PDA

View Full Version : The Texans might beat the Jets

Blake
11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I think the losses this year have made me a little loopy or delusional. I keep having these thoughts that maybe, just maybe the Texans can put it together after a faith rattling loss this past Sunday to the Jaguars and defeat the Jets.

Yes, the Jets, and yes, it is in the Meadowlands. That spells disaster in any language. But I think everyone can agree that this team is talented. Maybe not one of the most talented in the league, but whenever you field Schaub, AJ, Foster, Walter, Cushing, Mario and A. Smith you have a fighters chance, and anything can happen.

I have had an L for this game since the Schedule came out. And you cant blame me. We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change. Our coaching style, schemes, execution from players and that they need to fight tooth and nail to get the job done to get us back on track to a 10 win season and into the playoffs.

I know this is off the wall for me, and probably a pipe dream, but its all i've got for this season. This will be my one and only Texans/Kubiak sunshine club post this year if we lose. In turn you can effectively spend that money you are saving for playoff tickets if they lose this week. The deck is stacked against us, and it wont be an easy task. But nothing in life worth achieving is easy to obtain.

gary
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Rex will have his team ready to go for an AFC matchup.

HuttoKarl
11-16-2010, 11:40 AM
I won't be holding my breath waiting for a victory that would require our secondary to cover Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery.

We made Ajirotutu look like a Hall of Famer.

Texas T
11-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I think the losses this year have made me a little loopy or delusional. I keep having these thoughts that maybe, just maybe the Texans can put it together after a faith rattling loss this past Sunday to the Jaguars and defeat the Jets.

Yes, the Jets, and yes, it is in the Meadowlands. That spells disaster in any language. But I think everyone can agree that this team is talented. Maybe not one of the most talented in the league, but whenever you field Schaub, AJ, Foster, Walter, Cushing, Mario and A. Smith you have a fighters chance, and anything can happen.

I have had an L for this game since the Schedule came out. And you cant blame me. We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change. Our coaching style, schemes, execution from players and that they need to fight tooth and nail to get the job done to get us back on track to a 10 win season and into the playoffs.

I know this is off the wall for me, and probably a pipe dream, but its all i've got for this season. This will be my one and only Texans/Kubiak sunshine club post this year if we lose. In turn you can effectively spend that money you are saving for playoff tickets if they lose this week. The deck is stacked against us, and it wont be an easy task. But nothing in life worth achieving is easy to obtain.

I'm thinking that you need to share whatever it is your taking!!
It sure isn't the kool-aid because that is sour about now.
I really hope you are right and they can pull one out their collective butts and win and I'll be rooting for that to happen (yes I'm a glutton for punishment, especially since I live in NJ).
But, in my reality mode, I'm more excited to see what crazy thing is going to happen that costs us the game.
The football gods are not happy with the Texans or their fans for some reason so the wrath will come down again.

So now back from reality-GO TEXANS!!! you can beat the Jets!!

houstonhurricane
11-16-2010, 11:44 AM

I am actually going to be at this game and am holding out hope as well. There is absolutely no valid reason to believe we will win or even compete: Our defense blows; an away game at a tough venue; Revis has a history of success against our main threat, AJ; and these aggressive styles of defense have always given us trouble.

That being said, we are a desperate franchise and the Jets may relax a bit recognizing all of the factors above - as they have done the past two weeks. It is a very long shot, but frankly all we have...

houstonhurricane
11-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I won't be holding my breath waiting for a victory that would require our secondary to cover Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery.

We made Ajirotutu look like a Hall of Famer.

I don't think Cotchery is going to be able to play this week...but with Keller at TE we have another worry...

NitroGSXR
The annual 4 game losing streak is not yet complete. Sorry fellas.

Ryan
I think they kick the living crap out of us again.

HuttoKarl
I don't think Cotchery is going to be able to play this week...but with Keller at TE we have another worry...

I think cotchery on crutches and blinders on would still have a shot at scoring on our secondary.

gary
11-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Mark Sanchez has been playing pretty well too.

houstonhurricane
11-16-2010, 11:49 AM
I think cotchery on crutches and blinders on would still have a shot at scoring on our secondary.

Ha, true enough!

gary
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
What happend to him anyway?

