PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak says on his weekly radio show that Frank Bush "is doing a heck of a job".

HTown2ATX
11-17-2010, 07:10 AM
He also apparently said "he is doing fine". I don't know if anyone else posted this at some point in some other thread, if so, please merge, ignore, whatever.

I just can't believe the idiocy of this situation. I understand he can't come out and blast him. But he could come out and say ANYTHING else but that. He could have Bush's back and do it by saying ANYTHING but that.

WTF man??

The decent into lunacy with this is pathetic.

Anyway, just heard this bit replayed on 610 this morning and it pissed me off. Luckily I am about to get busy at work so I can't rant anymore...

:kubepalm:

Thorn
11-17-2010, 07:24 AM
These times are beginning to remind me the of the last year of Capers and company. At this point there isn't much that Kubiak can say or do that would appease the fans other than leaving, so he's in for a very rough ride as long as he stays.

HuttoKarl
11-17-2010, 07:57 AM
"Heck of a job" means "WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?"

b0ng
11-17-2010, 08:04 AM
I never heard Kubiak blast Richard Smith when he was about to get fired (Or any time Smith deserved it), so I'm not sure why he would start now.

nero THE zero
11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
It doesn't matter. If he'd realized and addressed the DC problem after week 5 or 6, when we still had a chance to make a push, it'd be a different story.

But, now our season's over. It doesn't matter what Kubiak does or says. We're fielding one of the worst defenses in the history of the league, and it should cost him his job.

eriadoc
11-17-2010, 08:12 AM
If by "heck of a job" he means "on pace to be the worst ever", then yeah, I agree.

BigBull17
11-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Heck of a job at getting him fired? I agree.

I never heard Kubiak blast Richard Smith when he was about to get fired (Or any time Smith deserved it), so I'm not sure why he would start now.

And sadly, Frank Bush can't hold Richard Smith's coaching jock strap..

HTown2ATX
11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
And sadly, Frank Bush can't hold Richard Smith's coaching jock strap..

LMAO....so true and :kubepalm:

Ranger Tom
11-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Between Frank Bush and a certain Mr. Brown, I think the phrase "heck of a job" could eventually become a mild curse if it keeps being used this way.

NitroGSXR
11-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't generally wish injury upon somebody but I sure do wish Kubiak would fall down and sprain his tounge.

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Have any of you seen any difference whatsoever in the defense lately?

There have been plenty.

They haven't put it all together yet.... (I'm laughing inside), but they are working & I can see results.

Sunday's pass coverage (though still fail) looked much better than I've seen all year. LBs did much better IMO.

Pass rush was the biggest problem. Garrard had time to make 3 or 4 clear decisions before he "had" to do something (several times). I've never seen it that bad this year.

Usually, it was the secondary killing the pass rush. Against the Jags, it was definitely the pass rush letting the secondary down.

axman40
11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Worst quote ever!

Second Honeymoon
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM

There have been plenty.

They haven't put it all together yet.... (I'm laughing inside), but they are working & I can see results.

Sunday's pass coverage (though still fail) looked much better than I've seen all year. LBs did much better IMO.

Pass rush was the biggest problem. Garrard had time to make 3 or 4 clear decisions before he "had" to do something (several times). I've never seen it that bad this year.

Usually, it was the secondary killing the pass rush. Against the Jags, it was definitely the pass rush letting the secondary down.

is the soap from losing a bet (per the quote) or are you on board with wanting a change up top?

hopefully you have come on board, because this season has been an embarassment

personally, we should be 2-7 right now. we got lucky v. the Chiefs and v. the Redskins. yeah we were unlucky against the Jags but we didn't deserve to win that game. you can't keep falling down 14+ points a game before you wake out of your slumber, Texans.

Bring me Cowher or bring me death...well maybe not death. how about a hangnail and a severe papercut.

m5kwatts
11-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I stopped caring about anything Kubiak says to the media. The man should be judged by what happens on the football field, not by what he says to John McClain and Anna Megan.

HOU-TEX
11-17-2010, 01:13 PM

There have been plenty.

TK, you normally make me laugh, but it's gettin old bro. The defense as a whole sucks.

MightyTExan
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM

There have been plenty.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7093/nouh60.jpg

GuerillaBlack
11-17-2010, 01:33 PM

There have been plenty.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4784/camron.gif

Blake
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Worst quote ever!

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/598/192280-comic_book_guy_13018_large.jpg

badboy
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm trying to not get caught up in comments by players or coaches. Nothing off the field will change until after the season. So play on!

