PDA

View Full Version : I think I jinxed the Texans for the season

gg no re
11-16-2010, 03:14 PM
probably shouldn't have said something about Foster and 2,000.

probably.

Ole Miss Texan
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
probably shouldn't have said something about Foster and 2,000.

probably.

Naw that ain't it. He's still the league's leading rusher in yards, TDs and 1st Downs! ;)

houstonspartan
11-16-2010, 03:47 PM
No, it wasn't you. When me and a buddy were walking into Reliant for the Cowboys game, we were discussing - in all seriousness - logistics for the Super Bowl: Whether we would drive up for the entire weekend, just one day, or just the day of the game.

I am convinced that is what did it.

Lesson learned.

Ole Miss Texan
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
No, it wasn't you. When me and a buddy were walking into Reliant for the Cowboys game, we were discussing - in all seriousness - logistics for the Super Bowl: Whether we would drive up for the entire weekend, just one day, or just the day of the game.

Lesson learned.

:kubepalm: "You weren't supposed to tell everyone we were talking about that!" - GK

HTown2ATX
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Lesson learned.

Spartan !!! :kubepalm:

:)

record
11-16-2010, 04:10 PM
No, it was me. I started the Kareem > Dunta post

houstonspartan
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Spartan !!! :kubepalm:

:)

Sigh. I know, I know. I am ashamed.

Ryan
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
soo much facepalm deserved for this one thread.

:facepalm::kubepalm::wadepalm:

badboy
11-16-2010, 04:17 PM

Lesson learned.Texans and Cowboy players are looking for you. Wade Phillips will sit on you. Gary Kubiak will say it is all on him. Texans fans will agree.

Double Barrel
11-16-2010, 04:27 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/115/262213636_a618a509c2.jpg

I'm feeling fairly certain that both of these stadiums were built on some kind of ancient burial grounds.

Consider:

1. The Astros always came up short when they were based out of the Astrodome, but once they moved into their new digs, they go to the WS. Unfortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they got swept in the WS.

2. The Houston Oilers won the first two AFL titles when they were playing at Jeppesen Stadium, but as soon as they moved into the Astrodome, they immediately started building a history of choke. It wasn't until the franchise packed up and moved to Tennessee that they finally made it to the SB. Fortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they came up one yard short.

3. The Houston Texans have had 8.5 seasons of existence on these ancient burial grounds, even going to great lengths to practice at the site, as well. And in 8.5 seasons, they've won more games than they lost once...which is still the sole major highlight of the franchise. Fortunately, the Patriots had already clinched and the Kirby demons were starstruck by how pretty Tom Brady is in person.

4. The Houston Rockets never played in the Astrodome and won back-to-back championships. Fortunately, MJ had some demons to resolve so he was out of the NBA for that period.

We need to exorcise the place. Bring in Father Guido Sarducci, Miss Cleo, whoever, to try to restore peace and balance to that site. Otherwise, expect lots of face palms in our futures.

hobie
11-16-2010, 04:35 PM

I'm feeling fairly certain that both of these stadiums were built on some kind of ancient burial grounds.

Consider:

1. The Astros always came up short when they were based out of the Astrodome, but once they moved into their new digs, they go to the WS. Unfortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they got swept in the WS.

2. The Houston Oilers won the first two AFL titles when they were playing at Jeppesen Stadium, but as soon as they moved into the Astrodome, they immediately started building a history of choke. It wasn't until the franchise packed up and moved to Tennessee that they finally made it to the SB. Fortunately, one of those pesky Kirby demons moved with them and they came up one yard short.

3. The Houston Texans have had 8.5 seasons of existence on these ancient burial grounds, even going to great lengths to practice at the site, as well. And in 8.5 seasons, they've won more games than they lost once...which is still the sole major highlight of the franchise. Fortunately, the Patriots had already clinched and the Kirby demons were starstruck by how pretty Tom Brady is in person.

4. The Houston Rockets never played in the Astrodome and won back-to-back championships. Fortunately, MJ had some demons to resolve so he was out of the NBA for that period.

We need to exorcise the place. Bring in Father Guido Sarducci, Miss Cleo, whoever, to try to restore peace and balance to that site. Otherwise, expect lots of face palms in our futures.

But at least we still have the Rodeo and the BBQ cookoff which has always been a winner !!

:drunk:

JB
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
But at least we still have the Rodeo and the BBQ cookoff which has always been a winner !!

That's cause dead Indians like Rodeo, Beer & BBQ...

Double Barrel
11-16-2010, 04:40 PM

heh, demons like their BBQ! Just don't ask me to ride one of those carnie rides... :scare:

HOU-TEX
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Re: I think I jinxed the Texans for the season

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo66/EcNaMorLAciMehcYmIH/DramaticPrairieDogorChipmunk.gif

FirstTexansFan
11-16-2010, 05:35 PM
That's cause dead Indians like Rodeo, Beer & BBQ...

Pssst, we're Native Americans now :)

VTexan
11-16-2010, 05:42 PM
nono guys...

it was me, i made the 'is there any reason...' thread

ThaShark316
11-16-2010, 05:42 PM

Consider:

Reason #2 to hate this fan base:

Believing in curses.

JB
11-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Pssst, we're Native Americans now :)

I thought we always were... :D

Double Barrel
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Reason #2 to hate this fan base:

Believing in curses.

lol! You do comprehend attempts at humor, yah? Obviously, finding something funny or not is left to individual perception, but understanding that something was written with tongue in cheek should be fairly easy to understand. I thought mentioning Father Guido Sarducci would have been a clue...

I harbor no belief in ancient burial grounds or curses, and my post was perhaps a misguided attempt to bring levity to this so-called "jinx" thread. My apologies that it did not live up to your apparently high standards for humor or played into your hatred of a fan base.

But feel free to continue to hate an entire fan base because of your generalized perceptions. It's not my cross to bear. Haters gotta' hate, I guess.

:ohsnap:

ThaShark316
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
lol! You do comprehend attempts at humor, yah? Obviously, finding something funny or not is left to individual perception, but understanding that something was written with tongue in cheek should be fairly easy to understand. I thought mentioning Father Guido Sarducci would have been a clue...

I harbor no belief in ancient burial grounds or curses, and my post was perhaps a misguided attempt to bring levity to this so-called "jinx" thread. My apologies that it did not live up to your apparently high standards for humor or played into your hatred of a fan base.

But feel free to continue to hate an entire fan base because of your generalized perceptions. It's not my cross to bear. Haters gotta' hate, I guess.

:ohsnap:

oh nah my sarcasm meter went off with the post you made haha.

Giant Tiger
11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
A friend of mine got me a coffee mug that says "Life's too short not to live it as a Texan" just before game 3. So far the Texans are 2-0 when I don't use it & 0-5 when I use it the morning of a game. I thought it was just a coincidence until last Sunday... I won't be using it again until the season ends.