Blake
I think they kick the living crap out of us again.

I am just feeling that this is exactly the type of week/game that they can surprise the nation by pulling out the W and maybe starting something special. Its a win or go home (for the season) week.

HOU-TEX
HOU-TEX might win the lottery

wagonhed
I can't wait till we are mathematically eliminated so I can stop reading about how we could still go 10-6.

wagonhed
11-16-2010, 11:52 AM
and btw, McNair might sell wagonhed the Texans for $7.99. Think McNair is cheap? You ain't seen nothin yet!

gary
11-16-2010, 11:53 AM
I might eat dinner tonight.

GP
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
I can't wait till we are mathematically eliminated so I can stop reading about how we could still go 10-6.

One of two times I have ever agreed with you.

We're bonding, bro. Bonding.

The Texans are divided, but they are uniting the fans. Ironic.

Texas T
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM

When that happens next week are you going to share with all your fellow Texans fans??

GP
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I might eat dinner tonight.

LOL. Good one, man. :ahhaha:

wagonhed
11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
One of two times I have ever agreed with you.

We're bonding, bro. Bonding.

lol. we've agreed more than 2 times. they need to add a "ignore in forum X" feature so I can just read your posts in texanstalk. hah.

Texas T
11-16-2010, 11:56 AM
The annual 4 game losing streak is not yet complete. Sorry fellas.

You are absolutely correct-we will win the following week at home against the Tacks, and everyone will start thinking we will head to the playoffs again, just to lose the following week...seems like I've been here before...

houstonhurricane
11-16-2010, 11:56 AM
What happend to him anyway?

Cotchery? Tore his groin although local reports say he is progressing and may actually be able to suit up. If not, Smith will take the 3rd WR slot and become an all pro this week...

Blake
11-16-2010, 12:00 PM
You are absolutely correct-we will win the following week at home against the Tacks, and everyone will start thinking we will head to the playoffs again, just to lose the following week...seems like I've been here before...

Maybe others would feel that way. But in the OP I specified that if they lose this week to the Jets they are done for the season. There will be no more chances for them, or anymore positive posts from me.

Hell maybe I had some bad weed.

Texas T
11-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Maybe others would feel that way. But in the OP I specified that if they lose this week to the Jets they are done for the season. There will be no more chances for them, or anymore positive posts from me.

Hell maybe I had some bad weed.

I got that with your first post-I was agreeing with Nitro.
Oh by they way next time spring for the good stuff after a loss.

Joe Texan
11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
and btw, McNair might sell wagonhed the Texans for $7.99. Think McNair is cheap? You ain't seen nothin yet!Bob Wouldn't even look before he flushed You WAGONHED

We have as good a chance as they do, On any Sunday.

Thorn
11-16-2010, 12:04 PM
You know, looking on the bright side, we can beat the Jets this weekend and still have enough games on our schedule to complete our annual four game losing streak. :lol:

Texas T
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
You know, looking on the bright side, we can beat the Jets this weekend and still have enough games on our schedule to complete our annual four game losing streak. :lol:

I didn't even think of that...but would we still be able to complete our annual three game win streak to finish the season and ensure that Kubs keeps his job??
(Sorry math was never my strong suit)

gary
11-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Cotchery? Tore his groin although local reports say he is progressing and may actually be able to suit up. If not, Smith will take the 3rd WR slot and become an all pro this week...Thanks. Well, Sunday we'll see which team might showup this week.

Blake
11-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks. Well, Sunday we'll see which team might showup this week.

Yup. The Texans are the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde experiment.

Grams
11-16-2010, 12:28 PM
and hell might freeze over.

Mr. White
11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Their defense is a bad matchup for our offense.

Their offense is an even worse matchup for our defense.

BIG TORO
11-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Their defense is a bad matchup for our offense.

Their offense is an even worse matchup for our defense.

So your saying there's a chance! :lol:

CloakNNNdagger
11-16-2010, 12:40 PM
If this does indeed occur (and I hope that it does), I won't be surprised if half of the team is suspended for PEDs shortly thereafter.:kubepalm:

Double Barrel
11-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Sorry, fellas, but I simply cannot indulge in your misguided optimism at the moment.

