PDA

View Full Version : If the ship continues to sink will AJ force a trade?

Big Lou
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I love me some AJ, I was a little upset at the begining of camp, but he returned to humble-force-to-be-reckoned-All-Pro-Super-Stud Andre Johnson after one day.

I hope we don't lose him but he deserves more than the Texans seem to be able offer. I hope he retires a Texan, but I'm not banking on it the way things are going.

This team has enough issues, hopefully losing a #1 WR (#1 on this team, and the NFL!!!) won't be one of them next year!!!!

What say you, will Andre be in a Texans uni next year or will he force some kind of trade. (No Lock Out Talk!!!!!!!)

RTP2110
11-16-2010, 10:10 PM
I voted that he would not because I truly think he would, but because I think he should.

TexanSam
11-16-2010, 10:17 PM
I think it depends on the changes (if any) that would be made. If we go with the status quo next season with Kubiak and Co. then I would not be surprised at all if he demanded to be traded. Might even root for the guy to go somewhere else considering how loyal he's been his entire career with nothing to show for it.

wagonhed
11-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I said Yes. I think he is such a winner that he doesn't want to leave, and I don't think he will try to force a trade - he is loyal. But I hope he does, he deserves it. We don't deserve him on our team unless we replace the entire coaching staff at the end of this season.

wagonhed
11-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I voted that he would not because I truly think he would, but because I think he should.
Oops, looks like you beat me to it.

TheMatrix31
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
No. He's not a primadonna ***** like Terrell Owens or Randy Moss.

If he didn't force a trade by now, he won't.

hot pickle
11-16-2010, 10:34 PM
look what happened in training camp with his contract and how upset he was how is uncle handled it! hes a texan and hes committed to make this team a winner!!! very unselfish player!!! i can maybe see it happening if hes like 35 and hasnt been to the playoffs

Rey
11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
I have no clue.

I don't think he'd make a big fuss about it, but I think that as he gets older he would quietly go to management and ask for a trade.

JB
11-16-2010, 10:38 PM
He would no more force a trade than Earl did...

Lucky
11-16-2010, 11:09 PM
He would no more force a trade than Earl did...
Actually, Earl did ask for a trade to the Saints. Maybe that's what you're implying?

JB
11-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Actually, Earl did ask for a trade to the Saints. Maybe that's what you're implying?

No. He only asked for a trade after Bum went there and Earl was told he was done here, iirc.

The Cush
11-17-2010, 12:01 AM
I dont think he would, otherwise he would have demanded for one by now

Norg
11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
he under a new contract hes not going anywere

unless we get a new regime that deals him in a trade for picks/players or something

imatexan
11-17-2010, 12:44 AM
All you "he deserves it" people, what about us the fans?

Do we not deserve to watch a great player on our team?

Thought so.

DerekLee1
11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
This team is too close to an elite team. We've said that for three years but it's still true. He knows it's a matter of a couple of tweaks here, a coaching change there, and he's in. A trade could mean starting over for him in more than one way. Look at Roy O and Lance B. A trade got them....nothing.

DexmanC
11-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Andre hired Kennard McGuire, who's a very well-respected agent in the
NFL. If Dre wants a trade, he'll get one. If the Texans slide, and
Kubiak's still here, Dre will have no choice BUT to force a trade.

RagingBull
11-17-2010, 01:08 AM
I can see it now... Bob hires Josh McDaniels who comes in and trades AJ, Arian Foster, Demeco, and Mario for a bag of potato chips, a third round draft pick, and a new hoodie.

Brisco_County
11-17-2010, 01:26 AM
Yes, if this team doesn't make the playoffs within two years, and that's only because of the lockout. Most teams would eagerly match McNair's contract.

ThaShark316
11-17-2010, 01:53 AM
All I see is a bunch of people wishing he'd do it.

Retarded ass fanbase.

RTP2110
11-17-2010, 07:37 AM
All I see is a bunch of people wishing he'd do it.

Retarded ass fanbase.

I sure don't "wish" that he would leave. My wish is that he plays 20 seasons, all in Houston. The question was "If the ship continues to sink..." If the Texans actually get worse over the next season or two, then I wouldn't have a problem with him asking for a trade.

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 08:09 AM

I thought he should have got out a couple of years ago, when they asked him to sign that extension. Things weren't looking very good then, and he was standing there with his fingers crossed and a fist full of money.

I believe that was the year the Patriots got Randy Moss..... I'd have been kicking myself in the rear if I were him that year.

If I were Andre & we don't go to the play-offs, I'd want out as well, but after that thing he did with his contract this year (& I think he earned more money, don't get me wrong).. if he asks for a trade, it's going to get ugly. The Texans bent over for Andre, they'll have to show cajones this time.

False Start
11-17-2010, 08:13 AM
I can see it now... Bob hires Josh McDaniels who comes in and trades AJ, Arian Foster, Demeco, and Mario for a bag of potato chips, a third round draft pick, and a new hoodie.

:headhurts:

I really don't think AJ would try and force a trade, but I wouldn't blame him if he did. The guy has been the heart and soul of this team, and it would suck beyond belief. :(

Texas T
11-17-2010, 08:24 AM
I don't think he'd FORCE a trade. That's not the guy he is.
I'm not saying that he wouldn't ask for one if the Texans sink faster than the Titanic, but he wouldn't force their hand.
Actually, he's said many times he wants to stay here and win a championship with the Texans so I'm not so sure that he'd take a trade if it was offered.

Thorn
11-17-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't think AJ is the type to make a huge fuss like that and ask for a trade. I don't think it has anything to do with Houston, which is in the question, I just think AJ is the type of guy that won't make a huge fuss. He'll instead work to help the organization, not hurt it. If AJ was drafted by Atlanta, he'd do the same for them. I think it's just AJ, and not anything to do with Houston per say.

stingray
11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Imagine if he was with the Chargers? The dude would set all kinds of records.

b0ng
11-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Think about it this way, AJ puts up ridiculous numbers in Kubiak's scheme. He was good in that horrible thing we called an "offense", but he didn't start putting up 100+ reception seasons until Kubiak came around (And yes, that was even with Carr throwing him 2 yard outs). He may be fine with Kubiak as a coach because he is prominently featured and is a bona fide superstar with the product Kubiak puts out on the field.

Not saying we should keep Kubiak because players should know that if they aren't playing for championships every year then the coaching staff is probably going to be rotated out every few years. I'm willing to bet it is a lot easier to convince Andre to stay here in Houston when he knows he's going to get the chance to put up 100 reception 1000+ yard seasons year in and year out, as opposed to the offense being terrible all around and him not getting nearly the numbers.

badboy
11-18-2010, 03:38 PM
If AJ were to insist on trade this off season:

Buffalo needs QB and Andrew Luck Stanford QB should not want to play in Buffalo so chooses to remain in school. New CBA lowers rookie deals anyway, so he comes out in 2012. Trades #1 first to Philadelphia for Kevin Kolb who wants to start over Vick. Eagles also kick in #32 pick in first.= Buffalo gets QB Kolb and #32.

Eagles trade #1 from Buffalo, FS Nate Allan, CB Trevor Lindley and 2012 first for AJ.
Draft #1 AJ Green WR
#15 Brandon Harris CB
2nd: Drake Nevis DT
3rd Nathan Enderle QB

Nate Allen becomes FS starter and Lindley replaces Quin