PDA

View Full Version : Pats V Steelers

sakebomb
11-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Two things I noticed during the game:

1. Tom Brady is a leader. I loved watching him get on his teammates a$$.

2. Did anyone notice the difference in how our defense lined up for the hail mary compared to how New England did it at the end of the 1st half?

Our guys were on the line of scrimmage trying to jam them I guess. A team with real coaching had his players way back off the line so their backs wouldn't be to the ball when it was airborne. Check it out.

Here's the Texans play. You don't have to watch the whole thing. Just the beginning were the DB's are playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhLrk8jlR4

HOU-TEX
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Did you happen to notice the Pats defense when they went in a 4-3 alignment? That, IMO, is the way a Dline's supposed to play like. Wilfork and Wright as the DT's were awesome.

Dread-Head
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm not a big fan of the helmet to helmet fines the league has been handing out like ticktacs, but I've noticed something. The league seems to be intent on handing them out TO the Steelers and not against them. Some guy lowered his helmet into Hines Ward in the New England game and took him out of a game. There was no flag nor was there a fine. I don't support arbitrary fines, but if you're going to be a #itch and dole them out do so fairly. Had Harrison or Polamalu administered the same hit they would have been fined, but because it was one of Miss Brady's team-mates the league turned a blind eye. Nice...but then again when Brady fumbles...he was attempting to make a foward pass...and when Belechick is caught taping the other team in the course of the game he's given a fine rather than being banned from the sport...so I shouldn't expect anything more from the NFL.