The Jets are a physical team that the Texans simply have no answer for, and once the Jets punch our team in the mouth, the finesse will get panicky and start chucking the ball up. NY's secondary is licking their chops right now, and their D-line is preparing the marinade for some grilled Schaub.

Oh yeah, and that Sanchez kid, he'll look like a Hall of Famer against this atrocious defense of ours. It's not even a prediction at this point but an expectation. I would challenge them to defy me, but that would require some semblance of sack.

Yeah, any given Sunday, anything is possible, yada yada yada, but let's be pragmatic about it.

Love my country but dislike the president. Love my team but have lost complete faith in this year's product. Sorry to be a downer about it, but this pathetic team deserves no better at this point.

stingray
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Mark Sanchez will look like Joe Montana.

Mr. White
11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
So your saying there's a chance! :lol:

2 chances.

Slim and none.

kiwitexansfan
11-16-2010, 12:55 PM
The worst part of all this is that Sanchize will look like a superstar and the media will fawn all over him.

Shaft75
11-16-2010, 01:16 PM
semblance of sack.

That's exactly what the Texans need... semblance of sack.

Blake
11-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Sorry, fellas, but I simply cannot indulge in your misguided optimism at the moment.

The Jets are a physical team that the Texans simply have no answer for, and once the Jets punch our team in the mouth, the finesse will get panicky and start chucking the ball up. NY's secondary is licking their chops right now, and their D-line is preparing the marinade for some grilled Schaub.

Oh yeah, and that Sanchez kid, he'll look like a Hall of Famer against this atrocious defense of ours. It's not even a prediction at this point but an expectation. I would challenge them to defy me, but that would require some semblance of sack.

But that is really the entire point of this thread. The Texans are expected to lose. We all expect them to get dominated actually.

Delusional? Yes. Absurd? Yes. Idiotic? Yes. But this is exactly the type of game / set of circumstances that the Texans will once again defy logic with and make everyone scratch their head saying WTF!

awtysst
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM

Elvis Dog might choose to not want to help awtysst eat dinner!

Seņor Stan
11-16-2010, 02:06 PM

I read that too fast. I saw "urinating" not "uniting".

I think mine is more accurate.

Double Barrel
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
But that is really the entire point of this thread. The Texans are expected to lose. We all expect them to get dominated actually.

Delusional? Yes. Absurd? Yes. Idiotic? Yes. But this is exactly the type of game / set of circumstances that the Texans will once again defy logic with and make everyone scratch their head saying WTF!

lol! I gotcha' :fingergun:

You know, you're right. It's the kind of game that, by all accounts and predictions, the Texans are supposed to lose. I only wish the Patriots were the game after for the Jets instead of the Bengals, so we could benefit from NY looking ahead.

Hey, I will watch and I never give up hope...but yeah, I see where you're coming from with this thread. Crazy!! :crazy:

Dread-Head
11-16-2010, 02:51 PM
From what I've seen the Texans seem to fair well against teams which are supposed to beat them senseless (with the exception of the Giants) and poorly against teams against whom they're favored. So I don't know. It would be nice if they took this one...but I'm not holding my breath.

Dread-Head
11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Elvis Dog might choose to not want to help awtysst eat dinner!

Bill might wake up between Shannen Elizabeth and Jennifer Love Hewitt...

This is fun...someone keep it going.

JB
11-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Bill might wake up between Shannen Elizabeth and Jennifer Love Hewitt...

This is fun...someone keep it going.

Yeah, I might go to bed Sunday night sober...

Thorn
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I might go to bed Sunday night sober...

I might start being a nice guy.

GP
11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
The worst part of all this is that Sanchize will look like a superstar and the media will fawn all over him.

That's why I am starting Sanchez, for my fantasy team, when we play them.

You have to admit, for a second there, I had you very angry.

DexmanC
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Last year, Kubiak had no runningbacks, and attempted to run the ball A LOT.

This year, he has a 3-deep stable of backs, yet chooses NOT to run, hardly
enough. He benched Slaton, because the kid isn't built to run the ball
up the middle. Yet, Kubiak refuses to play Slaton and use his skills in
his BEST position (slot and screens.) Foster damn-near has to beg for
carries, no matter how often he shows how special of a back he is.
Pulling Foster at the goalline against San Diego was INEXCUSABLE.

