PDA

View Full Version : Group Therapy

kiwitexansfan
11-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I feel the need to start a thread for us to share our struggles with being a Texans fan.

Here are two experiences I have had in the last hour or so.

Firstly I was waiting in the hospital pharmacy waiting to get some medicine for my daughter. Her surgeon happens to come in and line up behind me. He asks how my daughter is then follows that innocuous question up with asking how my team went yesterday. I proceed to bludgeon myself in the head with a phone book till I'm a bloody puddle on the ground.

Then I'm at the Grocery Store getting some dinner with my boy. The checkout dude as he finishes serving me feels the need to pass on his condolences to me for the Texans tough loss. Thats right the Texans are now so bad, random cashier feels obligated to cheer me up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mgI9X6VuOBs/TC5echkV0DI/AAAAAAAADM8/9DguZBhlftQ/s1600/1369658074_a56ad5bad6.jpg

TEXANRED
11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
It's gotten so bad for me that I don't even watch the games any more. I have been DVRing them after that Monday night game.

It has worked out great for me though. Instead of watching our defense get slaughtered I fast forward and watch us choke in 45 minutes instead of 3 hours.

ATXtexanfan
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
everyone acted like my dog died this morning, alot of them said they thought to call me right away but it was to soon, lol

Buffi2
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
The Texans just starred in the C'Mon Man segment with three different plays. Just when you think it can't get any worse. :wadepalm:

For the first time ever, I stopped watching the Texans, hit record and went to the Jets game. Therapy is good. I feel better for admitting this.

BSofA04
11-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Since we're on confessions, I'll admit that I hardly did any of the typical Texan pregame activities that I normally do last Sunday. I didn't watch any pregame, didn't start the grill, didn't go to the official website to look or actives/inactives....nothing.

I'm starting to wonder why I invest so much of my time on the Texans when they continue to make the same mistakes and make me feel like a fool. I'm not cutting bait, just going fishing a whole lot less. It's time to limit my activities on all things Texans until they commit to beating teams like the Jacksonville-freaking-Jaguars.

Ranger Tom
11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm considering watching Hawaii Five-O instead of our game against the Ravens. But the last time I stopped watching a Texans game before it was over, we beat the Patriots.

No wait, we lost to the Cowboys.

Texanmike02
11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I have a problem. Its not just a Texans problem, its a Texas/Texans problem. Most of my clothes are either burnt orange or steel blue. I'm not kidding when I say that at least 75% of my wardrobe has texans/texas on it. I still have a few holdover rockets/astros shirts too... I am almost ashamed to wear anything out. I've contemplated going shirtless... but its getting cold. To make matters worse... my email address starts with Texansfan4life. I'm such a big fan. Yet I have no faith. What exactly am I supposed to do. I mean for four weeks I had hope, hope that we were going to be decent. Hope that we were going to be ok. We're not. We're going to be average again. AGAIN. Maybe we'll be blessed with below average and get a new regime change. Maybe. Its like putting me out of my miserable misery ONE MORE DAMN TIME.

And don't even get me started on my horns. At least I've been able to wear burnt orange to console my heart when the steel blue was hopelessly below .500. Now... I'm wearing my below .500 steel blue to console my heart while looking at my burnt orange hanging in the closet. Hanging would be nice... is it an option?

Mike

JB
11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
I have a problem. Its not just a Texans problem, its a Texas/Texans problem. Most of my clothes are either burnt orange or steel blue. I'm not kidding when I say that at least 75% of my wardrobe has texans/texas on it. I still have a few holdover rockets/astros shirts too... I am almost ashamed to wear anything out. I've contemplated going shirtless... but its getting cold. To make matters worse... my email address starts with Texansfan4life. I'm such a big fan. Yet I have no faith. What exactly am I supposed to do. I mean for four weeks I had hope, hope that we were going to be decent. Hope that we were going to be ok. We're not. We're going to be average again. AGAIN. Maybe we'll be blessed with below average and get a new regime change. Maybe. Its like putting me out of my miserable misery ONE MORE DAMN TIME.

And don't even get me started on my horns. At least I've been able to wear burnt orange to console my heart when the steel blue was hopelessly below .500. Now... I'm wearing my below .500 steel blue to console my heart while looking at my burnt orange hanging in the closet. Hanging would be nice... is it an option?

Mike

Just get a mullet and a teardrop tatoo and play badass dumbass...

Texan_Bill
11-15-2010, 09:49 PM
I feel the need to start a thread for us to share our struggles with being a Texans fan.

Here are two experiences I have had in the last hour or so.

Firstly I was waiting in the hospital pharmacy waiting to get some medicine for my daughter. Her surgeon happens to come in and line up behind me. He asks how my daughter is then follows that innocuous question up with asking how my team went yesterday. I proceed to bludgeon myself in the head with a phone book till I'm a bloody puddle on the ground.

Then I'm at the Grocery Store getting some dinner with my boy. The checkout dude as he finishes serving me feels the need to pass on his condolences to me for the Texans tough loss. Thats right the Texans are now so bad, random cashier feels obligated to cheer me up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mgI9X6VuOBs/TC5echkV0DI/AAAAAAAADM8/9DguZBhlftQ/s1600/1369658074_a56ad5bad6.jpg

All BS aside, our prayers are still with Aria!! I hope you know that!!!

Texanmike02
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Just get a mullet and a teardrop tatoo and play badass dumbass...

Lol.

Dude I'm single... the mullet is a no go. Just because Joker ended his vow doesn't mean I'm going to start one.

Mike

JB
11-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Lol.

Dude I'm single... the mullet is a no go. Just because Joker ended his vow doesn't mean I'm going to start one.

Mike

:lol: