PDA

View Full Version : Blue crew TNT chili cook off

Joe Texan
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Two weeks from now we have a game against the Tennessee Titans and with that we will have a chili contest. I think we need to set an entry fee what with us raising money for the blue crew and all. Each entry is $10.00 what do yall think?

disaacks3
11-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Works for me! I think we'll all be ready for something other than turkey by then! Buffalo Chili redux.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Works for me! I think we'll all be ready for something other than turkey by then! Buffalo Chili redux.

Because of my diet, I'll be making Turkey Chili... FML!! :wadepalm:

disaacks3
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM

Well, had it been my heart that put me in the ER Thursday night, I'd be right there with you! All hail Nexium!

Texan_Bill
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, had it been my heart that put me in the ER Thursday night, I'd be right there with you! All hail Nexium!

I must admit that since my diet changed, I don't get Heartburn or Reflux nearly as often. Even with the UC I can still eat spicy foods with no consequence. I keep medicine around anyway (JIC), because every once in a while it flairs up. Again though, not nearly with the regularity (anywhere from twice to 3 or 4 times a week) that it used to. Now, it's more like once a month - if I'm unlucky.

Texecutioner
11-15-2010, 10:56 PM

Nothing wrong with that Bill. If you put as much stuff in your chilli as I do, you won't even know the difference man.

Texan_Bill
11-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Nothing wrong with that Bill. If you put as much stuff in your chilli as I do, you won't even know the difference man.

Yessir!!!! You sir, are exactly right. The problem is learning how to work it (for most folks)!! I can mix in turkey meatballs with my spaghetti.... And they're damn fine!!

BIG TORO
11-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm down 10 dollars sounds cool to me, let me know if it's a sure thing.

Dread-Head
11-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I must admit that since my diet changed, I don't get Heartburn or Reflux nearly as often. Even with the UC I can still eat spicy foods with no consequence. I keep medicine around anyway (JIC), because every once in a while it flairs up. Again though, not nearly with the regularity (anywhere from twice to 3 or 4 times a week) that it used to. Now, it's more like once a month - if I'm unlucky.

I live on spicy food. I put cayenne pepper in my oatmeal. I never get heartburn unless I eat something greasy.

Joe Texan
11-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Alright lets get this Party going :chickendance:

Joe Texan Team-Joe Texans Famous White Chili-$10.00
Bill?
Ted?
Yankee?
Grandma?
Dean, Bull Pen Photos?
Glass Half Full?
Big Toro?
Slvrhand?

Joe Texan
11-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Mods please sticky

Kaiser Toro
11-23-2010, 09:21 AM

Bill?
Ted?
Yankee?
Grandma?
Dean, Bull Pen Photos?
Glass Half Full?
Big Toro?
Slvrhand?

What makes your white chili white? What is the base of it?

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Bill?
Ted?
Yankee?
Grandma?
Dean, Bull Pen Photos?
Glass Half Full?
Big Toro?
Slvrhand?

I'm not going. I'm staying home. Same for Gibbs and Bill #2.

AND no... We're not selling the seats. We want them to be empty.

Joe Texan
11-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Dude come on you can stay in the parking lot for christs sake that is just a cop out.

Joe Texan
11-23-2010, 11:38 PM
So everybody is staying home so be it I will be front and center as always and we will be feeding the Teetons fans some Chili, But I will never let you out of the fact that you did not come to the game because you are trying to prove a point to Bob. Believe me he could care less you already paid for your tickets and he is spending your money in this game. We got the best chance to beat the teetons this weekend and yall are Staying home. I would not expect that from any Blue Crew member. Let me know as I have people that would love to use your parking pass.

Texan_Bill
11-23-2010, 11:52 PM
So everybody is staying home so be it I will be front and center as always and we will be feeding the Teetons fans some Chili, But I will never let you out of the fact that you did not come to the game because you are trying to prove a point to Bob. Believe me he could care less you already paid for your tickets and he is spending your money in this game. We got the best chance to beat the teetons this weekend and yall are Staying home. I would not expect that from any Blue Crew member. Let me know as I have people that would love to use your parking pass.

Really Joe?? That's pathetic!!! Not only am I not coming, I'm not even recording the game.... I will be in Plantersville, watching belly dancers and grabbing beers from "Beer Wenches".....

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 12:22 AM
LMFAO!!! Joe actually thought I wasn't gonna show!! :lol:

Andrew6
11-24-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm down like 2 flat tires.