Kubiak has gotten progressively dumber as a coach, and there's nothing
that'll save this team. Most people have focused on the Glover Quin play,
but look at that disorganized MESS on the 8 or 10 snaps BEFORE it, and
you'll see the ineptitude of this staff to have their team focused and
organized.

There are no creampuff NFC West or AFC East teams to clean up on this year.
Every one of the next SEVEN opponents have a LOT riding on their matchup
with the Texans. The Texans are known by everyone in the NFL as the
softest team on the schedule. They've done NOTHING to change that.
Slaton being buried on the bench is something I just don't get. The Texans
have erased screens and draws from their playbooks. When they dust
one off, it surprises even Andre Johnson who tackles a linebacker instead
of setting up the screen.

The coaching is now being fully exposed as the overriding element against
this team's success. No level of talent can make up for poor gameday
strategy.

4-9 folks. I'm calling it. This team will lose seven consecutive games,
not just four.

SheTexan
11-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I just wonder who will put one in the history books first, Sanchez or Vick! As long as it's not VY I guess it doesn't matter. I'm thinking Vick will put up over 500 yds on us on a cold, wet, winter night in Philly. Sometimes I hate myself.

HuttoKarl
11-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I might sprout wings from my bottom and fly to Jupiter!

thunderkyss
11-16-2010, 03:45 PM
We all remember when this same Jets team came down to Houston and kicked the living crap out of our team. I am wishing for the love of the football gods that the coaches and players realize things have got to change.

When the schedule came out, I was happy about playing the Jets again. I thought we'd get a little pay-back.

But I don't know that this team has it in them.

You'd think they would get pissed, & beat somebody up, anybody.

But even in our wins, you can't say we're beating anybody up.

We get knocked on our keister, and get back up...... but it's like we're waiting for someone to knock'em back down.

Like that inflatable clown you got when you were 5.

thunderkyss
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I am just feeling that this is exactly the type of week/game that they can surprise the nation by pulling out the W and maybe starting something special. Its a win or go home (for the season) week.

No doubt about it.

But this isn't the first time we've had this kind of week/game that could surprise the nation. Just like in the Yahoo column someone posted, the Nation's been waiting for this team to do something

it's just never happened.

DexmanC
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
No doubt about it.

But this isn't the first time we've had this kind of week/game that could surprise the nation. Just like in the Yahoo column someone posted, the Nation's been waiting for this team to do something

it's just never happened.

Still looking for a ray of sunshine?

Good luck.

TexCanada
11-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I have calculated the odds of us winning this game:

I figure that we have a 25% chance of winning this game, versus 75% for the Jets. In addition, if this game is in the 25% category, we have a 50% chance of beating ourselves, leaving us with 12.5% overall chance of us winning this game.

TheMatrix31
11-16-2010, 07:05 PM
I'll go ahead and say we win this one. The Jets are the luckiest team in the league, having pulled their two latest wins out of their asses in Detroit and Cleveland.

We'll be out for blood. They beat us on paper, but I think we'll get up for this one. The Jets arent world-beaters.

And no, that's not to say this will touch off some miracle run.

steelbtexan
11-16-2010, 07:29 PM
There' hope,

Maybe the wind will be swirling around the new Meadowlands stadium with gusts of 30/40 MPH. Helping the secondary in coverage against the Jets WR's and Sanchez. Who has been known to throw many ints in these conditions.

TheMatrix31
11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
There' hope,

Maybe the wind will be swirling around the new Meadowlands stadium with gusts of 30/40 MPH. Helping the secondary in coverage against the Jets WR's and Sanchez. Who has been known to throw many ints in these conditions.

Meh, we'll just drop them :(

SheTexan
11-16-2010, 08:02 PM
This will be the week to see if our team has any pride at all, which I truly believe they do. Hopefully, they will come out with a badass attitude and beat the living crap out of the Jets, like the Jets did us last year. There's talent on our team, they just defeat themselves, with a lot of help from the sideline. They have something to prove, like showing the NFL they are NOT the laughing stock of the entire league.

We can only hope!!