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
is the soap from losing a bet (per the quote) or are you on board with wanting a change up top?

hopefully you have come on board, because this season has been an embarassment

personally, we should be 2-7 right now.

Losing a bet.

But three days later, I'm still not over Sunday's game. I'm trying to be positive over the rest of the season, but they aren't making it easy.

I still believe in this team, & 1 more bad game away from verbally lashing out against this coaching staff.

TK, you normally make me laugh, but it's gettin old bro. The defense as a whole sucks.

True

RTP2110
11-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Just thought about this.

I wonder if Kubiak saying that Bush is doing a heck of a job is an indirect shot at Rick Smith. Maybe it's a subtle way of saying that Bush is doing the best he can with the crappy players Smith has provided him. I don't think Kubiak would base that comment on the team's results so there must be some underlying issues that lead him to believe that Bush is doing good, given the circumstances.

Just a thought.

Runner
11-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Losing a bet.

But three days later, I'm still not over Sunday's game. I'm trying to be positive over the rest of the season, but they aren't making it easy.

You manned up and sported the soap. If I were you, I'd feel free lose it now if you felt like it.

Double Barrel
11-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Reports on NFLN and ESPN is that this defense is on par to be the worst in the history of the NFL. Worse than the 0-16 Lions in 2008!!

So when you're on the very bottom, the only way to go is up!

Mr teX
11-18-2010, 03:28 PM
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4784/camron.gif

LMFAO. that facial expression says it all & i couldn't have expressed my sentiments about that post any better myself. My other thought........ TK, i'm worried about you bro...This "tallest midget" outlook you have is just tired & i'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with you mentally. Its 9 games into the season & no matter how you slice it.......the result is still the same: WE SUCK ON DEFENSE.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 04:09 PM
You manned up and sported the soap. If I were you, I'd feel free lose it now if you felt like it.

Surely it's got to stay till our next game..... that's only right.

Rey
11-18-2010, 04:18 PM

There have been plenty.

TK....Are you really deducing that we are getting better on defense after playing the Jags????

Seriously?

That's like thinking you're on the road to becoming a pimp because the ugliest girl in the room winked at you.

It was the Jags bro....It was the Jags....

Any kind of marginal improvement you think you saw, was probably due to the Jags not being all that great on offense...Going out on a limb with that one....

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 04:25 PM
LMFAO. that facial expression says it all & i couldn't have expressed my sentiments about that post any better myself. My other thought........ TK, i'm worried about you bro...This "tallest midget" outlook you have is just tired & i'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with you mentally. Its 9 games into the season & no matter how you slice it.......the result is still the same: WE SUCK ON DEFENSE.

I can't make out the expression, it's too jerky, too fast.

Tallest midget??

If AJ was out for the season, would you expect us to throw the ball all over the field & score 30 points?

If Schaub was out for a game, would you expect us to throw for 300 yards?

Take Cushing out for 4 games, our only good pass protecting LB. Throw a rookie Corner into the game. What do you expect to happen?

Bring Cushing back, take Demeco out...... what do you expect?

Everything we did last year, imagine for some reason someone decided to castrate that defense, & instead of playing behind the LOS, we're playing 2 yards back.

What do you expect?

We got Pollard playing a 2 deep safety role... what do you expect to happen?

We've still got good players on defense. It's just taking us longer to recover than most any of us expected. Until we do, we need the offense to score 30 points.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
That's like thinking you're on the road to becoming a pimp because the ugliest girl in the room winked at you.

Gotta start somewhere pimp....

Carr Bombed
11-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I can't make out the expression, it's too jerky, too fast.

Tallest midget??

If AJ was out for the season, would you expect us to throw the ball all over the field & score 30 points?

If Schaub was out for a game, would you expect us to throw for 300 yards?

Take Cushing out for 4 games, our only good pass protecting LB. Throw a rookie Corner into the game. What do you expect to happen?

Bring Cushing back, take Demeco out...... what do you expect?

Everything we did last year, imagine for some reason someone decided to castrate that defense, & instead of playing behind the LOS, we're playing 2 yards back.

What do you expect?

We got Pollard playing a 2 deep safety role... what do you expect to happen?

We've still got good players on defense. It's just taking us longer to recover than most any of us expected. Until we do, we need the offense to score 30 points.

For one, I expect the defense to man up when a player goes down with a injury or suspension. That's what good defenses do... This is the NFL, there's no possible way that teams are just going to make it through the season without a couple of key injuries.