SheTexan
11-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Welllll now!! I'll be there, I'll be cookin chili, and I'm gonna take home the trophy AGAIN!!!!:chef: Not sure any of you bullheads can beat me!!:heh: Bring it on guys/gals!!! I'm ready for a challenge!!!

Joe! Is Pappy gonna be there? Be nice to see him again.

Andrew6
11-24-2010, 04:27 AM
Welllll now!! I'll be there, I'll be cookin chili, and I'm gonna take home the trophy AGAIN!!!!:chef: Not sure any of you bullheads can beat me!!:heh: Bring it on guys/gals!!! I'm ready for a challenge!!!

I'm in it to win it like Heismann

BIG TORO
11-24-2010, 09:08 AM

Im going head to head with you Andrew!:chef:

Mr. White
11-24-2010, 09:28 AM
I'll be at the blue lot this weekend. Hope to see some of you guys there even though it sounds like I won't.

So what's the drill here? 10 bucks to enter or 10 bucks to eat?

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Is that the same as saying, "I'm in there, like thong swim wear"?

disaacks3
11-24-2010, 10:08 AM

Im going head to head with you Andrew!:chef:

That only means I don't win it in a cakewalk. Tired of finishing second, going for the win this time!

Joe Texan
11-24-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll be at the blue lot this weekend. Hope to see some of you guys there even though it sounds like I won't.

So what's the drill here? 10 bucks to enter or 10 bucks to eat?

10 bucks to enter and do whatever you want to eat. The entry fee is for the blue crew to make some cash while we compete. Just come on by and enjoy some chili

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 10:40 AM
10 bucks to enter and do whatever you want to eat. The entry fee is for the blue crew to make some cash while we compete. Just come on by and enjoy some chili

Be careful how you throw $10.00 entry around . Some people may take that as "Blue Crew charges for their tailgate" and obviously we are anti-charging money.

So try again, but be crystal clear as to who is paying the $10.00 and why....

hobie
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Be careful how you throw $10.00 entry around . Some people may take that as "Blue Crew charges for their tailgate" and obviously we are anti-charging money.

So try again, but be crystal clear as to who is paying the $10.00 and why....

So is that like a "cover charge"? Since you are the foremost expert on that..!!

:tiphat:

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 11:19 AM
So is that like a "cover charge"? Since you are the foremost expert on that..!!

:tiphat:

That's exactly what I don't want it to be or seem like for visitors to Blue Crew....

*can't believe the Colorado cover went up to $12.00*

disaacks3
11-24-2010, 11:30 AM
That's exactly what I don't want it to be or seem like for visitors to Blue Crew....

*can't believe the Colorado cover went up to $12.00*

So you pay a cover to see it uncovered? :bubbles:

Mr. White
11-24-2010, 12:10 PM

I'll come by and make a donation. How do I find y'all? Is there a certain pole you guys hang around? [Insert Texan Bill joke here.]

BullPenPhotos
11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I'll come by and make a donation. How do I find y'all? Is there a certain pole you guys hang around? [Insert Texan Bill joke here.]

Look for the Blue Crew Tailgaters flag in the corner of the Platinum lot at the corner of Kirby & Westridge...
http://www.texansbullpen.com/10photogallery/Season/2010-11-07-Chargers-Texans/Fans/DSC_0008.JPG

I would have put a map from TxDavid's site, but it looks like he forgot to renew his DNS entry...David...Are you learning from the Cowboys?

Yankee_In_TX
11-24-2010, 08:35 PM
We're in and will be bringing Nebraska chili. Whatever that means. Don't know why we're not bringing Cincinnati chili. Stupid Nebraskians.

Yankee_In_TX
11-24-2010, 08:35 PM
I would have put a map from TxDavid's site, but it looks like he forgot to renew his DNS entry...David...Are you learning from the Cowboys?

Will we have a better flag pole this week?

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Look for the Blue Crew Tailgaters flag in the corner of the Platinum lot at the corner of Kirby & Westridge...
http://www.texansbullpen.com/10photogallery/Season/2010-11-07-Chargers-Texans/Fans/DSC_0008.JPG

I got it.... BTW, I still love our Flag!!!