CretorFrigg
11-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I have calculated the odds of us winning this game:

I figure that we have a 25% chance of winning this game, versus 75% for the Jets. In addition, if this game is in the 25% category, we have a 50% chance of beating ourselves, leaving us with 12.5% overall chance of us winning this game.

:lol: Repped!

Rey
11-16-2010, 08:45 PM

Delusional? Yes. Absurd? Yes. Idiotic? Yes. But this is exactly the type of game set of circumstances that the Texans will once again defy logic with and make everyone scratch their head saying WTF!

Or it could be the type of game that puts the final nail in Gary Kubiak's coffin.

Lucky
11-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Is this where I insert the obligatory Dumb and Dumber quote?

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

Norg
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
1 more loss and it might be over

2 more losses and its over no way we get in with a 9-7 record if we even get to 9-7

i do hope tho we win out and get to 11-5 we are deff at the crossroads this week

if the bowns and lions can take them so can we u saying the Lions roster is better then ours ??????

GNTLEWOLF
11-17-2010, 04:51 AM
I feel like an ***** for posting this, but I really want Kubiak gone because I believe it will be good for the team in the long-run. As well, I want to have happen whatever needs to happen in order for that to be true. But, as I have been reading this post, and others like it, My heart says YES...Go Texans!..
Texans 31
Jets 21

TexansBlood
11-17-2010, 08:27 AM
This will be the week to see if our team has any pride at all, which I truly believe they do. Hopefully, they will come out with a badass attitude and beat the living crap out of the Jets, like the Jets did us last year. There's talent on our team, they just defeat themselves, with a lot of help from the sideline. They have something to prove, like showing the NFL they are NOT the laughing stock of the entire league.

We can only hope!!

A little to late for all this. Pride should have been present on MNF against the Colts on national tv...

Thorn
11-17-2010, 08:29 AM
A little to late for all this. Pride should have been present on MNF against the Colts on national tv...

It's never to late for the players to finally show up and play like pro football players. For the coaching staff however, I think the sun has already set on them.

Blake
11-17-2010, 08:31 AM

We were 4-2 at the time, and on our bye week the same week as the Colts who were playing at home.

Not making excuses just pointing out that they were just as primed to win as we were. Now we have a losing record, and we are getting a chance at payback on the jets for what happened last year.

I think their pride is a little more at steak now than in week 8.

TexansBlood
11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
It's never to late for the players to finally show up and play like pro football players. For the coaching staff however, I think the sun has already set on them.

What good is it now for the players to come out and play like pros when it's the second half of the season and our playoff chances are slim to none?? Why not come out from the start of the season with everything you got instead of waiting to go on a 3 game losing streak and get blasted by the fans and media????

And yes I agree, McNair needs to fire all the coaches asap and let them go deer hunting as that season just started.

Thorn
11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
What good is it now for the players to come out and play like pros when it's the second half of the season and our playoff chances are slim to none?? Why not come out from the start of the season with everything you got instead of waiting to go on a 3 game losing streak and get blasted by the fans and media????

And yes I agree, McNair needs to fire all the coaches asap and let them go deer hunting as that season just started.

On the bolded part, they should play like pro's because that's their job. A nicely paid job I might add. But even at that, I would still lay the huge majority of the blame for this sorry ass season on the coaching staff not the players.

TexansBlood
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
On the bolded part, they should play like pro's because that's their job. A nicely paid job I might add. But even at that, I would still lay the huge majority of the blame for this sorry ass season on the coaching staff not the players.

I get paid hourly also but guess what? Im in the office on the internet instead of working which I get paid to do, but I feel like working only 30 mins out of the hr just like the Texans, they take off a half LOL!

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 09:24 AM

I think the biggest blame should go on the fans.

Yes, we've got a talented team, yes, they've teased us for years.

But why do we think we're the Colts, or the Patriots, or whoever last year's super bowl champs were?

Before last weeks game, I was putting together stats for this season to compare the two teams...... Texans & Jags. I found out we're extremely similar. I tried to break it down to just the 3 games before our match-up..... the same. It was freaky. Then before the game, CBS showed a graphic showing we were 8-8 vs the Jaguars & the stats were damn near identical.

That's when it dawned on me. Whatever we think of the Jags, that's who we really are.

