An infected bursa, on the other hand, that is not resolved of its infection before further traumatization can lead to more serious consequences and hastened indication for surgery.

Keep in mind, that if a bursa isn't infected, everytime a needle gets stuck into the bursa is an avenue for bacteria to turn a traumatic bursitis into an infected bursa.

Norg
11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
If Matt cant play this is DANO time to step up this is his chance

Either way like TO said this isnt a must win this is a GOTZ to win

we cant lose another game and expect to get into the playoffs 10-6 might not punch your ticket in this year

we got 7 GOtz to wins it is what it is LOL

Norg
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
i sure brett has had this before he would be like just Cut a drain da *****

throw a ice pack on dat thing and lets go :P LOL

Maybe Matt will warrior it up

Kimmy
11-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Maybe he's been down on his knees praying for a better season a lot more than the rest of us LOL

El Tejano
11-18-2010, 01:10 PM

I did.

El Tejano
11-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Maybe he's been down on his knees praying for a better season a lot more than the rest of us LOL

Not more than me LOL!

Malloy
11-18-2010, 01:12 PM
as much as I admire your positive outlook, man it is over. Texans play nothing but playoff contenders until week 16 when they face Denver, and I can't say with confidence that Denver won't do to the Texans what they did to KC, and yes the Titans are a playoff contender until they are completely knocked out.

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets
Ravens
Titans/squared ( this would mean twice)
Eagles with probably the hottest QB in the league and Vick isn't showing signs of slowing down. Fact in point, he is showing signs of being an elite QB now...

It's not so much a positive outlook as it is a question of whether I want the remaining games to have any meaning, and therefore a reason for me to watch em. If it's over and I'm just waiting for the next season, then why watch the games at all?

ChampionTexan
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM

He'll be all right.

Somebody needs to photoshop Schaub's hairline onto that knee.

houstonhurricane
11-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Matt Schaub (bursa sac) returned to practice Thursday after being released from the hospital on Wednesday.

Schaub took roughly half of the reps in the portion of practice open to the media. Coach Gary Kubiak indicated that Schaub is feeling "much better" and will likely start Sunday barring a setback. Rotoworld has Schaub ranked 15th among fantasy QBs this week in a tough matchup at the Jets. Andre Johnson owners can now exhale.

www.rotoworld.com

scourge
11-18-2010, 03:15 PM

It's quotes like this from CND that have me of this opinion...

Treatment of both types is very dependent on resting/immobilizing the underlying joint and avoiding further trauma to the bursal tissues. Continued movement during the acute inflammatory phase will only aggravate the problem and prolong the recovery and encourage chronicity.

Rest is of utmost importance. They better rest Schaub this Sunday, as this would be a bare minimum for avoiding even greater problems........and he may not be ready after that. Depending on his clinical progress beyond that time should dictate if he should be allowed to return to action, and when. I hope a little more common sense prevails in their decision making compared to what we have seen of late. .

If he really is to be our franchise QB for a while, I'd rather him be as healthy as possible. Our defense is what is losing us games. We have to score 30 or more to win. If our defense remembers how to play again I would see how Schaub is doing and if medically the risk/reward is worth it. If we "turn it around" and go 9-7 or maybe a miracle at 10-6, but risk losing Schaub for an even longer stretch around say playoff time or longer... and that's if 10-6 even gets us to the post season.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 03:44 PM
If he really is to be our franchise QB for a while, I'd rather him be as healthy as possible. Our defense is what is losing us games. We have to score 30 or more to win. If our defense remembers how to play again I would see how Schaub is doing and if medically the risk/reward is worth it. If we "turn it around" and go 9-7 or maybe a miracle at 10-6, but risk losing Schaub for an even longer stretch around say playoff time or longer... and that's if 10-6 even gets us to the post season.

I may be among his biggest supporters, but it would be in Kubiak's best interest to make sure he can score 30 points come Sunday.

Mathematically, we can still win the division. The defense may not be helping, but that only more reason to have our best chance to score 30 points on the field.

We can cry about it, or we can score 30 every game.

I don't care for crying.

badboy
11-18-2010, 03:49 PM
At least this does not give the Jets any reason to go harder after Schaub.

scourge
11-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I may be among his biggest supporters, but it would be in Kubiak's best interest to make sure he can score 30 points come Sunday.

Mathematically, we can still win the division. The defense may not be helping, but that only more reason to have our best chance to score 30 points on the field.

We can cry about it, or we can score 30 every game.

I don't care for crying.

Mathematically, we can still end up with the best record in the NFL... :rolleyes:

There's no crying about it. It seems ridiculous to risk further injury to your QB because math says you have a chance of doing something that the odds(math again) are against. Especially if you pull it off just to have the mathematical chance that Schaub worsens or sustains further injury that keeps in out of the playoffs.

I want us to win as bad as anybody, but not at the risk of losing out in the long term team wise or regarding a player's health.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
At least this does not give the Jets any reason to go harder after Schaub.

Come Sunday, just because Schaub CAN play (aspirated and shot up and all) doesn't mean he SHOULD play.

By now, everyone and their grandmother know about Schaub's problem. If you don't think that someone won't be gunning to "accidentally" knock him in the knee or take him to the ground and bring him to his knees..................