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k325/Texan_Bill/BlueCrewMap.jpg

Andrew6
11-24-2010, 09:21 PM
With my first pick in the 2010 TExans Vs. Titans chilli cook off draft I choose Big Toro into my crew. For all of those whom feel defeated already its normal. :lol:

JB
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
With my first pick in the 2010 TExans Vs. Titans chilli cook off draft I choose Big Toro into my crew. For all of those whom feel defeated already its normal. :lol:

Ya'll are just lucky I won't be there with my World Famous Texas Chili...:kitten:

Andrew6
11-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Ya'll are just lucky I won't be there with my World Famous Texas Chili...:kitten:

thats what fear sounds like :roast:

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 09:27 PM

I don't have a game ticket(s), but I do have two tailgating passes if you and the Misses wanna come by for the chili cook-off festivities... Lemme know.

JB
thats what fear sounds like :roast:

:confused: What are you afraid of? I told you I won't be there...

Texan_Bill
I don't have a game ticket(s), but I do have two tailgating passes if you and the Misses wanna come by for the chili cook-off festivities... Lemme know.

Sumbitch, read MY posts! :wadepalm:

JB
11-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Sumbitch, read MY posts! :wadepalm:

You posting at the same time I am replying...:kubepalm:

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 09:30 PM
You posting at the same time I am replying...:kubepalm:

Well???? I have two tailgating passes for you and the Misses. You want or no want???

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 09:32 PM
I got your PM and rather than PMing you back, I figured I'd call you out on the board!

Puh Ce!!!!

JB
11-24-2010, 09:34 PM
I got your PM and rather than PMing you back, I figured I'd call you out on the board!

Puh Ce!!!!

:lol: Ok Bill. Given the choice of spending my weekend with 4 beautiful women, or you... Hope you enjoy the game, I won't be there.

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
:lol: Ok Bill. Given the choice of spending my weekend with 4 beautiful women, or you... Hope you enjoy the game, I won't be there.

You dissapoint me.............

I was hoping you would bring your 4 beautiful women to me!! :hides:

JB
11-24-2010, 09:43 PM
You dissapoint me.............

I was hoping you would bring your 4 beautiful women to me!! :hides:

:spit:

Old I are, drunk I probably am...

Foolish sometimes.

But really? I don't think so!

Andrew6
11-24-2010, 09:58 PM

not coming cause yer skeeeerrredddd

JB
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
not coming cause yer skeeeerrredddd

As I told Bill, I get to spend the weekend with my 4 beautiful women. I'll do the chili thing later.

But you can trust me, my chili rocks!

And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it! :D

Andrew6
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
As I told Bill, I get to spend the weekend with my 4 beautiful women. I'll do the chili thing later.

But you can trust me, my chili rocks!

And I don't care what anyone else thinks about it! :D

you were one of those kids whose momma told them they were pretty and gosh darnit people like you ;) :kubepalm:

JB
11-24-2010, 10:13 PM
you were one of those kids whose momma told them they were pretty and gosh darnit people like you ;) :kubepalm:

:lol:

You know the truth of that. I ain't ever been called pretty. And no, people don't like me anymore than I like people...lol

But my girls are.

Texan_Bill
11-24-2010, 11:21 PM
No JB women....

No JB Venison........

No JB!!

I don't support JB!

Joe Texan
11-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Pappy will be there, lets get ready to rumble, I want to win this one:wild:

Texan_Bill
11-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Pappy will be there, lets get ready to rumble, I want to win this one:wild:

Ima kick Pappy's ass!!! :jk: Just joking Joe.... You know Pappy is more than welcome!!!!!

DerekLee1
11-26-2010, 12:44 AM
All I know is I've missed 4 home games in a row because of working out of town. I have a special experimental double batch Jell-O shot brew in mind for the Titans game. Come see me. If it works, everyone is happy. If not, everyone is drunk. Win-win.

SheTexan
11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
OOOOOKKKKKKK!!! Ted, Joe, Bill, David, whoever?! Are the rules the same? I don't remember them all so one of you need to jog my aging memory, and for the benefit of those who have not done this before.

Today is a chili weather kind of day! Can I bring leftovers?? J/K!! I'll cook from scratch, at the tailgate, and kick some butt while doing it! Can't wait to see all you guys sneak over to my tent to see what a WINNER looks like!!:smooch:

Joe Texan
11-26-2010, 12:37 PM
I believe last year we allowed you to cook the meat at home but the ingredients needed to be put together on site, I would think we will say judging will be done at precisely 1045 and that should be after the shot. Cups for the judges will be distributed and ticketed so you must not lose these. Good Luck to all and we will have non biased judges.

disaacks3
11-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I believe last year we allowed you to cook the meat at home but the ingredients needed to be put together on site, I would think we will say judging will be done at precisely 1045 and that should be after the shot. Cups for the judges will be distributed and ticketed so you must not lose these. Good Luck to all and we will have non biased judges. If I gottta cook it onsite, then I'll just bring some for the masses then. It takes too long to prep at home as it is.

