PDA

View Full Version : Mario and Brian

HardKnockTexan
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
are a shell of their former selves. Their play yesterday was pathetic. I've never seen someone as talented as Mario is that just quits on plays. Multiple times yesterday I saw him getting stood up by a TE or running back, make no effort, and watch the ball carrier go right by him.

Brian Cushing isn't the beast we thought he was. He doesn't attack anymore. He can't cover anyone. He doesn't seem to understand zone coverage at all. He got punked in the open field... again. He just STOOD STILL and watched that Jag run right by him. He should of never stopped over training.

eriadoc
11-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Examples with time stamps, please.

wagonhed
11-15-2010, 10:49 AM
yawn

Corrosion
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
are a shell of their former selves. Their play yesterday was pathetic. I've never seen someone as talented as Mario is that just quits on plays. Multiple times yesterday I saw him getting stood up by a TE or running back, make no effort, and watch the ball carrier go right by him.

Brian Cushing isn't the beast we thought he was. He doesn't attack anymore. He can't cover anyone. He doesn't seem to understand zone coverage at all. He got punked in the open field... again. He just STOOD STILL and watched that Jag run right by him. He should of never stopped over training.

Posting this crap in the other thread wasnt enough ? It deserves its own thread ?

I wonder if we were watching the same game ..... Maybe you were watching the Rams and 49ers .... :wadepalm:

HardKnockTexan
11-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Posting this crap in the other thread wasnt enough ? It deserves its own thread ?

I wonder if we were watching the same game ..... Maybe you were watching the Rams and 49ers .... :wadepalm:

I just think that the "stars" of our team deserved to be called out when they play as bad as they did yesterday. There's plenty of blame to go around but the lack of leadership on this team is incredibly disappointing. Mario quits on plays and something is very wrong with Cushing. These are our defensive stars, the people that our younger players should look to as examples of how to be a Texan. They are failing.

FirstTexansFan
11-15-2010, 11:01 AM
I just think that the "stars" of our team deserved to be called out when they play as bad as they did yesterday.

And as both of these guys are avid readers of this forum, I'm glad you just gave them what for... I'm betting we see an improvement next week :) :kitten:

HardKnockTexan
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
And as both of these guys are avid readers of this forum, I'm glad you just gave them what for... I'm betting we see an improvement next week :) :kitten:

Just venting my frustration...

FirstTexansFan
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Just venting my frustration...

And you sir are entitled to do so... just making light of it, as that is my way of dealing with frustration... just laugh about it :)

Houston_Fanatic
11-15-2010, 11:10 AM
He got punked in the open field... again. He just STOOD STILL and watched that Jag run right by him. He should of never stopped over training.

I don't have a DVR so can't point to the minutes on the clock, but I saw that play and my jaw dropped. The old Cush would have stormed him and flattened him. Instead, he just froze in place while the guy ran around him. I saw Mario giving up on many plays. Yes, he had some good plays but not enough to make up for his laize-faire ones.

Hagar
11-15-2010, 11:15 AM

Not crap, its the truth.

Think about it, you don't get to be this bad because of poor coaching. This defense is going to require a complete overhall.

Blake
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Watch out Corrosion! You might get neg repped like 4 times for telling people to post in existing threads! I know from experience.

Corrosion
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Watch out Corrosion! You might get neg repped like 4 times for telling people to post in existing threads! I know from experience.

No , he posted the exact same post in another thread .... then made a new thread for it.

As for neg rep , Ive gotten it before and Im sure I'll get it again .... Dont think they really want to get into a pissing fight. :specnatz:

otisbean
11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Drew is Much faster/quicker than Cushing, dude ran a 4.3 40 at the combine. It would have been embarrassing for him if Cush got him in the open field. You're not giving Jones-Drew enough credit

hot pickle
11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
i thought both of them had decide games yesterday!

wagonhed
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
And who would blame the players for giving up on Kubiak/Bush? Because it certainly doesn't seem out of the question at this point that the team, especially the defense, has had enough of their coaching.

Corrosion
11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
And who would blame the players for giving up on Kubiak/Bush? Because it certainly doesn't seem out of the question at this point that the team, especially the defense, has had enough of their coaching.

Yeah , same coaches that had them kicking ass and taking names from week three on last season .....

The main problem with this defense is a lack of push by the DT's , part of that is scheme but in the end it is up to the players to get it done.

Steal Your Face
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM

I would blame them if they quit ...

Norg
11-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Mario i get if some on was dumb enough to offer us a 1st round pick for him ill trade him in a heartbeat

Cushing is different usually u have to wait 3 years to judge a Draft pick IMO or rookie

wagonhed
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Mario i get if some on was dumb enough to offer us a 1st round pick for him ill trade him in a heartbeat

This is insane. Do you think it's a walk in the park getting a premier pass rushing DE? Not to mention one that is great against the run?

mussop
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
This is insane. Do you think it's a walk in the park getting a premier pass rushing DE? Not to mention one that is great against the run?

Obviously not, we havent been able to get one in our existance.