Most of your post just sounded like more excuse making. Seriously....yes we've had some blows on defense, but in two back to back games we played against two teams that barely had any offensive starters on the field and their BACKUPS had career days against us.

DexmanC
11-18-2010, 06:21 PM
For one, I expect the defense to man up when a player goes down with a injury or suspension. That's what good defenses do... This is the NFL, there's no possible way that teams are just going to make it through the season without a couple of key injuries.

Most of your post just sounded like more excuse making. Seriously....yes we've had some blows on defense, but in two back to back games we played against two teams that barely had any offensive starters on the field and their BACKUPS had career days against us.

The Colts lost Bob Sanders, and his replacement and Co-Captain Melvin
Bullitt, Gary Brackett was out a few games, and quite a few wide
receivers and running backs. This IS the NFL, and time's up for KubiYAK.

markn
11-18-2010, 06:51 PM
On another radio show (in my mind), the host asked Kubiak a very interesting question.

Host: Hey Gary, how do you spell the name of the city that is home to your Texans team?
Kubiak: H-O-U-S-T-O-N
Host: What about the D?
Kubiak: There's no D in Houston.
Host: There you go listeners, finally he gets it.

I'll get my coat.

ArlingtonTexan
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Just thought about this.

I wonder if Kubiak saying that Bush is doing a heck of a job is an indirect shot at Rick Smith. Maybe it's a subtle way of saying that Bush is doing the best he can with the crappy players Smith has provided him. I don't think Kubiak would base that comment on the team's results so there must be some underlying issues that lead him to believe that Bush is doing good, given the circumstances.

Just a thought.

Not solely picking on you, but this was the last post that I read:

There is nothing beyond Gary Kubiak being a decent human to see here. Why do fans think that a high level respresentative of a company is going to publically do some version of " Ya know I agree, that dude absolutely stinks at his job, but we have not gotten around to firing him yet?" This continues to baffle me. Even after Jerry Jones fired Wade Phillips here, he said nothing publically negative about the guy and really never used the phrase fired. Because we as fans forget that these men are humans and not just football players/coaches does not mean the men who work next to then do.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 07:32 PM

& I expect our offense to man up & put points on the board, keep the chains moving & own the T.O.P. especially against a defense ranked 28th in the NFL.

Keep the other teams offense off the field. More importantly, keep our defense off the field.

not making excuses, we still should have won those games. To allow 400 yards to the Jaguars... inexcusable. To not be able to march down the field with 1:38 to go & score a field goal.... inexcusable. To not run out the clock & go to overtime..... against the 28th ranked defense...... unexcusable.

The offense is worse than we're willing to admit around here.

thunderkyss
11-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Agreed, never said any different.

Maybe you can understand what I'm saying. It doesn't matter if our defense allows 27 points, or 13..... our offense will continue to come up short. IF we hadn't been so far behind, we never would have put up those yards or those points... we'd have bumbled & fumbled our way to another loss.

Let's see them get a lead, then extend it by two scores...... can't say the defense is making it impossible, because the defense has done just that in every game this year, save 3. The offense never took advantage.

Dread-Head
11-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Then he should be BEATEN FOR SPORT! EVERYONE who plays the Texans averages over 400 yards per game! This defense is LAST in the NFL! 32...of 32! It's a vuggin' JOKE! The Texans' next opponent could get an Armenian dairy farmer named Laslo who's never SEEN a football to play QB against the Texans defense and freakin' Laslo would look like Joe Montana in a Superbowl. IF Kubiak doesn't get that he needs to be demoted to OC, let Wade run the Defense and Cower take over the team.

Norg
11-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Thats coach speak

in reality if Bush keeps on this path "MCNAIR" will Fire this so called good job BUSH LOL

Big Lou
11-18-2010, 11:15 PM

I would hate to see a DC that does a bad job in Kubes opinion!!!

Cut Bush loose now, that way he wamy land with a team we play against. Could you imagine Foster and Johnson against a Frank Bush Defense!!!!!

Double Barrel
11-19-2010, 09:39 AM
If Gary Kubiak speaks in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, is it still all on him?

Hervoyel
11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Gary knows, like we all know that at the end of this season there will be changes. I don't think for a second that he doesn't believe that Frank Bush will be relieved of his duties as our DC whether Gary wants it done or not. He's saying what anyone who works for the Texans would say. "Keeps battling, doesn't quit, working hard". Those traits are admirable and someone doing that could be construed as doing a fine job in that respect. The Texans don't make changes during the season if they can possibly prevent it so Frank is doing a "fine job" for the rest of the year whether it's true or not.