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Mathematically, we can still end up with the best record in the NFL... :rolleyes:

There's no crying about it. It seems ridiculous to risk further injury to your QB because math says you have a chance of doing something that the odds(math again) are against.

So why send anyone out there?????? They might get hurt.

They're getting paid a ****load of money because they might get hurt.

It's not like people haven't played with this before. It's not a concussion or something that might get worse because he's playing. It may not heal, it's going to hurt like hell till he rests.... but it's not going to ruin him for life (I don't think so, correct me if I'm wrong CnD)....

Andre's ankle is worse than Schaub's knee.

Dishman
11-18-2010, 06:44 PM

It's not like people haven't played with this before. It's not a concussion or something that might get worse because he's playing. It may not heal, it's going to hurt like hell till he rests.... but it's not going to ruin him for life (I don't think so, correct me if I'm wrong CnD)....

Shutdown both AJ and Schaub then? Shutdown all the starters?

I don't know, but I kind of agree with you that they get paid a ton of money to suck it up and perform. To date AJ has been doing just that. You do have consider diminishing returns at some point, though.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Shutdown both AJ and Schaub then? Shutdown all the starters?

I don't know, but I kind of agree with you that they get paid a ton of money to suck it up and perform. To date AJ has been doing just that. You do have consider diminishing returns at some point, though.

I feel much better with our starter going out there opposed to a guy who hasn't played in a real game in 2 years.

NitroGSXR
11-18-2010, 07:28 PM
I think Schaub's toughness gets a bad rap on account of dirty hits. He'll Favre it up.

CloakNNNdagger
11-18-2010, 07:33 PM

It's not like people haven't played with this before. It's not a concussion or something that might get worse because he's playing.

It definitely can if it is infected and not adequately and/or successfully treated before further traumatized. It could force the surgery issue to remove the bursa. Much less commonly, but more seriously, I've had 2 patients referred to me following gangrene of the soft tissues overlying the knee cap. In one of these cases, the infection had spread into the joint resulting in septic arthritis.

It may not heal, it's going to hurt like hell till he rests.... but it's not going to ruin him for life (I don't think so, correct me if I'm wrong CnD).....

That's a heck of a criteria to use.

And as well as you may believe AJ is playing, his performance this year has been significantly been blunted. I can only imagine what he might be like today, had someone seen fit to give him the proper rest required for healing.

The same people that are upset if a player is sat down, are the people that tend to be upset if that player is not performing to optimum in the future.

Norg
11-18-2010, 10:54 PM
One or two hits from Fat Jenkins and schaub will be out anywayz

if we cant pass protect then The Jets have the ability to Knock out all 3 of our Qb's :(

There have to suit up ol Kubes if that happens

Norg
11-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Let Schaub PLay there is a lockout next year anywayz

Hell he might not even be our QB next year deping on how These last 7 games play out

JB
11-18-2010, 11:15 PM
One or two hits from Fat Jenkins and schaub will be out anywayz

if we cant pass protect then The Jets have the ability to Knock out all 3 of our Qb's :(

There have to suit up ol Kubes if that happens

Jenkins is out for the year!

BullNation4Life
11-19-2010, 10:54 AM

He'll be all right.

He needs to rub some 'Tussen in it. That Tussen cures all...

That or Windex...

CloakNNNdagger
11-21-2010, 10:23 AM
N D Kalu was joking about Schaub's bursa sac problem being nothing to talk about. He couldn't believe what was being made of it. You certainly can play on it with needle drainage of the fluid with some pain killers. But if you land hard on your knee during the game (he doesn't wear a red shirt), it can quickly fill up and inflame, become very painful and severely limit range of motion. If he was incompletely treated for infection (neither confirmed yet or denied) of the bursa and it's still smoldering, the whole knee can blow up with the simple repeated friction motion of the bursa over the knee cap, let alone if he lands hard on his knee and ruptures a pus-filled bursa.

swtbound07
11-21-2010, 10:36 AM
N D Kalu was joking about Schaub's bursa sac problem being nothing to talk about. He couldn't believe what was being made of it. You certainly can play on it with needle drainage of the fluid with some pain killers. But if you land hard on your knee during the game (he doesn't wear a red shirt), it can quickly fill up and inflame, become very painful and severely limit range of motion. If he was incompletely treated for infection (neither confirmed yet or denied) of the bursa and it's still smoldering, the whole knee can blow up with the simple repeated friction motion of the bursa over the knee cap, let alone if he lands hard on his knee and ruptures a pus-filled bursa.

There really isn't much you can't do for an hour on painkillers. Bad thing is, now schaub is going to get sacked because he'll be too stoned to throw the ball. Great.

VTexan
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
There really isn't much you can't do for an hour on painkillers. Bad thing is, now schaub is going to get sacked because he'll be too stoned to throw the ball. Great.

or he'll be amazing because the game will slow down even more for him

amirite?

CloakNNNdagger
11-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Hopefully, he will still be able to remember to which side he is supposed to hand the football off to Arian.:kitten:

CloakNNNdagger
11-21-2010, 12:36 PM
He's been taken to directly on his right injured knee 3 times already.