JB
11-26-2010, 06:45 PM
If I gottta cook it onsite, then I'll just bring some for the masses then. It takes too long to prep at home as it is.

Yeah, a good chili is at least a 2 day affair...

or a double cooking anyway.

Texan_Bill
11-26-2010, 08:27 PM
I agree. Chili is one of those dishes that needs time for the flavors to "marry"... That first year was really tough, when you couldn't pre-cook the meat. Last year was a little better, but still not enough time for everything to simmer together, lone enough.

SheTexan
11-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, a good chili is at least a 2 day affair...

or a double cooking anyway.

Award winnin chili 2 hrs!!!:) The secret includes one of your favorite things!!

JB
11-27-2010, 08:20 AM

Awesome! Wish I was going to be there to check it out

silvrhand
11-27-2010, 12:00 PM

woah I didn't know you could put *THAT* into chili!

JB
11-27-2010, 12:13 PM
woah I didn't know you could put *THAT* into chili!

:lol:

Shush!

Secret ingredients are secret!

Tedc
11-27-2010, 05:25 PM
It should be a great time! I have had my head up my backside for a while and a little out of sorts with the holidays. Joe's idea for the chili registration fee was a good idea since the trophy was "lost" when Justin won it.

You guys decide...$5.00...$10.00 registration and we will have ALL the proceeds going to first, second, and third place.

This tailgate will not include the 50/50 as there is too much going on with the cookoff to keep track and Kat may not be at the tailgate.

Also, Yankee, I got the stripper pole :peek: you wanted (flag pole) and we will be able to fly our new flag high this tailgate.:texflag:

It sure will be good to see everyone again!

disaacks3
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Got my (non-award-winning) Buffalo Chili starting to simmer. Hope the masses like it, the Bison went up to $9/lb!!

JB
11-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Got my (non-award-winning) Buffalo Chili starting to simmer. Hope the masses like it, the Bison went up to $9/lb!!

:yikes:

That seems awfully high even for Bison!

Are you shopping at Randall's?

SheTexan
11-28-2010, 12:47 AM
Not sure when I might get there guys. Not feeling very well, neither is Kara. Gonna see how I feel when the clock goes off about 4am. I'll make the game, just not sure about the cookoff. Everythings packed and ready to go, but, my lungs are telling me I might have to wait till the sun comes up. Drugs are good though, and I'm doping up real well tonight. Hope to see ya all bright and early.

Gma

NitroGSXR
11-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Drugs are good though, and I'm doping up real well tonight. Hope to see ya all bright and early.

Gma

Gma is totally awesome.

Andrew6
11-28-2010, 02:24 AM
Not sure when I might get there guys. Not feeling very well, neither is Kara. Gonna see how I feel when the clock goes off about 4am. I'll make the game, just not sure about the cookoff. Everythings packed and ready to go, but, my lungs are telling me I might have to wait till the sun comes up. Drugs are good though, and I'm doping up real well tonight. Hope to see ya all bright and early.

Gma

hope you get to feeling better. I won't feel good beating you unless you're at your best. ;):smiliedance:

SheTexan
11-28-2010, 06:06 AM
Well Andrew! I'm not at my best, but, I'll be there and ready to take ya on!! :chef: Headed to the friggin store to buy a damn can opener!! I'm just glad I remembered I need one!

JB
11-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Go gma!

Texan_Bill
11-28-2010, 07:38 AM
GAME DAY!! On site in T-20 minutes (+/- a couple)

silvrhand
11-28-2010, 07:50 AM
GAME DAY!! On site in T-20 minutes (+/- a couple)

Don't miss your ride PAB!

Yankee_In_TX
11-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Don't miss your ride PAB!

Don't miss your Titans buddy!!!!!!! :kitten:

silvrhand
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Don't miss your Titans buddy!!!!!!! :kitten:

hehe he was very "QUIET" during the game and on the way back from the game.
:spin:

SheTexan
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM
If you're talkin about Pappy, I adore him! Pappy has been around for years, and pulls for the Texans when they're not playing the Tits. Some of his family are avid Texan fans. Pappy was a diehard Oiler fan who decided to follow the team to Tenn. He's a GREAT guy, and a good loser!! If I'm not mistaken he has PSLs in the Bullpen.

jjjezebel
11-29-2010, 09:25 PM
So, I wasn't feeling so good before the game, and totally missed the results. Who won?