He'll be fired after the season because the defense just wasn't getting the job done. It doesn't make sense right up until the moment it does (even if it still doesn't). That's how things work here.

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Gary knows, like we all know that at the end of this season there will be changes. I don't think for a second that he doesn't believe that Frank Bush will be relieved of his duties as our DC whether Gary wants it done or not. He's saying what anyone who works for the Texans would say. "Keeps battling, doesn't quit, working hard". Those traits are admirable and someone doing that could be construed as doing a fine job in that respect. The Texans don't make changes during the season if they can possibly prevent it so Frank is doing a "fine job" for the rest of the year whether it's true or not.

He'll be fired after the season because the defense just wasn't getting the job done. It doesn't make sense right up until the moment it does (even if it still doesn't). That's how things work here.

I don't know about that. I'm sure many want to believe that, but I wouldn't be so sure.

I think Kubiak is the man around here... like Parcells was in Miami. Everything revolves around Kubiak. He's called the head coach, but he's more like the head of football operations.

I'm sure Kubiak empathizes with Frank Bush right now, & probably shoulders some of the blame. If I were him, I would be thinking if we can just start winning, this crap would die down. I think Frank did a heck of a job in 2009, I'm not ready to fire him one year removed, with what he's had to deal with. I don't think he's doing a fine job, I don't think he's doing a heck of a job, I think he's under-performing right now, but the defense looked "fine" before Demeco went down in KC. The defense looked "fine" against Indy. & the defense looked "fine" against San Diego. Not great, not "what I'm looking for" but not "you're soooooooo fired" bad.

He's got seven games to work his way out of a hole (& this is what I'm thinking Gary is thinking (& McNair thinks what Gary tells him to think)), and things are in his favor... we're not playing a lot of offensive powerhouses (like the Jaguars). If we can find a way into the post season, and perform at least average (on defense, we've got to kick ass on offense) & we make a run for the Super Bowl (AFC Championship game appearance)...... Bush isn't going anywhere.

Texanmike02
11-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Yeah but lets be honest. The year the colts won the SB they added mcfarland AND got Sanders back for the playoffs. They went from the worst to one of the best rushing defenses in the league almost over night.

Mike

b0ng
11-19-2010, 02:07 PM
I would hate to see a DC that does a bad job in Kubes opinion!!!

Cut Bush loose now, that way he wamy land with a team we play against. Could you imagine Foster and Johnson against a Frank Bush Defense!!!!!

I don't think you'll ever hear Kubiak throw any of his staff under the proverbial bus. In fact, I'm not sure of any HC that I can think of that throws his coordinators that he hand picked under a bus.

steelbtexan
11-19-2010, 02:12 PM
This team is doing a heck of a job at sucking.

Player-Coaching Staff-Front Office-Ownership etc....

HTown2ATX
11-19-2010, 02:15 PM
I know he couldn't come out and blast his DC. I wouldn't expect that.

I'm just surprised he would say what he did though!!!

I mean, the city is pissed, the team is probably pissed, the owner I hope is pissed........... It just pisses everyone off more when he is trying to sugar coat stuff so blatantly shitty at this point. This is not just a poor choice of words that he had though. IMO it just further demonstrates his decision making.

A "heck of a job"?!?!?!?!??!?! No wonder the national media is laughing at the Texans again as Kubes has solidified them as "joke of the league" status again with comments like this after crap assed after crap assed performances on the field.

Do the Bengals have "Bungles" trade marked from when they used to be beyond awful? Cause this team is about 1 game and another Rosencopter or Hail Garrard away from needing to use that moniker for all that is bad in sports.

W-T-F??

jshabang
11-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Losing a bet.

I still believe in this team, & 1 more bad game away from verbally lashing out against this coaching staff.

True

here we go again TK......u writing checks that aint gonna cash bro.....we gonna hold u to this one as well

Sometimes i look at your post and say...is this guy trying to get us wired up or is he serious LOL

the season is over halfway gone...we are what we are until this team shows us diff LOL hilarious

get me whatever TK is smokin....and quick!!!

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
here we go again TK......u writing checks that aint gonna cash bro.....we gonna hold u to this one as well

damn....... caught me again..

