PDA

View Full Version : Pick one player you think harmed us the most today...

dream_team
11-15-2010, 12:01 AM
The obvious guy is Glover Quin. But I'm actually ok with Glover. He did what most DBs would have done, try to bat down the ball. His execution was a bit poor, but it was just all bad luck in the end IMO.

Dreesen is another good candidate. Not only did his fumble set up the hail mary, but he also had a key false start in the last drive that put us in a bad position.

I've even heard some blame Antonio Smith for such a bone head offsides at the end, which made the hail mary even easier.

But the guy that really irked me today... that really deserves alot of the blame for the loss... is Matt Turk! If you're a punter in this league, you better do what you do well! If we expect Kickers to make every field goal less than 50 yards, then we should expect punters to AT LEAST punt farther than 40 yards!

Turk had two crappy ass punts today that led to Jaguar Touchdowns. He had a 36 yard punt to the Jags 47. Which of course, led to a TD.

But the worse one was with less than 2 minutes left in the half, he punts the ball 20 (that's right, twenty) yards to the Jags 45! Jags don't have a good 2-min offense... so letting them start at mid-field was huge for them. If he would have punted an NFL average punt, I'm pretty sure we would have seen a Scobee FG attempt instead of a TD to end the 1st half.

Turk is actually the first guy I would cut if I had that power.

Goatcheese
11-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Quin and not just for the final play. His coverage and tackling were ugly. That wasn't the only long TD he gave up today. The Jags receivers beat him like he stole something.

dream_team
11-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Quin and not just for the final play. His coverage and tackling were ugly. That wasn't the only long TD he gave up today. The Jags receivers beat him like he stole something.

I agree... Quin will probably look back at this as his worst game ever.

But I'm still irked at Turk (cool, that rhymes). Corner back is the 2nd toughest position to play in the NFL... punting... well punting is punting!

ThaShark316
11-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Funny cuz Glo had the most tackles today. :fingergun:

Lucky
11-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Turk is actually the first guy I would cut if I had that power.
Turk should have been replaced along with Kris Brown. Coach Joe's special teams have been less than special this season. He can leave with the head coach, this time.

Norg
11-15-2010, 12:12 AM
to many to name u win has a team nad lose has a team unles u didnt play much ...... LOL :P

Mario williams ............ Were the F was he all day

dream_team
11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
to many to name u win has a team nad lose has a team unles u didnt play much ...... LOL :P

Mario williams ............ Were the F was he all day

I thought Mario was decent today in rushing the passer... but what the hell happened to his run D? I used to think he was the best DE against the run. But what the hell happened this season?

MFG16
11-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Any player who commited a penaly. Smith for the offsides penalty, whoever was responsible for calling back AJ's touchdown (i know we still got a TD but that was one of the best catches i have seen in a while) whoever was responsible for calling back Fosters beastly screen pass run etc. Its one thing to drop a ball or lose on a flukey play but when you beat yourself it kills momentum. I was okay with GQ, that bat down was flukey but he shouldn't have even had to be in that position at the end of the game. Can I blame Frank Bush? he needs to go.

Allstar
11-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Well if Joel Dreesson didn't have the false start, we could have at least attempted a 58 yard field goal, although I wouldn't expect to make that. BUT, that false start looked like it would have been a 10+ yard gain to Walter on a quick slant. THEN, he fumbles the ball and ultimately leads the Jags to their victory. I blame number 85.

dream_team
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Any player who commited a penaly. Smith for the offsides penalty, whoever was responsible for calling back AJ's touchdown (i know we still got a TD but that was one of the best catches i have seen in a while) whoever was responsible for calling back Fosters beastly screen pass run etc. Its one thing to drop a ball or lose on a flukey play but when you beat yourself it kills momentum. I was okay with GQ, that bat down was flukey but he shouldn't have even had to be in that position at the end of the game. Can I blame Frank Bush? he needs to go.

No Frank Bush... players only. I'm tired of blaming coaches for every loss. Yes, they deserve it, but time to start spreading the blame.

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 12:42 AM

Agreed. This was a horrible game for Quin and not because of the final play.

I was also angry with Jacoby Jones again. Dropsies on important passes, horrible returns.

Antonio Smith didn't help with his boneheaded offsides either.