I doubt the Jags have given up on this season.

BigBull17
11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
This game is gonna be freaking ugly. Like 38 minute time of possession ugly. Like 275 yards rushing ugly.

tedr
11-17-2010, 10:33 AM
When the schedule came out, I was happy about playing the Jets again. I thought we'd get a little pay-back.

But I don't know that this team has it in them.

You'd think they would get pissed, & beat somebody up, anybody.

But even in our wins, you can't say we're beating anybody up.

We get knocked on our keister, and get back up...... but it's like we're waiting for someone to knock'em back down.

Like that inflatable clown you got when you were 5.

This. I'd like for us, just once this year, to get up big on somebody, and not let them off the floor. Be the Eagles to the other team's Redskins from Monday night. Apparently, though, either that's not our style or we simply don't have what it takes to do that. I'm starting to think it's more of the latter.

jaayteetx
11-17-2010, 10:43 AM
This game is a "L" easy. The way this team plays defense, it doesn't deserve to win another game. Its just plain pathetic and painful to watch.

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 11:32 AM
This game is a "L" easy. The way this team plays defense, it doesn't deserve to win another game. Its just plain pathetic and painful to watch.

It's not only the defense..... forget that, this offense (stats be damned....... & I'm a stat guy).

They have no idea if they want to be a passing team a running team, can't make adjustments until halftime....

It took them 10 weeks to understand that they're a rhythm offense & couldn't work it in until half-time.

:wadepalm:

Battle Red Flash
11-17-2010, 01:17 PM

100% Agree. I wish I could think the Texans have a chance.

Rey
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I would think we had a chance in this game if our defense wasn't so bad against the pass.

I just don't see how we'd ever be able to put an opponent away and we can barely raise a fist to fight their aerial asault.

Add to that our offense usually plays soft against physical teams...I just don't see how we win this one unless the team actually comes out and plays fired up football...

They haven't don't that at all this year so I'm not optimistic.

Double Barrel
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
100% Agree. I wish I could think the Texans have a chance.

That says a lot coming from you, bro'. You're one of the Texans most passionate fans, and you just see it for what it is at this point.

devo-x
11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Try to stay positive for the team - Texans will win in spite of the coaches

Grams
11-18-2010, 06:12 AM
If things hold true for my fantasy team -

when I sit or drop a player who is not producing or producing less than someone else on the bench - they will usually have a lights outs game and the one I put in the lineup gets hurt in the first minute of the game - - -

I have sat Matt down and am starting Sanchez.

BullNation4Life
11-18-2010, 06:50 AM

Kubiak will go from this...

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/gary%20kubiak.jpg

To This....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qZMryHxf-YsGjM:http://www.blu-raydefinition.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/BDDefinitionthewaterboy-e1080.jpg&t=1

after the Jets first blitz for a sack. This ain't gonna be a pretty site on Sunday

BigBull17
11-18-2010, 07:19 AM
We were 4-2 at the time, and on our bye week the same week as the Colts who were playing at home.

Not making excuses just pointing out that they were just as primed to win as we were. Now we have a losing record, and we are getting a chance at payback on the jets for what happened last year.

I think their pride is a little more at steak now than in week 8.

Except they had freaking stock boys playing WR and TE. We knew their weakness and instead decided to attack their strength.

Andrew6
11-18-2010, 07:36 AM
note to self start Braylon Edwards and L. Thomas in fantasty league

Blake
11-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Is it Sunday yet? I want to know if the season is over yet or not.

IDEXAN
11-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Pigs might fly to ?

HuttoKarl
11-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I wonder what Kareem Jackson could do with a legit defensive backs coach.

gwallaia
11-18-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm on board with the title of this thread.

By God, the Texans will shock us all and win this game. :yikes:

TimeKiller
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Is there a legit reason in this whole thread?

No.

The best anyone of us can do is "any given Sunday". Or some sort of karmatic response to how all of us are sick of the team's crap. We're all about ready to deboard the train so they'll fire up the engines. Grand. It'll probably happen.

Go Texans. Go Texans Go.

On a side note, I noticed a few mentions about "the annual 4 losing streak" and would like to think that a few people read my post about just that.