Sometimes i look at your post and say...is this guy trying to get us wired up or is he serious LOL

What I've been trying to do, is find some reason to be positive about our team. I'm a fan of the Houston Texans, I take pride when they do well, my pride is hurt when they don't.

I can't sit here at 4-5 and act like the season is already over. Too much football left.

Imagine you were a boxer, you step into the ring & you do your best. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You've got fans that stand behind you & cheer when things are going good, some cheer & support you when things are going bad. Then there are those that only have good things to say about you when things are going well. They magnify every mistake you make, over-analyze every decision. They question your intelligence, your heart, your ethic, your determination, your spirit.....

I want to be that guy that would support you through & through. I want to be that guy that believes in you. Not just your right hand, or your speed, or your jaw, or your choice in management, trainer, etc...

That's me & the Texans. I'm not happy with mediocrity, I expect a championship contender. Y'all don't need me to point out the obvious, we have enough of that.

I'm a cheerleader, I got my back to the field, oblivious to what's really happening, trying to get the fans excited.

the season is over halfway gone...we are what we are until this team shows us diff LOL hilarious

get me whatever TK is smokin....and quick!!!

Yeah...... me too.

disaacks3
11-19-2010, 03:59 PM
I never heard Kubiak blast Richard Smith when he was about to get fired (Or any time Smith deserved it), so I'm not sure why he would start now. There's a hundred different things he could have said...other than "heck of a job" without blasting him. Once again, that's on him.

Reports on NFLN and ESPN is that this defense is on par to be the worst in the history of the NFL. Worse than the 0-16 Lions in 2008!!

So when you're on the very bottom, the only way to go is up! Why not, they sent the gloves and ball from the Jags Hail Mary to the Hall of Fame. ...If they only had a hall of shame...

receivers and running backs. This IS the NFL, and time's up for KubiYAK. For real. We looked lousy WITH 3 Pro-bowlers out there. Tell me how it's not coaching.

On another radio show (in my mind), the host asked Kubiak a very interesting question.

Host: Hey Gary, how do you spell the name of the city that is home to your Texans team?
Kubiak: H-O-U-S-T-O-N
Host: What about the D?
Kubiak: There's no D in Houston.
Host: There you go listeners, finally he gets it.

I'll get my coat. :spit:

If Gary Kubiak speaks in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, is it still all on him? I hope the tree falls and hits him....and the mime.

Yeah but lets be honest. The year the colts won the SB they added mcfarland AND got Sanders back for the playoffs. They went from the worst to one of the best rushing defenses in the league almost over night.

Mike Right, but they didn't give up 400+ every game leading up till then either.

Revolution
11-19-2010, 04:04 PM
This defense is LAST in the NFL! 32...of 32! It's a vuggin' JOKE!

Actually, Washington is the worst defense in the league after they were Vicked!

So we are number 31!!!! Feel better? Didn't think so....

DexmanC
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
TK's posts just remind me of a woman, who waiting on her ex-boyfriend
to give her ANY reason to drop draws just ONE MORE TIME.

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
TK's posts just remind me of a woman, who waiting on her ex-boyfriend
to give her ANY reason to drop draws just ONE MORE TIME.

You want to suck my what??

Second Honeymoon
11-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Kubiak is standing by his hand-picked DC
I thought his choice of words was peculiar given McNair's use of 'fine job' just days prior

Kubiak is a coach's coach anyway so he would never throw anyone under the bus

He needs to go though
Misjudging down and distance was the last straw
Hopefully the guys can turn it around but it would take a near-miracle at this point

It's all good though TK
Draft talk is right around the corner ;(

drs23
11-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Kubiak is standing by his hand-picked DC
I thought his choice of words was peculiar given McNair's use of 'fine job' just days prior

Kubiak is a coach's coach anyway so he would never throw anyone under the bus

He needs to go though
Misjudging down and distance was the last straw
Hopefully the guys can turn it around but it would take a near-miracle at this point

It's all good though TK
Draft talk is right around the corner ;(

SH, it's where?

Hell, it's going strong right now. Check out the mock draft threads. I'm liking what's being bandied about there now but as we all know, there will be "kids" we've never heard of drafted! :spin:

jshabang
11-20-2010, 02:03 AM
damn....... Caught me again..

What i've been trying to do, is find some reason to be positive about our team. I'm a fan of the houston texans, i take pride when they do well, my pride is hurt when they don't.

I can't sit here at 4-5 and act like the season is already over. Too much football left.