Grforces
11-15-2010, 12:56 AM
The team is just not disiplined enough. To many costly mistakes when it matters most. Choke city anyone? Our guys just cant handle pressure. For me that means the coaching staff does not prepare them the right way.
Anyways as disgusted I am, I loved the way AJ, Walters, and Amobi played today. The D line in general except f ing Smith.
One thing we are not talking about is Jackson. LOL

dream_team
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
The team is just not disiplined enough. To many costly mistakes when it matters most. Choke city anyone? Our guys just cant handle pressure. For me that means the coaching staff does not prepare them the right way.
Anyways as disgusted I am, I loved the way AJ, Walters, and Amobi played today. The D line in general except f ing Smith.
One thing we are not talking about is Jackson. LOL

It seems like QBs only want to pick on one CB at a time. KJ may have gotten lucky that Garrard simply picked on Quin the whole time.

Dutchrudder
11-15-2010, 01:37 AM
I blame Ron Dayne.

eriadoc
11-15-2010, 01:57 AM
But the guy that really irked me today... that really deserves alot of the blame for the loss... is Matt Turk! If you're a punter in this league, you better do what you do well! If we expect Kickers to make every field goal less than 50 yards, then we should expect punters to AT LEAST punt farther than 40 yards!

Turk had two crappy ass punts today that led to Jaguar Touchdowns. He had a 36 yard punt to the Jags 47. Which of course, led to a TD.

Turk was actually making the team better today. I mean, let's face it - the other team's offense is going to score no matter where they start on the field, so normally, those deep punts he booms just result in the other team taking longer to score a TD. With less ground to cover, the other team was kicking the ball back to the Texans with more time on the clock.

:D

As for my culprits ..... the entire offense for wasting half of a game (again), the head coach for wasting three perfectly useful timeouts at the end of the first half, the entire defense for continuing their torrid pace, Dreessen for the false start and subsequent fumble, Antonio Smith for the offsides that put the Jags in Hail Mary range, and whoever thought it would be cool if MoJo ran all over the defense in the first half (all of Jags nation, I suspect).

My apologies to anyone I missed.

wagonhed
11-15-2010, 02:03 AM
I sort of reject the idea of singling out players in general. Noone was perfect this week and none were perfect the previous week or any other week. Most everyone has made a critical mistake at some point this season.

hot pickle
11-15-2010, 02:09 AM
tony boselli!!!!

but seriously not just today but the whole season i think jacoby jones has hurt us ALOT if not the most! every week he drops a very catchable pass that is a potential first down! I love JJ but hes gonna start putting in more work during the week if he wants to stay on this football team! so much potential and it just seems like he doesnt take it seriously

TheMatrix31
11-15-2010, 02:13 AM
I sort of reject the idea of singling out players in general. Noone was perfect this week and none were perfect the previous week or any other week. Most everyone has made a critical mistake at some point this season.

Actually, Schaub was damn near perfect. Played extremely well, mostly hit every spot, I don't recall him getting sacked, and he didn't turn the ball over.

I think it's "acceptable" to single out certain players if they deserve to be. Sometimes, specific players just have blatantly horrendous games/plays/mistakes. It's ok to acknowledge them.

Hagar
11-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Mario Williams

Big players make big plays when the team needs them most (see Andre Johnson). Mario was MIA today.

Corrosion
11-15-2010, 02:22 AM
Looking for a scapegoat in this situation is .... silly.

There were plenty of mistakes to go around.

Piss poor tackling , dropping an INT that hits you in the hands , letting another INT get away , penalties on both sides of the ball , sub par run blocking and a turnover at a critical moment set this team up to be beaten by an inferior team on a freak play.
You cant make those mistakes in the NFL , especially on the road and expect to come out with a win.

beerlover
11-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Football is a team game, I refuse to single anyone individual it was a collective effort by all :kubepalm:

Texas T
11-15-2010, 07:32 AM
As for my culprits ..... the entire offense for wasting half of a game (again), the head coach for wasting three perfectly useful timeouts at the end of the first half, the entire defense for continuing their torrid pace, Dreessen for the false start and subsequent fumble, Antonio Smith for the offsides that put the Jags in Hail Mary range, and whoever thought it would be cool if MoJo ran all over the defense in the first half (all of Jags nation, I suspect).

My apologies to anyone I missed.

This^^^^

I really wish they could play a whole game.
They looked fantastic in the second half-but once again it was too late.
I'll even overlook the Dressen fumble-it was punched out...it can happen.
Horrible first half on both sides-I really expected a complete blow out after half time. I was ready to pack it in and leave the bar...but then they made me care again by trying...you'd think I'd know better after all this time.

