PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports rankings as of 11/16/10...

HTown2ATX
11-16-2010, 07:26 AM
from the site........Ranked #20 "It's the same old story for this team. Great offense, bad defense. General manager Rick Smith will need to take a hard look at how to improve the defense for next season. It's not about the coaching this time, it's about the personnel. And that area falls within his jurisdiction."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

I actually think a lot of this has to do with the coaching too, but hey, who cares at this point.

Thoughts if any?

I know rankings don't mean anything in the NFL, but hey, most of us still look at them. I would actually put the Rams and Browns above us and slide us in at 22 right above the Redskins.

I see more improvement from the Rams and Browns than the Texans....ohh happy days.... :kubepalm:

Also, lol at Texans making it to the "Biggest Loser" box on the top of the page at -6 spots over the weekend.

Thorn
11-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Everyone will drop the Texans like a rock, and it will get even worse after they lose to the Jets this weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed our little time in the sunshine with all the sports hosts talking about how good we were, because all that's over now and we are back to being horrible again in the eyes of all these know-it-alls.

TheCD
11-16-2010, 08:47 AM
I honestly think 20 is generous. I would put us somewhere around 25, as I'm starting to think that is the draft position we will have (around #7). I'm going to make a bold (and probably stupid) prediction and say that the Cowboys end up with a better record than us.

It's starting to break my heart seeing Andre not even get a shot at the playoffs. What a waste of one of the greatest receivers to ever play...

HOU-TEX
11-16-2010, 08:54 AM
I honestly think 20 is generous. I would put us somewhere around 25, as I'm starting to think that is the draft position we will have (around #7). I'm going to make a bold (and probably stupid) prediction and say that the Cowboys end up with a better record than us.

It's starting to break my heart seeing Andre not even get a shot at the playoffs. What a waste of one of the greatest receivers to ever play...

I agree with both of your points. Especially AJ, which is a dadgum shame.

Goatcheese
11-16-2010, 09:35 AM
We fell 6 spots after losing on a 0:00 hail marry fluke?

That's ... retarded.

HuttoKarl
11-16-2010, 09:36 AM
We fell 6 spots after losing on a 0:00 hail marry fluke?

That's ... retarded.

Our crappy pass defense is far from flukey no matter how the completions happen.

badboy
11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe I did not start my 2011 mock draft to early after all.

Thorn
11-16-2010, 01:43 PM
ESPN has us at 19.

Brisco_County
11-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Rank #20 is about right. It just feels lower because we've never broken #15 and we're in freefall right now.

sakebomb
11-17-2010, 06:17 AM
It should be lower. Buffalo would put up 400+ yards against us. :wadepalm:

Lucky
11-17-2010, 06:21 AM
The Texans have no shot at at BCS berth, now. I'm concerned about them becoming bowl eligible.

thunderkyss
11-17-2010, 07:02 AM
from the site........Ranked #20 "It's the same old story for this team. Great offense, bad defense. General manager Rick Smith will need to take a hard look at how to improve the defense for next season. It's not about the coaching this time, it's about the personnel. And that area falls within his jurisdiction."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

I actually think a lot of this has to do with the coaching too, but hey, who cares at this point.

I know it sounds like I've been too hard on the offense. But it's only because the expectations are so high. This guy saying we have a "great" offense is evidence of that, IMO. If our offense was great, we would be able to move the ball with ease...

to me, we've only had two good offensive games. Only one of those was anywhere close to great, because Indy couldn't stop us (Wk 1). We're going 3 & out too frequently.... that doesn't look like a "great" offense to me. Too many drives with no points, that's not "great" that means we didn't even get close enough for a field goal, too many times.

The defense sucks. They have as many issues on defense (personnel wise) as we had on offense last year... but we were able to "cope" with those issues better than we are able to deal with our issues this year.

I don't want to be Mr. Sunshine anymore, I'm trying to let that go. But our defense has shown that they can make a play every now & then, that they can get stops, that they can play well enough for the offense to overcome giant deficits.... Wk 1, we should have had a big lead going into half-time, the Raider's game, we should have had a big lead, the Chiefs game, should have had a big lead..... Dallas, we should have had a big lead at half-time, if our offense is great, because they had plenty of opportunity in those games.

I expected the offense to be great. There is no reason you can possibly blame the offenses ineffectiveness on the defense. The mediocre, sorry defense has been more effective in the first half than the offense has in most of our games.

I believe if we can generate that big lead the defense would look worlds better in the second half of games.