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Okay, I've got this pink soap hovering over my avatar..... I think it's affecting my attitude, as I've been more negative than usual.

We're not all perfect, for me to "demand" that anyone is perfect just ain't right for me.

So here's the deal, see if you agree.

If we hold the Jets under 24 points (& I understand the probability of that) I'm ditching the soap. You won't see me talking about how great this defense is or anything like that (trust me).... I won't list the excuses I've already tabulated for Frank Bush's performance (IMHO, I don't think he's doing a heck of a job, & I believe our HC has the bar set way too low if he in fact told FB that behind closed doors).

I don't know that we can score 13 on the Jets anyway, so I don't know that it matters. But if they score less than 24 (which we haven't done all season) I'm taking down the soap.

Blake
11-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Okay, I've got this pink soap hovering over my avatar..... I think it's affecting my attitude, as I've been more negative than usual.

We're not all perfect, for me to "demand" that anyone is perfect just ain't right for me.

If we hold the Jets under 24 points (& I understand the probability of that) I'm ditching the soap. You won't see me talking about how great this defense is or anything like that (trust me).... I won't list the excuses I've already tabulated for Frank Bush's performance (IMHO, I don't think he's doing a heck of a job, & I believe our HC has the bar set way too low if he in fact told FB that behind closed doors).

I don't know that we can score 13 on the Jets anyway, so I don't know that it matters. But if they score less than 24 (which we haven't done all season) I'm taking down the soap.

If the D holds the Jets to under 24? Or if the Jets score 24 under 24 in any facet of the game? 2 different things.

TexCanada
11-19-2010, 09:00 AM

Why? I don't understand the reasoning here. I mean, even if we go out and beat the Jets by 20 points, that doesn't change the way things have gone around here for the last 5 years. Surely you decided to use the pink soap based on an opinion you have formed about Kubiak during his entire 5 years as our coach, right? 1 single game really shouldn't have that much effect on the overall opinion. I know it won't for me.

TexansBlood
11-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Sorry to burst yalls bubble but sportsbook got Texans +7.
OUCH!!!!!

HOU-TEX
11-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Sorry to burst yalls bubble but sportsbook got Texans -7.
OUCH!!!!!

-7 or +7?

TexansBlood
11-19-2010, 09:25 AM
-7 or +7?

Whoops fixed LOL

Blake
11-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Sorry to burst yalls bubble but sportsbook got Texans +7.
OUCH!!!!!

3 points for being the home team, and 4 points for being the better team. Makes sense. i dont think anyone thought it would be any different.

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 11:23 AM
If the D holds the Jets to under 24? Or if the Jets score 24 under 24 in any facet of the game? 2 different things.

Agree...... I'll make it hard.

If the Jets have 24 or more on the scoreboard, the soap stays.

Why? I don't understand the reasoning here. I mean, even if we go out and beat the Jets by 20 points, that doesn't change the way things have gone around here for the last 5 years. Surely you decided to use the pink soap based on an opinion you have formed about Kubiak during his entire 5 years as our coach, right? 1 single game really shouldn't have that much effect on the overall opinion. I know it won't for me.

No, I was running off at the mouth last week...... follow the link in my sig.

michaelm
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I haven't read any of this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating something that was previously said.
My thought is simple, I don't know what the betting line is, and I don't really need to, I would put money on the Jets to cover whatever the spread might be.
The Texans are already sliding, and they're about to crumble. Bet on it.
I'll take the Jets and the under.

Keep in mind, I've traditionally been a homer, and relatively optimistic...

Blake
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I haven't read any of this thread, so forgive me if I'm repeating something that was previously said.
My thought is simple, I don't know what the betting line is, and I don't really need to, I would put money on the Jets to cover whatever the spread might be.
The Texans are already sliding, and they're about to crumble. Bet on it.
I'll take the Jets and the under.

Keep in mind, I've traditionally been a homer, and relatively optimistic...

Someone just posted that the Jets are giving 7. I think most agree with you that the Jets should win by 7+.

Norg
11-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I wonder what the jets fan think about this game

Is this a trap game for the Jets ?????????????? LOL

HOU-TEX
11-19-2010, 11:55 AM

More like a stat padder for the Jets

Thorn
11-19-2010, 12:02 PM

I've gotten rid of the soap and the drama lady and am back to my regular avatar, and it's going to stay that way no matter what the Texans do from here on out.