NitroGSXR
11-15-2010, 07:46 AM

I believe Andre Johnson was called for an illegal block.

Cut his punk ass... not.

dalemurphy
11-15-2010, 08:12 AM
I thought Mario was decent today in rushing the passer... but what the hell happened to his run D? I used to think he was the best DE against the run. But what the hell happened this season?

That was against Jordan Black

OrangeLotPole8
11-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Hmmmm..... one player who hurt us most....... GARY KUBIAK! With Glover a close second!:fingergun:

dream_team
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Football is a team game, I refuse to single anyone individual it was a collective effort by all :kubepalm:

Why is it ok to single out players in wins, but not in losses? During a win, there are game balls or MVP awards given to single players. It should be allowed to do the same in a loss.

dream_team
11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Hmmmm..... one player who hurt us most....... GARY KUBIAK! With Glover a close second!:fingergun:

Yeah yeah. We all agree Kubiak is the main source of the problem. But stick to the topic of the thread, which PLAYER?

OrangeLotPole8
11-15-2010, 10:07 AM
ummmm.... which player did I name?:whistle:

HOU-TEX
11-15-2010, 10:08 AM
My blame for this game goes solely to the Bush and his High School defense. The Jaguars juggernaut of an offense kept the ball for over 35 minutes.

It's a sad day in America when our defense has actually gotten worse since Richard Smith left. LMAO! Good Lord

JB
11-15-2010, 10:13 AM
My blame for this game goes solely to the Bush and his High School defense. The Jaguars juggernaut of an offense kept the ball for over 35 minutes.

It's a sad day in America when our defense has actually gotten worse since Richard Smith left. LMAO! Good Lord

Right! Who would have thunk it?

HJam72
11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
We lost the first half of this game 17-3 and Jax scored 14 of those points at the end of the half on a worn out D. To me, that just wreaks of the offense being to blame for this loss and, although I wouldn't know of one player specifically to blame, they sucked the whole first half. It's on the O.

HardKnockTexan
11-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm torn between Mario Williams and Brian Cushing.

I saw Mario standing around just watching the ball carriers run by him. It was pathetic to see. NO EFFORT!!

Brian Cushing is a shell of his former self. He doesn't attack, he can't cover a SLOW TE!!! He was made to look like a little punk when whoever that Jag was just had Cushing standing in place in the open field. Ran right by him. PATHETIC!!

HOU-TEX
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
We lost the first half of this game 17-3 and Jax scored 14 of those points at the end of the half on a worn out D. To me, that just wreaks of the offense being to blame for this loss and, although I wouldn't know of one player specifically to blame, they sucked the whole first half. It's on the O.

I don't think so. The offense isn't free from blame, but the Jags had the ball almost 19 minutes of the first half. To me, that reeks of a defense's inability to get off the field.

NitroGSXR
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM

I saw Mario standing around just watching the ball carriers run by him. It was pathetic to see. NO EFFORT!!

Brian Cushing is a shell of his former self. He doesn't attack, he can't cover a SLOW TE!!! He was made to look like a little punk when whoever that Jag was just had Cushing standing in place in the open field. Ran right by him. PATHETIC!!

I thought Cushing did much better yesterday but his playmaking abilities are certainly missed.

eriadoc
11-15-2010, 11:40 AM

Time stamp, please.

JB
11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
David Garard

drs23
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
David Garard

:lol: Leave it to you JB! That's funny!

MSR

devo-x
11-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Who would you replace Matt Turk with?

What about starting Molden and Allen as CBs next game? That might motivate Quinn, Jackson, McCain .....

ArlingtonTexan
11-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Actually, Schaub was damn near perfect. Played extremely well, mostly hit every spot, I don't recall him getting sacked, and he didn't turn the ball over.

I think it's "acceptable" to single out certain players if they deserve to be. Sometimes, specific players just have blatantly horrendous games/plays/mistakes. It's ok to acknowledge them.

Schuab made a very poor decision to hit Dressen on the fumble play. Middle of the field with a player who has little to no chance to get to the sidelines before the clock went out.

JB
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Schuab made a very poor decision to hit Dressen on the fumble play. Middle of the field with a player who has little to no chance to get to the sidelines before the clock went out.

Yep! After the false start, they should have just taken a knee