JB
11-29-2010, 09:31 PM
So, I wasn't feeling so good before the game, and totally missed the results. Who won?

That's what I want to know! Who won the damn chili cook off??? Who is my main competition?

BullPenPhotos
11-29-2010, 09:31 PM

Papa TROLL
In case you don't get this...He last most of the letters off his cape and had to turn it inside out this game...
http://www.texansbullpen.com/10photogallery/Season/2010-11-28-Titans-Texans/Fans/DSC_0073.JPG

SheTexan
11-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Congrats to Justin!! One of these days I'm gonna taste everyone else's chili. Mine sorta sucked yesterday. Didn't bring all the right spices with me. Anyway, I tweeked it today and it was yummy.

BTW: Who were the judges? I only know two of them.

Joe Texan
11-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I know ther were some who did not play by the rules and cooked thier chili at home, I let some people in the contest that did this so Justin got in too. That being said next Year the rules will be strictly followed

disaacks3
11-30-2010, 02:08 PM
I know ther were some who did not play by the rules and cooked thier chili at home, I let some people in the contest that did this so Justin got in too. That being said next Year the rules will be strictly followed Hey y'all could have left the "rules" however you wanted...it would have made no difference to me. (other than saving me $10).

jjjezebel
12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Shouldn't this thread for last season's cook off have been un-stickied a long time ago? You know, since we're ready to have this season's cook off in a couple of weeks?

And the rules will need to be clarified, because Kathryn told me yesterday that you *can* cook the chili at home, and bring it. The amount of time that we have to tailgate is not sufficient to make decent chili.

disaacks3
12-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Shouldn't this thread for last season's cook off have been un-stickied a long time ago? You know, since we're ready to have this season's cook off in a couple of weeks?

And the rules will need to be clarified, because Kathryn told me yesterday that you *can* cook the chili at home, and bring it. The amount of time that we have to tailgate is not sufficient to make decent chili. No kidding.

SheTexan
12-21-2011, 08:51 PM
The winner last year made his ahead of time, so sounds like a good plan to me. I really don't care. Thinking I might pass this year. Not sure yet.

Texan_Bill
12-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey y'all could have left the "rules" however you wanted...it would have made no difference to me. (other than saving me $10).

Meh Dan, the "judges" have their minds made up long before hand! #FACT!!!

LEATHERHEAD
12-27-2011, 11:07 PM
where are the rules?i tell you One rule ,,, Bronco Billy is not a judge.he`s worse than the Indy Ref`s....:scarygirl:

Texan_Bill
12-27-2011, 11:40 PM
where are the rules?i tell you One rule ,,, Bronco Billy is not a judge.he`s worse than the Indy Ref`s....:scarygirl:

This is #FACT! :D

Joe Texan
09-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Chili cook off rules.

1. Bring chili however you want to
Make it, bring from home, buy from
Sonic, whatever you want to do.
2. Do whatever you need to do to win
The judges taste buds while heating
It up
3. Bronco Billy cannot be judge. Period
4. Judges picked by a person agreed upon by joetexan, kathrine, and jezzabelle (katie)
5. Turn in at 10 am
6. Results at annoucements

Good luck to all and Go Texans

jjjezebel
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't even do the chili cookoff. Why am I picking a judge?

And why don't we just start a new thread for this, instead of resurrecting one that's three years old?

Joe Texan
09-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Your the one who brought it up but i will remove you if you do not want the honor. No need to make a new thread when this one works

disaacks3
09-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't even do the chili cookoff. Why am I picking a judge?

And why don't we just start a new thread for this, instead of resurrecting one that's three years old?

Now that you mention it, that might make you most qualified to BE a judge! :good:

jjjezebel
09-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Your the one who brought it up but i will remove you if you do not want the honor. No need to make a new thread when this one works

That reply of mine was from December 2011...just sayin'. And I only brought it up then because I thought Andy might want to participate.

But if you want me to judge, or help pick a judge, then that's fine.

Joe Texan
09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Cool i wasnt trying to ruffle the feathers just thought you would make a fair addition to me and kathrine. It is totally up to you and we will do this next tailgate. I will ask you after setting up.