Imagine you were a boxer, you step into the ring & you do your best. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You've got fans that stand behind you & cheer when things are going good, some cheer & support you when things are going bad. Then there are those that only have good things to say about you when things are going well. They magnify every mistake you make, over-analyze every decision. They question your intelligence, your heart, your ethic, your determination, your spirit.....

I want to be that guy that would support you through & through. I want to be that guy that believes in you. Not just your right hand, or your speed, or your jaw, or your choice in management, trainer, etc...

That's me & the texans. I'm not happy with mediocrity, i expect a championship contender. Y'all don't need me to point out the obvious, we have enough of that.

i'm a cheerleader, i got my back to the field, oblivious to what's really happening, trying to get the fans excited.
yeah...... Me too.

lol.....gotta love tk and his post.........i will say one thing.......u go down wit the ship thats for dam sure

no matter what u keep plugging away lol

Devil'sAdvocate
11-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Try to have some perspective on what coaches say publicly.

Kubiak knows he'll lose his current job if things don't turn around. He also knows he will have a job somewhere else next season if doesn't go brain-dead and throw his peers under the bus.

Coaches don't give a shit what fans think of them. Because simply, they don't matter. When a team doesn't play well, for whatever reason, the coach will get fired. That's the way it's always been in the NFL.

But the thing to make note of, is that during this bad season, fellow coaches around the league are closely monitoring what Kubiak is saying, or more likely not saying, regarding his staff. NFL coaches are a pretty close-knit group, and they look very favorably on the ones who handle adversity with grace, and very unfavorably to the finger-pointers.

PockyAF
11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
He also apparently said "he is doing fine".

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/lol.gif

OzzO
11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Interestingly, Johnny Mac mentioned it last year (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6197698.html)- sink or swim with those you select.

I have no idea who Gary Kubiak is going to hire as his second defensive coordinator, but I do know this decision will get him a contract extension or get him fired.

That’s why Kubiak is going to take his time....

....If a head coach is going to get fired, it should be because he made the mistakes when hiring and not because he had assistants forced on him.

One of the biggest mistakes head coaches make is hiring their friends. Friends will get them fired faster than turnovers and penalties.....

...If Kubiak hires an experienced coordinator who runs a 4-3 scheme like Gregg Williams or his protégé, Jerry Gray, both of whom start calling blitzes when they get out of bed, it’ll be exciting. But if he’s going to hire a position coach who’s ready to be a coordinator, I hope he elevates Frank Bush, who has been the Texans’ senior defensive assistant the last two seasons....

...When Kubiak completes his search, if he believes Bush is the best man for the job, then he should hire him.

It’s Kubiak’s job on the line, and he should sink or swim with the coordinator he believes in the most

Man, if he woulda just selected Gregg over his buds....

3rd and Inches
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I just want whatever Kubiak is smoking.

Wolf
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Monday that, when it comes to job security, he doesn't think about himself, but he does worry about his assistant coaches and players.

"I don't worry about myself, but I do worry about them," Kubiak said at his regular Monday news conference.

The Texans have a four-game losing streak after blowing Sunday's game to the New York Jets, 30-27.

"Our job is to win," Kubiak said. "This is difficult on everybody — players, coaches and fans. It's my job to get it fixed. I've got to find a way for us to handle these situations at the end of games."

The Texans couldn't hold a lead and lost 29-23 to San Diego on Nov. 7. They followed that up by giving up a Hail Mary touchdown pass on the last play of the game at Jacksonville last Sunday to lose 31-24. On Sunday, they allowed the Jets to go 72 yards with no timeouts to pull out the victory with 10 seconds remaining, dropping their record to 4-6 going into Sunday's home game against Tennessee.

Kubiak continued to support defensive coordinator Frank Bush. He said Bush would continue to call the defenses.

"I believe in Frank," Kubiak said.

The Texans defense ranks 31st in the league in yards allowed per game with 408.8 yards. Only the Redskins are allowing more yards. The Texans rank last in passing yardage allowed, giving up 301 yards per game. They've also been burned for a league-high 25 passing touchdowns this season.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7306832.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29

basically what was in Kubiaks press conference..

kiwitexansfan
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
"I believe in Frank," Kubiak said.

Also the easter bunny, santa claus and the tooth fairy.

badboy
11-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Also the easter bunny, santa claus and the tooth fairy.Ok, did the coaches coach better or did the players play better? We know the players can beat Colts and should have beaten the Jets. I still think it is on the coaching staff.