PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's knockin, should I let em in?

Porky
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Knock, Knock. (opens door)

Oh look, boys and girls it's an old friend that I never thought I would see again. It's Mr. Apathy. And look kids, he brought his cousin Mr. INolongercare.

Should I slam the door in their face and tell em to head to Dallas, or should I invite them in, pour em a cup of cofee and offer to let them stay in my guest room until the Texans and especially Mr. McNair actually start to give a damn about me as a fan as much as I do about them?

Right now, they are on the doorstep and it's cold and raining. I'm inclined to invite them in, but I want to get a 2nd opinion, so what say you?

Cjeremy635
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh.....I thought you were going to say, "hey, it's me again....black tar heroin".

That's how bad this season is for me..........

DexmanC
11-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Mr. Apathy's been chillin' wit me all season.

Malloy
11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Bring em in, it's either that or wierd uncle Frustration :)

Mr. White
11-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I bet Terri Gibbs is a better DB coach than David Gibbs.

HTown2ATX
11-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Apathy and I are boys now....until I start drinkin watchin the game and fooling myself into getting invested emotionally in the game due to the Alcohol and the fact that I WANT to get excited but KNOW I shouldn't let myself.

Apathy always tries to warn me.....but I never listen.

:mariopalm:

chicagotexan2
11-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Read my sig. This team has 2 gears. Reverse and Neutral. (and Suck). Make it 3.

Houston_Fanatic
11-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Count me in as one of those who busted out laughing when Quinn knocked the ball into the hands of the Jags receiver and he stepped in the end zone.

That's how little I care anymore. I thought it was hilarious that we found another way to lose.

RTP2110
11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Count me in as one of those who busted out laughing when Quinn knocked the ball into the hands of the Jags receiver and he stepped in the end zone.

That's how little I care anymore. I thought it was hilarious that we found another way to lose.

The only way to watch the Texans AND maintain your health is to take your heart out of it. I actually shut down at halftime of the Colts game. I'll still watch, but I'll be damned if I put all that emotion into it again.

Texas T
11-15-2010, 10:28 AM

I was kinda impressed with this method of loosing.
Last week was the freak AJ knee bounce to the Safety, this week the freak bat to the receiver on a hail mary.
I can't wait to see how we loose next week...maybe we should start a thread wher we make bets about it!

Malloy
11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I was kinda impressed with this method of loosing.
Last week was the freak AJ knee bounce to the Safety, this week the freak bat to the receiver on a hail mary.
I can't wait to see how we loose next week...maybe we should start a thread wher we make bets about it!

I agree. We really made an effort screwing that one up.

The1ApplePie
11-15-2010, 10:44 AM
As a Cowboys and Texans fan, this NFL season has sucked.

The only good thing is, with a new head coach, at least the Cowboys are fun to watch again.

The Boys: So bad its good
Texans: So bad its horrible

Porky
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
The only way to watch the Texans AND maintain your health is to take your heart out of it. I actually shut down at halftime of the Colts game. I'll still watch, but I'll be damned if I put all that emotion into it again.

This is kind of where I am at. Apathy has set in and my heart has turned cold. I literally didn't care when that happened yesterday. I didn't even get mad. I just laughed and did this :wadepalm:

I guess I am trying to find some glint of hope, some ray of sunshine in this sea of clouds, but I cannot do it anymore. Even during the Capers era I always had some hope, but since my belief is that the primary problem exists at the ownership level, I think we are doomed. I don't think McNair has it in him to get a Chin or a Gruden or any really good choice for a coach. If he gets rid of Kubes, it will be more of the same type of choices....and the pattern of failure continues. I am literally hopeless.

gwallaia
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Sadly for me, I still care.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Oh.....I thought you were going to say, "hey, it's me again....black tar heroin".

That's how bad this season is for me..........

The Houston Texans chasing the playoffs year after year. (http://www.gamegum.com/games/1857%2Fheroin-hero)...

Or maybe it's just Cushing "over-training", who knows :rolleyes:

texanhead08
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I still care I have just become numb to this insane ways we lose games. It has gotten to where I don't get pissed about it like I used too.

Carr Bombed
11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I still care I have just become numb to this insane ways we lose games. It has gotten to where I don't get pissed about it like I used too.

I LMAO all game long yesterday....and even posted in the Jaguars game thread and not over here.

I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE. Not once did I get upset watching the game, I just laughed like I was watching a blooper reel. I'm done with Mr. "Strawberry Shortbus" and the rest of his misfits. McNair needs to clean house or alot of people won't even give a crap about next season.

DexmanC
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
There isn't a comedy on TV more hilarious than "The Houston Texans," coming
to you on Sunday and a couple Mondays throughout the year. I expected
something to go wrong on the hail mary, after Antonio Smith jumped offside.

When Q-Tip did his magic in the endzone, I laughed harder than I had in a long time.

I can't take the Texans seriously until Kubiak and his Troupe of Stooges are gone.

I wouldn't doubt if D-Rob is laughing his head off at what's going down here. He's
probably telling his teammates "I told ya'll!"

MightyTExan
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
VY hasn't had his annual- "run for a touchdown unabated in the last second of the game", yet.

AnthonyE
11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I let Mr. Apathy in come Sunday evening. He's welcome as long as he needs to stay.

But for some reason, he always busy sunday afternoon and he never sticks around during the games.
:kitten:

Houston_Fanatic
11-15-2010, 05:34 PM
VY hasn't had his annual- "run for a touchdown unabated in the last second of the game", yet.

He won't need to this time. He will put up 400+ yds and they will be so far ahead he will be taking a knee at the end of the game and counting his blessings he wasn't drafted by the Texans.