Now that doesn't mean I've forgiven Kubiak or want him to stay, because I want him gone, and the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I just like sporting my regular avatar. But I consider myself a member of the soapers, just without the soap. LOL

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 12:03 PM

I don't think they're worried about any "trap" games. They've had to work for their wins this year, I don't think any were gimmes.

Especially since week 5.
Minnesota, Denver, Green Bay (9-0 GB), Detroit (23-20 OT), Cleveland (26-20 OT).

ThaShark316
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Had a dream last night/this morning that we beat nyj.

so...yeah..it's gonna happen.:specnatz:

Blake
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I've gotten rid of the soap and the drama lady and am back to my regular avatar, and it's going to stay that way no matter what the Texans do from here on out.

Now that doesn't mean I've forgiven Kubiak or want him to stay, because I want him gone, and the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I just like sporting my regular avatar. But I consider myself a member of the soapers, just without the soap. LOL

Good call. Ill just sport my thoughts in the Sig and keep my authentic mario avatar. REPRESENT!

SheTexan
11-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Good call. Ill just sport my thoughts in the Sig and keep my authentic mario avatar. REPRESENT!

Glad you did that. Your avatar is one of my favs!!

Big Lou
11-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I might win the lottery too.

Actually this is the kind of game we'll pull out just to get our hopes up. This team can do anything, it just depends if they show up. I still love'em even though I hate'em!

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Actually this is the kind of game we'll pull out just to get our hopes up. This team can do anything, it just depends if they show up. I still love'em even though I hate'em!

Exactly

michaelm
11-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I might win the lottery too.

Exactly

I hope y'all are right, but my spidey sense is feeling a beat down of the Texans.

thunderkyss
11-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I hope y'all are right, but my spidey sense is feeling a beat down of the Texans.

I think you're missing the point. We'll win in the meadowlands, then probably rip off another 3 game losing streak.

Then we'll rally to an 8-8 season.

michaelm
11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
I think you're missing the point. We'll win in the meadowlands, then probably rip off another 3 game losing streak.

Then we'll rally to an 8-8 season.

I see your point, I just disagree. I think the Texans lose this game by 10 points or more. Our D will make Sanchez look great, and I really don't believe our offense is going to choose this game, on the road, against a D that humiliated them the last time they played, to finally get well against the 3-4.
Sorry, I do get your point, I just can't see it happening.

Jet4Life
11-19-2010, 09:35 PM

Hi, Jets fan here.

I like to think I'm realistic... I give the Texans a good shot at winning this game. You guys have a better combo of talent and experience than the Browns or Lions, that is for sure.

You certainly have a very high powered offense...

To win, the Texans should exploit some of the Jets weaknesses:

1. We have trouble covering the tight end, our other weakness in coverage is CB #3, find him and go after him (different guys play the 3)
2. We have difficulty getting to the QB without sending a blitz. If Schaub has a good quick release going then we will be in trouble that way...
3. Also have trouble covering the halfback screen
4. If it's windy, get opportunistic on defense. Sanchez struggles in the wind.

So as you can see, you have a number of things going for you.

One part of this match up that I like for my team is that you do not seem to be a very physical team defense... we tend to do well against non-physical defenses.

Texan_Bill
11-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Re: The Texans might beat the Jets

*Holds breath............................ dies*

Wolf6151
11-20-2010, 01:54 AM
This game could get real ugly real quick and be over by the end of the 1st quarter like the Eagles/Redskins game.

GNTLEWOLF
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
*Holds breath............................ dies*

:spit::lol:

jshabang
11-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Snowballs chance in hell........

Man that defense is choppin at the bit to get after schaub...and we all know what happens to schaub under constant pressure this year ie cowboys and giants game.....he becomes mr happy feet dump down guy

and tha jets offense is gonna torch that horrendous secondary.....this is about as certain as anything....this game will be over by halftime

Blake
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
I was thinking of what to post here after we went up on the jets 27-23. But then they scored and I have no words. So lame to be a Texans fan...

TexansBlood
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
HOMERS, where yall at????????